PDA

View Full Version : New York Post Pressured Reporter to Write a False Story About Undocumented Minors

Ef-man
04-27-2021, 11:57 PM
The conservative media creates the outrage for the gullible.

A New York Post story about Kamala Harris triggered conservative outrage. Almost all of it was wrong. Now the reporter has resigned.

A longtime New York Post reporter said she has resigned after being “ordered” to write a false story that claimed undocumented minors were being welcomed to the United States with copies of a children’s book written by Vice President Harris.

“The Kamala Harris story — an incorrect story I was ordered to write and which I failed to push back hard enough against — was my breaking point,” Laura Italiano tweeted Tuesday afternoon, several hours after her viral article about the books had been deleted from the Post’s website and replaced with corrected versions.

Italiano, who has written for the Post since the 1990s, according to news archives, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Since the Post published the story on its front page Saturday, the conservative mediascape has been in an uproar over the supposed distribution of Harris’s 2019 book, “Superheroes Are Everywhere,” at migrant shelters. A slew of prominent Republicans expressed outrage over the possibility that taxpayers were funding the program. Even the White House press secretary was grilled about it.

And then on Tuesday, in a one-sentence note at the bottom of the original online article, the Post acknowledged that almost none of it was true.

“Editor’s note: The original version of this article said migrant kids were getting Harris’ book in a welcome kit, but has been updated to note that only one known copy of the book was given to a child,” it read in full.

In fact, it’s not even clear whether a child actually received that single copy of the book, which was photographed by Reuters on a vacant bed at a shelter in Long Beach, Calif., last week. It was one of many items, including toys and clothing, donated by residents in a citywide drive, Long Beach officials said. No government funds were used to purchase the items, according to a city spokeswoman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/media/new-york-post-kamala-harris-correction-migrant-book/2021/04/27/ec297ac6-a769-11eb-bca5-048b2759a489_story.html

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 12:02 AM
Bitch been a reporter for them for three decades and she want to blame others for her lack of integrity?

That's pathetic.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2021, 12:05 AM
Bitch been a reporter for them for three decades and she want to blame others for her lack of integrity?

That's pathetic.lol you fell for Rupert's fake news, derp.

Ef-man
04-28-2021, 12:13 AM
lol you fell for Rupert's fake news, derp.

Hook, line, and sinker. :lol

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 12:21 AM
lol you fell for Rupert's fake news, derp.

Why's it fake news? Because a liar told you it's so?

:lol Derp

DMC
04-28-2021, 12:35 AM
Dan Rather pressured to air false Killian document story about Bush's service record.

ChumpDumper
04-28-2021, 12:58 AM

:lol DerpWait, you think it's a true story, derp?

Yes or no.

Also: :lmao DMC's whataboutorando

ElNono
04-28-2021, 02:04 AM

I'm pretty confident that if she would've resigned before actually writing that article, you would blame Harris and still be mad at "the bitch" for caving.

I mean, if actually resigning over this article with a 30 year career on the newspaper is not a show of integrity, I don't know what is.

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 03:35 AM
I'm pretty confident that if she would've resigned before actually writing that article, you would blame Harris and still be mad at "the bitch" for caving.

I mean, if actually resigning over this article with a 30 year career on the newspaper is not a show of integrity, I don't know what is.

One way or another, she lied. That's the opposite of integrity.

boutons_deux
04-28-2021, 07:34 AM

I know "what is integrity": refusing to write the article

But working at a Murdoch shit-stained toilet paper makes one's integrity suspicious.

coyotes_geek
04-28-2021, 08:19 AM

Integrity would have been refusing to write the article in the first place. Going along with it and only resigning after getting called out, blaming others on your way out the door, is scapegoating, not integrity.

That's not to say that her accusations aren't true though......

ElNono
04-28-2021, 09:12 AM
One way or another, she lied. That's the opposite of integrity.

I know "what is integrity": refusing to write the article

But working at a Murdoch shit-stained toilet paper makes one's integrity suspicious.

Integrity would have been refusing to write the article in the first place. Going along with it and only resigning after getting called out, blaming others on your way out the door, is scapegoating, not integrity.

That's not to say that her accusations aren't true though......

I don't completely disagree with this, but it wouldn't have cost her anything to stick with the company line and keep her 3 decades long job. Especially in this political climate where fake news are rampant and seemingly inconsequential.

What I took exception with was the notion of having no integrity at all. Clearly at least stepping up and doing something about her lie shows at least a modicum of integrity after the fact.

Was it too late? probably. She's now going to pay the price of likely being unemployable and lack any credibility going forward. This wasn't the easiest road for her, and surely not the road of job security.

Ef-man
04-28-2021, 09:25 AM
Dan Rather pressured to air false Killian document story about Bush's service record.

Interesting.

Who (manager) in New York Post has been fired for ordering the story?

MultiTroll
04-28-2021, 10:08 AM
:lol the defenders of the lie on this thread.

Reflecting their leader Dunceolds level of interity.
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/81/a4/fc/81a4fc53f0ab129a061c5a64becedfde--trump-anti-democrats-.jpg?nii=t

Spurtacular
04-28-2021, 11:05 AM
Fabbs sees his in.

Isitjustme?
04-28-2021, 12:57 PM

Both sides!!

Isitjustme?
04-28-2021, 12:57 PM

Both sides!!

DMC
04-29-2021, 11:24 AM
Nah, point isn't about sides. It's that "pressured" is just a euphemism for "paid".

DMC
04-29-2021, 11:27 AM
Interesting.

Who (manager) in New York Post has been fired for ordering the story?

Was Dan pressured to air it? Yes or no?

Ordering the story? :lol

The fact the press can order false narrative and get it is the issue.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2021, 11:32 AM
BOTH SIDES

Ef-man
04-29-2021, 12:18 PM

Not even close to both sides narrative.

Try harder.

RandomGuy
04-29-2021, 04:01 PM

:lol Derp

:lol fake snow boy can't tell what is true.

RandomGuy
04-29-2021, 04:02 PM

Hurr dee durr, both sides. :lol

DMC
04-29-2021, 06:48 PM
Not even close to both sides narrative.

Try harder.

I wasn't even going for a both sides narrative. I was going for a personal responsibility angle. What you write is on you.

DMC
04-29-2021, 06:49 PM
Hurr dee durr, both sides. :lol

3rd time is a charm. Wasn't going for that narrative but let's explore that a little - why would it be wrong to do so?

Ef-man
04-29-2021, 10:33 PM
I wasn't even going for a both sides narrative. I was going for a personal responsibility angle. What you write is on you.

Ahhh, I see your Harden defense move, ok.

CBS (producers and Dan Rather) messed up and believed source and documents provided without fully authenticating them to high degree they should have. There was no rush.

Producer was fired, as well as some other executive producers. Dan Rather left CBS in early 2005.

Much different story development and consequences at CBS than the New York Post crap.

DMC
04-30-2021, 05:15 PM
Ahhh, I see your Harden defense move, ok.

CBS (producers and Dan Rather) messed up and believed source and documents provided without fully authenticating them to high degree they should have. There was no rush.

Producer was fired, as well as some other executive producers. Dan Rather left CBS in early 2005.

Much different story development and consequences at CBS than the New York Post crap.

Irrelevant. Was he pressured to go forward with the story?

Was the producer pressured to go forward with it?

You claim you see the move but you respond then as if you don't. Like I did the okie doke on you.

Ef-man
04-30-2021, 09:44 PM
Only thing irrelevant is you and your position.

Oh, whataboutism was not my position. It is about responsibility or something vague like that.

Comparing the responsibility of the New York Post (a shit right wing news organization owned by Murdoch, who also owns right wing Fox) to CBS is completely laughable.

Might as well say that derp has an above average iq or ducks is well educated if you even believe your position for one second.

Dan Rather and the producer were not pressured, they screwed up by believing the material they were provided and not authenticating it. CBS made sure there were consequences, as a responsible news organization.

Guess you have no qualms with stories put out by Tucker or Hannity either, right?

Explains why your family ignores you.

Ef-man
05-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Decided to treat DMC like his family treats him.

This message is hidden because DMC is on your ignore list.

ChumpDumper
05-01-2021, 02:36 AM
lol DMC still trying so hard

boutons_deux
05-01-2021, 07:49 AM
Both sides!!

Lying, whatabout-ism, World Champion hypocrisy, fabricated, false outrage, is all the Repugs, Fox, RWHM has these days,

proving that "All Politics, All The Time" has nothing to do with governing, which the Repugs refuse to do.

Also proves how stupid, ignorant, irrational ("religious") they know Repug voters are. God Guns Gays Racism Misogyny

Isitjustme?
05-01-2021, 09:56 AM

I apologize, maybe you werent doing that. Its just you both sides an issue 90% of the times Republicans shit the bed on something so you can understand my confusion.

DMC
05-01-2021, 02:14 PM
I apologize, maybe you werent doing that. Its just you both sides an issue 90% of the times Republicans shit the bed on something so you can understand my confusion.

It's all good

Winehole23
05-01-2021, 04:02 PM
It's all goodcause he gotcha