PDA

View Full Version : Who would Orlando want for Nikola Vucevic?

kht
03-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Orlando is in a strange predicament. They would be knocking on the door of a 4 seed if they didn't have injuries to their best players.

Anyhow, who could they possibly want for Kikola Vucevic?

Vassell? Lonnie Walker? Would we need to take on Fultz as salary dump?

RC_Drunkford
03-09-2021, 04:21 PM
DeRozan. They been wanting him ever since we got him

exstatic
03-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Does this really need its own thread? There’s already a robust Vuc discussion in the trade deadline thread, including a tweet projecting what ORL would want.

Teamduncan21
03-09-2021, 08:48 PM
DeRozan. They been wanting him ever since we got him

https://youtu.be/tcUh_InsSUw?t=147 (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcUh_InsSUw)

BacktoBasics
03-09-2021, 10:32 PM
Lol @ Fultz as a salary dump. This forum is ridiculous and hard to read at times.

exstatic
03-09-2021, 11:13 PM
Lol @ Fultz as a salary dump. This forum is ridiculous and hard to read at times.

They are often just behind the times. Fultz would have been considered a salary dump 3 years ago. Vuc would have been a good pickup then, too.

BacktoBasics
03-10-2021, 02:01 PM
They are often just behind the times. Fultz would have been considered a salary dump 3 years ago. Vuc would have been a good pickup then, too.

That I can agree with. Wasn’t he literally dumped for a 2nd? He was making huge progress before the injury.

cd98
03-10-2021, 03:10 PM
We overvalue our young players. It's possible that none of them ever amount to a better player than Vucevic. That said, he doesn't fit the Spur timeline for legit competing for a title, so I don't see why they would give up their youth or draft picks for him. Probably just seeing what the asking price is before moving on.

PrimeMinister
03-10-2021, 03:17 PM
I don’t think it’s about overvaluing or undervaluing young players

to me- the proposition of trading for Vucevic is derailing the idea of building a promising team through the draft and instead making the mistake of selling off pieces of your young group for 2 years of a pseudo star player who in my opinion doesn’t even play a position of need for the spurs at this time.

without even mentioning Lonnie and why selling low on a player you have under team control for the foreseeable future is IMO myopic and an extension of the need for instant gratification, just dealing a first rounder doesn’t make sense to me. For me to entertain the idea, i need to be convinced that the 2 and a half years of Vucevic and whatever we can do in that time frame is more valuable than the prospect of keeping our young core together+ the potential to add to them in the coming draft. I don’t think that case can be made. And then add in people throwing in multiple picks? Get outtaaaaaaaaaa here.

Chinook
03-10-2021, 03:20 PM
To me, it's not about timelines. There's a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc right now. Jakob is that superlative of a defender. If the Spurs didn't have Poeltl (or if the Spurs find a way to trade him to acquire someone of equal impact at a different position, I guess), then adding Vuc to DeRozan and Murray/White could make sense. But it doesn't make sense to pay so much for a moderate upgrade, especially since the team would potentially give up a guy like Vassell, who'd be a big part of replacing the defensive impact Poeltl has. It's a bad use of resources. The team should absolutely consider spending (and FFS, they should trying to trade the 2021 pick over future picks -- no idea why folks keep trying to trade the double-draft pick that could easily be in the lottery if DeRozan leaves). But they should look to do so with the plan to make subsequent win-now moves over the next year or so, not just to try to eek out a few more victories this year before fizzling out.

LeBowen
03-10-2021, 04:08 PM
There's a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc right now

:lol

Chinook
03-10-2021, 04:13 PM

Seriously. When it comes to per-minute impact, it's not even close. Vuc is getting overrated, somehow by the same fanbase that's so critical of DeRozan.

LeBowen
03-10-2021, 04:26 PM
Seriously. When it comes to per-minute impact, it's not even close. Vuc is getting overrated, somehow by the same fanbase that's so critical of DeRozan.

Especially in those clutch minutes when one of them has to be taken out to prevent hack-a-Jak.

I think Jakob is a very good big for modern NBA, but as I wrote the other day, there are way too many flaws in his game for him to play more than 20, maybe 25mpg on a serious playoff team.
Sets good screens and that's it as far as offense is concerned. Settles for soft layups instead of easy dunks, has absolutely no moves and just attempts those push shots. One of the worst FT shooters in the league.

Great defender, but still really foul prone.

Then you look at the rest of the roster. DJ, Derrick, Devin and Keldon are the projected future starters. All of them will be or already are great defenders. None of them, except for maybe Devin will ever be elite 3pt shooters.
Now, do you want someone like Poeltl who's a huge negative on offense to play with them or you want Vucevic who's sheer presence and spacing would allow a lot of easy points.

Something has to give. Either we trade some of the young guys for better shooters, or we get a shooting big. For example Turner would be an ideal fit.
But DJ+Keldon+Jakob lineups won't work in playoff games for extended minutes.

Btw, Vucevic is averaging nearly 25/12/4 on 48/41/85. With a great contract.
There are no mental gymnastics that can convince me 7/7 player has bigger impact.
Especially in today's league where you're not allowed to play defense in a lot of situations and especially considering the rest of our roster.

Dejounte
03-10-2021, 04:32 PM
There are no mental gymnastics needed to see how our defense improved a shit ton and has resulted in more wins. I think people forget how we looked early on in the season when neither of our centers had it going. When no one is there to anchor the defense in the middle, our team defense suffers a great deal. We have a top 10 defense for the first time in a long time and it's evident Poeltl is the cause of it.

People are ready to see our defense turn to shit again. I'm not.

LeBowen
03-10-2021, 04:39 PM
People are ready to see our defense turn to shit again. I'm not.

Me neither, that's why I said Turner would be a perfect fit.

Unless Jakob somehow improves his FT% to at least 65%, he'll always be a liability.

Tbh, we shouldn't even be talking about Vucevic because all the reports say Magic wants a lot of assets back.
I just don't think there's a universe where Jakob is a better player than someone averaging 25/12/4 on great percentages. And it's not like Vucevic is awful on defense.

As far as I'm concerned, I still wouldn't trade anyone other than 4 veterans. Lonnie and a first if a great player is available.
Now that Luka is starting to look like he has some serious potential, I don't even want Collins anymore.

We like what we have. :pop:

Dejounte
03-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Me neither, that's why I said Turner would be a perfect fit.

Unless Jakob somehow improves his FT% to at least 65%, he'll always be a liability.

Tbh, we shouldn't even be talking about Vucevic because all the reports say Magic wants a lot of assets back.
I just don't think there's a universe where Jakob is a better player than someone averaging 25/12/4 on great percentages. And it's not like Vucevic is awful on defense.

As far as I'm concerned, I still wouldn't trade anyone other than 4 veterans. Lonnie and a first if a great player is available.
Now that Luka is starting to look like he has some serious potential, I don't even want Collins anymore.

We like what we have. :pop:

I think one factor to consider when looking at available bigs (to bolster the offensive production from the center rotation) in the free agent market or by trade is if we can find it elsewhere for cheap. I think the Spurs always take this approach so as to maximize their roster. Is Turner special enough that they can't find a similar big they can develop from the draft? Since when you select a big from the draft, you have a clean template... You get to "choose" the personality type, if not the set of skills you can build upon. If Luka is looking like a special player, why can't we look for a Turner type in the draft that we can build up to be better than the original version? Why invest now in a player who will clog up the salary cap? Are the Spurs that much in a hurry? At this point, I think the answer is no... Just some things to think about.

exstatic
03-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Especially in those clutch minutes when one of them has to be taken out to prevent hack-a-Jak.

I think Jakob is a very good big for modern NBA, but as I wrote the other day, there are way too many flaws in his game for him to play more than 20, maybe 25mpg on a serious playoff team.
Sets good screens and that's it as far as offense is concerned. Settles for soft layups instead of easy dunks, has absolutely no moves and just attempts those push shots. One of the worst FT shooters in the league.

Then you look at the rest of the roster. DJ, Derrick, Devin and Keldon are the projected future starters. All of them will be or already are great defenders. None of them, except for maybe Devin will ever be elite 3pt shooters.
Now, do you want someone like Poeltl who's a huge negative on offense to play with them or you want Vucevic who's sheer presence and spacing would allow a lot of easy points.

Something has to give. Either we trade some of the young guys for better shooters, or we get a shooting big. For example Turner would be an ideal fit.

There are no mental gymnastics that can convince me 7/7 player has bigger impact.
Especially in today's league where you're not allowed to play defense in a lot of situations and especially considering the rest of our roster.

They want DJ, Poeltl, and picks. You’re basically gutting the D for a three years ago version of LMA.

exstatic
03-10-2021, 04:54 PM
I think one factor to consider when looking at available bigs (to bolster the offensive production from the center rotation) in the free agent market or by trade is if we can find it elsewhere for cheap. I think the Spurs always take this approach so as to maximize their roster. Is Turner special enough that they can't find a similar big they can develop from the draft? Since when you select a big from the draft, you have a clean template... You get to "choose" the personality type, if not the set of skills you can build upon. If Luka is looking like a special player, why can't we look for a Turner type in the draft that we can build up to be better than the original version? Why invest now in a player who will clog up the salary cap? Are the Spurs that much in a hurry? At this point, I think the answer is no... Just some things to think about.

Houston was in a hurry. Three years ago, they were in the WCFs. Now, they’re in the basement floor of the outhouse. They won’t even be where we are for 4 years, and that’s assuming they actually can develop players like we do.

Dejounte
03-10-2021, 04:56 PM
CMP8P9MDu66

Here's Patty giving an example of what makes Poeltl special beyond the box score. Answer: screen assists.

R. DeMurre
03-10-2021, 05:01 PM
All the arguments for Poeltl over Vucevic are nearly identical to the ones in the Conley over DeRozan debate. Interesting.

That's kinda why I don't see a need for DeRozan or Vucevic on the Spurs.

Dejounte
03-10-2021, 05:04 PM
Houston was in a hurry. Three years ago, they were in the WCFs. Now, they’re in the basement floor of the outhouse. They won’t even be where we are for 4 years, and that’s assuming they actually can develop players like we do.

Well, they were pressured by their diva star. That's why the Spurs are selective with their drafting process - character matters a huge deal for them. Unfortunately, the process is not always perfect... Which is how you end up with Nephews and Marcus Morrises. I'm sure they've tightened it up since then.

Chinook
03-10-2021, 06:31 PM

So Poeltl isn't a huge negative on offense. He is a slight negative because of how he started the year, but there's no reason why he can't have the same offensive impact, say, Tiago Splitter had. You're also ignoring that he is arguably the single best defender in the league this season. He's still one of the top net-impact players because his defense is that good.

I don't think it's a good plan to count of guys like White and Johnson to be long-term pieces. They have to develop/stay healthy. When you're talking about actually trying to improve beyond the current tier, you can't just project keeping a bunch of young players for years. Some folks will have to be trade -- not just in a Vucevic trade, but in general. DeRozan, obviously, is way better than the current young guards. And that's not just a now vs later thing. He's better than you can realistically expect any of the young guards to be. By far, if the Spurs are considering acquiring an older vet like Vuc, the plan should be to build around him, DeRozan, Murray or White, Vassell or Johnson or Walker, and some fifth player the team sells most of their other young players to get. The plan definitely shouldn't be to trade for Vuc and then roll with a down-graded perimeter and few assets to acquire more talent.

Chinook
03-10-2021, 06:36 PM
All the arguments for Poeltl over Vucevic are nearly identical to the ones in the Conley over DeRozan debate. Interesting.

Wut? Most of us aren't saying Poeltl is obviously better than Vucevic. It's more like they already have Poeltl and thus don't need to pay assets to get a guy who will split minutes with him. If they were both free agents and the team had enough cap space to sign either, then the debate would be completely different. What tips this into obvious-no territory is the idea of giving up Poeltl plus assets, while also giving up on 2021 cap space. In a vacuum, a DeRozan/Vuc pairing would likely be better than what they have no, provided they had the means to add more complimentary players and try to push for a trade for a big star.

R. DeMurre
03-10-2021, 07:13 PM
Wut? Most of us aren't saying Poeltl is obviously better than Vucevic. .

You literally posted There's a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc right now and then followed it up with Seriously. When it comes to per-minute impact, it's not even close.

If I was wrong in reading that as you saying that Poeltl was better than Vuc, then I apologize.

Chinook
03-10-2021, 09:09 PM
You literally posted There's a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc right now and then followed it up with Seriously. When it comes to per-minute impact, it's not even close.

If I was wrong in reading that as you saying that Poeltl was better than Vuc, then I apologize.

There is a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc, but by that same extension, there's a legit argument that Vuc is better. And while the per-minute stats aren't close, the overall stats are way closer because Poeltl doesn't seem as capable of playing big minutes consistently.

Folks upthread were arguing that the Spurs have the perimeter defenders to make up for the expected defensive drop-off. If acquiring Vuc was just straight-up for Poeltl, I think you could make a good argument that it's the better long-term play. The players are close enough to where you keep the guy you have and use the assets on a position of greater need. Basically a player at any other position could start with the core guys just fine except for another center.

Seventyniner
03-10-2021, 09:31 PM
There is a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc, but by that same extension, there's a legit argument that Vuc is better. And while the per-minute stats aren't close, the overall stats are way closer because Poeltl doesn't seem as capable of playing big minutes consistently.

Folks upthread were arguing that the Spurs have the perimeter defenders to make up for the expected defensive drop-off. If acquiring Vuc was just straight-up for Poeltl, I think you could make a good argument that it's the better long-term play. The players are close enough to where you keep the guy you have and use the assets on a position of greater need. Basically a player at any other position could start with the core guys just fine except for another center.

That's why my original idea was Poeltl + Gay + 1st for Vucevic. I don't think the Spurs should be giving up much more than that because Poeltl should be as easy to build around on defense as Vucevic is on offense. I also think that the Magic will get much better offers, so most likely either the Spurs will give up more than I want them to, or they won't get Vucevic at all.

Chinook
03-10-2021, 09:49 PM
That's why my original idea was Poeltl + Gay + 1st for Vucevic. I don't think the Spurs should be giving up much more than that because Poeltl should be as easy to build around on defense as Vucevic is on offense. I also think that the Magic will get much better offers, so most likely either the Spurs will give up more than I want them to, or they won't get Vucevic at all.

Yeah, to me, this would be an overpayment. Poeltl is worth a least a first by himself. I doubt any team in serious trade discussions with Orlando is going to give them a player nearly as good. The only way I include the pick is if it's like the Toronto pick they sent for Kawhi: top-20 protected for the one year and then seconds. We'll see what the Magic ends up taking, but as I've said the Spurs have more options, both now and in the upcoming summer.

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2021, 10:03 PM
A team focusing on youth and that is still more than 1 piece away should not target a 30yr old :lol

R. DeMurre
03-11-2021, 12:45 AM

Wut? Most of us aren't saying Poeltl is obviously better than Vucevic.

There is a legit argument that Poeltl is better than Vuc, but by that same extension, there's a legit argument that Vuc is better.

:toast:dizzy:yield

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 12:55 AM
We gotta start permabanning people that don’t watch games and only look at worthless metrics. Yikes. I thought the Poeltl/Gobert comparisons were embarrassing.. The useless stiff isn’t even worthy of warming up Vucevic’s seat on the bench.

Spursfanfromafar
03-11-2021, 01:44 AM
CMP8P9MDu66

Here's Patty giving an example of what makes Poeltl special beyond the box score. Answer: screen assists.

Nice video. Thanks for this share.

This is exactly what I wrote: https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288055&p=10344183#post10344183

..when naysayers, including timvp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8) were talking about paying him $5 million or less and letting him go for a generic minimum salary center. Poeltl is a vital component of the youth core and he helps the young ones both on offense and defense. There is no way he can be traded out for Vucevic. If the Spurs are desperate to land Vucevic, they have to get him while holding on to Poeltl and giving up on Eubanks and Lonnie plus Aldridge's expiring. Vucevic will lift the Spurs' floor next season but not the ceiling ..only Samanic's development will help in that respect.

Spursfanfromafar
03-11-2021, 01:53 AM
Just to add to the previous post and to repeat myself - the Spurs' best offering for Vucevic should be Aldridge, Lonnie, Eubanks, 2021 1st round pick and the rights to Nikola Milutinov (Europe's best center now, right?). Thats a decent return for a rebuilding Magic squad that will be built around Jonathan Isaac. The Spurs could add second round picks too. If the Magic don't bite, the Spurs can deal with the Celtics, Cavs or Blazers to get something in return for Aldridge. If none works, they can simply buy him out and gain cap space. The options aren't all bad.

BacktoBasics
03-11-2021, 09:37 AM
Just to add to the previous post and to repeat myself - the Spurs' best offering for Vucevic should be Aldridge, Lonnie, Eubanks, 2021 1st round pick and the rights to Nikola Milutinov (Europe's best center now, right?). Thats a decent return for a rebuilding Magic squad that will be built around Jonathan Isaac. The Spurs could add second round picks too. If the Magic don't bite, the Spurs can deal with the Celtics, Cavs or Blazers to get something in return for Aldridge. If none works, they can simply buy him out and gain cap space. The options aren't all bad.
Giving up a 1st and Lonnie for another Aldridge situation seems really stupid. You’re going to get 2 years out of Vuc at best. Then he’s going to fall off a cliff. Honestly Aldridge lasted longer than most.

Vuc isn’t going to move the needle enough for us to justify giving up two valuable commodities.

Spursfanfromafar
03-11-2021, 12:02 PM
Giving up a 1st and Lonnie for another Aldridge situation seems really stupid. You’re going to get 2 years out of Vuc at best. Then he’s going to fall off a cliff. Honestly Aldridge lasted longer than most.

Vuc isn’t going to move the needle enough for us to justify giving up two valuable commodities.

Vucevic will lift the floor for the team, which is currently a play-in shoo-in with the lot as of now. If Vucevic joins the Spurs, he will add a potent offensive weapon to the starting unit while Poeltl will play spot minutes. That should be good enough to make the playoffs. Thirdly, his salaries drop in the next two years and he is 30 and at his peak, so he is no Aldridge at the late end of his career.

Now, if the Spurs do want Vucevic, they have to get the Magic to bite on a decent deal with a mixture of expirings and young talent. Short of selling anyone from the core of White, Murray, Keldon, Vassell, Samanic and Poeltl, this is the best option. Walker has underperformed relative to his potential and the Magic might think that its the case because of the guard glut with the Spurs. Given a greater reign at SG, he might do better. Besides the Spurs can spare that money to be paid to him from 2022 onwards for Keldon.

The Spurs need an all-star to go and help its young core. They can't forever hoard mid-late first round picks and expect development alone to push them to the top. Vucevic seems to be a modern big who fits the bill for the short-term. The Spurs can let go of Aldridge and try to woo free-agents in the offseason with cap space, but with most stars/ superstars already set in their respective teams with long contracts and the only ones remaining - Beal for e.g. being mostly guards, a position that is well filled within the Spurs, I think they will take Vucevic if they can get him. I doubt it though; the Magic are more likely to trade Gordon / Fournier than Vucevic, is what I feel.

PrimeMinister
03-11-2021, 12:21 PM
We gotta start permabanning people that don’t watch games and only look at worthless metrics. Yikes. I thought the Poeltl/Gobert comparisons were embarrassing.. The useless stiff isn’t even worthy of warming up Vucevic’s seat on the bench.

we gotta start permabanning people who watch one game after a lay off and choose to make sweeping assessments of the players ability based on that one game or match up

exstatic
03-11-2021, 12:29 PM
Vucevic will lift the floor for the team, which is currently a play-in shoo-in with the lot as of now. If Vucevic joins the Spurs, he will add a potent offensive weapon to the starting unit while Poeltl will play spot minutes. That should be good enough to make the playoffs. Thirdly, his salaries drop in the next two years and he is 30 and at his peak, so he is no Aldridge at the late end of his career.

Now, if the Spurs do want Vucevic, they have to get the Magic to bite on a decent deal with a mixture of expirings and young talent. Short of selling anyone from the core of White, Murray, Keldon, Vassell, Samanic and Poeltl, this is the best option. Walker has underperformed relative to his potential and the Magic might think that its the case because of the guard glut with the Spurs. Given a greater reign at SG, he might do better. Besides the Spurs can spare that money to be paid to him from 2022 onwards for Keldon.

The Spurs need an all-star to go and help its young core. They can't forever hoard mid-late first round picks and expect development alone to push them to the top. Vucevic seems to be a modern big who fits the bill for the short-term. The Spurs can let go of Aldridge and try to woo free-agents in the offseason with cap space, but with most stars/ superstars already set in their respective teams with long contracts and the only ones remaining - Beal for e.g. being mostly guards, a position that is well filled within the Spurs, I think they will take Vucevic if they can get him. I doubt it though; the Magic are more likely to trade Gordon / Fournier than Vucevic, is what I feel.

All Stars can be impactful, or not. Bradley Beal is an All Star, and he can’t even take a team to the playoffs in the Leastern Conference. I’m not sold on Vuc’s impact. If he struggles too much on defense, we’ll have to rein in the ball hawking players like DJ and Vassell simply to cover his ass. That’s impactful, but in the wrong direction.

BacktoBasics
03-11-2021, 01:37 PM

The whole idea that Walker has under performed relative to his potential is another great ST misnomer. Spurs tend to take a very measured path to developing players vs other teams that like to throw guys into the fire and see if they can pan themselves out.

Additionally if you look at where he was drafted and his age I’d say he’s fared above average production wise.

This place loves calling guys who don’t immediately become impactful load carrying players underachieving and a detriment to the team.

Sure we all wish Lonnie would be averaging 18ppg pushing for a 6th man award but look at his progress defensively and you can see he’s on the right path. He’s got a solid 7-10 years ahead of him if he barely improved from where he’s at today. Then you want to add a 1st on top of that for a player who “raises our floor” from what? The 8th seed to the 5th... for at best 2-3 years.

That is exactly how franchises bury themselves in mediocrity for half a decade. There’s a time and a place for making trades like that. If we were borderline contending I’d probably agree but that is not a practical trade that improves our current situation enough to justify leveraging a young rotation player and 1st.

r0drig0lac
03-11-2021, 04:09 PM
these comparisons with simply MUCH better players like Vucevic and Gobert are terrible and nobody should say something like that out of spurstalk.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 04:20 PM
these comparisons with simply MUCH better players like Vucevic and Gobert are terrible and nobody should say something like that out of spurstalk.

Yeah, because you don't see any other shitty takes on Spurstalk like the person you quoted who rants about white NBA players like a dumb fuck racist.

It's hilarious how some people here would rather side with the troll. The collective IQ of people on this board must be fucking low. Is it the public education system in San Antonio? Or are you actually quoting yourself here because *plot twist* this is your alt and you're a schizo?

r0drig0lac
03-11-2021, 04:25 PM
Yeah, because you don't see any other shitty takes on Spurstalk like the person you quoted who rants about white NBA players like a dumb fuck racist.

this is really your problem and that of the person quoted, I have nothing to do with this only with Jakob's delusional comparisons with two proven stars.

It's hilarious how some people here would rather side with the troll. The collective IQ of people on this board must be fucking low. Is it the public education system in San Antonio? Or are you actually quoting yourself here because *plot twist* this is your alt and you're a schizo?

this is the point where you for some personal reason are living and projecting too much on spurstalk, creating scenarios in your head, again, just your problem, i dont care.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 04:31 PM
this is really your problem and that of the person quoted, I have nothing to do with this only with Jakob's delusional comparisons with two proven stars.

this is the point where you for some personal reason are living and projecting too much on spurstalk, creating scenarios in your head, again, just your problem, i dont care.

It isn't projecting. It's well known there's an individual here or a group of dweebs who get a rise out of trolling ST as a result of this forum being unmoderated. These idiots thrive on insubstantial conversation and drive any logic out the window because of their piss poor education. Pretty sure this GreatYacht goober is a truck driver who logs on here to talk shit because he's a fucking loser.

r0drig0lac
03-11-2021, 04:41 PM
It isn't projecting. It's well known there's an individual here or a group of dweebs who get a rise out of trolling ST as a result of this forum being unmoderated. These idiots thrive on insubstantial conversation and drive any logic out the window because of their piss poor education. Pretty sure this GreatYacht goober is a truck driver who logs on here to talk shit because he's a fucking loser.
maybe yes, maybe not, i don't really care, i don't seek approval from other people on an anonymous forum, I agree (or disagree) with the ideas, not with the people, if someone agrees or disagrees 100% with another person, there is a real problem there, or he is a follower, or a hater.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 04:43 PM

Take my cock out your mouth, faggot.

Seek mental help if you think there’s people with alts on this forum. A ton of people shit on you because your takes are vanilla and you’ve yet to had a good take. Take that pom pom shit to Reddit, you’ll fit in with the soy boys perfectly :lol

Sugus
03-11-2021, 04:44 PM

I'm sorry, but what? Why is a comparison between Poeltl and Gobert "terrible"? They're literally two of the most similar players in the league at what they do, playstyle-wise; both absolute no-players in terms of perimeter skills, both top-of-the-league screen-setters, both used primarily as offensive PnR bigs and finishers, then defensively as defensive anchors and rim protectors; both anchor their respective team's defensive schemes (the same funneling defensive schemes, mind you); and both are (were in Gobert's case I guess, though I still don't trust him at all) offensive liabilities as compared to other centers in the league like Embiid, Jokic, etc. Both lack playmaking skills, dribbling skills. The stark difference right now is, glaringly, that Gobert can hit enough FTs (in the RS at least...) to stay on the court to close every game, while Poeltl can't. And of course, "minor" differences in that Gobert is the superior player due to being a better finisher, slightly better defender, and such.

I don't think I've seen a single person equating Poeltl to Gobert, which I guess is what you have in mind when you say it's "terrible" - more like people saying Poeltl is like, 80% of Gobert at 20% of the price tag, which is a pretty solid idea IMO. But why can't both players be compared, when they play literally almost the same games? If you can't compare these two, you can't compare any player whatsoever, because no two players are 100% the same. Yet you see all the time, for examples, rookies being called "the next KD", the "next Giannis project", etc. So yeah, I don't understand your point, or rather, disagree completely.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 04:45 PM
Take my cock out your mouth, faggot.

Seek mental help if you think there’s people with alts on this forum. A ton of people shit on you because your takes are vanilla and you’ve yet to had a good take. Take that pom pom shit to Reddit, you’ll fit in with the soy boys perfectly :lol

Quit playing footsie with me, goober. Shit turn you on, bitch boy? Convenient you come on here the instant you're being talked about. Stop being a pussy and stay on your main username and address me.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 04:46 PM
“Poeltl is 80% of Gobert” :lmao

Holy fuck. Thank god this failed abortion will never reproduce.

Sugus
03-11-2021, 04:49 PM
“Poeltl is 80% of Gobert” :lmao

Holy fuck. Thank god this failed abortion will never reproduce.

At least quote me next time, bitch boy, and unluckily for you, Poeltl will stay a very similar player to Gobert, playing on the Spurs, for many years to come... Hopefully you'll keep on not watching the games, so you can drop by here as little as possible like you've been doing :lol

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 04:51 PM
Quit playing footsie with me, goober. Shit turn you on, bitch boy? Convenient you come on here the instant you're being talked about. Stop being a pussy and stay on your main username and address me.
No one uses alts on ST, retard :lol

Sorry there’s more realists on this site than you’re accustomed to on sjw reddit.

:cry Pop is the greatest! Upvote pls :cry

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 04:54 PM

At least quote me next time, bitch boy, and unluckily for you, Poeltl will stay a very similar player to Gobert, playing on the Spurs, for many years to come... Hopefully you'll keep on not watching the games, so you can drop by here as little as possible like you've been doing :lol
At least use different insults next time, you fucking loser :lmao

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 04:54 PM
No one uses alts on ST, retard :lol

Sorry there’s more realists on this site than you’re accustomed to on sjw reddit.

:cry Pop is the greatest! Upvote pls :cry

You're late for your shift bruh might fall asleep on the road :lmao

Fuckin hilarious xxxtentacion is your avatar. Why the fuck are you such a poser when you're fuckin 50 years old? :lmao :lmao

Sugus
03-11-2021, 04:56 PM
At least use different insults next time, you fucking loser :lmao

You don't wonder whether you have multiple people calling you bitch boy because you're, in fact, a bitch boy? :lmao :lmao

I wouldn't expect any kind of self-awareness from you though, carry on with the shit takes and only coming here after losses... Or rather, don't come here at all, tbh. Better for everyone involved.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 05:00 PM
You don't wonder whether you have multiple people calling you bitch boy because you're, in fact, a bitch boy? :lmao :lmao

I wouldn't expect any kind of self-awareness from you though, carry on with the shit takes and only coming here after losses... Or rather, don't come here at all, tbh. Better for everyone involved.
The forum midget is gonna lecture me about shit takes minutes after claiming Poeltl is 80% the player Gobert is :lmao

Sugus
03-11-2021, 05:04 PM
The forum midget is gonna lecture me about shit takes minutes after claiming Poeltl is 80% the player Gobert is :lmao

I ain't lecturing you about shit, bitch boy. It's clear that you lack the brain matter to be lectured on anything, you can barely understand basketball when you (don't) watch it.Stay shitty, just like your takes :lol

All this flaming's getting boring though, talk to you next time you're off the rocker with your takes my boy.

GreekSpursfan
03-11-2021, 05:13 PM
Vucevic is better than Poetl, there is no question about that but i still don't like him mainly because of his age, he doesn't fit with what we should be thinking of building going forward. Safe to say that i dont rate Poetl very high, he's very limited in many ways if we're talking championship contention.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 05:16 PM
I ain't lecturing you about shit, bitch boy. It's clear that you lack the brain matter to be lectured on anything, you can barely understand basketball when you (don't) watch it.Stay shitty, just like your takes :lol

All this flaming's getting boring though, talk to you next time you're off the rocker with your takes my boy.
You and that pussy Dejounte get regulated daily on here :lol there’s no need for me to make an appearance. I just felt like pushing your shit in after Maxi Kleber, WCS, and Porzingis did the same to that scrub that shoots his free throws with one hand.

Keep hitching your wagon to him, you’ll be laughed at every time you show up spewing your dick gobbling takes.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 05:17 PM
You and that pussy Dejounte get regulated daily on here :lol there’s no need for me to make an appearance. I just felt like pushing your shit in after Maxi Kleber, WCS, and Porzingis did the same to that scrub that shoots his free throws with one hand.

Keep hitching your wagon to him, you’ll be laughed at every time you show up spewing your dick gobbling takes.

Time's up bruh

Hop off this dick and time to go back to your other alt so you can stay quiet like the pussy you are and only pop out when daddy calls you

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 05:23 PM
Time's up bruh

Hop off this dick and time to go back to your other alt so you can stay quiet like the pussy you are and only pop out when daddy calls you
Seek mental help, freak. There’s no alts out to get you. Your takes are just god awful and numerous people shove you in your locker :lol

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Seek mental help, freak. There’s no alts out to get you. Your takes are just god awful and numerous people shove you in your locker :lol

Right, keep playing it off you fuckin poser :lmao when did you become such a dweeb? Pussy ass mothafucka :lmao

R. DeMurre
03-11-2021, 11:03 PM
:lol This thread has turned into West Side Story.

R. DeMurre
03-11-2021, 11:04 PM
Or Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

tbdog
03-12-2021, 05:51 PM
Poeltl and Walker is my starting bid.

Leetonidas
03-12-2021, 05:52 PM
:lol this thread