PDA

View Full Version : Decriminalizing weed.... stocks?

RandomGuy
02-10-2021, 04:18 PM
Probably a thread on this somewhere, I tried searching and no luck.

Found one or two, but any thoughts?

Full federal decriminalization looks possible this year.

Chucho
02-10-2021, 04:29 PM
Good. Prohibition on pot is stupid and making it legal will be the biggest dent this country can make against filthy Mexican drug cartels.

Those wetbacks can keep their shit weed on their side of the border. I pay $50 a zip for decent, honest, American outdoor here in Cali. The shit that Texans will pay $20 a gram for.

Eliminating dirty Mexican drug dealers from sending their dramatically inferior weed to the fat people in Texas will eliminate massive amounts of silly possession cases, freeing up the Texas court systems while killing the enemy.

Mexican meth isn't moving the needle and the cartels can't get their coke across the borders to save their lives, so just finish off these relics of ancient drug-dealing and keep everything 100% domestic.

Blake
02-10-2021, 04:31 PM
Eh, I would only invest in medicinal stock.

The recreational stuff seems like it'll go the way of vaping .

Chucho
02-10-2021, 04:39 PM
lol, yeah, the rec stuff is going away like you being a walking punchline 15 years later is going away.

MultiTroll
02-10-2021, 04:41 PM
Will be controlled by the tabacco companies and paid off politicians.

If you can get inside info on that, go for it. They along with the hedge fund pigs will choose which stocks blow up.

Trill Clinton
02-10-2021, 04:49 PM
Bought me some pot stock thanks to my boy CosmicCowboy

leemajors
02-10-2021, 05:00 PM
Good. Prohibition on pot is stupid and making it legal will be the biggest dent this country can make against filthy Mexican drug cartels.

Those wetbacks can keep their shit weed on their side of the border. I pay $50 a zip for decent, honest, American outdoor here in Cali. The shit that Texans will pay $20 a gram for.

Eliminating dirty Mexican drug dealers from sending their dramatically inferior weed to the fat people in Texas will eliminate massive amounts of silly possession cases, freeing up the Texas court systems while killing the enemy.

Mexican meth isn't moving the needle and the cartels can't get their coke across the borders to save their lives, so just finish off these relics of ancient drug-dealing and keep everything 100% domestic.

Nah, I can get an oz for under $300, people just drive it or mail it here from legal states

RandomGuy
02-10-2021, 05:34 PM
Nah, I can get an oz for under $300, people just drive it or mail it here from legal states

I just ask my brother in wyoming/sister in colorado. visit them once a year. :D

hater
02-10-2021, 05:43 PM

:lmao u an idiot

TimDunkem
02-10-2021, 06:20 PM

This gon' age like milk.

Blake
02-10-2021, 06:28 PM
It's just personal anecdote, no research. If you guys have some hard research I'm all ears.

Adam Lambert
02-10-2021, 07:03 PM
Anyone in on Sundial? Thoughts?

Th'Pusher
02-10-2021, 07:08 PM
I’ve got APHA and SNDL early on and both up nearly 400% since I bought them.

Wondering when I should get out. Seems like a bubble, tbh.

Th'Pusher
02-10-2021, 07:12 PM

I bought it on a whim at $.78 per share in early December. It’s trading at $3.38. Supposedly they completely changed their management at the end of last year. Heard about it on r/pennystocks

koriwhat
02-11-2021, 02:26 PM

Less than $200 and better... LA's shit sucked and was taxed back to prices of a decade ago.

koriwhat
02-11-2021, 02:27 PM
:lmao u an idiot

Blake's advice should never be taken seriously just like Blake himself. He's a clown!

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 02:50 PM
I am loading up on US MSO's. I am expecting multibaggers 3X to 20X over the next 5 years as Safe banking and 280tax rules change and US Canadian OTC stocks can uplist to NASDAQ. There will be a lot of consolidation and huge upside as pension funds, hedge funds, etc. get on board. Ultimately pot stocks will carry the same earnings/stock multiples as regular commodities. Think Starbucks. The market is enormous.

Blake
02-11-2021, 03:37 PM
Blake's advice should never be taken seriously just like Blake himself. He's a clown!

WHY U FOLLOW ME AROUND GOD BLESS

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 04:15 PM

Sundial is one of the worst Canadian stocks. This is all a Robinhood play against shorts. I would take my profit and run as there is no way their fundamentals match the stock price.

Adam Lambert
02-11-2021, 04:19 PM
Sundial is one of the worst Canadian stocks. This is all a Robinhood play against shorts. I would take my profit and run as there is no way their fundamentals match the stock price.

Thanks. I'm going in on MSOS. More of an ETF guy and I like that their focus is the US market.

Chucho
02-11-2021, 04:30 PM

That's super expensive. You can get QPs for that same amount here.

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 04:37 PM
I have a chunk of CURLF and CRLBF that have run nicely and are gonna be guaranteed winners in legalization but am also running some smaller players in specific markets that may have a better multiple X run later. JUSHF, HRVSF, RWBYF and SLGWF. They are all down today with the crap going on with the Canadian pot stock runs which I see as a huge buying opportunity before the next surge up. I got dicked around on a delayed closing on some real estate I just sold or I would have dropped another 100K today. Hope this down draft holds till Monday.

What you want to look for is states with limited number of licensed providers in states going from medical to recreational. They already have the vertically integrated supply in place from seed to shelf. The real money is going to be in the value added branded products like vapes, edibles, etc.

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 04:51 PM
When the Feds legalize they are still going to leave the details to the states like they do with alcohol. You just have to be in the right players in the right locations.

SpursforSix
02-11-2021, 04:53 PM
I have a chunk of CURLF and CRLBF that have run nicely and are gonna be guaranteed winners in legalization but am also running some smaller players in specific markets that may have a better multiple X run later. JUSHF, HRVSF, RWBYF and SLGWF. They are all down today with the crap going on with the Canadian pot stock runs which I see as a huge buying opportunity before the next surge up. I got dicked around on a delayed closing on some real estate I just sold or I would have dropped another 100K today. Hope this down draft holds till Monday.

What you want to look for is states with limited number of licensed providers in states going from medical to recreational. They already have the vertically integrated supply in place from seed to shelf. The real money is going to be in the value added branded products like vapes, edibles, etc.

Thanks for the list. I'm pretty much only going after sub $5 stocks recently and trying to catch the massive runs. Also looking at JUVAF.

leemajors
02-11-2021, 05:18 PM

not as bad as it could be, but another reason I want to move when my daughter graduates

Blake
02-11-2021, 06:27 PM

I have a hard time believing that. But we'll see

TimDunkem
02-11-2021, 06:41 PM
I have a hard time believing that. But we'll see
Why?

koriwhat
02-11-2021, 07:30 PM

Depends who you know out there I suppose. My buddy got a shit ton from a grower friend of his for dirt cheap but it was worse than the schwag I used to burn back in middle school. Lol

Blake
02-11-2021, 09:50 PM
Why?

Tobacco has always been around and it took alcohol about 30-40 years after prohibition really get entrenched in society as acceptable. Just not sure it's gonna really fly off the shelves at heb like people think it might. Not even sure how long it would take to finally get to heb. 10 years?

Blake
02-11-2021, 09:53 PM
Guess we'll be watching Arizona

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 10:24 PM
Tobacco has always been around and it took alcohol about 30-40 years after prohibition really get entrenched in society as acceptable. Just not sure it's gonna really fly off the shelves at heb like people think it might. Not even sure how long it would take to finally get to heb. 10 years?

It will never get to HEB. it will be more like upscale liquor stores.

Blake
02-11-2021, 10:34 PM
It will never get to HEB. it will be more like upscale liquor stores.

That's why the stock doesn't appeal to me

CosmicCowboy
02-11-2021, 10:45 PM
That's why the stock doesn't appeal to me

Then don't buy it. No problem. What do you prefer?

Blake
02-12-2021, 12:06 AM
Then don't buy it. No problem. What do you prefer?

Right, I'm not. Just giving my opinion. I'd prefer to invest in long term medical mj stock.

CosmicCowboy
02-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the list. I'm pretty much only going after sub $5 stocks recently and trying to catch the massive runs. Also looking at JUVAF.

I wasn't really impressed with JUVAF. Looks like a lot of blue sky "we are gonna do this".

TimDunkem
02-12-2021, 10:27 AM
Harvest Health and Jushi were cheap so I picked some up. Will throw down for plenty of Cura and Cresco when I get paid.

CosmicCowboy
02-12-2021, 10:56 AM
Harvest Health and Jushi were cheap so I picked some up. Will throw down for plenty of Cura and Cresco when I get paid.

I think Harvest Health is gonna zing when they post next quarter revenue. People in Arizona are lined up around the block. They are carrying a shitload of debt but will be able to refinance at better terms after legalization.

Th'Pusher
02-12-2021, 11:37 AM

Sold my sundial this morning and reinvested it in MSOS. :tu

SpursforSix
02-12-2021, 12:08 PM
I wasn't really impressed with JUVAF. Looks like a lot of blue sky "we are gonna do this".

Sure. It's all kind of mushy. But I think they'll have news releases and it'll get pumped up with the rest of them.

SnakeBoy
02-12-2021, 03:58 PM
Found one or two, but any thoughts?

If you need ST to tell you what pot stock to buy then you should stick with dollar cost averaging into a growth mutual fund.

If you want to play with pot stocks decide your trading strategy first, they are all entirely speculative plays at this point. Holding and hoping is not a strategy. This might help you...

https://www.timothysykes.com/blog/sykes-best-stock-market-tips/#:~:text=My%20Top%2021%20Stock%20Market%20Strategi es%20&%20Tips.,#17:%20Treat%20Trading%20Like%20a%20Busin ess.%20More%20items

SnakeBoy
02-12-2021, 04:18 PM
I’ve got APHA and SNDL early on and both up nearly 400% since I bought them.

Wondering when I should get out. Seems like a bubble, tbh.

Why would you not take a 400% gain?

koriwhat
02-12-2021, 04:50 PM
My buddy lost big on Dogecoin and is celebrating Sundial by holding onto it like he did with Dogecoin. :lol

He should've sold his crypto meme crap and now he's about to make the same mistake with shitty weed from Canada.

CosmicCowboy
02-12-2021, 08:39 PM
If you need ST to tell you what pot stock to buy then you should stick with dollar cost averaging into a growth mutual fund.

If you want to play with pot stocks decide your trading strategy first, they are all entirely speculative plays at this point. Holding and hoping is not a strategy. This might help you...

https://www.timothysykes.com/blog/sykes-best-stock-market-tips/#:~:text=My%20Top%2021%20Stock%20Market%20Strategi es%20&%20Tips.,#17:%20Treat%20Trading%20Like%20a%20Busin ess.%20More%20items

Its not that hard. There are three "no miss" US pot stocks but you will pay a premium to buy them. CURALEAF, CRESCO LABS, AND TRULIEVE. all will be close to a billion dollar sales in 2021witj exponential growth beyond. Bigger potential baggers I like are Jushi, Slang, and Red White and Bloom. I also have some Harvest Health which is a tweener from the big 3 and the other 3 I mentioned.

RandomGuy
02-13-2021, 05:06 PM

Never hurts to get info one might not have had before. Google is a pretty powerful tool, but I know it has been discussed here before.

CosmicCowboy
02-14-2021, 05:59 PM
Seriously, the "hot" Canadian stocks right now are all dogs. The Colorado pot market by itself is bigger than the Canadian market.

CosmicCowboy
02-14-2021, 06:04 PM
I keep telling you guys...smoking flower is not where the big money is gonna be...its the value added products and the brand names being created.

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Damn. interest rates/inflation fears have everyone spooked today. Even my pot stocks are getting creamed. I'm down $20,000 today and hoping it drops further so I can buy more. It's a great day to buy. They will never be this cheap again. 4th quarter earnings for the big MSO's will start coming in next week and I expect huge numbers and big gains after that.

TimDunkem
03-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Yeah I bought the dip. :smokin

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2021, 02:21 PM
Yeah I bought the dip. :smokin

I've got another 20K loaded trying to catch the bottom. It's still dropping.

SpursforSix
03-04-2021, 02:41 PM
I keep telling you guys...smoking flower is not where the big money is gonna be...its the value added products and the brand names being created.

You also told us, "Cows don't fart, they belch". Thank god I didn't invest based on that.

CosmicCowboy
03-04-2021, 03:17 PM
You also told us, "Cows don't fart, they belch". Thank god I didn't invest based on that.

Well, you could do your own research, but scared is scared. Go ahead and blow your investment money on a Big Mac.

SpursforSix
03-04-2021, 03:56 PM
Well, you could do your own research, but scared is scared. Go ahead and blow your investment money on a Big Mac.

I hate Big Macs. Mostly because I hate the sauce. I used to order Big Macs with mustard instead of secret sauce but they'd fuck it up about half the time.
So I just stick with Quarter Pounder with cheese if I want a McDonald's burger. Unless I'm going to get Chicken Nuggets also. Then I'll get just a regular cheeseburger but then get extra BBQ sauce which I'll dip the cheeseburger in.

Adam Lambert
03-05-2021, 05:12 PM
Interesting little roller coaster today.

CosmicCowboy
03-05-2021, 05:19 PM
Interesting little roller coaster today.

Yep. Im in for the long haul but short term the volatility has been a pucker.

CosmicCowboy
03-05-2021, 05:34 PM
I'm down like 90K from where i was a month ago (giving back profit) but I expect a big bump next week. Curaleaf posts Q4 and 2020 earnings Tuesday and I expect big numbers that will help the whole MSO sector. I don't trade...I'm planning to hold for at least 5 years and keep adding on dips. If they are still down Monday I plan to buy some more.

TimDunkem
03-05-2021, 07:26 PM
Cresco under 12 was noice.

CosmicCowboy
03-05-2021, 07:38 PM
Cresco under 12 was noice.

Yeah, cresco is almost half my holdings. They are gonna be a multi bagger. Bought more yesterday.

SnakeBoy
05-16-2022, 03:43 PM
How's it going?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2022, 03:52 PM
How's it going?

Sucks but I'm gonna wait it out. I hate the angle Schumer has taken on this. His refusal to take incremental steps like SAFE while holding it hostage to the social justice bullshit will prevent anything from getting done.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2022, 03:57 PM
Fortunately I got into this on a five year investment horizon and can afford to wait it out. The big MSOs continue to consolidate their positions state by state while Schumer procrastinates.

SnakeBoy
05-16-2022, 04:08 PM
Sucks but I'm gonna wait it out. I hate the angle Schumer has taken on this. His refusal to take incremental steps like SAFE while holding it hostage to the social justice bullshit will prevent anything from getting done.

I just saw an interview with the guy from CB1 Captial talking about hedge funds & naked shorting pot stocks. Is one of these a GME situation I should put a few bucks on?

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2022, 04:25 PM
I just saw an interview with the guy from CB1 Captial talking about hedge funds & naked shorting pot stocks. Is one of these a GME situation I should put a few bucks on?

Sadly I dont see any immediate catalysts for a squeeze.

CosmicCowboy
05-16-2022, 04:28 PM
From a value investors standpoint I see it as a great entry point. Some stock valuations are approaching 1 year revenue which is crazy.

SpursforSix
05-16-2022, 04:41 PM

Bend over, I'll fucking give you a naked short

DMC
05-16-2022, 05:57 PM

See, all this love being offered and they call this place toxic.

MultiTroll
05-16-2022, 06:18 PM
Cartel payments to jelly fish US politicians thus far keeps it illegal thus cartels still rule.

Have taken over parts of the Emerald Triangle in Norcal and spineless US policy does nothing.

SpursforSix
05-16-2022, 07:01 PM

See, all this love being offered and they call this place toxic.

my bad. Meant to say:

“Bend over, and I’ll fuck the Trump right out of you.”

SnakeBoy
04-26-2023, 12:25 PM
Ganja glut? With excess weed, growers seek interstate sales
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ganja-glut-excess-weed-growers-seek-interstate-sales-98705910

TUMWATER, Wash. -- The email went out to legal cannabis growers around Washington state, alerting them that another of their colleagues had gone under.

“Liquidation sale,” it said. Attached was a spreadsheet of items up for grabs: LED grow lights for $500 apiece. Rotary evaporators for hash oil, $10,000.

Across the Columbia River in Oregon, where the state’s top marijuana regulator recently warned of an “existential crisis” in the industry, it's an open secret some licensed growers have funneled product to the out-of-state black market just to stay afloat.

California’s “Apple store of weed,” MedMen, is teetering with millions in unpaid bills, while the Canadian cannabis company Curaleaf has shuttered most of its cultivation operations in California, Oregon and Colorado.

Along the West Coast, which dominated U.S. marijuana production long before states began to legalize it, producers face what many call the failed economics of legal pot.

There is vast supply, thanks to great growing conditions and a wealth of expertise, but any surplus remains officially trapped within each state's borders due to the federal ban on marijuana. Prices have plunged and producers have struggled.

“I’m at rock bottom,” said Jeremy Moberg, who owns CannaSol Farms in north-central Washington and, like many licensed growers, complains that the state’s 37% cannabis tax leaves virtually no profit margin for producers. “I’m tired of running a failing business.”

SnakeBoy
04-26-2023, 12:32 PM
Its not that hard. There are three "no miss" US pot stocks but you will pay a premium to buy them. CURALEAF, CRESCO LABS, AND TRULIEVE. all will be close to a billion dollar sales in 2021witj exponential growth beyond. Bigger potential baggers I like are Jushi, Slang, and Red White and Bloom. I also have some Harvest Health which is a tweener from the big 3 and the other 3 I mentioned.

Are any of those not down 90% since you said that?

Blake
04-26-2023, 12:37 PM
Ouch

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2023, 03:34 PM
Are any of those not down 90% since you said that?

Down drastically. Fortunately I bailed out of them as soon as they really started turning down. Only lost a little. It became obvious that liberal blue states were against the MSO's and determined to socially engineer the awarding of new licenses. New York gave special consideration to those previously convicted of drug charges. Crazy shit. It was like only giving out liquor licenses to people with DWI's. Plus, they were adding so much state tax the legal dispensaries couldn't compete with the black market and they weren't shutting down the black market.

Adam Lambert
04-26-2023, 03:47 PM
Down drastically. Fortunately I bailed out of them as soon as they started turning down. It became obvious that liberal blue states were against the MSO's and determined to socially engineer the awarding of new licenses. New York gave special consideration to those previously convicted of drug charges. Crazy shit. It was like only giving out liquor licenses to people with DWI's.

:lol No it's not.

It's more like giving a liquor license to someone who was in prison for serving alcohol during prohibition. Nobody legalized DWI's.

CosmicCowboy
04-26-2023, 03:56 PM
:lol No it's not.

It's more like giving a liquor license to someone who was in prison for serving alcohol during prohibition. Nobody legalized DWI's.

They were all against the law.

Adam Lambert
04-26-2023, 03:58 PM
They were all against the law.

DWI still is.