PDA

View Full Version : Michael Wright called Kawhi Leonard a "pussy" when he was sitting out games for the Spurs

Uriel
03-24-2021, 08:42 PM
You guys probably missed this bombshell revelation from this thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289572&page=2), but since Leonard is back in San Antonio, I thought it was worth making into a thread of its own.

Basically, dasclicer reveals that then Spurs Assistant GM and now General Manager Brian Wright called Leonard a "pussy" back in his last season for the Spurs, when he was sitting out games.

From what I have heard Brian Wright who was the Spurs assistant GM at the time called him a pussy for sitting out. Kawhi took offense and asked the Spurs to get rid of Wright but the Spurs refused. That's where the spurs get 50 percent of the blame for not silencing Wright but still what Kawhi did was bush league.
This corroborates something Kori Ellis had said earlier in a previous thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279907&page=4).

Here's my take on the story ...

From what I understand (and I'm not saying this is fact, just what I was told), Kawhi got his feelings hurt because someone in the organization (not a player, not Pop) said in not-so-kind words that he was being a wimp about the injury. Kawhi wasn't that riled up about it, but was offended. Mentioned it to his Uncle, and Kawhi's group then got Kawhi really riled up about it (saying he was being disrespected, not appreciated, Spurs were too controlling, Kawhi wasn't having input on player signings, etc.) Side note: I believe that Kawhi really only cares about playing basketball, but he trusts his advisors completely, when maybe they are just looking out for their own best interest not necessarily his.

At that point, anything the Spurs did or said to Kawhi was met with resistance by the group and blown out of proportion by the media. (For example, when Tony talked about Kawhi's injury, that was actually a comment in support of Kawhi -- go watch the video again. "Worse" things were said by other players privately, but none of them were trying to slight Kawhi - they were just confused/frustrated by the lack of communication. Kawhi was just trying to rehab and had turned over most communication to his group.) Kawhi was never pissed off at any of his teammates or even really with Pop. He thought he was physically not able to play at that point, and he had become convinced that the grass was greener elsewhere. And he was right... he just won a Championship.

I think that communication could have been a lot better on both sides, and I think Kawhi could have done a lot more to improve that communication. I also think he could have played more than those 9 games, and if he really couldn't, he should have been sitting behind the bench in support of his teammates. But I'm not one of the many doctors he consulted, so what do I know?

Do I think he will stay in Toronto? Probably not. He's probably very happy there (especially right now), but again, "coming home" to California is a big appeal to him and the group.

Disclaimer: There's more to the story but this is the beginning of it, and timvp has some insight on that info that he may or may not ever share.

Uriel
03-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Sorry, I meant to say "Brian Wright" in the thread title. Mods, please edit.

Degoat
03-24-2021, 08:45 PM
Well he is a pussy lol

TheGreatYacht
03-24-2021, 08:47 PM
Michael Wright is a beat writer.

BlackAndWhite
03-24-2021, 08:49 PM
I didn't know Brian Wright was this based. Lets see if he can pull off a decent trade for Aldridge

Dejounte
03-24-2021, 08:51 PM
The writing was probably on the wall already for Kawhi. He made up his mind at this point that he was going to LA. I'm glad someone in the Spurs org. got a word in :lmao

MultiTroll
03-24-2021, 08:52 PM
Basically, dasclicer reveals that then Spurs Assistant GM and now General Manager Brian Wright called Leonard a "pussy" back in his last season for the Spurs, when he was sitting out games.

This corroborates something Kori Ellis had said earlier in a previous thread (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279907&page=4).
daslicer is basing this off of ____ ____?

Thank you.

TheGreatYacht
03-24-2021, 08:54 PM
The writing was probably on the wall already for Kawhi. He made up his mind at this point that he was going to LA. I'm glad someone in the Spurs org. got a word in :lmao RD2191 who is the most reliable Spurs insider source called it when 50 Mills and Gasol got their loyalty contracts tbh

Uriel
03-24-2021, 08:56 PM
Michael Wright is a beat writer.
Meant to say Brian Wright, sorry.

RD2191
03-24-2021, 09:13 PM
RD2191 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42690) who is the most reliable Spurs insider source called it when 50 Mills and Gasol got their loyalty contracts tbh
Thanks for the shout, fam. :bobo

RD2191
03-24-2021, 09:14 PM
:rollintbh I'll stop supporting the Spurs if this ever turns out to be true

timvp
03-24-2021, 09:18 PM
That's ..... not accurate, tbh.

Dverde
03-24-2021, 09:21 PM
Michael Wright is the wrong name :lol

DJR210
03-24-2021, 09:33 PM

You're sleeping on the couch tonight

The Truth #6
03-24-2021, 09:46 PM
I want it to be true.

offset formation
03-24-2021, 09:47 PM

When, or if ever,, do we get the real deal from you timvp?

offset formation
03-24-2021, 09:49 PM
:rollintbh I'll stop supporting the Spurs if this ever turns out to be true

Please don't go. And whatever you do, don't take your burner account TGY with you. Please don't do that. It would be devastating.

RD2191
03-24-2021, 09:51 PM
Please don't go. And whatever you do, don't take your burner account TGY with you. Please don't do that. It would be devastating.
:wakeup

J_Paco
03-24-2021, 09:55 PM

What the hell is keeping you here? Just go join ClippersTalk and find more people that will circle jerk to your Nephew jersey/cum rag.

TheGreatYacht

RD2191
What the hell is keeping you here? Just go join ClippersTalk and find more people that will circle jerk to your Nephew jersey/cum rag.

RC_Drunkford
03-24-2021, 09:56 PM
PATFO should’ve fired Wright immediately. He’s been a garbage GM ever since he got that position.

By the way from what I heard the Spurs medical staff missed a broken bone in his hand somewhere around 2014 and that’s where the beef with the medical staff initially started.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-24-2021, 09:58 PM
I didn't know Brian Wright was this based.

tbh

widowmaker
03-24-2021, 10:02 PM
Cause he is and anyone that thinks otherwise is a PUSSY TOO.

Mr. Body
03-24-2021, 10:09 PM
Leonard is one of the biggest assholes in sports yet is coddled by the league.

heyheymymy
03-24-2021, 10:49 PM
Definitely didn't see Michael Jordan pulling this weak shit.

MarCowMar
03-24-2021, 11:17 PM
Unless he's been quietly scouting talent on the side, Wright has done nothing of value. He's bungled multiple free agency signings and always seems to trade our assets when the value is lowest. We haven't gotten one over on a team since he's been with us. Our moves always used to make sense and squeeze every ounce of value out of our assets. Now we're just as likely to let a player walk for free as trade him.

As a GM he has no role in motivating players, caring for their injuries, or calling them out. Involving himself in any of those aspects of the organization makes him a less effective GM.

I usually won't take Kawhi's side but if he was disrespected by our garbage GM like this, and Pop backed the GM, and he isn't exactly enamored with living in SA to begin with, I could understand him beginning to plan his next stop.

EricB
03-25-2021, 01:04 AM
He was intentionally sitting out, for an injury he still is currently playing through.
I mean the meeting in China with Jerry West in 2017 was way before any of that so whatever. They can try and point the finger at Wright but they’d be disingenuous douchebags, which he and his uncle are.

kht
03-25-2021, 01:05 AM
Little fucking bitch. PLAY OUT YOUR CONTRACT.

EricB
03-25-2021, 01:06 AM
PATFO should’ve fired Wright immediately. He’s been a garbage GM ever since he got that position.

By the way from what I heard the Spurs medical staff missed a broken bone in his hand somewhere around 2014 and that’s where the beef with the medical staff initially started.

No they caught it, it’s why he sat out for over a month.

spursparker9
03-25-2021, 02:52 AM
If one day u met God and God gives you a chance to ask him 1 question and he will give you the true answer, what would you ask for?

1) Is there life after death?
2) Is there aliens?
3) How do human beings come about?
4) What exactly happened with Nephew and the Spurs?

venitian navigator
03-25-2021, 06:36 AM
If one day u met God and God gives you a chance to ask him 1 question and he will give you the true answer, what would you ask for?

1) Is there life after death?
2) Is there aliens?
3) How do human beings come about?
4) What exactly happened with Nephew and the Spurs?

Looks like timvp could have the answer at number 4...don't know if he's the God but at least in spurstalk I suppose he's the main one.... ������

widowmaker
03-25-2021, 08:45 AM
Leonard is one of the biggest assholes in sports yet is coddled by the league.

Coddled by some of the bitches on this board too.

lefty
03-25-2021, 09:09 AM
Kawhi unleashed his white liquid all over the Spurm pussies yesterday

Mugen
03-25-2021, 09:45 AM
If true, that might be the only time Wright has been right since he's been with the Spurs tbh :lol

Mal
03-25-2021, 10:15 AM
That pussy was looking for excuses to get out. Either TP hurt his feelings and now we hear that other guy also hurt his feelings. Pussy move by nephew

daslicer
03-25-2021, 10:37 AM
That pussy was looking for excuses to get out. Either TP hurt his feelings and now we hear that other guy also hurt his feelings. Pussy move by nephew

Agreed I don't get the idiotic spur fans that are emotional about this considering Kawhi was going to always leave. They just have to accept it and move on.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-25-2021, 10:40 AM
Whoever said it was right.

Obi Juan Kenobi
03-25-2021, 10:42 AM
The Nephew fiasco was basically a bad breakup, even with bad breakups the pain will ease with time which I think for a lot of us is already happening in some form...

timvp
03-25-2021, 11:06 AM
For the record, Brian Wright is one of the most politically correct humans in existence. He wouldn't say that.

TD 21
03-25-2021, 11:15 AM
For the record, Brian Wright is one of the most politically correct humans in existence. He wouldn't say that.

Fair enough. Why won't you divulge the information you have on this again? Just don't want to lose the source or?

daslicer
03-25-2021, 12:04 PM
The Nephew fiasco was basically a bad breakup, even with bad breakups the pain will ease with time which I think for a lot of us is already happening in some form...

Agreed I got over Kawhi last year when the Nuggets embarrassed him in that game 7.

Proxy
03-25-2021, 12:07 PM
Kawhi unleashed his white liquid all over the Spurm pussies yesterday
https://media.tenor.com/images/0d0bd84807bdddd32434da90da3a5398/tenor.gif

The Truth #6
03-25-2021, 12:09 PM
It's really hard to judge Brian Wright at all while the shadow of Pop looms over the franchise. If Pop doesn't want to rebuild, Brian Wright is not rebuilding. Speculation on my part, but it seems insane that Wright would be able over rule Pop. I still say the maneuvering he did to get Morris was pretty savvy and it is not his fault that Morris is a weasel.

slick'81
03-25-2021, 12:11 PM
As dejounte would say-" brian wouldnt have the balls to say that to kawahis face"

offset formation
03-28-2021, 08:23 AM
Agreed I got over Kawhi last year when the Nuggets embarrassed him in that game 7.

I need it to happen for the rest of his career tho. That chip he won in Toronto along with VanVleet clowning us next to him reignited the while thing. Those embers are gonna burn for awhile.

ismael-robert
03-28-2021, 11:03 AM
My theory is it was Peter Holt. He probably had some liquid courage in him, got red faced n confronted kl for basically stealing his money. Thus he's asked to step down and kids take over. This goes along with kl saying he'd play for pop but not the organization

toki9
03-28-2021, 09:22 PM
My theory is it was Peter Holt. He probably had some liquid courage in him, got red faced n confronted kl for basically stealing his money. Thus he's asked to step down and kids take over. This goes along with kl saying he'd play for pop but not the organization

"Beginning in September of 1967 [Peter Holt] put in an action-filled tour of duty as a rifleman with Company A, 2nd of the 22nd in the 25th Infantry Division...He was a good soldier who came home from Vietnam in 1968 with a Silver Star, three Bronze Stars, and a Purple Heart. Holt received the latter after a bullet grazed the base of his neck during an intense firefight with the NVA in which Holt survived only after burrowing beneath the dead bodies of two fellow soldiers."

https://vvaveteran.org/34-6/34-6_peterholt.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/10/sports/pro-basketball-a-different-kind-of-victory.html

MultiTroll
03-29-2021, 05:22 PM

Fair enough. Why won't you divulge the information you have on this again? Just don't want to lose the source or?
The "I Know Something You Don't Know" syndrome? :lol

ismael-robert
03-29-2021, 05:38 PM
"Beginning in September of 1967 [Peter Holt] put in an action-filled tour of duty as a rifleman with Company A, 2nd of the 22nd in the 25th Infantry Division...He was a good soldier who came home from Vietnam in 1968 with a Silver Star, three Bronze Stars, and a Purple Heart. Holt received the latter after a bullet grazed the base of his neck during an intense firefight with the NVA in which Holt survived only after burrowing beneath the dead bodies of two fellow soldiers."

https://vvaveteran.org/34-6/34-6_peterholt.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/10/sports/pro-basketball-a-different-kind-of-victory.html

So in other words someone who doesn't put up with someone being a cat and did the most selfless act of putting his life on line for country...not for people to grow up feeling privileged

Ice009
03-29-2021, 08:26 PM
Holt's been through some real shit, so yeah, if he is actually the one that did say it, he's one of the only guys I can't be mad at for saying something like that. If he was forced to step down because of it, I'm not sure I agree with that either.