PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge Signs with the Nets

timvp
03-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Pretty surprised, tbh. Thought it was going to be the Heat.

Darius Bieber
03-27-2021, 04:58 PM
Watch him suddenly be the prime Aldridge again on the Nets, a la Blake Griffin.

Robz4000
03-27-2021, 04:59 PM
:lol he trying to jump on det bandwagon. Glad it wasn't the Lakers at least, and it's a solid fuck you to the teams that wouldn't offer the Spurs anything for him.

Robz4000
03-27-2021, 04:59 PM
Watch him suddenly be the prime Aldridge again on the Nets, a la Blake Griffin.

Not a doubt in my mind. He was halfassing it when he was on the court this season, pouting over his lack of touches.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 05:01 PM
LMA vs Nephew Finals hmm.....

TimDunkem
03-27-2021, 05:01 PM
Not all that surprised he chose to ring chase than join Miami, but damn he's ring chasing hard. :lol Better Brooklyn than LAL though.

BatManu20
03-27-2021, 05:03 PM
Good for him. Go get you a ring LMA.

mo7888
I'm surprised...

timvp
to the teams that wouldn't offer the Spurs anything for him.

Yeah, it looked like the Heat had finessed the Spurs on the trade deadline. First, called their bluff about LMA deal. Next, refuse to give the Spurs anything for him because they sniffed out the bluff. Finally, so confident that they're getting LMA that they trade away their starting center (Olynyk) to make room for him.

Turns out, the Heat weren't as slick as they thought.

My guess is the Nets also offered a starting spot to LMA.

TimDunkem
03-27-2021, 05:04 PM
If the Nets don't ring...:lol

Dejounte
Yeah, it looked like the Heat had finessed the Spurs on the trade deadline. First, called their bluff about LMA deal. Next, refuse to give the Spurs anything for him because they sniffed out the bluff. Finally, so confident that they're getting LMA that they trade away their starting center (Olynyk) to make room for him.

They could still end up with Drummond or Dieng, which is better for them if we're being truly honest.

Degoat
I’m honestly glad he didn’t sign with one of the teams that wouldn’t trade for him, eat a dick Miami/Boston

tonight...you
03-27-2021, 05:05 PM
I am not bothered by this.

r0drig0lac
03-27-2021, 05:05 PM
idgaf

Dex
03-27-2021, 05:11 PM
Trying to glide his way to an easy ring. Not surprised one bit...he got beat by KD so many times, he decided to join him.

GAustex
03-27-2021, 05:13 PM
idgaf

exstatic
03-27-2021, 05:14 PM
Aldridge pimps the Heat a second time. Eat a dick, Riles.

Oh, and, eat a dick, Ainge. :lol

PrimeMinister
03-27-2021, 05:17 PM
Makes even less sense than signing with the heat

Play him next to claxton off the bench for 15 minutes a game? Your bench is gonna get run off the floor.

every fanbase in the nba is about to get a front row seat to the LMA retirement tour. He’s done.

Do I think it’s possible Pop and LMA had a handshake in place he wouldn’t go to miami with the heat tanking any trade hopes for him? No, but the scenario is funny to think about and I like it.

exstatic
03-27-2021, 05:18 PM
Riles trades Olynik. Ainge trades Theis. Left holding their dicks in their hands. :lol

hoopdreams11
03-27-2021, 05:23 PM
Sean Marks

Chillen
03-27-2021, 05:25 PM
I actually thought he would be a good fit for the Nets, his style of game is perfect with Harden/Irving. He's a good passer and has a high BBIQ so he will find KD. I like this move for the Nets. This team is going to be a beast when healthy and they have Blake Griffin likely coming off the bench. Of course no ring is guaranteed but on paper I don't see any reason whey they shouldn't win it all this year other than health or chemistry not clicking. They look prettty solid. Nash is a good coach and it's up to him to make all these stars work, Nash has a high BBIQ so I think he will be able to do it. They have enough talent on this roster now to get to the Finals even without KD playing.

RD2191
03-27-2021, 05:27 PM
As long as LeFraud doesn't ring I'm good. Fuck the Lakers.

murpjf88
03-27-2021, 05:27 PM
Aldridge has always been a frontrunner so this isn't surprising.

tbdog
03-27-2021, 05:29 PM
The nets are the best team in the east, and that's without Durant.

daslicer
03-27-2021, 05:30 PM
I was cool with wherever he went as long as it wasn't the LA teams. I hope he succeeds and gets a ring with the Nets.

RC_Drunkford
03-27-2021, 05:33 PM
Dope, he gon get a lot of open shots playing with Harden and Kyrie. Get that ring

Dverde
03-27-2021, 05:33 PM
I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a gentlemen’s agreement that he stay in the East. It’s really a reasonable request for The Spurs who are in the hunt for the playoffs. I think he’s better than Jordan and Griffen if motivated. I hope he gets a ring despite his wet fart exit.

Dverde
03-27-2021, 05:35 PM
The nets are the best team in the east, and that's without Durant.

Funny if they win and Durant still doesn’t get validation being on a second superstar team. “Never could lead a team by himself to a championship!” :lol “Always needed a lot of help” :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-27-2021, 05:35 PM
every game is gonna be 160-145 nets win

tonight...you
03-27-2021, 05:38 PM
I have deeper feelings over Harden ringing than LeFraud, but since they're on the same team, our affiliations align.
This is why we buds!

BatManu20
03-27-2021, 05:39 PM

TD 21
03-27-2021, 05:48 PM
Even though the Heat will probably pivot, sign Dieng and be fine, I'm glad they didn't get what they wanted for once and for the time being have a gaping hole at backup center.

Smart move by Aldridge. The Heat aren't contenders and he'd have inevitably mostly backed up Adebayo in the playoffs. The Nets have no clear starting or closing option at center.

In the contrived/tainted championship era, he might as well not be half pregnant, as "legacy" wise it apparently doesn't matter how you win championships (look what it did for Scumbag and Lowry) anymore.

Unfortunately, as he has for much of his career, Scumbag still has the best team, but it's possible the flawed Nets talent their way to it.

GreekSpursfan
03-27-2021, 05:59 PM

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 05:59 PM
https://twitter.com/YossiGozlan/status/1375945183305474048

Must be great to be in a big market.

Dejounte
03-27-2021, 06:02 PM
https://twitter.com/biscaynebucket1/status/1375240170337923076

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

james evans
03-27-2021, 06:05 PM

Maddog
Yep screw you Miami
Should of pinged up done assets

B1gduff
hey alteast the Lakers aren't looking at another Ring! So, I am Happy!

cd98
03-27-2021, 06:14 PM
Olynik, but the Heat are regretting that move. LMA, I’m good with him at Nets. Let him get a title. Bring one home for Sean Marks. He’s the class act and he did amazing turn around with Nets.

jjspur
03-27-2021, 06:16 PM
You know that Nash will have his players running constant fast breaks....everyone will be running except Aldridge. His running days are over. Now its time to chase (jog) after a ring. Although they are the probable favorites with all that talent, not 100% sure the Nets win the east though. Got to play some defense to win it all.

Budkin
03-27-2021, 06:18 PM

This satisfies me greatly. Heat fans are in meltdown mode right now.

GAustex
03-27-2021, 06:21 PM
I actually thought he would be a good fit for the Nets, his style of game is perfect with Harden/Irving. He's a good passer and has a high BBIQ so he will find KD. I like this move for the Nets. This team is going to be a beast when healthy and they have Blake Griffin likely coming off the bench. Of course no ring is guaranteed but on paper I don't see any reason whey they shouldn't win it all this year other than health or chemistry not clicking. They look prettty solid. Nash is a good coach and it's up to him to make all these stars work, Nash has a high BBIQ so I think he will be able to do it. They have enough talent on this roster now to get to the Finals even without KD playing.
Good passer?
High BBIQ?
Really?

DeRozan m8
03-27-2021, 06:22 PM
What a fucking little bitch....of course he does.

No karma when this quitting bitch and nephew both get rings for fucking us over.

Fuck the nba is shit these days...Full of weak little cunts

NickiRasgo
03-27-2021, 06:22 PM
Initially hated that he's signing with the Nets until you pointed out that the Heat taken him for granted not striking the deal with the Spurs when they could've. Go get that ring LMA!

DeRozan m8
03-27-2021, 06:25 PM
Imagine being happy about someone shitting on you and then getting a ring.

You cunts are as weak as him

Literal little cucks

lefty20
03-27-2021, 06:28 PM
Meh. Whatever it takes to stop Lakers & Clippers from ringing.

GB20
03-27-2021, 06:28 PM
Olynik, but the Heat are regretting that move. LMA, I’m good with him at Nets. Let him get a title. Bring one home for Sean Marks. He’s the class act and he did amazing turn around with Nets.
Why didn’t the spurs offer Sean Marks the GM job? He is doing an amazing job at Brooklyn.

Rummpd
03-27-2021, 06:29 PM
Great I can despise Nets and bandwagon/quit on Spurs DA even more.

daslicer
03-27-2021, 06:32 PM
Meh. Whatever it takes to stop Lakers & Clippers from ringing.

This is how I feel.

TD 21
03-27-2021, 06:35 PM
Adridge tried to win a legitimate championship, even sticking it out (not for altruistic reasons, but still) for 4.5 seasons after the combination of Durant to the Warriors/Scumbag quitting eliminated any chance he had.

Even though it was time to limit his role, I don't blame him for not wanting to suffer the indignity of playing limited backup minutes on a mediocre team or for signing with one of the 3-4 true contenders.

The credibility of the championship has been obliterated in the past 4.5 seasons anyway. He might as well try to clinch his HOF spot and change the narrative about him.

baseline bum
03-27-2021, 06:37 PM
That's just fucking hilarious seeing him cuck the Heat. I'd root hard for him in the Finals against the Clippers. Doesn't seem like the Lakers year with all these injuries so doubt they make it out of the conference anyways. Honestly I would root for Phoenix over the Nets if that's the Finals. Tough call if it's like Phoenix vs Philly though.

heyheymymy
03-27-2021, 06:46 PM
No dude, fuck this guy if he averages anything more than 6 and 4 because it means he held out on us.

Floyd Pacquiao
03-27-2021, 06:53 PM
I don’t even hate Aldridge for what ever reason he’s always been a 2nd fiddle at best. We had our chance with him in 16 and 17 but Kawhi choked and then got Zaza’d and that was that. I’m fine that he held I out, I wish Derozan would do the same I’m ready for the youth movement

gambit1990
03-27-2021, 07:19 PM
fück the nets tbh.

RD2191
03-27-2021, 07:29 PM
I have deeper feelings over Harden ringing than LeFraud, but since they're on the same team, our affiliations align.
This is why we buds!
Don't get me wrong, this Nets team is full of insufferable faggots, but NOTHING will ever replace the seething hatred I have for the Lakers, LeBronze, and their worthless piece of shit fan base.

Joseph Kony
03-27-2021, 07:34 PM
So either the Lakers win a ring, Nephew wins a ring, or that team full of asswipes in Brooklyn wins a ring. outcome this year sucks either way

Ice009
03-27-2021, 07:38 PM

Literal little cucks

I'm not happy about it, but I am somewhat happy that he's gone to the East and it's not the Lakers, Clippers, Trailblazers (who are all out West), and also the two East teams who wanted him, but wouldn't give us jack shit for him (Miami and Celtics - fuck these two teams the most). If I had my choice of teams, I'd have probably preferred he went to the 76ers or Bucks to help them try and knock the Nets off, but yeah, could have been much worse, so that is the way I am choosing to look at it. Normally, I'd agree with you, though.

Also, in regard to the Nets, although I don't like Durant, Harden, Kyrie, D Jordan, Griffin (geez, they got a long list of players I DO NOT LIKE on that team), at least Sean Marks is a top notch guy. Tim Duncan and Manu both really liked the guy, so that is good enough for me to not hate on what he's doing. His job is to try and bring a Championship to Brooklyn and he's doing his best to try and do just that. He's done a pretty darn good job giving them the best shot to do so.

Having said all that, I always prefer dominant big men due to growing up in the D-Rob, Hakeem, Ewing, Shaq, TD era (just to name a few, sorry if I missed out any other greats), so I will most likely go for the 76ers (hopefully Embiid is healthy) or Milwaukee (Giannis finally won me over by not bailing and re-signing with the Bucks) to win the Eastern conference.

Who do you guys see as the legit Championship contenders up to this point of the season?

SPURt
03-27-2021, 07:51 PM
I’m happy for any team that rings over Kawhi.

cd98
03-27-2021, 07:57 PM
It’s funny how the narrative changes. Before the trade deadline everyone in the sports pundit world was saying LMA is done. He signs with the Nets and everyone is like now he makes them unbeatable.

Chomag
03-27-2021, 08:09 PM
Good job Pat Rilley maybe you should have traded with us . So sorry, not sorry

Gibbz
03-27-2021, 08:12 PM
Pretty funny to see Pat Riley get fucked.

Slippy
03-27-2021, 08:13 PM
All the best Lamarcus. Go get that ring. Sorry the spurs couldnt do it for you before the mute jumped ship.

So much for chasing shots . The nets of all teams. Lol

mo7888
03-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, this Nets team is full of insufferable faggots, but NOTHING will ever replace the seething hatred I have for the Lakers, LeBronze, and their worthless piece of shit fan base.

This is the correct take....

spurs10
03-27-2021, 08:46 PM
Glad he got to a potential contender. If Clips make the Finals I'll be rooting for the Nets...if they make it.

Prime BEEF
03-27-2021, 08:54 PM
So either the Lakers win a ring, Nephew wins a ring, or that team full of asswipes in Brooklyn wins a ring. outcome this year sucks either way
Or Utah and Denver. Everybody sleeping on them. And they shouldn’t

KobesAchilles
03-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Or Utah and Denver. Everybody sleeping on them. And they shouldn’t
You get “slept on” when you get pwned every year in the playoffs. Gotta win something first and they sure as hell aint winning this year

heyheymymy
03-27-2021, 09:31 PM
League getting ran by a 12 year old boy on a mtn dew rush.

spurraider21
03-27-2021, 09:51 PM
Glad he cucked the heat. What they get for waiting on buyout instead of sending us some scraps

tmtcsc
03-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Pretty surprised, tbh. Thought it was going to be the Heat.

Why? The Heat have no chance of going back to the Finals much less winning. Aldridge is chasing a Ring & going to a stacked team fits his style & personality. Less responsibility and effort necessary. You weren't thinking this was about playing time did you? I'm so tired of all the nonsense and wishing him luck. It's all empty. He was unprofessional from the day he showed up at camp for the first time. He was consistently over-weight, made little to no effort at doing what the coaching staff asked of him and was just a pain in the ass. Nice personality? Maybe, I have no idea. But who cares? This is the NBA. From the earliest stories of him walking off the court when Tim urged him to work harder to shriveling up after Kawhi was injured against Golden State, this man did nothing to lead this team. Everything he did was at his pace & choice.

I was thrilled when he signed here but he quickly proved me wrong. Just like Pau Gasol.

duncan2k5
03-27-2021, 09:55 PM

Exactly

tonight...you
03-27-2021, 09:56 PM
I hair dat, woooooooooord.

tmtcsc
03-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Pretty funny to see Pat Riley get fucked.

There was no way in HELL Lamarcus was going to the Heat. Try reading Shaq's books about the work ethic required to play there. Aldridge would have been more miserable than he was here. He actually would have been in danger of quickly getting cut. Shit, he would been in danger of Jimmy Butler bitch slapping him around for lack of effort.

timtonymanu
03-27-2021, 10:52 PM

Literal little cucks

Tbh

timtonymanu
03-27-2021, 10:54 PM
Why? The Heat have no chance of going back to the Finals much less winning. Aldridge is chasing a Ring & going to a stacked team fits his style & personality. Less responsibility and effort necessary. You weren't thinking this was about playing time did you? I'm so tired of all the nonsense and wishing him luck. It's all empty. He was unprofessional from the day he showed up at camp for the first time. He was consistently over-weight, made little to no effort at doing what the coaching staff asked of him and was just a pain in the ass. Nice personality? Maybe, I have no idea. But who cares? This is the NBA. From the earliest stories of him walking off the court when Tim urged him to work harder to shriveling up after Kawhi was injured against Golden State, this man did nothing to lead this team. Everything he did was at his pace & choice.

I was thrilled when he signed here but he quickly proved me wrong. Just like Pau Gasol.

Truth bombs

Prose
03-27-2021, 10:58 PM
:lol he trying to jump on det bandwagon. Glad it wasn't the Lakers at least, and it's a solid fuck you to the teams that wouldn't offer the Spurs anything for him.

why would anybody offer anything for him when we made it clear he was going to be bought out anyways

Prose
03-27-2021, 11:09 PM

why would anybody offer anything for him when we made it clear he was going to be bought out anyways

Robz4000
03-27-2021, 11:42 PM

They didn't make it clear at all. They tried to trade him for some value but Pat Riley tried to call the Spurs out by saying they could just get him after the trade deadline because the Spurs would have to buy him out at that point. Problem for Riley is LMA chose a legit shot at a ring over playing time, and now the Heat have no Cs on their roster.

superbigtime
03-27-2021, 11:47 PM
Today's ring chasing NBA is gross

Gibbz
03-27-2021, 11:51 PM
He's literally one of the oldest players in the NBA. If he's still playable why would he not go to the best situation? Especially to a defense-optional offensive juggernaut in the shitty conference. Similar to Marc with LAL--and Marc even already has a ring. If the Nets ring and LMA contributes I'm not gonna be salty for the teams who refused to deal with us. The same mother fuckers bitching about Aldridge wanting to get bought out didn't want him playing here anyway.

MultiTroll
03-27-2021, 11:57 PM
F LMA
F the Nyets

Will enjoy if their phaggot asses get beat in the playoffs.

cd98
03-28-2021, 12:46 AM

yes, but buyout guys have done this for years, including some that signed with the Spurs. I got no problem with what LMA did.

lefty
03-28-2021, 12:53 AM

Yeah because it never happened before

/s

RC_Drunkford
03-28-2021, 04:43 AM
Spurs fans complaining about ring chasing vets when we signed ring chasing vets for the past 22 years :lmao

Spursfanfromafar
03-28-2021, 07:09 AM
Best wishes to LMA, but eff the Nets. Go Bucks!

Capt Bringdown
03-28-2021, 01:11 PM
What does this mean for LakerRef?
Gonna take a lotta Laker-reffing to beat this Nets juggernaut, but anything's possible in today's NBA.

Beartrucci
03-28-2021, 01:30 PM
What does this mean for LakerRef?
Gonna take a lotta Laker-reffing to beat this Nets juggernaut, but anything's possible in today's NBA.

Lakerfan is already prematurely discrediting the Nets' ring acting like The King didn't invent this shit :lol

I love that having the arguable GOAT and Anthony Davis puts one at a big disadvantage now :rollin

Capt Bringdown
03-28-2021, 01:34 PM
Lakerfan is already prematurely discrediting the Nets' ring acting like The King didn't invent this shit :lol

I love that having the arguable GOAT and Anthony Davis puts one at a big disadvantage now :rollin

LBJ will be on the Nets next year - book it!

Beartrucci
03-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Wait, Drummond is on his way to Lakers according to agent. So are things fair again? :lol

GreekSpursfan
03-28-2021, 04:40 PM
I don't see the Nets as the last team standing tbh, zero legit defender on that team. Yeah they're gonna be great on the other end but too many sieves. Unfortunately i still have the Lakers winning assuming they are gonna be back in time.

JPB
03-28-2021, 04:59 PM

Go ask that to Miami or Boston.

Darius Bieber
03-28-2021, 10:50 PM
Spurs fans complaining about ring chasing vets when we signed ring chasing vets for the past 22 years :lmao

Drew Gooden, Kevin Martin, Andre Miller just to name a few off the top of my head, and none of them succeeded in getting a ring lmao; Boris Diaw did however (not in his buyout/signing year though)

tmtcsc
03-30-2021, 12:04 PM
I don't see the Nets as the last team standing tbh, zero legit defender on that team. Yeah they're gonna be great on the other end but too many sieves. Unfortunately i still have the Lakers winning assuming they are gonna be back in time.

Bro, I'm not sure they even make it to the Conference Finals. They are not healthy & their returning stars won't have much time to get things back together. They had a better "team" last year.

tmtcsc
03-30-2021, 12:06 PM
Drew Gooden, Kevin Martin, Andre Miller just to name a few off the top of my head, and none of them succeeded in getting a ring lmao; Boris Diaw did however (not in his buyout/signing year though)

Big Dog Robinson got his, Michael Finley and Brent Barry did too. Nick Van Excel, Damon Stoudamire, Charlie Ward, Tracy McGrady and David West all missed out.

The Truth #6
03-30-2021, 12:44 PM
I suppose the difference is that players are more likely to force there way out now mid-season.

GreekSpursfan
03-31-2021, 02:15 AM
Bro, I'm not sure they even make it to the Conference Finals. They are not healthy & their returning stars won't have much time to get things back together. They had a better "team" last year.

If they are back in time and healthy i like the Lakers team better, some times too many cooks... you know the rest.