PDA

View Full Version : If You Were our General Manager would you....

NK123
04-20-2021, 01:10 PM
- Trade DeMar for Pascal Siakam?

- Siakam has the type of contract DeMar would sign and he is a natural 4.

- He is mostly what we want we want Luka to be.

- Pascal is not happy in Toronto and DeMar is loved in there (more than here).

- I would not do this deal. I like DeMar as a player and as a person.

- Pascal could be more impactful than John Collins and Markkanen. He is a good defender and a decent low post scorer.

- Would you do it?

exstatic
04-20-2021, 01:14 PM
Moot. Toronto wouldn’t do it.

And yes, I couldn’t sign the paperwork fast enough on this deal.

sananspursfan21
04-20-2021, 01:16 PM
They’re not trading Siakam for Derozan.

Leetonidas
04-20-2021, 01:17 PM
Every single GM in the NBA would take Siakam for DeRozan

Not a single GM in the NBA would trade Siakam for DeRozan

KobesAchilles
04-20-2021, 01:18 PM
I'd do whatever Pop tells me to do

Dejounte
04-20-2021, 01:40 PM

- Pascal could be more impactful than John Collins and Markkanen. He is a good defender and a decent low post scorer.

- Would you do it?

Every poster on this board has a certain style of writing, but you sir, have an interesting one.

MultiTroll
04-20-2021, 01:48 PM
And yes, I couldn’t sign the paperwork fast enough on this deal.

spurraider21
04-20-2021, 01:51 PM
no shit, but would never happen

The Truth #6
04-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Just to push the conversation in an interesting direction, would anyone throw in Lonnie to do this deal?

slick'81
04-20-2021, 02:04 PM
Spurs are the only team in the nba trading for derozan

NK123
04-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Every poster on this board has a certain style of writing, but you sir, have an interesting one.

:bobo

mo7888
04-20-2021, 02:35 PM

- Would you do it?

Straight-up...sure... but Toronto wouldn't do that....if the relationship there has soured to the point that they would move him it would take more than DDR S&T...

RC_Drunkford
04-20-2021, 02:39 PM
everybody with a brain would do it. Which is exactly why Toronto won't

lebomb
04-20-2021, 02:52 PM
I would trade 2 Demars for 1/3 of a Siakam.

Dex
04-20-2021, 02:57 PM
As long as we are living in a fantasy world, I would trade DeRozan for Doncic, or Jokic, or Giannis, or Jesus.

Dex
04-20-2021, 02:57 PM
I would trade 2 Demars for 1/3 of a Siakam.

Which third?

r0drig0lac
04-20-2021, 03:57 PM
They’re not trading Siakam for Derozan.

/thread

K...
04-20-2021, 04:00 PM
A good way to read spurstalk trade ideas is to add "plus two unrestricted first round draft picks". The trades usually make sense with that correction.

EasyMoney
04-20-2021, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry, who said pascal was not happy in Toronto?

Why would toronto trade him for a 33 year old Demar?l

Sugus
04-20-2021, 06:06 PM
Just to push the conversation in an interesting direction, would anyone throw in Lonnie to do this deal?

Let's play.

Yeah, it still would be a steal of a trade for SanAn - Lonnie, while an intriguing prospect (and I'm higher on him than most posters on this board), remains extremely unproven and a question mark that has the possibility to not even become a consistent starter long-term; DeRozan's flaws speak for themselves. Siakam, on the other hand, while limited in some ways and not someone I'd build a team around, is much more proven, a player capable of being a #2 on a championship team, and a very modern two-way big whose skillset will always be in demand, especially in this modern league. Not to mention he's still relatively young and hasn't visibly reached his ceiling, whilst DeRozan is pretty evidently already at his (or past his, if we're talking athleticism) and hardly getting better, instead worse and older.

I think even DeMar + Lonnie + FRPs still gets a bounce from Toronto, and with good reason. They could turn Siakam into better prospects and/or more picks, especially if they sold him to a desperate team hoping for that final push (for example, Jrue got a damn solid package back from MWK, better than our package would be IMO). Given Toronto's stage of rebuilding, DeRozan is virtually worthless to them in any scenario, whilst Siakam remains their biggest asset should he be shipped off.

Rosewood
04-20-2021, 06:47 PM
Every poster on this board has a certain style of writing, but you sir, have an interesting one. :lol

R. DeMurre
04-20-2021, 07:11 PM
I would trade DeRozan for Chris Boucher, Siakam's back up.

The Truth #6
04-20-2021, 07:35 PM
Let's play.

Yeah, it still would be a steal of a trade for SanAn - Lonnie, while an intriguing prospect (and I'm higher on him than most posters on this board), remains extremely unproven and a question mark that has the possibility to not even become a consistent starter long-term; DeRozan's flaws speak for themselves. Siakam, on the other hand, while limited in some ways and not someone I'd build a team around, is much more proven, a player capable of being a #2 on a championship team, and a very modern two-way big whose skillset will always be in demand, especially in this modern league. Not to mention he's still relatively young and hasn't visibly reached his ceiling, whilst DeRozan is pretty evidently already at his (or past his, if we're talking athleticism) and hardly getting better, instead worse and older.

I think even DeMar + Lonnie + FRPs still gets a bounce from Toronto, and with good reason. They could turn Siakam into better prospects and/or more picks, especially if they sold him to a desperate team hoping for that final push (for example, Jrue got a damn solid package back from MWK, better than our package would be IMO). Given Toronto's stage of rebuilding, DeRozan is virtually worthless to them in any scenario, whilst Siakam remains their biggest asset should he be shipped off.

I suppose I was curious to see if there were any diehard Lonnie supporters still out there. But yeah, they're not obviously going for that trade. It will be interesting to see if Spicy P forces his way to a coastal team. It would be a sad, fitting denouement to their title team.

talkspurs
04-20-2021, 08:33 PM
I would trade DeRozan for Chris Boucher, Siakam's back up.

This is who we should go after.

SAGirl
04-20-2021, 08:52 PM
Would anybody trade Kawhi for Demar?

bad joke? This was easy pickings.

MarCowMar
04-20-2021, 11:47 PM
We'd have to include assets to make it work, but it would have been a fun trade to explore at the beginning of the season.

As it stands now DeRozan is gonna walk at season's end and sign wherever he can get the most $. What a mess of a trade.

John B
04-21-2021, 03:57 AM
If nephew didn't fuck us up, Spurs could've had Siakam instead of Poodle. So fuck you Kawhi.
The answer is yes.

LCM
04-21-2021, 03:07 PM
Let's say Cleveland is at pick 6 or 7 after the lottery, just miss the top 5. The Spurs are between 12-14. Would Cleveland be interested in a pick swap with Spurs to get Love off their cap and a 30+ mill TPE? Then would Spurs use that 6/7 pick + Walker/White/Murray for one of the top 5 picks? My target would be Kuminga. I don't think teams drafting Cunningham, Mobley, Green, or Suggs would trade out, but Kuminga might be had for the right price. Love's contact also ends going into the FA Class of 2023.

Add a Kevin Love at the 4 and a Kuminga and Samanic coming off the bench at the 3 and 4 with this team. As GM, even though I really like his game, I'd trade Lonnie and picks to make it work.

Murray, Vassell, KJ, Love, Poeltl (Love plays with Allen, he can play with Poeltl)
Jones, White, Kuminga, Samanic, Dieng (resign)

Reserves - KBD, Eubanks, Patty (?) (Only for way less salary and minutes)

Lots of people are iffy or don't want Markkanen. Collins may be a pipe dream where Atlanta would match. Would you go after Love, and the last two years of his contract, if you can get Cleveland's draft pick to help put a package together for the opportunity of drafting Kuminga, or anyone else in the top 5 of this draft. Love also fills the need for stretch 4, three point shooting, can get 10 rebounds a night, will pass the ball, and gives way more spacing to the offense in the SL than DeRozen.

EasyMoney
04-21-2021, 05:25 PM
Let's say Cleveland is at pick 6 or 7 after the lottery, just miss the top 5. The Spurs are between 12-14. Would Cleveland be interested in a pick swap with Spurs to get Love off their cap and a 30+ mill TPE? Then would Spurs use that 6/7 pick + Walker/White/Murray for one of the top 5 picks? My target would be Kuminga. I don't think teams drafting Cunningham, Mobley, Green, or Suggs would trade out, but Kuminga might be had for the right price. Love's contact also ends going into the FA Class of 2023.

Add a Kevin Love at the 4 and a Kuminga and Samanic coming off the bench at the 3 and 4 with this team. As GM, even though I really like his game, I'd trade Lonnie and picks to make it work.

Murray, Vassell, KJ, Love, Poeltl (Love plays with Allen, he can play with Poeltl)
Jones, White, Kuminga, Samanic, Dieng (resign)

Reserves - KBD, Eubanks, Patty (?) (Only for way less salary and minutes)

Lots of people are iffy or don't want Markkanen. Collins may be a pipe dream where Atlanta would match. Would you go after Love, and the last two years of his contract, if you can get Cleveland's draft pick to help put a package together for the opportunity of drafting Kuminga, or anyone else in the top 5 of this draft. Love also fills the need for stretch 4, three point shooting, can get 10 rebounds a night, will pass the ball, and gives way more spacing to the offense in the SL than DeRozen.

No. Love has only played 14 games this year. Unless Cleveland gives up 5 draft picks he's not going anywhere