PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich Suggests Scrutinizing Political Donations Of NBA Owners

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 06:31 PM
Gregg Popovich Suggests Scrutinizing Political Donations Of NBA Owners (https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262261/Gregg-Popovich-Suggests-Scrutinizing-Political-Donations-Of-NBA-Owners)

Pop's lost his edge and is nothing short of an SJW these days virtue signaling when given the chance. Retire already!

Great replies below...

"Pop is such a virtue-signalling phony. There's nothing brave about what he's espousing, he's literally pandering to the masses based on willful ignorance. Where was he when people were telling Daryl Morey to shut up about Hong Kong? If he were really principled he would have taken a stand then too, not just when it's convenient.

I'm a liberal but being from Canada I'm not a partisan Democrat so I think I can be objective in this. Why would he target Republican politicians when the majority of these shootings are happening in Democrat controlled cities? The majority of these attacks on Asians are in Democrat controlled cities.

Republican Senator Tim Scott (a black man) put forward a police reform bill last year that gave the Democrats 10 amendments they could make to the bill. The Democrats refused to push it forward, saying they wanted to do it when they had control of congress because it didn't do enough. Now they have control of all three branches and they've still proposed nothing to address the issue.

Pop is a smart guy so I have to imagine he knows this and is choosing to deliberately spout divisive, partisan propaganda. I have no respect for this ****."

"Couldn't agree more. If spurs owner gave trump money, is he going to return all the money he has taken from him?"

"I wish someone in the media would legit throw that question at him considering his ownership did donate to the Trump campaign."

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-14-2021, 06:38 PM
no one should learn about anything! too political!

Chinook
04-14-2021, 06:54 PM
Some really stupid conservative cliches in those replies.

Obviously if we're going to consider money as speech, we can and should look at who is supporting stupid things with their wallets. The question would be what Pop wants us to do with what we'd learn. If he wants owners who donate to GOP candidates to be forced to sell their teams or whatever, then obviously that way too far and will backfire. If he just wants a light to be shined on them so they face some pressure to change their stance, well that's perfectly normal. Free speech depends on being able to criticize others for what they say. The marketplace of ideas only works if the shitty ideas go away. Instead, too many of them get coddled by the stupid liberal ideas of "fairness" and "politeness". We need to stop giving out participation trophies to stupid regressive ideas.

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 06:57 PM

Obviously if we're going to consider money as speech, we can and should look at who is supporting stupid things with their wallets. The question would be what Pop wants us to do with what we'd learn. If he wants owners who donate to GOP candidates to be forced to sell their teams or whatever, then obviously that way too far and will backfire. If he just wants a light to be shined on them so they face some pressure to change their stance, well that's perfectly normal. Free speech depends on being able to criticize others for what they say. The marketplace of ideas only works if the shitty ideas go away. Instead, too many of them get coddled by the stupid liberal ideas of "fairness" and "politeness". We need to stop giving out participation trophies to stupid regressive ideas.

No one needs to prove to Pop who they support or don't support. Who the hell does he think he is? F him!

GAustex
04-14-2021, 06:59 PM
Drunk ass senile fuck needs to figure out how to be a good coach when he doesn’t have Tim Duncan’s coattails to ride on

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Drunk ass senile fuck needs to figure out how to be a good coach when he doesn’t have Tim Duncan’s coattails to ride on

Exactly :tu

You notice the trend of when he became this shill?

DeRozan m8
04-14-2021, 07:08 PM
Sorry all the owners don't follow the same cucks you follow, senile old cunt

Chinook
04-14-2021, 07:08 PM
No one needs to prove to Pop who they support or don't support. Who the hell does he think he is? F him!

Did Pop ask for himself to be appointed as the person who audits the owners? Thought it was more like he was calling for their donations to be public record.

Stump
04-14-2021, 07:12 PM
Pop demanding we do investigations into and punishments of anyone who contributes money to Republicans is pretty unhinged stuff that even further divides people. I'll even go so far as to say it's an evil idea. I hope he finds the wisdom to reflect on what he has said and walk it back, although his track record isn't very encouraging...

longhorn
04-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Did Pop ask for himself to be appointed as the person who audits the owners? Thought it was more like he was calling for their donations to be public record.

Political contributions are already public record.

spurraider21
04-14-2021, 07:24 PM
pop triggering snowflakes like the OP

itzsoweezee
04-14-2021, 07:27 PM
Go back to Canada, op, we’re full of dumbshit conservatives already.

Ef-man
04-14-2021, 07:33 PM
If the Spurs need a little snowflake with calf-tats, am sure OP is ready to step up and god bless you.

rastaspur
04-14-2021, 07:33 PM
Cry me a river, justin calf tats

Joseph Kony
04-14-2021, 07:39 PM
OP is drugged out crackhead incel with twig legs and calf tats

mo7888
04-14-2021, 07:39 PM

And shitty ideas only go away if the marketplace of ideas is free to work...

james evans
04-14-2021, 07:48 PM
popovich is full of shit. His own boss and friends, the Holts, gave Trump his biggest donations lol. Who does he think he's fooling? I don't care who donates to whom. All of these politicians are liars. Popvoich needs to worry about his goddamn lineups instead of being concerned with who is donating to whom.

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 07:56 PM

Why should their donations be public record though? If that's the case lets see the donations given by the players, the coaches, the med staff, the trainers, et al too. It's only fair! As well lets really try and justify the NBA's relationship with China and if Pop is such a political figure then start telling it as it is; Pop you're benefiting by the death of many in the Uyghur community out in China, the oppression of the Chinese by the CCP, and the money you receive has blood on it which you're culpable of.

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 07:59 PM

You think I'm from Canada and am a Conservative? LMAO

koriwhat
04-14-2021, 08:00 PM
If the Spurs need a little snowflake with calf-tats, am sure OP is ready to step up and god bless you.

I made a thread based off an article pertaining to the Spurs/Pop in the right forum yet you're here bitching about being triggered. You triggered bro?

Chinook
04-14-2021, 08:04 PM

Only in very specific circumstances are they public record. There are many loopholes.

My point was more that Pop wasn't asserting he had some special privilege to audit owners as much as he was saying that the public should hold owners accountable for where they put their money.

boutons_deux
04-14-2021, 08:13 PM
the public should hold owners accountable for where they put their money.

more precisely, all professional black athletes should know if their owners are contributing to suppress black voters.

Thanks to the corrupt right-wing SCOTUS, team ownership can contribute to suppression of black voters through dark money.

cd98
04-14-2021, 08:32 PM
Who cares if owners donate to conservative causes? If you do, then stop following the Spurs and stop rooting for the team. If it weren't for those conservative owners, the league wouldn't be where it is today and there would not be a platform for guys like Pop or any star basketball players to ever make their money. But if you are against Republican owners or them contributing money to Trump or whatever cause they want to support, then stop watching the Spurs. Give up your fandom.

I'm fine with Pop donating to BLM or Antifa or whatever he wants. I'm not fine with him getting outcoached by everyone for the last 5 years.

I like the Spurs and I root for them. I don't care if the owner is a Republican or a Democrat. I don't care if Pop is a liberal and I don't care that he wouldn't mention a word against ownership in 1999 when he was about to get fired, but he'll do it now once he's made his millions and his coaching career is almost over.

cd021
04-14-2021, 09:16 PM
Who cares if owners donate to conservative causes? If you do, then stop following the Spurs and stop rooting for the team. If it weren't for those conservative owners, the league wouldn't be where it is today and there would not be a platform for guys like Pop or any star basketball players to ever make their money. But if you are against Republican owners or them contributing money to Trump or whatever cause they want to support, then stop watching the Spurs. Give up your fandom.

I'm fine with Pop donating to BLM or Antifa or whatever he wants. I'm not fine with him getting outcoached by everyone for the last 5 years.

I like the Spurs and I root for them. I don't care if the owner is a Republican or a Democrat. I don't care if Pop is a liberal and I don't care that he wouldn't mention a word against ownership in 1999 when he was about to get fired, but he'll do it now once he's made his millions and his coaching career is almost over.

Its kinda disingenuous when some owners support black causes and but also the conservatives candidates who oppose black causes.

RD2191
04-14-2021, 09:17 PM

Cry me a river, justin calf tats

:rollin:rollin

cd021
04-14-2021, 09:19 PM
more precisely, all professional black athletes should know if their owners are contributing to suppress black voters.

Thanks to the corrupt right-wing SCOTUS, team ownership can contribute to suppression of black voters through dark money.
I think that's the thing; Lebron can speak out against the crazy voter suppression going on in southern states and states-- and get support from players and owners-- while the owners then give big financial donations to the same politicians who are putting forth the bills and voting them into law.

It's the owners money, they can do whatever but they shouldn't have it both ways when the sides are conflicting.

cd021
04-14-2021, 09:22 PM
Why should their donations be public record though? If that's the case lets see the donations given by the players, the coaches, the med staff, the trainers, et al too. It's only fair! As well lets really try and justify the NBA's relationship with China and if Pop is such a political figure then start telling it as it is; Pop you're benefiting by the death of many in the Uyghur community out in China, the oppression of the Chinese by the CCP, and the money you receive has blood on it which you're culpable of.

Why do people try to change the subject to China or something else when people are talking about racial issues in the U.S? Always thought that was fucking stupid.

cd98
04-14-2021, 09:39 PM
Its kinda disingenuous when some owners support black causes and but also the conservatives candidates who oppose black causes.

No more disingenuous than players that complain about voting rights, but ignore voting rights in China bc they stand to lose money. Why hasn’t Pop condemned Chinese oppression of voting?

Everyone is disingenuous. They only care about how they are affected.

BackHome
04-14-2021, 09:39 PM
Pop needs just to retire he really sucks right now as a coach

cd98
04-14-2021, 09:42 PM
Why do people try to change the subject to China or something else when people are talking about racial issues in the U.S? Always thought that was fucking stupid.

It’s just to expose hypocrisy. The players and business that complain about Georgia laws are disingenuous if they readily do business with Communist China. But don’t worry, people invoking Chinas lack of democracy wouldn’t support boycotting the Winter Olympics. No body cares except for how it affects them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-14-2021, 09:47 PM
For a guy who dabbled in Soviet studies in college, he sure is sounding more like a good commie these days.

SupremeGuy
04-14-2021, 10:46 PM
When is he going to scrutinize the NBA's relationship with China?

Chinook
04-14-2021, 10:47 PM
It’s just to expose hypocrisy. The players and business that complain about Georgia laws are disingenuous if they readily do business with Communist China. But don’t worry, people invoking Chinas lack of democracy wouldn’t support boycotting the Winter Olympics. No body cares except for how it affects them.

First, being a hypocrite doesn't actually affect the correctness of a stance. That's what the ad homenim fallacy actually refers to (not insulting people like a lot of folks seem to think). Second, the China point has literally always been a really weak point. I can imagine you know that. Pop is directly affected by what goes on with voting in the US. Georgia making it harder for black folks to vote leads to a greater chance of GOP reps in Congress, which pushes the split with the Dems lower, which lowers the chances for legislation that Pop wants passed to pass. It makes WAY more sense for Pop to focus on this than it does China. Also, not saying anything about China isn't the same thing as supporting China, and the few times Pop has talked about China and Hong Kong, he has backed Silver/Morey.

This is basically an example of why the marketplace of ideas needs to be allowed to function normally rather than in the protectionist manner a lot of people want it to. This sort of criticism of Pop is bad. It's fallacious, irrelevant and inaccurate. In an ideal world, it would be stamped out in favor of better criticism or agreement. But because we have echo chambers that shelter these arguments, they never actually go away. They just go into a place where no one critically examines them and show up like they're brand new.

Not attacking you personally, CD. I don't think you're using the argument maliciously, and you've never come across as a fascist or Qanoner. I just think you get a lot of your news from sources that don't self-examine the way they should if they are going to try to direct thought.

cd021
04-15-2021, 12:57 AM
No more disingenuous than players that complain about voting rights, but ignore voting rights in China bc they stand to lose money. Why hasn’t Pop condemned Chinese oppression of voting?

Everyone is disingenuous. They only care about how they are affected.

The people who bring up China when people talk about civil rights in this country don't usually actually care about China, they're using it to try and deflect from the civil rights issues here.

Pop has generally only discussed issues pertaining to the U.S, likely because he knows those issues much better and has the platform to draw attention and to try and sway people. Same could be said about Lebron or other athletes. I wouldn't call that disingenuous

cd98
04-15-2021, 07:46 AM
The people who bring up China when people talk about civil rights in this country don't usually actually care about China, they're using it to try and deflect from the civil rights issues here.

Pop has generally only discussed issues pertaining to the U.S, likely because he knows those issues much better and has the platform to draw attention and to try and sway people. Same could be said about Lebron or other athletes. I wouldn't call that disingenuous

You know the problem I have with Pop is that he is the liberal version of Trump, except that he has never been elected president. He oversimplifies complex issues as if there is a clear right and wrong and that is not the case for anyone that looks at any controversial issue with true honesty. For example, is it really inconsistent for an owner of an NBA team to be concerned over an incident where an unarmed black man is shot or killed in some other way by a police officer and still believe in and support police officers? In an honest world, yes, there is room for a person to have both opinions. But not in a hyper-sensitive and oversimplified world where one takes a moral stand that his way of thinking is the only way of thinking and that everyone else that doesn't agree is somehow evil. Is it possible for Holt to contribute to Trump because he wants tax cuts or likes Trump's positions on foreign policy? In an honest world, that should not be an issue. But it bothers me when people oversimplify issues and act like they are right and everyone that disagrees is evil and must be stopped. Yes, it is not exclusive to Pop. Yes, you can say the same thing about Sean Hannity or some other blowhard, but the difference is that Pop gets praised while the others get demonized. Pop is just like Foxnews and he is contributing to the divide in our country by being "outspoken" when all he really is doing is trying to use public shame by oversimplifying the issues with brief statements to people that have never asked him a hard question in their lives. I've never heard any of the sycophant media ask him a tough question and I've never heard Pop have an honest conversation about any issue. It's fine for him to have an opinion and it's fine for him to express it on the platform that he has mostly because of Peter Holt giving him the opportunity to be an NBA coach and other NBA owners keeping the NBA afloat. But calling people to go after owners because they don't agree with him, to me, is akin to an owner firing Pop and Kerr and anyone else that disagrees with the owner's politics.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 08:08 AM

No they’re not. They used to be, butCitizens United destroyed that transparency, leading to Dark Money in politics.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 08:09 AM
For a guy who dabbled in Soviet studies in college, he sure is sounding more like a good commie these days.

No, that would be the Grand Old Putin party.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2021, 08:16 AM
Why do people, Pop included, think minorities are too incompetent to apply for a valid form of identification?

Keep in mind you need a photo ID to get the covid vaccine everywhere in this country, and the same people whining about Georgia's voter laws sure are insistent on everyone getting that vaccine.

Chinook
04-15-2021, 08:28 AM
Why do people, Pop included, think minorities are too incompetent to apply for a valid form of identification?

Keep in mind you need a photo ID to get the covid vaccine everywhere in this country, and the same people whining about Georgia's voter laws sure are insistent on everyone getting that vaccine.

Um, so you don't actually need photo ID to get the vaccine in many places (Austin being among them). What you need is proof of appointment, which is a print out of the email or the ability to use your phone to display the email.

Secondly, what you're doing would be like Jim Crowers saying "Why do people think minorities are too incompetent to learn to read or too poor to pay a small tax?" It's not about it being an insurmountable task, or even one the average minority wouldn't be able to cross. It's about setting hurdles at just the right height to disproportionately affect certain groups. It's a reality that state-issued photo IDs are something minority and poor people lack at a higher rate than the rest of the population. That's why the line is at state-issued and not allowed to include student ID's or proof of residency or other things that poor people have at a much higher rate than a driver's license or state ID.

K...
04-15-2021, 09:18 AM
The cancelled Donald sterling without pops help. And the players animus towards the owners was barely avoided by the labor agreement. Meanwhile did pop employ Danny ferry and kelvin sampson? I don't know what this thread is really about, however you can believe in free speech and argue that voting rights, which are also speech, are supreme. The real hypocrisy is anti voting pro free speech positions.

cd98
04-15-2021, 09:44 AM
The cancelled Donald sterling without pops help. And the players animus towards the owners was barely avoided by the labor agreement. Meanwhile did pop employ Danny ferry and kelvin sampson? I don't know what this thread is really about, however you can believe in free speech and argue that voting rights, which are also speech, are supreme. The real hypocrisy is anti voting pro free speech positions.

Technically, Pop did speak out against Donald Sterling. https://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/archives/2014/04/28/spurs-weigh-in-on-clippers-owner-donald-sterling-controversy. But I think there is a big difference between Donald Sterling, who's actions got him banned from the NBA and an owner donating money to say Donald Trump or some other Republican. I do think some people don't want Pop to speak out, but I agree that he has a right to speak out and so do the players, and so does anyone, including a homeless person. We all have the right to speak out. I just disagree that he should be calling out owners like he did, in a way, vilifying them and everything that comes with that in today's overreationary society, especially when Pop is not the kind of person that speaks intelligently about issues, he just makes shame statements for people that don't agree with him without any kind of honest discussion of any issue. That probably works on some asinine thing that Trump says, but when it comes to issues, reasonable people can differ so calling out owners for having an opinion that is different than his, to me, is a bit over the top.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-15-2021, 09:49 AM
threads like this make me want pop to coach 5-10 more years regardless of the spurs' w-l record, just so i can continue to watch him trigger snowflakes

mo7888
04-15-2021, 10:04 AM
Um, so you don't actually need photo ID to get the vaccine in many places (Austin being among them). What you need is proof of appointment, which is a print out of the email or the ability to use your phone to display the email.

Secondly, what you're doing would be like Jim Crowers saying "Why do people think minorities are too incompetent to learn to read or too poor to pay a small tax?" It's not about it being an insurmountable task, or even one the average minority wouldn't be able to cross. It's about setting hurdles at just the right height to disproportionately affect certain groups. It's a reality that state-issued photo IDs are something minority and poor people lack at a higher rate than the rest of the population. That's why the line is at state-issued and not allowed to include student ID's or proof of residency or other things that poor people have at a much higher rate than a driver's license or state ID.

It's also a reality that over 70% of minority communities support voter ID...

cd021
04-15-2021, 10:08 AM
You know the problem I have with Pop is that he is the liberal version of Trump, except that he has never been elected president. He oversimplifies complex issues as if there is a clear right and wrong and that is not the case for anyone that looks at any controversial issue with true honesty. For example, is it really inconsistent for an owner of an NBA team to be concerned over an incident where an unarmed black man is shot or killed in some other way by a police officer and still believe in and support police officers? In an honest world, yes, there is room for a person to have both opinions. But not in a hyper-sensitive and oversimplified world where one takes a moral stand that his way of thinking is the only way of thinking and that everyone else that doesn't agree is somehow evil. Is it possible for Holt to contribute to Trump because he wants tax cuts or likes Trump's positions on foreign policy? In an honest world, that should not be an issue. But it bothers me when people oversimplify issues and act like they are right and everyone that disagrees is evil and must be stopped. Yes, it is not exclusive to Pop. Yes, you can say the same thing about Sean Hannity or some other blowhard, but the difference is that Pop gets praised while the others get demonized. Pop is just like Foxnews and he is contributing to the divide in our country by being "outspoken" when all he really is doing is trying to use public shame by oversimplifying the issues with brief statements to people that have never asked him a hard question in their lives. I've never heard any of the sycophant media ask him a tough question and I've never heard Pop have an honest conversation about any issue. It's fine for him to have an opinion and it's fine for him to express it on the platform that he has mostly because of Peter Holt giving him the opportunity to be an NBA coach and other NBA owners keeping the NBA afloat. But calling people to go after owners because they don't agree with him, to me, is akin to an owner firing Pop and Kerr and anyone else that disagrees with the owner's politics.

I think you're oversimplifying Pops argument, I think his point is that owners are donating to causes their counterintuitive to the players that they employ. I think that is irrefutably true. How can owners claim that they have players and black people's best interest in mind when they consistent back candidates from a party in which their notorious for undermining the rights of black people for the past 60 years?

I just don't see a gray area in there; owners can throw the money at whatever but they shouldn't claim that they have the interest of players or black people in their mind when they really don't.

The issue of supporting police and and believing the black people get mistreated by the police isn't necessarily incompatible, if they are actually trying to do something to improve policing. The issue is that owners aren't necessarily try to do that.

Also, comparing Pop to the worst president in American history is silly. Trump negativity affected the lives of tens of millions with bad policy, Pop is speaking out on social issues. Big difference.

cd98
04-15-2021, 10:28 AM
I think you're oversimplifying Pops argument, I think his point is that owners are donating to causes their counterintuitive to the players that they employ. I think that is irrefutably true. How can owners claim that they have players and black people's best interest in mind when they consistent back candidates from a party in which their notorious for undermining the rights of black people for the past 60 years?

I just don't see a gray area in there; owners can throw the money at whatever but they shouldn't claim that they have the interest of players or black people in their mind when they really don't.

The issue of supporting police and and believing the black people get mistreated by the police isn't necessarily incompatible, if they are actually trying to do something to improve policing. The issue is that owners aren't necessarily try to do that.

Also, comparing Pop to the worst president in American history is silly. Trump negativity affected the lives of tens of millions with bad policy, Pop is speaking out on social issues. Big difference.

Well I disagree with you, surprise, surprise. First, I think it's an overgeneralization that GOP=Racist. I know that is a convenient fallback option, but it's just intellectual laziness in my opinion. Owners are businessmen and they have interests that are impacted by who is president and what party is in control. So while they may agree that some police reform is necessary, that doesn't make them hypocrites for donating to a GOP candidate that may be against the proposed reforms, but is supported by the owner for other reasons, like tax cuts or some other thing. We live in a two party system. There are more than two viewpoints in the issues in front of us. But there are only two parties and each person has a right to evaluate which platform they prefer, even if they don't like everything on the platform.

You don't know the owners personally, so I don't think you have a right to judge what their intentions are by where they make their political donations. That is again my point on why drumming up vitriol against specific people, like owners of franchises that everyone knows, is out of line. Why do they owe people an explanation on where they donate their money or who they vote for? Again, you can claim that the owners are disingenuous and you have a right to an opinion, but you are just speculating and so your opinion could be on a completely false premise.

And the comparison between Trump and Pop is absolutely spot on. Both don't talk about issues honestly. They only mention the issue in the most partisan tones and then shame and demonize people that disagree with them. It is a terrible way to convince people of your point of view, but it works great to create division. That's why our country is so divided. It's because people can't have an open and honest discussion and admit the strengths and weaknesses of their positions. If Pop was a president, which he probably could never achieve, but if he was, then I'm sure there would be plenty of people that believe he implemented bad policy on tens of millions of people. I agree that Pop wasn't president, so he can't be compared to Trump in that aspect. But in terms of demonizing people and speaking unintelligently about issues, they are one in the same.

cd98
04-15-2021, 10:38 AM

That is true. It's interesting because there is fraud in every election, it's just that there isn't enough fraud to actually overturn an election. That's where it is arguable that Georgia was providing a solution in need of a problem, though their proposals were overpoliticized and were more expansive on voting rights than a lot of blue state democrats that were attacking the statute. But there is a limited amount of fraud. There are laws to prevent it. But elections are not turning on fraud because it takes a lot of fraud that would be easy to prove in a court of law to impact an election. It's just not the case.

And how many people that would vote don't vote because of not having an ID and not being able to get one? Probably not enough to turn any election. I mean, I know that there are advocacy groups that pick up random homeless people, give them food, register them to vote, and then take them to vote and tell them who to vote for. It's legal, but it doesn't feel right. But there aren't enough of those groups to really turn an election are there? I doubt it.

It would be funny if there was a big debate going on and all this fighting when in reality voter fraud and ID requirements make no discernable difference in the outcome of any election.

mo7888
04-15-2021, 10:52 AM
That is true. It's interesting because there is fraud in every election, it's just that there isn't enough fraud to actually overturn an election. That's where it is arguable that Georgia was providing a solution in need of a problem, though their proposals were overpoliticized and were more expansive on voting rights than a lot of blue state democrats that were attacking the statute. But there is a limited amount of fraud. There are laws to prevent it. But elections are not turning on fraud because it takes a lot of fraud that would be easy to prove in a court of law to impact an election. It's just not the case.

And how many people that would vote don't vote because of not having an ID and not being able to get one? Probably not enough to turn any election. I mean, I know that there are advocacy groups that pick up random homeless people, give them food, register them to vote, and then take them to vote and tell them who to vote for. It's legal, but it doesn't feel right. But there aren't enough of those groups to really turn an election are there? I doubt it.

It would be funny if there was a big debate going on and all this fighting when in reality voter fraud and ID requirements make no discernable difference in the outcome of any election.

It boils down to this...this Georgia law (and others that are coming in other states) are an attempt to reign in ballot harvesting. They are extending early voting and absentee voting to allow more votes to be cast by people who want to vote and are trying to weed out people giving blank ballots to activists to vote for them (harvesting of ballots). This was done mostly by the democrats in the covid era last year but, if these laws aren't put in place the Gop will do the same in the next election.

ducks
04-15-2021, 11:00 AM
Holt gave 1.2 or 1.5 million to republicans since 2015

Pop is a fucking idiot
Liberals think they should have power for everything
How dare a business dare give to the republicans
If you boycot business

Chinook
04-15-2021, 11:08 AM

It doesn't really matter if minorities support it or not. The point of constitutionally protected rights is that you can't take them away by tricking a majority of people into supporting efforts to take them away, whether from themselves or others.

Do voter ID laws affect voter turnout? Yes. Does not having ID laws reduce election integrity? Not to any functional extent. Is the effect of the reduced election integrity greater than the effect of the reduced turnout? Not even close. Therefore, the laws should should be struck down. Making it harder to vote is against the spirit of the amended constitution. It doesn't matter who supports it or whatever. Civil rights aren't voluntary.

Now, if the government gave every person free IDs and had a quick and easy system to replace them, including and especially in time for election season, then you could get me to support requiring them to vote. But it's not up to an individual to pay for an ID, to fill out their application and hope it goes through in time. Voting is a right, not a privilege. You don't have to "earn" it by jumping through hoops.

cd021
04-15-2021, 11:16 AM
Well I disagree with you, surprise, surprise. First, I think it's an overgeneralization that GOP=Racist. I know that is a convenient fallback option, but it's just intellectual laziness in my opinion. Owners are businessmen and they have interests that are impacted by who is president and what party is in control. So while they may agree that some police reform is necessary, that doesn't make them hypocrites for donating to a GOP candidate that may be against the proposed reforms, but is supported by the owner for other reasons, like tax cuts or some other thing. We live in a two party system. There are more than two viewpoints in the issues in front of us. But there are only two parties and each person has a right to evaluate which platform they prefer, even if they don't like everything on the platform.

You don't know the owners personally, so I don't think you have a right to judge what their intentions are by where they make their political donations. That is again my point on why drumming up vitriol against specific people, like owners of franchises that everyone knows, is out of line. Why do they owe people an explanation on where they donate their money or who they vote for? Again, you can claim that the owners are disingenuous and you have a right to an opinion, but you are just speculating and so your opinion could be on a completely false premise.

And the comparison between Trump and Pop is absolutely spot on. Both don't talk about issues honestly. They only mention the issue in the most partisan tones and then shame and demonize people that disagree with them. It is a terrible way to convince people of your point of view, but it works great to create division. That's why our country is so divided. It's because people can't have an open and honest discussion and admit the strengths and weaknesses of their positions. If Pop was a president, which he probably could never achieve, but if he was, then I'm sure there would be plenty of people that believe he implemented bad policy on tens of millions of people. I agree that Pop wasn't president, so he can't be compared to Trump in that aspect. But in terms of demonizing people and speaking unintelligently about issues, they are one in the same.

-Its not overgeneralizing to say that about the GOP. In 2004, the RNC chair admitted that they used a racist tactic known as the southern strategy to dominate politics from the late 60's all the way up to today. They then began rolling back civil rights progress and starting and then ramping up the war on drugs to lock up hundreds of thousands of people and destroying communities of color. Since the voting rights act was partially rolled back, literally hundreds of laws have went into affect to make it harder for black people to vote, all done by a specific party. That doesn't even include decades of rhetoric that has caused black people to all but abandon the party.

-I specifically didn't judge them for how they spend their money, I called them disingenuous for trying to have it both ways. If one owner that supported one candidate, then sure but we know that the vast majority of majority owners support the GOP no matter what candidate.

Their players are majority black yet they're supporting candidates that actively work against the interest of black and brown people. My point is that they can support GOP candidates but its disingenuous for them to pretend that they support their players activism when their money actively works against that activism. I'm not sure why that's a take you would disagree with.

-Comparing Trump to Pop is a bad comp, it just is. Trump was the leader of the free world and lead a conservative majority government for two years. He negatively impacted millions of peoples lives, with bad policy. Pop speaking out on social issues is completely different.

Him saying owners should be scrutinized isn't the same as Trump botching the pandemic response and causing millions of people to lose their lives and or jobs. Pop generally talks about issues such as race which isn't inherently partisan btw, and he generally targets specific politicians so its not like he's demonizing a particular side as opposed to calling out specific people. He's also said that he takes the time to respond to angry letters from team fans to try and explain his point of view, I would call that discourse and something that someone who "demonizes" a side would do so I disagree with that.

cd98
04-15-2021, 11:18 AM
It doesn't really matter if minorities support it or not. The point of constitutionally protected rights is that you can't take them away by tricking a majority of people into supporting efforts to take them away, whether from themselves or others.

Do voter ID laws affect voter turnout? Yes. Does not having ID laws reduce election integrity? Not to any functional extent. Is the effect of the reduced election integrity greater than the effect of the reduced turnout? Not even close. Therefore, the laws should should be struck down. Making it harder to vote is against the spirit of the amended constitution. It doesn't matter who supports it or whatever. Civil rights aren't voluntary.

Now, if the government gave every person free IDs and had a quick and easy system to replace them, including and especially in time for election season, then you could get me to support requiring them to vote. But it's not up to an individual to pay for an ID, to fill out their application and hope it goes through in time. Voting is a right, not a privilege. You don't have to "earn" it by jumping through hoops.

I think you could look at it the other way too, though. Election integrity is important so you should pass laws that prevent fraud. In that case, voter IDs reduce fraud and so therefore they should be passed. And even though something is a right, it doesn't mean you don't have to jump through hoops to exercise that right. For example, if you want to hold a demonstration in a public park or at a school or some other government building, you generally need a permit. That requires some work and diligence, even though we have a right to speak our minds under the constitution. Maybe the compromise is to improve an ID system that would make it easier for those that don't have IDs to get them. That sounds like a reasonable focus. The problem is that in the public discourse, it's either Voter ID or no Voter Id and there aren't enough people willing to work on a compromise.

dbestpro
04-15-2021, 11:21 AM
No fan of cancel culture on either side. People need to decide elections, not corporations. Corporate donations and donations from CEOs or corporate board members within companies should not be allowed. Take the money out the of elections and maybe we can get to a point where people can start to respect each other.

Chinook
04-15-2021, 11:34 AM
I think you could look at it the other way too, though. Election integrity is important so you should pass laws that prevent fraud. In that case, voter IDs reduce fraud and so therefore they should be passed. And even though something is a right, it doesn't mean you don't have to jump through hoops to exercise that right. For example, if you want to hold a demonstration in a public park or at a school or some other government building, you generally need a permit. That requires some work and diligence, even though we have a right to speak our minds under the constitution. Maybe the compromise is to improve an ID system that would make it easier for those that don't have IDs to get them. That sounds like a reasonable focus. The problem is that in the public discourse, it's either Voter ID or no Voter Id and there aren't enough people willing to work on a compromise.

As I've said before, I think you're basically a good person who's heart is in the right place but seem to get your information from sources whose hearts aren't in the right place. Like I honestly do believe you're concerned with fraud and if you could waive a magic wand to make it to where every person would have a completely secure means to vote, you'd do so and let the chips fall where they may. In a world where voter ID laws didn't have the very obvious effect of reducing minority turnout, then the very few cases of voter fraud would be more concerning. In the current world, voter fraud doesn't even make up a rounding error. No one's said it had any effect on the GA election or even that it as a whole benefitted either side specifically. So it's a really minor problem.

Election integrity is about the people's confidence in elections rather than the true security. That lack of confidence comes from rhetoric rather than evidence. In terms of data, there's no reason to question this past election. It was fine. Ballots were counted and totaled in an orderly manner. There wasn't any evidence in a large amount of fraud or fraud that particularly biased one group. So on and so on. However, the constant conspiracies and complaints and misunderstandings created an air where folks were more skeptical. That tanked integrity in the same way that the autism association damaged vaccine integrity. The truth is that election integrity doesn't need to be boosted by changing the way voting works. People need to stop clinging to ideas that don't have the evidence to support them.

Chinook
04-15-2021, 11:37 AM
No fan of cancel culture on either side. People need to decide elections, not corporations. Corporate donations and donations from CEOs or corporate board members within companies should not be allowed. Take the money out the of elections and maybe we can get to a point where people can start to respect each other.

Campaign finance laws need to be written into the constitution. I can agree there.

mo7888
04-15-2021, 11:42 AM

Ok...you're firmly on the side of illegal votes.... I'm not....

rastaspur
04-15-2021, 12:10 PM
You think I'm from Canada and am a Conservative? LMAO

We know you aren't from Canada. They banned calf tats more than a decade qgo.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 12:29 PM

Citizens United created this mess.

OldMan88
04-15-2021, 12:37 PM
Most of 2020's top 'dark' money donors aided Democratic candidates

More than $320 million in anonymous money benefited Democratic candidates in federal races this year. That's more than twice the so-called "dark" money that aided Republicans. These 10 groups contributed the most "dark" money in 2020 federal elections through Oct. 14.

​https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/politics/dark-money-democrats-joe-biden/index.html

Gibbz
04-15-2021, 12:51 PM
The US is less a country and more a handful of corporations stacked in a trenchcoat. However, Pop is right that anyone donating millions to the righty religious death cult is full of shit and deserves, at the least, harsh criticism.

04-15-2021, 01:04 PM

:lmao

cd98
04-15-2021, 01:18 PM
As I've said before, I think you're basically a good person who's heart is in the right place but seem to get your information from sources whose hearts aren't in the right place. Like I honestly do believe you're concerned with fraud and if you could waive a magic wand to make it to where every person would have a completely secure means to vote, you'd do so and let the chips fall where they may. In a world where voter ID laws didn't have the very obvious effect of reducing minority turnout, then the very few cases of voter fraud would be more concerning. In the current world, voter fraud doesn't even make up a rounding error. No one's said it had any effect on the GA election or even that it as a whole benefitted either side specifically. So it's a really minor problem.

Election integrity is about the people's confidence in elections rather than the true security. That lack of confidence comes from rhetoric rather than evidence. In terms of data, there's no reason to question this past election. It was fine. Ballots were counted and totaled in an orderly manner. There wasn't any evidence in a large amount of fraud or fraud that particularly biased one group. So on and so on. However, the constant conspiracies and complaints and misunderstandings created an air where folks were more skeptical. That tanked integrity in the same way that the autism association damaged vaccine integrity. The truth is that election integrity doesn't need to be boosted by changing the way voting works. People need to stop clinging to ideas that don't have the evidence to support them.

I'm not misguided about voter fraud. I think I've said in my other posts that while I think voter fraud happens in most elections, it is such a small percentage that it has no impact on the outcome of elections. Now, if you erased every voter fraud law, then that might change, but I didn't doubt for a minute on election night that the results were legitimate. I'm not one of those people that believed Trump when he said that the election was rigged. I trust the election process, whether it yields a Trump victory over Hillary or a Biden victory over Trump. I'm just saying that there has to be a balance in things and while I think voter ID law had the impact of suppressing voters 10 years ago, I'm not so sure that argument holds true today. I would have to see the numbers and believe that people that don't have some form of ID and are US Citizens and would have voted but for the voter ID and it's an unfair imposition on them. That said, as always, I listen to other people's point of views and I don't assume anyone is bad because they disagree with me, but saying that it is too hard to get online and do a search and fill out info online just doesn't strike me as an insurmountable step, especially because that's what I have to do anyway to find a place to vote. I mean, to do mail in voting you have to request a ballot. I guess I just need to see something other than just saying minorities don't have the ability to get online and register to vote.

OldMan88
04-15-2021, 01:24 PM
Citizens United created this mess.

Not true. You should try doing some research rather that just being a sock puppet for someone else’s talking points.

Case summary[edit (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Citizens_United_v._FEC&action=edit&section=1)]In the case, No. 08-205 (https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/558/08-205/), 558 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Supreme_Court_cases,_volume_ 558) U.S. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Reports) 310 (https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/558/310/) (2010), the non-profit organization (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization) Citizens United (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_(organization)) wanted to air a film critical of Hillary Clinton (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton) and to advertise the film during television broadcasts, which was a violation of the 2002 Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisan_Campaign_Reform_Act), commonly known as the McCain–Feingold Act or "BCRA" (pronounced "bik-ruh").[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-LiptakJan2010-7) Section 203 of BCRA defined an "electioneering communication" as a broadcast, cable, or satellite communication that mentioned a candidate within 60 days of a general election or 30 days of a primary, and prohibited such expenditures by corporations and unions. The United States District Court for the District of Columbia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_District_Court_for_the_District_of_C olumbia) held that §203 of BCRA applied and prohibited Citizens United from advertising the film Hillary: The Movie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary:_The_Movie) in broadcasts or paying to have it shown on television within 30 days of the 2008 Democratic primaries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_(United_States)_presidential_prim aries,_2008).[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-Cornell-1)[8] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-Liptak2009-8) The Supreme Court reversed this decision, striking down those provisions of BCRA that prohibited corporations (including nonprofit corporations) and unions from making independent expenditures for "electioneering communications".[7] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-LiptakJan2010-7) The majority decision overruled Austin v. Michigan Chamber of Commerce (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_v._Michigan_Chamber_of_Commerce)(1990) and partially overruled McConnell v. Federal Election Commission (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McConnell_v._Federal_Election_Commission) (2003).[9] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-Hasen2010-9) The Court, however, upheld requirements for public disclosure by sponsors of advertisements (BCRA §201 and §311). The case did not involve the federal ban on direct contributions from corporations or unions to candidate campaigns or political parties, which remain illegal in races for federal office.[10] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC#cite_note-Carney2010-10)

koriwhat
04-15-2021, 01:46 PM

Because he's worried about donations here but not the money from the CCP that lines his pockets. He's a hypocrite plain and simple.

We know you aren't from Canada. They banned calf tats more than a decade qgo.

No humor found in the above... Lame bro. I'll just call you Schumer from here on out cause you reek just like her barn yard pussy.

dbestpro
04-15-2021, 03:14 PM
One of the common schemes in voter fraud occurs when a politquera will promise you 500 votes for $1000. Throughout the year, they make friends with the elderly and vote for them without their knowledge. They also provide payouts to nursing home personnel to get access to their patients. This activity is hush, hush but has been going on in Texas for a long time, and in particular, the RGV. I know, because I lost an election by 27 votes because I would not pay up but supposedly my opponent did. Also, I have seen ballot boxes take 3 hours to get to the court house from a school that is 15 minutes away. Just too many shenanigans go on everywhere. You would think something so important would be held as secure as your money in the bank is. Sadly, too many people really don't care one way or another. I ran as a democrat, so don't try to make it just a party issue.

OldMan88
04-15-2021, 03:33 PM
One of the common schemes in voter fraud occurs when a politquera will promise you 500 votes for $1000. Throughout the year, they make friends with the elderly and vote for them without their knowledge. They also provide payouts to nursing home personnel to get access to their patients. This activity is hush, hush but has been going on in Texas for a long time, and in particular, the RGV. I know, because I lost an election by 27 votes because I would not pay up but supposedly my opponent did. Also, I have seen ballot boxes take 3 hours to get to the court house from a school that is 15 minutes away. Just too many shenanigans go on everywhere. You would think something so important would be held as secure as your money in the bank is. Sadly, too many people really don't care one way or another. I ran as a democrat, so don't try to make it just a party issue.

This is very common in most states. If you’ve ever wanted to know why there are so many liars, cheaters & thieves in politics, just try getting elected running an honest campaign. The higher the office, the worse it gets.

BackHome
04-15-2021, 06:11 PM
Yep crime does pay it don’t care if your in the streets or in the town hall everyone want those Benjamins - Some peeps will kill you just for your shoes you don’t think people will lie cheat steal or even kill to have power and money?

cd021
04-15-2021, 06:22 PM
Because he's worried about donations here but not the money from the CCP that lines his pockets. He's a hypocrite plain and simple.
And the people who deflect on racial issues in this country talk about China. They don't really care about either. Pop is talking about something that he has familiarized himself with, nothing wrong with that tbh.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 08:30 PM

By pressure you mean go apeshit at their homes? Bother the shit outta anyone that looks like them while they are dining out? F Pop! That is the most hypocritical person in the association. Him and his millions don't give a shit about the poor. (Don't really blame him tho.) Just saying he's full of shit.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 08:34 PM

Who gives a shit about who they donate to. SOMEBODY will always donate to both sides. Pop has turned into a nosey-ass Karen.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 08:51 PM

Isn't the end game most of the time to be rich? All these athletes are rich. Why would they give a damn about anyone's "suppression"? Dig your ass off the couch and go vote during the times EVERYONE else goes to vote. (If that's what you mean about being suppressed.)

spurs10
04-15-2021, 08:59 PM
I guess it's a horrible feeling to get your Spurs calf tats and realize their coach and all their players think you're an idiot.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:03 PM

So blacks in other countries don't matter? There's a whole of shitty treatment of blacks in Africa bro. China as well along with gays. For that matter, S American countries diss on blacks, Islamic states hate queers. Europe has a huge issue with this. Spain treats non Spaniards like shit. Seems like everyone shits on the Orientals.

A lot of people in the US have close ties to their countries so that stuff matters. The US is bar none... the best most tolerant country on Earth. By a mile.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:07 PM

Why give a shit about these issues in the US? Handle your business and make it big. There's nothing in the way of you doing it. Just get it done, no excuses. Get rich or die trying right?

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:08 PM

Hell you need an ID to pickup your NBA game tickets!

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:14 PM

You make it seem like it's an insurmountable thing to get an ID. Go get it. It absolutely makes sense to have one. Just does. All I hear from you is a bunch of excuses. Look now... you have until 2024 to get one so make it happen.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:21 PM
threads like this make me want pop to coach 5-10 more years regardless of the spurs' w-l record, just so i can continue to watch him trigger snowflakes

Ok... I can see that.

paperboy77
04-15-2021, 09:29 PM

Owners didn't become owners by being money dumb. They have the players backs to appease them so they can continue this partnership with them and make more money. If the players were hardcore for the "cause" they'd boycott their jobs and maybe even start their own league. I mean that would totally validate what they really mean in that grand scheme of things.

RD2191
04-15-2021, 09:52 PM
:wakeup

UnWantedTheory
04-16-2021, 01:29 AM

Election integrity is about the people's confidence in elections rather than the true security. That lack of confidence comes from rhetoric rather than evidence. In terms of data, there's no reason to question this past election. It was fine. Ballots were counted and totaled in an orderly manner. There wasn't any evidence in a large amount of fraud or fraud that particularly biased one group. So on and so on. However, the constant conspiracies and complaints and misunderstandings created an air where folks were more skeptical. That tanked integrity in the same way that the autism association damaged vaccine integrity. The truth is that election integrity doesn't need to be boosted by changing the way voting works. People need to stop clinging to ideas that don't have the evidence to support them. Not that it matters. Certain people will always find a way to lean into conspiracies to justify why shit didn't turn out the way they want.

cd021
04-16-2021, 02:22 AM
So blacks in other countries don't matter? There's a whole of shitty treatment of blacks in Africa bro. China as well along with gays. For that matter, S American countries diss on blacks, Islamic states hate queers. Europe has a huge issue with this. Spain treats non Spaniards like shit. Seems like everyone shits on the Orientals.

A lot of people in the US have close ties to their countries so that stuff matters. The US is bar none... the best most tolerant country on Earth. By a mile.

Again, Pop has been discussing racism and oppression in this country, as have other athletes, so why would they discuss issues that they aren't as familiar with that take place in other countries?

Why give a shit about these issues in the US? Handle your business and make it big. There's nothing in the way of you doing it. Just get it done, no excuses. Get rich or die trying right?

Because they ARE issues, why would people not address serious issues in their own country when they have the opportunity to help try and change things for the better?

Owners didn't become owners by being money dumb. They have the players backs to appease them so they can continue this partnership with them and make more money. If the players were hardcore for the "cause" they'd boycott their jobs and maybe even start their own league. I mean that would totally validate what they really mean in that grand scheme of things.

Well duh, also, that's kinda the point I was making. They can donate to whomever but its disingenuous when they try to act like they have their players backs when they're donating to politicians who counter-act their activism.

WNBA players on the Atlanta Dream openly criticized their owner who was a shitty senator after she came out against racial protests following George Floyd's death for some reason. NBA players are free to do the same, maybe they should. That's better than them breaking off and forming another league because that would draw backlash as well as legal issues relating to contracts.

koriwhat
04-16-2021, 01:45 PM

it's all a grift/virtue signaling parade within the nba from its owners to its players.

The players claim the owners are like slave owners yet your point is dead on. Why don't the players boycott the nba or make their own league then if their cause is that substantial to their being; it's because they make millions playing a kids game and don't want to flip burgers.

It's almost like celebs crying about climate change while flying all over the world in their private jets. Or leaders of BLM claiming to be trained Marxists as they buy million dollar homes in LA in a predominantly white neighborhood.

Grifters/Virtue Signaling retards are everywhere these days!

koriwhat
04-16-2021, 01:48 PM
Again, Pop has been discussing racism and oppression in this country, as have other athletes, so why would they discuss issues that they aren't as familiar with that take place in other countries?

You really believe this bs? You think Pop isn't well versed in foreign affairs? You also don't think he knows about the atrocities committed by the CCP that pays him dearly; yeah yeah the Spurs pay him but where does the substantive amount of money the NBA generates come from?

You're clearly making excuses for Pop and downplaying his intellect.

Leetonidas
04-16-2021, 03:27 PM
:lmao like calf tats doesnt own a single item that was manufactured in china. why is it that you think CCP somehow pays Pop? Because they show NBA games in china? :lol the holt's sign pop's checks dummy

cd021
04-16-2021, 04:01 PM
You really believe this bs? You think Pop isn't well versed in foreign affairs? You also don't think he knows about the atrocities committed by the CCP that pays him dearly; yeah yeah the Spurs pay him but where does the substantive amount of money the NBA generates come from?

You're clearly making excuses for Pop and downplaying his intellect.
If Pop talked about both China and the U.S and Civil Rights, people here would still be bitching. The reason being that they don't really care about either but don't agree with Pop on his political beliefs tbh.

cd98
04-16-2021, 04:39 PM
I think owners can hear out players complaints on social issues (including giving them a platform, supporting their right to free speech, and agreeing with them where they can agree) like Georgia voting laws or BLM, and still be Republicans and still contribute to Republican candidates and hold Republican views, even if those views conflict with the players' views. I don't think that is inconsistent. We don't live in a black and white world. We are in a two party system and it is normal for someone to agree with things on both platforms and disagree with things on both platforms. It is up to each person to determine for himself or herself what platform best suits their worldview. I think it's silly to think that if you are a Republican you can't agree with some of the things in the BLM movement or whatever other issue. Just like I think Democrats can agree with the BLM movement, but also Back the Blue. To say there is no gray is to say that a person must be an extremist one way or the other. That's why I don't think the owners are disingenuous per se. Now, no one can know what is in someone's heart. So maybe some of them are, but who are we to judge someone's heart that we don't have access to? I mean, you can, but it is just speculation or bias.

But that's just my opinion.

Joseph Kony
04-16-2021, 05:09 PM
If Pop talked about both China and the U.S and Civil Rights, people here would still be bitching. The reason being that they don't really care about either but don't agree with Pop on his political beliefs tbh.

Exactly. :lol People like calf tats/ducks/spergtacular like to whine about Pop's political rants but i guarantee if he was parroting Trump's bullshit they wouldnt say a fucking word. And when they dont agree with his point of view, it's immediately "he needs to stfu and worry about coaching his team!" but is he not supposed to be able to have an opinion and express it? are we not supposed to let him say things that dont pertain to his job? if thats the case then why the fuck should anyone listen to anyone's opinions on anything :lol by the same logic calf tats should shut the fuck up and stop talking politics (mainly because he's retarded and doesnt even understand the words and phrases he parrots on here) and focus on drawing his shitty tattoos in his shitty tattoo shop. maybe ducks should stfu and worry about finishing his hooked on phonics books. maybe Derp should stfu and worry about washing dishes at Olive garden. etc etc

Mr. Body
04-16-2021, 06:06 PM
Gee, this is hard. Trump is a mega-racist who was stupidly doing the bidding of our archrival country and was drilling this country into the dirt while inciting violence and neo-naziism among his followers. A lot of grotesque rich fucks support Trump and the GOP because they get more money out of it.

Pop is working hard to correct vast inequities that plague us.

Gee, this is so hard.

Sugus
04-16-2021, 08:00 PM
Exactly. :lol People like calf tats/ducks/spergtacular like to whine about Pop's political rants but i guarantee if he was parroting Trump's bullshit they wouldnt say a fucking word. And when they dont agree with his point of view, it's immediately "he needs to stfu and worry about coaching his team!" but is he not supposed to be able to have an opinion and express it? are we not supposed to let him say things that dont pertain to his job? if thats the case then why the fuck should anyone listen to anyone's opinions on anything :lol by the same logic calf tats should shut the fuck up and stop talking politics (mainly because he's retarded and doesnt even understand the words and phrases he parrots on here) and focus on drawing his shitty tattoos in his shitty tattoo shop. maybe ducks should stfu and worry about finishing his hooked on phonics books. maybe Derp should stfu and worry about washing dishes at Olive garden. etc etc

Wait a minute - Calf Tats is a tattoo artist?! :lmao how'd I miss that part of the story, makes the godawful tats even fucking worse :lmao

Don't tell me if it ain't true 'cause I'd rather ride with it :lol

ducks
04-16-2021, 11:43 PM
Gee, this is hard. Trump is a mega-racist who was stupidly doing the bidding of our archrival country and was drilling this country into the dirt while inciting violence and neo-naziism among his followers. A lot of grotesque rich fucks support Trump and the GOP because they get more money out of it.

Pop is working hard to correct vast inequities that plague us.

Gee, this is so hard.
So biden wants to send 4 trillion to Central America
Why the hell should we do that with USA legal citizens tax papers money ?
Why them first instead of USA first since it was USA money from USA legal citizens money

If they do a flat tax everyone would pay their fair share including those not here obeying the USA laws

ducks
04-16-2021, 11:44 PM
https://youtu.be/1LKjuC8Ih2Q
Trump not racist
He did more on blacks for employment and Hispanics then any president alive

buttsR4rebounding
04-17-2021, 12:07 AM

Sorry Chinook, but the real issue is the hurdle of getting IDs vs the risk of voter fraud. The hurdle of getting a picture ID is very low. I manage a facility that houses individuals with mental health issues who are able to complete the process of obtaining a picture ID. This is an issue that there is widespread support in the country for.

Chinook
04-17-2021, 10:46 AM
Sorry Chinook, but the real issue is the hurdle of getting IDs vs the risk of voter fraud. The hurdle of getting a picture ID is very low. I manage a facility that houses individuals with mental health issues who are able to complete the process of obtaining a picture ID. This is an issue that there is widespread support in the country for.

The "hurdle" is not high, but who does it trip up at a disproportionate rate? The poll tax was always between $1 and $2 even when the average household income went from about $500 to over $3000 in the 60 or so years that they were en vogue. You were never talking about an unbelieveable amount of money. Yet, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 got rid of them, and it prevented ID laws until it was weakened by the SCOTUS.

Moreover, the hurdle to get a state-issued ID is higher than it is to get many other picture IDs that posters in this thread seem to want to pretend work for voting. This is if the system is working perfectly and not in tandem with voting suppression efforts by having limited hours and an unresponsive offices. Also, I'm gonna be really generous and ignore how you comparing minorities to mentally disabled people can come off. The stupid conservative talking point that opponents to voter ID laws believe that minorities are too incompetent to fill out paperwork needs to go away. It's just a shitty attempt at a racial gotcha that doesn't work outside of an echo chamber.

Minorities have a harder time getting IDs because they often lack the time and means to get them (especially if the offices at which they are supposed to get them are purposefully hard to contact), not because they're too dumb. The same is true for why voting in person disproportionately affects them. Because they don't live in a world where the ID is needed for anything else, they don't necessarily see it as being a good use of time like someone who needs to get a driver's license would. If the residents of your home are part of a program where they get the support to fill out the forms, have the free time to go through the hoops and are part of a program that encourages that they get an ID, then it's likely they get IDs at a much higher rate than non-driving residents. And good on your program for helping them.

State IDs need to be free, easily accessible and readily replaceable for them to not be a voting hurdle. Relatively cheap, inconsistent to get and even harder to replace doesn't cut it.

koriwhat
04-17-2021, 06:25 PM

You can keep saying this and stating it as fact but it just isn't true. I totally want to hear Pop defend himself from criticism for accepting CCP money(maybe not directly from Xi but he knows where those dollars are coming from) and why that's an issue.

cd021
04-17-2021, 08:57 PM
You can keep saying this and stating it as fact but it just isn't true. I totally want to hear Pop defend himself from criticism for accepting CCP money(maybe not directly from Xi but he knows where those dollars are coming from) and why that's an issue.
Bullshit. It is true. Whenever it issues of civil rights comes up in this country, a specific side comes up with deflective talking points. That's exactly what your doing right now. He was was responding to issues regarding race that has arisen in this country so why would he suddenly talk about China?

If he did talk about China, you'd figure something else to complain about. Its obvious what your doing.

OldMan88
04-18-2021, 12:55 PM
Election Identification Certificate (EIC)

For general information regarding voting in Texas please see VoteTexas.gov (http://www.votetexas.gov/).
On August 10, 2016, identification requirements for voting in Texas changed. For information regarding required identification for voting in person please visit the Texas Secretary of State (http://www.sos.state.tx.us/about/newsreleases/2016/092116.shtml).
Did you know you can schedule an appointment to obtain an Election Identification Certificate (EIC) at your local Driver License office? If you currently hold a Texas Driver License (DL) or Identification (ID) card, these are valid forms of ID for purposes of voting, and you do not need an EIC.
If you have never had a Texas ID, but need an EIC, please schedule an appointment. If you have ever had a DL or ID card which is now expired and need an EIC, please schedule an appointment for the type of card you currently hold. When you arrive at the DPS office, EICs are given priority. At that time, you will be able to surrender an expired card and apply for an EIC. You may also select “SERVICES NOT LISTED” to schedule an appointment period. Same day or walk in appointments are available for EIC transactions. Please see instructions and required documents below under “HOW TO APPLY”
One form of identification that can be used for voting purposes is an Election Identification Certificate (EIC). You may apply for an EIC at no charge. However, if you already have any of the following forms of ID, you are not eligible for an EIC:

Texas driver license—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years
Texas personal identification card—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years
Concealed Handgun License (CHL) or License to Carry (LTC)—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years
U.S. passport book or card—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years
U.S. Military identification with photo— unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years
U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo

Texans can obtain an EIC at:

Any of the 230 Texas driver license offices (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/appointments.htm) during regular business hours throughout the year
EIC mobile station locations (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/documents/EICDPSrun.pdf) (EIC transactions only) -->
Alternate approved locations (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/documents/EICCountyrun.pdf) issuing only EICs in select counties
Saturday locations issuing EICs (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/documents/EICSaturday.pdf)-->

How to Apply

To apply for an EIC, visit a driver license office and complete an Application for Texas Election Certificate (DL-14C) (PDF) (https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/forms/DL-14C.pdf) | Application for Texas Election Certificate (Spanish) (DL-14CS) (PDF) (https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/forms/DL-14CS.pdf).
To qualify for an EIC, you must:

Bring documentation to the office to verify your U.S. Citizenship (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/eicDocReqmnts.htm)
Bring documentation to the office to verify your Identity (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/eicDocReqmnts.htm)
Be eligible to vote in Texas (Bring your valid voter registration card to the office, or submit a voter registration application through the Texas Department of Public Safety at the office)
Be a Texas resident
Be 17 years and 10 months or older

The information on the documents, such as name and date of birth, must all match. If the name is different on each document, then the individual must provide documents that verify a legal name change. If other information on the document is different, speak with a License and Permit Specialist for assistance.
If you are using a name other than what is on your birth certificate, (example: married name), you will be required to show legal documentation of name change. Documents must be original or certified copy. No photocopies can be accepted.
Acceptable documents:

Marriage license
Divorce decree
Original or certified copy of a revised birth certificate
Court ordered name change
Department of State Health Services marriage verification letter

Fingerprints are not taken and warrant checks are not conducted on persons applying for an EIC.
Expiration and Use

An EIC is valid for six years. There is no expiration date for certificates issued to citizens 70 years of age or older.
Election Identification Certificates may only be used for voting purposes. An EIC will not be accepted to verify identity (https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/identificationrequirements.htm) when applying for a Texas driver license or ID card.
For general information regarding voting in Texas please see VoteTexas.gov (http://www.votetexas.gov/).

koriwhat
04-18-2021, 08:22 PM
Bullshit. It is true. Whenever it issues of civil rights comes up in this country, a specific side comes up with deflective talking points. That's exactly what your doing right now. He was was responding to issues regarding race that has arisen in this country so why would he suddenly talk about China?

If he did talk about China, you'd figure something else to complain about. Its obvious what your doing.

IDGAF about his politics here while he cashes checks from the CCP(and not literally so don't come at me with your bs semantics game).

And no, I am adamant about the China shit. FUCK the CCP!

Chinook
04-18-2021, 08:55 PM
Let's go through these:

Texas driver license—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years

For those of us who drive, this seems like a ubiquity. However, if you grow up in an urban area, you can easily graduate high school without a license. Hell, I knew adults on the East Coast who didn't have licenses into their 20s. "Rural" people aren't likely to not have this. "Urban" people are more likely to not have it. Pretty obvious why this is problematic.

Texas personal identification card—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years

This would probably be biased toward inner city folks simply because you can't get one of these and a DL at the same time. The driver's license for people who don't have driver's licenses. The question instantly becomes, "Why would someone get this?" Well if you remember Butt's example, there are folks who might not be allowed to drive a car but will be in programs where proper ID is important. That doesn't really cover a lot of people who'd more naturally not get a driver's license. Right, like you get a license so you can drive, not so you can identify yourself. If you aren't driving, the push to get the ID is way lower. Certainly you CAN use it for some things -- it makes getting a lot of jobs easier. But a high-school or college student who hasn't had to worry about a serious job, or an adult who's either not working or who isn't working a job that asked for one of these? Probably not.

Concealed Handgun License (CHL) or License to Carry (LTC)—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years

Pretty sure we don't have to talk about who this favors.

U.S. passport book or card—unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years

Ditto -- though in this case it's just higher-class people rather than specifically conservative or rural people

U.S. Military identification with photo— unexpired or expired no more than four (4) years

Also has a political bias, obviously, but more importantly doesn't particularly cover people who wouldn't have a DL. Plenty of poor folks go into the military. But plenty don't.

U.S. Citizenship Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization with photo

Nice that it's included. This isn't a birth certificate -- which is something that people are more likely to have regardless of economic status.

So just to be clear, these aren't just "photo IDs". These are state-issued photo IDs that cost money and involve jumping through hoops. A lot of people are acting like you can use your work or student ID, which would include a larger percentage of the population. What's worse is that people have been conflating those two standards in polls, where the question is asking about photo IDs in general but it's being reported as supporting specific laws. It's as I said -- you can trick people into agreeing to restrict their rights, but the thing about rights is that you can't actually wish them away with public opinion.

cd021
04-19-2021, 01:04 AM
IDGAF about his politics here while he cashes checks from the CCP(and not literally so don't come at me with your bs semantics game).

This thread was started because Pop started talking about things that OP and others don't agree with and they used those comments to bash him. You, on the other hand, are bashing him because he doesn't talk about China I find your point to be especially odd but that's whatever.

Also, it isn't semantics to say that he isn't getting paid directly from the China money so, :lol at that pre-emptive deflection.

buttsR4rebounding
04-19-2021, 04:38 AM
The "hurdle" is not high, but who does it trip up at a disproportionate rate? The poll tax was always between $1 and $2 even when the average household income went from about $500 to over $3000 in the 60 or so years that they were en vogue. You were never talking about an unbelieveable amount of money. Yet, the Voting Rights Act of 1965 got rid of them, and it prevented ID laws until it was weakened by the SCOTUS.

Moreover, the hurdle to get a state-issued ID is higher than it is to get many other picture IDs that posters in this thread seem to want to pretend work for voting. This is if the system is working perfectly and not in tandem with voting suppression efforts by having limited hours and an unresponsive offices. Also, I'm gonna be really generous and ignore how you comparing minorities to mentally disabled people can come off. The stupid conservative talking point that opponents to voter ID laws believe that minorities are too incompetent to fill out paperwork needs to go away. It's just a shitty attempt at a racial gotcha that doesn't work outside of an echo chamber.

Minorities have a harder time getting IDs because they often lack the time and means to get them (especially if the offices at which they are supposed to get them are purposefully hard to contact), not because they're too dumb. The same is true for why voting in person disproportionately affects them. Because they don't live in a world where the ID is needed for anything else, they don't necessarily see it as being a good use of time like someone who needs to get a driver's license would. If the residents of your home are part of a program where they get the support to fill out the forms, have the free time to go through the hoops and are part of a program that encourages that they get an ID, then it's likely they get IDs at a much higher rate than non-driving residents. And good on your program for helping them.

State IDs need to be free, easily accessible and readily replaceable for them to not be a voting hurdle. Relatively cheap, inconsistent to get and even harder to replace doesn't cut it.

Holy crow. You act like minorities are stupid, lazy or incompetent. Not true in any way shape or form. There has to be some level of voting controls to attempt fair elections. Voter ID is a very low bar. Your attitude regarding minority capabilities is akin to those who wrote the Jim Crow laws.

The Truth #6
04-19-2021, 11:10 AM

+1

The Truth #6
04-19-2021, 11:28 AM
Holy crow. You act like minorities are stupid, lazy or incompetent. Not true in any way shape or form. There has to be some level of voting controls to attempt fair elections. Voter ID is a very low bar. Your attitude regarding minority capabilities is akin to those who wrote the Jim Crow laws.

I would argue it is a historical understanding of how voter suppression works. It’s basically an informal part of the conservative agenda to hold seats due to a shifting demographic. Reality is that most Americans don’t even care about voting, so for the idea that there are hordes of poor people of any color going out there several times a day to vote is ludicrous. The recent President actively undermined the postal service to influence the election. He’s on tape intimidating GOP officials in Georgia to find him more votes. Vote reform is needed but needs to come from the top down.

Kool Bob Love
04-19-2021, 01:39 PM
POP needs to check to check his white privileges. Winners can talk. Pop is a loser.

Chinook
04-19-2021, 03:16 PM

Again, you're not gonna be able to pull that black-shield shit with me. The reason why Jim Crow laws worked isn't because black people were stupid. The law-makers at the time might've believed that, but if they did, they didn't rely on that to make their policies work. I can tell from your response that you didn't actually read what I wrote, since my whole post had nothing to do with intelligence, competence or laziness. You just wanna push that dumb conservative talking point over and over. Maybe in your echo chamber, that argument seems good. It doesn't survive contact with the outside air though.

Joseph Kony
04-19-2021, 03:39 PM

NBA on TV in China = Xi pays Pop :lmao you're an idiot who has zero understanding of how anything works, except maybe calves and tats

:cry dont argue semantics with me because i'm wrong and dont want to get called out for being a dumbass :cry

koriwhat
04-20-2021, 02:09 PM
This thread was started because Pop started talking about things that OP and others don't agree with and they used those comments to bash him. You, on the other hand, are bashing him because he doesn't talk about China I find your point to be especially odd but that's whatever.

Also, it isn't semantics to say that he isn't getting paid directly from the China money so, :lol at that pre-emptive deflection.

you're replying to the OP. lol

koriwhat
04-20-2021, 02:11 PM
NBA on TV in China = Xi pays Pop :lmao you're an idiot who has zero understanding of how anything works, except maybe calves and tats

:cry dont argue semantics with me because i'm wrong and dont want to get called out for being a dumbass :cry

everywhere I am your bitchass shows up. stop hiding behind your troll acount pussy.

rjv
04-20-2021, 02:18 PM

spot on.

Joseph Kony
04-20-2021, 04:26 PM
everywhere I am your bitchass shows up. stop hiding behind your troll acount pussy.

Stop hiding behind your piece of shit tattoo "shop" then bitch. I tried to meet your faggot ass in public and you bitched out like a pussy and hid in your faggy shop. Step off my dick and shut the fuck up already clown

Joseph Kony
04-20-2021, 04:28 PM
also rofl at this twig legged faggot talking shit about anyone else following him around when he humps the leg of the same 3-4 posters constantly, humping mono's leg for attention, etc. :lol fuckin scrawny ass chump

cd021
04-21-2021, 02:51 AM
you're replying to the OP. lol
I was replying to you and mentioned OP. Read the post.

koriwhat
04-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Stop hiding behind your piece of shit tattoo "shop" then bitch. I tried to meet your faggot ass in public and you bitched out like a pussy and hid in your faggy shop. Step off my dick and shut the fuck up already clown

You're lame bro and your lame trolling ain't worth jack shit just like you bro. Go larp elsewhere you fucking loser.

koriwhat
04-21-2021, 01:40 PM
also rofl at this twig legged faggot talking shit about anyone else following him around when he humps the leg of the same 3-4 posters constantly, humping mono's leg for attention, etc. :lol fuckin scrawny ass chump

I know you have a pea sized brain but anyone with any sense of reality realizes I simply reply to you stupid fucks. You on the other hand come looking to troll non stop. Keep larping ya bitch! :tu

Joseph Kony
04-21-2021, 04:49 PM
first off, i aint your fucking bro. you're a shit stain on the underpants of ST, nothing more. secondly, thats funny coming from the try-hard edgelord with the troll meme guy as his avatar. thirdly, you are a pussy that bitched out and hid (again) when you were challenged to step out of your basement. so, shut your bitch ass up, and go enjoy your methpipe faggot. if i need your input ill ask your mom to give you a call after im done fucking her in the ass

ducks
08-06-2021, 07:05 PM
Pop mad holt gives to the Republican Party

BacktoBasics
08-06-2021, 07:30 PM
Pop mad holt gives to the Republican Party

Everyone here fucking hates you. You’re a piece of shit poster and no one wants your worthless musings.

ducks
08-06-2021, 07:51 PM
Got to love the liberals
They are so loving people