PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS What Most Contenders Have That We Don't...

NK123
04-14-2021, 12:09 PM
- TWO 20+ point scorers that can score more than 30 points without elite defense.

- A third offensive option that can score more than 20 points often if left open.

- 4th and 5th options that can score 15+ to 20 points often.

- Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Denver, Portland, 76ers, Utah, Phoenix, Boston, Milwaukee have it and we don't.

- The problem we have is lacking multiple reliable scoring options.

- Letting DeMar go will increase our problems more than most can envision.

- Murray, Lonnie and KJ can become 20+ point consistent scorers but they might be 1 or 2 years away.

- Only Lonnie, to me, can become a 25+ point scorer, with KJ peaking at 22.

- I prefer to build on what we already have than expect that the future will be what I wish the most.

- Signing an elite scorer + our core (with DeRozan) would be enough to become good to great in my opinion.

- Until we add another elite scorer, we will not be good to great.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-14-2021, 12:11 PM
We have a “star” player who can’t play D, hustle or shoot a fucking 3 cause he’s scared.

NK123
04-14-2021, 12:17 PM
We have a “star” player who can’t play D, hustle or shoot a fucking 3 cause he’s scared.

He is not perfect but he is liked by our young core and can assist to players in better positions to score than him.
He would be a perfect number 2 option.
Don't forget that we have Poeltl that can reduce his negative impact on defense.

NK123
04-14-2021, 12:18 PM
Demar ranks 2nd on our team in steals and deflections.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-14-2021, 12:26 PM
He is not perfect but he is liked by our young core and can assist to players in better positions to score than him.
He would be a perfect number 2 option.
Don't forget that we have Poeltl that can reduce his negative impact on defense.
He’s a career loser lol what more proof do you need. He’s never won anywhere and he won’t do what it takes to win

Leetonidas
04-14-2021, 12:29 PM
The real contenders are only the LA teams, BKN, and maybe Philly and Milwaukee. And every single one of them has an MVP level player and another all star or two next to him. You didn't need to make a list to know that:lol

Regardless of that list, we need an MVP level player to win. We have none and no one that looks to have that potential. Signing anyone outside of a top 5 player in the league and keeping Demar just makes us second round playoff fodder.

exstatic
04-14-2021, 12:58 PM
Demar ranks 2nd on our team in steals and deflections.

And probably second in blown assignments, and blow bys. Steals and deflections don’t tell the tale. He’s only had one season in his whole career where his DBPM was positive, and that was 0.1. He’s not a good defender. He’s not even an average defender.

Dex
04-14-2021, 12:58 PM
The real contenders are only the LA teams, BKN, and maybe Philly and Milwaukee. And every single one of them has an MVP level player and another all star or two next to him. You didn't need to make a list to know that:lol

Regardless of that list, we need an MVP level player to win. We have none and no one that looks to have that potential. Signing anyone outside of a top 5 player in the league and keeping Demar just makes us second round playoff fodder.

I would have included Denver in that list with Joker playing at an MVP level....then Jamal Murray's ACL busted.

Still not sold on Phoenix or Utah...still good teams whose ceiling is the WCF (more likely 2nd round fodder) as is tradition

John B
04-14-2021, 02:49 PM
- TWO 20+ point scorers that can score more than 30 points without elite defense.

- A third offensive option that can score more than 20 points often if left open.

- Nets, Lakers, Clippers, Denver, Portland, 76ers, Utah, Phoenix, Boston, Milwaukee have it and we don't.

- Murray, Lonnie and KJ can become 20+ point consistent scorers but they might be 1 or 2 years away.

- I prefer to build on what we already have than expect that the future will be what I wish the most.

- Signing an elite scorer + our core (with DeRozan) would be enough to become good to great in my opinion.

Fuck that. We have FIBA Patty and the GOAT Coach Pop.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-14-2021, 04:04 PM

The powers that be will make sure it's a finals that includes that group. With the pandemic having caused lots of teams to take a financial hit, the league will want as many casual fans interested as possible. That translates to Lebron and KD. Silver and company are writing the playoff script as we speak. Not sure what the Vegas odds are today on a Lakers-Nets final, but I need to go put some money on that matchup happening.

DAF86
04-14-2021, 04:15 PM
lol this being a DeRozan apologist thread, when the main thing we don't have is a championship level star. :lol

KingKev
04-14-2021, 04:20 PM
And probably second in blown assignments, and blow bys. Steals and deflections don’t tell the tale. He’s only had one season in his whole career where his DBPM was positive, and that was 0.1. He’s not a good defender. He’s not even an average defender.

he also ranks first in games blown due to ill advised technical fouls.

PrimeMinister
04-14-2021, 10:19 PM
there's no amount of roster acrobatics to be done to build a contender with demar derozan as a focal point of your team

second option, third option.... there's not just no utility to demar derozan off the ball. he is a negative when not actively handling the ball.

I want to engage this conversation but it's just so tiring doing this over and over and over

Arcadian
04-14-2021, 10:29 PM
So pretty much better players? :lol

paperboy77
04-14-2021, 10:45 PM

Agree-ige.

R. DeMurre
04-14-2021, 10:52 PM
I really feel like the Spurs have a bunch of legit #3 options-- White, Murray, and potentially KJ, Vassell, and Walker. But yeah, they don't have a legit star/ #1 option.

BackHome
04-14-2021, 11:10 PM
We don’t have a legit 1st and Derozz is a terrible 2nd as he doesn’t fit our rebuilding timeline at all and doesn’t play defense at all. As far as legit 3# maybe I am not though sold on Murray being a PG and not sold on White being healthy for a full season and Walker is still worse then Derozz on defense.

Kurgan
04-14-2021, 11:16 PM
We don’t have a legit 1st and Derozz is a terrible 2nd as he doesn’t fit our rebuilding timeline at all and doesn’t play defense at all. As far as legit 3# maybe I am not though sold on Murray being a PG and not sold on White being healthy for a full season and Walker is still worse then Derozz on defense.

Derozan isn't a good enough offensive player to be a true 1st option and he doesn't have the necessary skills to be a credible 2nd option either(defense, off ball shooting). Anybody building around him is wasting their time. He's another Carmelo and losers like that never ring for a reason

james evans
04-15-2021, 12:37 AM
He’s a career loser lol what more proof do you need. He’s never won anywhere and he won’t do what it takes to win
I can't believe mfers are in here debating about keeping Defrozen. Nobody wants him. Wasn't that evident at the trade deadline? surely one of these contenders could use him for a title run, but none of them wanted his choking azz.