PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Wizards game

Mavs<Spurs
11-12-2005, 07:22 AM
Last night was, perhaps, our best victory so far.

Tim and Tony rocked. Tim is playing awesome this season and Tony has stepped up his game in a major way.

I liked this game because it was a solid victory on the road against a team that made the playoffs last year and might make it again this year. Our defense was very good and we were focused.

If we play the Wizards like this, we will win.

Jamison and Arenas. Tough combination. I haven't watched them much this year, but from what people are saying they are playing good ball. They may be the best team we face on this road trip.

Too bad we have so many injuries. Tim and Tony will have to continue to shoulder the burden like they did last night. Manu will need to score at least 12-15 points, Bruce 8, Rasho/Nazr 10 pts, Horry 8-10, NVE 10, Tim and Tony 50. With our injuries (Manu less effective (less scoring), Finley and Barry), I am concerned about our offensive production.

The key matchup is Arenas - Parker, no? TP is motivated to show that he is faster than Arenas and the better player.

Sometimes it is hard for the Spurs to handle success. I think I might actually favor the Wizards tonight. We have the better talent, but with injuries, being on the road and the blowout last night and the fact that our new players are still getting to know everyone and the sets, I could see the Wizards winning this.

However, if we play like we are capable (like last night), then we should win.

It will be interesting.

:fro

KEDA
11-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Finley was in a suit along with Brent.

so, yes, he made the trip.

1Parker1
11-12-2005, 10:27 AM
This is going to be an awesome game! :elephant. I am more excited to see how the newly improved Tony Parker does against Arenas, especially since Arenas has been playing awesome this season also. If Parker struggles, this is the game that I expect Manu to come out of nowhere and be his last-season self. :)

1Parker1
11-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I didn't catch a timeline on his injury I was assuming he is day to day.

Pop said Brent and Finley may be back Tuesday agains the Hawks.

smeagol
11-12-2005, 10:54 AM
This is going to be an awesome game! :elephant. I am more excited to see how the newly improved Tony Parker does against Arenas, especially since Arenas has been playing awesome this season also. If Parker struggles, this is the game that I expect Manu to come out of nowhere and be his last-season self. :)
:tu

DisplacedSpursFan
11-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Pop said Brent and Finley may be back Tuesday agains the Hawks.

Then you might as well keep them out until the Houston game on Thursday.

boutons
11-12-2005, 12:01 PM
"keep them out until the Houston game on Thursday."

yep, just keep them in shape.

McGrady should be back.

Solid D
11-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Tony could easily have a 30-point game tonight. The Spurs clobbered the Wizards in San Antonio last year, with Jamison having a horrible day, but in Washington, the Spurs had to go without Timmy and lost. Tim, Rasho and Nazr need to step up their physical game, defend (sag) the lane and more importantly, box-out against the garbage putbacks.

Will Jarvis Hayes get hot?

boutons
11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
and during the Spurs timeouts, some good, evenly matched games tonight, none on nat TV, all on NBA LP.

Sat 12
San Antonio @ Washington
Dallas @ New Orleans/Okla Cty (NO has been surprised a couple teams )
Indiana @ Milwaukee ( is MIL really better this year?)
Utah @ Chicago (2 scrappy teams)
Golden State @ Phoenix (can PHX ever win @PHX? )