PDA

View Full Version : NBA: MVP 2021. Real talk who is it?

MultiTroll
04-27-2021, 09:00 PM
Couldn't care less who media picks.
I'm saying who is da real MVP?

Now there is still a dozen games to go, so that's plenty of time for one to outshine another.
Regular season only for this SpursTalk award. We all know the playoffs are different.

What's your list? In somewhat particular order:

Doncic. Guy is very real. Don't give me none of that modern NBA shit.
Tune in tonight for Doncic vs Curry on TNT.

Curry. Lil Phag has been lighting it up all year but especially the last dozen games. Holy F. My early season pick of Embiid just has not been the same since his unfortunate injury. Head to head Embiid faded a few weeks ago and Curry shined.

Joker. Lost Murray, tough blow. Was leading Denver to the Bubble Championship last year but ran into MVP LakerRef along with Mason Plumlee throwing a game. Is a team player, doesn't just go for max points every night.

Embiid. Injury blew. He was the leader. Now, it would take a colossal comeback to overtake the leaders.

Greek Freak. Look, he's steady as hell and he's got another low IQ coach in the guy from that tree.

Zion. Ya, he's getting there but probably another year or two. Twiggy Inghram is not any help on D.

Donovan Mitchell

Kevina Durant. Not enough games so i don't have to explain to you why he's not even close.

Patty Mills. Ok i'm just satisfying the site slurpers. Would be Derozian anyways who reps the Spurs.

Feel free to add any people.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-27-2021, 09:59 PM
probably giannis but i don't see a clear-cut head-and-shoulders-above mvp. giannis plays defense so ...

Texas_Ranger
04-27-2021, 10:23 PM
Jokic will get it. Doncic would also be an option if the mavs were top 4, but theres no way for that, as that team is a joke.
Ohh i see u meant our opinion and not media. Yea, doncic and it not even close.

MultiTroll
04-27-2021, 10:30 PM
probably giannis but i don't see a clear-cut head-and-shoulders-above mvp. giannis plays defense so ...
As Texas_Ranger pointed out, the OP is for whom we think. F the media.
And yes i count Defense also. It's why Pretty Boy Curry etc are by no means an absolute.
If you're down with Greek Freak fine.

Heck i wrote this and got interuppted but want to add Sabonis and some others also. Including in part that very reason, defense.

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 10:42 PM
Whoever NBA marketers decide will make them the most money in one way or another, tbh.

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 10:44 PM
BTW, why no Bradley Beal? He has the same states as Curry.

MultiTroll
04-27-2021, 10:46 PM
Whoever NBA marketers decide will make them the most money in one way or another, tbh.
This is our list.
Give the media phaggots a break.

Yes i meant to list Beal. Carrying that WA team has to be good for something.

Gorbet? No i dunno i have bias i just don't like him. :lol

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 10:47 PM
Yea, Jokic stats are an efficient Westbrookian without all the blatant levels of stat stuffing.

Spurtacular
04-27-2021, 10:48 PM
This is our list.
Give the media phaggots a break.

Yes i meant to list Beal. Carrying that WA team has to be good for something.

Gorbet? No i dunno i have bias i just don't like him. :lol

If there's room for marketers to dominate, it'll happen.
But hard to see them overturning Jokic. Those are Bird-like stats.

TD 21
04-27-2021, 10:55 PM
It was always Jokic. People just can't wrap their head around a player who looks and plays like him being the MVP.

Embiid's superior defense argument doesn't fly when he's played 806 fewer minutes and neither does the superior record argument, as they're now tied, with the Nuggets continuing to have a superior point differential in a deeper conference.

Texas_Ranger
04-27-2021, 10:59 PM
Donovan Mitchell and Devin Booker should finish in top 10, but probably wont. I would not give the MVP to no one from Brooklyn, even if they were healthy the whole season. Just as with Giannis, who is not on the level he was when he won it. Embiid is a good choice, but injuries fucked him. So yea, Jokic will win it and I actually dont mind it.

Neo.
04-27-2021, 11:01 PM
tbh CP3 should get some serious consideration too. his effect has been massively overlooked

R. DeMurre
04-28-2021, 09:17 AM
BTW, why no Bradley Beal? He has the same states as Curry.

Curry's shooting 42.8% from three and 57.2% from two.
Beal is shooting 34.7% from three and 53.9% from two.

Those averages are worlds apart.

Leetonidas
04-28-2021, 10:19 AM
Jokic by a mile. Embiid was close but he missed a decent chunk of time due to injury. Jokic is a lock right now imo

Leetonidas
04-28-2021, 10:20 AM

:lmao :lmao shocker, Derp misinterpreted statistics

Neo.
04-28-2021, 10:41 AM
jokic should get it

steph will definitely get serious consideration, but hes gotta get his team to the 8th or 7th seed for a legit shot to win

luka is still a dark horse, especially if the mavs end up somehow getting to the 5th seed (which probably wont happen since they keep losing to crappy teams while beating good ones)

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:53 AM

Honestly, I was just looking at the Yahoo indicator showing they were both shooting 48 FG.
But yea, there's a discrepancy there.

But this goes to my long-standing point that the three artificially makes players better.
If they were playing hard-nosed basketball with no threes, Beal appears to be the better option.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:54 AM
:lmao :lmao shocker, Derp misinterpreted statistics

Shocker, you jumping in to bite ankles

lefty
04-28-2021, 01:40 PM
Jokic imho

Leetonidas
04-28-2021, 02:42 PM
Shocker, you jumping in to bite ankles

i'd tell you to stick to discussing politics but you clearly dont know jack about basketball or politics. Lol Jimmer lover :lmao

spurraider21
04-28-2021, 02:53 PM
probs jokic

KobesAchilles
04-28-2021, 03:05 PM
Joker or Embiid. I know he got hurt but he still has had a damn impressive season. Interesting though that Donovan is getting no love. Media is treating the Jazz like that one Hawks team that won 60 games and got swept by Lebron. I guess it's on them to show that they are for real

Robz4000
04-28-2021, 05:23 PM
Media really seems to wanna give it to Curry so it wouldn't shock me if he gets it. Should be Jokic of Embiid though imo.

Dirks_Finale
04-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Jokic deserves it and will win it, imo.

Paul would be the #2 behind him.

Luka will win several of these when Mark gets him a #2 that isn't made of glass and can play 5 consecutive games.

Dirks_Finale
04-28-2021, 06:17 PM
Media really seems to wanna give it to Curry so it wouldn't shock me if he gets it. Should be Jokic of Embiid though imo.

Has a guy on a .500 team ever won the MVP? I know MJ was on some shitty teams early on but don't recall if he won it or not.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 08:56 PM
Has a guy on a .500 team ever won the MVP? I know MJ was on some shitty teams early on but don't recall if he won it or not.

MJ's first MVP his team hit 50 wins. Bird was the real winner; but NBA marketing being what it is. Jordan's Bulls only hit 47 wins the next season. I think that may have been the toughest officiating he ever faced b/c they wanted to get Magic an MVP finally.

Aspergtacular
04-29-2021, 09:34 AM
Many people think MJ is the greatest ever....but that's what (((they))) want you to think. Who's the REAL GOAT? Stay tuned on my podcast to find teh real answerz and see what (((they))) aren't telling you!

#OPENTHATTHIRDEYE #STAYWOKE

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Many people think MJ is the greatest ever....but that's what (((they))) want you to think. Who's the REAL GOAT? Stay tuned on my podcast to find teh real answerz and see what (((they))) aren't telling you!

#OPENTHATTHIRDEYE #STAYWOKE

Don't be too butthurt. MJ was just a better version of Kobe. And Kobe ain't even in the GOAT convo.

Rummpd
05-04-2021, 03:50 PM
Don't be too butthurt. MJ was just a better version of Kobe. And Kobe ain't even in the GOAT convo.

Kareem is the GOAT and it is not even close

lefty
05-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Neither is MJ

i'm_still_beta
05-05-2021, 12:23 PM
There's no goat. Different era's have different rules, skillsets, talent pools and etc.

lefty
05-05-2021, 02:25 PM
There's no goat. Different era's have different rules, skillsets, talent pools and etc.
Yep
It's impossible to compare, unless we narrow it down to only 1 criteria which of course would be stupid
Plus it's a team game

But one having a or a few favorite players is ok tbh

i'm_still_beta
05-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Yep
It's impossible to compare, unless we narrow it down to only 1 criteria which of course would be stupid
Plus it's a team game

But one having a or a few favorite players is ok tbh

Hey, Real is playing:lol

lefty
05-05-2021, 02:54 PM
Hey, Real is playing:lol
I know :cry
But it's ok I still have my boy Mahrez in the final :lol

Spurtacular
05-05-2021, 06:29 PM

Not usually for these relativist takes; but it's worthy of consideration nonetheless.

Spurtacular
05-05-2021, 06:31 PM
Neither is MJ

I agree. Bird and Duncan dwarf him.

If MJ had done what he did in the water downed era without referee interference, I'd be willing to consider him in the running; but he didn't.

MultiTroll
05-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Kareem is the GOAT and it is not even close
Why do you put Kream so far ahead of Bill Russel and Wilt?

DAF86
05-06-2021, 01:09 PM
Jokic easily. There shouldn't even be a question.

lefty
05-06-2021, 03:17 PM

If MJ had done what he did in the water downed era without referee interference, I'd be willing to consider him in the running; but he didn't.
True true

lefty
05-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Well duh

lefty
05-06-2021, 03:18 PM
Why do you put Kream so far ahead of Bill Russel and Wilt?
Let's face it , Kream and Wilt were both better players than Russell

MultiTroll
05-06-2021, 04:00 PM

Well duh
Not disagreeing, but for discussions sake and the kids watching at home.....

What does Jokic do that Embiid and Freak are not doing this season?

MultiTroll
05-06-2021, 04:06 PM
Patty Mills.

Joseph Kony
05-06-2021, 04:07 PM

Yeah i'm sure MJ really cares what some autistic Jimmer obsessed faggot thinks of him in the GOAT rankings :lmao

If Derp thinks it, it's guaranteed to be incorrect

lefty
05-06-2021, 06:05 PM
Not disagreeing, but for discussions sake and the kids watching at home.....

What does Jokic do that Embiid and Freak are not doing this season?

I haven’t really paid attention to Embiid or Gianus tbh, I’m biased because Jokic is my favourite player to watch tbh :lol

MultiTroll
05-06-2021, 09:38 PM
Doncic clearly better then Durbetta in tonight's head to head.
Getting teamates invovled. Which btw, Dallas has a pretty scrubby roster and Beanpole Porzi is still out.
Did want to see Doncic go for a few more assists in the 4th to complete the triple double. That having been said, he most definitely baited Durbetta into guarding him too closely and had a couple very nice 4th qtr assists that helped change the game. Some clutch shots too.

Durbetta had some good shots but is clearly only suitable for stacked teams with RefAide to boot.

Texas_Ranger
05-06-2021, 09:44 PM
If the Mavs stay 5th, Luka is clearly the MVP. I know it will go to Jokic, but what Doncic is doing with that Dallas team is unbelievable. Give him the Nuggets roster and they are #1 seed in the west.

Neo.
05-06-2021, 10:33 PM
yeah it's pretty surprising Luka isn't getting more mvp buzz than he is, he's basically not even remotely in the discussion. but I'm pretty sure those kings losses kinda hurt him on that

MultiTroll
05-06-2021, 10:42 PM
Has a guy on a .500 team ever won the MVP? I know MJ was on some shitty teams early on but don't recall if he won it or not.Modern Day? No. (Well, Kream 1976)
Ever? Yes.

1. .458 Bob Petit St. Louis Hawks 1955-56 33–39
2 .488 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Los Lakers 1975-76 40-42
3 .561 Moses Malone Houston Rockets 1981-82 46–36
4 .573 Moses Malone Houston Rockets 1978-79 47–35
4 .573 Russell Westbrook OK City Thunder 2016-17 47-35
6 .598 Bob McAdoo Buffalo Braves 1974-75 49-33

Chuckbrook the only one since Mo Malone 1982 to be MVP of a team with less then 50 wins. And that was his charade stat padding season.

Texas_Ranger
05-06-2021, 10:43 PM
the mavs losing to scrub teams, while beating playoff teams is pretty weird.

Spurtacular
05-08-2021, 01:19 AM
Connor McDavid may be a unanimous MVP.

i'm_still_beta
05-08-2021, 03:32 AM
Connor McDavid may be a unanimous MVP.
Well, duh

Best player since Mario Lemieux

Spurtacular
05-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Westbrook is averaging 22.6 pts, 11.6 asts, 11.5 rebs.

Texas_Ranger
05-09-2021, 02:58 AM
Westbrook is averaging 22.6 pts, 11.6 asts, 11.5 rebs.

They are also 32 and 36. By now everyone should know and probably does know he doesnt make his team better. Thats why no one is mentioning his name, even for the all nba teams.

MultiTroll
05-10-2021, 03:21 PM
Doncic getting burned out of some stats after the ejection around halftime. Opponent Sexton said not upset at all, he considered it a basketball play and accidental. Whatever. Doncic still playing very well and Dallas at 5th seed.

Jokic. I'm not seeing him as some of you are. Certainly at the top of the running list but i don't get the "unanimous pick" stuff. Heavily complained about end of game no call vs Brooklyn Phaggots but the so-so angle i saw did not look foul worthy.

Curry goodness the lil phaggot continues to light it up. Historical numbers and they're winning games largely on his part. Already passed up the Spurs for 8th.
He's got to be considered.

Embiid the missing games are something he just can't make up. Closing strong tho.

Westbrook LOL none of us are fooled. How insane is it that a guy who is averaging a triple double is not unanamous. Again, we are not fooled by the stat padding. Saw that OT block he got to preserve the win. Ok, nice block. But the previous play, network i watched replay on refused to give a good angle on what appeared to be a preposterous awarding of game winning FTs to Westchuck. Look on the Indy defender who got rung up for the foul and walked away in disbelief was priceless.

Love to see conclusive angle on that shot attempt.

Patty Mills even timvp is considering withdrawing his MVP Patty vote.

Chucho
05-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Chris Paul

Jokic

Embid

DMC
05-15-2021, 07:38 PM
Maybe Curry. I called him before the start of the season due to amount of shots he'd be getting. Sans Curry last year (and basically same crowd otherwise), they were dead last in the West. If Westbrook deserves any consideration for pulling the Wizards to the exact same spot they finished in last season, then Curry is easily top 3.

i'm_still_beta
05-16-2021, 07:44 AM
Jokic

MultiTroll
05-16-2021, 10:33 PM
No must win games that i knew of on final day. So, regarding candidates....

Denver (Jokic) losing on purpose, Dallas (Doncic) did not have to win. Both did well in limited minutes.

Golden State (Curry) was locked with Memphis until a critical foul call got the player who guarding Curry agressively had him on a very off game instead turned into moronic Memphis defense the rest of the 4th qtr. So no, not impressed with Lil Phags final game. But he still had a fantastic regular season. Would some NBA player, anyone please grow some nutts and put him and Gaymond on their asses. Unreal what soy league this has turned into. Network only showed the foul out play once and very short, changed video immediately so dk if it was legit foul or Golden ABC Ref. Doris did specifically comment on as a graph was shown how bad Curry was when being guarded vs after the foul out.

MultiTroll
05-16-2021, 10:36 PM
Doncic or Joker?

Doncic leading Mavs to 5th seed or Joker leading Denver to 3rd?
I'm still ruminating.

Texas_Ranger
05-16-2021, 10:48 PM
it will be Jokic and it wont be even close. Doncic did way more with less, but cause of the poor start and cause the media was saying how Mavs were a top team, which they clearly are not, he wont be even in the top 5.

05-18-2021, 11:28 PM
I give it to Jokic.

The topper for me is he played all 72 games, which is unheard of these days.

Spurtacular
05-19-2021, 12:24 AM
I give it to Jokic.

The topper for me is he played all 72 games, which is unheard of these days.

Interesting.

Spurtacular
05-19-2021, 12:25 AM
LeRacist called Steph the MVP.

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2021, 05:55 AM
LeRacist called Steph the MVP.

Excuse if he loses to them.

MultiTroll
05-19-2021, 09:47 AM
I'm voting for Doncic.

ambchang
05-19-2021, 11:22 AM
I’m not sure how doncic can drag that team to the fifth seed. Unbelievable.

Although the clippers will likely win, I’m looking forward to seeing doncic destroy PG13 and duelling with nephew.

Spurtacular
05-20-2021, 03:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-oi2YXJfz4

MultiTroll
05-21-2021, 11:33 PM
Curry pssssshh

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2021, 06:07 AM
ok now that the regular season is over this is my top10

1. Jokic
2. Doncic
3. Embiid
4. Randle
4. Mitchell
5. Paul
6. Antetokounmpo
7. Lillard
8. Irving
9. Kawhi
10. Young

and no player that didnt make the playoffs should be in this race.

i'm_still_beta
05-22-2021, 06:29 AM

1. Jokic
2. Doncic
3. Embiid
4. Randle
4. Mitchell
5. Paul
6. Antetokounmpo
7. Lillard
8. Irving
9. Kawhi
10. Young

and no player that didnt make the playoffs should be in this race.

Team game, imo. Change Steph with Randle or Irving and Warriors aren't even in the Play-ins

Imo, this award should be renamed to MOP (Most Outstanding Player Award) and the best player in the league should get it. Enough with that valuable bullshit

MultiTroll
05-22-2021, 06:46 AM
it will be Jokic and it wont be even close. Doncic did way more with less, but cause of the poor start and cause the media was saying how Mavs were a top team, which they clearly are not, he wont be even in the top 5.

1. Jokic
2. Doncic

What popped Jokic over Doncic for you?

Btw I'm 100% down with any who picked Jokic. I picked Doncic and I'll live with it if he flames in the playoffs. Even tho this is a reg season award anyways.
Everyone, repeat, this is our pick. Phuck the media.

Texas_Ranger
05-22-2021, 07:52 AM
What popped Jokic over Doncic for you?

Btw I'm 100% down with any who picked Jokic. I picked Doncic and I'll live with it if he flames in the playoffs. Even tho this is a reg season award anyways.
Everyone, repeat, this is our pick. Phuck the media.

Its neck to neck for me. Id give it to Joker cause he was more consistent over the whole season, while Luka had a poor start and then kinda a meh finish for his standards. Cause of that poor start and all the techs the media will also totally forget about him, even tho Mavs being 5th is a miracle. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt get in the All NBA 1st team.

lefty
05-22-2021, 10:04 AM
Not this guy

https://reddit.com/r/nba/comments/nibi2d/highlight_all_thirteen_of_steph_currys_playin/

lefty
05-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Soooo..... back to Luka ?

MultiTroll
06-08-2021, 09:26 PM
I’m not sure how doncic can drag that team to the fifth seed. Unbelievable.

Although the clippers will likely win, I’m looking forward to seeing doncic destroy PG13 and duelling with nephew.

Media gives Doncic 6th.

:lmao Derrek Rose received a 1st place vote via the Phan vote.

ambchang
06-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Media gives Doncic 6th.

:lmao Derrek Rose received a 1st place vote via the Phan vote.
More reason fans should not have any say.