PDA

View Full Version : Car Discussion Thread

spurraider21
02-18-2021, 03:44 PM
tried searching for one but didnt want to necro something from a decade ago.

while i still have a soft spot for my 2008 civic, the first and only car i've ever owned, i wouldnt be caught dead putting a kid in there :lol, and have one on the way. also wanted a vehicle with AWD given that we get some snow here, and long term, still enjoy making trips up to mountains.

so i just picked up a 2018 forester (well, picking it up on saturday) with ~20k miles on it for 20k. did a ton of research and feel pretty good about the selection for that class. the visibility while driving was pretty unmatched in the class, though some of the other small/mid SUVs had more luxury items and bells and whistles that im not particularly interested in.

like that it gets 26/32, even in full time AWD, which will be nice as i plan on keeping this one for the long haul, and mileage will be nice when i move back to LA in a few years. the CR-V and RAV-4 had similar numbers, but i really disliked the visibility of those in comparison, with the massive pillars they have between windows/doors. the forester feels like a greenhouse in comparison. also thought the hyundai santa fe was surprisingly nice, had good visibility and looked pretty nice from the inside, but ultimately the hyundai's and kia's dont seem to hold their value and werent competitive with gas mileage

what u guys drive?

SpursforSix
02-18-2021, 03:51 PM
A 1980 Walton

SpursforSix
02-18-2021, 03:59 PM
I really want to get a new Telluride. But the older I get, the more I side with my dad’s old adage, “you just need something that gets you from Point A to Point B. For the first time ever, I paid off a car (2016 Pilot). I’m probably going to just enjoy no payments for a while. That being said, I’ve been thinking about a Forrester as well. I passed one of the orangish ones a while back and it looked sharp.

About a year ago, I had to take my Pilot in and they gave me a new Civic as a loaner. That was a fun as hell car to drive. But I’ve got terrible night vision and need something higher up.

spurraider21
02-18-2021, 04:03 PM
I really want to get a new Telluride. But the older I get, the more I side with my dad’s old adage, “you just need something that gets you from Point A to Point B. For the first time ever, I paid off a car (2016 Pilot). I’m probably going to just enjoy no payments for a while. That being said, I’ve been thinking about a Forrester as well. I passed one of the orangish ones a while back and it looked sharp.

About a year ago, I had to take my Pilot in and they gave me a new Civic as a loaner. That was a fun as hell car to drive. But I’ve got terrible night vision and need something higher up.
yeah, i was looking to just pay cash for something used, but certified pre-owned so still under warranty. the kia telluride and hyundai palisades both look like fucking beasts, but they're both newer models so not much of a used market.

those might be things i look at down the line as my next car if/when we have more kids, and when wife is making money instead of costing tuition :lol, but even then, i dont think i'd buy a brand new vehicle anytime soon. seems really unnecessary compared to getting a certified pre-owned vehicle, unless you REALLY want that new model (like the telluride for people looking to buy now)

pilot was on our radar too, but was just too much car for what we needed now. CR-V was closer in size to what we wanted. i really trust honda's after having driven my civic for a while, and one of my cousins' families has had the same odyssey since 2005 still going strong :lol

Leetonidas
02-18-2021, 04:06 PM
My main vehicle is a 2016 Jeep Renegade tbh...nothing fancy, wanted small SUV but thought the Kia soul looked really lame so this was a solid inbetween. no complaints thus far. was thinking of trading it in last year but with COVID and my job going full remote i dont really see the point anymore :lol

spurraider21
02-18-2021, 04:13 PM
while i didnt need one now, i was looking into 3 row SUVs just to get a sense of what i'd be looking at down the line, and man, some of those "third rows" are basically airplane seating with no real footspace. expected to see that in models like the sorrento, but even the palisade and telluride had tiny third rows. only ones i saw that had a legit third row size were the lincoln navigator, chevy suburban and tahoe (but tahoe has virtually no storage space behind the third row). or just getting a minivan at that point for half the price

NASpurs
02-18-2021, 04:18 PM
I have a 2006 BMW 750 Li with 88k miles as my weekend car. Car is a pain in the ass to maintain but I do love driving it. I have never taken to a stealership beacuse those guys will rob you blindly so I do a lot of the mechanical work on it if there's a youtube video on it or info on a BMW forum. :lol

My other car is 2012 Ford Escape Limited Edition that I need to get rid of sometime soon. It's been good to me but it's time to move on.

SpursforSix
02-18-2021, 04:21 PM
while i didnt need one now, i was looking into 3 row SUVs just to get a sense of what i'd be looking at down the line, and man, some of those "third rows" are basically airplane seating with no real footspace. expected to see that in models like the sorrento, but even the palisade and telluride had tiny third rows. only ones i saw that had a legit third row size were the lincoln navigator, chevy suburban and tahoe (but tahoe has virtually no storage space behind the third row). or just getting a minivan at that point for half the price

Yeah, part of the reason I got the Pilot was that I was coaching my daughter’s soccer team and wanted the 3rd row to haul kids. But it was cramped as hell. It was really barely functional for normal size people. Maybe used it 4 or 5 times in all these years.

leemajors
02-18-2021, 04:27 PM

while i still have a soft spot for my 2008 civic, the first and only car i've ever owned, i wouldnt be caught dead putting a kid in there :lol, and have one on the way. also wanted a vehicle with AWD given that we get some snow here, and long term, still enjoy making trips up to mountains.

so i just picked up a 2018 forester (well, picking it up on saturday) with ~20k miles on it for 20k. did a ton of research and feel pretty good about the selection for that class. the visibility while driving was pretty unmatched in the class, though some of the other small/mid SUVs had more luxury items and bells and whistles that im not particularly interested in.

like that it gets 26/32, even in full time AWD, which will be nice as i plan on keeping this one for the long haul, and mileage will be nice when i move back to LA in a few years. the CR-V and RAV-4 had similar numbers, but i really disliked the visibility of those in comparison, with the massive pillars they have between windows/doors. the forester feels like a greenhouse in comparison. also thought the hyundai santa fe was surprisingly nice, had good visibility and looked pretty nice from the inside, but ultimately the hyundai's and kia's dont seem to hold their value and werent competitive with gas mileage

what u guys drive?

Good choice, they have good ground clearance too. I have a 2014 Civic.

spurraider21
02-18-2021, 04:56 PM
Good choice, they have good ground clearance too. I have a 2014 Civic.
<3

this is basically how i feel about my civic

https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/hou/6565526716.html

RD2191
02-18-2021, 05:32 PM
<3

:lol

SpursforSix
02-18-2021, 05:53 PM
<3

10/10 😂

Xevious
02-18-2021, 08:48 PM
I drive a 1979 Ford LTD Country Squire
Wife drives a 1972 Ford Pinto

DMC
02-18-2021, 10:16 PM

what u guys drive?

I had the Outback but it was a noise machine, couldn't talk hands free for shit. I have a Legacy now, it's better but still too much road noise. It's a lease though so next go round I'll probably get something a bit quieter since I take a lot of meetings while driving to and from airports. Best I've had so far is the Toyota Camry. the new models with some upgrades is pretty decent.

DMC
02-18-2021, 10:19 PM
<3

That's fucking great :lol

DMC
02-18-2021, 10:21 PM
A 1980 Walton

So you're the other owner eh?

spurraider21
02-18-2021, 10:21 PM
I had the Outback but it was a noise machine, couldn't talk hands free for shit. I have a Legacy now, it's better but still too much road noise. It's a lease though so next go round I'll probably get something a bit quieter since I take a lot of meetings while driving to and from airports. Best I've had so far is the Toyota Camry. the new models with some upgrades is pretty decent.
yeah, my general understanding of subarus is that you should not be confusing them with luxury vehicles, but they are mechanically sound, pragmatic, hold value, etc. you arent getting a subaru to isolate yourself from the road

Camry's are rock solid :tu. wife was driving a 2005 camry until we moved. when it comes to newer ones, toyota/honda/hyundai and even kia do a good job of stuffing a lot of features, bells and whistles into damn near every model. i couldnt fathom buying a sedan from the US or Germany

ElNono
02-19-2021, 01:49 AM

I just bought a new Telluride Nightfall Edition for my father in law (we drive it when we go visit). It's nice, and spacious. I was expecting a bit more real wood for that money, but it's a good ride.

I'm still driving my '16 Lexus Rx330... it's just solid but it's getting up there in miles, tbh. Probably will start looking for something soon.

FkLA
02-19-2021, 08:04 AM
Subarus are solid if you want AWD and something that holds its value. Is there a hatchback version of the WRX yet? I would've gone with that or an Outback before the Forrester but I'm of the belief that too many people unnecessarily drive bigger SUVs. I tried to steer the gf towards a hatchback or a midsize SUV like the HRV/CHR when she was in the market for a car, but she walked out with a CRV because the others just felt "too small". We don't even have kids. :rolleyes

I drive a '15 VW GTI and an '06 Civic. I love the GTI but its given me some problems even though I baby the fuck out of it and treat it like a princess.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 09:46 AM
Subarus are solid if you want AWD and something that holds its value. Is there a hatchback version of the WRX yet? I would've gone with that or an Outback before the Forrester but I'm of the belief that too many people unnecessarily drive bigger SUVs. I tried to steer the gf towards a hatchback or a midsize SUV like the HRV/CHR when she was in the market for a car, but she walked out with a CRV because the others just felt "too small". We don't even have kids. :rolleyes

I drive a '15 VW GTI and an '06 Civic. I love the GTI but its given me some problems even though I baby the fuck out of it and treat it like a princess.
Didn’t have a strong preference of the forester over the outback. All i really cared about were the internal dimensions (roomy enough for portable/removable car seat + adequate storage), awd, fuel economy, and durability. Outback and forester are nearly identical in all respects.

bit when shopping for certified pre owned, a lot more foresters were available and generally at a better price

BD24
02-19-2021, 10:33 AM
Currently have a 2012 Malibu with about 120k miles on it. Hoping I can ride it out to around 200k miles before it shits out on me.

Will probably grab a Camry as my next car. I’m more about reliability and functionality than anything else. Although I have thought back and forth on the idea of a Tesla. Supposedly they have low mantienence and can last a long time. Anyone have one? I haven’t done a lot of research into them. Hoping it’s another 3-4 years before I need to grab a new car

mrsmaalox
02-19-2021, 10:34 AM
Yay I can finally tell someone about my new car! I’ve been driving a 2018 Toyota Avalon by default; when my SO was having knee replacements/rehab he needed a vehicle he could get into without having to stop and walk off the pain every 30 min (he is 6’4”). We just went around to dealerships and sat in vehicles until he found one with the best leg room and ended up with the Avalon. It’s a very nice car, fully loaded, very comfy and drives smoooooth, but I’ve been eyeing the smaller SUVs as a replacement because now I have a car seat and stroller to accommodate.

Just from eyeballing cars in traffic I was drawn to the RAV4 size and pretty much decided that’s what I would look at first. Problem was there were tons of LE’s but most of the XLEs were under some recall and not able to be sold. My son beat me to the punch and bought his wife the only XLE Premium avail at our dealer! That gave me the opportunity to scrutinize the vehicle in and out, deciding that the Limited would probably get it equipped as I wanted. Not many Limiteds available and the ones they had were upwards of 33k.

The RAV is a great utilitarian vehicle but the road noise, and over 33k, I figured I could probably invest a few $k more and get some luxury too. I decided to look at a the RAV4 sized Lexus NX 300. Man, it was love at first sight :) It has every option (heated back seats!!). I just have not seen another car that attracts me, the styling is beautiful and the ride is sooo smooth and quiet. I’m totally in love with it. Problem is it was delivered to my garage 12 days ago and I’ve only been out in it once lol. I hope I love actually using it as much as I love just sitting in it in the garage :)

Millennial_Messiah
02-19-2021, 10:37 AM
Currently have a 2012 Malibu with about 120k miles on it. Hoping I can ride it out to around 200k miles before it shits out on me.

Will probably grab a Camry as my next car. I’m more about reliability and functionality than anything else. Although I have thought back and forth on the idea of a Tesla. Supposedly they have low mantienence and can last a long time. Anyone have one? I haven’t done a lot of research into them. Hoping it’s another 3-4 years before I need to grab a new car
I have a 2020 Camry Hybrid with currently a little under 10k, bought last April.

I would definitely suggest the Camry, 2020 or previous models because the 2021 model has that ugly tablet dashboard that obstructs driving view, it's the new craze but it's unpleasant to say the least. I prefer more traditional 2010s dashboards.

Millennial_Messiah
02-19-2021, 10:39 AM
Hybrid is great on gas, but AWD would have been nice this winter to say the least. If you're getting a Camry, I would suggest either the Hybrid or the AWD (unfortunately it doesn't come in both) as opposed to the base model, depending on your location (if you live in a cold snowy state get the AWD, else get the hybrid because gas is going to skyrocket under the Biden regime).

Millennial_Messiah
02-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Tesla I wouldn't recommend just yet because the purchase price is outrageous and you never recuperate that in the savings on energy or anything else. Plus, the savings on energy isn't as much as you think, as charging a Tesla costs almost as much in electricity as the COVID-era gas prices for a full charge, it's not like charging a cell phone or something.

Wait for Musk to drop the prices to more reasonable standards rather than Mercedes-esque standards, before buying a Tesla, that's my advice. But no denying Tesla esque cars are the future. Hopefully in the future we'll get more solar and safe fusion electricity rather than relying on increasingly expensive fossil fuels.

Trill Clinton
02-19-2021, 10:59 AM
We upgraded vehicles almost 2 years ago when our son was born as well. My wife went a Q5 which was an upgrade over her Accord but we're both tall and with the carseat being rear faced, the passenger seat is uncomfortable for long drives. In hindsight I wish we'd get something bigger. I like the Denali and Traverse so I'll definitely be looking into one of those if we have another kid in the next year.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 11:57 AM
I wish we'd get something bigger.

Bend over, I'll fucking give you something bigger.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 12:01 PM
Yay I can finally tell someone about my new car! I’ve been driving a 2018 Toyota Avalon by default; when my SO was having knee replacements/rehab he needed a vehicle he could get into without having to stop and walk off the pain every 30 min (he is 6’4”). We just went around to dealerships and sat in vehicles until he found one with the best leg room and ended up with the Avalon. It’s a very nice car, fully loaded, very comfy and drives smoooooth, but I’ve been eyeing the smaller SUVs as a replacement because now I have a car seat and stroller to accommodate.

Just from eyeballing cars in traffic I was drawn to the RAV4 size and pretty much decided that’s what I would look at first. Problem was there were tons of LE’s but most of the XLEs were under some recall and not able to be sold. My son beat me to the punch and bought his wife the only XLE Premium avail at our dealer! That gave me the opportunity to scrutinize the vehicle in and out, deciding that the Limited would probably get it equipped as I wanted. Not many Limiteds available and the ones they had were upwards of 33k.

The RAV is a great utilitarian vehicle but the road noise, and over 33k, I figured I could probably invest a few $k more and get some luxury too. I decided to look at a the RAV4 sized Lexus NX 300. Man, it was love at first sight :) It has every option (heated back seats!!). I just have not seen another car that attracts me, the styling is beautiful and the ride is sooo smooth and quiet. I’m totally in love with it. Problem is it was delivered to my garage 12 days ago and I’ve only been out in it once lol. I hope I love actually using it as much as I love just sitting in it in the garage :)

I don't get the love for heated seats. I've had them in my last 3 vehicles and rarely used them. On the other hand, the one that had cooling seats...I used it all the time. I wish that was a more common option.

mrsmaalox
02-19-2021, 12:55 PM
I don't get the love for heated seats. I've had them in my last 3 vehicles and rarely used them. On the other hand, the one that had cooling seats...I used it all the time. I wish that was a more common option.

I suppose you don’t wear many dresses while driving lol

I don’t really care about back seat heaters, prob no one will ever sit back there, I added it as an example of the kind of over the top options my vehicle comes with. But I’ve had heated/cooled driver’s seats in every vehicle since about 2000 and I use both features quite frequently.

leemajors
02-19-2021, 01:29 PM

My dad's truck has lumbar and upper hammy massage, that shit is great.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 01:36 PM
My dad's truck has lumbar and upper hammy massage, that shit is great.

Word. The car I had with the cooling seats (2007 Avalanche) had the lumbar controls (no hammy massage). I'd set them so it almost felt like there was a fist in my lower back (bend over...etc.). It was great for longer drives.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 01:39 PM

I don’t really care about back seat heaters, prob no one will ever sit back there, I added it as an example of the kind of over the top options my vehicle comes with. But I’ve had heated/cooled driver’s seats in every vehicle since about 2000 and I use both features quite frequently.

You're right. Due to my job, I'm almost always in a smart pantsuit.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 01:58 PM

heated back seats are pretty nifty, you dont see that all the time.

and yeah, cars like the RAV-4, CR-V, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Santa Fe and Forester are not going to give you the great luxury feel of isolating you from the road. you'll feel the ride a bit, and you'll get some road noise. you can still line those up with frills and gizmos, but it's not going to be a cruise liner. thats also why they're on the more economic side... but with the RAV4, CRV, Forester, etc, you also know its just generally a solid vehicle that's not going to be a headache.

the NX isn't old enough of a model to know how long their life cycle is, but their values hold up pretty well going back to 2014/2015 so its promising. on the flipside of the luxury/feel of it, you're getting less fuel economy (unless you spring for the hybrid), less cargo space as well. but thats a solid purchase imo

theres usually a give or take with these things. sounds like the NX is what you were looking for :tu

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 02:00 PM
if your interior is leather, heating/cooling seats are awesome imo.

Chucho
02-19-2021, 02:32 PM
God, had a fuckload of cars since we moved here.

In '11 it was 2010 Camaro 2 SS, 2011 Charger, 2007 Mustang.

'15 It was a really nice 14 Chevy Captiva and 2015 Elantra. We started getting old here.

We're back at 3 cars again. 2007 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 Ford Fusion (really, really love this car for some reason) and a 2019 Jeep Compass. Between all three, we don't even have over 60k miles combined. I can't go back to having buckets with high miles, mechanic bills balance out payments.

Adam Lambert
02-19-2021, 02:49 PM
I bought a 2012 CR-V in 2014 and 165K miles later it drives like a charm. Can't speak to the kid piece.

We also have a 2012 Civic.

Adam Lambert
02-19-2021, 02:56 PM
Honestly my only complaint about the CR-V is that so many other people have the exact same model and color, so I've approached the wrong car in the parking lot more times than I can count.

Millennial_Messiah
02-19-2021, 03:15 PM

:lol

One of my ex gf's never wore anything under her dress, unless it was that time of the month tbh

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 03:15 PM
God, had a fuckload of cars since we moved here.

In '11 it was 2010 Camaro 2 SS, 2011 Charger, 2007 Mustang.

'15 It was a really nice 14 Chevy Captiva and 2015 Elantra. We started getting old here.

We're back at 3 cars again. 2007 Jeep Rubicon, 2018 Ford Fusion (really, really love this car for some reason) and a 2019 Jeep Compass. Between all three, we don't even have over 60k miles combined. I can't go back to having buckets with high miles, mechanic bills balance out payments.
do you swap around because you get bored? or the cars start breaking down on you?

resistanze
02-19-2021, 03:28 PM
We got a used car in May 2020, when prices tanked before they skyrocketed :lol

The missus wanted a 2017 Subaru Impreza hatchback for the AWD, but those cars rarely drop in price (Subarus in general). Ended up getting a certified 2017 VW Golf Wolfsberg Edition, 24k miles for under 15k. Great deal and saw some priced for 18-19k a couple of months after. No AWD, but we're in California and don't need rugged shit for the couple of times a year we go outdoors/national parks.

Chucho
02-19-2021, 04:37 PM
do you swap around because you get bored? or the cars start breaking down on you?

The only car that kind of broke down was the Mustang. It was pitiful. Not even 50k before a new alternator and then the electrical system running the AC/Heat started messing up and it was all sorts of typical Ford fuckery.

Otherwise, just like to get out from under cars before 75k.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
The only car that kind of broke down was the Mustang. It was pitiful. Not even 50k before a new alternator and then the electrical system running the AC/Heat started messing up and it was all sorts of typical Ford fuckery.

Otherwise, just like to get out from under cars before 75k.
probably a wise decision if you insist on buying american :lol (except some jeeps, and the big pickups)

Chucho
02-19-2021, 05:39 PM
probably a wise decision if you insist on buying american :lol (except some jeeps, and the big pickups)

Yeah, definitely SOME Jeeps. We had a '99 Wrangler Sierra. Got her to about 90k miles and we were still able to sell her for $11k. We paid $17k for the Rubicon. Dude down the road offered us $20k for it. Bluebooks for $25k now. Too bad most Jeeps are heaps of shit if not maintained like an old French Whore after awhile.

Foreign will always be best, indeed. Drove a load of them when I was a bucket-buyer as a youth. The thing is my dad is a mechanic, so work was paid by helping and beer. At the end of the day, good maintenance will keep almost any car in great condition.

Great maintenance costs $ and the old man is in Texas. Even with the buckets, maintaining foreign cars still costs more. So, I just let the warranties take care of it, flip it out when it's still profitable to do so and have new cars every few years that are built into my monthly budget with zero stress.

FkLA
02-19-2021, 06:15 PM
I don’t really care about back seat heaters, prob no one will ever sit back there, I added it as an example of the kind of over the top options my vehicle comes with.

See, this is what I'm talking about. Why? Noone sits in the back seats of the gf's CRV either. Like 6-7 out of 10 cars out on the road are SUVs and the seats/cargo space are often not even used or needed. They're also more expensive and become a less fun ride the bulkier you get. I dont get it.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 06:20 PM
Yeah, definitely SOME Jeeps. We had a '99 Wrangler Sierra. Got her to about 90k miles and we were still able to sell her for $11k. We paid $17k for the Rubicon. Dude down the road offered us $20k for it. Bluebooks for $25k now. Too bad most Jeeps are heaps of shit if not maintained like an old French Whore after awhile.

Foreign will always be best, indeed. Drove a load of them when I was a bucket-buyer as a youth. The thing is my dad is a mechanic, so work was paid by helping and beer. At the end of the day, good maintenance will keep almost any car in great condition.

Great maintenance costs $ and the old man is in Texas. Even with the buckets, maintaining foreign cars still costs more. So, I just let the warranties take care of it, flip it out when it's still profitable to do so and have new cars every few years that are built into my monthly budget with zero stress.
while you cant outright neglect them, some of the foreign buckets you refer to require fairly limited maintenance. hell, before we married, my wife had bought herself a used 2005 camry with over 100k miles on it, drove it for several years, never had any serious mechanical issues. we just didnt think it was worth paying to have it shipped over here, so we just gave it to her parents as a spare.

my ive had my civic since 08 and have about 155k miles on it. only real repair work i've had to do to it was replace the motor mount at about 120k miles which ran me about $650.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 06:23 PM
See, this is what I'm talking about. Why? Noone sits in the back seats of the gf's CRV either. Like 6-7 out of 10 cars out on the road are SUVs and the seats/cargo space are often not even used or needed. They're also more expensive and become a less fun ride the bulkier you get. I dont get it.
yeah, equation changes when you have kids (or older parents that you occasionally shuttle around). if i didnt have kids but wanted an SUV type vehicle for the purpose of cargo/trips, i'd just get a smaller crossover type like the HR-V (if we're talking honda) and lay the seats down. but CR-V get pretty good gas mileage given their size anyway.

leemajors
02-19-2021, 06:34 PM
yeah, equation changes when you have kids (or older parents that you occasionally shuttle around). if i didnt have kids but wanted an SUV type vehicle for the purpose of cargo/trips, i'd just get a smaller crossover type like the HR-V (if we're talking honda) and lay the seats down. but CR-V get pretty good gas mileage given their size anyway.

I had an SUV when my daughter was born in 05, but got sedans after and never had issues with space tbh. The only thing that sucks about the civic is when sciatica acts up and my hips are below my knees.

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 06:49 PM
I had an SUV when my daughter was born in 05, but got sedans after and never had issues with space tbh. The only thing that sucks about the civic is when sciatica acts up and my hips are below my knees.
yeah sedans are fine with kids too, if they're roomy enough. the extra space is nice when you are using car seats, particularly the removable ones that pop into strollers. having the extra room to constantly pop the bulky seat in and out is helpful.

leemajors
02-19-2021, 08:04 PM
yeah sedans are fine with kids too, if they're roomy enough. the extra space is nice when you are using car seats, particularly the removable ones that pop into strollers. having the extra room to constantly pop the bulky seat in and out is helpful.

Yeah, definitely not as much of an issue when they face forward though. And holy shit, my daughter is 16 in a few weeks. Time flies.

ElNono
02-19-2021, 09:48 PM

Congrats. Lexus are solid and very reliable. I also looked at a RAV4 back in the day, but I made the mistake of checking out the RX 330 first. Then the RAV4 looked like all plastic. I don't really like driving, so having comfort is at the top of my list.

ElNono
02-19-2021, 09:50 PM

Heated seats were amazing when I lived in the NE... after cleaning up the car from all the snow, it was great to go in, sit down and warm up.

Spurtacular
02-19-2021, 10:01 PM
Honestly my only complaint about the CR-V is that so many other people have the exact same model and color, so I've approached the wrong car in the parking lot more times than I can count.

That may be the biggest deuche car of all-time. No surprise that you got one.

FkLA
02-19-2021, 10:18 PM

https://di-uploads-pod16.dealerinspire.com/hagerstownhonda/uploads/2019/07/2019-honda-crv-banner.png

spurraider21
02-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Not including pickup trucks, the highest selling vehicles in 2020 were the RAV4 and the CR-V

Millennial_Messiah
02-20-2021, 12:24 AM
Not including pickup trucks, the highest selling vehicles in 2020 were the RAV4 and the CR-V

Yeah, I don't get the craze with crossovers, they're literally the lamest invention in the auto industry. Neither the hauling capability of a pickup truck, nor the seating capacity of a real SUV (actual SUVs have 3rd row seating), nor the flexilbility/ease of drive/fuel economy of a sedan... basically a crossover is the wussiest, worst of all worlds.

spurraider21
02-20-2021, 12:25 AM
Millennial_Messiah (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=50493)
Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).View Post (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289411&p=10437481#post10437481)

Remove user from ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=50493)

Adam Lambert
02-20-2021, 01:51 AM

It's not Deuche, it's Japanese.

benefactor
02-20-2021, 02:14 AM
Well I guess I'll be the impractical one. I've always been more of a driver and not a commuter.

2013 Mustang GT. High flow intake, axle back flowmasters, Bama race tune. Third gear pushing it over 6000 will make you breathe deep.

My daughter is gone and it's just my wife and I. It's body style I've always wanted. I feel like it combines all the best elements of the newer Mustangs. Mid life crisis? Maybe...but fuck it. She's a hell of a lot of fun and a nice way to burn stress.

spurraider21
02-20-2021, 05:05 AM
Well I guess I'll be the impractical one. I've always been more of a driver and not a commuter.

2013 Mustang GT. High flow intake, axle back flowmasters, Bama race tune. Third gear pushing it over 6000 will make you breathe deep.

My daughter is gone and it's just my wife and I. It's body style I've always wanted. I feel like it combines all the best elements of the newer Mustangs. Mid life crisis? Maybe...but fuck it. She's a hell of a lot of fun and a nice way to burn stress.
My old mans the same way. He’s always recommending performance vehicles. Even knowing i was SUV hunting he kept asking if i was looking into versions with turbo :lol

loves stick shifts, etc. before the recession he was driving a 2003 Z06. Still his favorite car he ever owned

Xevious
02-20-2021, 08:45 AM
My old mans the same way. He’s always recommending performance vehicles. Even knowing i was SUV hunting he kept asking if i was looking into versions with turbo :lol

loves stick shifts, etc. before the recession he was driving a 2003 Z06. Still his favorite car he ever owned
Every vehicle I owned before I was married was manuel transmission. If it were more commonplace now, and the wife could drive it, I'd still be buying sticks.

spurraider21
02-20-2021, 10:52 AM
Every vehicle I owned before I was married was manuel transmission. If it were more commonplace now, and the wife could drive it, I'd still be buying sticks.
Caveman

Xevious
02-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Caveman
:lol Maybe

I just thought it was fun to have more control over the vehicle. I'd still look for a stick if I was going to buy a sports car.

Darth_Pelican
02-20-2021, 02:01 PM
My 2013 VW Jetta still runs like a champ. I got it new when they had a .99% financing promo back then. I liked the free synthetic oil changes and maintenance that came with it every 10k miles for the 1st 30k miles. My 7 year 70k warranty is expired but no problems yet. No reason for a car note at this time.

Millennial_Messiah
02-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

View Post (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289411&p=10437481#post10437481)
Remove user from ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=50493)

I would try that last link out, tbh. :tu

lefty20
02-20-2021, 02:50 PM
I'm still driving my old 2007 Camry. I'll likely be upgrading to a 2018 Camry XSE some time year. I'm a simple man when it comes to cars.

NASpurs
02-20-2021, 05:22 PM
Anyone here accessorize or mod their cars?

I was reading this article about HUDs and that shit looks so sick :lol

https://www.reviewgeek.com/71078/the-best-heads-up-displays-for-your-car/

I wanna put one on my Bimmer.

Xevious
02-20-2021, 05:49 PM
Tbh I drive 2012 5.7 L Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab. I bought it new thinking at the time that I'd buy a smallish travel trailer. I never ended up getting the trailer, but I still like the truck. It only has 60k miles or so, and I have no interest in getting a different vehicle. My wife has gone through a couple kid haulers in that time.

pgardn
02-20-2021, 06:27 PM
Utility only guy.

2001 Chevy Silverado. Tail gate rotted off due to an abundance of offloading and onloading a kayak.
During ice storms this truck absolutely sucks. The rear end slides all over the place, very light. But I love this truck. Especially loud inside, electrical problems occurring constantly to the displays, barely any room for passengers. (Who needs M)
Reached 201,000 miles because I treat her like a slave.

Got a really crappy Ford Fiesta used because she has gear shifting problems due to computer sensing your pedal pressure. Cheap. Very good gas mileage and I keep her running. My dog loves this tiny, unsafe vehicle.

I hate my wife's F-250 Ford Truck. Its way too comfy, quiet, and too much cab room with a too small bed. But it can tow a horse trailer with horses. I Will not take this gas guzzler off her hands as my kayak wont fit the bed properly.

SpursforSix
02-20-2021, 06:51 PM
Tbh I drive 2012 5.7 L Ram 1500 4x4 crew cab. I bought it new thinking at the time that I'd buy a smallish travel trailer. I never ended up getting the trailer, but I still like the truck. It only has 60k miles or so, and I have no interest in getting a different vehicle. My wife has gone through a couple kid haulers in that time.
Damn...only 60k since 2012.

Xevious
02-20-2021, 07:14 PM
Yeah I don't have a long commute to work and we're in the wife's vehicle 99% of the time because it has more room for the kids and shit.

DMC
02-21-2021, 04:41 PM

My 2012 Ram 2500 only has 9K miles.

Millennial_Messiah
02-21-2021, 04:51 PM

According to multiple dealership / service experts, that actually isn't good for the car... cars last longer when they're driven 8K-15K miles per year and not less and not too much more.

Millennial_Messiah
02-21-2021, 04:52 PM
My 2012 Ram 2500 only has 9K miles.

Wow, that's some Ferrari/Lamborghini/Mclaren shit, tbh.

Monostradamus
02-22-2021, 01:01 PM
^Still gets rides from his mom

ChumpDumper
02-22-2021, 01:10 PM
The hell is a deuche?

spurraider21
02-22-2021, 02:00 PM
Anyone here accessorize or mod their cars?

I was reading this article about HUDs and that shit looks so sick :lol

https://www.reviewgeek.com/71078/the-best-heads-up-displays-for-your-car/

I wanna put one on my Bimmer.
i've never been that into it. some people are car enthusiasts, some see them purely as tools. i tend to fall in the latter category. though some accessories are practically useful too. HUDs like that are cool though. my dad's old z06 had a windshield projected hud like some of the pics in there

Monostradamus
02-22-2021, 04:44 PM
HUD’s are awesome tbh. Being able to check your speed without ever taking your eyes off the road makes a way bigger difference than you’d think, even for those split seconds. Once you get one you won’t want to drive without it.

spurraider21
02-22-2021, 07:13 PM
HUD’s are awesome tbh. Being able to check your speed without ever taking your eyes off the road makes a way bigger difference than you’d think, even for those split seconds. Once you get one you won’t want to drive without it.
one thing i hate about the subaru we picked up is that there's only an analog speedometer, fucking arhcaig. some of the other cars we looked at like comparable kias/hyundais had the analog dial but then also had the digital one in the middle. even my old-ass civic has the giant neon blue digital speedometer just below the windshield that was

NASpurs
02-23-2021, 01:28 AM
i've never been that into it. some people are car enthusiasts, some see them purely as tools. i tend to fall in the latter category. though some accessories are practically useful too. HUDs like that are cool though. my dad's old z06 had a windshield projected hud like some of the pics in there

Oh yeah, I meant the ones that improve safety and make driving more tolerable are game changers.

Backup cameras that display on your rear view mirror or console
HUD displays
Mirrors (or cameras) that help with your blind spots
White led lights on your head lamps that better illuminate night time driving

That last one though... fuck the assholes who get leds and blind oncoming traffic. Big pet peeve of mine.

Robz4000
02-23-2021, 02:28 AM
I'm about to hit the market for a new car myself. Thinking of going with Hyundai Elantra, but my brother just got a 2020 Toyota Corolla that I like.

Millennial_Messiah
02-23-2021, 09:03 AM
I'm about to hit the market for a new car myself. Thinking of going with Hyundai Elantra, but my brother just got a 2020 Toyota Corolla that I like.

Good decision, although if you're going with the Corolla/Camry I'd suggest a hybrid, it's not much more and it pays for itself since gas is sharply on the rise. But Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi's are trash tier brands and unreliable. For sedans only get a Toyota or Honda.

Also Corollas 2018 and later, and Camry's 2021 and later have that ugly sticker-upper tablet for a dashboard instead of the traditional dashboard, I hate it. It's like someone gorilla-glued a tablet to the dashboard and it's fugly and obstructs driving vision.

spurraider21
02-23-2021, 10:15 AM
Oh yeah, I meant the ones that improve safety and make driving more tolerable are game changers.

HUD displays

That last one though... fuck the assholes who get leds and blind oncoming traffic. Big pet peeve of mine.
Hard to find a car without a backup camera these days :lol

buy agreed on all that stuff. Especially the led lights. Feel like high beams when you’re facing them

spurraider21
02-23-2021, 10:22 AM
For that size, I’d limit my search to a Corolla or Civic. Test drive them, see what options are available on trims at price range you’re looking at. Both of those models are tried and true, cost effective, fuel efficient, reliable, etc.

elantra will probably compare pretty well with them tbh, but with the civic/Corolla you have more reason to believe it will be a hassle free vehicle to own

NASpurs
02-23-2021, 12:35 PM
Hard to find a car without a backup camera these days :lol

buy agreed on all that stuff. Especially the led lights. Feel like high beams when you’re facing them

Which is funny because it’s a chicken and egg kind of thing, which came first the mod or backup cams basically being standardized now? But yeah, most after market modifications are made out of necessity and car makers copy those ideas and eventually standardize them.

leemajors
02-23-2021, 10:51 PM

HUD displays

In my mid 40s and those LED lights get worse as I get older.

spurraider21
03-04-2021, 07:21 PM
i just picked up a 2018 forester
:lol wife already gave the front bumper a nice scrape on a concrete pillar

SpursforSix
03-04-2021, 07:33 PM
:lol wife already gave the front bumper a nice scrape on a concrete pillar

that was fast

FkLA
03-04-2021, 07:36 PM
smh women and driving

spurraider21
03-04-2021, 07:37 PM
that was fast
part of me wants to just tell her to take our beater civic every day, but with spurraider jr in the oven, want that thing as safe as possible

Millennial_Messiah
03-04-2021, 08:09 PM
part of me wants to just tell her to take our beater civic every day, but with spurraider jr in the oven, want that thing as safe as possible

:wow :wow :wow OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

DMC
03-06-2021, 06:35 PM

Or somebody jr tbh

spurraider21
03-06-2021, 07:40 PM
Or somebody jr tbh
Your mom jr

lebomb
03-08-2021, 08:19 AM
Good decision, although if you're going with the Corolla/Camry I'd suggest a hybrid, it's not much more and it pays for itself since gas is sharply on the rise.

For the difference in price to purchase the hybrid over a conventional 4cyl, you will need to buy like $8,000 or more in gas to make up the difference. Hybrids are not worth it unless you just want to help the environment a bit. They will not save you money in the long run. Well, only if you keep that Hybrid for 15yrs.

spurraider21
03-08-2021, 03:59 PM
For the difference in price to purchase the hybrid over a conventional 4cyl, you will need to buy like $8,000 or more in gas to make up the difference. Hybrids are not worth it unless you just want to help the environment a bit. They will not save you money in the long run. Well, only if you keep that Hybrid for 15yrs.
depending on where you live and what gas prices look like, it could be worthwhile.

when i was living in LA, my drive to work and back was 25 miles each way. my wife's drive to school around that time was about 18 miles each way. and while a lot of that was highway driving, some of the highways in LA during typical rush hours dont perform any better than city/streets.

on a camry, the difference between the regular and hybrid is 23mpg in city, and 14mpg highway. thats pretty massive if you're somebody who has a decent daily commute. gas prices in LA are also considerably higher than where i live now

the difference in costs between a 2021 camry and a 2021 camry hybrid is about $2,500 just by running a basic search. i was easily spending ~2000 on gas per year (likely more if i sat down and thought about it). if i could improve fuel efficiency by the amount listed above, id easily have made all the money back by year 3

Millennial_Messiah
03-08-2021, 04:26 PM
depending on where you live and what gas prices look like, it could be worthwhile.

when i was living in LA, my drive to work and back was 25 miles each way. my wife's drive to school around that time was about 18 miles each way. and while a lot of that was highway driving, some of the highways in LA during typical rush hours dont perform any better than city/streets.

on a camry, the difference between the regular and hybrid is 23mpg in city, and 14mpg highway. thats pretty massive if you're somebody who has a decent daily commute. gas prices in LA are also considerably higher than where i live now

the difference in costs between a 2021 camry and a 2021 camry hybrid is about $2,500 just by running a basic search. i was easily spending ~2000 on gas per year (likely more if i sat down and thought about it). if i could improve fuel efficiency by the amount listed above, id easily have made all the money back by year 3

Yeah if you live in California, Pennsylvania or really anywhere on the west coast, having a hybrid pays for itself in gas cost reductions in like a year or two at most.

spurraider21
03-08-2021, 04:49 PM
Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

spurraider21
08-26-2021, 06:38 PM
my old ass 2008 civic got rear ended today. nothing serious ,but the trunk was caved in enough where a part of it is popped out, to the point where i looks like if it rains, water is going to get in. would rather the thing just got totaled tbh :lol

BD24
08-26-2021, 06:49 PM
my old ass 2008 civic got rear ended today. nothing serious ,but the trunk was caved in enough where a part of it is popped out, to the point where i looks like if it rains, water is going to get in. would rather the thing just got totaled tbh :lol
Surprised they didn’t consider that a total loss with how old the car is. I had an old 2004 Camry back in 2012 and it got side swiped. They considered it a total loss and paid me out the value

spurraider21
08-26-2021, 06:52 PM
Surprised they didn’t consider that a total loss with how old the car is. I had an old 2004 Camry back in 2012 and it got side swiped. They considered it a total loss and paid me out the value
just happened with my wife driving this morning, i havent gotten it assessed yet. Though it’s only got 130k miles on it, so I’m skeptical theyd call it a total loss

its especially annoying because just last month our newer car (from the OP) got popped in a hit and run, so we just finished with that claim/repair :lol

spurraider21
03-28-2023, 04:03 PM
while i dont have an imminent need (maybe year or so down the road)... my god when peeking at the used car market, prices are just astronomical. comparing to about 2 years ago at this time, its night and day

pgardn
03-28-2023, 08:19 PM
while i dont have an imminent need (maybe year or so down the road)... my god when peeking at the used car market, prices are just astronomical. comparing to about 2 years ago at this time, its night and day

I have a Chevy Silverado with 220,000 miles and a rotted out tail gate so I made a nice wood one that slots in nicely with some rails I put in.
I have, in the last month, received 3 different offers for my truck with dings all over it as well.
Two paper offers with phone numbers and one offer at the gas station.

That truck is so useful I would not sell it except for a new truck. I know all the inconsistencies in warning lights, door opening, window up and down, air conditioning, oil, and they still want the damn thing.
I would have to spend an hour on explaining how to operate it properly.
That baby will die in my driveway.
If i am very lucky.
I expect the likelihood is she dies on a highway down to the gulf.

leemajors
03-29-2023, 08:05 AM

Yeah that market is pretty rough right now. Was hard to find a new car 2 years ago

Xevious
03-29-2023, 05:24 PM
Yeah that market is pretty rough right now. Was hard to find a new car 2 years ago

It still is depending on what you're looking for. My brother recently bought a Bronco and of the three lots he looked at, there was only one available. He had to outbid somebody else for it. He probably could've gotten a better deal had he been more patient, but that's him. It's nice and all, but I about shit my pants when I heard what he paid for it.

I'm still driving my 2012 Ram and I'll probably just stay in that as long as it runs. My wife is going to want a different vehicle at some point, not looking forward to that.

spurraider21
03-29-2023, 05:30 PM
It still is depending on what you're looking for. My brother recently bought a Bronco and of the three lots he looked at, there was only one available. He had to outbid somebody else for it. He probably could've gotten a better deal had he been more patient, but that's him. It's nice and all, but I about shit my pants when I heard what he paid for it.

I'm still driving my 2012 Ram and I'll probably just stay in that as long as it runs. My wife is going to want a different vehicle at some point, not looking forward to that.
right now we only have 1 child friendly car (2018 forester). other car we have is actually my first car, an 08 civic coupe. we're ok with just the subaru for child purposes as of now, but we'll probably need to have 2 at some point down the line. i just wanted to peek and the market, and man. i could sell my forester right now for more than i bought it for lol

Xevious
03-29-2023, 05:38 PM
right now we only have 1 child friendly car (2018 forester). other car we have is actually my first car, an 08 civic coupe. we're ok with just the subaru for child purposes as of now, but we'll probably need to have 2 at some point down the line. i just wanted to peek and the market, and man. i could sell my forester right now for more than i bought it for lol

Yep, it's ridiculous. According to KBB, my eleven-year-old truck really isn't that far off from the original purchase price.

leemajors
03-29-2023, 05:51 PM

When my girlfriend bought a RAV4 almost two years ago, they were taking deposits on them before they shipped from overseas. She had contacted dealerships all over the state, it was nuts. She can sell it for a good amount over what she paid for it still.

SpursforSix
03-30-2023, 11:24 AM
I've got an 8 year old Honda Pilot. First car I've ever paid off. 230,000 miles on it. Blue Book is saying it's got a trade in from $5,000-$7,000. Whereas, I wouldn't pay $2000 for it. I'll keep it until the wheels fall off. I don't really drive anyone around anymore now that my kid is out of the house. Basically just drive it to work and back and to run errands. Wife's vehicle is also paid off. I really didn't think I'd care about that but not having any car payments is pretty awesome. It's hard to justify buying something else right now. My dad used to drive his cars into the ground and would always say, "It gets me from Point A to Point B". When I was younger, I thought that was bullshit. But now, I get it.

Xevious
03-30-2023, 11:39 AM
I've got an 8 year old Honda Pilot. First car I've ever paid off. 230,000 miles on it. Blue Book is saying it's got a trade in from $5,000-$7,000. Whereas, I wouldn't pay $2000 for it. I'll keep it until the wheels fall off. I don't really drive anyone around anymore now that my kid is out of the house. Basically just drive it to work and back and to run errands. Wife's vehicle is also paid off. I really didn't think I'd care about that but not having any car payments is pretty awesome. It's hard to justify buying something else right now. My dad used to drive his cars into the ground and would always say, "It gets me from Point A to Point B". When I was younger, I thought that was bullshit. But now, I get it.
100%

I've not had a car payment in years. The last two cars I bought were for cash (used obviously). It makes a huge difference.

spurraider21
03-30-2023, 01:37 PM

100%

I've not had a car payment in years. The last two cars I bought were for cash (used obviously). It makes a huge difference.
yep. bought our forester cash (certified pre-owned). will almost certainly do that with our next vehicle as well. but kinda depends on our living situation. cost of living here in VA is cheap enough where i could still overpay right now and get away with it.

but we still have long term aspirations to wind up back in LA (its where all our family/friends are). only thing is we dont know exactly when that is. it will be about 1 years time until we find our where my wife will get matched into residency. if that keeps us here in VA, or someplace in the midwest that is comparatively cheap to live, would make the car buying decision a lot less stressful. if we wind up heading back to LA area immediately, thats a game changer because housing cost there is so much more expensive, it becomes harder to just part with ~30k+ cash while simultaneously trying to set up a big down payment for place to live

hoping to put off buying the new car until that point so we can adequately plan. kid #2 is due around november, but as long as i'm still working from home we can probably get away with putting that decision off for a few months past that. my ideal vehicle is probably the sienna hybrid, but those are particularly hard to come by

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 10:06 AM
yep. bought our forester cash (certified pre-owned). will almost certainly do that with our next vehicle as well. but kinda depends on our living situation. cost of living here in VA is cheap enough where i could still overpay right now and get away with it.

but we still have long term aspirations to wind up back in LA (its where all our family/friends are). only thing is we dont know exactly when that is. it will be about 1 years time until we find our where my wife will get matched into residency. if that keeps us here in VA, or someplace in the midwest that is comparatively cheap to live, would make the car buying decision a lot less stressful. if we wind up heading back to LA area immediately, thats a game changer because housing cost there is so much more expensive, it becomes harder to just part with ~30k+ cash while simultaneously trying to set up a big down payment for place to live

hoping to put off buying the new car until that point so we can adequately plan. kid #2 is due around november, but as long as i'm still working from home we can probably get away with putting that decision off for a few months past that. my ideal vehicle is probably the sienna hybrid, but those are particularly hard to come by

That's a lot of variables to take into account. It's hard for me to imagine moving somewhere with a higher living expense because it's such a game changer. I've seriously been looking at moving to Costa Rica or Panama in the next year or two.

spurraider21
03-31-2023, 11:04 AM
That's a lot of variables to take into account. It's hard for me to imagine moving somewhere with a higher living expense because it's such a game changer. I've seriously been looking at moving to Costa Rica or Panama in the next year or two.
I wouldn’t go back to LA at this point if it wasn’t for family/friends. I like the city but can’t justify the cost of living tbh. Granted once my wife starts making physician money and we actually have 2 incomes we should be able to make it work after a few years

the financial planning part of me definitely doesn’t want her residency to be in LA :lol

SpursforSix
03-31-2023, 11:15 AM
I wouldn’t go back to LA at this point if it wasn’t for family/friends. I like the city but can’t justify the cost of living tbh. Granted once my wife starts making physician money and we actually have 2 incomes we should be able to make it work after a few years

I hear you. That's a touch decision (at least for me) to sacrifice savings for being near family. That being said, other than my daughter, all of my immediate relatives have passed away so it's pretty easy for me to justify moving anywhere that's cheaper where I can still enjoy the basic stuff. My wife has a huge family but they're close enough to see them in a few hours drive.

spurraider21
03-31-2023, 11:50 AM
I hear you. That's a touch decision (at least for me) to sacrifice savings for being near family. That being said, other than my daughter, all of my immediate relatives have passed away so it's pretty easy for me to justify moving anywhere that's cheaper where I can still enjoy the basic stuff. My wife has a huge family but they're close enough to see them in a few hours drive.
yeah we have a pretty big extended family almost exclusively in LA

Xevious
03-31-2023, 02:57 PM
:lol The wife and I have considered moving across the country to get AWAY from our families... but we haven't pulled that trigger yet.

spurraider21
03-31-2023, 03:34 PM
:lol The wife and I have considered moving across the country to get AWAY from our families... but we haven't pulled that trigger yet.
:lol tbh its actually been pretty great these last few years being on our own out east. its just gotten complicated since having our first kid. want him to be around his grandparents, cousins, etc

TDMVPDPOY
04-01-2023, 06:02 PM
When my girlfriend bought a RAV4 almost two years ago, they were taking deposits on them before they shipped from overseas. She had contacted dealerships all over the state, it was nuts. She can sell it for a good amount over what she paid for it still.

pos brand knows theres high demand for it, so they take their time making it....down here is like a 12-18month wait since deposit, and when they have tech upgrades during ur wait, u get slug the difference on delivery... got clowns also selling it for a profit cause ppl willing to pay not to wait, or just individual economic problems atm

im looking at the new honday crv 2023 model which has been on sale in the states for more then a year now....which isnt even on sale or in any showrooms yet down here, as soon there is one, im purchasing one or any competitor that sells stock on the spot...fck this waiting crap

benefactor
04-01-2023, 07:39 PM
100k on the Mustang and still going strong. She gets paid off in a few months.