Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-15-2021, 09:50 AM
whoah

retire in peace big man

take care of that ticker

:toast

cd021
Apparently it was his heart issues, guess that makes a lot more sense.

BG_Spurs_Fan
Did he have another heart scare?

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Did he have another heart scare?

Yeah, said his heart got in a bad rhythm.

K...
04-15-2021, 09:52 AM
I guess he still gets a ring. Queue the "he quit" crew discovering a new refrain

Spursfanfromafar
Boy that's sad to hear. LMA could legit got a title before he retired.

Trill Clinton
Heart issues are no joke. Calling it a wrap was the smart thing to do.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 09:53 AM
Thanks Portland. Thanks Brooklyn.

Crickets.

Bitch.

Dejounte
04-15-2021, 09:54 AM

Crickets.

Bitch.

He did thank the Spurs though.

Trill Clinton
04-15-2021, 09:55 AM

Crickets.

Bitch.

?

duncan2150
Unbelivable

Thanks LMA for the Spurs years, especially the one without Kawhi.

ginobilized
What a surprise. Glad he made the smart decision and relieved that this didn't happen while with the Spurs.
His retirement message reveals that he is probably a pretty decent human being.
Best of luck, LMA.

Fireball
04-15-2021, 09:56 AM
having heart issues myself I can only say take care of yourself LMA ...

lmbebo
04-15-2021, 09:57 AM
Surprised, but he made the right decisions. Thanks LMA.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-15-2021, 09:58 AM
It was entirely possible he would’ve got a ring in 17 hadn’t kawhi got Zaza’d

K...
He left a statement that i can't seem to link. Says he played with irregular heartbeat that got worse

emanueldavidginobili
I’m sure the irregular heart beat was on the back of his mind for a while, I remember him missing sometime with it a couple years ago, helluva career.

crc21209
04-15-2021, 10:00 AM
Damn, crazy turn of events. Thanks for the years Lamarcus, enjoy retirement and hope for good health for you.

couchman
04-15-2021, 10:01 AM
Godspeed LMA and enjoy retirement. He gave us some really good years

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 10:01 AM

Crickets.

Bitch.

C'mon man, he said "I want to thank the Spurs for letting me into the family and giving me 5 fun years"

ace3g
04-15-2021, 10:03 AM
I hadn't realized he even had heart issues till he missed games in 2017 because of the irregular heartbeat due to Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome (WPW), but something he dealt with in Portland as well. It is amazing he played as many years as he did with that condition.

Smart move on his part, health is more important than a game.

MoSpur02
04-15-2021, 10:07 AM
Was that sentence he wrote about the Nets wanting him for him where the game is changing so much, “you asked me to come and just do what I do” a shot at the Spurs since they kind of wanted him to shoot more threes?

Mugen
04-15-2021, 10:12 AM
Happy retirement tbh.

Glad that Brian Wrong finally fell ass backwards into a good decision :lol

Dejounte
04-15-2021, 10:14 AM
Was that sentence he wrote about the Nets wanting him for him where the game is changing so much, “you asked me to come and just do what I do” a shot at the Spurs since they kind of wanted him to shoot more threes?

Of course it was. His normal game here was detrimental to having the young guys develop. He slowed the game down like crazy, took too much time off the clock, and overall was a black hole on offense once he couldn't hit those shots efficiently anymore.

NASpurs
04-15-2021, 10:15 AM

Crickets.

Bitch.

Must suck to be an illiterate faggot.

cd98
04-15-2021, 10:16 AM
Man it sucks when athletes have to retire over irregular heart beats. But I will forever remember Reggie Lewis dying when he tried to play with a heart condition. Not worth it. I hoped that LMA would get a title in NJ, I guess he still gets one even though he retired. Best of luck to him.

BatManu20
04-15-2021, 10:16 AM
Damn. Should’ve retired a Spur tbh. Thanks for the all the years LMA. Happy Retirement.

Leetonidas
04-15-2021, 10:17 AM
Of course it was. His normal game here was detrimental to having the young guys develop. He slowed the game down like crazy, took too much time off the clock, and overall was a black hole on offense once he couldn't hit those shots efficiently anymore.

The Spurs offense is still slow as molasses and takes too much time off the clock to run any offense :lol starting to think it wasnt just an LMA isssue tbh

Dejounte
04-15-2021, 10:18 AM
The Spurs offense is still slow as molasses and takes too much time off the clock to run any offense :lol starting to think it wasnt just an LMA isssue tbh

DeMar is obviously the other issue lmao but it is faster without LMA in it, even just a little bit.

Arcadian
04-15-2021, 10:19 AM
Did anyone even know he had heart arrhythmia before today?

james evans
04-15-2021, 10:20 AM
having heart issues myself I can only say take care of yourself LMA ...
yes, I too have an irregular heartbeat that was discovered in my 30s, so I feel bad for the guy.

r0drig0lac
04-15-2021, 10:21 AM
sad

exstatic
04-15-2021, 10:23 AM
C'mon man, he said "I want to thank the Spurs for letting me into the family and giving me 5 fun years"

Paragraph about Portland. One sentence about SA. Paragraph about Brooklyn, where he’s been for a few days.

He was really nothing more that RJ, part 2. Massive talent, shackled by lack of guts.

KingKev
04-15-2021, 10:25 AM

It was well documented in his earlier years as a Spur. He missed time going into the playoffs a few years back due to it.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 10:26 AM

He missed time, both in POR and SA with the issue.

GAustex
Telling is that his whole career he was an excellent one on one but could be neutralized by double team cause he could not or was too stupid to figure out how to make the defense pay. Worst passing good big man maybe ever.

timvp
Glad LMA got out with his health intact. Congrats on a Hall of Fame career :tu

From a Spurs angle, the end of the LMA era ended about as cleanly as possible. He had a few veiled comments on his way out the door but mostly kept the Spurs in a positive light. Even those comments are primarily based on stubborn confidence in his own game and not really meant as shots at the organization The biggest FA signing in franchise history leaving with a smile on his face was important. If LMA's departure had been messy, the chances of the Spurs ever landing another max free agent would have taken a hit.

LMA giving back that money when he didn't need to should help cement his San Antonio legacy. I know the spoiled Spurs fans view everything as championship-or-bust nowadays but LMA did his part, lived up to expectations and helped extend the winning culture he inherited. He did everything he could and I'm still happy he decided to sign with the Spurs.

BWS-1994
04-15-2021, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the 5 years, LMA. May your health improve. Enjoy retirement!

MoSpur02
04-15-2021, 10:29 AM

I kind of thought so. Maybe I am reading too much into that one sentence, but it could be a shot at the Spurs. Oh well. Wish him good health and appreciate what he did for the Spurs. Seems like a good guy.

BatManu20
Next stop: Springfield.

Ed Helicopter Jones

Yeah, he did a nice job with his statement I thought. And he thanked the Spurs. :tu

J_Paco
04-15-2021, 10:30 AM

Crickets.

Bitch.

Spurs were mentioned, homie.

No need to be bitter when his heart issue is ending things prematurely for him. I was disappointed about how he left, but knew it was inevitable and I'm sad he has to retire early because of his heart issues.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-15-2021, 10:30 AM

From a Spurs angle, the end of the LMA era ended about as cleanly as possible. He had a few veiled comments on his way out the door but mostly kept the Spurs in a positive light. Even those comments are primarily based on stubborn confidence in his own game and not really meant as shots at the organization The biggest FA signing in franchise history leaving with a smile on his face was important. If LMA's departure had been messy, the chances of the Spurs ever landing another max free agent would have taken a hit.

LMA giving back that money when he didn't need to should help cement his San Antonio legacy. I know the spoiled Spurs fans view everything as championship-or-bust nowadays but LMA did his part, lived up to expectations and helped extend the winning culture he inherited. He did everything he could and I'm still happy he decided to sign with the Spurs.

:tu

daslicer
04-15-2021, 10:31 AM

I felt he gave the Spurs the two best years of his career in '17-'19. In '15-'17 he helped the Spurs become juggernaut team with them having back to back 60 plus win seasons which is rare in the NBA.

Spursfanfromafar
04-15-2021, 10:33 AM

Well said. If anything, the Nephew episode put a spanner in what could have been good works. People forget the Spurs won 67 games in 2016-17 and were a legit threat before Zaza did his thing.

GreekSpursfan
04-15-2021, 10:36 AM
Take care LMA, one of the good guys.

Fireball
04-15-2021, 10:38 AM
yes, I too have an irregular heartbeat that was discovered in my 30s, so I feel bad for the guy.

i had a heart attack shortly before the 2013 playoffs ... watching the Finals was not easy

daslicer
04-15-2021, 10:43 AM
Well said. If anything, the Nephew episode put a spanner in what could have been good works. People forget the Spurs won 67 games in 2016-17 and were a legit threat before Zaza did his thing.

I will always believe the Spurs would have won at least 1 title in the span of '15-'19 had Kawhi played out his contract with the Spurs.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 10:43 AM

Paragraph about Portland. One sentence about SA. Paragraph about Brooklyn, where he’s been for a few days.

He was really nothing more that RJ, part 2. Massive talent, shackled by lack of guts.

florige
04-15-2021, 10:46 AM
I will always believe the Spurs would have won at least 1 title in the Span for '15-'19 had Kawhi played out his contract with the Spurs.

Easily. They were literally toying with GS until that dirty play happened.

John B
04-15-2021, 10:52 AM

I also find it weird that he would say about Brooklyn that "you wanted me for me... do what I do." Was that a sly jab on the Spurs? But Pop had him shooting 3's not only to open up lanes, but maybe to prolong his career and not get pounded in the middle.

Either way, I wish him well. Thanks for everything. I thought hadn't nephew jumped ship, he would've gotten a ring or two.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 10:53 AM
Easily. They were literally toying with GS until that dirty play happened.

I believed before the Zaza hatchet job happened the Spurs were going to do to the Warriors what the Lakers did to the Spurs in '01. Curry,Durant,Klay,Draymond those guys were on the verge of crying on the bench. If the hatchet job doesn't go down then the Warriors are laughed at for years and Curry-Durant's legacies are completely different. That series still makes me angry even more so than losing to the Lakers in the '00s, or losing to Miami in '13.

cd98
04-15-2021, 10:54 AM

I'm pretty sure he sat out games in the past in S.A. related to his heart. But he always came back and played.

John B
04-15-2021, 10:55 AM
I believed before the Zaza hatchet job happened the Spurs were going to do to the Warriors what the Lakers did to the Spurs in '01. Curry,Durant,Klay,Draymond those guys were on the verge of crying on the bench. If the hatchet job doesn't go down then the Warriors are laughed at for years and Curry-Durant's legacies are completely different. That series still makes me angry even more so than losing to the Lakers in the '00s, or losing to Miami in '13.

It would've cemented Spurs legacy even more, after the trouncing of the banana boat, then the Monster team Dubs. Yup, no thanks to nephew. Fuck you Kawhi!! :lol:lol

daslicer
04-15-2021, 10:58 AM
It would've cemented Spurs legacy even more, after the trouncing of the banana boat, then the Monster team Dubs. Yup, no thanks to nephew. Fuck you Kawhi!! :lol:lol

That series set back the league in so many ways. If the Spurs win that series than it deters other guys from forming super teams due to having a fear of embarrassment knowing it's not guaranteed they will win. It also puts an end to this horrible era of jacking up 3 point shooting since the Spurs would have proven you don't have to play that style to win a championship and thus other teams would have followed.

Mnky
04-15-2021, 10:59 AM
Appreciate the years LMA. Those first few were very exciting, and outside of a major injury, likely include a title. People really forget how dominant this man was on the offensive end even when teams were doubling and triple teaming him. He was exactly what the spurs needed at the time, and injury and politics just ended what could have been an exciting time for the spurs. That's not on him.

As far as the criticism goes, he wasn't the best passer out of the double, but he definitely wasn't bad. He played with a bunch of role players on the spurs who ran from the ball more than wanted it.

I don't think it was a shot at all in his retirement message. He references the changing game of today's NBA. He had multiple options when he was a free agent, and they all likely had specific roles to play offered. The Nets likely offered him the easiest one of not thinking about it and just playing his game.

He played his role, the front office did not maximize his usage, or anyone's for that matter the past few years. Getting a clone score in Demar who does not complement him at all was not on him either.

Wish him the best and hope he gets a ring anyway

slick'81
04-15-2021, 11:00 AM
More crying over lma leaving:lol

bad timing on his tinker,but glad hes going to be ok

daslicer
04-15-2021, 11:03 AM
Appreciate the years LMA. Those first few were very exciting, and outside of a major injury, likely include a title. People really forget how dominant this man was on the offensive end even when teams were doubling and triple teaming him. He was exactly what the spurs needed at the time, and injury and politics just ended what could have been an exciting time for the spurs. That's not on him.

As far as the criticism goes, he wasn't the best passer out of the double, but he definitely wasn't bad. He played with a bunch of role players on the spurs who ran from the ball more than wanted it.

I don't think it was a shot at all in his retirement message. He references the changing game of today's NBA. He had multiple options when he was a free agent, and they all likely had specific roles to play offered. The Nets likely offered him the easiest one of not thinking about it and just playing his game.

He played his role, the front office did not maximize his usage, or anyone's for that matter the past few years. Getting a clone score in Demar who does not complement him at all was not on him either.

Wish him the best and hope he gets a ring anyway

I agree with you 100 percent.

heyheymymy
04-15-2021, 11:04 AM
This changes everything and I take back all my immature comments. I always liked LMA and enjoyed the LMA era in SA. When he agreed to sign in 2015 it was like Christmas for us fans.

I will say, as a Spurs fan the busted contracts or reneged word agreements were tough to digest. Nephew, Morris, and then when LMA appeared to do the same I was displeased.

I think the Spurs look like gold here now with everything revealed. Players can see now that LMA was having heart problems and the Spurs did him a favor by putting him in a position to possibly leave on a high note.

PATFO could've dumped him in ORL or something miserable and I think the league sees now that not only did they do best by their player, but they respected his privacy until he was ready to reveal his health issues on his own terms.

When we complain about staying pat on the trade deadline we need to understand that PATFO 1. won't take a shitty deal just to make a move and 2. won't dump a player in a shitty situation even if a trade returns something the Spurs want. Wonder how many nice trades the Spurs turned down because, despite an attractive return, it would be miring one of their former players in no man's land.

Degoat
04-15-2021, 11:06 AM
That shit is sad man, I appreciate LMA. The day we signed up I was over the moon. Hate that his career ended this way

ducks
04-15-2021, 11:08 AM

Yes ducks did

Boomersgold
04-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Lamarcus made the All-star team playing for the Spurs. Really underrated his entire career. Would've been a major asset for the Nets, maybe even the difference maker to get them over the hump.

Does he make the hall of fame?

Trill Clinton
04-15-2021, 11:12 AM
I also find it weird that he would say about Brooklyn that "you wanted me for me... do what I do." Was that a sly jab on the Spurs? But Pop had him shooting 3's not only to open up lanes, but maybe to prolong his career and not get pounded in the middle.

Either way, I wish him well. Thanks for everything. I thought hadn't nephew jumped ship, he would've gotten a ring or two.

I doubt it was a jab at the Spurs. It could have been a jab at other teams who were recruiting after he was bought out and wanted him to fit a certain role, whereas Brooklyn allowed him to play his game.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 11:19 AM
I doubt it was a jab at the Spurs. It could have been a jab at other teams who were recruiting after he was bought out and wanted him to fit a certain role, whereas Brooklyn allowed him to play his game.

Agreed. I thought it was also him just giving a jab at the league and media for saying his game was outdated and not suitable for today's NBA.

jeebus
04-15-2021, 11:23 AM

Can't expect much from a faggot who defended Errors for years.

SAGirl
04-15-2021, 11:26 AM
I wish him a healthy retirement.

It’s too bad that the retirement was so sudden. He didn’t get to finish what was looking like a last hurrah for his career anyways. It definitely places his last season in a different light. Could have had a ring if not for Zaza in 2017 or Uncle Dennis in 2018...

Russ
04-15-2021, 11:29 AM
The Spurs should have a night for LMA next year (when everyone can attend).

It's almost a requirement when a borderline HOFer retires in your uni after at least five years of continuous service. (Especially when you were only one of two teams he played for.)

The only question is will it involve the rafters (alas, probably not).

HarlemHeat37
04-15-2021, 11:39 AM
One of the softest stars in NBA history. The face of the death of Spurs culture. A monster against poor to above average teams, but would always let you down in must-win big games.

Reading this thread is sad, how far have Spurs fans fallen? They used to celebrate titles, now they’re talking about how grateful they are that a man simply chose to be on their team, ignoring that he asked for a trade because he wasn’t getting enough touches on a WCFs team:lol

The Nets had little chance of winning a title with Aldridge, he’s as cancerous as it gets on an NBA team. Blessing in disguise for them. Smart move by him, though, shouldn’t fuck with the heart when you can comfortably retire with generational wealth.

lefty
04-15-2021, 11:39 AM
:lol at the idiots here who kept criticizing him

J_Paco
04-15-2021, 11:40 AM

It's almost a requirement when a borderline HOFer retires in your uni after at least five years of continuous service. (Especially when you were only one of two teams he played for.)

He obviously won't have his number retired in San Antonio when they "unretired" it, so he could wear the #12. He'll likely have his number retired by Portland and will be a borderline HOF candidate.

He played for three teams (Trail Blazers, Spurs & Nets) not just two.

TD 21
04-15-2021, 11:43 AM
Not that it really matters, but unfortunately he just missed out on 20k. If the HOF standards were what they should be, he'd just miss. But given what they are, he should just make.

Probably (obviously not definitively since we're not in his head) a great point . . . but the usual apologist bit towards the end downgraded this from a great to merely good post. Still a rarity for you.

I wish him a healthy retirement.

It’s too bad that the retirement was so sudden. He didn’t get to finish what was looking like a last hurrah for his career anyways. It definitely places his last season in a different light. Could have had a ring if not for Zaza in 2017 or Uncle Dennis in 2018...

'19 Would have been their best chance. In fact, health willing they probably would have rung that season and his career would be viewed in the light Lowry's is unfairly viewed in now.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 11:51 AM

Yeah, hard pass. As for rafters, sorry, #12 is already legitimately up there.

PrimeMinister
04-15-2021, 12:05 PM
Couple of things go differently in 2016 or 2017 and he’s a no brainer getting his jersey in the rafters

As it stands... I’m not gonna be surprised to see it happen with ownership wanting to look gracious or something. But I won’t lose sleep over it.

rastaspur
04-15-2021, 12:07 PM
Wished he would have retired as a spur. Wouldnt that have relieved the spurs of paying him what was left on the contract?

spurraider21
04-15-2021, 12:11 PM
damn. right decision by him though.

Kurgan
04-15-2021, 12:13 PM
I know he's naturally a big guy but if he worked a bit harder to slim down to the weight Duncan was at in his final couple years, it may have helped the heart issues some. Seems like LMA always had a piss poor diet with how often he came into camp overweight.

KingKev
04-15-2021, 12:14 PM
Yeah, hard pass. As for rafters, sorry, #12 is already legitimately up there.

He absolutely should not have his jersey retired and he himself probably has no interest in returning to SA for an LMA night featuring one of these BS tribute videos. I wish him good health but he is not anywhere close to an all-time great Spur for me.

BatManu20
04-15-2021, 12:17 PM
Couple of things go differently in 2016 or 2017 and he’s a no brainer getting his jersey in the rafters

As it stands... I’m not gonna be surprised to see it happen with ownership wanting to look gracious or something. But I won’t lose sleep over it.

He definitely would’ve had we rang but I think there’s very little chance he gets his jersey retired by the Spurs. Much better chance in Portland tbh. They don’t get All-Star caliber players very often so I think they’ll eventually retire his.

KingKev
Wished he would have retired as a spur. Wouldnt that have relieved the spurs of paying him what was left on the contract?

He gave back a solid chunk via buyout already which was probably similar to the remaining 20 games left on his contract anyways.

Kurgan
One of the softest stars in NBA history. The face of the death of Spurs culture. A monster against poor to above average teams, but would always let you down in must-win big games.

Reading this thread is sad, how far have Spurs fans fallen? They used to celebrate titles, now they’re talking about how grateful they are that a man simply chose to be on their team, ignoring that he asked for a trade because he wasn’t getting enough touches on a WCFs team:lol

The Nets had little chance of winning a title with Aldridge, he’s as cancerous as it gets on an NBA team. Blessing in disguise for them. Smart move by him, though, shouldn’t fuck with the heart when you can comfortably retire with generational wealth.

Demanding to wear the number of a retired player was always a bad look too. Says a lot about LMA's inflated ego.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 12:21 PM
Basketball-reference has him at about 50% in the HOF monitor list. Dame is at 90%. :lol :lol.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 12:25 PM

What a disappointment that you are still alive. I had hope that you had passed away since you hadn't posted here in a while.

timvp
04-15-2021, 12:27 PM
In retrospect, LMA dragging the 2017-18 team to 47 wins has to be one of the most impressive non-championship accomplishments in team history. Who was the second best player on that team? Kyle Anderson? Danny Green?

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-15-2021, 12:30 PM
Sad stuff.

hopefully he stays healthy and enjoys life with his family. Shit, maybe he can come on as a big man coach here in San Antonio?!

Kurgan
04-15-2021, 12:37 PM
In retrospect, LMA dragging the 2017-18 team to 47 wins has to be one of the most impressive non-championship accomplishments in team history. Who was the second best player on that team? Kyle Anderson? Danny Green?

Are we ignoring DRob carrying scrubs to numerous 55 win seasons? Seems like the revisionist history narrative for LMA has already begun.

MultiTroll
04-15-2021, 12:39 PM
This.
The slurping on this thread is sad. What was Spurs winning culture is now soo soy'd out. Highest paid player on team (for a while) but comes into camp in less then stellar shape. Wines about touches derailing a Kwa MVP and likely Championship season. Packs for Cancun in Game 7 vs Denver.

:cry He gave back so much. :cry
"Thanks for the 100 million Spurs."
What did he finally make in salary this season? You know since he gave back so much.

Robz4000
04-15-2021, 12:40 PM
Sucks for him, but prioritizing health is always the right decision.

TheGreatYacht
04-15-2021, 12:40 PM

Crickets.

Bitch.
Jesus, you’re an insufferable faggot. You read as well as you evaluate players.

Gibbz
04-15-2021, 12:41 PM
Lamarcus made the All-star team playing for the Spurs. Really underrated his entire career. Would've been a major asset for the Nets, maybe even the difference maker to get them over the hump.

Does he make the hall of fame?

I'd say 7x All-Star 5x All-NBA is more than enough to get in but he always flew a bit under the radar throughout his career perception-wise.

Dverde
04-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Glad he got to play with Nets for a few games before he retired. He looked to be having fun playing on that super team. Hope he gets healthy. I still think he would be a good player development coach for us. Imagine being a young big showing up with Robinson, Duncan, LMA giving you advice.

Spurs Homer
04-15-2021, 12:50 PM
I hope Rudy steals this idea and retires also!

dbreiden83080
04-15-2021, 12:54 PM
Scary to have any heart issues. Smart move honestly.. Just 49 Pts away from 20,000.. I wondered if he needed to stat pad another few years to make the HOF one day..

7 time AS, 5 all NBA selection, no 1st team selections. 19 PTS and 8 Reb for his career.. Didn't win a ring..

Does he make the Hall?

ElNono
04-15-2021, 12:56 PM
Never liked him as a player, and despised his attitude, but best wishes to him and his family on that health condition. It's the right thing to do.

timvp
04-15-2021, 12:57 PM
Are we ignoring DRob carrying scrubs to numerous 55 win seasons? Seems like the revisionist history narrative for LMA has already begun.

Keywords being "one of." Holding LMA to standards set by champions who were top 10-15 players of all-time is unfair, tbh. No one should argue that LMA belongs in the same paragraph as David Robinson but that doesn't mean what he accomplished can't be appreciated. For what he was, he did about as well as could have fairly been expected.

Spurs fans like to act like the LMA era was an insufferable period of unadulterated torture when, in reality, it'd rank as the high point in the history of about half the franchises in the NBA :lol

DPG21920
04-15-2021, 01:03 PM
He had his issues. He did ask to be traded and was the first introduction to the modern NBA me star in SA. But post DPG that was to be expected. But he was always professional about it and worked through it. He definitely gets graded on a curve because he had to learn what it took to play at high level. He was not always in shape but once he figured it out he carried the team.

But he stuck it out when Kahwi bailed and he deserves large praise for that and I hope he has a great post NBA life.

MannyIsGod
04-15-2021, 01:17 PM

LOL he did immediately take a shot at the Spurs in the Brooklyn thank you tho

daslicer
04-15-2021, 01:18 PM

I would say only David Robinson's '93-'94 Spurs roster was as bad as the '17-'18 roster with Kawhi being gone. To Dave's credit he lead that team to 55 wins. Obviously Dave was better than LMA.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 01:21 PM
Keywords being "one of." Holding LMA to standards set by champions who were top 10-15 players of all-time is unfair, tbh. No one should argue that LMA belongs in the same paragraph as David Robinson but that doesn't mean what he accomplished can't be appreciated. For what he was, he did about as well as could have fairly been expected.

Spurs fans like to act like the LMA era was an insufferable period of unadulterated torture when, in reality, it'd rank as the high point in the history of about half the franchises in the NBA :lol

Agreed compare the LMA era to the best era of the Charlotte Hornets,Wolves, and it looks pretty good.

MannyIsGod
04-15-2021, 01:21 PM
I hold no ill will towards the guy. The NBA changed on him. He gave us a shot and I still remember how happy I was when we got him. Helped extend the playoff streak. Without him, do we get the record? IDK, but I doubt it.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 01:22 PM
Scary to have any heart issues. Smart move honestly.. Just 49 Pts away from 20,000.. I wondered if he needed to stat pad another few years to make the HOF one day..

7 time AS, 5 all NBA selection, no 1st team selections. 19 PTS and 8 Reb for his career.. Didn't win a ring..

Does he make the Hall?

Probably when he's 50 or 60 years old during a weak class.

Dex
04-15-2021, 01:23 PM
Shitty situation for LMA. Obviously his health and future are the most important thing, and I wish him well. Love him or not, he will always be a Longhorns and Spurs alum.

It sounds like this came up pretty suddenly, but I wonder how long this has been on his mind or if it somehow factored into his decision to not finish out the season with the Spurs.

If the guy believed that this may be his last season in the NBA, I can't blame him for trying to get one last shot at a ring.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 01:29 PM
He could have hit 20k if he’d have been willing to come off the bench.

Darius Bieber
04-15-2021, 01:35 PM
If he’s retiring voluntarily, does that nullify the amount owed by the Spurs’ buyout?

Budkin
04-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Damn. I have heart issues as well so I totally get it. You just don't fuck around.

KobesAchilles
04-15-2021, 01:54 PM
Did the franchise a solid by not just stealing our money by retiring on our dime.

RD2191
04-15-2021, 01:57 PM
I had a cardiac episode when I was in my early 20s and shit was fucking terrifying. Shit is no joke. Feel bad for LMA but this is the correct thing to do for him and his fam.

BatManu20
04-15-2021, 01:59 PM
I had a cardiac episode when I was in my early 20s and shit was fucking terrifying. Shit is no joke. Feel bad for LMA but this is the correct thing to do for him and his fam.

Did you know you had a heart condition at the time? Or is that how you found out

RD2191
04-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Did you know you had a heart condition at the time? Or is that how you found out

That's how I found out tbh. Started with shortness of breath after a long day of work and tachycardia over the next few days. I finally went to the hospital after 2 days of tachycardia not letting up. Fuck. It was scary as shit. They kept asking me what drugs on I was on and shit. I was like I'm afraid to take a Tylenol. I'm not on any fucking drugs. :lol

Kurgan
04-15-2021, 02:40 PM
I remember reading about a high school basketball player that collapsed dead after a game due to an undiagnosed heart issue. Pretty scary that you can drop dead just because you were too healthy to ever need an xray before.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 02:44 PM
I remember reading about a high school basketball player that collapsed dead after a game due to an undiagnosed heart issue. Pretty scary that you can drop dead just because you were too healthy to ever need an xray.
That’s a different malady. It’s what Hank Gaithers had, and died from. If LMA had that, he would have been medically retired upon initial diagnosis in Portland.

superbigtime
04-15-2021, 02:53 PM
that stinks

spurs10
04-15-2021, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear and hope the Nets win it all, so he'll get a ring. It would be a fit ending to a great career.

duncan2k5
04-15-2021, 03:02 PM
For all the grief I've given him... It's not so serious as to with I'll on his health... I'm mad that he ever became a spur and glad he is gone... I will not look back in fondness on his time here, but wish him good health and a great life going further

BillMc
04-15-2021, 03:06 PM

Wonder if and when the Spurs retire his jersery? 2 All NBA selections, 2 or 3 All Star selections on Spurs watch (can't remember). dragged Spurs into the playoffs one year when they probably shouldn't have made. A case can be made.

BillMc
04-15-2021, 03:12 PM
He definitely would’ve had we rang but I think there’s very little chance he gets his jersey retired by the Spurs. Much better chance in Portland tbh. They don’t get All-Star caliber players very often so I think they’ll eventually retire his.

I think he's a lock in Portland. Spurs are prenty generous with the jersey retirments. He's got a shot, escpecially if Pop is still around to promite the idea of "doing right" by their players

GAustex
04-15-2021, 03:12 PM
LMA should not be going up to them rafters unless it’s in Portland.

cd98
04-15-2021, 03:21 PM
Maybe this should be a separate thread, but isn't LMA a top 10 player to wear a Spurs uniform?

Kurgan
04-15-2021, 03:23 PM
A lot of fans may hate to admit it but Kawhi has a better case for having his jersey retired than LMA does.

cjw
04-15-2021, 03:29 PM
Maybe this should be a separate thread, but isn't LMA a top 10 player to wear a Spurs uniform?

He’s better than half the guys up in the rafters, so think it’s pretty clearly a yes.

Now if you include any player to have worn a Spurs jersey (T-Mac, Moses and Dominique) and look at their entire career, that’s a different question.

A lot of fans may hate to admit it but Kawhi has a better case for having his jersey retired than LMA does.

The Rockets will retire Harden and the Thunder will retire Durant. Neither won a finals MVP with that team. That tells you all you need to know about whether Kawhi deserves his jersey retired. Now will he show up?

Aldridge is borderline but as mentioned above some of the Spurs retired jerseys are less than elite.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-15-2021, 03:35 PM
If the Spurs put Kawhi's jersey up in the rafters I'm cancel-culturing the Spurs

SPURt
04-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Well that’s a plot twist. Thanks LMA for the memories, get well!

daslicer
04-15-2021, 03:40 PM
He’s better than half the guys up in the rafters, so think it’s pretty clearly a yes.

Now if you include any player to have worn a Spurs jersey (T-Mac, Moses and Dominique) and look at their entire career, that’s a different question.

The Rockets will retire Harden and the Thunder will retire Durant. Neither won a finals MVP with that team. That tells you all you need to know about whether Kawhi deserves his jersey retired. Now will he show up?

Aldridge is borderline but as mentioned above some of the Spurs retired jerseys are less than elite.

The Orlando Magic have never retired Shaq's Jersey.

SPURt
04-15-2021, 03:41 PM
If Avery Johnson is the bar, it’s fair to debate #8 going in the rafters

KingKev
04-15-2021, 03:43 PM

Tim Duncan
David Robinson
Mani Ginobilli
Tony Parker
HoeAss Leonard
Bruce Bowen
George Gervin
Sean Elliott
Avery Johnson
James Silas

even guys like Jaren Jackson, Mario Elie, Robert Horry, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw, Steve Kerr, Danny Green are greater in their contribution to Spurs history in my opinion.

I rank LMA with guys like Mike Finley, Brent Barry, Malik Rose, Nazr Mohammed.

GAustex
04-15-2021, 03:49 PM
Avery not top 10
Kenon
Mitchel

K...
04-15-2021, 03:58 PM
He will get in,. Because without a talent on the team the front office will pull out gimmicks so hard in an effort to fill seats.

Kawhi will get in after he retires assuming he behaves well enough. Pop will be dead. The 2014 crew or may not come.

LeBowen
04-15-2021, 03:59 PM
Tim Duncan
David Robinson
Mani Ginobilli
Tony Parker
HoeAss Leonard
Bruce Bowen
George Gervin
Sean Elliott
Avery Johnson
James Silas

even guys like Jaren Jackson, Mario Elie, Robert Horry, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw, Steve Kerr, Danny Green are greater in their contribution to Spurs history in my opinion.

I rank LMA with guys like Mike Finley, Brent Barry, Malik Rose, Nazr Mohammed.

You can't look at it that way.

As a Spurs fan, I'll always love Bruce or Sean more, but LMA is a class above them and everyone else except for Ice, Admiral, the big3 and nephew.
When nephew sabotaged us, LMA single-handedly carried the team to 47 wins.

He gave us 5 years, didn't end well, but considering the situation, can't really blame him.

TD 21
04-15-2021, 04:00 PM

Not as soft as Durant and Scumbag, the latter of whom is partially responsible for the "death of Spurs culture" (the other half being the biggest 3 retiring). He had one chance to win a championship and age + Scumbag wetting the bed cost them in '16.

Though not for altruistic reasons, he was the one in prime star who took the plunge. Better than quitting entirely on that same WCF team, hiding cross country, exaggerating an injury, having his uncle speak for him through the media, then unwittingly falling into a contrived/tainted championship.

He wasn't going to determine the Nets fate either way.

Not a chance, alt Harlem. Maybe for a wannabe franchise like the Raptors, not a prestigious one like this.

Aldridge has a strong case as the 7th best Spur of all-time, but I wouldn't retire his jersey. I'd have only retired the top 5 to begin with.

Every franchise in the "big 4" should have a "Ring of Honor" and that's where him + the others (minus Scumbag) should reside.

buttsR4rebounding
04-15-2021, 04:04 PM
I wonder how much of his performance cliff dive may have been attributed a faulty ticker.

Truckules
04-15-2021, 04:06 PM

That was Kyle's last year on the Spurs, and he was probably the second best player on the team then. And that was a career year for LMA as a 32 year old. At the time, it felt like the team had years of contention left once Kawhi came back.
:pctoss

exstatic
04-15-2021, 04:27 PM

Neither one should go up. Kawhi flat stole $19M from the Spurs by hiding out for a year in NY.

It’s not as cut and dry as it seems, sometimes. Muhsin Kenon, formerly known as Larry, played five seasons in SA, 1 ABA, and 4 NBA. He made two NBA All Star teams, and had a 22/11 season. He had a bit of a reputation as a clubhouse lawyer, though, and was traded. His number was never retired, and he has as many accolades as some numbers up there, and more than some others.

KingKev
04-15-2021, 04:29 PM
You can't look at it that way.

As a Spurs fan, I'll always love Bruce or Sean more, but LMA is a class above them and everyone else except for Ice, Admiral, the big3 and nephew.

He gave us 5 years, didn't end well, but considering the situation, can't really blame him.

The 2017 WCF finals, when Kawhi was ZaZa’d he averaged 16 and 6. Did not at all step up in Kahwi’s absence. His 5 yr averages as a Spur... call it 20 and 9 with little team success. He is more Terry Cummings than any Spur who deserves to have their jersey retired.

timtonymanu
04-15-2021, 04:31 PM
Never was a fan but wish LMA good health and he deserves to live a full life with his family. That said, let his jersey retire in Portland, we don’t need to hang up anymore jerseys when the Big 3 are the only ones that make sense to be there right now.

boutons_deux
04-15-2021, 04:33 PM
I wonder how much of his performance cliff dive may have been attributed a faulty ticker.

he got pretty soft in shoulders, added some pounds, never good for a weak heart

daslicer
04-15-2021, 04:41 PM
Not as soft as Durant and Scumbag, the latter of whom is partially responsible for the "death of Spurs culture" (the other half being the biggest 3 retiring). He had one chance to win a championship and age + Scumbag wetting the bed cost them in '16.

Though not for altruistic reasons, he was the one in prime star who took the plunge. Better than quitting entirely on that same WCF team, hiding cross country, exaggerating an injury, having his uncle speak for him through the media, then unwittingly falling into a contrived/tainted championship.

He wasn't going to determine the Nets fate either way.

Not a chance, alt Harlem. Maybe for a wannabe franchise like the Raptors, not a prestigious one like this.

Aldridge has a strong case as the 7th best Spur of all-time, but I wouldn't retire his jersey. I'd have only retired the top 5 to begin with.

Every franchise in the "big 4" should have a "Ring of Honor" and that's where him + the others (minus Scumbag) should reside.

I didn't know Kurgan was another Harlem alt but thanks for notifying me he is. I'll know not to waste time with Harlem's millionth alt.

PhantomDashCam
04-15-2021, 04:43 PM
A devastating turn of events and an extremely sad way to end an illustrious career.
I’m glad that his condition was determined early and hopefully it will not impact his life detrimentally post basketball.

I remember refreshing the FA thread every minute or so when word started to leak that he may sign with SA.
The photos and snippets of video showing Pop and TD meeting with LaMarcus at that restaurant etc. - couldn’t believe he was signing with us.

Some great years here, the prime of your career - thanks for giving SA a legitimate contender in the age of GS dominance.

Sorry you could not end the game and career you loved on your own terms.

Thanks for all the memories LMA. :clap

tbdog
04-15-2021, 04:51 PM
Technically LMA number is already retired as Bowen.

timtonymanu
04-15-2021, 04:55 PM
If he had been here a lot longer, you could make that case. It makes about as much sense as putting Bonner or Patty’s jersey up there (role players that spent most of their careers on this team). We already have others Spurs on the rafters that really shouldn’t be there, LMA shouldn’t be added to that lol.

Seventyniner
04-15-2021, 05:02 PM

Going solely by those whose jerseys are retired I'd go with no (Moore, Silas, Gervin, Elliott, Robinson, Avery, Bowen, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker), albeit barely. Aldridge probably did more for the franchise than Bowen did, and not much less than Avery imo.

This might be blasphemy around here, but I don't think Avery or Bowen deserved a jersey retirement. I guess I wouldn't mind a #12 up there with both names.

timtonymanu
04-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Going solely by those whose jerseys are retired I'd go with no (Moore, Silas, Gervin, Elliott, Robinson, Avery, Bowen, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker), albeit barely. Aldridge probably did more for the franchise than Bowen did, and not much less than Avery imo.

This might be blasphemy around here, but I don't think Avery or Bowen deserved a jersey retirement. I guess I wouldn't mind a #12 up there with both names.

Avery for sure. I don’t mind Bowen since he was essentially the “4th” guy and important on those 3 title teams. But I also understand people saying he wasn’t worthy of a jersey retirement either.

KingKev
04-15-2021, 05:13 PM

Bowen was an integral part of multiple championship teams. Avery I won’t argue.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 05:21 PM

We don’t win those 3 championships in 2003,2005,2007 without Bowen. He kept Kobe so busy trying to score that he was unable to both score and distribute like he did against most teams. We signed Bowen for < $1M, and he made All D, the first of 7 straight for us, the last 5 being first team. He never made much more than $4M, and made Ray Allen cry and reveal what a little bitch he truly was. He had more balls than 95% of the guys who’ve put on a Spurs jersey, and his jersey absolutely belongs in the rafters.

Chillen
04-15-2021, 05:46 PM
Sad news but I guess he had to choose health and wellness over possibly dropping dead on the court if his ticker went out. Nothing to mess around with. He was playing well with Nets to.

Always a chance though he comes out of retirement if this clears up or surgery is done but it's probably over.

Thanks LMA!

MultiTroll
04-15-2021, 05:49 PM
I didn't know Kurgan was another Harlem alt but thanks for notifying me he is. I'll know not to waste time with Harlem's millionth alt.
What is the motive?
More "hits" -regardless of how gotten....equals more ad revenue?

Seeing one's profile names inspires arousal which leads to Jergens sessions?

MultiTroll
04-15-2021, 05:51 PM
Wow, when paired with another 20 point scorer the very next year in 2019, along with the GOAT coach the wins total must have really soared.
Oh, 48.

Kurgan
04-15-2021, 05:53 PM

Anyone that doesn't like Aldridge's game is a Harlem alt according to TD21.

exstatic
04-15-2021, 05:54 PM
Sad news but I guess he had to choose health and wellness over possibly dropping dead on the court if his ticker went out. Nothing to mess around with. He was playing well with Nets to.

Always a chance though he comes out of retirement if this clears up or surgery is done but it's probably over.

Thanks LMA!

This is at least his third episode. Known to have had at least one in Portland. Known to have had at least one in SA.

He’s done.

MultiTroll
04-15-2021, 05:59 PM
For all the grief I've given him... It's not so serious as to with I'll on his health... I'm mad that he ever became a spur and glad he is gone... I will not look back in fondness on his time here, but wish him good health and a great life going further
Yeah i was also burning on him for his Denver playoff quit and subsequent interview. :lmao

But maybe in the moment he was feeling all kinds of pressure and thought it best for the game to end then and there vs risk heart attack.
Leader Patty's astute court awareness and CIA Pops having no sign to foul were part of the uber fail.

Glad his coatailing with the Nyets came to an end. Altho i read he can still get a fake ring? :rollin
Regardless glad he is able to walk away.

Slippy
04-15-2021, 06:42 PM
Glad he ended up with the nets and got to play his old way before retirement. The few Dumbfuk spurs fans begrudging this guy for wanting to continue playing the game we all love and win a title . You most likely never touched a basketball before.

All the best in retirement lamarcus.

bdictjames
04-15-2021, 07:29 PM
Thank you Lamarcus.

Rummpd
04-15-2021, 07:29 PM
Right call and good luck in retirement

daslicer
04-15-2021, 07:53 PM
We don’t win those 3 championships in 2003,2005,2007 without Bowen. He kept Kobe so busy trying to score that he was unable to both score and distribute like he did against most teams. We signed Bowen for < $1M, and he made All D, the first of 7 straight for us, the last 5 being first team. He never made much more than $4M, and made Ray Allen cry and reveal what a little bitch he truly was. He had more balls than 95% of the guys who’ve put on a Spurs jersey, and his jersey absolutely belongs in the rafters.

Don't forget about him making Kobe cry in game 6 in '03. That '03 series was fun in the sense he drove Kobe nuts especially when he outplayed him in game 2.

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear and hope the Nets win it all, so he'll get a ring. It would be a fit ending to a great career.

Let's not go that far. It would mean Harden getting a ring after the faggotry he pulled in Houston. Already bad enough to see #2 do that shit.

SpurPadre
04-15-2021, 08:32 PM
It was entirely possible he would’ve got a ring in 17 hadn’t kawhi got Zaza’d

And in '18 or '19 if Load Management wasn't a horrible human being and didn't nuke the franchise.

spurs10
04-15-2021, 08:37 PM
Let's not go that far. It would mean Harden getting a ring after the faggotry he pulled in Houston. Already bad enough to see #2 do that shit. Yeah I hear you...at least there would one positive thing in the Nets ringing. As much as I don't like Harden, he'll never reach #2 level of douchebaggism to me.

Chillen
04-15-2021, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Nets go hard after Cousins now with LMA retiring. Clips will try to get him back with another 10 day.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 08:47 PM
Yeah I hear you...at least there would one positive thing in the Nets ringing. As much as I don't like Harden, he'll never reach #2 level of douchebaggism to me.

Agreed. Harden had no chance of winning a title on the Rockets this season. I felt Kawhi could have won another title with the Spurs but decided he wasn't going to do so.

Chillen
04-15-2021, 08:52 PM
The good news for Nets is they still have enough to potentially win it all this season if healthy. It's going to harder though without LMA.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 08:54 PM
Let's not go that far. It would mean Harden getting a ring after the faggotry he pulled in Houston. Already bad enough to see #2 do that shit.

The Lakers/Clippers/Nets are filled with mercenaries. Lakers with AD/Lebron,Nets big 3, Clippers with Kawhi/PG. Out of the 3 I prefer the Nets to win it all.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 08:55 PM
The good news for Nets is they still have enough to potentially win it all this season if healthy. It's going to harder though without LMA.

Agreed. If their big 3 can play at a high level together I do believe they will still win it all.

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 09:57 PM
The Lakers/Clippers/Nets are filled with mercenaries. Lakers with AD/Lebron,Nets big 3, Clippers with Kawhi/PG. Out of the 3 I prefer the Nets to win it all.

I'm rooting Phoenix all the way this year with Philly my second choice. Clippers obviously last choice.

RD2191
04-15-2021, 10:01 PM
I'm rooting Phoenix all the way this year with Philly my second choice. Clippers obviously last choice.
Permaban

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 10:03 PM
Permaban

I didn't say rooting Utah

ElNono
04-15-2021, 10:04 PM
Permaban

calm down, Rob, you have a hearth condition and shit

baseline bum
04-15-2021, 10:09 PM
I don't see what's so bad about the Suns ringing. It's been nearly 30 years since Barkley shut down Hemisfair, I'm over it. That was the last win they ever got against the Spurs that meant shit.

Gibbz
04-15-2021, 10:28 PM
I really don't like the Suns cause they have a severe little brother complex when it comes to SA. To this day they think they were on the verge of a dynasty if Horry didn't put a hip into the Nash flop. I'd still pull for them over either LA, Dallas, or Utah, though.

timtonymanu
04-15-2021, 11:13 PM
I hope Philly wins so Danny can luck his way into a 4th ring. :lol

Unfortunately knowing how the NBA works, it’s gonna be one of the LA teams or Brooklyn winning again, and it’s gonna be a lesser of two evils kind of thing.

Fuck the Nets. Durant has always been a front running faggot and I hate to see him win again. Kyrie and Harden are Nephew 2.0 and are the reason why nba stars today are so bitchmade.

daslicer
04-15-2021, 11:55 PM

I'm for anybody but the LA teams. It would be cool to see Phoenix or Philly win it all since none of their star players have won a ring yet.

Obi Juan Kenobi
04-16-2021, 12:15 AM
Enjoy your retirement LaMarcus!!!

Heal up and take care of yourself...thanks for the memories!!!

daslicer
04-16-2021, 12:20 AM
I hope Philly wins so Danny can luck his way into a 4th ring. :lol

Unfortunately knowing how the NBA works, it’s gonna be one of the LA teams or Brooklyn winning again, and it’s gonna be a lesser of two evils kind of thing.

Fuck the Nets. Durant has always been a front running faggot and I hate to see him win again. Kyrie and Harden are Nephew 2.0 and are the reason why nba stars today are so bitchmade.

Green doing a 3 peat on 3 different teams would be pretty funny. I don't think that has ever happened before in NBA history.

I definitely have the Nets, and one of the two LA teams going to the finals. Looking at how the refs call the game along with the talent on those 3 teams I think they will be there in the finals unfortunately. For me the Nets are the least hateable and my preference out of the 3. I hate the Lakers, don't like Lebron/AD and their fan base, really want the Lebron era to end in the NBA. I obvious can't root for the Clippers since they have Kawhi.

Rooting for the Nets is the easiest choice. I agree Durant is a front running faggot but I know even if he wins again he will still have meltdowns online when people still don't respect his championship. Kyrie is a mental basket case loony tune. He's the type of guy even when he wins he will be depressed. I wouldn't be surprise after winning a title to see him do something radical such as wearing a turban and claiming he is some spiritual leader. Harden to me is just meh. We'll probably just see him blow a 100K at the strip club after winning. I don't see any of the Nets big 3 getting a huge push from the media legacy wise.

I do see Lebron running his mouth if he wins again screaming 24/7 along with media support "I'm the GOAT. I'm the GOAT." I also don't like Davis in my eyes he's cut from the same mold as Harden but he's also a bigtime front runner. Seeing Kawhi win with the Clippers would be insufferable. The hype he got in '19 would comeback again. Kawhi,Lebron would get legacy boosts from the media if they win it all.

daboom1
04-16-2021, 01:43 AM
Wasn't that the same thing that made Oberto retire?

LMA was soft and a diva. Probably set us back developmentally for at least 4 years. He won't be missed.

LeBowen
04-16-2021, 08:06 AM
Wow, when paired with another 20 point scorer the very next year in 2019, along with the GOAT coach the wins total must have really soared.
Oh, 48.

That tells you more about Demar than LMA.

Kyle+Danny > Demar.

duncan2k5
04-16-2021, 08:33 AM

Huh? Y'all are sad

duncan2k5
04-16-2021, 08:35 AM

Stuck it out? He had no choice... What do u mean? Spurs gave him a max contract extension the summer that he demanded a trade after choking in the wcf

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-16-2021, 10:14 AM
Stuck it out? He had no choice... What do u mean? Spurs gave him a max contract extension the summer that he demanded a trade after choking in the wcf

Well, at least he didn't sit out the season and hide in New York.

BatManu20
04-16-2021, 11:13 AM
That's how I found out tbh. Started with shortness of breath after a long day of work and tachycardia over the next few days. I finally went to the hospital after 2 days of tachycardia not letting up. Fuck. It was scary as shit. They kept asking me what drugs on I was on and shit. I was like I'm afraid to take a Tylenol. I'm not on any fucking drugs. :lol

Damn yea that’s scary shit. Glad you made it out alive hombre. This board wouldn’t be the same without you :lol

Leetonidas
04-16-2021, 11:38 AM

how come you never call out Kawhi for doing basically the same thing. sitting out, ruining his trade value, choking in the 13', 15', and 16' playoffs, etc

btw i'd hardly call losing to the 73-9 warriors after Kawhi went down "choking." the entire team focused on stopping LMA at that point and GS was an elite defensive team. who was going to save us? Simmons? Kyle Anderson? :lmao

MultiTroll
04-16-2021, 11:41 AM
That tells you more about Demar than LMA.

Kyle+Danny > Demar.
meh Gasol was dropping 50% fg and an excellent 53% on treys in 2016-17 when MVP Kawhi was getting him looks left and right.
Gasol 35% in 17-18 when Muh Touches took over.

Coinkydink?

cd98
04-16-2021, 07:57 PM
Can you imagine if we traded him and he retired with the heart condition? It would look like the Spurs traded him knowing the heart condition.

RD2191
04-16-2021, 08:24 PM

calm down, Rob, you have a hearth condition and shit
:rollin

RD2191
04-16-2021, 08:25 PM

Damn yea that’s scary shit. Glad you made it out alive hombre. This board wouldn’t be the same without you :lol
Thanks man, I appreciate it. :sombrero:

MackAttack003
04-18-2021, 12:10 AM

you're fuckin soft, charmin.

duncan2k5
04-18-2021, 05:33 AM
Well, at least he didn't sit out the season and hide in New York.

Nah...he just did it straight to our face and hid out in texas

duncan2k5
04-18-2021, 05:37 AM
how come you never call out Kawhi for doing basically the same thing. sitting out, ruining his trade value, choking in the 13', 15', and 16' playoffs, etc

btw i'd hardly call losing to the 73-9 warriors after Kawhi went down "choking." the entire team focused on stopping LMA at that point and GS was an elite defensive team. who was going to save us? Simmons? Kyle Anderson? :lmao

I don't call out Kawhi for the same thing because Kawhi never wanted to leave because of his touches or because he felt the team wasn't good enough...and when he played, he balled out and didn't pout in the court like LMA...he had a legitimate gripe with being called a pussy from someone in the front office...before u say they were right, this happened early in the season BEFORE it looked like he was sitting out... It's the thing that caused him to not want to play... Because remember he DID start to play and Pop eventually sat him after 9 games

Dejounte
04-18-2021, 09:56 AM
I don't call out Kawhi for the same thing because Kawhi never wanted to leave because of his touches or because he felt the team wasn't good enough...and when he played, he balled out and didn't pout in the court like LMA...he had a legitimate gripe with being called a pussy from someone in the front office...before u say they were right, this happened early in the season BEFORE it looked like he was sitting out... It's the thing that caused him to not want to play... Because remember he DID start to play and Pop eventually sat him after 9 games

Once again, there's no fucking proof that Kawhi was called a pussy. You're running off pure message board gossip. This is as bad as when you celebrated DeMar's grieving when his father passed away.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-18-2021, 01:22 PM
Nah...he just did it straight to our face and hid out in texas

Your defense of Kawhi is awesome. If someone single handedly sank my favorite franchise I’d be pissed. But that wasn’t Kawhi, that was Pop for not sucking Kawhi’s pee-pee a little better.

Pop probably should have hired you as a consultant on the matter because you seem to be a pro at it.

Leetonidas
04-18-2021, 02:32 PM

You have no clue whether that even happened and you're running with it like it's fact :lol

ismael-robert
04-18-2021, 06:41 PM
Timvp already said that's not what went down

heyheymymy
04-01-2023, 08:45 AM

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2023, 03:14 PM
LaMarcus's re-retirement this past week was pretty funny. The retirement announcement that no one knew or cared about. The Tom Brady reference he put on his social media post was laughable. A legend in his own mind. It's kind of sad he'll be in the HOF since he's a member of the 20K Point Club when his career marked by nothing but underachievement.

heyheymymy
04-05-2023, 03:20 PM
lol I had to search for this thread

exstatic
04-05-2023, 03:24 PM
Pure talent, but a mental softee.

lefty
04-05-2023, 03:47 PM
Scoring jumpers with LMA in 2K was pretty fun tbh

CGD
04-05-2023, 08:22 PM
It's cruel how this league is and how few will remember this guy in 5 years. I think of guys considered stars like Dwight, Carmelo, Stoudemire, and Deron Williams, who will be forgotten soon because they couldn't take their teams to the finish line. LMA, Blake Griffin next up