PDA

View Full Version : Sean Elliott is Spurs Culture

KingKev
03-31-2021, 04:30 AM
Recently, admittedly, I’ve spent way too much time chirping Spurs culture as the losses pile up and I feel PATFO has been beyond dormant. Today however, seeing this really resonated with me regarding what Spurs culture is about. Not sure if this warranted it’s own thread but for those who are not SA locals (myself included) you may have missed this short local news sit down with Elliott. From the memorial day miracle, to battling kidney disease, to being traded for the worm and subsequently brought back Elliott is the epitome of both Spurs legend and Spurs culture and truthfully I learn from this guy every time he speaks.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/community/together-we-rise/sean-elliott-on-racism/273-86ca0420-0d44-4e39-91a7-1ca675e37c06

KingKev
03-31-2021, 05:43 AM
If I have to hear his old ass on a broacast bitch about Fast breaks and 3 pointers or shooting in the paint, I can shut him off and listen to the radio broadcast.

Now I have to have this dude "honest conversation about race" and his experience with racism.

Says the man who married to mostly white women TWICE. WTF. Wokeness is brokeness.

Spurs are embracing SJW nonsense. I don't get it. I mean Hispanics in SA realy to talk a ton of shit about Blaeks ,whites and Asians in the city. Since they are the majority and hold the power is he saying they need to be brought to heal?

Elliott is an old school, level headed, mostly non homer announcer with a tenured and experienced basketball mind. I guess the difference in our takes is what makes a market. Life is often a zero sum game. Your inability to proof read, regardless of your actual take is telling.

BacktoBasics
03-31-2021, 07:55 AM
If I have to hear his old ass on a broacast bitch about Fast breaks and 3 pointers or shooting in the paint, I can shut him off and listen to the radio broadcast.

Now I have to have this dude "honest conversation about race" and his experience with racism.

Says the man who married to mostly white women TWICE. WTF. Wokeness is brokeness.

Spurs are embracing SJW nonsense. I don't get it. I mean Hispanics in SA realy to talk a ton of shit about Blaeks ,whites and Asians in the city. Since they are the majority and hold the power is he saying they need to be brought to heal?
You and ducks, if you aren’t the same person are the worst posters here. You think the things you say resonate with people when they’re mostly just annoying bullshit.

This place would be better without assholes like you. You don’t bring productive opposing conversation like you think you do. You really do nothing more than bring this place down.

SpurSpike
03-31-2021, 10:02 AM
Sean and Bill may be a bit homerish (that is to be expected when you are the home team announcer tbh) but they are great announcers that do represent Spurs culture and do give the opponents credit when it is due.

I'm not a huge fan of Dan Weiss though, when Bill misses a game and Dan subs for him its obvious that Dan is not an equal replacement. He doesn't sound natural calling the game like Bill does. If/when Bill Land retires it will be a sad day for the Spurs.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-01-2021, 04:43 PM
I love Sean. He’s fiercely loyal to the Spurs and the city of San Antonio.

If you’ve ever gotten to chat with him he’s as real as you can get.

Mr. Body
04-01-2021, 06:07 PM
You and ducks, if you aren’t the same person are the worst posters here. You think the things you say resonate with people when they’re mostly just annoying bullshit.

This place would be better without assholes like you. You don’t bring productive opposing conversation like you think you do. You really do nothing more than bring this place down.

They're both just goddawful people.