PDA

View Full Version : Nephew vs. Stephen Curry at their absolute peaks - who ya got?

kht
02-11-2021, 02:39 AM
I saw this debate on Reddit and was somewhat surprised about the results (40 votes for nephew to 150 votes for Stephen Curry). I was curious what ST thinks.

If the question changes to “Who’s higher all-time?”... does that change your answer?

I got nephew as the better player (disregarding legacies). He’s miles ahead of Curry on defensive while being comparable to Curry on offense. You add those two things up, it’s nephew pretty easily.

Okay, then they say well offense is more important than defense. I’ll agree with that but I’ll still take nephew because he was a Kobe/Jordan clone with more size and strength and a better three point shot. People act like he was a scrub on offense compared to Curry lol.

DeRozan m8
02-11-2021, 03:58 AM
This aside...reddit breeds the dumbest cunts on the Internet

cascaders
02-11-2021, 05:06 AM
nah i got no love for this guy after what he did to our clubhouse. But all that aside, you gotta look at curry man, so inspirational xD
( Curry is so smooth and fluid on the court, not robotic at all )

Fireball
02-11-2021, 05:54 AM
i would pick peak (defensive) Kawhi ... but Curry really is so much fun to watch ... his handles ... how fluid he gets to the basket ... the ease of his half court shots. Just amazing

exstatic
02-11-2021, 08:08 AM
Curry, because his ankle condition never turned out to be chronic like Nephew’s quad.

Blackhaus
02-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Who cares, neither are Spurs. Hate both, ones a big pussy and the other is a spoiled little brat

tbdog
02-11-2021, 09:06 AM
Leonard run in Toronto was epic. Leonard run before Zaza was probably better up to that point. I don't see Curry leading Toronto like Leonard did. And I would assume if say Leonard and Curry were traded, one for one, Leonard with Klay/Draymond/Durant would be too brutal to deal with. I think the Warriors get better and Toronto perhaps about the same.

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 09:18 AM
Curry changed a whole generation by himself.

Leonard changed himself into a bitch.

I do hate Curry's antics on the floor though. He's just plain disrespectful at times.

With that said, Curry's talent far exceeds Leonard. Leonard's anticipation, size, awareness, and b-ball IQ is what makes him special.

Curry can make shots with his eyes closed. He's like real life X-Men. I wouldn't be surprised if he was abducted by an alien and was given superpowers.

Joseph Kony
02-11-2021, 09:39 AM
Peak Steph Curry was the first unanimous MVP for a reason. He was basically the three point shooting version of prime Shaq. Kawhi destroys him on D but peak Curry's gravity on offense is insane and completely trounces Leonard's impact imo. I'd take peak Curry tbh

paperboy77
02-11-2021, 10:57 AM
No brainer... peak Curry. Nephews going to steadily fade into way past his prime status. Curry is truly ridiculous to watch.

MultiTroll
02-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Kawhi.

:lol Casual Phan puts no value on defense.

tmtcsc
02-11-2021, 12:05 PM
Kawhi all day long. Steph is obviously the better 3 point shooter but nephew does everything else better. Better D, better post up, better rebounder..

I'm keeping it real while still thinking nephew is a bitch for orchestrating his exit out of San Antonio. Pop was the bigger, more complicit bitch for bending over for him. I blame Pop for what we're seeing with Deshaun Watson and James Harden. Suddenly its ok for players to walk away from unfulfilled contracts and the talking heads on ESPN just go along with it like its going to happen for sure. I'm looking at you Adam Schefter, Woj, Jalen Rose, Screamin' A Jackson..

lebomb
02-11-2021, 12:08 PM
Peak Kawhi has no weaknesses.

Kawhi over Stephen for sure.

tbdog
02-11-2021, 12:10 PM
Curry changed a whole generation by himself.

Leonard changed himself into a bitch.

I do hate Curry's antics on the floor though. He's just plain disrespectful at times.

With that said, Curry's talent far exceeds Leonard. Leonard's anticipation, size, awareness, and b-ball IQ is what makes him special.

Curry can make shots with his eyes closed. He's like real life X-Men. I wouldn't be surprised if he was abducted by an alien and was given superpowers.

I agree that he is generation. But unlike Shaq, the league has changed the rules to benift players like Curry. If anything, the rules made it easier for Curry to succeed.

Arcadian
02-11-2021, 12:11 PM
Where's the poll?

I vote Kawhi. I always prefer a 2-way player.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-11-2021, 12:25 PM

MultiTroll
02-11-2021, 12:36 PM
0 = number of bullshit illegal screens, team mate who was allowed to kick other players in the nutts, same ape allowed to hack at will.

Kawhi, like Timmy Duncan never got the pampering fake media darlings got.

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 12:36 PM
I agree that he is generation. But unlike Shaq, the league has changed the rules to benift players like Curry. If anything, the rules made it easier for Curry to succeed.

Which rules made it easier for Curry? He doesn't really get as much free throws as other stars.

For those picking peak Kawhi:

Which version? Before Zaza Kawhi, Toronto Kawhi, current Kawhi?

daslicer
02-11-2021, 12:47 PM
Which rules made it easier for Curry? He doesn't really get as much free throws as other stars.

No handchecking and the defensive 3 second rule has helped him tremendously. Imagine how much of an easier time a guy like Dejounte would have at guarding Curry if he was allowed to handcheck.

John B
02-11-2021, 12:54 PM
Better offense always beat better defense ON ONE ON ONE, period. Sure Nephew can post Curry all day, but how many 3’s can Nephew stop? And if Nephew close in, Curry blows him.

Btw, fuck Kawhi! (I’m still not over him :cuss:cuss:cuss)

John B
02-11-2021, 12:58 PM

You might want to revisit that. Curry, Harden and LeBron are the biggest pussies with getting ticky tack fouls.

daslicer
02-11-2021, 01:02 PM
Kawhi all day long. Steph is obviously the better 3 point shooter but nephew does everything else better. Better D, better post up, better rebounder..

I'm keeping it real while still thinking nephew is a bitch for orchestrating his exit out of San Antonio. Pop was the bigger, more complicit bitch for bending over for him. I blame Pop for what we're seeing with Deshaun Watson and James Harden. Suddenly its ok for players to walk away from unfulfilled contracts and the talking heads on ESPN just go along with it like its going to happen for sure. I'm looking at you Adam Schefter, Woj, Jalen Rose, Screamin' A Jackson..

Agreed 100 percent. I felt at the time the Spurs had to set the right precedent on how to handle the situation because if they didn't it would trickle down to the rest of the league. Unfortunately Pop handled it the wrong way in the sense that he should have forced Kawhi to play out his contract instead of trading him. Like you said the spurs set a bad precedent which paved the way for chodes like Davis and Harden to force their way out of their teams.

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 01:07 PM
You might want to revisit that. Curry, Harden and LeBron are the biggest pussies with getting ticky tack fouls.

Revisited:

Peak LeBron averaged 8-10 free throw attempts per game.
Peak Kawhi averages 7 free throw attempts per game.
Peak Harden averaged 10-11 free throw attempts per game.

Peak Curry averaged 4-5 free throw attempts per game.

Curry is not reliant on touch fouls for his greatness.

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 01:26 PM
Speaking of Kawhi...

https://twitter.com/ChiTown_Eazy/status/1359708333272350722?s=19

Lmfao

r0drig0lac
02-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Kawhi and is not even close, and having reddit preferring curry is all you need to know to decide who is the best. These people would also choose Magic over Bird, Shaq over Duncan and Lebron over Jordan.

LeGiannis
02-11-2021, 01:40 PM
Where's the poll?

Would you take Klay Thompson over Steph Curry? Klay is a 2-way player who can shoot equally well but lacks Curry's ball-handling.

John B
02-11-2021, 02:15 PM
Is it one-on-one or as a team defense? I always take better team defense over better team offense. It’s another story on one-on-one though which I take the better offensive player. As long as Kawhi has somebody to cover Klay, Kawhi will cover Curry like white on rice. You chop the head of the snake, it’s over for the Warriors. We saw it before Kawhi went down. On one-on-one, Curry will beat Kawhi so bad he’ll go running to his uncle.

Again, fuck Kawhi!

Sugus
02-11-2021, 02:22 PM
There (should be) is no debate that you pick Curry, every single time. He's a trascendent offensive player and can win you games by himself, either shooting out any top defense in the league, or creating such gravity by moving off-ball and drawing defenses in that the rest of your players are left open for easy baskets. We're talking about a player who forced defenses to leave Kevin Durant wide open due to the way he forces you to cover him. Hell, the very last game against us he undid the Spurs' defense by himself and got Kelly fucking Oubre bunny after bunny.

Ridiculous to say he wouldn't've carried the Raptors team to a title. That team is really underrated here - Marc Gasol and Ibaka were elite for them, and they had a lot of great pieces to make that run in Siakam as a great #2 option, OG, a semi-washed Danny, FVV, Lowry et al. They literally were just missing an offensive #1 option to carry their scoring load and compliment their already great defense - and Curry over DeMar is such a ridiculous improvement that it's not even funny. Raps would have repeated, maybe even coming close to a threepeat, with Curry staying on that roster. Meanwhile, I seriously doubt that Nephew's body would've allowed him a second run (he was limping through last years' playoffs) without massive load management. On the other hand, the Warriors would get much worse with Nephew leading them instead of Curry, since their whole system predicates on free-flowing offense topped by Curry playing off-ball, whilst KL's game is much more iso-oriented. He's also a significantly worse playmaker than Curry, which someone like Klay would suffer from. They'd get marginally better on defense, though (I personally think Klay and KL would overlap some, but anyways).

I don't understand the hate Curry gets, especially on a somewhat informed (:lol) basketball forum. Yes, his showboating is annoying, but his talent is undeniable and he's inarguably the best shooter of all time, and one of the top all-time players. Nephew doesn't sniff a top 30, tbqh, he doesn't have accolades nor longevity points besides those FMVPs. Lastly, the gap between Curry's defense and KL's defense is much smaller than the gap between the former and latter's defense, and in a primarily offensive-oriented league like the modern NBA, it makes this a non-discussion with an obvious answer.

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 02:28 PM
Another stark difference to me between Kawhi & Curry is the thought that runs through your mind when they make a ridiculous play.

When the former makes a ridiculous play, your first thought would be something like, "Oh ok, he practiced that a lot. He's good."

When the latter makes a ridiculous play, you marvel at it and think to yourself, "How the hell was that even possible? Steph is way too OP".

Arcadian
02-11-2021, 02:36 PM
Would you take Klay Thompson over Steph Curry? Klay is a 2-way player who can shoot equally well but lacks Curry's ball-handling.

By "always" I mean "when comparing players of the same overall caliber."

Klay is not an MVP level player like the other two.

Sugus
02-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Kawhi and is not even close, and having reddit preferring curry is all you need to know to decide who is the best. These people would also choose Magic over Bird, Shaq over Duncan and Lebron over Jordan.

What's with ST's superiority complex and thinking having contrarian opinions validates their own? You're not the first poster I've seen do this... But why would you think other people disagreeing with you makes your own opinion "better"? Makes no sense :lol

Arcadian
02-11-2021, 03:03 PM
What's with ST's superiority complex and thinking having contrarian opinions validates their own? You're not the first poster I've seen do this... But why would you think other people disagreeing with you makes your own opinion "better"? Makes no sense :lol

I think the basic logic is "If person A believes X, and person A is an idiot, then X is probably false."

(Not endorsing this logic, but that's the gist of it)

Dejounte
02-11-2021, 03:16 PM
I think the basic logic is "If person A believes X, and person A is an idiot, then X is probably false."

(Not endorsing this logic, but that's the gist of it)

People don't like to be challenged around here is what I've learned. That's why I try to play the part of being chaotic neutral.

And then you have your 'characters' on this forum, who I'd like to call special. These guys have a strong presence.

Seems the hive mindset is found in any forum. Very few want to think existentially.

Unmoderated forums attract the worst types of people. Those who think they can roam free without any consequence because of the anonymity. They abuse that freedom, and they never grow out of it. It's partly why I think a lot of the obnoxious, vile posters are likely wimps in real life.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2021, 03:36 PM

in this specific case it is because they are wrong, as like most people who talk about something related to Spurs, however spurstalk has some of the worst takes about any team other than Spurs, so whatever

RC_Drunkford
02-11-2021, 04:02 PM
it's the nephew and you all know it. Part of what made the Spurs such a dominant team after Duncan retired, was that nephew was not only unstoppable and super efficient on offense, but was also taking the opponents best player out of the game by defending him. That's 2017 nephew I'm talking about. That Rockets game where he hit the 3 and then blocked Harden on the other end is a perfect example of that. The thing is that he only played like that for 1 season.

KobesAchilles
02-11-2021, 04:08 PM
Yeah I would choose nephew as well. Curry was ridiculous and I'm not taking anything away from him, but I rather have a guy that can go out and get me 25 and guard the best player on the team rather than a guy who can just get me 25. Obviously there's a difference but it was always to me why Duncan won 5 rings compared to Dirk, Malone, or Barkley was that Duncan commanded both offense and defense. Same concept with Kawhi and Curry.

Curry is ridiculous offensively but I feel like a prime Leonard is who I'm gonna go with. Just personal preference.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-11-2021, 04:21 PM
curry is not a great defender but underrated defender (ie better than nash)

also makes teammates better

im going chef

Arcadian
02-11-2021, 05:37 PM
OP, since you didn't make this thread a poll, you're now obligated to manually count the votes and report the results.

alpha_HaZE
02-11-2021, 05:44 PM
I saw this debate on Reddit and was somewhat surprised about the results (40 votes for nephew to 150 votes for Stephen Curry). I was curious what ST thinks.

If the question changes to “Who’s higher all-time?”... does that change your answer?

I got nephew as the better player (disregarding legacies). He’s miles ahead of Curry on defensive while being comparable to Curry on offense. You add those two things up, it’s nephew pretty easily.

Okay, then they say well offense is more important than defense. I’ll agree with that but I’ll still take nephew because he was a Kobe/Jordan clone with more size and strength and a better three point shot. People act like he was a scrub on offense compared to Curry lol.

On paper, your argument makes sense, but in reality, Curry is the better player, for the same reason Timmy is better than Shaq and Kobe, because of the off the court stuff and his ability to elevate his players next to him.

K...
02-11-2021, 05:53 PM
So kawhi won twice and in between Steff had a dynasty. Kawhi has 1 playoff where he struggled against the eastern conference without LeBron. Kawhi has had done downright embarrassing playoffs between those two runs and even took a whole year off. Kawhi is a manufactured star of potential that fell short of potential. The Andy roddick of basketball. People want kawhi to have a better resume then he does and he could, be but you have to dock him for being mentally weak

MultiTroll
02-11-2021, 05:59 PM
On paper, your argument makes sense, but in reality, Curry is the better player, for the same reason Timmy is better than Shaq and Kobe, because of the off the court stuff and his ability to elevate his players next to him.
Are you on crack?

Starting lineup of Pao Gasol, Danny Green, Lamar Softridge and Patty Mills and you think Curry "lifted" his team more? :rollin

Spurs were up by 20 and Kawhi had 26/8/3 in 24 fucking minutes! Not to mention his defense.
No, it wasn't some "one game anomaly" as the Spurs beat the overated phaggots twice in the regular season.

Softridge and company got blown off the court after Kawhi got cheapshot.

DAF86
02-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Nephew at his absolute peak was singlehandedly putting on a beating on Curry, KD, Klay and Dray, untill he got Zaza'd.

TD 21
02-11-2021, 06:21 PM
:lmao Stockholm syndrome Spurs fans at it again.

Leonard run in Toronto was epic. Leonard run before Zaza was probably better up to that point. I don't see Curry leading Toronto like Leonard did. And I would assume if say Leonard and Curry were traded, one for one, Leonard with Klay/Draymond/Durant would be too brutal to deal with. I think the Warriors get better and Toronto perhaps about the same.

Nice story. In reality, he rested 95 games over 2 seasons, tanked his value to such an extent that he unwittingly ended up on what became (post Gasol trade) the most complete team in the league, then beat an ill-fitting (with Embiid ailing) 76ers team by a hair, a neophyte (in terms of championship contention) Bucks team and a decimated Warriors team (that otherwise would have skewered them). Congratulations.

Nephew at his absolute peak was singlehandedly putting on a beating on Curry, KD, Klay and Dray, untill he got Zaza'd.

Nice story. In reality, Aldridge was also beasting and it was less than one game against a rusty team before the gutless worm quit in the WCF due to a sprained ankle.

duncan2k5
02-11-2021, 06:52 PM
So kawhi won twice and in between Steff had a dynasty. Kawhi has 1 playoff where he struggled against the eastern conference without LeBron. Kawhi has had done downright embarrassing playoffs between those two runs and even took a whole year off. Kawhi is a manufactured star of potential that fell short of potential. The Andy roddick of basketball. People want kawhi to have a better resume then he does and he could, be but you have to dock him for being mentally weak

Kawhi struggled against the east? When???? LMFAO! He literally had one of the best runs ever

duncan2k5
02-11-2021, 06:54 PM

Nice story. In reality, he rested 95 games over 2 seasons, tanked his value to such an extent that he unwittingly ended up on what became (post Gasol trade) the most complete team in the league, then beat an ill-fitting (with Embiid ailing) 76ers team by a hair, a neophyte (in terms of championship contention) Bucks team and a decimated Warriors team (that otherwise would have skewered them). Congratulations.

Nice story. In reality, Aldridge was also beasting and it was less than one game against a rusty team before the gutless worm quit in the WCF due to a sprained ankle.

Kawhi would have beat the warriors regardless...he blew them out while HE himself was injured...when he was healthy with us he was singlehandedly destroying them... Aldridge played like ass in that series, what are u talking about?

duncan2k5
02-11-2021, 06:56 PM
Curry is regular season good... But he always choked in the finals when it mattered, which is why he never won mvp... Every ring the warriors won, they faced a team with injuries that would most likely have beaten them otherwise... Even when they had durant

PhantomDashCam
02-11-2021, 07:08 PM
Curry is arguably the greatest PG of all time.

Kawhi is arguably the #3 SF in the game right now and has been (even at his apex) during his time in the league.

I have tremendous respect for both as basketball players, but Curry’s game is transcendent. Let’s not even get into the leadership aspect either. The guy would never quit on his team or hold the FO to ransom.

There is a reason why many feel one ‘broke’ basketball and the other ‘broke’ the Spurs...(and some fans it seems) :lol.

tbdog
02-11-2021, 07:34 PM

Like giving the shooter space to land. Generally all the off ball physicality is a point of interest.

south side spur
02-11-2021, 08:39 PM
He was average at best versus the Clippers in ‘15. Getting ran off the floor by KD and Westbrook in ‘16. Quitting in the Western Conference Finals because of a sprained ankle? One of the all time choke jobs vs Denver? Kawhi knob slobbers are pathetic. I love how every Kawhi apologist leaves out the fact that Toronto was the #1 seed in the East with DeRozan like he was exiled to Siberia.

Rummpd
02-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Curry is arguably the greatest PG of all time.

Kawhi is arguably the #3 SF in the game right now and has been (even at his apex) during his time in the league.

I have tremendous respect for both as basketball players, but Curry’s game is transcendent. Let’s not even get into the leadership aspect either. The guy would never quit on his team or hold the FO to ransom.

There is a reason why many feel one ‘broke’ basketball and the other ‘broke’ the Spurs...(and some fans it seems) :lol.

Curry is NOT even top two PG all time that is Magic and Big O and not even close. Not sure even top 3. Give me nephew any time over Curry who can’t win without Durant or Thompson.

SpursDynasty85
02-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Speaking of Kawhi...

https://twitter.com/ChiTown_Eazy/status/1359708333272350722?s=19

Lmfao

Lol. They both hate each other. Kawhi is better off on a team where he doesn't have to be the vocal leader. For the Raptors he was just riding out his 1 year contract and Nick Nurse coached that talented team to a SHIP.

SpursDynasty85
02-11-2021, 10:14 PM
Curry is NOT even top two PG all time that is Magic and Big O and not even close. Not sure even top 3. Give me nephew any time over Curry who can’t win without Durant or Thompson.

LOL and where would nephew rank among Big O and Magic? Weird argument to make. Curry won without Durant. Would've won back to back if it wasn't for their dominant start and insisting on beating the 72 win record. Curry easily beats Kawhi in his prime. Not even close.

Kawhi hasn't done much (wish we would've seen what happened if Zaza did not injure him). Kawhi winning in Raptors were because of all the GS injuries and the Raptors were pretty stacked for an East team. Otherwise Kawhi never won without Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker either.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-11-2021, 10:56 PM
Like giving the shooter space to land. Generally all the off ball physicality is a point of interest.

that rule made for kawhi lol

DAF86
02-12-2021, 02:28 AM

If Aldridge was beasting so much, why couldn't he keep a 20+ lead in a quarter and change?

ambchang
02-12-2021, 06:40 AM
People treat like nephew was dominating playoffs and the only example they could come up with to support that argument was half a game.

tbdog
02-12-2021, 08:30 AM
that rule made for kawhi lol

Giving a T was for Leonard. But undercutting came into effect before then.

D-Robinson 50 fan
02-12-2021, 11:21 AM
Kawhi and it ain’t close.

Curry is an all time great (best shooter ever) and inspired this ugly brand of chucking 3’s basketball but Peak Kawhi effects the game in more ways than Curry. Steph is a killer on offense but you have to hide him on defense. Peak Kawhi effects both sides of the ball hugely!

Peak Kawhi had players afraid to bring the ball up the court against him while also dropping an efficient 30 on their head.

MultiTroll
02-12-2021, 11:42 AM
People treat like nephew was dominating playoffs and the only example they could come up with to support that argument was half a game.
:lol Fine how about the entire 2017 playoffs, the two series prior to the Golden Phaggots?

itzsoweezee
02-12-2021, 12:09 PM
Peak Curry and it’s not even close. Dude completely changed the game. Kawhi was pippin-like. Ok but no defense was stopping Curry. Teams were just hoping he misses

MultiTroll
02-12-2021, 12:20 PM
Peak Curry and it’s not even close. Dude completely changed the game. Kawhi was pippin-like. Ok but no defense was stopping Curry. Teams were just hoping he misses
Clevelands All Pro D must have done it, huh? Toronto too?
Before that he was something like 28% and down 3-1 vs OKC before his butt buddy Durant took over and threw the series, knowing he was coming to Golden State.

SpursDynasty85
02-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Clevelands All Pro D must have done it, huh? Toronto too?
Before that he was something like 28% and down 3-1 vs OKC before his butt buddy Durant took over and threw the series, knowing he was coming to Golden State.

Terribly lopsided arguments. Curry swept Cleveland the year before. He then accomplished the near impossible by winning 73 games in a stacked Western conference even without Durant. Exhaustion and injuries lead to losing to a very talented Cleveland team. And then proceeded to win 2 more titles with Durant and lose the third again because of injuries. Curry is a beast and is still beasting and better than current Kawhi.

TD 21
02-12-2021, 04:09 PM
If Aldridge was beasting so much, why couldn't he keep a 20+ lead in a quarter and change?

It was a perfect storm. Scumbag reinjuring his ankle (they probably suspected in the moment that it was for the series) and the Warriors naturally regaining their rhythm and increasing their intensity and urgency, led to a predictable collapse.

It wasn't his fault that they could double him with impunity because the team lacked another go-to player and 3-point shooting.

Collins21
02-12-2021, 06:00 PM
It was a perfect storm. Scumbag reinjuring his ankle (they probably suspected in the moment that it was for the series) and the Warriors naturally regaining their rhythm and increasing their intensity and urgency, led to a predictable collapse.

It wasn't his fault that they could double him with impunity because the team lacked another go-to player and 3-point shooting.

This is correct a lot of dumb ass people on this board act like they don't actually watch the games. Aldridge got doubled and tripled teamed after Kawhi went down. Kyle Anderson Jonathan Simmons and an old Manu weren't going to stop them from coming back.

NickiRasgo
02-12-2021, 09:02 PM
Kawhi's peak is more on offensive-end. I'll take Curry.

DAF86
02-12-2021, 09:37 PM

If Aldridge would have been the one to go down, Kawhi would have taken us home that night.

02-12-2021, 10:06 PM
Prime Kawhi choked in the playoffs 2015 and 2016, then got injured and quit in 17 and 18. Finally put it together in 2019, but choked again in 2020.

His prime has been as sporadic as his uncle's mood swings.

Curry has been Curry since 2013. I'll take consistency.

duncan2k5
02-12-2021, 11:01 PM
LOL and where would nephew rank among Big O and Magic? Weird argument to make. Curry won without Durant. Would've won back to back if it wasn't for their dominant start and insisting on beating the 72 win record. Curry easily beats Kawhi in his prime. Not even close.

Kawhi hasn't done much (wish we would've seen what happened if Zaza did not injure him). Kawhi winning in Raptors were because of all the GS injuries and the Raptors were pretty stacked for an East team. Otherwise Kawhi never won without Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker either.

If u watch and understand basketball, raptors would have beat that team if they were healthy...the warriors are susceptible to big teams...keep in mind raps dominated and Kawhi was limping since the 6ers series...OG didn't play the entire playoffs...and Golden state faced teams with injuries every single chip they won, but no one holds it against them...y hold it against the raps?

KimmyGib
02-12-2021, 11:04 PM
When was Kawhi's peak, anyway? 2017? The year he played great but wasn't really tested in the playoffs? That first half of the WCF was impressive and all, but it was still just one half of one game. We'll never know how that series would've played out.

Curry is actually a good defender in his own right, something he doesn't get much credit for due to his build and athletic ability. His anticipation is beyond excellent, great hands, always in the right place...

duncan2k5
02-12-2021, 11:07 PM
He was average at best versus the Clippers in ‘15. Getting ran off the floor by KD and Westbrook in ‘16. Quitting in the Western Conference Finals because of a sprained ankle? One of the all time choke jobs vs Denver? Kawhi knob slobbers are pathetic. I love how every Kawhi apologist leaves out the fact that Toronto was the #1 seed in the East with DeRozan like he was exiled to Siberia.

I love revisionist history

1. We list to the clippers because we couldn't defend the lick and roll...we had cp3 and blake griffin looking like stockton and malone the entire series...Kawhi wasn't a superstar at that point

2. We lost to the thunder because we couldn't rebound...they DESTROYED us on the boards and we kept playing david west and LMA together even tho they were getting bodied in the paint by Adams and Ibaka

3. No one in the NBA took Toronto seriously... Matter of fact, go back to the trade thread... Spurs fans were laughing their ass off at Kawhi when he was sent to the raptors... Some even called it a wasted year... Stop acting like it was the equivalent of sending him to the warriors... Absolutely no one thought he could turn that team around... They were the laughing stock of the east u til he got there

duncan2k5
02-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Terribly lopsided arguments. Curry swept Cleveland the year before. He then accomplished the near impossible by winning 73 games in a stacked Western conference even without Durant. Exhaustion and injuries lead to losing to a very talented Cleveland team. And then proceeded to win 2 more titles with Durant and lose the third again because of injuries. Curry is a beast and is still beasting and better than current Kawhi.

This is the problem...a lot of ppl on here commenting that don't know shit about basketball...Curry NEVER swept the Cavs before durant...in 16 they got taken to 6, and they lost in 17

ambchang
02-12-2021, 11:23 PM
:lol Fine how about the entire 2017 playoffs, the two series prior to the Golden Phaggots?

How did that dominant run ended?

He shat the bed royal the previous two playoffs.

And the raptors run is one of the most overrated runs ever. The best opponent he went against was the bucks which couldn’t even make the finals the same year the heat led by jimmy butler did.

south side spur
02-13-2021, 12:05 AM
I love revisionist history

1. We list to the clippers because we couldn't defend the lick and roll...we had cp3 and blake griffin looking like stockton and malone the entire series...Kawhi wasn't a superstar at that point

2. We lost to the thunder because we couldn't rebound...they DESTROYED us on the boards and we kept playing david west and LMA together even tho they were getting bodied in the paint by Adams and Ibaka

3. No one in the NBA took Toronto seriously... Matter of fact, go back to the trade thread... Spurs fans were laughing their ass off at Kawhi when he was sent to the raptors... Some even called it a wasted year... Stop acting like it was the equivalent of sending him to the warriors... Absolutely no one thought he could turn that team around... They were the laughing stock of the east u til he got there

Why would I take anything you reply seriously? You were on this board whining about that loser Jonathan Simmons’. playing time. What a joke. He was out of the league in less than 2 years. Then you want to talk about revisionist history leaving out the choke job last season and how he quit in ‘17 because of a sprained ankle. Why don’t you mention him vs OKC in ‘16? Deflecting because your hero got outclassed.

RD2191
02-13-2021, 12:17 AM
Kawhi is still just 29, he's still in his peak imo. And for all the Kawhi haters, he's the one that made the Spurs relevant again in the 2010's. Tim and company were losing to 8 seeds as 1 seeds before he got here.

RD2191
02-13-2021, 12:19 AM
And tbh while we may never get the full story something seriously must've gone horribly wrong with PATFO for Kawhi to dip the way he did. I mean wasn't he buying a house for his mother in SA before shit went down? That doesn't sound like someone who was dying to get away from the Spurs.

Ice009
02-13-2021, 12:27 AM
And tbh while we may never get the full story something seriously must've gone horribly wrong with PATFO for Kawhi to dip the way he did. I mean wasn't he buying a house for his mother in SA before shit went down? That doesn't sound like someone who was dying to get away from the Spurs.

That's actually pretty interesting to think about right now. Yeah, he bought/built his mother a house there, and as far I recall, she lived in San Antonio during the 2019 season. I wonder if he's still there now? Anyone know?

I wonder if he had no intention of leaving until something happened between the two sides, or if his mother liked living in San Antonio and wanted to stay (I guess it depends if he's still living in SA now?) regardless of whether or not Kawhi moved to another team?

RD2191
02-13-2021, 12:44 AM
That's actually pretty interesting to think about right now. Yeah, he bought/built his mother a house there, and as far I recall, she lived in San Antonio during the 2019 season. I wonder if he's still there now? Anyone know?

I wonder if he had no intention of leaving until something happened between the two sides, or if his mother liked living in San Antonio and wanted to stay (I guess it depends if he's still living in SA now?) regardless of whether or not Kawhi moved to another team?
i don't know tbh. After looking online all I can find is one article citing an online forum (Spurs Talk?) as a source for Kawhi building a house in SA, so maybe it was just a rumor. As for something happening between Kawhi and the Spurs, TIMVP has stated that he believes both sides were at fault. Although I'm not sure if he still stands by those statements or if something has changed.

Ice009
02-13-2021, 09:12 AM
i don't know tbh. After looking online all I can find is one article citing an online forum (Spurs Talk?) as a source for Kawhi building a house in SA, so maybe it was just a rumor. As for something happening between Kawhi and the Spurs, TIMVP has stated that he believes both sides were at fault. Although I'm not sure if he still stands by those statements or if something has changed.

His mom was definitely here in 2018 because I remember when the Raptors came to play in San Antonio, she went to the game to watch Kawhi and ended up getting into it with Spurs fans. I wonder if that experience was enough to make her move/leave San Antonio.

SpursDynasty85
02-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Kawhi is still just 29, he's still in his peak imo. And for all the Kawhi haters, he's the one that made the Spurs relevant again in the 2010's. Tim and company were losing to 8 seeds as 1 seeds before he got here.

tiago, Boris, Marco, Patty, Danny green didn’t help?

RD2191
02-13-2021, 11:42 AM
tiago, Boris, Marco, Patty, Danny green didn’t help?
Sure, but we don't ring without Kawhi.

TD 21
02-13-2021, 04:08 PM
If Aldridge would have been the one to go down, Kawhi would have taken us home that night.

I know you despise bigs and love slurping Scumbag, but :lmao.

SpursDynasty85
02-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Sure, but we don't ring without Kawhi.

we don’t ring without a lot of guys. 2012-2014 was a culmination and foundation of the Big 3 turning into the “beautiful game”. Kawhi had his moments afterwards but ultimately was not good enough for a championship. Well we will never know because of Zaza.

KimmyGib
02-13-2021, 05:58 PM
No 2014 ring without any one of duncan, manu, kawhi, boris, splitter, green. Hell, manu, boris and TD were as much MVP's as Kawhi that post season. #2 was indeed a great contributor but not the primary reason for the team's resurgence.

MultiTroll
02-13-2021, 07:30 PM

Because passing out of a double and triple team was so hard for Lamar.
His turns were pathetic.
To try to color this as all Golden Phaggots has no credit.

TD 21
02-13-2021, 07:55 PM
Because passing out of a double and triple team was so hard for Lamar.
His turns were pathetic.
To try to color this as all Golden Phaggots has no credit.

I said it was a perfect storm. He wasn't blameless, but pretending it primarily fell on him is as ridiculous as inferring Scumbag was singlehandedly leading the charge.

Nothing new on this board though, where the one star who picked them and stayed (I know it wasn't for altruistic basketball reasons, but still) is loathed and the puke who set the franchis back years with his antics is praised.

Rosewood
02-14-2021, 12:25 AM
I'd take nephew without a second thought tbh. I don't even see how this is a question. Dude is a much better basketball player. Just IMO though.

ElNono
02-14-2021, 02:06 AM
Nephew doesn't make anybody better, that's probably the biggest knock... on the other hand, Curry made average to poor talent like Draymond Green or Harrison Barnes look like All-Stars, tbh

Rummpd
02-14-2021, 08:29 AM
A team of 5 Nephews beats easily a team of 5 no defense Curry's. Curry also deferred to Durant so who would lead the Curry team?

DAF86
02-14-2021, 11:25 AM
I know you despise bigs and love slurping Scumbag, but :lmao.

Do you have an actual argument or are you just going to surrender behind a smiley?

TD 21
02-14-2021, 11:33 AM
Do you have an actual argument or are you just going to surrender behind a smiley?

It's so ignorant, it's not even worth dignifying by expounding.

What was your argument, a statement? :lmao

DAF86
02-14-2021, 12:15 PM
It's so ignorant, it's not even worth dignifying by expounding.

What was your argument, a statement? :lmao

What's ignorant? Believing Kawhi wouldn't have wasted an almost 30 pts lead with little more than a quarter to go?

Collins21
02-14-2021, 01:01 PM
Actually he did. They were by like 25 against the Warriors without Durant that March and Kawhi couldn't do shit to stop the Warriors from coming back and beating them by double digits. Some of yall really make me question if you watch the games. Not to mention Kawhi has always shriveled up against KD in the playoffs. The year before against OKC people blame the coaching but where was Kawhi to negate KD in game 4 after having a double digit lead?

TD 21
02-14-2021, 03:57 PM
What's ignorant? Believing Kawhi wouldn't have wasted an almost 30 pts lead with little more than a quarter to go?

That inandofitself and passing the belief off as fact. Anyone who's followed the NBA for more than five minutes, particularly in this era, has seen virtually everyone be involved in massive blown leads/comebacks, in all forms and fashion.

The notion that he'd have been above it (when he's played a prominent part in numerous meltdowns throughout his career), is asinine.

DAF86
02-14-2021, 06:52 PM
Actually he did. They were by like 25 against the Warriors without Durant that March and Kawhi couldn't do shit to stop the Warriors from coming back and beating them by double digits. Some of yall really make me question if you watch the games. Not to mention Kawhi has always shriveled up against KD in the playoffs. The year before against OKC people blame the coaching but where was Kawhi to negate KD in game 4 after having a double digit lead?

Kawhi wasn't playing as good on that game though.

DAF86
02-14-2021, 06:58 PM
That inandofitself and passing the belief off as fact. Anyone who's followed the NBA for more than five minutes, particularly in this era, has seen virtually everyone be involved in massive blown leads/comebacks, in all forms and fashion.

The notion that he'd have been above it (when he's played a prominent part in numerous meltdowns throughout his career), is asinine.

Kawhi was in the zone on that game. He wasn't losing on that particular night. Anyways, believe as you want. After Kawhi left, you suddenly started to act as if he was a glorified Bruce Bowen. :lol

TD 21
02-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Kawhi was in the zone on that game. He wasn't losing on that particular night. Anyways, believe as you want. After Kawhi left, you suddenly started to act as if he was a glorified Bruce Bowen. :lol

So was Aldridge. That doesn't guarantee anything though.

Scumbag was a souped up Bowen until '15 and I was never a fan of his robotic, low IQ style of play. The truth beats spouting results without context and pretending he's above reproach because of his tainted championship.

Collins21
02-14-2021, 07:10 PM

Scumbag was a souped up Bowen until '15 and I was never a fan of his robotic, low IQ style of play. The truth beats spouting results without context and pretending he's above reproach because of his tainted championship.

Exactly if you replace Kawhi with Paul George or Kevin Durant and they win the championship in back to back years.

DAF86
02-14-2021, 07:38 PM

Aldridge isn't half the player Kawhi is.

DAF86
02-14-2021, 07:39 PM
Exactly if you replace Kawhi with Paul George or Kevin Durant and they win the championship in back to back years.

Putting Paul George in the same level as Kawhi and Durant. :lol

Collins21
02-14-2021, 07:41 PM
Putting Paul George in the same level as Kawhi and Durant. :lol

Are you implying that 12/13 13/14 Kawhi was a better player than Paul George?

K...
02-14-2021, 07:47 PM

peak to peak? about equal, aldridge in the east conf against the warriors cripple run? probably the same. Aldridge was very good and just needed elite shooters. Ball hog iso klaw supressed his value. He took a team with fathead as a starter to the playoffs which is equal to a championship

J_Paco
02-14-2021, 10:02 PM
This thread is beyond stupid, TBH.

Anyone arguing that peak Kawhi is better than peak Stephen Curry needs to have their medication checked or question their understanding of NBA basketball.

Steph literally broke the NBA a few years ago and has helped (for better or worse) to fundamentally alter how the game is played.

He is the greatest PG of his (deep) era, the greatest shooter ever and is still match up nightmare even on a depleted Warriors team.

Kawhi is the third best SF of that same era. Enough said....

kht
02-15-2021, 10:20 AM

Anyone arguing that peak Kawhi is better than peak Stephen Curry needs to have their medication checked or question their understanding of NBA basketball.

Steph literally broke the NBA a few years ago and has helped (for better or worse) to fundamentally alter how the game is played.

He is the greatest PG of his (deep) era, the greatest shooter ever and is still match up nightmare even on a depleted Warriors team.

This argument isn't logically consistent. Curry is the best PG of this generation... because there's no Lebron or KD playing point guard. You can't knock nephew for that and for "only being the 3rd best" at his position.

RD2191
02-15-2021, 10:51 AM

:lolterrible take

K...
02-15-2021, 02:05 PM
People tend to assume that since Kawhi started as a 3 and D player, he retained those skills into his TOSB KOBE stage. He wasn't a big defense guy with the raptors, He hit big shots, but that's curry's specialty while also running an offense. A godly shooting confident efficient ball handler? That's value you can build a team around. A ball dominant prima donna who once in the past was a premier bruce bowen? ok, that's something that's not as great. The raptors run was great for KL but was a pretty weak run.

again the actual kawhi is a underachieving little shit. The fantasy Leonard who is the strong silent type we hoped doesn't exist. It's the "i must have a separate limo" Kawhi for a long time. Some of you bought into the hype, but it's clear Kawhi stopped wanting to be the best at a point in the past and will settle into a rich man's Kobe

TD 21
02-15-2021, 04:39 PM

That obviously has no relevance to this discussion.

J_Paco
02-15-2021, 10:41 PM
This argument isn't logically consistent. Curry is the best PG of this generation... because there's no Lebron or KD playing point guard. You can't knock nephew for that and for "only being the 3rd best" at his position.

Um, Chris Paul, Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Tony Parker, and a plethora of other quality PG's played at the same time as Curry.

He's also, arguably, a top 10 - 15 all time great and possibly the 2nd greatest PG ever behind Magic Johnson.

Kawhi isn't even in that discussion and nowhere near the greatest SF ever.

His slurpers that still reside here and angsty fans that still pine for his presence are the only ones that think he's better than peak Curry.

J_Paco
02-15-2021, 10:46 PM
:lolterrible take

You're an idiot with no valid argument.

Did Leonard completely alter the way the game is played at his peak? Did he have one of the most dominant MVP seasons ever?

Did he have people referring to him as a "cheat code" and past legends complaining about how they "could stopped him?"

MultiTroll
02-16-2021, 01:53 AM
Injuries.
Several of you Curry Slurpers have attempted to invoke this.

In Game 1 of the 2015 NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors, Kyrie Irving suffered a season-ending left kneecap fracture after he collided with Klay Thompson.

That was merely to get us started. Curry has had the most injury luck vs playoff opponents in recent history.

DAF86
02-16-2021, 06:14 PM
That obviously has no relevance to this discussion.

It is. Kawhi being the much better player helps support the idea that Kawhi would have mantained the lead that Aldridge wasn't able to hold.

TD 21
02-16-2021, 06:40 PM
It is. Kawhi being the much better player helps support the idea that Kawhi would have mantained the lead that Aldridge wasn't able to hold.

DAF86
02-16-2021, 07:32 PM
Again. Not that particular night.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-17-2021, 05:51 AM
Kawhi won a championship in 2014 as a role player surrounded by a motivated trio of hall of famers and a superior supporting cast. With Toronto he beat a Warrior team missing two of their top three stars. Was that the year we saw prime Kawhi? Or, if his prime year was the year he was ZaZa’d, then that’s an Inc. in my opinion. I’m not convinced the Spurs win that series merely based on three quarters of game 1. In some ways that injury helped cement Kawhi’s legacy because he never had to prove himself. Two and a half quarters of basketball apparently were enough in that series.

He’s a guy who has to be babied and coddled and allowed to miss a third of the regular season since his rise in status to “superstar” level. Denver, of all teams, punked Kawhi’s super team out of the gym last year: Shouldn’t “prime” Kawhi be playing right now?? Is he now past his prime? The guy’s not even 30. Two years ago people put him in the conversation with Lebron and now he doesn’t even stack up very favorably to Curry.

Kawhi has been blessed by being drafted by the Spurs and then getting that fortunate run with Toronto. He’s lacking in so many intangibles that make a good player great. Kawhi was very good, but only a fool would build their team around Kawhi at this point.

His degenerative body let him down. He could be in Blake Griffin mode within a couple of years. I honestly don’t know that there’s a prime Kawhi to compare to.

RD2191
02-17-2021, 10:16 AM
Kawhi won a championship in 2014 as a role player surrounded by a motivated trio of hall of famers and a superior supporting cast. With Toronto he beat a Warrior team missing two of their top three stars. Was that the year we saw prime Kawhi? Or, if his prime year was the year he was ZaZa’d, then that’s an Inc. in my opinion. I’m not convinced the Spurs win that series merely based on three quarters of game 1. In some ways that injury helped cement Kawhi’s legacy because he never had to prove himself. Two and a half quarters of basketball apparently were enough in that series.

He’s a guy who has to be babied and coddled and allowed to miss a third of the regular season since his rise in status to “superstar” level. Denver, of all teams, punked Kawhi’s super team out of the gym last year: Shouldn’t “prime” Kawhi be playing right now?? Is he now past his prime? The guy’s not even 30. Two years ago people put him in the conversation with Lebron and now he doesn’t even stack up very favorably to Curry.

Kawhi has been blessed by being drafted by the Spurs and then getting that fortunate run with Toronto. He’s lacking in so many intangibles that make a good player great. Kawhi was very good, but only a fool would build their team around Kawhi at this point.

His degenerative body let him down. He could be in Blake Griffin mode within a couple of years. I honestly don’t know that there’s a prime Kawhi to compare to.
:lol You should work for ESPN with such garbage takes.

Kurgan
02-17-2021, 10:33 AM
Kawhi's 2014 title shouldn't really count towards him as that was a team effort with players like TD, Manu, and Diaw all pooling their efforts to avenge the loss from the year before.

Same goes for Curry's two titles with Durant. Playing next to prime KD is just cheating.

If you want to compare them, it would have to be Curry's 2015 title vs Kawhi's Raptors title.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-17-2021, 11:37 AM
:lol You should work for ESPN with such garbage takes.

Whatevs.

He's never been the true leader of any championship team. Even in Toronto, Kyle Lowery was the locker room and floor leader for the Raptors, and there was a long list of Spurs' leaders over Kawhi in 2014. When the mantle of "best player" was passed to Kawhi in 2015 his balls shriveled up against Matt Barnes. 2016, nope. 2017 hurt. 2018 injured vagina. 2019 Raptors. 2020 Nuggets choke. Team stats leader, sure. Team leader, never.

I guess his prime season was 2019, a year in which he missed a third of the regular season to "load manage" and his team had a better record in the games he missed than in those he played.

He may never win a championship as the best player on a team again unless he manages a super-team arrangement like Lebron had in Miami. He might be as close as he'll ever get to that in LA right now. He's got his hand-picked running mate in PG, the sixth man of the year, and center in Ibaka whose skillset rivals that of what Lebron had in Miami with Chris Bosh. Hard to be on a more stacked team than he's currently got.

Sugus
02-17-2021, 11:53 AM
Whatevs.

He's never been the true leader of any championship team. Even in Toronto, Kyle Lowery was the locker room and floor leader for the Raptors, and there was a long list of Spurs' leaders over Kawhi in 2014. When the mantle of "best player" was passed to Kawhi in 2015 his balls shriveled up against Matt Barnes. 2016, nope. 2017 hurt. 2018 injured vagina. 2019 Raptors. 2020 Nuggets choke. Team stats leader, sure. Team leader, never.

I guess his prime season was 2019, a year in which he missed a third of the regular season to "load manage" and his team had a better record in the games he missed than in those he played.

He may never win a championship as the best player on a team again unless he manages a super-team arrangement like Lebron had in Miami. He might be as close as he'll ever get to that in LA right now. He's got his hand-picked running mate in PG, the sixth man of the year, and center in Ibaka whose skillset rivals that of what Lebron had in Miami with Chris Bosh. Hard to be on a more stacked team than he's currently got.

Don't mind RD's comment, my guy. Notice how there's no substance behind it, no rebuttal, no counter-argument. Just plain old ST baseless dismissal and contrarianism just for the sake of being contrarian. What you write on KL is spot on. I also haven't seen any of his defenders (mostly deluded Spurs homers with Stockholm syndrome over a guy who shat over the entire franchise) even talk about his ridiculously short prime/productive years. He already looks to be past his peak athletically, was a late-bloomer (especially to reach stardom status), and can't even get through a single regular season without heavy load-management, the kind that any other star player would be crucified over.

Meanwhile, Curry's still tearing the league apart, at 32, even after the NBA had supposedly "caught up" to him and his style of play, averaging over 30ppg whilst bending every top-level defense he encounters, which are still tasked first and foremost to stop only him. Had Klay not gotten injured, Steph would be leading the Warriors to yet another Finals appearance, this stupid thread probably wouldn't have gotten made, and Nephew would still be trying to get to the WCF on that sorry-ass franchise with a top level bum sidekick in PG. Funny how no comments also mention his absolutely historic chokejob last season against a trying Nuggets team...

Rummpd
02-17-2021, 12:08 PM
Stephen Curry is a soft stats king who has proven cannot lead without a stacked team and was not even ever the best player on most of his championship teams. I don’t like Nephew but again a team of him destroys Team Curry.

Rummpd
02-17-2021, 12:08 PM
Stephen Curry is a soft stats king who has proven cannot lead without a stacked team and was not even ever the best player on most of his championship teams. I don’t like Nephew but again a team of him destroys Team Curry.

Sugus
02-17-2021, 12:12 PM

Yeah, he really is, that's why he couldn't win a ring until KD showed u- wait, what?! You mean they had already won a championship before '16?!? Nah, no way.

Btw, do tell me which teams Nephew led which weren't "stacked" as well. '14 Spurs were one of the best championship teams of all time, and '19 Toronto had a great supporting cast, as has been previously discussed. Once he gets to LA, with "only" 5 time All-NBA Paul George as his sidekick, he has a protagonist role in one of the worst choke jobs in NBA history. My, what glaring proof that he can win it all in the face of adversity! :lmao

MultiTroll
02-17-2021, 12:57 PM
^ :lol
You and Tricycle Jones have tried to spin what a great team Toronto had.
Check their record before and after Nephew.

And don't get me wrong, loved that Toronto supporting cast. Wish he would have stayed for the Repeat attempt.

Playoff P you lose all credibility.

Sugus
02-17-2021, 03:23 PM

And don't get me wrong, loved that Toronto supporting cast. Wish he would have stayed for the Repeat attempt.

I wouldn't say Toronto's was an all-time great team, or close, but it was a really good, deep team, and most importantly - was built to the strengths of Nephew and, prior to the DD-KL trade, was simply missing a main scoring, go-to guy in the clutch, who DeRozan obviously couldn't be. To the effects of the comparison, acting like it was a "weak team" that Kawhi had to carry or something (when he missed maybe the most amount of non-injury related RS games in history before a championship to sit out, and his team had a great win record without him), is asinine and disingenuous. Toronto had an excellent, top-of-the-league defense, with versatile big men in Ibaka and Gasol, great wing defense with Siakam, OG, Green, and of course Nephew, and also a great PG vet and team leader in Lowry. Do tell me how that's a bad team, or how Curry in 2015 had such a hugely better team, though..... Not to mention they only won with major injuries to GS. But that's not even relevant to the discussion.

And do expand on the Playoff P thing, though, why'd I lose credibility? :lol. KL literally had his pick of a superstar sidekick, and forced his way into exactly the situation he wanted, exactly the team he wanted, top-to-bottom, only to historically choke on (almost) the biggest stage once the lights shone brightest. 0 points in the 4th quarter of Game 7 kinda choke, mind you, which I also haven't seen mentioned in the thread so far (conveniently...). And against a Denver team that really wasn't that good, and this year continues to prove that they're a piece away from true contention at the least. Not a team with an all-time player putting up all-time performances (because I know the debate won't be over until Curry's '16 choke is brought up...).

Any way you slice it up, though, there's no credible argument for peak Nephew over peak Curry. Basketball, especially the modern NBA, weights offense above defense, and the difference between both players at this aspect of the game is so large that it's not even funny.

JamStone
02-17-2021, 04:44 PM
Actually think it’s close and the answer depends on what you’re asking.

If you’re asking who you take as your franchise player to carry you through the season, I take Steph and not think twice about it. And part of that is because I don’t believe Kawhi wants to be that guy. A guy who has to play 75+ games a season, night in and night out, and have that responsibility to be THE guy for 6 straight months, and then for a post season run.

If you’re asking who you take to carry you through a post season, I’d take Kawhi, but it’s closer than answering the first question. But I would would trust a peak, healthy Kawhi to take on the responsibility of being THE guy for a playoff run because of what he offers at both ends of the court.

In any given game, regular season or post season, who do I want with the ball in his hands to win or lose the game, I take Steph even with his less than stellar Finals performance record. He did break the NBA. He did change the way the game is played. And when he’s on, he’s still about as indefensible a player as there is in the league. And when he’s on, defenses have to over help on him more than any other player in the league, including LeBron, KD, Harden, or Giannis because the help has to start shading around halfcourt. Only Dame has a similar influence on how defenses react to one player at the end of a close game.

I do believe it’s close. And Steph is not perfect. He’s flawed just like any player. But peak Steph broke basketball. NBA Jam “en fuego” doesn’t even do him justice.

TD 21
02-17-2021, 04:53 PM

Their record before and after was among the best in the league. They obviously weren't winning a (tainted) championship without that miracle "trade" falling into their lap and the Warriors myriad injuries, but between said "trade" and the Gasol one, they had the most complete team in the league.

They also had unmatched urgency. Veterans of good teams like Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka, knew it was their best shot and that they'd only have one with him and needed to capitalize on the breaks, like the relatively easy path.

The casual/fan boy narrative of them is off base because it occured in a non glamour market basketball wise and those types don't realize how impactful a player Lowry is (longtime top 15 impact in regular season).

GreekSpursfan
02-17-2021, 05:17 PM
You always take a two-way wing over everyone else but if you want box office and people other than your fan base filling the rest of the remaining empty seats you take Steph easily. I prefer watching Steph tbh.

J_Paco
02-17-2021, 05:29 PM
You always take a two-way wing over everyone else but if you want box office and people other than your fan base filling the rest of the remaining empty seats you take Steph easily. I prefer watching Steph tbh.

No, you take a two - way big over everyone else. Neither of these guys is that & Nephew's defensive impact has stalled (or decreased) as he's become an elite scorer.

Curry literally broke the NBA & was the ONLY unanimous MVP in league history, yet a guy who never reached those heights can claim his (short) peak was better? Talk about a dumb argument and I dislike Curry but respect his game and greatness.....

The league has literally altered the rules to lessen that type of players impact, but guys like Embiid & Jokic would be perennial MVP's if the game was officiated (and rules made) evenly.

Note: I don't mean to sound attacking towards your opinion & I think we're on the same boat. Just disagree with your first sentence and used that as springboard into my bigger point.

RD2191
02-17-2021, 05:29 PM
Curry has 1 ring without KD, revisionists faggots in here. :lol He'd be 1 and done if Green hadn't blown KD to join the Dubs. Kawhi has never played with a player of KD's caliber. (Tim is the GOAT but was way past his prime.) Kawhi is only 29 and already has 2 titles, still has a long way to go before his career is over. Oh and I forgot about Kawhi's 2 Finals MVP's and DPOY. It isn't even a contest at this point. :lol

J_Paco
02-17-2021, 05:35 PM
Curry has 1 ring without KD, revisionists faggots in here. :lol He'd be 1 and done if Green hadn't blown KD to join the Dubs. Kawhi has never played with a player of KD's caliber. (Tim is the GOAT but was way past his prime.) Kawhi is only 29 and already has 2 titles, still has a long way to go before his career is over. Oh and I forgot about Kawhi's 2 Finals MVP's and DPOY. It isn't even a contest at this point. :lol

A title is a title, idiot. Does Dirk and KG only having one mean they weren't great?

Curry has three titles to your boyfriend's two and that's all that the record books show.

Your argument is stupid and Curry's peak was historical, league shattering and groundbreaking. Nephew never, ever reached those heights and likely never will.

Go back to fapping to that Leonard poster on your wall......

Yes, because two Finals MVP's & one DPOY award is more significant to back - to - back MVP's and the Only unanimous MVP in league history....

RD2191
02-17-2021, 05:39 PM
A title is a title, idiot. Does Dirk and KG only having one mean they weren't great?

Curry has three titles to your boyfriend's two and that's all that the record books show.

Your argument is stupid and Curry's peak was historical, league shattering and groundbreaking. Nephew never, ever reached those heights and likely never will.

Yes, because two Finals MVP's & one DPOY award is more significant to back - to - back MVP's and the Only unanimous MVP in league history....
Is Kawhi 29 yes or no? Does Kawhi have 2 titles without a superstar playing alongside him? Yes or no?

RD2191
02-17-2021, 05:40 PM

Regular season accolades. :lol

RD2191
02-17-2021, 05:43 PM
Historical player carrying his team to an 8 seed currently. :lol

TD 21
02-17-2021, 05:44 PM
Context: Scumbag was traded into a dynasty (the last one) in progress and was still a mere role player in '14; the Warriors didn't face a single elite team in '15 due to historical opponent injury luck and '17-'19 are disgraceful, tainted titles.

south side spur
02-17-2021, 05:50 PM

Toronto Before Kawhi 2017-18 59 wins
With Kawhi 2018-19 58 wins
After Kawhi 2019-20 53 wins

RD2191
02-17-2021, 05:53 PM
Context: Scumbag was traded into a dynasty (the last one) in progress and was still a mere role player in '14; the Warriors didn't face a single elite team in '15 due to historical opponent injury luck and '17-'19 are disgraceful, tainted titles.
Excuses :lol

MultiTroll
02-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Curry literally broke the NBA & was the ONLY unanimous MVP in league history,
What do you mean Curry "broke" the NBA? Is this like Kwamye Kardashian claiming Kim "broke" the internet?
If you're talking about casual phan being swayed by ABC / Disney / NBA entertainment corporation, well okay.

"ONLY Unanimous MVP"? :rollin
Do you realize who the faggots that vote for these awards are? Shaq was easily the MVP in 2000. This is a group that votes for Kirby Bryant as DPOY. Or an All Star member after he played 6 games for the tanking Lakers. Tim Duncan never won a DPOY award.
It's rigged, son.

DMC
02-17-2021, 07:27 PM
What do you mean Curry "broke" the NBA? Is this like Kwamye Kardashian claiming Kim "broke" the internet?
If you're talking about casual phan being swayed by ABC / Disney / NBA entertainment corporation, well okay.

Do you realize who the faggots that vote for these awards are? Shaq was easily the MVP in 2000. This is a group that votes for Kirby Bryant as DPOY. Or an All Star member after he played 6 games for the tanking Lakers. Tim Duncan never won a DPOY award.
It's rigged, son.

Curry changed how teams play in the NBA. Prior to his antics you didn't see 60 3's a game.

Sugus
02-17-2021, 07:54 PM

Is there anything other than the classic "if my aunt had balls..." that you can bring to this discussion? Seriously asking :lol

Curry has 3 rings, Nephew has 2, both of them had incredible injury luck go their way to get (some of) them, it's a moot point. Hilarious that you say "Kawhi is only 29 and already has 3 titles" as if Curry wasn't still also playing, and playing far better than Nephew is at the moment :lmao you really went off the rocker there...

:lmao :lmao :lmao criticizing Curry's "regular season accolades" whilst simultaneously praising Nephew for his DPOY, a regular season accolade :lmao :lmao

It's alright, you can outright say you're a Kawhi slurper and biased in this discussion. I'd much rather have opinions from people who weren't so blind, tho :lol

Sugus
02-17-2021, 07:59 PM
No, you take a two - way big over everyone else.

Lmfao, btw, this made me laugh. Such an obvious answer to that question. Wing defense, whilst very important especially in today's perimeter-oriented game, will always pale in comparison to a big man's defense, the same way that a guard's defense will never be as impactful as those two (sorry DJ, you're probably never earning a DPOY no matter how much better you get... Vassell has a chance, though).

Which is exactly what makes people picking Nephew for his defense ridiculous. The transcendent offensive impact of Curry by far outweighs whatever defensive difference there is between him and Nephew. And in the modern NBA, I'm not sure I'd rather have any other player than Steph to start my franchise, tbh. Not only can he carry an offense by himself, he also gets teammates wide open all day due to his gravity, is a great distributor, and most importantly, a great teammate not shy of sacrificing his game and stats for the better of the team. Not like some diva we know all too well...

MultiTroll
02-17-2021, 08:13 PM
Playoffs son.

Again i do think the supporting cast was very good. And yes 59 and 53 wins in regular season is nothing to sniff at.

r0drig0lac
02-17-2021, 08:29 PM

0 1 0

J_Paco
02-17-2021, 08:33 PM
Is Kawhi 29 yes or no? Does Kawhi have 2 titles without a superstar playing alongside him? Yes or no?

You truly are stupid and not worth debating with.

Two Finals MVP's aren't more valuable than 2 straight league MVP's, but only an idiot like you would claim as such.

J_Paco
02-17-2021, 08:36 PM

It's rigged, son.

Too stupid to understand how Curry has fundamentally altered how NBA basketball is played. Got it...

Wow, now using the "the votes are rigged" excuse as if that carries any weight with Curry's 2 MVP seasons. A 6'2" guard was more dominant those two seasons (if those are his peak) than at any point in Leonard's career, period.

Moronic, Kawhi slurpers still infesting this board and thread.....

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 05:56 AM
peak to peak? about equal, aldridge in the east conf against the warriors cripple run? probably the same. Aldridge was very good and just needed elite shooters. Ball hog iso klaw supressed his value. He took a team with fathead as a starter to the playoffs which is equal to a championship

Equal? Smfh...ok bro...crippled eastern conference Kawhi beat the brakes off everyone...imagine if he wasn't limping his way through the playoffs...I'd take cripple Kawhi over prime LMA...prime LMA never did shit in the league... couldn't sniff a conference finals, nevertheless win a ring

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 06:00 AM
Nephew doesn't make anybody better, that's probably the biggest knock... on the other hand, Curry made average to poor talent like Draymond Green or Harrison Barnes look like All-Stars, tbh

Doesn't make anybody better? He turned a washed up, laughing stock raptors team and made them look MUCH better than they actually we're...ppl stopped laughing at playoff Lowry...Mar Gasol fell ALL the way off when he left...he made ppl say Pascal was a superstar, now look where Pascal is now that there's no Kawhi...our team lost a 20+ point lead in less than 2 quarters when he went down

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 06:24 AM
I'm laughing my ass off at this revisionist history...

1. The notion that Toronto was some powerhouse when the entire NBA laughed at them every year, and Spurs fans mocked Kawhi and said his career had a wasted season when he was traded there...they were laughing stocks before and after Kawhi left, and all the players were worse before he got there and worse when he left.

2. Curry not only performed poorly in every championship run, but every ring he won, he faced a team with significant injuries... No one brings that up, but ppl mad that an injured Kawhi beat a team with 4 hall of famers (with one injured... Klay played every game except 1...) And not only beat them, but DOMINATED them... One game was even given away by Nick nurse with that horrible timeout

3. Someone said an old Serge Ibaka was as good as prime Chris Bosh... How do u even address that?

4. Blaming Kawhi for Spurs losing in 15 and 16, but saying the 14 finals win was more about the team than his contributions is hilarious... Anyone who watched the 15 and 16 playoffs could see that pop had no idea how to guard the pick and roll... Yet no one blames Duncan for having Blake Griffin look like Hakeem (nor should they... Our defensive schemes were trash)... Duncan struggled in several playoff runs but we ignore it because we like him... In 16 pop refused to play a lineup that could rebound... LMA and David West were getting bitched on the boards after every OKC miss

JamStone
02-18-2021, 09:18 AM
Who was Golden State’s 4th hall of famer?

ElNono
02-18-2021, 11:03 AM
Doesn't make anybody better? He turned a washed up, laughing stock raptors team and made them look MUCH better than they actually we're...ppl stopped laughing at playoff Lowry...Mar Gasol fell ALL the way off when he left...he made ppl say Pascal was a superstar, now look where Pascal is now that there's no Kawhi...our team lost a 20+ point lead in less than 2 quarters when he went down

Who said anything about Toronto not being a terrible team? Marc Gasol wasn’t better than he was in Memphis when nephew came around. Lowry wasn’t better either. The only reason people stopped laughing at him is because nephew carried him through the playoffs.

Again, nobody argued that Toronto wasn’t a better team with him, what I said is he doesn’t make his teammates better. That’s something Steph did well because he’s much less of an ISO guy and his 3 point range opens up the floor for other players.

JamStone
02-18-2021, 11:33 AM
I think with both players, you can attempt to discredit their successes by mentioning context of their successes. With Steph, he had another star player in Klay and then another superstar player in KD to make things easier, and he never did enough in a Finals series to win Finals MVP, in what, five chances. So some people will discredit what he’s done because of those things. And with Kawhi, his first championship and Finals MVP was when he was still for the most part a young role player, while his second was on a team that had the best record in the East the previous season without him, and he helped them win in a LeBron-less Eastern Conference and then against an injured Warriors team in the Finals. Those are not inconsequential factors either.

There’s legitimacy in both sets of arguments. It doesn’t mean either player isn’t still great. Just adding context to the stories of each of their successes respectively. How you weight each of those factors when you evaluate his or his greatness is up to each his own.

I think they’re comparable franchise stars. Both great. Neither flawless. At peak, I do lean towards Curry. But it’s not like I’d be disappointed if I was stuck with Kawhi instead.

Collins21
02-18-2021, 11:36 AM
I'm laughing my ass off at this revisionist history...

1. The notion that Toronto was some powerhouse when the entire NBA laughed at them every year, and Spurs fans mocked Kawhi and said his career had a wasted season when he was traded there...they were laughing stocks before and after Kawhi left, and all the players were worse before he got there and worse when he left.

2. Curry not only performed poorly in every championship run, but every ring he won, he faced a team with significant injuries... No one brings that up, but ppl mad that an injured Kawhi beat a team with 4 hall of famers (with one injured... Klay played every game except 1...) And not only beat them, but DOMINATED them... One game was even given away by Nick nurse with that horrible timeout

3. Someone said an old Serge Ibaka was as good as prime Chris Bosh... How do u even address that?

4. Blaming Kawhi for Spurs losing in 15 and 16, but saying the 14 finals win was more about the team than his contributions is hilarious... Anyone who watched the 15 and 16 playoffs could see that pop had no idea how to guard the pick and roll... Yet no one blames Duncan for having Blake Griffin look like Hakeem (nor should they... Our defensive schemes were trash)... Duncan struggled in several playoff runs but we ignore it because we like him... In 16 pop refused to play a lineup that could rebound... LMA and David West were getting bitched on the boards after every OKC miss

Yeah LaMarcus and David West were definitely the reason we lost lol. No we would have been up 2-0 if Kawhi would have shown up in game 2 but he shrunk. Also we would have been up 3-1 if he would have answered KD's run in the 2nd half of game 4. No that series wasn't all Kawhi's fault but to act like he didn't have a big hand in it is ridiculous. The Clippers series is just a dumb arguement because you're trying to blame Duncan. My lasting Image from that series is Duncan being the best player on floor for most of that series. Kawhi was outplayed by Belinelli in game 6 and was outplayed by Duncan in game 7 those are the facts.

MultiTroll
02-18-2021, 11:46 AM
Too stupid to understand how Curry has fundamentally altered how NBA basketball is played. Got it...

Wow, now using the "the votes are rigged" excuse as if that carries any weight with Curry's 2 MVP seasons. A 6'2" guard was more dominant those two seasons (if those are his peak) than at any point in Leonard's career, period.
"Curry alone fundamentally altered how NBA basketball is played."?

NBA has been shooting 3 pointers since Larry Bird. Most years the Warriors did not take the most 3 point attempts and they don't even hold the most attempted all time. Houston with chucking Harden and also Cleveland is right there with the Warriors. As far as releasing the ball quickly, yes Golden State emphasized beginning with Kerr. Curry was hardly the only Golden Phaggot doing this, altho he was the most effective yes.

Notorious and obvious cheating screens, Donkey being allowed to hack at will, etc was the bread and butter of the Warriors.
Yes, with all those advantages Currys shooting was still fantastic. Not so when the pressure was on.

After lucking into Kyrie Irvings broken kneecap, your Warriors were beaten in 2016 by the Cavs. 2017 Kawhi was well on his way to ass raping your overated Warriors. That is the best example of Prime head to head. Regular season Spurs also won the series and Fluff Ball three chucking was not happening.

MultiTroll
02-18-2021, 12:09 PM
It doesn’t mean either player isn’t still great.

Both great. Neither flawless.
This.

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 01:03 PM
Yeah LaMarcus and David West were definitely the reason we lost lol. No we would have been up 2-0 if Kawhi would have shown up in game 2 but he shrunk. Also we would have been up 3-1 if he would have answered KD's run in the 2nd half of game 4. No that series wasn't all Kawhi's fault but to act like he didn't have a big hand in it is ridiculous. The Clippers series is just a dumb arguement because you're trying to blame Duncan. My lasting Image from that series is Duncan being the best player on floor for most of that series. Kawhi was outplayed by Belinelli in game 6 and was outplayed by Duncan in game 7 those are the facts.

Funny how u point out Kawhi's bad games as if he were the go to guy on the team...LMA was the go to guy and he fell off a cliff...not only was he getting bitch slapped on the boards,but he had numerous HORRENDOUS games, including one where he shot 28%... But no, we love LMA...so let's not criticize him because we are afraid he gets mad again...let's give in to the guy who demanded a trade after choking in the playoffs because we weren't running the offense through him...let's not criticize the guy who laments about wanting to play for another team and give half-assed efforts on this one

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 01:05 PM

Show me where I blamed Duncan...I literally said he SHOULDN'T get the blame...but y'all folks down there in SA must not be able to read well...

duncan2k5
02-18-2021, 01:06 PM
"Curry alone fundamentally altered how NBA basketball is played."?

NBA has been shooting 3 pointers since Larry Bird. Most years the Warriors did not take the most 3 point attempts and they don't even hold the most attempted all time. Houston with chucking Harden and also Cleveland is right there with the Warriors. As far as releasing the ball quickly, yes Golden State emphasized beginning with Kerr. Curry was hardly the only Golden Phaggot doing this, altho he was the most effective yes.

Notorious and obvious cheating screens, Donkey being allowed to hack at will, etc was the bread and butter of the Warriors.
Yes, with all those advantages Currys shooting was still fantastic. Not so when the pressure was on.

After lucking into Kyrie Irvings broken kneecap, your Warriors were beaten in 2016 by the Cavs. 2017 Kawhi was well on his way to ass raping your overated Warriors. That is the best example of Prime head to head. Regular season Spurs also won the series and Fluff Ball three chucking was not happening.

Exactly...well said

Collins21
02-18-2021, 03:35 PM
Funny how u point out Kawhi's bad games as if he were the go to guy on the team...LMA was the go to guy and he fell off a cliff...not only was he getting bitch slapped on the boards,but he had numerous HORRENDOUS games, including one where he shot 28%... But no, we love LMA...so let's not criticize him because we are afraid he gets mad again...let's give in to the guy who demanded a trade after choking in the playoffs because we weren't running the offense through him...let's not criticize the guy who laments about wanting to play for another team and give half-assed efforts on this one

No one said LMA played great. However you said Kawhi had no responsibility for that loss. LMA was not the go to guy that year. That was a convenient way for Kawhi fan boys to excuse his choke job in that series. Kawhi disappeared in games 2,4 and 6 of that series. LMA played bad in games 4,6,5. Now both played bad in 3 games. Now even if all you said about LMA is true the dude went out and requested a trade like a man. He didn't hide behind his uncle he went straight to the source like a man should.

MultiTroll
02-18-2021, 07:23 PM
No one said LMA played great. However you said Kawhi had no responsibility for that loss. LMA was not the go to guy that year. That was a convenient way for Kawhi fan boys to excuse his choke job in that series. Kawhi disappeared in games 2,4 and 6 of that series. LMA played bad in games 4,6,5. Now both played bad in 3 games. Now even if all you said about LMA is true the dude went out and requested a trade like a man. He didn't hide behind his uncle he went straight to the source like a man should.
:lol
Game 2.
6-26. Porker, Patty Mills and Timmy Dunks on one leg combine and yet you blame Kawhi for that. Who btw was 7-18 with boards, steals and blocks per usual.
OKCRef chips in with 21-13 FT advantage as Adams, Anal Kancer and Ibaka were allowed to mug at will. CIA Popped chipped in by keeping Boban chained to the bench.

Game 4 Timmy Dunks wheel was completely off by then. Porker had a grand total of 3 assists and 4 turns, virtually never getting the ball to the right player at the right time. Kwa a very respectable 21/6/4 as Muh Touches and Porker took just as many shots, and many good ones at that as Porker went 10-16. Danny Green is who disappeared.
OKCRef once again came to the rescue as they shot twice as many FTs in a game that was tied until the 4th.

Game 5 we definitely had a chance to win but the most egregious end of game no call when Ape Adams purposely tripped Danny Green and the ref stood and watched.
Muh Touches Aldridge 6-21. Meanwhile Kwa a very respectable 26/6/5/4 on over 50% shooting. Green found his trey.
Between CIA Pocks gameplan of "feed Aldridge" and OCKref we were fucked out of yet another playoff game.

Watch a game once in a while.

Collins21
02-18-2021, 08:56 PM
:lol
Game 2.
6-26. Porker, Patty Mills and Timmy Dunks on one leg combine and yet you blame Kawhi for that. Who btw was 7-18 with boards, steals and blocks per usual.
OKCRef chips in with 21-13 FT advantage as Adams, Anal Kancer and Ibaka were allowed to mug at will. CIA Popped chipped in by keeping Boban chained to the bench.

Game 4 Timmy Dunks wheel was completely off by then. Porker had a grand total of 3 assists and 4 turns, virtually never getting the ball to the right player at the right time. Kwa a very respectable 21/6/4 as Muh Touches and Porker took just as many shots, and many good ones at that as Porker went 10-16. Danny Green is who disappeared.
OKCRef once again came to the rescue as they shot twice as many FTs in a game that was tied until the 4th.

Game 5 we definitely had a chance to win but the most egregious end of game no call when Ape Adams purposely tripped Danny Green and the ref stood and watched.
Muh Touches Aldridge 6-21. Meanwhile Kwa a very respectable 26/6/5/4 on over 50% shooting. Green found his trey.
Between CIA Pocks gameplan of "feed Aldridge" and OCKref we were fucked out of yet another playoff game.

Watch a game once in a while.

No you should watch KD destroyed our defense and Kawhi wanted no parts of him. He was scared of Durant as usual.

MultiTroll
02-18-2021, 09:01 PM
No you should watch KD destroyed our defense and Kawhi wanted no parts of him. He was scared of Durant as usual.
:lol about a 1/10 troll job.

Are you getting closer to this months Rimmy Award?

duncan2k5
02-19-2021, 06:26 AM

No he didn't...he bitched and didn't talk to Pop until AFTER he couldn't be traded

J_Paco
03-15-2021, 09:24 PM
Here watch this for context, idiot Nephew slurpers:

https://youtu.be/bvTPxCOfjdE

No video for your idol in sight or coming. Dick riders have no understanding of how to properly contextualize Nephew's "peak.":rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin