PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Drummond

SURGE
03-16-2021, 12:29 AM
Really hoping the SPURS are waiting to trade Aldrige for Drummond once the cavs realize they can’t get anything for him n he doesn’t want to bought out so they settle to trade for Aldrige to buy him out n maybe a second round pick

Mr. Body
03-16-2021, 12:31 AM
Really good to see a new thread on this, to join all the others. Thanks!

timtonymanu
03-16-2021, 12:35 AM
Really good to see a new thread on this, to join all the others. Thanks!

szkorhetz
03-16-2021, 02:42 AM
I don't like Drummond at all, and his contract is ugly, but is an expiring and I don't want to see Eubanks on the court at all, so...
I am all in, if we can't net anything more valuable (picks, young prospects)

exstatic
03-16-2021, 06:52 AM
Drummond fucking sucks.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-16-2021, 12:24 PM
Does anyone like Larry Nance for a couple years? His contract is affordable and he is relatively young. Does the signing make us contenders? No. But it would make us better without thrashing future cap flexibility.

Dejounte
03-16-2021, 12:26 PM
Does anyone like Larry Nance for a couple years? His contract is affordable and he is relatively young. Does the signing make us contenders? No. But it would make us better without thrashing future cap flexibility.

Larry Nance is the optimal starting four. His defense is insane this year. He's also a great locker room leader. Cavs are not letting him go.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-16-2021, 12:47 PM
Larry Nance is the optimal starting four. His defense is insane this year. He's also a great locker room leader. Cavs are not letting him go.

Right. I thought I read online a couple weeks ago that Cleveland was trying to move him. Probably more of a pipe dream for the Spurs though.

BWS-1994
03-16-2021, 12:58 PM
Right. I thought I read online a couple weeks ago that Cleveland was trying to move him. Probably more of a pipe dream for the Spurs though.

I read the opposite. Especially since the Cavs would rather move Drummond or Love.

My only concern for Nance would be injuries.

Seventyniner
03-16-2021, 01:01 PM

Nance, as opposed to a pick, as the sweetener for taking on Love's contract is possible. Nance's contract is as good as Love's is bad. It also allows for a possible rollover of the 2021 cap space into 2023.

I still don't think Cleveland would do it, but it's an intriguing possibility.

Sugus
03-16-2021, 01:29 PM
I would much, much rather roll with what we have, make a small trade here or there to get a hot body at the 4-5 and be done with it, than bring Love on this team. Literally no need to do that whatsoever, hamstring our years-long plans of having capspace for what, a role-playing PF? Not worth it. Cavs also aren't shipping out their lottery pick this season, and I wouldn't assume they'll keep sucking long enough to ask for one of their next picks in return (they'll probably suck anyways, but it's just not worth it). Love isn't a great locker room presence, might hamper this team's chemistry, AND WORST OF ALL, cannot stay on the court at ALL (literally, did y'all see his "injury" the other day? Fuck that shit).

Drummond :lol no comment needed. What a joke.

ThaBigFundamental21
03-16-2021, 01:34 PM
I would hate Love on this team. I would rather the Spurs miss the playoffs than take him on.

exstatic
03-16-2021, 01:48 PM
Love was a bad decision for Cleveland, and he’d be a worse one for SA. He was a piece of their Championship team, and they were afraid to lose him for nothing. With LeBron gone, that’s exactly what they should have done, let him walk for nothing. He’s always had durability issues, and they have continued.

Dejounte
03-16-2021, 03:17 PM
RE: Kevin Love. See who liked the tweet below:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EwjLIxrVIAIaf8j.jpg

What a dumpster fire :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Seventyniner
03-16-2021, 03:51 PM
Yeah, Love's contract is absolutely terrible, and he doesn't provide nearly enough value as a player to even partially offset that. On second thought, Nance alone wouldn't be enough to take on that albatross. There is a price Cleveland could pay that I'd take, but I doubt even they are stupid enough to pay that much.

GreekSpursfan
03-16-2021, 03:58 PM
Trading a perennial loser for another, i can see it tbh.

Degoat
03-16-2021, 05:03 PM
I kinda wish the spurs would get Drummond just to screw with the league because everyone is claiming Drummond is laker bound if he gets bought out

DAF86
03-18-2021, 02:11 AM
Aldridge and Gay for Love, Nance and a 2nd round pick? Buy out Love right after. Is it worth it? Probably not, rigth?

venitian navigator
03-18-2021, 02:45 AM
Aldridge and Gay for Love, Nance and a 2nd round pick? Buy out Love right after. Is it worth it? Probably not, rigth?
Right...

rastaspur
03-18-2021, 11:57 PM
Awww naww, hell naww.

I'd rather bring back mengke bateer.

jbspurs
03-19-2021, 12:19 AM
Drummond will be an upgrade @5