PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Spurs vs. Bulls — Sat. 3/27/2021 - 7:30pm CST

DC23
03-26-2021, 04:24 PM
Go Spurs Go!

Rummpd
03-26-2021, 04:36 PM
Probably find a way to blow this chance for a win. Team has to be demoralized by the farce that is the FO

cd98
03-26-2021, 04:43 PM
Probably find a way to blow this chance for a win. Team has to be demoralized by the farce that is the FO

Let's hope so. Remember that if you want a superstar on this team, you aren't likely to sign one in free agency. You might be able to trade for one, but it is going to take a lot of the current, marketable players on the team to get that. The best shot at improving for a small market team is through the draft lottery. Spurs have been great at drafting and developing players into adequate NBA players. But of the last, great run, the secret to the Spurs success was drafting a lottery player. First getting David Robinson and then getting Tim Duncan. True we stole Manu and Tony when the rest of the world thought Euros couldn't star in the NBA, but that loophole for talent is closed. Now you have to get lucky in the draft and develop. We need to lose to get the generational talent we need to become a contender. We should be on a 3 year plan to draft that guy and surround him with talent to win.

The championship player that we need is not currently on this roster.

Robz4000
03-26-2021, 04:54 PM
Bulls will be out for revenge after their choke job last week. Spurs lose by double digits.

Leetonidas
03-26-2021, 05:40 PM
Bulls by 20+

rjv
03-26-2021, 05:50 PM
no shot if vucevic is active for tomorrow. slight chance if not.

RC_Drunkford
03-26-2021, 05:53 PM
Vucevic is playing. Another L. Let's get that 9-game losing streak

Walker and Diop remain out, the guy we traded for is out as well. Cam Johnson will be active as he just signed a 10-day contract

GAustex
03-26-2021, 05:56 PM
Over/under in Vegas at the beginning of the year for the Spurs was 28. You think they beat that?

RD2191
03-26-2021, 07:19 PM
:flag:

heyheymymy
03-26-2021, 11:50 PM
:spam: Spurs Peak After March

Thomas82
03-27-2021, 01:24 AM
Let's hope so. Remember that if you want a superstar on this team, you aren't likely to sign one in free agency. You might be able to trade for one, but it is going to take a lot of the current, marketable players on the team to get that. The best shot at improving for a small market team is through the draft lottery. Spurs have been great at drafting and developing players into adequate NBA players. But of the last, great run, the secret to the Spurs success was drafting a lottery player. First getting David Robinson and then getting Tim Duncan. True we stole Manu and Tony when the rest of the world thought Euros couldn't star in the NBA, but that loophole for talent is closed. Now you have to get lucky in the draft and develop. We need to lose to get the generational talent we need to become a contender. We should be on a 3 year plan to draft that guy and surround him with talent to win.

Ice009
03-27-2021, 02:38 AM

I agree with pretty much all of this. This is why I've been posting lately that I just do not understand why guys like Lonnie and Luka aren't getting more court time (they've both shown some great flashes lately and I believe they need more court time/experience right now). It's a waste of time playing the vets if you're going to lose the games anyway. This team will never get back to championship level if they continue with this approach of just trying to squeak back into the playoffs. If they feel like that can get a superstar in free agency or via trade, then I am OK with it, but if they can't, they should just develop the young guys and try and draft that player in the top end of the lottery.

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 05:43 AM

PFFT! And by the farce that is themselves. They are likely not being coached decently at all but they aren't playing with any tenacity either. Timid, low-energy sons of guns. It's not just PATFO.

RC_Drunkford
03-27-2021, 10:33 AM
I agree with pretty much all of this. This is why I've been posting lately that I just do not understand why guys like Lonnie and Luka aren't getting more court time (they've both shown some great flashes lately and I believe they need more court time/experience right now). It's a waste of time playing the vets if you're going to lose the games anyway. This team will never get back to championship level if they continue with this approach of just trying to squeak back into the playoffs. If they feel like that can get a superstar in free agency or via trade, then I am OK with it, but if they can't, they should just develop the young guys and try and draft that player in the top end of the lottery.

Yeah but can Pop get the alltime winning record though by playing the young guys? Or do the vets get him there faster? That's really the question here

slick'81
03-27-2021, 10:37 AM
Spurs gonna shut down the new lavine/vuc picNroll

mo7888
03-27-2021, 10:42 AM
Yeah but can Pop get the alltime winning record though by playing the young guys? Or do the vets get him there faster? That's really the question here

He's 36 wins away... it's going to take next season to reach that so either the vets or young guys will get him there in that time frame.

NASpurs
03-27-2021, 11:06 AM
Is Criss playing tonight? :lol

Darius Bieber
03-27-2021, 11:11 AM
Is Criss playing tonight? :lol

He might be better with a broken leg than 70% of our current roster.

widowmaker
03-27-2021, 11:57 AM
They might as well tank the season and get rid of every one that wants to leave and start fresh.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 11:59 AM
https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1375841856324567042?s=19

DeMar is here to stay, boys

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1375847851075457025?s=19

cd98
03-27-2021, 12:15 PM
I wish Luka would get more minutes, but I get why he isn't. Same with Vassell. I think they aren't because we are still in the playoff picture. So Pop is going to play veterans until that window closes. Still, other young guys are getting good minutes, including Keldon and DJM and Walker when he's healthy. Once the Spurs fall out of the playoff picture, and they will given their schedule and the hope that the teams behind them get it together, then Spurs will rest veterans and the young guys will get minutes. That will contribute to losses because in a pinch Luka looks good, but he's not good enough to win games and get the Spurs in the playoffs. But losing is winning from my perspective because winning right now means a high lottery pick.

mo7888
03-27-2021, 12:18 PM
I wish Luka would get more minutes, but I get why he isn't. Same with Vassell. I think they aren't because we are still in the playoff picture. So Pop is going to play veterans until that window closes. Still, other young guys are getting good minutes, including Keldon and DJM and Walker when he's healthy. Once the Spurs fall out of the playoff picture, and they will given their schedule and the hope that the teams behind them get it together, then Spurs will rest veterans and the young guys will get minutes. That will contribute to losses because in a pinch Luka looks good, but he's not good enough to win games and get the Spurs in the playoffs. But losing is winning from my perspective because winning right now means a high lottery pick.

I agree that we'll fall out of the race and then play those young guys....I think we'll find out that we're a better team with those young guys than the vets..

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 12:22 PM

Luka has been a positive every minute he's on the floor, not sure where you get that impression. IMO, Pop pulls him whenever he makes a single mistake so he doesn't form bad habits. Not a method many agree with, I know.

cd98
03-27-2021, 12:33 PM
Luka has been a positive every minute he's on the floor, not sure where you get that impression. IMO, Pop pulls him whenever he makes a single mistake so he doesn't form bad habits. Not a method many agree with, I know.

Well, I think everyone has an opinion and I'm not saying I'm right. But my take is that Rudy knows where to be, makes less mistakes, is a leader on the court, and is a more confident and diverse scorer right now. So he should get minutes over Vassell or Luka if you are trying to make the playoffs this year. I think Gay is a terrific player. I'm surprised no contender made an offer for him, but I guarantee if he is bought out, he will be a high demand player. He's perfect for a playoff team with a legit shot at a title. He's just not worth what the Spurs would ask to trade him, most likely.

I think if Luka gets more minutes and same with Vassell, they will have great moments that will get Spurs fans excited, but I don't think they can sustain that play for an entire game with the ball in their hands. They are still complementary pieces while Gay is the main man off the bench. They aren't ready for his role yet, but when the playoffs go away and winning becomes bad, it is the perfect time to give them that role and let them start to grow into it.

spurs1990
03-27-2021, 12:56 PM

Getting Leonard at #15 was as brilliant a front office move that you can find in the last 10 years. They massively developed him his first 3 years into what's probably a top 4 player in the game behind James, Harden, Curry, and maybe Durant if he actually gets on the court. You'd love to see what the org can pull off with a top 5 drafted player.

SpurPadre
03-27-2021, 01:57 PM
We're currently at the 20th spot in the draft. Mocks so far have us picking either bigs who can't shoot or PGs we already have filled slots lol. Still time to where we might reach into the 10th spot.

KobesAchilles
03-27-2021, 03:17 PM
We're currently at the 20th spot in the draft. Mocks so far have us picking either bigs who can't shoot or PGs we already have filled slots lol. Still time to where we might reach into the 10th spot.
I mean you figure Washington and Chicago will go all out to get that last playoff spot. Golden St and Memphis seem to be playing better as well. But really we would have to drop behind Sacramento and NO to reach top 10 and I don’t know how realistic that is. I think 12th is far more likely

**edit** meant Toronto not Washington

mo7888
03-27-2021, 03:23 PM
I mean you figure Washington and Chicago will go all out to get that last playoff spot. Golden St and Memphis seem to be playing better as well. But really we would have to drop behind Sacramento and NO to reach top 10 and I don’t know how realistic that is. I think 12th is far more likely

**edit** meant Toronto not Washington

I think Sacto and NO are still trying to make the play in... they could both realistically pass us... it'll be a chore for them and would probably require us to suck like we have of late but it's possible..

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 03:57 PM
Who do you trust more in the closing moments of a game; the Spurs or the Baylor Lady Bears?

RC_Drunkford
03-27-2021, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty confident about this team being able to get the 11th seed

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 05:56 PM
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/1375943168219344898

Letting that wrist heal.

GAustex
03-27-2021, 06:48 PM
I’m thinking DDR might get his over/under below -20

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 07:03 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1375960474186088448

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 07:21 PM
https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1375962869448183812?s=20

Solid starting 5.

Spurs have been terrible on the glass lately. Gotta control those boards, take the open look and share the ball.

:flag:

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 07:43 PM
They're not starting the game off sleepy, so that's a good sign.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 07:50 PM
The starting line-up has rarely been as decisive as they are tonight. Usually, they hesitate a lot.

Leetonidas
03-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Looking much more focused tonight so far

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Coast to coast by Keldon. His drives to the basket are a thing of beauty.

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 07:56 PM
When DDR shares the ball first instead of looking to score, we are much more versatile team.

Backcourt looks good so far.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 07:57 PM
Damn, I turn on the game and we're up 10 to the new look Bulls... What's going on lol? These aren't the 1st quarter Spurs we know and love

GB20
03-27-2021, 08:00 PM
I want some lukas

FkLA
03-27-2021, 08:04 PM
Pop cant possibly roll with Eubanks as his back-up center for the rest of the season, can he?

GB20
03-27-2021, 08:05 PM
How can luka get playtime under Pop? I am really frustrated that we have a big man with a lot of skills sitting at the end of the bench.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:06 PM
How can luka get playtime under Pop? I am really frustrated that we have a big man with a lot of skills sitting at the end of the bench.

Hope for a Gay injury.

I really thought he'd get a lot of minutes by now. Damn.

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 08:06 PM
Lauri is a poor man’s Luka.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:07 PM
Lauri is a poor man’s Luka.

Missing the 3 then missing the dunk would surely have ST talking shit lmao

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:10 PM
Vassell injured, headed to locker room.

GB20
03-27-2021, 08:12 PM
Hope for a Gay injury.

I really thought he'd get a lot of minutes by now. Damn.
I think fucking Pop has already made up his mind about Luka playing next year of instead this year.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:12 PM
Vassell injured, headed to locker room.

What happened?? I looked away for a sec, then saw him walking to the locker room... at least he was walking unassisted, right?

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:14 PM
What happened?? I looked away for a sec, then saw him walking to the locker room... at least he was walking unassisted, right?

His kicked his toe portion against the floor, so probably classified as an ankle injury. He was limping off the court and I thought he had his arm over someone's shoulders... Maybe not. I forgot.

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 08:16 PM
Missing the 3 then missing the dunk would surely have ST talking shit lmao

Tongue in cheek no doubt, but not sure he improves a team significantly for what he will command in FA.

spurs1990
03-27-2021, 08:21 PM
You gotta hand it to these guys. This is a damn good win after those LA debacles

LeBowen
Idk if Markkanen is worth anything more than 15 million per season.

Awwful defender at 4, pretty bad at 5. Low effort player. None of the Bulls fan I talked to like him.

FkLA
Are we back, boys?

Dejounte
Luka in with Keldon and Poeltl.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:22 PM
Interesting line-up:

White
DeMar
Keldon
Samanic
Poeltl

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Why is this the line-up that DeMar decides to turn selfish? Dude is like Jekyll and Hyde.

BatManu20
03-27-2021, 08:25 PM
DeMar single-handedly bringing the Bulls back lol

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:25 PM
Poeltl has ridiculously more ability when playing hard as a roll man and alongside White, than he does trying to play the post and catch passes near the basket for soft shots. Pop should be running 5 PnRs every single game featuring these two exclusively, I'd love to know the % of makes after a White-Jak PnR

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:26 PM
https://twitter.com/RealTomPetrini/status/1375982336513294340?s=19

BillMc
03-27-2021, 08:26 PM
white lookin much better today

BatManu20
03-27-2021, 08:28 PM

Of course. Hopefully just precautionary tbh.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Tongue in cheek no doubt, but not sure he improves a team significantly for what he will command in FA.

I have a lot of doubts on Lauri as well, but given his physical prowess, shooting touch, and most of all, our lack of ability to attract any top tier FAs, you almost have to take that chance and overpay if necessary. Besides, I hardly think an organization like the Bulls can develop a player like him into their true ceiling; permanent damage might already have been done, but the Spurs can teach him some good stuff, especially regarding defense. Overall, I'd like to give him no more than 20-22$m a year, though it might be difficult to be the top bidders at that price I guess.

RC_Drunkford
03-27-2021, 08:34 PM
Poeltl has ridiculously more ability when playing hard as a roll man and alongside White, than he does trying to play the post and catch passes near the basket for soft shots. Pop should be running 5 PnRs every single game featuring these two exclusively, I'd love to know the % of makes after a White-Jak PnR

White is one of the most efficient pick & roll players in the entire NBA. I think he created like 1.2 points per pick & roll last season.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-27-2021, 08:35 PM
FUCK

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 08:38 PM

It’s exciting to think that imagine next season you run that play and you have Lonnie, Vassell and Saminic as possible receivers off a Poeltl double on the roll too.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:47 PM
White is one of the most efficient pick & roll players in the entire NBA. I think he created like 1.2 points per pick & roll last season.

Yeah, and Poeltl is a good scorer off the PnR, but last I saw stats regarding this, Spurs weren't a top team in the league in terms of PnR's ran or close to it. That's why I'd love to see even more of it (and also because it takes a lot of weight off Murray to create offense, since White is also a great passer). Also, lol at posters telling me Jakob wouldn't play better with White back on the court and we shouldn't count on it...

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 08:52 PM
DDR throws down a massive dunk, everyone on the bench gets up...everybody except Trey Lyles who looks like somebody took the jam out of his doughnut. :lol

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:53 PM
White + Murray combo

Sugus
03-27-2021, 08:54 PM
Woo, this a good ass game, we were due after those awful losses tbh

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Team is so good when they don't hesitate with their shots.

BillMc
03-27-2021, 08:57 PM
I miss the Silver dancers

mo7888
03-27-2021, 08:57 PM
Team is so good when they don't hesitate with their shots.

Their confidence level is high right now....

RC_Drunkford
03-27-2021, 08:58 PM
This team can beat anybody and lose to anybody on any given night

BillMc
03-27-2021, 08:58 PM
Derrick's best looking game in a while. Shake off the Covid rust

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Spurs broadcasters slamming Vucevic because of his +/- (worst in the league, R. DeMurre would love this) :lmao :lmao

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:01 PM
Weird line-up:

Patty
DeMar
Gay
Luka
Eubanks

tbdog
03-27-2021, 09:02 PM
This team can beat anybody and lose to anybody on any given night

That's today's NBA.

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:03 PM
Embarrassing. Bulls you suck. Spurs really needed you to play like a playoff team and win. Instead you go down 30.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:05 PM
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/1375990332043694083?s=19

BillMc
Someone pass to Luka

Sugus
Weird line-up:

Patty
DeMar
Gay
Luka
Eubanks

I don't like it one bit. Offense reverts to shit and two players stand hopelessly in the corner, nobody can make plays, all me-first players or passive scorers in Eubanks-Luka. As expected, their bad D also allows Lavine to get hot, that shot over Patty was ridiculous. Not good tbbh

mo7888
03-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Weird line-up:

Patty
DeMar
Gay
Luka
Eubanks

Ideally Lonnie or Vassell would replace Rudy right about now...

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 09:11 PM
Stop letting Patty handle the ball. Spot-ups only. Fuck.

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Hopefully that’s Patty and Gay done for the night.

KobesAchilles
03-27-2021, 09:14 PM
Now that we are back and once again championship contenders, who do we want to face in the playoffs in the first round? Ideally, LA bc Lebron and AD are finished this year and it’s always fun to knock out the Lakers

BillMc
03-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Luka kind meh on defense. Hope he doesn't need touches to play both ends

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Man I hope Bulls can comeback.

RD2191
03-27-2021, 09:17 PM
Now that we are back and once again championship contenders, who do we want to face in the playoffs in the first round? Ideally, LA bc Lebron and AD are finished this year and it’s always fun to knock out the Lakers
:lol

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 09:22 PM
I don't know how these guys expect a defense to shift and leave an opening if neither the ball nor any of the goddamn players move an inch. GRRRRRRRR!

Sugus
03-27-2021, 09:25 PM
Well then.....

BatManu20
Bulls on 30-10 run.

Robz4000
Can't watch the game but I see the score. Also saw Vassell got hurt. What's the story?

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:26 PM
Rooting for the Bulls to win so we can get into the lottery. But I find myself upset when Spurs make a good play. Weird.

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:27 PM
Bulls are due for a comeback to avenge Spurs win in Chicago.

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 09:27 PM
Rooting for the Bulls to win so we can get into the lottery. But I find myself upset when Spurs make a good play. Weird.

Those two ideas make sense together though.

R. DeMurre
03-27-2021, 09:28 PM
Spurs broadcasters slamming Vucevic because of his +/- (worst in the league, R. DeMurre (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14577) would love this) :lmao :lmao

Not sure what you're talking about. He doesn't have the worst +/- in the league, and appreciating +/- as a stat requires looking at the big picture. If you own a stock or a cryptocurrency and it's up or down 5% in a single day, it doesn't mean much. If it's up or down consistently for a few years, it does mean something. Almost all of the top players in the NBA-- Lebron, Giannis, Embiid, Kawhi, etc., etc.-- consistently have incredible +/- numbers and have been among the league leaders for years. Mock it if you like, but there's a strong correlation with success on the court. Like with any stat, there are some outliers. But using +/- in conjunction with lots of other factors makes sense.

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:29 PM
Come on Bulls.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:30 PM
Not sure what you're talking about. He doesn't have the worst +/- in the league, and appreciating +/- as a stat requires looking at the big picture. If you own a stock or a cryptocurrency and it's up or down 5% in a single day, it doesn't mean much. If it's up or down consistently for a few years, it does mean something. Almost all of the top players in the NBA-- Lebron, Giannis, Embiid, Kawhi, etc., etc.-- consistently have incredible +/- numbers and have been among the league leaders for years. Mock it if you like, but there's a strong correlation with success on the court. Like with any stat, there are some outliers. But using +/- in conjunction with lots of other factors makes sense.

Bro what the hell

I wasn't mocking it. I'm pro statistics. I was laughing at the fact that they were blatantly slamming Vucevic. I don't see that often from broadcasters.

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Uuugh these guys move like molasses I swear. On offense and D. Getting tired of it. They started out the game attacking, now it's move the ball up court slow as death.

cd98
I need DDR to get fouled and not get a call so he can get a T and start throwing the game.

Sugus
Despite the possible choke, this is a spicier game now tbh

Will Bulls get karmic revenge for the past loss?

Leetonidas
Predictable

Uriel
03-27-2021, 09:33 PM
DeRozan carrying this team like per usual

Sugus
03-27-2021, 09:34 PM
The Ballerina?? :lmao :lmao :lmao

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:35 PM
At least I know Jakob will miss the free throw. Spurs need to lose a lot of games for best shot at lower lottery. 11th pick just isn’t low enough.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:35 PM
When games slow down like this and the offense looks disjointed, that's when post players become useful. Unfortunately, our only guy right now is DeMar. Poeltl is actually playing a good post game tonight, did not realize he was already at 17 points.

Edit: I guess Rudy too but he sucks

PhantomDashCam
03-27-2021, 09:36 PM
Game shifted as soon as Pop starts playing multiple players out of position.
Can get away with one, but not 2 or 3.

Robz4000
03-27-2021, 09:37 PM
Would be hilarious to see the Spurs find a way to choke a 30 point lead.

mo7888
03-27-2021, 09:37 PM
It's tough when you run an iso type offense and you go stretches with your only good iso offensive player on the bench... a real team oriented offense would alleviate that...and if you don't have it just PnR white and Poeltl until they stop it.

mo7888
03-27-2021, 09:38 PM
Game shifted as soon as Pop starts playing multiple players out of position.
Can get away with one, but not 2 or 3.

Yep

cd98
Ugh Jakob making free throws.

Dejounte
Lauri Markannen is g a r b a g e

R. DeMurre
03-27-2021, 09:39 PM
Bro what the hell

I wasn't mocking it. I'm pro statistics. I was laughing at the fact that they were blatantly slamming Vucevic. I don't see that often from broadcasters.

Gotcha-- sorry I misunderstood. I stopped watching at halftime. Was it Sean Elliott? He's kinda in contention for the worst NBA broadcaster in the country, now that Tommy Heinsohn has passed. When I had the NBA package through cable, I could choose the Home or Away broadcast, and almost always choose the Away to avoid listening to him, but now I have it through Amazon Prime and don't get that choice. Now, if Elliot's on, I just mute the volume and listen to music while watching the game. His homerism combined with his corny outlook is everything I hate in a broadcaster.

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:39 PM
Hack a Jak.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Gotcha-- sorry I misunderstood. I stopped watching at halftime. Was it Sean Elliott? He's kinda in contention for the worst NBA broadcaster in the country, now that Tommy Heinsohn has passed. When I had the NBA package through cable, I could could the Home or Away broadcast, and almost always choose the Away to avoid listening to him, but now I have it through Amazon Prime and don't get that choice. Now, if Elliot's on, I just mute the volume and listen to music while watching the game. His homerism combined with his corny outlook is everything I hate in a broadcaster.

Funnily enough, it was all three of them

tim_duncan_fan
03-27-2021, 09:40 PM
The sad thing is, if we don't give up this lead, they won't change anything.

The sadder thing is, if we do give up this lead, they won't change anything.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 09:41 PM
It's tough when you run an iso type offense and you go stretches with your only good iso offensive player on the bench... a real team oriented offense would alleviate that...and if you don't have it just PnR white and Poeltl until they stop it.

You and me both, brother :tu

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Damn White two great plays.

Kurgan
03-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Jakob's shooting form looks bad on those FTs. Either Spurs shooting coaches aren't doing their job or Jakob's not putting the work in to improve

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Good win. Let's keep it going.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Austin Spurs vs Chicago Bulls

LeBowen
03-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Idk how can you miss that they're always sarcastic about +/+ stats.
It's been like that for years. And they talked about Vucevic's +/- when we played the Magic.

Btw, I wouldn't offer more than 30/3 to Markkanen.

cd98
03-27-2021, 09:45 PM
Bulls are the gutless worms tonight.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 09:46 PM
I really hope we drop Weatherspoon soon, I don't like his game at all

Uriel
03-27-2021, 09:48 PM
Lol Weatherspoon, the season was going swimmingly until he became a superspreader.

BillMc
03-27-2021, 09:50 PM
Victory!!

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:50 PM
I hope that wasn't Luka running to the tunnel with 2.2 seconds left or my eyes deceive me. Sloppy play tonight by him. Pop will use this to justify his benching.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 09:52 PM
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/1376003751773896713?s=19

spurs10
03-27-2021, 09:56 PM
Victory!! Yes!

spurs1990
03-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Saw the box - Poetle shot 40% from FT with that 20. More of that JP

BillMc
03-27-2021, 09:59 PM
Best game by a long while for White and Jakob. Luka looked the worst I'd seen in a while.

Sugus
03-27-2021, 10:08 PM
Best game by a long while for White and Jakob. Luka looked the worst I'd seen in a while.

Yeah, Luka had one of those "nothing to write home about" games tonight. Passive on offense limiting himself to wait on the corner (to his credit, he was mostly on the court with heavy ISO lineups alongside Patty, Rudy, and DeMar, he wasn't gonna get many touches regardless), and not as reactive on defense as we've seen him. Hope he continues to get regular minutes, last game had me worried that he was on Pop's doghouse :lol

BatManu20
03-27-2021, 10:10 PM

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 10:18 PM
When DDR shares the ball first instead of looking to score, we are much more versatile team.

Backcourt looks good so far.

https://twitter.com/JeffGSpursZone/status/1376005885990993927?s=19

GAustex
03-27-2021, 10:22 PM
DDR throws down a massive dunk, everyone on the bench gets up...everybody except Trey Lyles who looks like somebody took the jam out of his doughnut. :lol
LOL

John B
03-27-2021, 10:29 PM
Yeah, Luka had one of those "nothing to write home about" games tonight. Passive on offense limiting himself to wait on the corner (to his credit, he was mostly on the court with heavy ISO lineups alongside Patty, Rudy, and DeMar, he wasn't gonna get many touches regardless), and not as reactive on defense as we've seen him. Hope he continues to get regular minutes, last game had me worried that he was on Pop's doghouse :lol

That’s what benching could do to a player, butbI hope it doesn’t. He plays a good game, and he gets the bench. And worst he plays with chucksters Patty. He’ll never see the ball.

R. DeMurre
03-27-2021, 10:36 PM

Kind of interesting that Nelson, Wilkens, and Sloan only have one NBA coaching championship between them. Shows how tough it is to accomplish, even with otherwise general success.

GAustex
03-27-2021, 10:48 PM
Thanks Batmanu

What a dilemma
Need the Spurs to lose for a better pick
Need the Spurs to win so poop will quit
What is more important?

siraulo23
03-27-2021, 11:04 PM
Much better energy from the Spurs.

Thank god, losing streak is over

ace3g
03-27-2021, 11:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Exik0UFWEAANI6J?format=png&name=large

J_Paco
03-27-2021, 11:46 PM
Kind of interesting that Nelson, Wilkens, and Sloan only have one NBA coaching championship between them. Shows how tough it is to accomplish, even with otherwise general success.

Yeah, winning championships and being a successful franchise is extremely difficult (contrary to what the armchair coaches/GM's on ST think), yet that is mostly all the Spurs have done throughout their existence.

Gonna make a lot of people upset and "outraged" on here, but I wouldn't be shocked if Pop returns for one last season to break (his mentor) Donnie Nelson's record.

Then again, maybe he'll be content with being in third place and call it quits after coaching team USA?

Gibbz
03-27-2021, 11:56 PM
Jak contract starting to look pretty nice.

mo7888
03-28-2021, 07:35 AM
Yeah, winning championships and being a successful franchise is extremely difficult (contrary to what the armchair coaches/GM's on ST think), yet that is mostly all the Spurs have done throughout their existence.

Gonna make a lot of people upset and "outraged" on here, but I wouldn't be shocked if Pop returns for one last season to break (his mentor) Donnie Nelson's record.

Then again, maybe he'll be content with being in third place and call it quits after coaching team USA?

I think we all expect him to stay until he gets the record..