PDA

View Full Version : Pistons - Blazers

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Nice Javie. Wait til' you see if the ball goes in, then call the foul.

Great officiating

Amuseddaysleeper
11-12-2005, 01:14 AM
Detroit is playing at another level compared to all the other teams in the league. i know most of the teams they've beaten may not even be playoff teams right now but until the spurs learn to sort out the chemistry issues of integrating the new guys in and fix all their turnovers, detroit is the team to beat

mavsfan1000
11-12-2005, 01:15 AM
I fucking knew it once they picked up Maurice Evans who is underrated. Detroit is scary good right now and is a threat to the spurs repeat.

Pistons < Spurs
11-12-2005, 01:26 AM
They've been alot of fun to watch so far.

Billups is just killin' it this year. 17.1pts and 9.3assists

Mo Evans has been a very good pickup for us. Arroyo and Delfino add a level of creativity and athleticism we didn't have before.

These guys just play so well together.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-12-2005, 01:27 AM
Detroit is playing at another level compared to all the other teams in the league. i know most of the teams they've beaten may not even be playoff teams right now but until the spurs learn to sort out the chemistry issues of integrating the new guys in and fix all their turnovers, detroit is the team to beat

So, basically, until about Christmas.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-12-2005, 01:29 AM
So, basically, until about Christmas.

:lol good call

The Artest Factor
11-12-2005, 01:48 AM
??? Beating Boston by a single point and the horrible Blazers by 3 is "playing at another level"? 6-0 is impressive, true, but they've done nothing but beat teams that they should've. If Detroit would be anything but 6-0 after their cakewalk of a schedule, then something major would be wrong with them.

FreshPrince22
11-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Spurs are still the team to beat, IMO. 1 loss from you guys isn't going to change my mind. We were 12-12 at one point last year, and still were just shy of being back-to-back champs when all was said and done, so 5-1 is nothing to worry about (obviously).

With that said, I like the chances of the Pistons challenging for the title this year!
________
Laguna Heights Condos (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Dre_7
11-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Very good game to watch. But my goodness the Blazers are stupid!

Rummpd
11-12-2005, 07:21 AM
All the Pistons promoters settle down - they are a fine team, motivated, and deep but it is a long season. They beat the Blazers 84-81 last night, so what.

Spurs quietly themselves off to a 5-1 start and Duncan has been superb and Parker is gaining confidence daily. They will gell even more when Manu is healthy and Pop gets back a healthy Finley and Barry.

Spurs simply remain the team to beat and I remain convinced it will be the Pacers not the Pistons out of the East. Out West it looks right now like only the Mavericks might challenge them unless the Suns truly get Amare back in 4 months.

MI21
11-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Yep, Pistons are obviously good. I expect the Spurs to have to deal with them in the Finals if the Spurs make it that far.

mike detroit
11-12-2005, 09:15 AM
not the most impressive performance by the pistons last night, but still a win, and remember they had just come off playing a high tempo game in Phoenix the night before. they had to be tired. I don't understand the scheduling, They have to play back to back road games in cities not really all that close to one another, and now they don't play again til tuesday. whatever though, I can't complain about the results.

Joepa
11-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I have a hard time understanding people who think that the Spurs are not the team to beat. They have one more loss than the Pistons and the ARE THE CHAMPIONS. They are playing decent basketball with Manu, Barry, and Finley injured, and are winning games that they're supposed to win.

It's not a badge of honor to barely beat a terrible Blazers team, guys.

mike detroit
11-12-2005, 09:25 AM
I have a hard time understanding people who think that the Spurs are not the team to beat. They have one more loss than the Pistons and the ARE THE CHAMPIONS. They are playing decent basketball with Manu, Barry, and Finley injured, and are winning games that they're supposed to win.

I think you're reading a bit too much into last night's game against portland, but I can't argue with the point that the Spurs still are the team to beat. you're the champs, until someone else is, you guys are the team to beat.

jochhejaam
11-12-2005, 09:38 AM

You can't ask for anything more that 6-0.
Everyone understands that the road to the Championship goes through SA.

Pistons < Spurs
11-12-2005, 09:45 AM
you're the champs, until someone else is, you guys are the team to beat.

Yep.

JamStone
11-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Pistons played a poor game. Anytime Ben Wallace gets less than 10 rebounds, you have to wonder what's wrong. They played on tired legs. Failed to defend the paint area for most of the first half and did not close out jumpshooters fast enough. Consequently, the Blazers shot a very high percentage of their jumpshots. But, what the Pistons did do was protect the ball, and make enough plays to keep it close. And, when it came down to the final minutes, the Pistons remained poised and composed, executed their plays, and stiffened on defense.

That's what you want from a veteran, championsihp caliber type team on the third game of a West Coast trip, second game of a back-to-back, on another team's homecourt.

Was it an impressive win? Hardly. Was it a good win? Absolutely.

As a Piston fan, I'm not going to apologize for a win. And, I don't care about taking crap about beating a bad Portland team. It's a long 82 game season. There are going to be games where the team is not going to play well, will be tired, is shooting poorly, or what have you. But, still eeking out a win, and a road win at that, is still very good, and the Pistons don't have to justify anything about beating a team they should have blown out.

Spurs fans would take a bad win over a "morally good" loss anyday too.

Spurs are still the team to beat. But, as a Pistons fan, I like how my team looks right now. Just win, baby!

bdubya
11-12-2005, 12:24 PM
I figured this one for a loss, and didn't like what I was seeing. Pistons got outrebounded 2:1 for most of the game, Blazers were in the paint at will, Delfino completely lost track of Miles and gave up the easy bucket, etc. Seriously has me wondering if it was the back-to-back, end-of-the-road-trip syndrome, or if the defense is showing some slippage under Flip.

I'm very happy with the win, and loving 6-0, but it's still November. Three days for the team to tighten up the D, then it's back to work.

Marklar MM
11-12-2005, 12:31 PM
I passed out at halftime, it was going so badly. :(

Horry For 3!
11-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Blazers choked. :lol

mavsfan1000
11-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Blazers choked. :lol

Pistons are just better :lol

jochhejaam
11-12-2005, 04:07 PM
I figured this one for a loss, and didn't like what I was seeing. Pistons got outrebounded 2:1 for most of the game, Blazers were in the paint at will, Delfino completely lost track of Miles and gave up the easy bucket, etc. Seriously has me wondering if it was the back-to-back, end-of-the-road-trip syndrome, or if the defense is showing some slippage under Flip.

I'm very happy with the win, and loving 6-0, but it's still November. Three days for the team to tighten up the D, then it's back to work.
The Pistons gave up 47 points over the last 3 quarters (17.7 per quarter) so I don't think there was any slippage at the defensive end.

You've bought in to all this talk of Flip not knowing how to coach defense haven't you? :lol

Spurs košarka kultura
11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Blazers didn't choke they simply rolled over, you have to be trying to choke they gave up in the last 20 secs.