PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs vs. Pacers - Apr. 3, 2021

timvp
04-04-2021, 01:44 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-indiana-pacers-game-47/

Welp, Happy Easter.

spurs10
04-04-2021, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the grades. This was a real disappointment. Though it's hard to pick our worst loss out of the many we've had of late, this one checks all the boxes. Just untimely misses and DDR being a liability on the floor defensively cooked our Easter goose.

Slippy
04-04-2021, 02:08 AM
Thought vassell would of overcome them rookie wall struggles by now. He kind of fading away this season on both ends. Do think covid may have something to do with it. out of the four players he took the longest to come back from covid recovery.

PhantomDashCam
04-04-2021, 02:44 AM
KJ absolutely deserved to close that game out. Giving Samanich some minutes with Poeltl at C, instead of Rudy Gay would have helped too.
Just so much weird about this game and really ever since the OKC game where DJ should’ve had the ball to close it out.

The Home Stand has clarified things for me and the way the Spurs are going about them atm:

- Hierarchy over In game performance
- Offense designed improvements over Defensive stability
- Vets at all cost over Youth

NK123
04-04-2021, 02:56 AM
- We are not aggressive.
- Guys don't seem to have the will to takeover games and put the adversary away for good.
- Only Keldon has it. Samanic has it too but he is not allowed to learn on the spot.
- We rely too much on the vets.
- Pop for me is not good enough anymore. He is not adapting to the times. The Pacers had their "hot" guys there, playing for long stretches until they got tired.
- Pop could not see that Keldon was deserving more minutes and plays called for him. He was the one willing and able to impose his will.
- We don't catch and shoot enough. Teams sag off of our players automatically.
- Pop must go. But we all know that he wants to be the winningest coach.

tbdog
04-04-2021, 07:04 AM
Tell me how 3 scrub guards score 50 points against a lineup consisting of White/Murray/Poeltl? How is that not bad coaching?

3&D_TBH
04-04-2021, 07:17 AM
Tell me how 3 scrub guards score 50 points against a lineup consisting of White/Murray/Poeltl? How is that not bad coaching? Defense is a team concept, and DD is an open door to the basket at any time.

Dverde
04-04-2021, 07:51 AM
What happened to the beautiful game! We got Derozan and two point guards on the floor and no one is moving. Makes me sad.

Blackhaus
04-04-2021, 07:58 AM
Get ready for Cleveland’s guards to carve us up, .500 here we come!

LeBowen
04-04-2021, 07:59 AM
PATFO has become the definition of incompetence.

They're desperately graspwing for straws and trying to stay in playoff picture, but they're doing nothing to help the team achieve that.

Awful roster construction, no moves on the deadline to fix their mistakes, awful coaching and rotations.

Why should we keep watching this if they've done nothing to show they actually want to win?
I've seen every single game of Bryn-Marco era, but I can't stomach what's been happening over the past few weeks.

exstatic
04-04-2021, 08:18 AM
Pop gets an F today, and it could have been an A. They were down 8 at the half, and Pop took the ball out of DD’s hands, AND PUTIT IN DERRICK WHITE’S. We won the second half by 8. Then, DeRozan ball in OT, and the L.

Demar’s got to go.

Ice009
04-04-2021, 09:07 AM
PATFO has become the definition of incompetence.

They're desperately graspwing for straws and trying to stay in playoff picture, but they're doing nothing to help the team achieve that.

Awful roster construction, no moves on the deadline to fix their mistakes, awful coaching and rotations.

Why should we keep watching this if they've done nothing to show they actually want to win?
I've seen every single game of Bryn-Marco era, but I can't stomach what's been happening over the past few weeks.

I just finished watching the game, can't believe we lost again, can't believe I watched it after saying the other day I was done watching this sillyness. Same shit over and over and over. Pop loves those vets and I've had enough. You lose the games anyway. Why not play the youth? Why not play the hot hand, why not run plays for a player that is hot? How the fuck does Pop not get a bunch of Fs?

NASpurs
04-04-2021, 09:16 AM
:lol Sure I haven’t been watching the games but I’m loving the losing. Something needs to change next offseason. Some of you mouthbreathers, Pop’s turds sniffers are always late to reality.

GAustex
04-04-2021, 09:21 AM
Tim Duncan was so great that his legacy is keeping a pathetic coach employed as his mismanaged team crumbles into shambles.
The Holts need to do the right thing and take control and can poop.
He has clearly lost the team.

PrimeMinister
04-04-2021, 09:27 AM
DeSpite DeLoss once again pushing that tank along

they had a chance to make this team a legit playoff team by shipping him out and decided to bottom out by holding on to him. They must have their eye on someone in the top 10.

Truth4sale$
04-04-2021, 09:50 AM
Great write up for a disappointing game.
This team clearly is not a playoff team. They are just not that good and Pop is not putting the young players in a position to succeed and grow. Sometimes you go with the hot hand, and sitting Keldon for the last 2 minutes and OT was a horrible decision. His hustle and energy is desperately needed- so instead role out the veterans. If Golden state and Memphis were healthy, the Spurs are the 10th seed.

John B
04-04-2021, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the write up. But ugh and eww summed it up for me.

Leetonidas
04-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Game was further proof that the only reason SA was in the playoff picture was the cupcake schedule they had to begin the season

couchman
04-04-2021, 12:35 PM
We have a number of problems but think Covid hurt this team more than is being discussed

poopbox
04-04-2021, 12:42 PM
Pop getting outcoached by every dude with a clipboard in the nba :rollin

Sugus
04-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Pop gets an F today, and it could have been an A. They were down 8 at the half, and Pop took the ball out of DD’s hands, AND PUTIT IN DERRICK WHITE’S. We won the second half by 8. Then, DeRozan ball in OT, and the L.

Demar’s got to go.

It's been like this for a while - and worst thing is, people will shit on White for being "passive" or "not asserting his will". BULLSHIT. You have a coach that tells you the ball goes to the vets on the big moments, the vets are supposed to take the "last shots", the important shots, because they're better. It's logical that non-deferrence is to be punished, and we've seen the young guns get punished a lot over the last few seasons (Keldon being pulled off the entire finish to the game being the latest issue in this ongoing series). Same shit they say about Lonnie - yes, he overpasses and it's his fault to an extent, but how can you think it's not designed and approved by coaching when he literally does the same thing game after game, night after night?

Pop's gonna run this young core to the ground if he doesn't call it quits soon enough. These losses are demoralizing and create resentment/bad habits for the youngings.