PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan Kenobi series

lefty
03-29-2021, 12:33 PM

Texas_Ranger
03-29-2021, 01:16 PM
cant wait to see Vader walking around without his helmet.

LaMarcus Bryant
03-29-2021, 01:21 PM
Hayden Christensen, young Ice Cube and the Viper's fine ass consort all talking about how annoying sand is

count me in

Spurtacular
03-29-2021, 02:50 PM

All the colors of the rainbow. Should be super awesome.

lefty
03-29-2021, 03:05 PM

Hell yeah

Trainwreck2100
03-30-2021, 05:34 PM
cant wait to see Vader walking around without his helmet.

It has to be flashbacks, but who knows the idiot redos of the movie establish that he somehow never aged in 30 years

benefactor
03-30-2021, 10:39 PM
Waiting on Vader Down tbh

leemajors
03-31-2021, 07:19 AM

Great comic.

lefty
03-31-2021, 12:50 PM

Great comic.
Thanks for the suggestion I'm gonna read that

Spurtacular
03-31-2021, 01:17 PM

Oh, not the real darkies. Yea, Hollywood hates the field slaves.

lefty
03-09-2022, 09:46 AM
https://twitter.com/ew/status/1501556150059159552

lefty
03-09-2022, 03:01 PM
Live Action Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother woohoo

Also, McGregor’s face looks thinner, starting to look more like Alec Guiness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctre9NwPAI

Xevious
03-09-2022, 05:41 PM
Pretty much confirmed to be a one-off there at the end. Which is fine by me. There should be more mini/limited series.

leemajors
03-09-2022, 06:51 PM
Live Action Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother woohoo

Also, McGregor’s face looks thinner, starting to look more like Alec Guiness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ctre9NwPAI

I can't wait, but I am a sucker for this stuff.

Monostradamus
03-09-2022, 08:09 PM
Hard pass. I will never forgive Hayden Christiansen for what he did to Darth Vader.

lefty
03-09-2022, 08:37 PM
Hard pass. I will never forgive Hayden Christiansen for what he did to Darth Vader.

Hayden isn’t a bad actor tbh

Not his fault if his lines were crimgy AF

He actually did a good job playing a conflicted individual, that’s bot easy to di

Monostradamus
03-09-2022, 08:55 PM

He actually did a good job playing a conflicted individual, that’s bot easy to di
He gave the absolute worst acting performance ever put on camera. I’d honestly rank Tommy Wiseau in The Room as better acting than Hayden in the prequels.

leemajors
03-10-2022, 11:51 AM

I think you have Hayden mixed up with the voice actor from Clone Wars

ChumpDumper
03-10-2022, 12:40 PM
I'll give Hayden a chance. Portman acted like absolute dogshit in the prequels too and we all know she can be pretty decent with the right script and direction. Only McGregor and Jackson overcame the Lucas effect IMO.

I'm glad there is a different showrunner this time around. Someday they need to have a series that has nothing to do with Tatooine.

lefty
03-10-2022, 12:54 PM
Hayden’s chemistry with McGregor is undeniable though
His acting in scenes with McGregor was mich better than in any other scene, maybe he was more comfortable working with him

Blake
03-10-2022, 01:45 PM
I'll give Hayden a chance. Portman acted like absolute dogshit in the prequels too and we all know she can be pretty decent with the right script and direction. Only McGregor and Jackson overcame the Lucas effect IMO.

I'm glad there is a different showrunner this time around. Someday they need to have a series that has nothing to do with Tatooine.

Lol was thinking the same thing. All the planets of a Galaxy to choose from and everything keeps coming back to this desert planet

I mean it's ok for a few things but c'mon. Boba has way better places to go

ChumpDumper
03-10-2022, 01:52 PM
Lol was thinking the same thing. All the planets of a Galaxy to choose from and everything keeps coming back to this desert planet

I mean it's ok for a few things but c'mon. Boba has way better places to goYou know you're out of ideas when you make the place Arrakis after your major competitor reboots the original story.

Neo.
03-10-2022, 03:32 PM
hayden didn't do a good job obviously but it wasn't his decisions that his character hated sand and wished he could wish his feelings away. he also didn't choose himself for the role, he simply auditioned and did what he was paid to do. lucas deserves 98% of the blame, and hayden gets the other 2 for not having higher standards for himself

Xevious
03-10-2022, 06:55 PM
He gave the absolute worst acting performance ever put on camera. I’d honestly rank Tommy Wiseau in The Room as better acting than Hayden in the prequels.
People who criticize the sequel trilogy (rightfully so) but then praise the prequels must be really young, or have a terrible memory. The prequels have some of the most awkward dialogue and shittiest acting you will ever find in a big budget movie.

lefty
03-10-2022, 10:25 PM
People who criticize the sequel trilogy (rightfully so) but then praise the prequels must be really young, or have a terrible memory. The prequels have some of the most awkward dialogue and shittiest acting you will ever find in a big budget movie.

Prequels aren’t perfect but they were still good imo
Revenge of the Sith was great

I didn’t like the prequels the first tine I watched them but they have grown on me

Acting wasn’t bad, it was the dialogue lines that were awful, even the best actors in the history would have looked bad with those lines

And Filoni made those movies even better with The Clone Wars

The sequels? well those were terrible, shitty writing, even worse dialogue
“Somehow Palpatine has returned “ 🤮

“They fly now”

And Oscar Isaac is an excellent actor tbh

The sequels never happened as far as I’m concerned :lol

leemajors
03-11-2022, 07:39 AM
At least Hayden will have the suit on the whole time :lol

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-11-2022, 10:26 AM

I didn’t like the prequels the first tine I watched them but they have grown on me

Acting wasn’t bad, it was the dialogue lines that were awful, even the best actors in the history would have looked bad with those lines

“Somehow Palpatine has returned “ ��

“They fly now”

what sequels? you mean fan fiction? some larping stuff on youtube?

Monostradamus
03-11-2022, 11:35 AM

“Somehow Palpatine has returned “ 冷

“They fly now”

The concepts and ideas in the prequels is great, but the execution is as bad as it gets in moviemaking. It’s an unwatchable abomination of CGI, greenscreens, and wooden acting with dialogue that sounds like it was written by an AI bot.

The exact opposite is true for the sequel trilogy - great execution in filmmaking, but stupid unoriginal ideas (sans parts of The Last Jedi, which has great ideas, but the neckbeards couldn’t handle their precious manbaby Luke being treated like less than a god).

lefty
03-11-2022, 01:30 PM
The concepts and ideas in the prequels is great, but the execution is as bad as it gets in moviemaking. It’s an unwatchable abomination of CGI, greenscreens, and wooden acting with dialogue that sounds like it was written by an AI bot.

The exact opposite is true for the sequel trilogy - great execution in filmmaking, but stupid unoriginal ideas (sans parts of The Last Jedi, which has great ideas, but the neckbeards couldn’t handle their precious manbaby Luke being treated like less than a god).

Yeah the CGI was horrible in the prequels

I agree on the sequels, they were visually striking in theaters but the rest was shit

Blake
03-11-2022, 04:07 PM

Space Leia was a great idea. I'm still laughing

lefty
03-11-2022, 04:32 PM
Space Leia was a great idea. I'm still laughing

:lol that Mary Poppins moment was terrible

But hey the Force can be unlimited for the Skylwalkers, they are extremely powerful tbh

Blake
03-11-2022, 05:21 PM
But hey the Force can be unlimited for the Skylwalkers, they are extremely powerful tbh

Meanwhile

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/87/71/ff8771fa81d000f22eefc029b5e3c3bc.gif

Neo.
03-11-2022, 05:30 PM

tbh if the explanation instead was that luke used his power from the other end of the galaxy to save leia in that moment, the majority of the people who hated TLJ would instead have loved it and thought it was the greatest scene ever

koriwhat
03-11-2022, 07:42 PM
Kumail will be its downfall! That dude is a total snoozefest on screen no matter the show/movie. He is a shit actor in everything.

lefty
03-14-2022, 12:14 AM
omg fuck Disney and Kathleen Kennedy

:pctoss

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/obi-wan-kenobi-scripts-too-dark-1234707478/

leemajors
03-14-2022, 06:13 PM
omg fuck Disney and Kathleen Kennedy

:pctoss

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/obi-wan-kenobi-scripts-too-dark-1234707478/

It had Maul in it, I’m glad they changed that tbh. No reason to do that, his arc in Rebels was perfect

lefty
03-15-2022, 11:45 AM
It had Maul in it, I’m glad they changed that tbh. No reason to do that, his arc in Rebels was perfect
Agree on Maul, that last duel with Obi on Tatooine was a great conclusion

But it’s the change of tone that has me worried

Hopefully it won’t be too light

lefty
05-27-2022, 05:17 PM
I’m loving how this show is drawing from both the Kenobi comics and Leia comics

Also :
Leia : gets rescued in A New Hope, complains
Leia : gets rescued in the Kenobi show, complains

btw, nice cameo by Morrison as a clone vet

leemajors
05-27-2022, 06:44 PM
I’m loving how this show is drawing from both the Kenobi comics and Leia comics

Also :
Leia : gets rescued in A New Hope, complains
Leia : gets rescued in the Kenobi show, complains

btw, nice cameo by Morrison as a clone vet

I still don't like how the Grand Inquisitor looks, but I like it so far.

lefty
05-27-2022, 11:44 PM
I still don't like how the Grand Inquisitor looks, but I like it so far.

yep
But at leat he has his Rebels sith eyes, unlike in the trailers

Proxy
06-01-2022, 03:00 PM
i won't ever get the people in charge of star wars. i get that its a show for kids, and a money grab, so the writing will always be dogshit, but then they're willing to show a storm trooper get cut in half and have obi dragged through fire by vader.

obi being a bitch all of the sudden is gimmicky af. maybe he shouldn't dress like a jedi when they're looking for jedis, vader is suddenly out maneuvered by a robot and rando person with a gun?

Texas_Ranger
06-01-2022, 03:08 PM
i won't ever get the people in charge of star wars. i get that its a show for kids, and a money grab, so the writing will always be dogshit, but then they're willing to show a storm trooper get cut in half and have obi dragged through fire by vader.

obi being a bitch all of the sudden is gimmicky af. maybe he shouldn't dress like a jedi when they're looking for jedis, vader is suddenly out maneuvered by a robot and rando person with a gun?

disney cant write... Old SW video games had better stories. All this new stuff is being written by retards.

lefty
06-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Nah the games suck ass

Darth_Pelican
06-01-2022, 05:40 PM
Flea!

Dick Jones
06-01-2022, 06:38 PM
The prequels were the worst written stories on Earth, so don’t be shocked if they aren’t making chicken salad out of it here.

chunticakes
06-01-2022, 07:09 PM
That Inquisitor character is garbage. We didn't wait 20 years to see her.

lefty
06-01-2022, 07:59 PM
The prequels were the worst written stories on Earth, so don’t be shocked if they aren’t making chicken salad out of it here.
Jarjar was an abomination and there was too much romance in AOTC, and fuck all that CGIfest
But overall the prequels were good, and ROTS was great imo

lefty
06-01-2022, 07:59 PM
Jarjar was an abomination and there was too much romance in AOTC, and fuck all that CGIfest

leemajors
06-02-2022, 07:50 AM

That Mace/Sidious fight is pretty bad, tbh.

Xevious
06-02-2022, 08:14 AM
There was NO romance in AOTC. There was borderline sexual assault with zero chemistry and cringy as hell dialogue.

Xevious
06-02-2022, 08:20 AM
Mixed feelings on Obi Wan. Him babysitting a 10-year-old Leia while being chased by that one inquisitor is not what I expected it to be. And I'm not talking about the saber fight specifically, but that entire scene with Vader was really underwhelming.

leemajors
06-02-2022, 11:29 AM
Mixed feelings on Obi Wan. Him babysitting a 10-year-old Leia while being chased by that one inquisitor is not what I expected it to be. And I'm not talking about the saber fight specifically, but that entire scene with Vader was really underwhelming.

I was hoping more for something like Yoda went through in Clone Wars preparing himself to be able to project from the cosmic force after death, but I guess that will get rushed if it is there at all.

I wouldn't expect Obi Wan to put up much of a fight against peak Vader especially showing what they had of him so far, but I don't think it was really necessary to show it? I enjoyed the first two episodes way more

Xevious
06-02-2022, 01:21 PM
I was hoping more for something like Yoda went through in Clone Wars preparing himself to be able to project from the cosmic force after death, but I guess that will get rushed if it is there at all.

I wouldn't expect Obi Wan to put up much of a fight against peak Vader especially showing what they had of him so far, but I don't think it was really necessary to show it? I enjoyed the first two episodes way more

I guess that's my point. The saber fight wasn't necessary at all. It should have been more of an emotional meeting for Obi-Wan than what we got.

Dick Jones
06-04-2022, 09:16 PM
lol why didn’t Vader just walk around the fire? Or better yet, he just forced pushed to blow out the fire like 10 seconds earlier, but now he’s like “welp nothing to be done about this fire, I guess we’ll just let Obi Wan escape” :lol After the first episode I had my hopes up that it would at least be decent, but nope this thing is an absolute turd sandwich.

leemajors
06-08-2022, 04:54 PM
The fourth episode was good.

lefty
06-10-2022, 09:45 AM
Pissed off Vader walking into the fortress manu militari to punish Reva was awesome :lol
I also liked how Obi used the same diversion move on those 2 stormtroopers that he used in ANH on those 2 other stormtroopers; we all knew he was going to do it because fan service, but still it was a nice touch

It think we'll have another Kenobi vs Vader rematch in episode 6; in ANH. Vader tells Obi the last time they met, Obi was the master and Vader the learner.

Also, McGregor's acting has been on point

Blake
06-10-2022, 05:13 PM
Haven't seen it but I'm not liking them putting Vader in a Disney channel setting like this. Ben v DV seems meant for the big screen.

benefactor
06-16-2022, 11:26 PM
Im three episodes in. This is fucking terrible.:lol

jeebus
06-17-2022, 07:53 AM

Get ready to laugh near the end of episode 4. A disguise that looks like it was conceived by a 5 year old.

lefty
06-17-2022, 08:45 AM
This show is better than overrated Breaking Bad and GOT combined tbh

Xevious
06-17-2022, 09:50 AM
This show is better than overrated Breaking Bad and GOT combined tbh
:lol

Xevious
06-17-2022, 10:04 AM
The main problem with this series is that it's pointless. We know where all the main characters end up, and there has been sufficient content with all the movies/cartoons to fill in any gaps. There's nothing that could've been done in this series that was surprising or offered up new insight to the characters.

Disney had an opportunity when they bought the Star Wars franchise to explore something new. But they're dead set on rehashing the same old shit. Mandalorian is kind of new, but it's mainly been a merchandising vehicle for baby Yoda, and they take every opportunity they can to squeeze in cartoon characters and a CGI Luke Skywalker. I wish they'd move away from the Skywalker timeline and write some original stories in a different setting.

leemajors
06-17-2022, 10:09 AM
The main problem with this series is that it's pointless. We know where all the main characters end up, and there has been sufficient content with all the movies/cartoons to fill in any gaps. There's nothing that could've been done in this series that was surprising or offered up new insight to the characters.

Disney had an opportunity when they bought the Star Wars franchise to explore something new. But they're dead set on rehashing the same old shit. Mandalorian is kind of new, but it's mainly been a merchandising vehicle for baby Yoda, and they take every opportunity they can to squeeze in cartoon characters and a CGI Luke Skywalker. I wish they'd move away from the Skywalker timeline and write some original stories in a different setting.

The Acolyte sounds interesting. I am still looking forward to Ahsoka because I really want to see Thrawn live action, and want to know if she finds who she is looking for. I thought Rebels did a great job of some fan service but it wasn't driving the story. Will be interesting to see what Taika does with his movie too, he is completely uninterested in rehashing anything old

lefty
06-17-2022, 10:11 AM
The Acolyte sounds interesting. I am still looking forward to Ahsoka because I really want to see Thrawn live action, and want to know if she finds who she is looking for. I thought Rebels did a great job of some fan service but it wasn't driving the story.
Ahsoka should be interesting

I saw the leaked teaser that was shown at the Star Wars event, Hera Syndulla was in there, and there was a shot of Sabine looking at the mural (depicting the team) that we saw at the end of the Rebels

leemajors
06-17-2022, 10:47 AM
Ahsoka should be interesting

I saw the leaked teaser that was shown at the Star Wars event, Hera Syndulla was in there, and there was a shot of Sabine looking at the mural (depicting the team) that we saw at the end of the Rebels

Yeah that mural was great. The teaser was cool. Maybe Ezra is chilling with the Chiss Ascendancy :lol

lefty
06-17-2022, 11:23 AM
Yeah that mural was great. The teaser was cool. Maybe Ezra is chilling with the Chiss Ascendancy :lol

They better cast Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn

slick'81
06-18-2022, 01:43 AM
lol why didn’t Vader just walk around the fire? Or better yet, he just forced pushed to blow out the fire like 10 seconds earlier, but now he’s like “welp nothing to be done about this fire, I guess we’ll just let Obi Wan escape” :lol After the first episode I had my hopes up that it would at least be decent, but nope this thing is an absolute turd sandwich.

Hes afraid of fire, and he doesn't like sand

leemajors
06-22-2022, 01:41 PM
It was a little clunky at first overall (the series), but I though the last 3 episodes were fairly solid and I enjoyed the finale. There is no reason for another season though, they can use books/comics to fill in the rest.

djohn2oo8
06-22-2022, 02:43 PM
He let Obi Wan escape because he thought that Obi wan was weak and should have put up a better fight. He was going to get to him eventually.

lefty
06-22-2022, 11:56 PM
That re-rematch was very reminiscent of the Vader vs Ahsoka fight in SW Rebels

Dick Jones
06-23-2022, 09:12 AM
The finale had some great moments, but overall this show was a huge turd sandwich.

leemajors
06-23-2022, 09:15 AM
That re-rematch was very reminiscent of the Vader vs Ahsoka fight in SW Rebels

Yes, and Reva standing over Luke like Luke did over Ben Solo with saber out. Obi and Vader with some good earthbending too

Dick Jones
06-23-2022, 09:18 AM
He let Obi Wan escape because he thought that Obi wan was weak and should have put up a better fight. He was going to get to him eventually.
He was literally about to take him into custody five seconds earlier.

Same thing when he force pulls a ship into the ground, then immediately forgets the force powers he just used and lets the other ship go. Just absolute dogcrap writing.

Dick Jones
06-23-2022, 09:20 AM
And obviously screw anyone who used this as an excuse to be racist, but still can we acknowledge that the 3rd Sister is one of the dumbest, worst written characters in Star Wars history?

Dick Jones
06-23-2022, 09:23 AM
And finally, Qui-Gon must really be pissed that suddenly taking a lightsaber to the stomach is just super easy to recover from :lol

lefty
06-23-2022, 02:45 PM
Yes, and Reva standing over Luke like Luke did over Ben Solo with saber out. Obi and Vader with some good earthbending too
Yeo that too

Didn't know Beru was badass :lol
Good job casting the prequel actors for the Lars couple tbh

When Obi lifted those rocks, it was fucking awrsome :cry

lefty
06-23-2022, 02:47 PM
And finally, Qui-Gon must really be pissed that suddenly taking a lightsaber to the stomach is just super easy to recover from :lol

:lol tbh

Obviously those who watched Rebels know knew Grand Inquisitor wasn't dead

Proxy
06-23-2022, 08:41 PM
easily the worst shit star wars has ever made

Proxy
06-23-2022, 08:46 PM
Vader can force grab a fuckin space ship as it's boosting away but can't jump over waist high fire lol

Jedi becoming earth benders suddenly was pretty cheesy

Vader and Obi leaving each other alive when they could've just ended it multiple times

Farmers holding a sith off with random trash laying around the house

Obi dressing as a jedi when the empire is searching for jedi

erasing the fact that obi and anakin were jedi masters and having them both act like retards

glass in an underwater military facility not being bullet proof

lefty
06-24-2022, 01:40 AM
Actually Reva was not a Sith and she was wounded

leemajors
06-24-2022, 09:21 AM
I agree with some of that, but I still enjoyed it. Anakin also always acted like a retard

Xevious
06-24-2022, 11:51 AM
Weak overall, but they stuck the landing imo. Even though I know it was a ripoff, I liked the rematch and Obi-Wan calling him "Darth" at the end. The Third Sister character was a collosal waste of screen time.

Joseph Kony
06-24-2022, 02:05 PM
best part was the final battle between Kenobi and Vader. otherwise this series sucked fat balls and was completely fucking pointless. added absolutely nothing to the story of Star Wars imo

Spurminator
06-25-2022, 04:05 PM
An Obi-Wan series wasn't a bad idea, and I could even get on board with an Obi+Leia series. Stupid to bring Vader into it, IMO. If you accept this as canon, now when they battle in IV it's the first time in (checks watch) 7 years? Big deal.

I was content with the idea that Obi-Wan spent 20ish boring years hiding out in a Tatooine cave and checking in on Luke. But the people need their memberberries.

Blake
06-26-2022, 10:37 AM
An Obi-Wan series wasn't a bad idea, and I could even get on board with an Obi+Leia series. Stupid to bring Vader into it, IMO. If you accept this as canon, now when they battle in IV it's the first time in (checks watch) 7 years? Big deal.

I was content with the idea that Obi-Wan spent 20ish boring years hiding out in a Tatooine cave and checking in on Luke. But the people need their memberberries.

It sucks for me to see Vader, one of the greatest movie villains of all time, as a secondary character on a Disney channel series like this.

The writers here are weak minded fools that felt they needed that crutch.

DMC
06-26-2022, 09:27 PM

I had to stop watching. It's that stupid and boring.

monosylab1k
07-10-2022, 03:37 PM
https://www.kaipattersonfilms.com/kenobi

Trill Clinton
07-11-2022, 01:10 PM
test