PDA

View Full Version : PATFO: are they now the most easy to be played in the entire NBA?

MultiTroll
03-25-2021, 06:10 PM
Hmmmn we still have Balmer giving Paul George 40+ million a year for 5 years so maybe not.

But damn, have the Spurs become a strong #2 if not the most easily played for $$ and terms in the NBA? Top, er rather bottom 5?

Seriously. :depressed

Related, see thread "How many mistakes has PATFO made since 2014?"

Chomag
03-25-2021, 07:29 PM
Maybe, but you definitely have a good argument though.

GAustex
03-25-2021, 07:36 PM
Pops legend is really Tim freakin Duncan

poopbox
03-25-2021, 08:19 PM
Yeah every over the hill veteran "star" knows they can come here and then get bought out when they want...

I look forward to mills next 3 year deal when he gets bought out in year 3 to ring chase

slick'81
03-25-2021, 08:24 PM
Every gm saw since the kawhi fiasco spurs could be had

BackHome
03-25-2021, 09:18 PM
I like Pop but he has to go the game has passed him by and he clearly doesn’t not have the passion to put a winning team together. At this point he is costing to just get the most wins so then they can let him go and he can live in Cali/Portland and make his WOKE wine.

K...
03-25-2021, 09:22 PM
they can't get rid of pop. He's the only "celebrity" they can sell tickets with. No more patty, no real star. Murray is too weird, keldon is good enough yet. They'll sell you pop's retirement tour like they sold Kobe.

MultiTroll
03-25-2021, 09:49 PM
I like Pop but he has to go the game has passed him by and he clearly doesn’t not have the passion to put a winning team together. At this point he is costing to just get the most wins so then they can let him go and he can live in Cali/Portland and make his WOKE wine.
Wth was Pops offensive strategy tonight in the b2b loss to the Clippers?

13 points in the 3rd qtr. 85 for the game.

paperboy77
03-25-2021, 09:50 PM
Pathetic.

slick'81
03-25-2021, 09:55 PM
Hey we got destar for three season:lmao

gospursgojas
03-26-2021, 12:32 AM
Spurs are classy doe

Fireball
03-26-2021, 05:43 AM
when you cannot defend threes while not being able to make them its gonna be tough in todays NBA

spurraider21
03-26-2021, 09:46 AM
Giving into every player that asks for a trade/cut without any resistance just invites more of it

buttsR4rebounding
03-26-2021, 11:40 AM
It's a stretch to say they are easily played. Pretty much they refuse to play at all.

KobesAchilles
03-26-2021, 11:44 AM
Giving into every player that asks for a trade/cut without any resistance just invites more of it
That s the whole NBA though not just us. Role players get paid so much now that they think they are stars and can just quit on teams. It's ridiculous and turning me off to the NBA tbh. It's why I watch way more football now than I do basketball. Something I would've found improbable not that long ago bc I grew up a diehard NBA fan

spurraider21
03-26-2021, 11:49 AM
That s the whole NBA though not just us. Role players get paid so much now that they think they are stars and can just quit on teams. It's ridiculous and turning me off to the NBA tbh. It's why I watch way more football now than I do basketball. Something I would've found improbable not that long ago bc I grew up a diehard NBA fan
football players do it too.

to an extent, i get it from the player's side. but the team still has to act rationally even given that tough spot. just 100% caving no questions asked without getting a fair shake is bad business.

stephen jackson
03-26-2021, 11:49 AM
we do things the right way

KobesAchilles
03-26-2021, 11:53 AM
football players do it too.

to an extent, i get it from the player's side. but the team still has to act rationally even given that tough spot. just 100% caving no questions asked without getting a fair shake is bad business.
I mean not as much. You can't half ass in football and the lack of guaranteed contracts make it rare for a player to sit out. Players can demand a trade, sure like Jalen Ramsy, and quit on their team but that is more a star doing it. You don't see like a bench players doing it like NBA teams do.

itzsoweezee
03-26-2021, 12:17 PM
I think they’re just incompetent. They have been for several years. Also, it’s much harder managing a team when you don’t have multiple hall of famers to cover up your mistakes

GAustex
03-26-2021, 12:29 PM
I keep coming back here hoping to see poop announce retirement
And nope

MultiTroll
03-26-2021, 12:36 PM
I keep coming back here hoping to see poop announce retirement
And nope
Watched him hob knobbing with Paul George after the game.
Seems like such fake happy, forced b.s.

He has visions of sugarplums and Olympic gold glory and adulation dancing in his head no doubt.

cd98
03-26-2021, 12:42 PM
I don't know if the front office is any good, but I think we have to be realistic. Until Walker, we were drafting pretty late in the draft. We only have one Spurs lottery pick on the roster and it is a late lottery pick. Look at what people were trading for all-stars and good quality players? They were paying very little. So you can bet the offers for Gay, DDR, or LMA sucked. I'm not surprised the Spurs didn't make any real trades. Experts have been saying for a month there is no realistic LMA trade and it is likely a buyout. Spurs aren't going to trade to take on salary next year when they have cap space to pursue the players they really want. Spurs are just starting now to stockpile assets. But they draft well and develop well so I'm confident if they take a trip or two to the lottery, they can build something better than what they got right now.

Did they get fleeced in the Kawhi trade? They had no leverage. They have three starters out of the deal. We don't know if they had better offers so we can't know if they took the best offer. I think the buyout situation looks bad and if there is a complaint it is that they paid too many veterans too much money for too long, but anytime you are signing a plus 30 player to a multi year deal, you are losing money at the end of the contract because they won't play on the level they are paid at the end, unless it is like Lebron to Tim Duncan. It's rare.

Rummpd
03-26-2021, 04:34 PM
FO = farce x 3 years. Time for a shake up