PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Kevin Love purposely gives turnover to other team

MultiTroll
04-27-2021, 02:23 PM
You're GM / manager.
Not the initial bat off the basket support. Keep watching till the :50 mark onward.
Whaddaya gonna do?

https://youtu.be/uEoQu4jBPTg?t=52

Kevin Love roasted on Twitter for bad inbound ball play | wkyc.com (https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nba/cavaliers/kevin-love-inbound-tap-cleveland-cavaliers-vs-toronto-raptors/95-e8e76280-1d94-4be7-a947-7661677b447e)

MultiTroll
04-27-2021, 02:28 PM

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 03:11 PM
The referee(s) should've blown the whistle. Love never had control of the ball for the play to start.
Terrible officiating.

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 03:13 PM
You're GM / manager.
Whaddaya gonna do?

Probably nothing. He's a good top player to have while tanking.

baseline bum
04-27-2021, 03:23 PM
$30 million dollars a year and too lazy to inbound the fucking ball :lol

Kim Jong-il
04-27-2021, 04:52 PM
Doing something that blatant should be grounds to have your contract terminated regardless of guarantees.

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 05:27 PM
Doing something that blatant should be grounds to have your contract terminated regardless of guarantees.

The players association would never accept that.

LkrFan
04-28-2021, 05:49 AM
The referee(s) should've blown the whistle. Love never had control of the ball for the play to start.
Terrible officiating.

So predictable :lol What if LBJ did that? :downspin:

Pelicans78
04-28-2021, 06:03 AM
He’s a horrible person using his mental illness to garner sympathy.

Pelicans78
04-28-2021, 06:04 AM
Reporter: “Kevin what happened on the inbounds play?”

Mental midget: “I’m having a bad day. I don’t feel well.”

KobesAchilles
04-28-2021, 10:30 AM
Yeah when the ref tosses you the ball for the throw in and you just bat it away, it doesn't matter if he didn't have control of the ball. The ball was given to him for the throw in and for him to control it and he just decided to be stupid.

Neo.
04-28-2021, 10:48 AM
lol derp always bashing on the modern generations of basketball players for being "soft" then proceeds to defend a mentally soft player doing a supremely mentally soft action who happens to be white :rollin

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:29 AM
So predictable :lol What if LBJ did that? :downspin:

You mad I'm calling out the ref on not following the rule, dawg?

Or you just bringing it back to your Lebron fetish?

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:31 AM
Yeah when the ref tosses you the ball for the throw in and you just bat it away, it doesn't matter if he didn't have control of the ball. The ball was given to him for the throw in and for him to control it and he just decided to be stupid.

Actually it does. If he doesn't have control, the play hasn't started. The ref could've called delay of game; but that's the rules, son.

KobesAchilles
04-28-2021, 11:37 AM
Actually it does. If he doesn't have control, the play hasn't started. The ref could've called delay of game; but that's the rules, son.
No it's not the rule. Once the ref tosses it at you that's when the inbound pass starts. If he juggled it or something then I can see your point. But him hitting the ball is him having control of it.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 12:11 PM
No it's not the rule. Once the ref tosses it at you that's when the inbound pass starts. If he juggled it or something then I can see your point. But him hitting the ball is him having control of it.

You can't make stupid sh** up just cos you lost the argument.

A ref hands a player out of bounds the ball and he fails to control it and "drops" it. What does the ref call?

KobesAchilles
04-28-2021, 12:18 PM
You can't make stupid sh** up just cos you lost the argument.

A ref hands a player out of bounds the ball and he fails to control it and "drops" it. What does the ref call?
But he very clearly DIDN'T drop it. He hit it. If he dropped it then your argument holds water. But the first line in the rulebook says "The throw-in starts when the ball is given to the player entitled to the throw-in." The ref gave Kevin Love the ball and Kevin was a dick about it and the ref was just like ok if you want to act that way that's fine, ball is in play.

Neo.
04-28-2021, 12:36 PM
by derps theory, then players would literally never have to dribble and instead could just volleyball the ball up and down the court since an intentional slap of the ball in a desired direction doesn't count as "control" :rollin

Biggems
04-28-2021, 01:04 PM
If I were the coach, I would have not only benched him, but sent him to the showers immediately.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:18 PM
But he very clearly DIDN'T drop it. He hit it. If he dropped it then your argument holds water. But the first line in the rulebook says "The throw-in starts when the ball is given to the player entitled to the throw-in." The ref gave Kevin Love the ball and Kevin was a dick about it and the ref was just like ok if you want to act that way that's fine, ball is in play.

So you think there's a rule that gauges intent? There is not. The inbounder either has the ball in his possession or he doesn't for the play to start.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:20 PM
by derps theory, then players would literally never have to dribble and instead could just volleyball the ball up and down the court since an intentional slap of the ball in a desired direction doesn't count as "control" :rollin

How would that happen unless the player takes control first?

Don't let the hate guide you; it just makes you an even shittier poster.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 12:22 AM
How would that happen unless the player takes control first?

Don't let the hate guide you; it just makes you an even shittier poster.

if the ball is passed to someone, then they could just volley it up and down the court

no different than the ref passing it to the inbounder

you can't possibly be this retarded can you

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 12:40 AM
if the ball is passed to someone, then they could just volley it up and down the court

no different than the ref passing it to the inbounder

you can't possibly be this retarded can you

Don't play a 'stupid' card you don't have, slob.

Yea, I'm supposed to just imagine you meant a teammate lobbing a ball and a player spiking a basketball 90 feet. :lolK

As it is, the rule is established. I've seen referees blow plays dead time and time again when the inbounder does not first establish control.
This should've been no different. Terrible officiating as I said.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 09:55 AM
Don't play a 'stupid' card you don't have, slob.

Yea, I'm supposed to just imagine you meant a teammate lobbing a ball and a player spiking a basketball 90 feet. :lolK

As it is, the rule is established. I've seen referees blow plays dead time and time again when the inbounder does not first establish control.
This should've been no different. Terrible officiating as I said.

so then since slapping a ball does not establish control, would not a player theoretically be able to volley a ball up and down the court without ever having to dribble? im simply presenting the theory behind your claims, these are not my claims at all.

Mark Celibate
04-29-2021, 10:08 AM

:lol I remember some smart@ss at the rec center doing that when I was a kid and claimed the same thing that "he never had control". Dude was an autistic genius so nobody could really question him on it

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:04 PM
so then since slapping a ball does not establish control, would not a player theoretically be able to volley a ball up and down the court without ever having to dribble? im simply presenting the theory behind your claims, these are not my claims at all.

In your asperslob scenario, the inbound is not official. Glad we could settle that. Important stuff.

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:04 PM
:lol I remember some smart@ss at the rec center doing that when I was a kid and claimed the same thing that "he never had control". Dude was an autistic genius so nobody could really question him on it

These the same people that throw the ball against the wall to themselves because they don't want to share the ball.

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:06 PM

Even Cav player walking after the fact and calling to the ref, "Bro, that's not an inbound."

Neo.
04-29-2021, 03:24 PM
In your asperslob scenario, the inbound is not official. Glad we could settle that. Important stuff.

there was nothing mentioned about an inbound in my scenario. therefore you didn't answer the question.

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:26 PM
there was nothing mentioned about an inbound in my scenario. therefore you didn't answer the question.

The inbound is the restart. The ball is not in play without it, ya dumb fuck.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 03:38 PM
The inbound is the restart. The ball is not in play without it, ya dumb fuck.

:lmao ok the inbound is not even a part of the scenario, it's obviously implied that the ball has been inbounded

but since your retarded brain can't comprehend that, let's add it

ok the ball is cleanly passed in by the inbounder. the player that receives the inbound decides to volley the ball repeatedly to himself all the way down the court then lays it in without dribbling. is that legal?

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:46 PM
:lmao ok the inbound is not even a part of the scenario, it's obviously implied that the ball has been inbounded

but since your retarded brain can't comprehend that, let's add it

ok the ball is cleanly passed in by the inbounder. the player that receives the inbound decides to volley the ball repeatedly to himself all the way down the court then lays it in without dribbling. is that legal?

Someone needs to Old Yeller your dumb ass at this point.

Why would you just be asking about unrelated scenarios?

I just figured it out as I was asking; you think that something that could conceivably happen in the court of play must surely apply to the inbound setup. You're full-on retard, slob.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 03:49 PM
Someone needs to Old Yeller your dumb ass at this point.

Why would you just be asking about unrelated scenarios?

I just figured it out as I was asking; you think that something that could conceivably happen in the court of play must surely apply to the inbound setup. You're full-on retard, slob.

you still have not answered the question

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 04:10 PM
you still have not answered the question

I don't give a fuck about your question now that I know what you're asking.
There's no correlation to the matter at hand, ya dumb fucking slob.

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 04:13 PM
I'm still sick watching that replay. Kevin Love is proof that white dudes don't belong in the NBA tbh. "The man" even made touch foul = flagrant fouls to increase white dude's unathletic ability to play with vastly superior black athletes.

The frustration with Love was palpable. He is thisclose to being washed.

PS - Luka wouldn't survive 80s basketball. Too much of a whiney wimp.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 04:17 PM
I don't give a fuck about your question now that I know what you're asking.
There's no correlation to the matter at hand, ya dumb fucking slob.

you won't answer it bc you know you're full of crap to begin with

by the rules, if the ball is 'at the players disposal', the ball is live. it's also live if it has been released by the thrower-in. both of those requirements were met in this play, therefore you are wrong. nice try, derp :lmao

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-6-putting-ball-in-play-live-dead-ball/
section II

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 04:42 PM
you won't answer it bc you know you're full of crap to begin with

by the rules, if the ball is 'at the players disposal', the ball is live. it's also live if it has been released by the thrower-in. both of those requirements were met in this play, therefore you are wrong. nice try, derp :lmao

https://official.nba.com/rule-no-6-putting-ball-in-play-live-dead-ball/
section II

By that logic, a defensive player could grab the ball first just so long as it's at the player's disposal.

Slob
04-29-2021, 04:45 PM
https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/2/basketball-and-volleyball-monogram-basketball-volleyball-svg-dxf-eps-file-for-svgs-sports-monogram-t-dominic-loxton.jpg

Neo.
04-29-2021, 04:45 PM
By that logic, a defensive player could grab the ball first just so long as it's at the player's disposal.

maybe maybe not, those aren't my rules

either way

:lmao derp making up stuff to defend whitey :rollin :rollin

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 04:52 PM
maybe maybe not, those aren't my rules

either way

:lmao derp making up stuff to defend whitey :rollin :rollin

You should've kept reading, slob.

Section III—Ball is Alive

The ball becomes alive when:

It is legally tapped by one of the participants of a jump ball
It is released by the thrower-in
It is released by the free throw shooter on a free throw which will remain in play

You can't release a ball that you're not holding.

Neo.
04-29-2021, 04:55 PM
You should've kept reading, slob.

You can't release a ball that you're not holding.

I literally quoted that line you moron

what rule states that the ball must be held with both hands in order to have a proper "release"?

MultiTroll
04-29-2021, 10:52 PM
derp your way anytime the inbounding team wanted dead ball for 5+ more seconds for any reason......der errr errrr just tap the ball back towards the ref.

Denied!

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 11:12 PM
I literally quoted that line you moron

what rule states that the ball must be held with both hands in order to have a proper "release"?

So, you're saying I'm right, moron.

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 11:12 PM
derp your way anytime the inbounding team wanted dead ball for 5+ more seconds for any reason......der errr errrr just tap the ball back towards the ref.

Denied!

Fuck off, fapps. Get some friends.

Neo.
04-30-2021, 02:46 AM
So, you're saying I'm right, moron.

quite the opposite actually

you are the one who needs to prove that holding the ball with two hands constitutes the only form of control or possession for an inbounder, since you were the one questioning the call to begin with. you're the only person I've seen so far to question it. I'd feel pretty confident that if it were truly the wrong call, Love and plenty of other cavs fans and team members would be all over it.

Spurtacular
04-30-2021, 04:29 AM
quite the opposite actually

you are the one who needs to prove that holding the ball with two hands constitutes the only form of control or possession for an inbounder, since you were the one questioning the call to begin with. you're the only person I've seen so far to question it. I'd feel pretty confident that if it were truly the wrong call, Love and plenty of other cavs fans and team members would be all over it.

Nobody said two hands. Don't be moving goalposts, slob.

Neo.
04-30-2021, 08:57 AM
Nobody said two hands. Don't be moving goalposts, slob.

prove that it has to be "held" for it to count as control or possession

Spurtacular
04-30-2021, 01:51 PM
prove that it has to be "held" for it to count as control or possession

It's the precedent. The refs have consistently blew any play dead that the player did not hold the ball to start.
That is your proof. Don't cry too hard.

Neo.
04-30-2021, 05:02 PM
It's the precedent. The refs have consistently blew any play dead that the player did not hold the ball to start.

is that a rule? and wheres the proof?

Spurtacular
04-30-2021, 06:55 PM
is that a rule? and wheres the proof?

It's like common law if nothing else. If you don't get the analogy, I'm not surprised.
You're arguing the person, not the matter. It's sad; but I guess I kicked you're shit in so many times and you're that bitter.

DMC
04-30-2021, 09:14 PM
There goes their title hopes.

Fat Brandon Bass
04-30-2021, 09:33 PM
Wow! He had a lapse in judgement during a moment of frustration in a completely meaningless game?

Cold-blooded incidents like this are why the death penalty exists. This is up there with 9/11 and the Jason Terry nut punch tbh

Neo.
04-30-2021, 11:09 PM
It's like common law if nothing else. If you don't get the analogy, I'm not surprised.
You're arguing the person, not the matter. It's sad; but I guess I kicked you're shit in so many times and you're that bitter.

except it's not a rule at all, therefore it's up to the refs interpretation of the situation as to whether he had possession of it or not when he slapped the ball. based on loves manner and reaction, it was clear that the slap was fully his intent so the ref didn't blow it dead.

nice try derp :td