03-24-2021, 07:17 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/san-antonio-spurs-trade-deadline-moves/

Prepare to wait, tbh.

Dejounte
03-24-2021, 07:21 PM
Good shit! Love to hear leaks.

gambit1990
03-24-2021, 07:22 PM
not a trade target but maybe spurs will look to sign luis scola.

widowmaker
03-24-2021, 07:25 PM
If the Spurs can’t get anything worth while for any of them they should stay pat and not buyout anyone especially Aldridge if a team wants him that bad they should cough it up if not let him rot here for the rest of the year off court and let those teams rot too.

Mugen
03-24-2021, 07:33 PM
Good read, thanks.

"There’s a chance he could start games again for the Spurs this season. I doubt any other team in the league is lining up ready to offer Lyles a path to their starting lineup."
-Good point, only dumbass Pop would even consider starting Lyles in 2021 tbh :lol

mo7888
03-24-2021, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the writeup... Good stuff even if it's depressing..

lmbebo
03-24-2021, 07:42 PM
So same old...they don't look beyond the season in terms of moves...

Leetonidas
03-24-2021, 07:49 PM
Sounds about right. Spurs value getting bounced in the 1st round more than tanking for the future

callo1
03-24-2021, 08:16 PM
not a trade target but maybe spurs will look to sign luis scola.

I was thinking Jackie Butler

exstatic
03-24-2021, 08:18 PM
Sounds about right. Spurs value getting bounced in the 1st round more than tanking for the future

Tanking has to be done from the get go. Even then, it’s not a lock. NY was slotted #4, and wound up at #6, last year. Talk about a nut punch.

In the two drafts since they flattened the odds and drew 4 spots instead of 3, 5 teams have jumped into the collective 8 top spots, knocking 5 tanking teams out.

Chomag
03-24-2021, 08:27 PM
Well, until proven wrong our FO seems content with being mediocre so its all up to our young players to get better this and the next few seasons to help improve the team and get them to the next level since the Fo fails them either seeming incapable or unwilling to do so.

I personally have grown very weary of the foot half in half out, I just wish they would pick a damn direction!! Lol

R. DeMurre
03-24-2021, 08:38 PM
Turning down two second round picks for Rudy seems crazy to me. That could be Paul Reed and Mitchell Robinson. Rudy has been a good soldier, but his age doesn't fit the timeline of a serious contender featuring KJ, Dejounte, D White, and Devin. If they love him that much, resign him in 2022 as a FA and let him be the elder statesman of the team.

JuneJive
03-24-2021, 08:42 PM
LMA for Otto. Can't get better than that.

exstatic
03-24-2021, 09:00 PM
LMA for Otto. Can't get better than that.

Not a fan, unless CHI keeps him, which they are rumored to want to.

MultiTroll
03-24-2021, 09:03 PM
ZZZZZzzzzz

slick'81
03-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Guess were hearing caca. Too bad itll take a kings ransom to unload fatty and co.

The Truth #6
03-24-2021, 09:39 PM
Turning down two second round picks for Rudy seems crazy to me. That could be Paul Reed and Mitchell Robinson. Rudy has been a good soldier, but his age doesn't fit the timeline of a serious contender featuring KJ, Dejounte, D White, and Devin. If they love him that much, resign him in 2022 as a FA and let him be the elder statesman of the team.

That shocked me, too. I’d take one second round pick. I like Rudy in general but not enough to turn down any draft picks.

KobesAchilles
03-24-2021, 09:46 PM
Picking up Lyles option was such a shit move and to everyone who supported it in the off-season just know that he is the excuse Pop is making now to not play Luka and stunt his growth.

dokdok
03-24-2021, 09:50 PM
I'd take Otto for LMA easily

itzsoweezee
03-24-2021, 09:55 PM
Turning down a first round pick for derozan is beyond stupid. These fools are going to get nothing out of his contract and still miss the playoffs.

Mr. Body
03-24-2021, 10:13 PM
So... nothing new, except written up by timvp this time.

John B
03-24-2021, 10:14 PM
If the Spurs can’t get anything worth while for any of them they should stay pat and not buyout anyone especially Aldridge if a team wants him that bad they should cough it up if not let him rot here for the rest of the year off court and let those teams rot too.

And let him sulk and be a locker room cancer for the rest of the season? He'd negotiate a buyout and return some money, to sign with a contender. The guy is at that age to be ring chasing, and I don't blame him. But I wouldn't want him around if he doesn't want to be with the team. That and it would not look good image for the Spurs, as well as breaking good relationships with Aldridge agent.

RC_Drunkford
03-24-2021, 10:14 PM
At least scoop up Dieng off the buy out market so we don’t have to play Drew Eubanks. Knowing PATFO they probably won’t even do that

cjw
03-24-2021, 10:29 PM

Depends on where the picks fall - I’d make the trade but they could be two in the 50+ range. Yes, they can pan out, but you also need roster space for them or risk losing them. You can always buy second rounders from cheap owners too. Not that the Spurs ever do that.

8sy21vd
03-24-2021, 10:41 PM
No way Derozan stays in SA. He looks miserable most of the time and why would he want to stay with a mediocre team? He's got a few good years left and I'd want to be competing with a contender. He could flourish in the right situation. It's not a good fit for either side. Time to move on.

widowmaker
03-24-2021, 10:44 PM
And let him sulk and be a locker room cancer for the rest of the season? He'd negotiate a buyout and return some money, to sign with a contender. The guy is at that age to be ring chasing, and I don't blame him. But I wouldn't want him around if he doesn't want to be with the team. That and it would not look good image for the Spurs, as well as breaking good relationships with Aldridge agent.

How do you know he’s even showing up to the locker room? Im sure he’s been free to do whatever he wants to do.

John B
03-24-2021, 10:50 PM
How do you know he’s even showing up to the locker room? Im sure he’s been free to do whatever he wants to do.

It's just not good image for the Spurs to keep him if he wants out, and not good relationship with Aldridge agent. Those agents can sway future FA decision with the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
03-24-2021, 11:29 PM
Most egotistical coach of all time would rather get swept by the Clippers or Jazz than tank for a lottery pick. If it wasn't evident after he chose DeRozan over better offers that included younger players, or that he caters to his vets over the young guys... he simply doesn't give a single shit about the state of this team after he retires and wouldn't surprise me if he's the type of coach that hopes the team is worse after he leaves, just to boost his ego.

The time to trade LMA was after the Kawhi fiasco when his window did not match that of a team no longer in contention. He had a lot of value and was 31-32 years old then, and now he will get bought out for no return. The time to trade DeRozan was this past offseason, and now he'll walk in the summer for no return. The time to trade contract year Mill$ is tomorrow, but they won't and he'll predictably get a fat extension on the first day of free agency.

Hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it :lol They've liked what they had the last 4 years

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-24-2021, 11:36 PM
there's that alt we've all been craving

daslicer
03-24-2021, 11:41 PM
Most egotistical coach of all time would rather get swept by the Clippers or Jazz than tank for a lottery pick. If it wasn't obvious the way he prefers his vets over the young guys... he doesn't give a single shit about the future of this franchise and wouldn't surprise me if he's the type of coach that hopes the team is worse after he leaves to boost his ego.

Agree with you 100 percent. The funny thing is the Spurs are going to miss the playoffs again the way this schedule is setup so it doesn't even matter if Pop tries to get in.

dbestpro
03-25-2021, 12:02 AM
Agree with you 100 percent. The funny thing is the Spurs are going to miss the playoffs again the way this schedule is setup so it doesn't even matter if Pop tries to get in.

This is what is so sad. Pop is going to hold on to the vets to try and make the playoffs which will be the reason they miss the playoffs

daslicer
03-25-2021, 12:21 AM
This is what is so sad. Pop is going to hold on to the vets to try and make the playoffs which will be the reason they miss the playoffs

Pop is going to have to keep getting humiliated before he quits. Spurs will most likely miss the playoffs this year and next year. If that happens then it will be 3 years in a row of not making the playoffs. Then the national media will start questioning Pop if he's washed up. I think only then once his rep is being destroyed will Pop quit.

EricB
03-25-2021, 12:58 AM

tanking guarantees Jack shit and only sets a horrible culture. Ole em of Pop was retired this franchise would never tank.

EricB
03-25-2021, 12:59 AM
What’s funny is I was told they haven’t been offered anything like that for Gay, and if they were they would take it.

Thomas82
03-25-2021, 01:50 AM
Pop is going to have to keep getting humiliated before he quits. Spurs will most likely miss the playoffs this year and next year. If that happens then it will be 3 years in a row of not making the playoffs. Then the national media will start questioning Pop if he's washed up. I think only then once his rep is being destroyed will Pop quit.

I would think it's already taking a hit with a 2nd big name asking to leave the Spurs within the last few years.

siraulo23
03-25-2021, 02:58 AM
So Spurs arent doing anything besides buying out Alridge

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2021, 03:08 AM
So after buying out Aldridge, LMA a Laker or a Blazer?

cd021
03-25-2021, 03:50 AM

Agreed tbh. If he's not coming back, why not get something in return for him. If they really like Lyles so much then they should be fine with him as the backup 4.

Turning down a first round pick for derozan is beyond stupid. These fools are going to get nothing out of his contract and still miss the playoffs.

Also agreed tbh. That's outrageous to me. They've already fucked up the Aldridge situation by not moving him at last years deadline or in the off-season, after it became clear that Poeltl was their guy. Risking losing both Gay, Aldridge, and DeRozan with no assets in the off-season is just bad-especially if its 1sts from the Bulls or the Knicks.

tbdog
03-25-2021, 04:10 AM
It depends how you look at it. The cap space has benifits.

td4mvp2k
03-25-2021, 04:23 AM
lyles shouldnt be back after deadline if he really does want out

KingKev
03-25-2021, 05:49 AM
Good read. Thanks!

Rummpd
03-25-2021, 05:55 AM
Good read by LJ Ellis. Bottom Line = Rerun of a disaster with nephew except now his trade value is seemingly zilch. Go ahead and buy him out and then he will likely resurrect himself on a real team. On the other hand, DDR is an inconsistent star at best who is not a difference maker. SHOULD BE TRADED. Farce by the FO again that has great youth but cannot do the obvious and move on and should have a year or two ago from both so called stars.

duncan2k5
03-25-2021, 06:08 AM
Wow... This sounds really bad... Our front office is trash... Matter of fact... When was the last time we have ever made a great move in trades or free agency? I barely count the LMA signing because that was his choice, really... But all we have had were a string of bad trades and I'll advised contracts... Not trading DDR for another player and a first? Because we value winning?? Lol... We missed the playoffs with him and may probably miss it again! Then he will leave for nothing! Not trading Rudy for TWO second round picks? Those pucks are CLEARLY more valuable than Rudy is! The insanity needs to stop

duncan2k5
03-25-2021, 06:09 AM
I can see the Spurs playing cute just to keep up their "we don't make trades in the season" mystique, then all the good deals that they could have go to other teams

The Truth #6
03-25-2021, 06:22 AM
I wonder, the team offering two 2nd rounders for Rudy is likely a team trying to contend. Rudy would probably be pissed they didn’t trade him as well.

exstatic
03-25-2021, 06:31 AM
No way Derozan stays in SA. He looks miserable most of the time and why would he want to stay with a mediocre team? He's got a few good years left and I'd want to be competing with a contender. He could flourish in the right situation. It's not a good fit for either side. Time to move on.

Last night, of course, would be an exception, but most of the time he seems to really enjoy, and enjoy playing with the young kids. The issue with his extension doesn’t even seem to be money, it’s years and options, so he probably will leave.

Chinook
03-25-2021, 06:46 AM
One thing people don't consider is that late-seconds are basically valueless. Say Miami was the team offering expirings and a picks for Gay. That would necessary be the 2022 DEN/PHL second-rounder (worse of) and the 2027 MIA second. I mean sure that's not no value at all. But it's also not anything the Spurs couldn't get with cash if they wanted it. There are some really good second-round picks out there, ones good enough to trade vets for. But it has to be clear that those are the ones being offered before saying PATFO should've taken said deal.

Dejounte
03-25-2021, 08:02 AM
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1375069983802327046?s=19

If nothing happens today, they could still S&T them in the off-season.

The Truth #6
03-25-2021, 08:06 AM
One thing people don't consider is that late-seconds are basically valueless. Say Miami was the team offering expirings and a picks for Gay. That would necessary be the 2022 DEN/PHL second-rounder (worse of) and the 2027 MIA second. I mean sure that's not no value at all. But it's also not anything the Spurs couldn't get with cash if they wanted it. There are some really good second-round picks out there, ones good enough to trade vets for. But it has to be clear that those are the ones being offered before saying PATFO should've taken said deal.

Perhaps. Yet, still worth making the trade most likely. A rebuilding team needs opportunities to find new players, especially a small market team. So, I see your point that the picks may not be super helpful, but I would counter they are better than nothing. Now, if the team feels they want to keep Gay around to shore up the uncertain 4 position, then I get that. But if they give him a big contract again, then turning down this theoretical trade looks even worse, especially if that incentivizes them to not play Luka because they just invested in Gay.

widowmaker
03-25-2021, 08:44 AM
It's just not good image for the Spurs to keep him if he wants out, and not good relationship with Aldridge agent. Those agents can sway future FA decision with the Spurs.

Its not like big name free agents even come here, we barely get no name free agents im not concerned about image. Nobody wants to do any favors by coughing up something Spurs shouldn’t do any favors either by buying him out.

John B
03-25-2021, 08:55 AM
Last night, of course, would be an exception, but most of the time he seems to really enjoy, and enjoy playing with the young kids. The issue with his extension doesn’t even seem to be money, it’s years and options, so he probably will leave.

Demar is loyal. He wanted to stay in the freezing Canada because he felt he had invested enough talent and emotions there. And I see no difference with the way he adapted and changed his game to become a better facilitator plus his connection with the young players. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, especially if Spurs can nab that 20/10 PF/C that could really help get Spurs deep in the playoffs. And that would mean a lot to Demar to help bring the Spurs back, instead of ring chasing.

The Truth #6
03-25-2021, 09:31 AM
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/1375069983802327046?s=19

If nothing happens today, they could still S&T them in the off-season.

I agree with that in theory, but for our expiring vets (I'm thinking mostly of Mills and Gay here), their best value is to a team trying to add another player, who happens to be on an expiring contract, for the last push to try and go deep into the playoffs. I think the calculus for a lot of teams will be different in the offseason in regards to those two players, as they would simply sign them or not. Don't get wrong, I hope that's not the case, but I see today as an opportunity to move on from Mills and Gay and try to get at least something in return.

pad300
03-25-2021, 09:49 AM
Demar is loyal. He wanted to stay in the freezing Canada because he felt he had invested enough talent and emotions there. And I see no difference with the way he adapted and changed his game to become a better facilitator plus his connection with the young players. I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays, especially if Spurs can nab that 20/10 PF/C that could really help get Spurs deep in the playoffs. And that would mean a lot to Demar to help bring the Spurs back, instead of ring chasing.

You keep saying add a "20/10 PF/C"; please identify which free agent this is...

Dverde
03-25-2021, 09:49 AM
Its not like big name free agents even come here, we barely get no name free agents im not concerned about image. Nobody wants to do any favors by coughing up something Spurs shouldn’t do any favors either by buying him out.

They don’t come because of Pop. It’s not the city.

The Truth #6
03-25-2021, 10:00 AM
Just to flog a dead horse a little bit further, there is an argument to trading Gay for an expiring and two second round picks and treat this as a rental, because they could still sign him as a free agent in the Summer if they wanted to. Same for Patty to be honest. Of course they wouldn't do that because they want to make a "big push in the playoffs" and wouldn't like the optics. I understand that argument, but find it sort of silly in the big picture of where the team is at.

cjw
03-25-2021, 10:06 AM
There goes Otto Porter, as well as an Aldridge destination in Chicago.

Vuc + Aminu going to Bulls
Porter + Carter going to Magic

Let’s see if any picks attached.

Mal
03-25-2021, 10:16 AM
LMA will stay, and will be waived just after trade deadline.

John B
03-25-2021, 10:27 AM
You keep saying add a "20/10 PF/C"; please identify which free agent this is...
I was hoping Vucevic but that's gone. Orlando are on rebuild mode, moving Gordon and Fournier and co, I think PATFO should be talking to them to give expiring Aldridge/Rudy and picks.

daslicer
03-25-2021, 10:35 AM
I would think it's already taking a hit with a 2nd big name asking to leave the Spurs within the last few years.

It hasn't taken a hit yet since he's still being labeled the greatest coach of all time by the national media and his coaching the last 2 years hasn't been questioned.

MultiTroll
03-25-2021, 10:52 AM
No need for Nyquil, any other sleep aids.

ZZZZzzzzzz

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-25-2021, 10:57 AM
LMA will stay, and will be waived just after trade deadline.

This. Our front office will buy him out, and the E-N will put out a story about what a big happy family Pop and Aldridge are and we wanted to do him a solid.

Ain't jack happening.

JADG79
03-25-2021, 10:59 AM
There goes Otto Porter, as well as an Aldridge destination in Chicago.

Vuc + Aminu going to Bulls
Porter + Carter going to Magic

Let’s see if any picks attached.

This trade will likely put an end to any hope of trading with ORL and CHI.

Right now LMA will be buyout and DeRozan could re-sign with SAS or Sign and trade next season.

Proxy
03-25-2021, 11:59 AM

eh... LMA has more of a TP feel to it. Diminished role, past prime. I don't read, and haven't seen any takes saying it's anything to do with being something like Kawhi

BackHome
03-25-2021, 12:28 PM
Yeah it’s pretty clear if Poop stays no good players will ever consider picking us over any other teams. So that keeps us getting players like Lyes or some old ass Vet on his last leg. Just tear the band aid off and go all young and embrace the tank and while at it release Poop as coach move him to draft and development and hire a coach players will want to play for.

Kurgan
03-25-2021, 12:55 PM
eh... LMA has more of a TP feel to it. Diminished role, past prime. I don't read, and haven't seen any takes saying it's anything to do with being something like Kawhi

They both quit on the team, LMA just did it on the court while Kawhi did it in NY hiding with his uncle. LMA played lazy, uninterested basketball this year except for a few occasions when he knew he on national television like the Lakers game when he went off.

widowmaker
03-25-2021, 01:06 PM
They don’t come because of Pop. It’s not the city.

I highly doubt that if anything a combination of the 2. You just started watching the Spurs like the last 15-10 years or so ive been watching since the 80’s every star that they have had has come via the draft.

dbestpro
03-25-2021, 01:11 PM
The Spurs are stuck in neutral and will continue this way until Pop moves on.

BackHome
03-25-2021, 01:15 PM
Yep, we have never truly built through getting free agent Stars only true way we have won was through drafting cause we tanked for David and Timmy. Though we were still able to get some good Blue Chip players in the past but I don’t see us even getting those type of players because of Pop - Players say he is a great coach but then ask them if they want to play for him and I would bet almost all would laugh and say Nope.

cd98
03-25-2021, 01:16 PM
No reason to trade for trading sake. I don't think the Spurs aren't trying, I think no one wants to pay a fair price for the players they made available for trade.

YoungbuckMurray
03-25-2021, 01:22 PM
No reason to trade for trading sake. I don't think the Spurs aren't trying, I think no one wants to pay a fair price for the players they made available for trade.

If that truly is the case then tell LMA he’s not getting bought out and he can either come back and play or sit. That will stop teams from just not offering anything for our players. We buy guys out and let them go to other teams to do “right by the player” but nobody ever comes here in FA. So doing right by players doesn’t do shit for this organization.

TimDunkem
03-25-2021, 01:32 PM
It isn't "trading for trading sake" to get rid of a malcontent that doesn't even help you win. Tf? :lol

KobesAchilles
03-25-2021, 01:40 PM
It isn't "trading for trading sake" to get rid of a malcontent that doesn't even help you win. Tf? :lol
But we can always do the right thing and pay him money to go play for someone else :lol

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2021, 01:42 PM
All teams are waiting LMA to get bought out. It was bad business from Pop to come out and announce that LMA is done in SA. Lets see if he ends up in Portland or LA when we buy him out. If he ends up in Portland he's a good guy, if he goes to LA fuck him tbh

Kurgan
03-25-2021, 01:43 PM
All teams are waiting LMA to get bought out. It was bad business from Pop to come out and announce that LMA is done in SA. Lets see if he ends up in Portland or LA when we buy him out. If he ends up in Portland he's a good guy, if he goes to LA fuck him tbh

He's LA bound 100%.

TimDunkem
03-25-2021, 01:43 PM
But we can always do the right thing and pay him money to go play for someone else :lol
Did you go to the Pop/Brian Wright school of GM'ing?

RD2191
03-25-2021, 01:44 PM
:lmao

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2021, 01:44 PM
He's LA bound 100%.

I wouldn't be so sure

John B
03-25-2021, 02:06 PM
All that and Spurs fans being treated again with another let down :lol Where’s all that trade talks on Aldridge? Geez

El Santo
03-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Trey lyles got traded....

Proxy
03-25-2021, 02:17 PM
They both quit on the team, LMA just did it on the court while Kawhi did it in NY hiding with his uncle. LMA played lazy, uninterested basketball this year except for a few occasions when he knew he on national television like the Lakers game when he went off.

dude can coast for the reg season Horry-style if he wants tbh. Been a great asset to the org

rjv
03-25-2021, 02:20 PM
so spurs get chriss for depth at the PF spot because we are going to have to buy out LMA. but what did SA give up?

El Santo
03-25-2021, 03:03 PM
Caddy lallanne

DesignatedT
03-25-2021, 03:05 PM
so spurs get chriss for depth at the PF spot because we are going to have to buy out LMA. but what did SA give up?

Chriss is out for the year with a broken leg. This was just ownership saving some money. Doubt the Spurs have any real interest in Chriss.

slick'81
03-25-2021, 03:08 PM
Spurs werent ever dealing demar or gay or mills or ahhhhhh fck it

KobesAchilles
03-25-2021, 03:47 PM
Sorry forgot the blue font

TimDunkem
03-25-2021, 03:55 PM
Sorry forgot the blue font

Clearly we're both making fun of the shitty FO.