PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone call worse timeouts than Pop?

TheGreatYacht
01-27-2021, 10:18 PM
I called it in the game thread as soon as it happened. Keldon and Demar were getting anything they wanted at the rim to start the 3rd quarter, Aldridge had just dunked on two Celtics, Spurs are up 15.... and then a bad defensive play occurs giving Tristan Thompson an and-1, and crater face predictably calls his momentum killing TO.

Celtics then go on a 18-3 run and lead by 2 to end the quarter.

This team ain't going anywhere while crater face is alive. Our top 10 player of all time ain't here to spray cologne on his hot steamy shits. Poop won't willingly stop collecting easy pay checks at a job with no expectations.

KingKev
01-27-2021, 10:21 PM
Your takes remind of Jakob’s offensive game... And for the record I think Pop is over the hill. Just for perspective.

Uriel
01-27-2021, 10:49 PM
You do realize he's coaching the team until 2024, right?

TheGreatYacht
01-27-2021, 10:51 PM
Obviously. Easy pay checks and he's trying to get something better than a bronze medal with Team USA

ducks
01-27-2021, 11:07 PM

Why
He
Sucks
Donkey
Balls

rankingtear
01-27-2021, 11:11 PM
This is the miserable people circlejerk thread. Can't you guys enjoy a close game?

KaiRMD1
01-27-2021, 11:17 PM
Jim Boylen comes to mind

RC_Drunkford
01-28-2021, 10:28 AM
He has always done that and it doesn't make much sense. Everytime the Spurs are on a run, he calls a time out immediately once the other team scores 1 bucket off a defensive mistake. That's just Pop. It would probably make sense to wait a little longer, but the old man won't change his ways.

KobesAchilles
01-28-2021, 11:36 AM
He has always done that and it doesn't make much sense. Everytime the Spurs are on a run, he calls a time out immediately once the other team scores 1 bucket off a defensive mistake. That's just Pop. It would probably make sense to wait a little longer, but the old man won't change his ways.
I remember watch an old Phil Jackson interview where he said that he hated calling time outs and felt it was better for the players to figure it out on their own. And then I see Pop call a time out like immediately when the other team gets one basket and I'm just fascinated with the different approaches both legends have.

ECOV
01-28-2021, 12:38 PM
This is the miserable people circlejerk thread. Can't you guys enjoy a close game?
enjoyment is not part of spurs talk sadly