PDA

View Full Version : What a LaMarcus Aldridge Trade to the Heat Would Look Like

timvp
03-12-2021, 05:59 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-miami-heat-what-deal-would-look-like/

BillMc
03-12-2021, 06:04 PM
Thanks OP!

mo7888
03-12-2021, 06:08 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/lamarcus-aldridge-trade-miami-heat-what-deal-would-look-like/

If we are going to be sellers then I'm OK with any of these because KO is a good fit... I hope you do a few of these where we are buyers...packaging our pick plus a player to go after a real difference maker to go along with the seller scenarios.

Mr. Body
03-12-2021, 06:12 PM
I would be up for Kelly Olynyk, definitely. Not sure why an inclusion of Gay for Iguodala would be much interest whatsoever. Trey Lyles moving is almost a plus -- Pop seems enamored of playing him over Samanic, who actually has some impact on a game and can rebound.

timvp
03-12-2021, 06:13 PM
I hope you do a few of these where we are buyers...packaging our pick plus a player to go after a real difference maker to go along with the seller scenarios.

Yeah, that's the plan :tu

mo7888
03-12-2021, 06:17 PM
Yeah, that's the plan :tu

:bobo

DPG21920
03-12-2021, 06:22 PM
This would be simply a gift for MIA and LMA and does nothing to help Spurs. A buyout simply makes more sense if this is the type of deal(s). If anything, SA should consider adding an asset (Rudy or a pick) for someone they actually like longish term (Precious)

duncan2150
03-12-2021, 06:34 PM
This would be simply a gift for MIA and LMA and does nothing to help Spurs. A buyout simply makes more sense if this is the type of deal(s). If anything, SA should consider adding an asset (Rudy or a pick) for someone they actually like longish term (Precious)

Why a gift ? that's just lamarcus value. You could have a 2nd round for him but not more and we know that since last summer.

The idea of giving a pick for a precious type player is not bad.

John B
03-12-2021, 07:05 PM
I think teams like Miami cannot afford the mind game and wait for Spurs to buy out Aldridge. Another contender can definitely swoop him, and leave Miami with their hand on their d*ck.

ducks
03-12-2021, 07:09 PM
I think teams like Miami cannot afford the mind game and wait for Spurs to buy out Aldridge. Another contender can definitely swoop him, and leave Miami with their hand on their d*ck.

Are you gay

cd021
03-12-2021, 07:26 PM
The Heat still have a 2027 second rounder that could and probably should be attached to any version of a potential deal. Also, Iggy's deal is a team option for next season. it wouldn't be an issue.

Probably Gay and Aldridge for Olynyk, Iggy, Leonard, and the Heat's 2027 2nd rounder.

Post Trade rotation:

Murray, White, DDR, Johnson, Poeltl
Mills, Walker, Vassell, Lyles/ Luka, Olynyk

tonight...you
03-12-2021, 07:26 PM
Are you gay
You're interested in him?
Look at you!

MultiTroll
03-12-2021, 07:41 PM
Gay for Iggy.
Hell no!

"First of all, Iguodala is 37 years old and is due more than $17 million next season in the final year of his contract."

Ice009
03-12-2021, 07:44 PM
Fuck Iguodala. Didn't the Spurs try and go after him that disastrous off-season where they signed Mills for 50M and Gasol for a similarly stupid contract? He hasn't given us the time of day. I want nothing to do with that guy, especially at his current salary.

cd021
03-12-2021, 08:05 PM
Iggy's salary for next season is a team option, not guaranteed.

timvp
03-12-2021, 08:13 PM
Iggy's salary for next season is a team option, not guaranteed.

Well, damn, good catch. Spotrac doesn't have it as a team-option but looking elsewhere, that appears to be the case.

That definitely eliminates the downside to trades involving Iguodala. Time to re-write the section . . .

KingKev
03-13-2021, 12:07 AM
Personally I find all ST articles outside of grades bad. Why waste your time posting regurgitated BR articles?

Dejounte
03-13-2021, 12:12 AM
Personally I find all ST articles outside of grades bad. Why waste your time posting regurgitated BR articles?

https://media.tenor.com/images/5cb6457337181f003bee346796254b0b/tenor.gif

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54887423/the-balls-on-this-guy.jpg

KingKev
03-13-2021, 12:18 AM
For the throat I know and I respect LJ/Kori but I feel like half the board patronizes these articles because they take the time to operate the site. With that being said there is never any new information,
inside info, or getting down to the nitty gritty. Dejounte puts in work like a investment banking intern trying to land a full time gig. You should post things like that.

Truth4sale$
03-13-2021, 12:50 AM
Not a fan of trading with Miami, but not a fan of a buyout either. Nobody of real intrest to me on their roster other than Kz Okpala and I doubt we get him. If he goes to Miami we need at least a 2nd round pick even if it is 2027.

hombre
03-13-2021, 12:57 AM
Iguadala would no show.

heyheymymy
03-13-2021, 01:51 AM
For the throat I know and I respect LJ/Kori but I feel like half the board patronizes these articles because they take the time to operate the site. With that being said there is never any new information,
inside info, or getting down to the nitty gritty. Dejounte puts in work like a investment banking intern trying to land a full time gig. You should post things like that.

Cmon man it was a solid look at a few scenarios on a topic everyone is wondering about currently. Where is your trade breakdown?

tbdog
03-13-2021, 02:00 AM
Spurs should be buyers, using that LMA expiring. Vuc is my target here.

DAF86
03-13-2021, 04:54 AM
I seriously don't understand the reasoning behind saying we will part ways with Aldridge while still trying to trade him. Nobody is gonna give us shit. PATFO really sucks outside of drafting.

mo7888
03-13-2021, 05:26 AM
Spurs should be buyers, using that LMA expiring. Vuc is my target here.

Buyers...yes I'm all for it.... Vuc....nope... upgrade a more important position...

tbdog
03-13-2021, 07:00 AM
Buyers...yes I'm all for it.... Vuc....nope... upgrade a more important position...

Pop loves offense around scoring and passing bigs. I can't name a better player that's obtainable.

CGD
03-13-2021, 07:27 AM
Given Spurs track record I’d rather have late first round/protected picks, than these vets

td4mvp2k
03-13-2021, 07:45 AM
possible gay could be included and would make a better return

mo7888
03-13-2021, 08:10 AM
Pop loves offense around scoring and passing bigs. I can't name a better player that's obtainable.

Jerami Grant ... Aaron Gordon....

RC_Drunkford
03-13-2021, 10:02 AM
I'm absolutely not a fan of a trade with Miami. They have nothing I would want that would work here. Olynyk, Myers Leonard and Iggy? Hell no.

Dejounte
03-13-2021, 10:03 AM
I'm absolutely not a fan of a trade with Miami. They have nothing I would want that would work here. Olynyk, Myers Leonard and Iggy? Hell no.

Beggars can't be choosers.

BacktoBasics
03-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Your constant need to drum up or seek confrontation is a sure sign of a major void or issue in your life off the forum.

exstatic
03-13-2021, 10:52 AM
I seriously don't understand the reasoning behind saying we will part ways with Aldridge while still trying to trade him. Nobody is gonna give us shit. PATFO really sucks outside of drafting.

Apparently, you were the only one in the dark. The Spurs simply ran out of small non-serious fake injuries to use as excuses why he wasn’t playing. After that blowout against Memphis, he wasn’t going to start, and he wouldn’t come off the bench until the roster was decimated by COVID. I’m guessing the other 29 teams were clued in. Nothing was revealed in the statement, only confirmed.

Truth4sale$
03-13-2021, 11:47 AM
To move LA, it's going to take a massive 3 or 4 team trade. The teams that want him, dont have much to offer the Spurs. Spurs will have to buy him out or take on a crappy contract.
I like this trade rumor I read about:
Washington Wizards Receive: LaMarcus Aldridge

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Thomas Bryant, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, 2023 2nd Round Pick (via CHI), 2024 2nd Round Pick (via MEM)

PrimeMinister
03-13-2021, 11:54 AM
To move LA, it's going to take a massive 3 or 4 team trade. The teams that want him, dont have much to offer the Spurs. Spurs will have to buy him out or take on a crappy contract.
I like this trade rumor I read about:
Washington Wizards Receive: LaMarcus Aldridge

San Antonio Spurs Receive: Thomas Bryant, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, 2023 2nd Round Pick (via CHI), 2024 2nd Round Pick (via MEM)

Shame Bryant doesn’t have any more years of control on his deal. Basically just a grenade you’re holding before free agency, probably very limited play time next year.

If you can get 2 seconds it’s worth. RoLo and Ish are of little consequence, both rentals. This isn’t bad.

KingKev
03-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Your constant need to drum up or seek confrontation is a sure sign of a major void or issue in your life off the forum.

Inferiority complex coupled with lockdown here in TO for sure ��. I get excited to read these articles from real, intelligent and local Spurs fans whom I’ve always assumed were tapped in so I expect more meat and potatoes versus what we all read on BR daily is all.

buttsR4rebounding
03-13-2021, 12:08 PM
Shame Bryant doesn’t have any more years of control on his deal. Basically just a grenade you’re holding before free agency, probably very limited play time next year.

If you can get 2 seconds it’s worth. RoLo and Ish are of little consequence, both rentals. This isn’t bad.

Spurs would have to waive someone. Would either be Lyles or Eubanks.

spurraider21
03-13-2021, 12:22 PM
dream scenario is where lyles goes too. force the old man to play Luka once in a while

BatManu20
03-13-2021, 12:42 PM
God what a depressing return on investment this would be. Getting an expiring Kelly Olynyk in return for our Max player... awful.

PATFO really blew it with this one. Should’ve traded LMA last year when he still had some value. Now he’s worth shit.

duncan2150
03-13-2021, 01:04 PM
God what a depressing return on investment this would be. Getting an expiring Kelly Olynyk in return for our Max player... awful.

PATFO really blew it with this one. Should’ve traded LMA last year when he still had some value. Now he’s worth shit.

Strange manner to analyse thing, hey ho lamarcus is 35 years old now and he gave nearly what spurs want during 5 years. Even a buyout will not be shocking. He did not have value last year, pretty same like today.

DAF86
03-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Apparently, you were the only one in the dark. The Spurs simply ran out of small non-serious fake injuries to use as excuses why he wasn’t playing. After that blowout against Memphis, he wasn’t going to start, and he wouldn’t come off the bench until the roster was decimated by COVID. I’m guessing the other 29 teams were clued in. Nothing was revealed in the statement, only confirmed.

There are several things they could have done other than telling any potential suitor that if they wait they can get Aldridge for free. That's just plain dumb. And no, no matter how much we can all especulate, it is not the same as knowing for sure that if the Spurs don't manage to trade him, they are going to cut him anyways. Especially since Aldridge is still a decent enough rotational piece.

I would be very surprised if this shit doesn't end up in a buy out, there's just no incentive whatsoever for teams to give anything in return for Aldridge, when they know they can get him for free in a couple of weeks. Only teams that would be interested on a potential trade are the ones that want to get rid of a bad contract.

Teamduncan21
03-13-2021, 01:37 PM

Spurs is just getting anything they still possibly can. Cause lma is leaving anyway.

Dejounte
03-13-2021, 01:38 PM
There are several things they could have done other than telling any potential suitor that if they wait they can get Aldridge for free. That's just plain dumb. And no, no matter how much we can all especulate, it is not the same as knowing for sure that if the Spurs don't manage to trade him, they are going to cut him anyways. Especially since Aldridge is still a decent enough rotational piece.

I would be very surprised if this shit doesn't end up in a buy out, there's just no incentive whatsoever for teams to give anything in return for Aldridge, when they know they can get him for free in a couple of weeks. Only teams that would be interested on a potential trade are the ones that want to get rid of a bad contract.

I mean, you mentioned it yourself: there's multiple teams who would go after him when he's bought out. The incentive is being the one to secure him before other teams do.

I'm not saying he won't for sure get bought out, just saying it gets tiresome when you choose the worst case scenario in every thread to try and kill it.

DAF86
03-13-2021, 01:44 PM
I mean, you mentioned it yourself: there's multiple teams who would go after him when he's bought out. The incentive is being the one to secure him before other teams do.

I'm not saying he won't for sure get bought out, just saying it gets tiresome when you choose the worst case scenario in every thread to try and kill it.

On this scenario it is very clear that Aldridge will end up where he wants, and that team (and other potential suitors) probably already know where that place is. It is very unlikely that teams get on a bidding war for a guy that can be had for free and that already made up his mind about where he wants to go.

KingKev
03-13-2021, 01:47 PM
The worst case scenario is the one with a 90% possibility. Us accommodating LMA also means we might do something dumb like take back KLove, Horford or another cultural fit who will just be bought out a year from now.

exstatic
03-13-2021, 02:35 PM

So, he’s a decent rotation piece, meaning multiple teams will probably want him, but we won’t be able to get anything in trade? Someone will want to cut to the front of the line. Make book on it.

KingKev
03-13-2021, 02:42 PM
So, he’s a decent rotation piece, meaning multiple teams will probably want him, but we won’t be able to get anything in trade? Someone will want to cut to the front of the line. Make book on it.

Many will try and cut to the front of the line with garbage offers. Nothing we like. He will not garner a 1st or a young asset. The teams that want him and whom he will sign off on a trade to have zero to offer or can’t make the math work. Buyout imminent. If we came away with a second and no cap hit beyond this year we should all be exstatic.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2021, 02:53 PM
Going to Miami at least puts him in the East. He may be on the decline but he’d probably still light us up for 40 having a season’s best performance like a lot of ex-Spurs who come back to visit.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2021, 02:56 PM
A buyout seems likely to me. As others have said, maybe he becomes part of a multi-team deal. That’s the only trade scenario I see happening.

Oh, and if Lyles is included somehow I’d be thrilled.

tbdog
03-13-2021, 05:06 PM
Jerami Grant ... Aaron Gordon....

How they better than an all-star center?

mo7888
03-13-2021, 05:36 PM
How they better than an all-star center?

For several reasons....but we can just go with...they play both ends of the court and Vuc doesn't..

Number 2
03-13-2021, 05:52 PM
Iguadala is one of very few vets who doesn't feign admiration for Pop and the Spurs. I really can't see him ever being in SA.

Russ
03-13-2021, 06:51 PM
Unfortunately, buy out looks better than any of the above.

lmbebo
03-13-2021, 07:10 PM
Given Spurs track record I’d rather have late first round/protected picks, than these vets

LMA will no longer fetch us a 1st round pick unless its some GM looking to make a big splash and a desperate run at a championship ...

The Truth #6
03-13-2021, 07:21 PM
I think the logic of not trading within conference should go out the window in this situation. Please, trade him to a rival. It’s like a trojan horse gift. He seems washed and will likely cause grief without starting and getting his touches.

south side spur
03-13-2021, 07:43 PM
If PATFO can get a pick(s) or a solid forward or big I’ll be surprised like many are saying a buyout looks to be the only practical outcome to give Aldridge what he “deserves” at least according to Pop. So what do the finances of a buyout look like? As far as next season’s salary cap? Also, because of this buyout will it be enough to sign Walker AND Johnson before next season or is that an either or decision for PATFO?

mo7888
03-13-2021, 07:49 PM
If PATFO can get a pick(s) or a solid forward or big I’ll be surprised like many are saying a buyout looks to be the only practical outcome to give Aldridge what he “deserves” at least according to Pop. So what do the finances of a buyout look like? As far as next season’s salary cap? Also, because of this buyout will it be enough to sign Walker AND Johnson before next season or is that an either or decision for PATFO?

A buyout has no effect of our cap next season nor any impact on signing anyone next season.

tbdog
03-13-2021, 11:17 PM
For several reasons....but we can just go with...they play both ends of the court and Vuc doesn't..

They both not the same offensive player as vuc. Also, vuc is a good team defender and scheme defender. He struggles are individual. Vuc is a better shooter than both, better passer than both, better scoring inside than both. Has more experience. Been more consistent. And is an allstar.

r0drig0lac
03-14-2021, 09:21 AM
“Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio’s LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype,” wrote Michael Scotto. “The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio.” https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-miami-heat-dangled-avery-bradley-moe-harkless-and-meyers-leonard-in-offer-for-lamarcus-aldridge/amp/#click=https://t.co/Q98jqDVUFy

Dex
03-14-2021, 09:33 AM
You're interested in him?
Look at you!

It's nice to see ducks finally opening up.

mo7888
03-14-2021, 09:42 AM
They both not the same offensive player as vuc. Also, vuc is a good team defender and scheme defender. He struggles are individual. Vuc is a better shooter than both, better passer than both, better scoring inside than both. Has more experience. Been more consistent. And is an allstar.

He's a slightly better shooter but that's about it... he doesn't make us better as a team... an athletic 4 that can shoot and defend raises our ceiling much more.

mo7888
03-14-2021, 09:44 AM
“Miami has also dangled veterans Avery Bradley, Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard to match salaries as part of a trade package for San Antonio’s LaMarcus Aldridge, league sources told HoopsHype,” wrote Michael Scotto. “The Heat would also have to add another minimum contract such as either Chris Silva or KZ Okpala and draft pick compensation to make a trade worthwhile for San Antonio.” https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-miami-heat-dangled-avery-bradley-moe-harkless-and-meyers-leonard-in-offer-for-lamarcus-aldridge/amp/#click=https://t.co/Q98jqDVUFy

Well, that's a pretty positive article from our perspective...

Degoat
03-14-2021, 09:46 AM

Interesting, no mention of Kelly Olynk. I’d be okay with that if we got KZ okpala, but the other guys are kinda mehhh

rankingtear
03-14-2021, 10:28 AM

Does not even work, need one of Olynyk or Igoudala salary to make it a valid trade. We also only have 1 roster spot so a 3 for 1 does not work. MIA only pick compensation is a 2027 second rounder.

RC_Drunkford
03-14-2021, 10:35 AM
I‘m pretty sure this would be a 3-team trade. Spurs ain’t gonna take on 3 washed up vets

cd021
03-14-2021, 10:41 AM
Well, damn, good catch. Spotrac doesn't have it as a team-option but looking elsewhere, that appears to be the case.

That definitely eliminates the downside to trades involving Iguodala. Time to re-write the section . . .

Yeah, they only seem to have it under his career transactions for some reason, but it makes any trade involving Iggy a lot more palatable.

I prefer the Aldridge for Iggy and Olynyk trade, but with their 2027 2nd Round pick included. I think Gay could net more of a return if traded separately, possibly another second rounder or two.

TD 21
03-14-2021, 10:58 AM
I‘m pretty sure this would be a 3-team trade. Spurs ain’t gonna take on 3 washed up vets

Yeah. Still, though no one should be expecting much obviously, the Spurs should cuss the Heat out for even offering such garbage.

This is what happens though when you're known to be an easy mark. They probably (rightly) think they're more concerned with "doing right by" Aldridge and avoiding having to buy him out than they are with getting a worthwhile piece in return.

cd021
03-14-2021, 10:59 AM
Does not even work, need one of Olynyk or Igoudala salary to make it a valid trade. We also only have 1 roster spot so a 3 for 1 does not work. MIA only pick compensation is a 2027 second rounder.

The Spurs lack of open roster spots affect possible returns. Iggy and Olynyk need to be included to make an Aldridge trade work but the Spurs would have to add another player just to take back Okpala.

A three-teamer might make sense. The Heat trades one of their young guys to the third team while the 3rd team trades a pick to the Spurs.

Rummpd
03-14-2021, 11:02 AM
Fail by this FO as 1 1/2 years ago from a position of relative strength they could have a gotten a substantial return now it is only a salary match at best.

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 02:35 PM
Fail by this FO as 1 1/2 years ago from a position of relative strength they could have a gotten a substantial return now it is only a salary match at best.

He was never going to be traded 1 1/2 year ago -- he hadn't dropped off so badly and was still very important to the team. I don't know why people have problems understanding this.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-14-2021, 03:11 PM
He was never going to be traded 1 1/2 year ago -- he hadn't dropped off so badly and was still very important to the team. I don't know why people have problems understanding this.
poor, dear, lamb

Mr. Body
03-14-2021, 03:45 PM
poor, dear, lamb

You have an extra comma in there.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-14-2021, 09:00 PM
You have an extra comma in there.

thank you, for your service

DPG21920
03-15-2021, 02:40 PM
I still have no idea why SA guaranteed LMA deal early. Made no sense then and now makes even less sense. Head scratcher.

PrimeMinister
03-15-2021, 02:49 PM
I still have no idea why SA guaranteed LMA deal early. Made no sense then and now makes even less sense. Head scratcher.

nowhere else to spend the money, worth taking the chance with no clear 3rd big man better than him pre season, and worst case scenario you're here looking to move him at the deadline instead of waiving him before the year.

who really cares

John B
03-15-2021, 02:50 PM

Spurs always try to protect the best interests of the players, and that could be attractive to players thinking of signing with the Spurs. I think the Spurs would still be willing to extend Aldridge but cheaper and on a lesser role and maybe prolong his career. But Aldridge is just not having that. And I don't blame him if he's ring chasing at his age.

jjspur
03-15-2021, 05:03 PM
He is definitely in ring chasing mode. The spurs buy him out, he then goes to Miami, one of the LA teams or phoenix. If he doesn't win a ring this year he ends up in Portland to try to win a ring there. Odds are that he ends his career ringless. Don't have anything against the guy, its just that we have seen this same situation played out year after year in the NBA.

RC_Drunkford
03-15-2021, 06:17 PM

What has this FO done in the past 4 years that did make sense, besides drafting? The Mills and Gasol extension, the nephew trade, Demarre Carroll, giving Bertans away for free. That’s what bad front offices do

tbdog
03-15-2021, 07:06 PM
What has this FO done in the past 4 years that did make sense, besides drafting? The Mills and Gasol extension, the nephew trade, Demarre Carroll, giving Bertans away for free. That’s what bad front offices do

It's not a good look. Mills extension was and is fine. He gets that on the open market. Gasol extension was a year too long. The Carrol and bertans decision came as one. We know what happened.

timtonymanu
03-15-2021, 07:36 PM
Please trade this loser already