PDA

View Full Version : The Mexico Option - Our ace in the hole

Vashner
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I propose that we get the Mayor and company to pitch the Alamodome and an expansion team or existing team. As a portal to Mexico.

Remember they did the big Mexico city game earlier this year.

What we do is give them say... 3 San Antonio playing in Mexico City
games a season. 1 Preseaon. 1 2nd game of Season. 1 game near end of season. All other games in Alamodome but broadcast in Mexico too.

Then work with Jerry Jones so that the 2 teams are never playing at the same time and that 1 hour in between to get more beer. Beer they advertise of course. Cold... cold beer.

Then come up with some team name that suits both the city and it's hispanic
heritage.

Oh, Gee!!
11-11-2005, 04:39 PM
your logic is dizzying

blaze89
11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Not only dizzying but Los Angeles, San Diego and Phoenix are all close to the Mexican border. It's not like San Antonio is the only market that can offer Mexico.

Extra Stout
11-11-2005, 05:29 PM
I propose that we get the Mayor and company to pitch the Alamodome and an expansion team or existing team. As a portal to Mexico.

Remember they did the big Mexico city game earlier this year.

What we do is give them say... 3 San Antonio playing in Mexico City
games a season. 1 Preseaon. 1 2nd game of Season. 1 game near end of season. All other games in Alamodome but broadcast in Mexico too.

Then work with Jerry Jones so that the 2 teams are never playing at the same time and that 1 hour in between to get more beer. Beer they advertise of course. Cold... cold beer.

Then come up with some team name that suits both the city and it's hispanic
heritage.
You're becoming the gtownspur of the NFL forum.

Oh, Gee!!
11-11-2005, 05:34 PM
You're becoming the gtownspur of the NFL forum.

Oh snap!

samikeyp
11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Loco.

Phenomanul
11-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I actually think it could work.... The games in Mexico City (at Azteca, or "Guillermo Caņedo" Stadium) would always be sold out guaranteeing that the franchise were never losing money....

Trust me, they would dump the Cowboys for something closer to home.... and I don't mean the Surrogate City of San Antonio, but the fact that the team would claim Mexico as well.

samikeyp
11-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Muy loco. :smokin

N.Y. Johnny
11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
having the Cowboys play some games in the ALamodome makes more sense...since they're basically San Antonio's preference for a team.

there's no way the Mexico Option is going to work or even ever be reality.

This is about as genius as when the NBA Playoffs come around and then you get those people asking for the Games to be moved to the Alamodome so you can get ahold of more tickets...come on! :pctoss

decendant of alamo battle
11-12-2005, 02:47 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif