PDA

View Full Version : Judas and the Black Messiah - Movie Review!!!!!!!

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 12:30 PM
Watched it about 5 days ago before electricity started going out.

Reviews were saying it was the movie of the year. I don't know about that.
It was good. Not great. I think I liked Blackkkklansman a little more.

Both are 7/10 for me.

Trill Clinton
02-19-2021, 01:21 PM
I loved it. Crazy that Fred was only 21 at the time of his passing and William was only 17 when he became an informant.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 01:33 PM
I loved it. Crazy that Fred was only 21 at the time of his passing and William was only 17 when he became an informant.

Yeah...that is pretty amazing that a 21 year old had that kind of ability to orate and inspire that many people to get behind him.

LaMarcus Bryant
02-19-2021, 01:34 PM
Their age tripped me out as well.

Movie was okay. Sad as fuck. I can see it being a bigger deal to younger audiences that are unaware of the history there.

Reviews were saying it was the movie of the year. I don't know about that.
It was good. Not great. I think I liked Blackkkklansman a little more.

I liked this a little better than the latter.

SpursforSix
02-19-2021, 02:09 PM

Movie was okay. Sad as fuck. I can see it being a bigger deal to younger audiences that are unaware of the history there.

Yeah...they're pretty close. Also, while watching Judas, I was starting to become pretty distracted with the weather coming in and worrying about covering pipes and shit. Going to the bathroom every so often to check the water pressure. Wondering if I should have bought an extra case of water and all that shit.

leemajors
02-19-2021, 02:15 PM

J Edgar Hoover was one evil fuck.

Chucho
02-19-2021, 02:28 PM
J Edgar Hoover was one evil fuck.

When you look at it historically, there might not ever as been a man as powerful as J Edgar in this country, ever.