PDA

View Full Version : LMA is gone!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 12:10 PM
So true. I was thinking the same thing. He isn't starting anywhere. I don't even know if Portland will take him back. They already have Carmelo jacking up mid range shots. This could fall apart for him. I'm not sure what options he has. His best options are to ride out this season and sign a new contract that teams are more amenable to. It will be interesting to see what happens, or doesn't happen.

Lol that is not an option anymore. Once Pop (or any coach) says you're out, you're out. It would look mighty foolish of him to come back after those statements were released.

It WAS probably in LMA's best interest to come off the bench and stuff the stat sheet for his next contract with another team. Unfortunately, it's either:

1) His ego blinded him from seeing this

Or

2) He and the Spurs have been working alongside with each other on a trade for awhile now and they have a sense of which teams he could be traded to, so no need to go out there and risk further injury

The Truth #6
03-11-2021, 12:13 PM
No benefit for either interpretations. My guess is, they have a feel for who's interested and that they can make it work if they sacrifice a bit more or if the other team coughs up a bit more.

This Woj tweet could have easily been different.

I don't think Aldridge's rift with the team started recently. I think it's been brewing for awhile, giving the Spurs some time and planning to get a sense of what they can get. Because if we do assume this has been brewing for awhile, and there was nothing out there, then the Spurs could have gone straight to a buyout instead of beating around the bush.

I don't think LMA's unhappiness is new is my main point. And if we use that information, we can safely point to a likely hypothesis of what's going on behind the scenes.

I think that's a good point. Why not just buyout right away to avoid this lingering? It could be they were trying to get ahead of his agent releasing some statement..I'm just spitballing. But the FO prefers to avoid these types of media stories I imagine, so I'm my "level of confidence" is slightly higher now in a trade happening.

The Truth #6
03-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Lol that is not an option anymore. Once Pop (or any coach) says you're out, you're out. It would look mighty foolish of him to come back after those statements were released.

It WAS probably in LMA's best interest to come off the bench and stuff the stat sheet for his next contract with another team. Unfortunately, it's either:

Or

2) He and the Spurs have been working alongside with each other on a trade for awhile now and they have a sense of which teams he could be traded to, so no need to go out there and risk further injury

I should have said "were". That was my point, I suppose. But yeah, that ship has sailed.

exstatic
03-11-2021, 12:19 PM

Or

The toughest thing for a player is to accept that they’re no longer a star. Carmelo struggled with this very thing for like 2-3 years, until teams stopped calling his agent. He finally had his realization, and is doing well as simply a rotation player in Portland. I hope LMA finds contentment and a similar niche somewhere.

SAGirl
03-11-2021, 12:22 PM
I really think this means we are buying and using his contract to get it done. We don't really have leverage to get draft capital unless we take back a very bad contract but, if we are packaging a young player and/ or picks we can definitely buy talent. Gordon/Bamba would be great...Grant/Plumlee would be great as well.. and there are of course others depending on price.
If it were any other team I’d say they are buyers, I just don’t have any faith in Wright to swing a good deal. He hasn’t shown savvy in his short time here. He would need to show some business sense now...

PrimeMinister
03-11-2021, 12:25 PM
I think the heat makes some sense imo, Kelly olynk and KZ okpala for LMA if the salary works or am I delusional?

I’ve been saying since the story broke yesterday this is the only realistic trade scenario short of some
3 team deal we can’t put together with the information we have here or a move where we take bad salary for picks.

waive Leonard. Olynyk is a fine backup rental. Okpala is a decent depth add for the future at a valuable position.

MultiTroll
03-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Make it stop already.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 12:28 PM
New insider info!

https://fortyeightminutes.com/heat-bulls-lamarcus-aldridge/

Heat, Bulls in the mix for LaMarcus Aldridge

Some around the league consider the Heat as a frontrunner for Aldridge, a rival front office executive tells FortyEightMinutes. Miami has a glaring need at the frontcourt and it’s no secret that the club is open to pairing Bam Adebayo with a traditional big man (they’ve been linked to Nikola Vucevic recently).

“Don’t expect the Spurs to trade him within the Western Conference,” the executive tells FortyEightMinutes.com.

PrimeMinister
03-11-2021, 12:32 PM
New insider info!

Some around the league consider the Heat as a frontrunner for Aldridge, a rival front office executive tells FortyEightMinutes. Miami has a glaring need at the frontcourt and it’s no secret that the club is open to pairing Bam Adebayo with a traditional big man (they’ve been linked to Nikola Vucevic recently).

“Don’t expect the Spurs to trade him within the Western Conference,” the executive tells FortyEightMinutes.com.

Bulls trying to package salary+lauri to get a first

Degoat
03-11-2021, 12:33 PM
New insider info!

interesting! I figured the heat would be interested but I wonder what the bulls could offer

R. DeMurre
03-11-2021, 12:33 PM
Ordinarily I'd say I don't see why Sacramento would do a deal for LMA, but it's Sacramento so who knows. I follow the Kings pretty closely, and I've seen multiple reports that they regret the Barnes contract and multiple reports that they're completely happy with Barnes. They seem to be hanging their big man hopes on Bagley, who doesn't look anything like a top player at all. If the idea is to move forward with Bagley and Hields as centerpieces, well, all I can say is that would be a very Kingsian move, destined for failure.

PrimeMinister
03-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Ordinarily I'd say I don't see why Sacramento would do a deal for LMA, but it's Sacramento so who knows. I follow the Kings pretty closely, and I've seen multiple reports that they regret the Barnes contract and multiple reports that they're completely happy with Barnes. They seem to be hanging their big man hopes on Bagley, who doesn't look anything like a top player at all. If the idea is to move forward with Bagley and Hields as centerpieces, well, all I can say is that would be a very Kingsian move, destined for failure.

Knowing the Kings FO and Ownership, all of these things could very well be true at the same time.

Degoat
03-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Wonder what the bulls would offer!? I’d take Lauri even if we had to throw in a 1st in a heartbeat

R. DeMurre
03-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Grabbing Satoransky in a Chicago trade would be fantastic. I know I've done Satoransky/Thaddeus Young for Aldridge in the trade machine before and it worked. Satoransky would cover losing Mills and Walker imo, leaving the Spurs money to pursue another forward.

Maybe John Collins will ultimately help the Spurs! Not by signing with them, but by being the FA that other teams aim for, forcing them to shed veteran salaries to prepare for it.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Grabbing Satoransky in a Chicago trade would be fantastic. I know I've done Satoransky/Thaddeus Young for Aldridge in the trade machine before and it worked.

Maybe John Collins will ultimately help the Spurs! Not by signing with them, but by being the FA that other teams aim for, forcing them shed veteran salaries to prepare for it.

Yup, hence why I said the Kings might value shedding Barnes' contract off. They may make a run at Collins. They may see how well Collins worked with a great PG like Trae, and see how he would do well with both Hali and Fox. Plus, they might enjoy having another explosive guard in Lonnie to add to their guard corps.

PrimeMinister
03-11-2021, 12:44 PM
Yup, hence why I said the Kings might value shedding Barnes' contract off. They may make a run at Collins. They may see how well Collins worked with a great PG like Trae, and see how he would do well with both Hali and Fox. Plus, they might enjoy having another explosive guard in Lonnie to add to their guard corps.

Ok, but sell me on the spurs wanting this deal. What do we get from Harrison Barnes that is worth the potential to kick tires on a player under control like Lonnie or wait out a better deal if he’s able to raise his value into next year?

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 12:48 PM
Ok, but sell me on the spurs wanting this deal. What do we get from Harrison Barnes that is worth the potential to kick tires on a player under control like Lonnie or wait out a better deal if he’s able to raise his value into next year?

My satisfaction for a trade with the Kings is contingent on getting Holmes and/or Woodard back. Holmes solves our center rotation issues and we'd be set for the future. Barnes would carry the torch of being "the vet" for the young guys, AND he's not a bad player to put in the rotation for us to remain competitive.

exstatic
03-11-2021, 12:55 PM

He rolls off in 2023, the next big FA class. He can also step in and start at the 4 if DD takes a walk. His numbers are lower, but he gives enough to not force our younger players to pick up ALL of DD’s numbers. He’s a 39% three point shooter.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/matty_vanpersie/status/1352934519024836608

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/787011377433051137

The Spurs' interest in Dinos earlier in the season makes a LOT of sense now.

The Spurs saw this coming for awhile with LMA...

It's all pieces of the puzzle that are coming together now, boys...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IylOPCNkiqOgMyA/giphy.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/SV5k9Ulnk9LdgYnjbe/200.gif

The Truth #6
03-11-2021, 01:05 PM
The Heat are a frontrunner for Aldridge? If true, that's news, at least. But I don't imagine there are a lot of people competing. Frontrunner...only runner?

Anyway, a trade with the Kings around Barnes with either Holmes or Woodard is more interesting, but I need to brush up on Barnes, I think he was drafted the same year as Chris Paul. But at least some players we can potentially use. Barnes would likely mean Rudy is not resigned, but that' s not a huge issue.

daslicer
03-11-2021, 01:07 PM
Yeah, you're right. As another poster mentioned, he only celebrates guys like Tim, Manu, David, Tony, but you're right about if we all expect any other potential superstars we might get or develop down the line to be the same way as those guys were. Tim, Manu and David were exceptional people, and they were a special group when they played together (I'll throw Tony in there too, but I will say, if the Spurs sucked and weren't winning, I think he would have left). Not many superstars are likely to act the way those previous Spurs legends did and sacrifice stats and money for the good of the team.

It's a bit of a reality check for myself too, as I keep wanting to bash LA, but I also have to keep being reminded that he's one of the only star players that signed here as a free agent. That was big.

I'm not real happy if the Spurs buy him out and see him go elsewhere and possibly win a ring, because I believe he still could have helped this team if he could have gotten his offensive game going. At his best, he's still better offensively than 90% of the players on the current team. The Spurs yet again waited too long to try and trade a player. Also, it's not that I don't want him to win a ring, it's more that I hate we'll likely not get a some sort of decent return for him leaving.

That a pretty great take on the way I feel too. I agree with you. I haven't been happy with his attitude at times over the years, but I am not happy we're losing his talent. He really was really darn good offensively and was a much better defender than I gave him credit for before his decline the past season. I really wish he would have come into this season with less weight. I would have loved to have seen if he could have gotten more mobile and played better in this current era if he was slimmer/carrying less weight.

What kind of stuff did Pop say? Was he that dejected after the game?

I remember a few years ago Kerr was playing Curry,Klay,Durant in garbage time against some team and after the game I remember a reporter asked if he was running up the score. His response was actually serious which was "No the reason why I'm playing our top guys is because they need to get their stats and won't be happy if they don't." Kerr was basically acknowledging that his star players are stat padders. All the top players are pretty much like that. Lebron even at old age cares deeply about his numbers and prior to Davis getting hurt was trying hard to get another league MVP.

Dave,Manu,Duncan were all mature adults and mature for their age that's why they could make sacrifices and also peer pressure Tony to fall in align. The only mature superstars I see are Jokic,Giannis, and it looks like Embiid is maturing but we'll see as the season progresses. Most of these star players don't ever mature just look at the antics Harden,Durant,Lebron,Kawhi all pull and they are now in their 30's. It's why we should all appreciate how special Dave,Manu,Duncan were instead of expecting guys to have their mentality.

NASpurs
03-11-2021, 01:12 PM
The Heat are a frontrunner for Aldridge? If true, that's news, at least. But I don't imagine there are a lot of people competing. Frontrunner...only runner?

Anyway, a trade with the Kings around Barnes with either Holmes or Woodard is more interesting, but I need to brush up on Barnes, I think he was drafted the same year as Chris Paul. But at least some players we can potentially use. Barnes would likely mean Rudy is not resigned, but that' s not a huge issue.

Barnes is 28 years old :lol

San Antonio Slayer
03-11-2021, 01:13 PM
I guess Pop needs Duncan Robinson from the Heat. But I would prefer Lavine:bobo

BackHome
03-11-2021, 01:21 PM
Wonder what the bulls would offer!? I’d take Lauri even if we had to throw in a 1st in a heartbeat

He kinda reminds me of White so far he has missed at least 30% of games due to various injuries and his latest shoulder injury he has missed 4 weeks so not sure about him.

duncan2k5
03-11-2021, 01:22 PM
No benefit for either interpretations. My guess is, they have a feel for who's interested and that they can make it work if they sacrifice a bit more or if the other team coughs up a bit more.

This Woj tweet could have easily been different.

I don't think Aldridge's rift with the team started recently. I think it's been brewing for awhile, giving the Spurs some time and planning to get a sense of what they can get. Because if we do assume this has been brewing for awhile, and there was nothing out there, then the Spurs could have gone straight to a buyout instead of beating around the bush.

I don't think LMA's unhappiness is new is my main point. And if we use that information, we can safely point to a likely hypothesis of what's going on behind the scenes.

Agreed...his unhappiness definitely isn't new

exstatic
03-11-2021, 01:23 PM

They’re not giving us Barnes and Holmes for essentially Lonnie. Holmes is sporting a 19 PER, and is only making $5M. He’s also a FA this summer. Adding Holmes also adds close to a million to our payroll, and could push us into the tax. Did I mention that he’s a FA this summer? And we’ll have cap room? Not that sold on Woodward. Seems like a poor man’s Keldon.

A small trade of LMA/Lonnie straight up for Barnes Nets you a solid rotation or starting piece on a reasonable deal, keeping the cap sheet pretty clean. He can play with DD, or instead of him. It would be a very Spursy move. It also frees up another roster spot, and some more room, $4M or so, under the tax.

Ocotillo
03-11-2021, 01:42 PM
Barnes is also a vet with a ring.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 01:46 PM
They’re not giving us Barnes and Holmes for essentially Lonnie. Holmes is sporting a 19 PER, and is only making $5M. He’s also a FA this summer. Adding Holmes also adds close to a million to our payroll, and could push us into the tax. Did I mention that he’s a FA this summer? And we’ll have cap room? Not that sold on Woodward. Seems like a poor man’s Keldon.

A small trade of LMA/Lonnie straight up for Barnes Nets you a solid rotation or starting piece on a reasonable deal, keeping the cap sheet pretty clean. He can play with DD, or instead of him. It would be a very Spursy move. It also frees up another roster spot, and some more room, $4M or so, under the tax.

The thing is, Holmes wants to stay with the Kings after his contract is up. If the feeling isn't mutual and the Kings see Collins as a better option for their starting line-up, then trading him to the Spurs is a "friendly" way of rejecting him.

Also, just like with Collins, having cap space doesn't mean it's a ticket to signing these players. Having them already on your team is a huge advantage.

As far as Barnes+Holmes not being equal in value... it depends on how the Kings see it. If Holmes doesn't fit their future plans, I don't see why they would think giving him up for Lonnie is a big loss especially since he's an upcoming free agent who might yield a contract larger than they're willing to offer.

TimDunkem
03-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Barnes wouldn't be a bad get, imho. Versatile and isn't afraid to score like Lonnie.

The Truth #6
03-11-2021, 02:06 PM
Barnes is 28 years old :lol

Ha! I was thinking of Marvin Williams. I don’t know why they remind me of each other.

poopbox
03-11-2021, 02:17 PM
Aldridge came to the Spurs because he loved San Antonio so much? :lol
Definitely not, he came for the money and because he hoped that Kawhi gets him a ring. He would have already left if there had been a chance. So don't ask for respect.

Yeah he literally already tried to leave once :lol.

Spurs fans willing to stay in an abusive relationship with a star player cause one never signs here so they willing to respect a person who after having the most team success he ever did said "i want to be traded".:lol

Seventyniner
03-11-2021, 02:32 PM
The thing is, Holmes wants to stay with the Kings after his contract is up. If the feeling isn't mutual and the Kings see Collins as a better option for their starting line-up, then trading him to the Spurs is a "friendly" way of rejecting him.

Also, just like with Collins, having cap space doesn't mean it's a ticket to signing these players. Having them already on your team is a huge advantage.

As far as Barnes+Holmes not being equal in value... it depends on how the Kings see it. If Holmes doesn't fit their future plans, I don't see why they would think giving him up for Lonnie is a big loss especially since he's an upcoming free agent who might yield a contract larger than they're willing to offer.

Isn't that exactly why they're trying to move Bagley? That and his overbearing father, from what I understand.

Getting both Barnes and Holmes would be a coup. Most teams are smart enough not to do trades like this, but the Kings are one of those teams you try to fleece because you never know when they will do something stupid.

The Truth #6
03-11-2021, 02:33 PM
I don’t hate Lamarcus, but I won’t remember him after he’s gone. Happy to move forward.

BatManu20
03-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Spurs trade LMA to the Kings straight up for Chimezie Metu. Who says no.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 02:36 PM
Isn't that exactly why they're trying to move Bagley? That and his overbearing father, from what I understand.

Getting both Barnes and Holmes would be a coup. Most teams are smart enough not to do trades like this, but the Kings are one of those teams you try to fleece because you never know when they will do something stupid.

You'd also think Coach Luke Walton might have a strong voice in this... he's been extremely disappointing so far, so attaining success is probably a short term goal for him in order to keep his job. Attaining vets from the Spurs might help him achieve that short-term success.

As with politics in a common workplace, so would you expect the same from an unstable NBA organization.

Titi Parisien
03-11-2021, 02:43 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8fzpfbo

gambit1990
03-11-2021, 02:50 PM
what the spurs get back won't be terrible.

timing could be better though. tbh, who's call in the org was it to NOT trade him before the draft?

poopbox
03-11-2021, 02:56 PM
If the bulls interest is true Lauri is one of the guys I would be willing to give up a first to get... as someone who watches the bulls play i couldn't think if a worst backcourt to play with than lavine and colby who do almost nothing to get a big man involved in the offense...which would make it hilarious if LMA ended up there after essentially wanting to leave SA cause of "ma touches"

rjv
03-11-2021, 03:11 PM
there seems to be a general buzz that interested teams may just be willing to see if the spurs just buy out LMA's contract.

weeks
03-11-2021, 03:26 PM
Alridge is weird. I can understand the people who are grateful for him and I understand the people who hate his cancerous ways.
It always felt like a relationship with an abusive boyfriend tbh. Glad he's gone

Ocotillo
03-11-2021, 03:27 PM
there seems to be a general buzz that interested teams may just be willing to see if the spurs just buy out LMA's contract.

I would roll the dice on that if I had any interest. On the other hand, once he were bought out, other factors come into play and you have to woo him to your situation.

Mr. Body
03-11-2021, 03:32 PM
Level is a neutral word. Confidence is not. IMO, that means they have at least one deal they find palatable on the table, and are waiting on further offers.

No, when someone says, "there's a level of confidence," it's not generally a high level. If it was a high level they would say so. The phrase is cautious. It definitely does not mean there is a deal offered yet, that's just you being wishful.

rjv
03-11-2021, 03:43 PM
i'm beginning to wonder if golden state and SA are revisiting whatever potential trade they had cooking before the draft, prior to klay's injury.

Kevin
03-11-2021, 04:03 PM
In all honesty that could make sense for both teams. Wiggins and the T-Wolves pick for LMA and the Spurs pick. Warriors still save a ton of money and Spurs get a nice pick in exchange for taking the Wiggins contract back.

Degoat
03-11-2021, 04:06 PM
Zero chance in Hell GSW wants LMA after seeing how much he’s fallen off

cd98
03-11-2021, 04:09 PM
In all honesty that could make sense for both teams. Wiggins and the T-Wolves pick for LMA and the Spurs pick. Warriors still save a ton of money and Spurs get a nice pick in exchange for taking the Wiggins contract back.

No way GSW are trading that T'wolves pick without getting a superstar in return. That's a potential top 3 pick in a loaded draft. They can try and make the playoffs and not care if they don't get a lottery pick for their team because they have the T'Wolf pick. And I would see Wiggins as more useful with Thompson injured.

mo7888
03-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Zero chance in Hell GSW wants LMA after seeing how much he’s fallen off

True...but they might be willing to pay to get rid of Wiggins? I'm skeptical of that too though...

TimDunkem
03-11-2021, 04:11 PM

Spurs fans willing to stay in an abusive relationship with a star player cause one never signs here so they willing to respect a person who after having the most team success he ever did said "i want to be traded".:lol

That's like staying with someone because you don't want to be alone.

cd98
03-11-2021, 04:12 PM
On this Spurs LMA trade, think small. Spurs are trying to trade him to a better situation and get something in return. But they don't want to take back years/salary unless it's for a player they want. No one is trading a first round pick and so if there is any pick, it will be a second round pick. I think it will end up being a boring trade and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it eventually becomes just a buy out.

Mr. Body
03-11-2021, 04:38 PM
On this Spurs LMA trade, think small. Spurs are trying to trade him to a better situation and get something in return. But they don't want to take back years/salary unless it's for a player they want. No one is trading a first round pick and so if there is any pick, it will be a second round pick. I think it will end up being a boring trade and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it eventually becomes just a buy out.

Agree, with it heavily to be a buyout.

SpurSpike
03-11-2021, 04:51 PM
If this leads to a buyout the Spurs grossly mishandled the situation. LMA is still a good player he has always needed time to get in a groove and he really hasn't had that time this year with the injuries.

SAGirl
03-11-2021, 04:58 PM

Or

I like option 2. If that’s true him playing a few minutes off the bench was to establish for a suitor that he’s healthy and ready to play. It would be great if there’s something likely to happen on the trade front. I dislike losing him without trying to get even a minutes eater player in exchange. It’s interesting to speculate about who could be their target —if there’s a target and they aren’t just accommodating LMA (which is a real possibility)...

TD 21
03-11-2021, 04:59 PM
If the Bulls interest is true, I'd imagine Porter would be the asset. With an extensive injury history and current back issue, he's probably a 25 mpg four at this point, but he'd still be a near ideal fit as both a starter/Gay replacement.

Think Miami is def. in play, but hard to imagine Spurs wanting part of Leonard now considering their ‘character’ mandate.
Miami plays 6th slowest in Pace fwiw too.

https://twitter.com/GregSylvander/status/1369805884789055493?s=20

As I clearly indicated, Leonard would merely be salary ballast. He'd never actually join the team, then come the off season they'd either use his team option in a trade or more likely decline it and wash their hands of him.

It would've been a completely different Spurs era had the team not had him. He was a fine bridge during some of the most tumultuous years the franchise has faced. He deserves legit respect from the fan base. I don't know if it's worth retiring the jersey for, but he has his place in the team's history, solidly in the top-10 performers the club has had.

I'd hate that deal, though. I'd rather them be aggressive with his salary and target, say Gordon and Bamba.

Agreed, but I wouldn't retire his jersey. Every franchise in the big 4 should have a Ring of Honor and that's where he should reside.

It was time, but it's still nostalgic to see him go since he was a throwback and ends the Spurs 30+ year run of having either a first ballot Hall-of-Famer or borderline Hall-of-Famer manning the middle.

DeRozan is the path to getting Gordon and Bamba types, not Aldridge.

Olynyk, pretty much an ideal backup to Poeltl, is probably on the high end of what can be expected.

PhantomDashCam
03-11-2021, 05:16 PM
As I clearly indicated, Leonard would merely be salary ballast. He'd never actually join the team, then come the off season they'd either use his team option in a trade or more likely decline it and wash their hands of him.

The thing is though, he would still be listed as a member of the Spurs regardless of his actual position/role on the team/trade.
Can’t see the Spurs wanting to have any association with this whatsoever, especially after Adam Silver’s statement.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1370047755826122759?s=20

TD 21
03-11-2021, 05:21 PM
The thing is though, he would still be listed as a member of the Spurs regardless of his actual position/role on the team/trade.
Can’t see the Spurs wanting to have any association with this whatsoever, especially after Adam Silver’s statement.

Briefly. I'm sure they'd prefer otherwise, but it's not like there's going to be a long line of Aldridge suitors trade wise and they'll both want to do right by him and get something worthwhile for themselves.

If this is the best they can do, something like that shouldn't stand in the way.

Here's a possible alternative . . .

To Bulls: Aldridge, Lyles
To Heat: Gay
To Spurs: Porter, Olynyk

The Bulls would be at 16, so this would be contingent on them making another trade (Markkanen?) or cutting someone.

GreekSpursfan
03-11-2021, 05:25 PM
https://twitter.com/matty_vanpersie/status/1352934519024836608

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/787011377433051137

The Spurs' interest in Dinos earlier in the season makes a LOT of sense now.

The Spurs saw this coming for awhile with LMA...

It's all pieces of the puzzle that are coming together now, boys...

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0IylOPCNkiqOgMyA/giphy.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/SV5k9Ulnk9LdgYnjbe/200.gif

I know him very well, he is a stretch 5 but he's a sieve defensively, slow, unathletic, nothing to write home about, very meh

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2021, 05:29 PM
:lmaMAlpha’s loss hit harder today after watching that atrocity we saw yesterday. Gonna miss him using his weight on scrubs in the post.

Poeltl/Eubanks and Lyles/Samanic is the worst 4 big rotation in the league history. All 4 of them combined would make an average big, at best. Package White with him (and maybe our 1st) and get Collins.

timtonymanu
03-11-2021, 05:31 PM
I remember a few years ago Kerr was playing Curry,Klay,Durant in garbage time against some team and after the game I remember a reporter asked if he was running up the score. His response was actually serious which was "No the reason why I'm playing our top guys is because they need to get their stats and won't be happy if they don't." Kerr was basically acknowledging that his star players are stat padders. All the top players are pretty much like that. Lebron even at old age cares deeply about his numbers and prior to Davis getting hurt was trying hard to get another league MVP.

Dave,Manu,Duncan were all mature adults and mature for their age that's why they could make sacrifices and also peer pressure Tony to fall in align. The only mature superstars I see are Jokic,Giannis, and it looks like Embiid is maturing but we'll see as the season progresses. Most of these star players don't ever mature just look at the antics Harden,Durant,Lebron,Kawhi all pull and they are now in their 30's. It's why we should all appreciate how special Dave,Manu,Duncan were instead of expecting guys to have their mentality.

I’m responding because this is reference to one of my posts. I totally get your point here but I don’t see why that should excuse my dislike for LMA. Sure he did us a favor by choosing us but he also showed up to training camp fat (even during his first season here when he didn’t even achieve anything yet), didn’t show up a lot of games and Pop couldn’t chew him out because of his fragile ego, the trade request back in 2017. Sorry I don’t care if he did good for us, he also was a loser at times and I’m glad he’s gone. Has nothing to do with being spoiled. It’s just not accepting entitlement and laziness from players

I criticize Demar, Rudy and Patty a lot too but if they left the Spurs tomorrow I would give them much respect. They never pulled any stunts that Aldridge did on the team.

timtonymanu
03-11-2021, 05:36 PM

Kiwi’s antics really messed with some people’s heads on here, mine included lol

BillMc
03-11-2021, 05:53 PM
I know him very well, he is a stretch 5 but he's a sieve defensively, slow, unathletic, nothing to write home about, very meh

Between Jakob and Luka we've got some defensively fleet-footed bigs in our future, not sure we need a sieve unless he's an offensive marvel, and then only off the bench.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 05:53 PM
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1370123053292793858

"among teams"

cd98
03-11-2021, 05:59 PM

Heat going to send this guy to the Spurs for Pop Reeducation Camp.

exstatic
03-11-2021, 06:07 PM
If this leads to a buyout the Spurs grossly mishandled the situation. LMA is still a good player he has always needed time to get in a groove and he really hasn't had that time this year with the injuries.

He had 18 games to get his fat ass in shape, before any of the supposed injuries, which I still maintain were faked to keep from tagging him with DNP/CDs. The “hip injury” conveniently happened just after a 31 point blowout loss to the Grizz. He didn’t play again until we were short handed due to COVID. He played only 3 games until one or two players came back, but then developed a mysterious stomach ailment.

It’s not the Spurs fault that he does very little in the off season to get ready.

BillMc
03-11-2021, 06:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8hhCPfHZs

Don't think any of these are likely, but this guy breaks it down well.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 06:39 PM
Umm.. probably a re-hash of other sources?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2935699-lamarcus-aldridge-trade-rumors-heat-have-spoken-to-spurs-about-move-for-pf?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"LaMarcus Aldridge Trade Rumors: Heat Have Spoken to Spurs About Move for PF"
Good luck, Heat! LMFAO

mo7888
03-11-2021, 06:52 PM
All of these trade scenarios still assume we are trying to sell LMA the 'player' for an asset (Zach Collins, a NY 2024 1st etc) and I'm fine with that but, I still think we should be using LMA the 'contract' to buy a player. I wonder if any of these prognosticators have any inside info or are they just guessing?

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 06:56 PM
All of these trade scenarios still assume we are trying to sell LMA the 'player' for an asset (Zach Collins, a NY 2024 1st etc) and I'm fine with that but, I still think we should be using LMA the 'contract' to buy a player. I wonder if any of these prognosticators have any inside info or are they just guessing?

I don't think the Spurs would reveal anyone else is available for trade, that would fuck up chemistry. So I think everyone is assuming only LMA by himself is the only one up for trade.

LCM
03-11-2021, 06:59 PM

Barnes would be a great addition! His contract decreases to 20.2mill next year, 18+ as an expiring. You get him you are not hamstrung if DeRozen wants to play elsewhere next year, and Barnes's game fits with how the Spurs want to be able to play now and in the future. Lonnie and our 1st rounder might be stiff a price, but if it secures Barnes, I'd do it. Draft pick in the mid 20's gets about a 1.2+ mill on salary and it escalates. Spend that on Nate Renfro instead.

mo7888
03-11-2021, 07:01 PM
I don't think the Spurs would reveal anyone else is available for trade, that would fuck up chemistry. So I think everyone is assuming only LMA by himself is the only one up for trade.

That makes sense...but I would think other teams we are talking too would leak it and we'd hear it from their beat reporters..

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 07:04 PM
That makes sense...but I would think other teams we are talking too would leak it and we'd hear it from their beat reporters..

If I were the Spurs, I'll hold it until the trade deadline and say, "I want X player too, do you want Lonnie with Aldridge?"

That way you avoid drama + you make them sweat because the clock is ticking and they're likely to make an irrational decision

Negotiation Tactics 101. The bait-and-switch:bobo

mo7888
03-11-2021, 07:15 PM
If I were the Spurs, I'll hold it until the trade deadline and say, "I want X player too, do you want Lonnie with Aldridge?"

That way you avoid drama + you make them sweat because the clock is ticking and they're likely to make an irrational decision

Negotiation Tactics 101. The bait-and-switch:bobo

I don't think that's a good tactic unless we really have multiple suitors (and if we're selling I don't see multiple suitors).

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 07:17 PM
I don't think that's a good tactic unless we really have multiple suitors (and if we're selling I don't see multiple suitors).

It's going to be a loooong 14 days.

mo7888
03-11-2021, 07:20 PM

Lol yes it is.... I'm gonna wear my phone out checking on this stuff and spouting ideas... it's not often we get a mid season trade to ponder...

tonight...you
03-11-2021, 07:21 PM
You ain't lying.

cd021
03-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Yes I’m thinking they have a done deal somewhere already I’m guessing for nurkic and Derrick Jones jr money adds up

I don't see them trading Nurk for Aldridge tbh. It would probably have to something like be DJJ and Hood for Aldridge with a couple of seconds, possibly coming from Portland.

They prolly got wind LMA was gonna go public with his dissatisfaction and release demands, and decided to go public first. Would further ruin their look if another big name pulled the same bullshit as Nephew in the span of three years, especially since LMA had requested to be traded before.

I don't think that would have been something that he would've done. I think it was always going to play out like this. He quietly asks for a trade or a buyout and the Spurs oblige. L.A. Nephew was just asshole.

Maybe Celtics trade exception and a conditional second round pick.

Celtics would have to come off at least one of their seconds, and not a fake top 55 protected pick.

I don't care if it was always a marriage of convenience and wasn't for altruistic reasons, I'll always appreciate him being the one in prime star player signing here and would like to see him win a championship. Too bad he fell just shy of cracking 20k points threshold.

Aldridge for Olynyk and Leonard (out for season; kept away from team, fully non guaranteed and waived in off season)?

Agreed. Always remember him for dragging that 2017-2018 team to the playoffs. At this point, that's probably the most likely deal plus maybe Miami's 2027 second rounder-- their only pick that they haven't traded or isn't tied up.

What about LMA for Wiggins? I know, cap space and all, but who will we got? This FA class is shitty, and I don't want anybody frtom this class.
Wiggins is overpriced, I know, but he would will a positional need, could play both Forward positions, long, athletic, young.

Even more so, LMA+DDR for Wiggins, Oubre, Looney, 1st.

I've wondered if Wiggins for LMA would still be possible, even if Wiggins fills a need for GS. Golden State would save $30 million next season.

Wiggins and their 2021 first or the Minny 2021 second rounder (they owe one of the two to OKC, depending on where finish) for Aldridge. I don't think they'd move Oubre, he's apparently starting to play better. They may end up re-signing him, though they might want to off-load Looney in a deal involving Aldridge.

Degoat
03-11-2021, 07:25 PM
Supposedly the lakers are pursuing LMA now too

mo7888
03-11-2021, 07:31 PM

It's hard to see how they could do that... I guess KCP + Harrell would get it done.... which I would think we'd do in a heartbeat .... I just dont see it

KingKev
03-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Does LMA have a no trade clause? Don’t beleive so and it probably does’t matter as the Spurs will likely be working with him on his next destination. I think it’s safe to assume a buyout is imminent. I hope he has to take material money off the table. What’s that saying? Nice guys finish last. PATFO are the nice guys.

SpurSpike
03-11-2021, 07:35 PM

Na, they are hoping for a buyout.

tonight...you
03-11-2021, 07:39 PM
I don't see them trading Nurk for Aldridge tbh. It would probably have to something like be DJJ and Hood for Aldridge with a couple of seconds, possibly coming from Portland.

I don't think that would have been something that he would've done. I think it was always going to play out like this. He quietly asks for a trade or a buyout and the Spurs oblige. L.A. Nephew was just asshole.

Celtics would have to come off at least one of their seconds, and not a fake top 55 protected pick.

Agreed. Always remember him for dragging that 2017-2018 team to the playoffs. At this point, that's probably the most likely deal plus maybe Miami's 2027 second rounder-- their only pick that they haven't traded or isn't tied up.

I've wondered if Wiggins for LMA would still be possible, even if Wiggins fills a need for GS. Golden State would save $30 million next season.

Wiggins and their 2021 first or the Minny 2021 second rounder (they owe one of the two to OKC, depending on where finish) for Aldridge. I don't think they'd move Oubre, he's apparently starting to play better. They may end up re-signing him, though they might want to off-load Looney in a deal involving Aldridge.
How would Wiggins fit on this current team?

spurs10
03-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Supposedly the lakers are pursuing LMA now too That would enhance his chances of getting a ring. Hope it happens for him...both things.

exstatic
03-11-2021, 08:02 PM
Does LMA have a no trade clause? Don’t beleive so and it probably does’t matter as the Spurs will likely be working with him on his next destination. I think it’s safe to assume a buyout is imminent. I hope he has to take material money off the table. What’s that saying? Nice guys finish last. PATFO are the nice guys.

He has a trade kicker, 15%, but could choose to waive it for the right deal. If he’s obstinate enough, he’ll have to settle for buyout money, less than the remaining salary. Doesn’t really sound like that, though. Sounds like something’s on the table.

Russ
03-11-2021, 08:04 PM

LMA to the Lakers makes so much sense it's scary.

LMA basically lives in LA.

He's exactly the type of player they need with Anthony Davis' problems.

The Lakers lost out on Kawhi because they played hard ball too hard (although they may not regret it in retrospect).

What will they do this time?

Ice009
03-11-2021, 08:16 PM
LMA to the Lakers makes so much sense it's scary.

LMA basically lives in LA.

He's exactly the type of player they need with Anthony Davis' problems.

The Lakers lost out on Kawhi because they played hard ball too hard (although they may not regret it in retrospect).

What will they do this time?

I thought LA built a big house in Dallas or wherever he's from in Texas when he first came to the Spurs. I thought the whole point was that he wanted to move back home? Does he actually spend more time living in LA than Texas?

cd98
03-11-2021, 08:17 PM
Lakers have no assets. He only goes there if he is a buyout player.

daslicer
03-11-2021, 08:22 PM
I’m responding because this is reference to one of my posts. I totally get your point here but I don’t see why that should excuse my dislike for LMA. Sure he did us a favor by choosing us but he also showed up to training camp fat (even during his first season here when he didn’t even achieve anything yet), didn’t show up a lot of games and Pop couldn’t chew him out because of his fragile ego, the trade request back in 2017. Sorry I don’t care if he did good for us, he also was a loser at times and I’m glad he’s gone. Has nothing to do with being spoiled. It’s just not accepting entitlement and laziness from players

I criticize Demar, Rudy and Patty a lot too but if they left the Spurs tomorrow I would give them much respect. They never pulled any stunts that Aldridge did on the team.

I actually forgot that he came out of shape to training camp when he first joined the Spurs. I actually agree with you that it was unprofessional on his part to come out of shape after signing a max contract. I can't excuse that bad behavior. It's definitely not right. If you want hate him for that I give you a pass. I can't defend it. It is a mixed bag with LMA when you factor him being out of shape at times during his spurs tenure. I will give him credit for coming in shape from '17-'19 and having the best seasons of his career. LMA's biggest downfall was his commitment to fitness. Even with all that being said I still appreciate the good things he brought to the team but won't knock you or others being upset with his lack of commitment to being in shape.

daslicer
03-11-2021, 08:23 PM
I thought LA built a big house in Dallas or wherever he's from in Texas when he first came to the Spurs. I thought the whole point was that he wanted to move back home? Does he actually spend more time living in LA than Texas?

He has a summer home in Newport Beach which is no pun intend on the beach and is like 30-40 minutes outside of LA.

Chinook
03-11-2021, 08:38 PM
That would enhance his chances of getting a ring. Hope it happens for him...both things.

I'd actually kind of love for Green to get a ring in the other LA team one year and then LMA show up and do the same the next.

Maddog
03-11-2021, 08:46 PM
I'd actually kind of love for Green to get a ring in the other LA team one year and then LMA show up and do the same the next.

Good thoughts.
He gave us 3 really good years. I don't have the dislike many have.

mo7888
03-11-2021, 08:59 PM
Lakers have no assets. He only goes there if he is a buyout player.

Tucker is an asset....probably there only asset....

Joseph Kony
03-11-2021, 09:08 PM
Not with his performance tonight. He was outplayed in every facet of the game. I hate to say he was probably sitting on the couch during the break. I mean I would package him with Aldridge to get Drummond at this point

Yeah I definitely misread that one :lol

EricB
03-11-2021, 09:41 PM
He has a summer home in Newport Beach which is no pun intend on the beach and is like 30-40 minutes outside of LA.

its farther than that but yeah, it’s a beach house and really really nice.

Dejounte
03-11-2021, 10:59 PM
https://twitter.com/shanscharamiia/status/1370221759337787393

GAustex
03-11-2021, 11:05 PM
Well there you go
LMA is no more

lmbebo
03-11-2021, 11:05 PM

Doh!

ace3g
03-11-2021, 11:07 PM
Gotta love fake twitter accounts during trade season.

PhantomDashCam
03-11-2021, 11:11 PM

Almost had me there. Well played. :tu

Degoat
03-11-2021, 11:16 PM
Cut that shit out ST! Lmao I was all excited

Dverde
03-11-2021, 11:56 PM
Danny Green/Mike Scott/2021 top 10 protected first rounder for LMA? Morey don’t care about picks :lol

dg7md
03-12-2021, 04:23 AM
We would have had a ring or two had not for Zaza fucking it all up. That's what he signed up for, not a rebuilding team. Best of luck.

spurspl
03-12-2021, 05:38 AM
should have been traded 1-2 yrs ago. Now hes worth a bag of chips and a 2nd rounder. Hope patfo dont have higher expectation about his value and will not reject offers from western teams.

GreekSpursfan
03-12-2021, 07:32 AM
Between Jakob and Luka we've got some defensively fleet-footed bigs in our future, not sure we need a sieve unless he's an offensive marvel, and then only off the bench.

He could do some things coming off the bench, he can shoot, he can stretch the floor and be used in some scenarios but we need athleticism and he's not the answer for that but the fact that he can shoot can't go unnoticed

Dejounte
03-12-2021, 08:06 AM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1370251013429600256?s=19
The exact same situation is happening with PJ Tucker, except it's easier to deal with PJ because he has a small contract.

BillMc
03-12-2021, 08:11 AM
He could do some things coming off the bench, he can shoot, he can stretch the floor and be used in some scenarios but we need athleticism and he's not the answer for that but the fact that he can shoot can't go unnoticed

Cheers! I agree if he can shoot that well as a bench role.

NASpurs
03-12-2021, 08:14 AM
should have been traded 1-2 yrs ago. Now hes worth a bag of chips and a 2nd rounder. Hope patfo dont have higher expectation about his value and will not reject offers from western teams.

Keeping washed-up players past their expiration dates while they rot like old milk is the PATFO way. Only saving grace is that no loyalty contract was given.

Dejounte
03-12-2021, 08:16 AM
IMO, you could give more value to LMA's barely existent value by saying it's Pop's fault he didnt put him in situations to succeed because he's focusing more on the young guys. You can point to his 20 pt games this season and say his poor defense was his poor effort and that if he tried, he would actually be an OK defender.

KingKev
03-12-2021, 08:24 AM
IMO, you could give more value to LMA's barely existent value by saying it's Pop's fault he didnt put him in situations to succeed because he's focusing more on the young guys. You can point to his 20 pt games this season and say his poor defense was his poor effort and that if he tried, he would actually be an OK defender.

This is not how a multi million dollar negotiation goes down man. If a team wants LMA than they have done their due diligence. This isn’t a kijiji ad for a used car where you attempt to pull the wool over someone elseses eyes. Very little information asymmetry with this current situation. Teams know what is up.

Dejounte
03-12-2021, 08:35 AM
This is not how a multi million dollar negotiation goes down man. If a team wants LMA than they have done their due diligence. This isn’t a kijiji ad for a used car where you attempt to pull the wool over someone elseses eyes. Very little information asymmetry with this current situation. Teams know what is up.

You're giving these organizations too much credit.

The T Wolves constantly get top 10 picks and continue to suck. They recently angered many people by not doing a proper hiring process after they fired their coach this season.

Sometimes, these organizations are not run by savvy, intelligent people, but they're usually blocked by ownership who think they should run things. It's workplace politics.

If you look at PJ, he's only scored > 10 only five games out of 32 games this season.

Aldridge has scored 20 that many times and >10 in much more.

I think there's more value here than fans realize. Aldridge isn't dead weight. It's more likely that it's his contract that is the challenge.

exstatic
03-12-2021, 08:40 AM

The T Wolves constantly get top 10 picks and continue to suck. They recently angered many people by not doing a proper hiring process after they fired their coach this season.

Sometimes, these organizations are not run by savvy, intelligent people, but they're usually blocked by ownership who think they should run things. It's workplace politics.

If you look at PJ, he's only scored > 10 only five games out of 32 games this season.

I think there's more value here than fans realize. Aldridge isn't dead weight. It's more likely that it's his contract that is the challenge.

PJ will be easier to move, because his contract is relatively tiny, and more commensurate with his abilities.

exstatic
03-12-2021, 08:46 AM
Keeping washed-up players past their expiration dates while they rot like old milk is the PATFO way. Only saving grace is that no loyalty contract was given.

Well, they kind of did by gifting him $18M this year. His contract was only $6M guaranteed, but for some mystifying reason, fully guaranteed it LAST year. For a player who constantly needs to be kicked in the ass to get in shape in training camp and the early season, that might not have been the best move.

Kool Bob Love
03-12-2021, 08:53 AM
Wish nothing but the best for LMA. Would have won a ring if it wasn't for Zaza. Also happy that Pop is finally focused on the spurs and not Trump .

poopbox
03-12-2021, 09:00 AM

Well he's dead weight to us. All our metrics are terrible when he plays. And teams are aware of that. I am sure there are teams who look at this and say well we like LMA for insert reason here but the spurs clearly have no use for him so we are not going to give up very much for a player they clearly don't even want on their team. That's like me watching you set a sofa on the curb and I say I am interested in purchasing it and you say you will sell it for 500 dollars. I am going to tell you no because I just watched you put it on the curb so obviously you don't want it, I will buy it for 20 bucks take it or leave it.

exstatic
03-12-2021, 09:05 AM
Well he's dead weight to us. All our metrics are terrible when he plays. And teams are aware of that. I am sure there are teams who look at this and say well we like LMA for insert reason here but the spurs clearly have no use for him so we are not going to give up very much for a player they clearly don't even want on their team. That's like me watching you set a sofa on the curb and I say I am interested in purchasing it and you say you will sell it for 500 dollars. I am going to tell you no because I just watched you put it on the curb so obviously you don't want it, I will buy it for 20 bucks take it or leave it.

I don’t think anyone sees a great haul coming back from LMA. The reality is, he didn’t cost us any assets on the way in, and 20 bucks is better than paying him to go away.

FkLA
03-12-2021, 09:19 AM
The exact same situation is happening with PJ Tucker, except it's easier to deal with PJ because he has a small contract.

They're both UT guys. Wonder if they're trying to play together??

GreekSpursfan
03-12-2021, 05:26 PM
Is Tucker going to the Nets as well to join his friend? He seems washed but something tells me he will resurrect himself if he goes to the Nets. The NBA is getting worse every year knowing who the final two teams will be so early in the season.

Dejounte
03-12-2021, 06:04 PM
Is Tucker going to the Nets as well to join his friend? He seems washed but something tells me he will resurrect himself if he goes to the Nets. The NBA is getting worse every year knowing who the final two teams will be so early in the season.

Only french NBA players reignite their washed up trajectories when traded to new teams

GreekSpursfan
03-13-2021, 01:38 AM
Only french NBA players reignite their washed up trajectories when traded to new teams

Tucker seems done but something tells me that we'll see a new Tucker when he joins a contenter especially the Nets

Spurtacular
03-13-2021, 04:25 AM
Haven't been following the Spurs closely this season. When did this drama all start? I did see his stats are down.

Rummpd
03-13-2021, 08:32 AM

Truth -the inept FO and the old coach should have moved on 2 years ago as I have said repeatedly. What a farce it has come to not even playing him his value is so low.

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 01:12 AM
Haven't been following the Spurs closely this season. When did this drama all start? I did see his stats are down.

Seriously, someone feed me the 411. I haven't been paying attention. I'm just noticed Bryn Forbes isn't on the team. I just figured he was injured. I never thought Pop would get rid of his pet. He must've found a new pet to have done that.

spurraider21
03-14-2021, 01:39 AM

Seriously, someone feed me the 411. I haven't been paying attention. I'm just noticed Bryn Forbes isn't on the team. I just figured he was injured. I never thought Pop would get rid of his pet. He must've found a new pet to have done that.
low information derp

Spurtacular
03-14-2021, 01:44 AM
low information derp

:lol Grudge shots
:lol Dat enemies list

Dejounte
03-14-2021, 09:02 AM
"Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio's LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype. The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio. Miami is expected to have competition from several teams hoping to acquire Aldridge to improve their playoff chances. Some executives around the league who spoke with HoopsHype believe the Boston Celtics could join the mix to acquire Aldridge using their $28.5 million trade exception despite Danny Ainge recently suggesting the team will most likely use the exception during the offseason. Aldridge earns $24 million this season. The Celtics are roughly $19.9 million below the hard cap and would need to send out $4.1 million in salary to San Antonio to stay below the hard cap according to our salary cap expert Yossi Gozlan. Boston has also been linked to several frontcourt players including Kings forward Harrison Barnes, Pistons forward Jerami Grant, and Magic center Nikola Vucevic. MORE: Potential Boston Celtics Trade Targets"

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/trade-rumors-intel-kyle-lowry-115830364.html?src=rss&__twitter_impression=true

Dverde
03-14-2021, 09:20 AM
"Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio's LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype. The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio. Miami is expected to have competition from several teams hoping to acquire Aldridge to improve their playoff chances. Some executives around the league who spoke with HoopsHype believe the Boston Celtics could join the mix to acquire Aldridge using their $28.5 million trade exception despite Danny Ainge recently suggesting the team will most likely use the exception during the offseason. Aldridge earns $24 million this season. The Celtics are roughly $19.9 million below the hard cap and would need to send out $4.1 million in salary to San Antonio to stay below the hard cap according to our salary cap expert Yossi Gozlan. Boston has also been linked to several frontcourt players including Kings forward Harrison Barnes, Pistons forward Jerami Grant, and Magic center Nikola Vucevic. MORE: Potential Boston Celtics Trade Targets"

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/trade-rumors-intel-kyle-lowry-115830364.html?src=rss&__twitter_impression=true

Boston ain’t getting Grant or Vucevic. LMA might be an option if Harrison Barnes is unattainable.

RC_Drunkford
03-14-2021, 09:35 AM

Boston should send us Theis and a pick. That would be ideal

Degoat
03-14-2021, 09:43 AM
I won’t complain if the Celtics trade for LMA but I’ll be really surprised if they do. I think LMA could be rejuvenated once he gets traded and help a team out, but if the spurs had a big trade exception like the Celtics do I’d be pissed if we used it on LMA lol

Dex
03-14-2021, 09:46 AM

Still amazing how fast the Rockets disentegrated.

Not that I'm surprised. The writing was on the wall as soon as they paired Westbrook with Harden (and took on that albatross of a contract)...but most still expected them to at least contend this season.

Good riddance tbh

mo7888
03-14-2021, 09:48 AM
I won’t complain if the Celtics trade for LMA but I’ll be really surprised if they do. I think LMA could be rejuvenated once he gets traded and help a team out, but if the spurs had a big trade exception like the Celtics do I’d be pissed if we used it on LMA lol

But wouldn't you be pissed even more if we had that TE and didn't use it all all? I'm not sure they have any better options out there.

Degoat
03-14-2021, 09:51 AM
But wouldn't you be pissed even more if we had that TE and didn't use it all all? I'm not sure they have any better options out there.

They could probably wait until the off-season but yeah I’d be upset if I was a C’s fan and they didn’t use it but on LMA tho? That’s a hard pill to swallow lol

J_Paco
03-14-2021, 09:52 AM

I would take Robert Williams & a lottery or top - 15 protected first - round pick ('21 or '22). I would say Romeo Langford or Grant Williams, but Langford has played very little & Grant Williams isn't that exciting as a prospect.

Plus, the Spurs are just as guard/swingman heavy as Boston so Langford would see little time here. Williams (Grant) does provide more of a need at combo forward but would be in a log jam himself behind Gay, Lyles & Samanic.

exstatic
03-14-2021, 10:14 AM
They could probably wait until the off-season but yeah I’d be upset if I was a C’s fan and they didn’t use it but on LMA tho? That’s a hard pill to swallow lol

Phiilys going to punk them in the playoffs if they don’t come up with a post defender, somehow. LMA checks several boxes for them.

BillMc
03-14-2021, 10:17 AM

Not that I'm surprised. The writing was on the wall as soon as they paired Westbrook with Harden (and took on that albatross of a contract)...but most still expected them to at least contend this season.

Good riddance tbh

I think a lot of it was their getting rid of D'Antoni. I don't think he's a good coach, but he is the ultimate star players coach in that his system ups their stats and they don't have to play defense. Good times for the stars. Obviously Harden had no issue with Mike as they are reunited on the Nets.

exstatic
03-14-2021, 10:31 AM
I think a lot of it was their getting rid of D'Antoni. I don't think he's a good coach, but he is the ultimate star players coach in that his system ups their stats and they don't have to play defense. Good times for the stars. Obviously Harden had no issue with Mike as they are reunited on the Nets.

D’Antoni isn’t running things in Brooklyn, Nash is.

Houston’s problem is that they expended a shit ton of first rounders on three big splash transactions, getting CP3, offloading him to get Westbrook, then offloading him to get Wall, and they’re worse than before the started that goat rope, and don’t have a short term future to improve. They will suck for half a decade, minimum.

RC_Drunkford
03-14-2021, 10:36 AM
I would take Robert Williams & a lottery or top - 15 protected first - round pick ('21 or '22). I would say Romeo Langford or Grant Williams, but Langford has played very little & Grant Williams isn't that exciting as a prospect.

Plus, the Spurs are just as guard/swingman heavy as Boston so Langford would see little time here. Williams (Grant) does provide more of a need at combo forward but would be in a log jam himself behind Gay, Lyles & Samanic.

and that’s exactly why you take the back up big. We actually need one

BillMc
03-14-2021, 10:52 AM

Obviously, Nash is the headcoach. But Mike is still on the staff and an important part of the offensive scheming, so if Harden didn't like him it would be a problem.

cd021
03-14-2021, 11:36 AM

I think they like Theis, but he'd be redundant with Aldridge in the fold.

I've been suggesting Langford, Ojeleye, and a 2021 first for Aldridge. If The Heat are really interested, the Spurs could leverage that to get Boston to offer a first as opposed to a second(s).

PrimeMinister
03-14-2021, 11:44 AM
Am I crazy for thinking Danny Ainge might actually be sitting on the trade exception as a sign and trade piece in the summer? Could use it to line up a 4 year, close to max deal for Demar and the fit would be about as good as you can find for derozan.

Kemba/Derozan/Brown/Tatum/Theis - 4 shooters around Demar and a ton of playmaking. Interesting configurations with derozan as the de facto point with Marcus smart next to him for more defense.

Maybe we milk Danny this summer and get some nice pieces.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Am I crazy for thinking Danny Ainge might actually be sitting on the trade exception as a sign and trade piece in the summer? Could use it to line up a 4 year, close to max deal for Demar and the fit would be about as good as you can find for derozan.

Kemba/Derozan/Brown/Tatum/Theis - 4 shooters around Demar and a ton of playmaking. Interesting configurations with derozan as the de facto point with Marcus smart next to him for more defense.

if we sign and trade DDR we should be able to get something better than what Boston has to offer. Signing and trading DDR also compromises our cap space as his cap hold is massive and he will likely land 25-30mm in that scenario:

pad300
03-14-2021, 11:53 AM

They're not going to do that. Theis is their starting C (although they platoon the position with Theis, Williams and Thompson). I could see us getting Thompson and a late pick (or some sort of swap deal).

KingKev
03-14-2021, 12:02 PM
Dude I get that it’s probably time for him to move on, but hope Spurs fans show respect. He had a ton of offers as a free agent, including CA teams and he chose the Spurs. He gave us some of his best years. So we couldn’t win a title with him, but we had good success so much appreciation for what he gave the Spurs. He certainly handled his business better than Kawhi.

Kawhi? that’s a low bar. LMA should be treated like any other player who did not truly add value. If this was Patty i’d be happy to work it out. For LMA we don’t need to be so accomodating IMO. He has no trade clause, he barely did anything for the franchise and has virtually no value in a trade to begin with. Shake his hand, give him an obligatory thank you LMA tribute that no one actually believes in and extract value. All this goodwill looks good on paper but has increasingly diminishing returns.

baseline bum
03-14-2021, 12:04 PM

Imagine going from thinking you were going to use your big trade exception to land Anthony Davis to getting a completely washed up Aldridge. :lol

baseline bum
03-14-2021, 12:04 PM

Good riddance tbh

Shit I'm surprised they lasted through last season.

Dejounte
03-14-2021, 12:05 PM
Kawhi? that’s a low bar. LMA should be treated like any other player who did not truly add value. If this was Patty i’d be happy to work it out. For LMA we don’t need to be so accomodating IMO. He has no trade clause, he barely did anything for the franchise and has virtually no value in a trade to begin with. Shake his hand, give him an obligatory thank you LMA tribute that no one actually believes in and extract value. All this goodwill looks good on paper but has increasingly diminishing returns.

He does have a 15% trade kicker though, which I'm not sure if it gives him leverage.

Tung
03-14-2021, 12:05 PM

Or

Where to?

spurraider21
03-14-2021, 12:21 PM

Good riddance tbh
they gave up draft picks to downgrade from paul to westbrook

astonishing miscalculation

Dejounte
03-14-2021, 12:33 PM

Pipedream but I wish we could pull Marcus Smart from their team and maybe Aaron Nesmith by swapping Lonnie if we have to.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 12:37 PM
He does have a 15% trade kicker though, which I'm not sure if it gives him leverage.

Marginal leverage as it may cost us more to move him to somewhere he does not want to go. If the right deal is in place and we have to pay his kicker we should. With that being said I suspect there is nothing of value on the table so unless PATFO (which has a hell of an ability to scout, target and develop players) sees a young flier in the deal it may be worth it.

Chomag
03-14-2021, 12:48 PM
I'm on the side that the only way we get Value from LMA is in a packaged deal with one or two of our other players.

I would hate to lose one of our younger players but for the right deal we might should take it but hopefully instead we can get away with losing some vets like Mills, and Gay as that would sting allot less.

NASpurs
03-14-2021, 01:58 PM

So that Heat deal, that would be three players plus one min. contract player coming in? So the Spurs would have to cut current players on the roster to make room? I wonder who would be cut.

(I’m assuming we’re at the max)

duncan2150
03-14-2021, 02:09 PM
So that Heat deal, that would be three players plus one min. contract player coming in? So the Spurs would have to cut current players on the roster to make room? I wonder who would be cut.

(I’m assuming we’re at the max)

The spurs have one free roster spot, imo they would not take 3 or 4 players except if they really like someone.

mo7888
03-14-2021, 02:34 PM

I like the way you're thinking there...that makes alot of sense...for both sides...If he really wants to go that route though he should put it on the table and get ddr now...that way he's got more control this summer and he can see how the chemistry works before committing long term.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 02:38 PM

Houston’s problem is that they expended a shit ton of first rounders on three big splash transactions, getting CP3, offloading him to get Westbrook, then offloading him to get Wall, and they’re worse than before the started that goat rope, and don’t have a short term future to improve. They will suck for half a decade, minimum.

They got a potential haul of picks/swaps from Brooklyn, if the Nets don't do well. But yeah, it was Morey doing Morey things and then scramming when he couldn't keep Moreying his way out of it. I expect they'll be fine before long.

Nash, meanwhile, has helped manage the big personalities in Brooklyn really well. Kudos to him. And even better defense than anyone had a right to expect.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 03:53 PM
They got a potential haul of picks/swaps from Brooklyn, if the Nets don't do well. But yeah, it was Morey doing Morey things and then scramming when he couldn't keep Moreying his way out of it. I expect they'll be fine before long.

Nash, meanwhile, has helped manage the big personalities in Brooklyn really well. Kudos to him. And even better defense than anyone had a right to expect.

:lmao Nash is an innocent bystander. Mostly sans Durant, Harden and Irving have decided to play nice so far in an attempt to squeeze out a contrived championship(s) to bolster their "legacies", a la Scumbag.

Now more than ever, this homogenized league is about personnel, not the latest flavor of the month, great white hope figurehead, who lucks into "coaching" the elite and plays the media game, who in turn scratch their back by attempting to brainwash the masses into believing they're doing more than they actually are.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 03:58 PM
:lmao Nash is an innocent bystander. Mostly sans Durant, Harden and Irving have decided to play nice so far in an attempt to squeeze out a contrived championship(s) to bolster their "legacies", a la Scumbag.

Now more than ever, this homogenized league is about personnel, not the latest flavor of the month, great white hope figurehead, who lucks into "coaching" the elite and plays the media game, who in turn scratch their back by attempting to brainwash the masses into believing they're doing more than they actually are.

I watch the Nets all the time. Irving, Durant and Harden should be a disaster. Nash has done a fantastic job. What's more is he has the role players fitting in and everyone actually playing defense.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 04:06 PM
I watch the Nets all the time. Irving, Durant and Harden should be a disaster. Nash has done a fantastic job. What's more is he has the role players fitting in and everyone actually playing defense.

No, they shouldn't. As long as they're willing to set their egos aside (which was obvious that they would given that they wanted to play together and particularly Harden, has too much at stake "legacy" wise), they're all very good - elite creators and shooters.

The role players will naturally fit in and have their strengths accentuated playing off of that much talent. Defensively, they're still bad, but everyone will have good stretches in an area no matter the personnel. At least they have experience and motivation.

They'd look virtually the same with anyone or no one coaching them and if it were a black coach, he wouldn't receive an ounce of credit.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 04:10 PM
No, they shouldn't. As long as they're willing to set their egos aside (which was obvious that they would given that they wanted to play together and particularly Harden, has too much at stake "legacy" wise), they're all very good - elite creators and shooters.

The role players will naturally fit in and have their strengths accentuated playing off of that much talent. Defensively, they're still bad, but everyone will have good stretches in an area no matter the personnel. At least they have experience and motivation.

They'd look virtually the same with anyone or no one coaching them and if it were a black coach, he wouldn't receive an ounce of credit.

Sorry, bro. Those three and sharing the ball, getting enough shots? Shouldn't work. They now have defined roles. I guess you hate Nash or something? Get over it. He's doing a great job.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Sorry, bro. Those three and sharing the ball, getting enough shots? Shouldn't work. They now have defined roles. I guess you hate Nash or something? Get over it. He's doing a great job.

Sorry "bro", unbeknownst to you, they actually have brains and decided to do so because it was the obvious path to maximizing their chance at a championship(s) and they didn't need the white figurehead to reach that conclusion. In the NBA, players of their stature have the power.

You've completely missed the point if you think I have any problem with Nash whatsoever based on this.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 04:21 PM
Sorry "bro", unbeknownst to you, they actually have brains and decided to do so because it was the obvious path to maximizing their chance at a championship(s) and they didn't need the white figurehead to reach that conclusion. In the NBA, players of their stature have the power.

You've completely missed the point if you think I have any problem with Nash whatsoever based on this.

You have hangups about Steve Nash. I understand now.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 04:26 PM
You have hangups about Steve Nash. I understand now.

:lmao Uncomfortable with the notion that three young black men could make a decision for themselves and didn't need a middle aged white man (whose only their because two of them wanted him to be) to do so or approve it.

BacktoBasics
03-14-2021, 04:41 PM

It basically comes down to Harden actually being smart about it. I honestly didn’t think he has it him. Durant is basically a cuck so not much of problem there. He’s like the chick that conforms to whoever she’s dating. New guy loves metal, she loves metal. New guy is country, she’ll go buy new boots.

Irving is an unstable bipolar loon that resembles the prototypical ex wife who gets hung up on meth and stripping because she thinks she’s “hot” and “important”.

Like all guys looking to get laid Harden has basically told Kyrie what he wants to hear and pampers his ego while Durant watches from the corner of the room. If Harden can avoid the AIDS and herpes he should get a hot night out of those two losers.

Then like always it’ll blow up before it really gets going. Kyrie will eventually melt unless he gets heavily medicated and Durant will continue playing second fiddle.

Harden isn’t a Net for life. When Kyrie shits the bed he’ll hold the front office hostage like he’s done everywhere else and he’ll probably move on after this bender blows itself up.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 04:48 PM
I like the way you're thinking there...that makes alot of sense...for both sides...If he really wants to go that route though he should put it on the table and get ddr now...that way he's got more control this summer and he can see how the chemistry works before committing long term.

I’m sorry but no org is hot on DDR. Rightfully or wrongly. Also PATFO fleecing Ainge? Have you seen their recent track record?

mo7888
03-14-2021, 04:52 PM
I’m sorry but no org is hot on DDR. Rightfully or wrongly. Also PATFO fleecing Ainge? Have you seen their recent track record?

I have no idea if patfo can fleece Ainge.... there aren't even any suggestions of what a package would look like.... it would obviously cost ainge more now than this summer.... he'd just have to decide if getting a look at how they fit without committing long term is worth it or not..... but as for fit.... DDR would help that team alot...

buttsR4rebounding
03-14-2021, 04:52 PM

They haven’t really played together very much with Durant out for 11 games or more now. Let’s see them play for an extended period of time and through some adversity before anointing Nash as the 2nd coming of Pop. I admit the honeymoon period is looking good, but most do.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 05:11 PM
I have no idea if patfo can fleece Ainge.... there aren't even any suggestions of what a package would look like.... it would obviously cost ainge more now than this summer.... he'd just have to decide if getting a look at how they fit without committing long term is worth it or not..... but as for fit.... DDR would help that team alot...

if I am being honest I have had zero interest in DDR as a Spur since he was attained but I now see certain ways he could really fit, knowing our cap potential space will be hard to allocate. I actually see some information asymmetry at this point. He is very undervalued league wise. We have found a proper way to utilize him and should consider building on that versus selling at below or near market price. Repatriate him back to SG where he has a size advantage on both sides of the ball, surround him with solid defenders who can also keep the defense honest on the perimeter, add a versatile 4 and don’t overpay or commit to too long of a contract. This whole board is wet for John Collins who is basically LMA 2 years ago with some upside. I can’t see what Boston can offer and Ainge is a shark as we all know. Our new GM? Not so much.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 05:18 PM
:lmao Nash is irrelevant, just as "beautiful game" era Pop, Kerr, Stevens, Nurse and whichever great white hope has got next, will be too.

This is a homogenized league, ran by the best players. They not only determine where they play, but largely who they play with, the "culture", "system", etc. and every other relevant decision that was historically made by primarily middle aged - old white men. If they want things to work a certain way, they will.

mo7888
03-14-2021, 05:21 PM
if I am being honest I have had zero interest in DDR as a Spur since he was attained but I now see certain ways he could really fit, knowing our cap potential space will be hard to allocate. I actually see some information asymmetry at this point. He is very undervalued league wise. We have found a proper way to utilize him and should consider building on that versus selling at below or near market price. Repatriate him back to SG where he has a size advantage on both sides of the ball, surround him with solid defenders who can also keep the defense honest on the perimeter, add a versatile 4 and don’t overpay or commit to too long of a contract. This whole board is wet for John Collins who is basically LMA 2 years ago with some upside. I can’t see what Boston can offer and Ainge is a shark as we all know. Our new GM? Not so much.

I'm in agreement with you on DDR and his value to us.... I think because we've found a way to utilize him the way we do that we probably won't trade him unless a team was to overpay for the privilege.... as for John Collins.... I'm not in favor of trading for him or signing him this summer.... I think he's vastly over rated...let Minnesota pay him and watch how that works out...

KingKev
03-14-2021, 05:22 PM
It basically comes down to Harden actually being smart about it. I honestly didn’t think he has it him. Durant is basically a cuck so not much of problem there. He’s like the chick that conforms to whoever she’s dating. New guy loves metal, she loves metal. New guy is country, she’ll go buy new boots.

Irving is an unstable bipolar loon that resembles the prototypical ex wife who gets hung up on meth and stripping because she thinks she’s “hot” and “important”.

Like all guys looking to get laid Harden has basically told Kyrie what he wants to hear and pampers his ego while Durant watches from the corner of the room. If Harden can avoid the AIDS and herpes he should get a hot night out of those two losers.

Then like always it’ll blow up before it really gets going. Kyrie will eventually melt unless he gets heavily medicated and Durant will continue playing second fiddle.

Harden isn’t a Net for life. When Kyrie shits the bed he’ll hold the front office hostage like he’s done everywhere else and he’ll probably move on after this bender blows itself up.

Another worthless take. What community college did you flunk out of to become a life coach? I’d pay 10x for strip club therapy than listening to your clown ass. Either way you probably can’t even get in the building.

The Truth #6
03-14-2021, 05:38 PM
Coaching is usually only a factor when it's bad. I agree with TD 21 in that this a talent-driven league. Harden, Durant, and Irving on the same team? Of course they will be heavily favored to do well.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 05:38 PM
They haven’t really played together very much with Durant out for 11 games or more now. Let’s see them play for an extended period of time and through some adversity before anointing Nash as the 2nd coming of Pop. I admit the honeymoon period is looking good, but most do.

They already played a good deal with Durant. The roles of the big three were clear at that point. Listen, I watch the Nets. They're in my market. Don't just make shit up.

Trainwreck2100
03-14-2021, 05:41 PM

:lol heat trying to dump Leonard's problems on the spurs

BackHome
03-14-2021, 05:44 PM
To have those 3 Egos on the same team you gotta give Nash some credit just to keep the boat going in the same direction - Will see in Playoffs that is when I judge how good a coach is by making adjustments when he needs to and getting the team to respond when things are not going there way...

BacktoBasics
03-14-2021, 06:09 PM
Another worthless take. What community college did you flunk out of to become a life coach? I’d pay 10x for strip club therapy than listening to your clown ass. Either way you probably can’t even get in the building.

No counter argument. Instead just hurl an insult.

Never seen you do that before.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 06:32 PM
No counter argument. Instead just hurl an insult.

Never seen you do that before.

I really didn’t see anything to counter. The aids and herpes comment?

BacktoBasics
03-14-2021, 07:06 PM
I really didn’t see anything to counter. The aids and herpes comment?

Sorry if that hit a little too close to home.

Kyrie is a mess and when his bipolar pendulum swings there’s a good chance those around him are gonna get infected with his bullshit.

KingKev
03-14-2021, 07:29 PM
Sorry if that hit a little too close to home.

Kyrie is a mess and when his bipolar pendulum swings there’s a good chance those around him are gonna get infected with his bullshit.

Are you actually a designated anything? A life coach should have some credentials no? Your dream should be getting the germ. Atleast that means something, anything, at the time actually wanted to fk you. Muppet.

daslicer
03-14-2021, 07:30 PM
:lmao Nash is irrelevant, just as "beautiful game" era Pop, Kerr, Stevens, Nurse and whichever great white hope has got next, will be too.

This is a homogenized league, ran by the best players. They not only determine where they play, but largely who they play with, the "culture", "system", etc. and every other relevant decision that was historically made by primarily middle aged - old white men. If they want things to work a certain way, they will.

Nash is showing what a mockery NBA coaching is. I have said for years players are the reason why teams win and not coaches in the NBA. My drunk uncle coached the Warriors Super team with Durant-Curry and still would have had the same amount of success as Kerr did. Nurse is a cuck that lucked out with getting Kawhi for a brief minute but if he never had Kawhi we would not be hearing about this clown. NBA is the only sports league I can think of where coaching doesn't matter and it's all about the players.

BacktoBasics
03-14-2021, 08:51 PM
Are you actually a designated anything? A life coach should have some credentials no? Your dream should be getting the germ. Atleast that means something, anything, at the time actually wanted to fk you. Muppet.

Good luck being you. Assholes are a dime a dozen. Fishing to get a rise out of a stranger must be hugely fulfilling in an otherwise lackluster life. No doubt you’re as bad at being a dick on a forum as you are in real life.

I know you need the last word to tamp down that ego. So by all means get it out of the way so we can move on and put your tantrum behind us.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 11:25 PM
Nash is showing what a mockery NBA coaching is. I have said for years players are the reason why teams win and not coaches in the NBA. My drunk uncle coached the Warriors Super team with Durant-Curry and still would have had the same amount of success as Kerr did. Nurse is a cuck that lucked out with getting Kawhi for a brief minute but if he never had Kawhi we would not be hearing about this clown. NBA is the only sports league I can think of where coaching doesn't matter and it's all about the players.

It used to matter more from an X's and O's perspective when system basketball was still a thing. They've been rendered obsolete due to homogenization.

It still matters more by default than the MLB and NHL, but players are the reason why teams win in every league.

Ice009
03-15-2021, 02:02 AM
:lol heat trying to dump Leonard's problems on the spurs

What exactly has this Leonard guy done/said that has pissed everyone off? I don't give a shit about him enough to have looked it up.

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2021, 02:06 AM
What exactly has this Leonard guy done/said that has pissed everyone off? I don't give a shit about him enough to have looked it up.

said a bad word in reference to jewish people on a twitch stream

Ice009
03-15-2021, 02:27 AM
said a bad word in reference to jewish people on a twitch stream

And what happened? He's not allowed to play anymore?

tbdog
03-15-2021, 04:04 AM
And what happened? He's not allowed to play anymore?

https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/status/1369353805138178049?s=20

This cost him $50k and a ban.

Edit* for the record, it's pretty bad slur to say.

Ice009
03-15-2021, 05:06 AM
https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/status/1369353805138178049?s=20

This cost him $50k and a ban.

Edit* for the record, it's pretty bad slur to say.

Thanks for the video. I don't even know what the slur means.

tbdog
03-15-2021, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the video. I don't even know what the slur means.

Kike is a derogatory slur for a Jewish person

Dverde
03-15-2021, 09:16 AM
I’d only be okay with Meyers Leonard on the roster if he wore number 2. DNP him every game.

mo7888
03-15-2021, 09:23 AM
I’d only be okay with Meyers Leonard on the roster if he wore number 2. DNP him every game.

If he's part of the trade it's only to waive him..

Dverde
03-15-2021, 09:34 AM
If he's part of the trade it's only to waive him..

Yup, I get that. Only making fun that he has Nephew’s last name.

Ice009
03-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Kike is a derogatory slur for a Jewish person

Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance. I don't know much about Jews or derogatory slurs against them. I didn't even know the word he was saying. I'll look it up.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 09:36 AM
"Plus, after recent weeks in which it seemed Boston was more interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes, league personnel now say Boston is primarily focused on landing LaMarcus Aldridge."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2936163-rival-nba-execs-see-major-trade-opportunity-in-orlandos-available-stars.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

exstatic
03-15-2021, 09:49 AM
"Plus, after recent weeks in which it seemed Boston was more interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes, league personnel now say Boston is primarily focused on landing LaMarcus Aldridge."

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2936163-rival-nba-execs-see-major-trade-opportunity-in-orlandos-available-stars.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

I don’t trust Ainge, or believe anything Boston leaks, but it would be nice if we could work a 3 way where we send LMA to Boston, they send the needed prospect contract that has to go out to keep them under the apron to SAC, and SAC sends Barnes to us, with either our 2021 first or Lonnie going to SAC.

KingKev
03-15-2021, 09:55 AM
I don’t trust Ainge, or believe anything Boston leaks, but it would be nice if we could work a 3 way where we send LMA to Boston, they send the needed prospect contract that has to go out to keep them under the apron to SAC, and SAC sends Barnes to us, with either our 2021 first or Lonnie going to SAC.

Barnes would be a nice fit and what you posted is probably what it would take. If we are trading a young asset or a first i’d rather go all in and do both on someone who could move the needle. I’m all for moving any combo of 1 or 2 first rounder plus Lonnie, Sammy and/or Poetl to get something bigger done when the next disgruntled star emerges.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 09:57 AM

Meanwhile, the Spurs are so tight-lipped that the news about the LMA-Pop split came out of Pop's mouth himself and Woj/Shams had to tweet about it afterwards.

So we know two things:

1) if it's going to be a buyout, it's going to happen swiftly (no news about it beforehand)
2) we won't know if other Spur players are included or not, but the reported interested teams and packages could be real (because other teams leak)

KingKev
03-15-2021, 10:06 AM
Meanwhile, the Spurs are so tight-lipped that the news about the LMA-Pop split came out of Pop's mouth himself and Woj/Shams had to tweet about it afterwards.

So we know two things:

1) if it's going to be a buyout, it's going to happen swiftly (no news about it beforehand)
2) we won't know if other Spur players are included or not, but the reported interested teams and packages could be real (because other teams leak)

i’ll add a 3rd:

PATFO is probably still examining how likely of a potential playoff team we are. That may dictate an LMA trade that helps immediately versus a buy out and conceding it’s time to write the season off.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 10:10 AM
i’ll add a 3rd:

PATFO is probably still examining how likely of a potential playoff team we are. That may dictate an LMA trade that helps immediately versus a buy out and conceding it’s time to write the season off.

Add to that: they may still be gauging who else to include in a potential LMA trade.

rankingtear
03-15-2021, 10:13 AM
Theis seems to be out of the rotation for BOS. Would love to have him in a time share with Jakob.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 10:23 AM
"Memphis Grizzlies

The Grizzlies are open to moving center Gorgui Dieng and are receiving interest from several teams, sources said. The 6-foot-11 big man is seen as a rim protector on the open market and is shooting a career-best 47.9 percent from 3-point range (2.2 attempts per game) this season. Dieng is on an expiring deal worth $17.2 million."

Spurs get Dieng, John Konchar
Grizzlies get LMA

Who says no and why?

Edit: I guess LMA wouldn't crack that rotation either

KingKev
03-15-2021, 10:27 AM
Add to that: they may still be gauging who else to include in a potential LMA trade.

Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 10:30 AM
Great point. For me no one is untouchable. Would hate to see DJ, Keldon go for me they are cornerstone pieces if we could add all star level talent. To a lesser extent would think White or Vassell are certainly in the ling term plans. Luka, Jak and Lonnie are my preferred exits of value.

You don't get many opportunities to trade an expiring contract of that size and be able to add value to it with your other players. It's no surprise this is taking some time.

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 10:40 AM
"LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs
Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021/03/15/amicks-nba-trade-big-board-why-these-12ish-players-could-move-before-the-deadline/?amp#click=https://t.co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body diminishes the meaning of these words

cd98
03-15-2021, 10:46 AM
I agree that league talking heads are bashing on LMA too much. When you need a basket in a tight game, you can still give him the ball and have him score on the block. His issue isn't his offense. His issue is his defense. And it is an issue, but not nearly so if he is coming off the bench.

cd021
03-15-2021, 11:09 AM
Just because Jakob Poeltl played his way into Aldridge’s Spurs’ starting job doesn’t mean the seven-time All-Star’s time as an impact player has come to an end. Let’s not forget that he averaged 18.9 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 1.6 blocks per game as a starter just last season.

All indications are that his relocation will come via trade, as sources say interested GMs have been told that there are five teams firmly in the mix. Yet as is the case with so many other veterans on this list, the money makes it challenging for contenders to land him without losing roster depth in return. Aldridge is owed $24 million in this final season of his deal."

https://theathletic.com/2450395/2021/03/15/amicks-nba-trade-big-board-why-these-12ish-players-could-move-before-the-deadline/?amp#click=https://t.co/uQddl0OJDq

"Five teams" "firmly"

If there are really 5 teams in the mix, then PATFO just might be able to get a team to part with a first for him.

Still a long shot, but this news seems to decrease the likelihood of a buyout and increases the chance of the Spurs getting an asset.

NASpurs
03-15-2021, 11:09 AM

"Five teams" "firmly"

In before Mr. Body (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=397) diminishes the meaning of these words

Anything worth of interest in this link?

https://theathletic.com/2450600/?source=twitterhq

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 11:20 AM
Anything worth of interest in this link?

https://theathletic.com/2450600/?source=twitterhq

Not really.

Same stuff for SA.

Minnesota + Portland are after Aaron Gordon

Hawks looking for wing players

Celtics after John Collins

Dverde
03-15-2021, 11:49 AM
Spurs trade them Rudy to get Zach Collins. Spurs immediately buy out LMA instead of trading him allowing Portland a chance of also getting LMA.

https://i.postimg.cc/43YR3s0p/F8-C1-EB03-2-F15-4633-BA56-8-C229-B1-AB9-A3.jpg

mo7888
03-15-2021, 12:07 PM

I agree that no one should be untouchable for the right deal....

Degoat
03-15-2021, 12:22 PM
Pretty bad trade imo but the Dunc’d on podcast did a trade deadline preview and they do hypothetical trades in which they traded LMA and a spurs first round pick top 8 protected for Evan Fournier, Mo Bamba

They also had the spurs in a John Collins trade but they said the trade could only happen if the spurs traded either Keldon or Devin Vassell

slick'81
03-15-2021, 12:24 PM
Celtics,heat and blazers are interested and waiting for lma to get bought out....

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 12:38 PM
https://twitter.com/GregSylvander/status/1371513244750340098?s=19

Degoat
03-15-2021, 01:01 PM
Yeah there’s no chance we get Kelly Olynyk now, he’s been playing great lately

Chillen
03-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Spurs won't get sh*t for him the teams that want him will just wait for him to get bought out instead of trade offers. If he gets bought out he's an idiot if he doesn't sign with Nets, Clippers or Lakers.

cd98
03-15-2021, 01:26 PM
Spurs were never going to get a great haul for him. The thing is they have to look and see if they can get something they want knowing they can always buy him out. Trading him is not worth taking on extra salary unless the Spurs get a first round draft pick for it or a player they really want.

GreekSpursfan
03-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Spurs won't get sh*t for him the teams that want him will just wait for him to get bought out instead of trade offers. If he gets bought out he's an idiot if he doesn't sign with Nets, Clippers or Lakers.

What Clippers bro, they trash, only injuries can derail the inevitable Nets- Lakers finals. There is only three teams for LMA, Portland, LA, Brooklyn, that's it imo. I really like how Utah plays but we all know what will happen when its time.

cd98
03-15-2021, 01:55 PM
What Clippers bro, they trash, only injuries can derail the inevitable Nets- Lakers finals. There is only three teams for LMA, Portland, LA, Brooklyn, that's it imo. I really like how Utah plays but we all know what will happen when its time.

I actually think that's why we have a shot at trading him. He will go to either LA or Portland, I believe. I don't think he'll go to Brooklyn because he's not really an east coast guy. But if Boston or the Heat want him, they are going to need to trade for him because he isn't going there is a buy-out.

GreekSpursfan
03-15-2021, 01:57 PM
I actually think that's why we have a shot at trading him. He will go to either LA or Portland, I believe. I don't think he'll go to Brooklyn because he's not really an east coast guy. But if Boston or the Heat want him, they are going to need to trade for him because he isn't going there is a buy-out.

I agree that we have a shot but don't expect much, don't expect a first for example

cd98
03-15-2021, 02:27 PM
I agree that we have a shot but don't expect much, don't expect a first for example

I agree. Any trade will be meh unless a younger player is packaged. And no way he will bring a first unless it is to take on long term salary. Spurs have no incentive to trade him vs. a buyout to get a guy they don't like beyond this year absent a first round pick. If it isn't for other expirings, they have to like the player enough to compromise cap space. The only draft pick situation I see is if GSW wanted to get rid of Wiggins. They would never trade the Twolves pick but if they have their own pick this year, they could trade that to get rid of Wiggins's contract. But I see them sticking with Wiggins simply because Klay Thompson is injured and won't be back for a while and Wiggins can spell him without the three point shooting.

lefty
03-15-2021, 02:32 PM
I agree but to a certain degree

Not saying Mark Jackson didn't do a good job, but Kerr implement more ball movement, off the ball plays, cutting, all kinds of screens screens making the offense more dangerous

But yeah, good luck winning a title with the T Wolves or Cavs today I agree

baseline bum
03-15-2021, 02:33 PM

Don't see the point in giving up a draft pick for Barnes. Spurs are fine at the three with Keldon for a fraction of the price.

Thomas82
03-15-2021, 02:52 PM
I agree. Any trade will be meh unless a younger player is packaged. And no way he will bring a first unless it is to take on long term salary. Spurs have no incentive to trade him vs. a buyout to get a guy they don't like beyond this year absent a first round pick. If it isn't for other expirings, they have to like the player enough to compromise cap space. The only draft pick situation I see is if GSW wanted to get rid of Wiggins. They would never trade the Twolves pick but if they have their own pick this year, they could trade that to get rid of Wiggins's contract. But I see them sticking with Wiggins simply because Klay Thompson is injured and won't be back for a while and Wiggins can spell him without the three point shooting.

What about Cleveland with Kevin Love's contract or OKC with Al Horford?

cd98
03-15-2021, 03:06 PM
What about Cleveland with Kevin Love's contract or OKC with Al Horford?

I don't think Cavs will give up a draft pick to trade Love. I only say GSW because they have the Twolves pick and they hope to make the playoffs making their own pick less valuable. Considering they are a free agent destination given their location and winning reputation as of late, I could see them valuing cap space. I think the Cavs want to keep their draft pick. No one is signing there as a free agent unless Lebron comes back and that isn't happening. I don't know their cap situation, but I think they will swallow the Love contract if it means keeping their draft picks in what expect to be loaded drafts. I also think the Thunder prefer draft picks over Hortford. I just see them as patiently looking to the future and knowing that free agents aren't coming there when they don't have the basics of a winning team. Unless they are in a luxury tax type situation, I think they are in the business of buying draft picks with their cap space, not selling their draft picks for cap space.

cd021
03-15-2021, 03:14 PM
Spurs trade them Rudy to get Zach Collins. Spurs immediately buy out LMA instead of trading him allowing Portland a chance of also getting LMA.

https://i.postimg.cc/43YR3s0p/F8-C1-EB03-2-F15-4633-BA56-8-C229-B1-AB9-A3.jpg

That would put the Spurs in the tax. Also, apparently Portland is irrationally high on Collins though Gay could help them. Portland also has most of their picks available to be a deal done. Maybe something like Hood, Little and a 2026 second for Gay

FutureMan
03-15-2021, 03:16 PM
If the Spurs can’t sign free agents (which has been the narrative forever) why not just let Aldridge’s contract expire. Keeps him from signing somewhere and teaches other teams to play ball or lose out.

BackHome
03-15-2021, 03:17 PM
19 pages and LMA is still not gone. Lol

cd98
03-15-2021, 03:19 PM

I wish it were because so many teams want him that they keep bidding up the price. My guess is that he is the second choice for a lot of teams, so once one of the doors closes on this player or that, we will see a deal get done. If there was a draft pick from any team involved, this would be done already. My guess is we are going to trade him for a bunch of expiring deals or a player they like enough to keep around for another year. Beyond that, it would be better to just buy him out and save the cap space.

cd021
03-15-2021, 03:22 PM
I don't think Cavs will give up a draft pick to trade Love. I only say GSW because they have the Twolves pick and they hope to make the playoffs making their own pick less valuable. Considering they are a free agent destination given their location and winning reputation as of late, I could see them valuing cap space. I think the Cavs want to keep their draft pick. No one is signing there as a free agent unless Lebron comes back and that isn't happening. I don't know their cap situation, but I think they will swallow the Love contract if it means keeping their draft picks in what expect to be loaded drafts. I also think the Thunder prefer draft picks over Hortford. I just see them as patiently looking to the future and knowing that free agents aren't coming there when they don't have the basics of a winning team. Unless they are in a luxury tax type situation, I think they are in the business of buying draft picks with their cap space, not selling their draft picks for cap space.
I don't think they'd trade that Minny pick to offload Wiggins, that's one of the best assets in the league.

Maybe GSW would be interested if it was their own pick this year, and in 2023, to offload $30 million for next season while still holding on to that Minnesota pick and saving millions more in luxury tax.

cd98
03-15-2021, 03:27 PM
I don't think they'd trade that Minny pick to offload Wiggins, that's one of the best assets in the league.

Maybe GSW would be interested if it was their own pick this year, and in 2023, to offload $30 million for next season while still holding on to that Minnesota pick and saving millions more in luxury tax.

OH I agree they won't trade the Minny pick. I meant they could trade their own pick next year. I don't see them trading more than one pick to clear salary cap space and I honestly don't even see them trading either. Wiggins fills a need with Thompson being injured and until they know Thompson is back and 100%, he is their insurance. Plus, if they get two guys in the next draft that contribute and are cheap, they can live with overpaying Wiggins. It's just if there is a draft pick, I could see that as the only scenario.

BacktoBasics
03-15-2021, 03:30 PM
Let’s just be done with the talk of getting a 1st for Aldridge. No team is going to do that unless we return a significant rotation player and I don’t see any value in doing that.

To even sniff a lottery pick we’d have to give up two rotation players and a pick of our own.

No one is giving us free shit.

cd98
03-15-2021, 03:36 PM
Let’s just be done with the talk of getting a 1st for Aldridge. No team is going to do that unless we return a significant rotation player and I don’t see any value in doing that.

To even sniff a lottery pick we’d have to give up two rotation players and a pick of our own.

No one is giving us free shit.

That's highly likely to be the case. If a team needed cap space though, and wanted to give us a guy like Love or Wiggins that has multiple years on a contract, the Spurs wouldn't trade LMA unless a draft pick is attached. It's not LMA being exchanged for the draft pick, it's the cap space.

BackHome
03-15-2021, 03:40 PM
I think a team like Boston who has so many draft picks and a contending team might not care much for a late first round pick. They probably don’t want it as they looking at trying to keep or add experience players to compete for a title.

bluebellmaniac
03-15-2021, 03:47 PM
Send him to Boston for a 2nd. Done.

He's likely to be a buyout otherwise. We don't need more players on the roster and it's unlikely to produce a 1st. Grab a second for a stash high ceiling Euro and be happy.

BackHome
03-15-2021, 04:03 PM
Boston will have a late first and two second round picks I believe - But with the 2022 free agent class being the jewel for many teams they will want to have as much space to get that franchise changing player “Spurs have NO Chance” in getting that type of free agent.

cd98
03-15-2021, 04:09 PM

He's likely to be a buyout otherwise. We don't need more players on the roster and it's unlikely to produce a 1st. Grab a second for a stash high ceiling Euro and be happy.

Boston has to send us something back, even if they use their trade exception, so they don't go over the luxury tax. So I doubt any pick would be involved in that trade scenario. It would be player swaps. The Spurs would have to want the extra salary in return. If it required them taking on more salary, then hopefully they demand a pick.

Degoat
03-15-2021, 04:13 PM
I’d like Grant Williams from Boston tbh

cd021
03-15-2021, 04:14 PM
OH I agree they won't trade the Minny pick. I meant they could trade their own pick next year. I don't see them trading more than one pick to clear salary cap space and I honestly don't even see them trading either. Wiggins fills a need with Thompson being injured and until they know Thompson is back and 100%, he is their insurance. Plus, if they get two guys in the next draft that contribute and are cheap, they can live with overpaying Wiggins. It's just if there is a draft pick, I could see that as the only scenario.

In order to get out of paying $30 million, it will require at least two picks or a pick and a young asset that they don't have--other than Wiseman.

It's a fair point on Wiggins, he fills a role, and would take pressure off of Thompson next season. However, with Curry, Thompson, Draymond, and Wiggins are making $30 million plus next season, it all adds up to them being an incredibly expensive team--plus they have to re-sign Oubre and Wiseman is already expensive because he was a high pick.

In other words, they may not have a choice but to move Wiggins. Minnesota's pick isn't likely to convey this season anyways, so they might not be able to get a contributor with that pick to offset Wiggins next season not to mention that pick's salary could be expensive in and of itself.

Besides, they haven't had a great track record of drafting in recent years so it's not necessarily something that they can count on.

SnakeBoy
03-15-2021, 04:14 PM

:lol

He's like herpes

cd021
03-15-2021, 04:23 PM

Boston has to send us something back, even if they use their trade exception, so they don't go over the luxury tax. So I doubt any pick would be involved in that trade scenario. It would be player swaps. The Spurs would have to want the extra salary in return. If it required them taking on more salary, then hopefully they demand a pick.

If they're really five teams in the mix for Aldridge, simply getting a second if I'm Boston would be bad return unless they're prioritizing where he wants to go. Boston can afford to pay more than a second round pick and the Spurs should ask for as much.

Thompson is under contract for next season for almost $10 million, if the Spurs are willing to take him back, it would save Boston money next year and possibly justify the Spurs asking for Boston's 2021 first in return for Aldridge.

FutureMan
03-15-2021, 04:34 PM
Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.

Mr. Body
03-15-2021, 04:34 PM

"Five teams" "firmly"

Huh?

I never said he wasn't getting traded. What are you on?

I said it was unlikely or impossible that the Spurs would dump him on a terrible, non-playoff team.

What are you talking about?

Joseph Kony
03-15-2021, 04:36 PM
Let’s get this rolling already!

GSW: DeRozan, Aldridge, Walker, & SAS 2022 1st
SAS: Wiggins, Oubre, Wiseman, & the Minny pick

We give up our 1st in 2022 since the Minny pick will be unprotected then. So basically a “pick swap” that year and it will probably be a top 5 pick.

BOS: Gay
SAS: 2022 2nd

2022 2nd to replace the one we traded a few years back.

that first trade is so laughable, why even post it :lol come on man

BackHome
03-15-2021, 04:39 PM

He's like herpes

Hopefully he like the "Gift That Keeps On Giving" and his trade gets us a draft pick...:spin

Your quote had me rolling dude..lol

Dejounte
03-15-2021, 04:40 PM
Huh?

I never said he wasn't getting traded. What are you on?

I said it was unlikely or impossible that the Spurs would dump him on a terrible, non-playoff team.

What are you talking about?

I'm lightheartedly making fun of you for this post:

No, "level of confidence" is not a high level. It's carefully worded and level means in this sense "at least a little."

jjspur
03-15-2021, 04:46 PM
No matter what we get for Aldridge, it probably wont be much, the rest of the league will think that we just caved because we couldn't find a deal to our/his liking. Let him wait until after the deadline if necessary to buy him out. He is still likely getting paid the majority of his salary if not all of it. He has made his money, its now about the rings of which he doesn't have one yet.

baseline bum
03-15-2021, 04:47 PM

He's like herpes

No, that was Steve Smith

FutureMan
03-15-2021, 04:51 PM
that first trade is so laughable, why even post it :lol come on man

Laughable for who?? Because I’ve seen people argue it both ways and that’s typically the sign of a decent trade.

Sugus
03-15-2021, 04:53 PM
Laughable for who?? Because I’ve seen people argue it both ways and that’s typically the sign of a decent trade.

The Warriors hang up the phone mid-introductory pitch for that trade, that's how bad it is. The only people you might've seen arguing it's laughable for the Spurs to do, are probably homers on this board, and even then I'd love to see a quote and whether it was that specific scenario. It's simply beyond unrealistic.

Joseph Kony
03-15-2021, 04:56 PM
you're kidding right? why on earth would the warriors trade away Wiseman and a lotto pick in this year's deep draft plus their SF depth for a worse pick and some expirings plus walker? that is a terrible trade for GSW :lol good trade for SA though.

FutureMan
03-15-2021, 05:05 PM
you're kidding right? why on earth would the warriors trade away Wiseman and a lotto pick in this year's deep draft plus their SF depth for a worse pick and some expirings plus walker? that is a terrible trade for GSW :lol good trade for SA though.

A lineup of:

Curry
Thompson
DeRozan
Green
Aldridge

vet mins and Walker off the bench should be enough to compete. At this point if they don’t do something drastic IMO they have left the contenders conversation. Also Wiseman has underperformed and is owed a ton of $$$$

I also appreciate your positive outlook on the Spurs but the pick we would be giving them will probably be a lottery pick too haha

scott
03-15-2021, 06:10 PM
LMA + [Young Wings] + An Old Guy + However Many #1 Picks It Takes to get Vooch.

[Young Wings] = Any of Keldon, Derrick, Lonnie, Vassell. To me, DJ is the only truly off limits one. Would rank Keldon and Derrick and the next two important that you try to keep... but if they gotta go, they gotta go. I see Keldon's ceiling being a 17 ppg / 7 rpg guy. By all means, that's a solid player - but I don't see him every approaching Vooch's level.

This assumes we are resigning Demar. If not, just send LMA off for anything and keep rebuilding. John Collins ain't coming tho.

RC_Drunkford
03-15-2021, 06:12 PM
A lineup of:

Curry
Thompson
DeRozan
Green
Aldridge

vet mins and Walker off the bench should be enough to compete. At this point if they don’t do something drastic IMO they have left the contenders conversation. Also Wiseman has underperformed and is owed a ton of $$$$

I also appreciate your positive outlook on the Spurs but the pick we would be giving them will probably be a lottery pick too haha

Thompson is out for the season and LA and DeMar are expiring contracts. That line up would never play together even if they make the trade. That’s why your trade idea is so retarded

cjw
03-15-2021, 06:16 PM
A lineup of:

Curry
Thompson
DeRozan
Green
Aldridge

Are they also trading for Tristan Thompson? Because Klay isn’t playing anymore this year.

In all seriousness though, to people saying Demar is “an expiring” are totally off base. He would absolutely resign with GSW and a trade like this would be there only way to acquire someone of his caliber. I’d jump at that trade in a heartbeat, and don’t think Golden State hangs up the phone that quickly. Maybe if you drop the Minny and Spurs picks from the equation, you get to something a little more fair.

daslicer
03-15-2021, 06:59 PM
I agree but to a certain degree

Not saying Mark Jackson didn't do a good job, but Kerr implement more ball movement, off the ball plays, cutting, all kinds of screens screens making the offense more dangerous

But yeah, good luck winning a title with the T Wolves or Cavs today I agree

Kerr made some small improvements like you said but it really came down to Curry becoming an MVP player along with Klay becoming the second best SG in the league that catapulted the Warriors to elite status.