PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: How many racist farmers are there in the 210 area code?

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 07:20 AM
Take the test and find out:
https://twitter.com/AlessiaStepback/status/1387459828445065216?s=19

:downspin:

KobesAchilles
04-29-2021, 09:13 AM
weird how saying one black guy is better than the other black guy in question 8 makes you a racist :lol
This woman thinks Tim Duncan is white :lmao

**edit** I scored a 4 but these questions are just bad. Of course I'm not going to like a Laker. That's what sports is about. Hating rival team's players. But the Westbrook one is weird to me. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. I feel like she should've said "hate Westbrook" instead bc I don't really care about a player on a EC team that's like 10 games below .500

Also does liking CP3 make you a racist? I'm so confused!

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 10:23 AM
weird how saying one black guy is better than the other black guy in question 8 makes you a racist :lol

**edit** I scored a 4 but these questions are just bad. Of course I'm not going to like a Laker. That's what sports is about. Hating rival team's players. But the Westbrook one is weird to me. I don't dislike him, but I don't like him either. I feel like she should've said "hate Westbrook" instead bc I don't really care about a player on a EC team that's like 10 games below .500

:lol

Dirks_Finale
04-29-2021, 10:27 AM
If you don't like Laker greats like Kobe and Lebron you are a racist :lol

That's a new one. Twitter pollster is obviously a democrat laker fan :lol

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 10:29 AM
If you don't like Laker greats like Kobe and Lebron you are a racist :lol

That's a new one. Twitter pollster is obviously a democrat laker fan :lol

Yep yep - thems da rulez :lol

Leetonidas
04-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Cringe

DMC
04-29-2021, 11:34 AM
OP is a wetback

MultiTroll
04-29-2021, 12:19 PM

Is this your Twitter profile?
If not how did you come across the retard?

Joseph Kony
04-29-2021, 12:50 PM
nevermind the fact the tweet was authored by some skank who probably hasnt even watched a minute of basketball

1. Bird is better all-time than Durbeta and is universally seen as a top 10 ATG. Durant's fake rings mean jack shit in this discussion
2. Magic, Curry, Thomas > Chris Fall. CP3 is not a top 3 PG all time. no rings, no mvps, no fmvps, etc
3. College ball is definitely not better than NBA, agree
4. Luka will be top 10 all time - possible given his trajectory but who can really predict a 22 year old's career at this point
5. Don’t like LeBron - ??? not sure how not liking a certain player makes you racist
6. Don’t like Russell Westbrook - see above. most people dont like Westchuck because of his style of play, nothing to do with race
7. Only troglodytes go based on eye test in 2021, there is far more to evaluate in a game and watching it as a whole there is no way you can accurately pick up on certain in game nuances
8. Duncan > Kobe - 100% fact. Equal rings, more personal accolades. kobe has no argument other than "wHaT aBoUT pPg"

overall this tweet was made by someone who knows fuckall about basketball and if they do watch, they've only watched for 5 years max

JohnnyMax
04-29-2021, 01:16 PM
Link to whatever you guys are talking about?

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 02:51 PM
OP is a wetback

:cry

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 02:52 PM
Is this your Twitter profile?
If not how did you come across the retard?

Nope. Did you answer at least 3 questions affirmatively? ;)

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 03:05 PM
Link to whatever you guys are talking about?

Tweet is in the OP

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 03:07 PM

Yep, you are a racist. Congrats for coming out the closet :lol

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 03:10 PM
nevermind the fact the tweet was authored by some skank who probably hasnt even watched a minute of basketball

1. Bird is better all-time than Durbeta and is universally seen as a top 10 ATG. Durant's fake rings mean jack shit in this discussion
2. Magic, Curry, Thomas > Chris Fall. CP3 is not a top 3 PG all time. no rings, no mvps, no fmvps, etc
3. College ball is definitely not better than NBA, agree
4. Luka will be top 10 all time - possible given his trajectory but who can really predict a 22 year old's career at this point
5. Don’t like LeBron - ??? not sure how not liking a certain player makes you racist
6. Don’t like Russell Westbrook - see above. most people dont like Westchuck because of his style of play, nothing to do with race
7. Only troglodytes go based on eye test in 2021, there is far more to evaluate in a game and watching it as a whole there is no way you can accurately pick up on certain in game nuances
8. Duncan > Kobe - 100% fact. Equal rings, more personal accolades. kobe has no argument other than "wHaT aBoUT pPg"

overall this tweet was made by someone who knows fuckall about basketball and if they do watch, they've only watched for 5 years max

My unofficial count has you answering yes to at least 3 questions. You're a racist AND wrong:

Kobe 5, Jim 4.61. Kobe was better but Jim is more alive (barely :lol)

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:10 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c&ab_channel=justscrollingby%E3% 83%84

koriwhat
04-29-2021, 03:24 PM

Imagine being so dumb that you believe there's all these "farmers" in SATX. Then again you're a twatter user so there's that... :lol

Plus that lady should stick to the WNBA.

Spurtacular
04-29-2021, 03:25 PM
Imagine being so dumb that you believe there's all these "farmers" in SATX. Then again you're a twatter user so there's that... :lol

:lol :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
04-29-2021, 04:08 PM

Chucho
04-29-2021, 05:16 PM
Felipe got his tax money apparently.

Glad you were able to pay that hefty past due amount of $102 to Boost Mobile to get your Samsung Galaxy S4 turned back on. Ball out, cabron, Enjoy TWO Modelos when you go to the Flea Market this weekend, you deserve it!

DMC
04-29-2021, 06:51 PM
:cry

Canta no llores

Fat Brandon Bass
04-29-2021, 10:46 PM
So this thread is where were at then intellectually huh? you seem like a really cool guy, i imagine that is the type of sentiment a lot of really interesting, intelligent men who are fundamentally happy and fulfilled in their lives find themselves expressing to strangers on the internet

FrostKing
04-30-2021, 04:00 AM
Broken western white woman,

Speak Polish or not invited back.

ElNono
04-30-2021, 04:06 AM

I scored 2, Pedro...

Advanced stats > eye test
Duncan > Kobe

ElNono
04-30-2021, 04:08 AM
And now stop posting, my garden needs a haircut, Rogelio...

ambchang
04-30-2021, 04:42 AM
:lol KD is Tracy McGrady with talent around him. Played with three other mvps that were in their primes, five all nba teams rs and had four all stars on his team at one point. And he only had two rings over 13 years.

LkrFan
04-30-2021, 12:47 PM
Felipe got his tax money apparently.

Glad you were able to pay that hefty past due amount of $102 to Boost Mobile to get your Samsung Galaxy S4 turned back on. Ball out, cabron, Enjoy TWO Modelos when you go to the Flea Market this weekend, you deserve it!

LkrFan
04-30-2021, 12:48 PM
I scored 2, Pedro...

Advanced stats > eye test
Duncan > Kobe

Mí negró :toast

ambchang
04-30-2021, 03:46 PM
Dumbass litmus test: How many takes do you agree with?

1. I agree with the tweet in the OP.

If you scored 1 you’re a dumbass

LkrFan
04-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Dumbass litmus test: How many takes do you agree with?

1. I agree with the tweet in the OP.

If you scored 1 you’re a dumbass

spurraider21
04-30-2021, 04:53 PM

:lol tbh

i got 6, 7, and 8

ambchang
04-30-2021, 05:48 PM

Honestly, I don’t understand how 2,5,6,7 and 8 have anything to do with being racist.

JohnnyMax
04-30-2021, 10:28 PM
https://twitter.com/AlessiaStepback/status/1387459828445065216

Racial litmus test: How many takes do you agree with?

1. Bird > KD
2. CP3 is top 3 PG all time
3. College ball > NBA
4. Luka will be top 10 all time
5. Don’t like LeBron
6. Don’t like Russell Westbrook
7. Advanced stats > eye test
8. Duncan > Kobe

If you scored 3 you’re racist

daslicer
05-01-2021, 01:35 AM

Biggems
05-01-2021, 07:54 AM
I hate almost every Laker player, doesn't make me a racist. I respect several of them for their skills and accomplishments. But, I am a lifelong Spurs fan, the Purple and Gold are the Evil Empire. I also hate most Rockets players too. Aside from the trash talking and dirty Mavs from the mid 2000s to the mid 2010s, I never really hated the Mavs players, except that one Center who couldn't keep his nose clean, Roy Tarpley, I believe. I hate the Jazz during the Stockton/Malone era, mainly cause of those two dirty, rotten, cheap shot criminals. Karl Malone is still my most hated player to this day. The fact that Stern let him throw those illegal and lethal elbows at other players' skulls with little to no ramifications was pure bullshit. I know there are a lot more, but I only remember Isiah and his 40+ stitches, AC green losing his front grill, DRob getting knocked out and twisting his knee on the way down, and then Tim Duncan. Not only a filthy ass player, but a fucking pedophile and a dead beat dad......what an all around shitty human being Karl Malone is. I was a huge fan of the Bad Boys, especially with my Spurs sucking in the late 80s. I needed someone to root for against the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Sixers. Also, the basketball I watched in the 80s and 90s was quite violent. However, I saw the difference between hard fouls, and cheap shots. Aside from a few clotheslines between rivals like the Lakers/Celtics, Bulls/Pistons, Celtics/Pistons, Heat/Knicks, or Pacers/Knicks....the physicality was hard but not necessarily dirty or cheap. Malone had two dirty moves, the vicious elbow to the head and the knee or kick to the nuts on his jumper. Stockton would do a quick swipe of your nuts and then steal the ball when you momentarily lost focus (kinda like what Chris Paul would do when he was a Hornet).

I hate Lebron James. He is not the goat, never will be. Also, as much as I hated Kobe Bryant, I take Kobe every day and twice on Sunday over Lebron. At least Kobe was consistent his entire career as far as how he played the game. He never quit, he never backed down, never made excuses, and never cried about people playing super physical with him. Kobe was a supreme ball hog for sure, and didn't always do what was best for the organization, quite a bit selfish to be honest......but at least you knew when he was on the court, he was going to do everything he could to win, and then off the court......he didn't act like a complete douche bag and jackass with the media, like Lebron does. I still remember all those bitch ass SGs and SFs crying and pissing their diapers about Bruce Bowen, well everyone except for Kobe. He shrugged it off and welcomed the challenge, as it made him a better player. Lebron cries if you look at him funny.

Biggems
05-01-2021, 08:21 AM
these questions are stupid.

You can dislike a player but respect their game. I hated Michael Jordan, but I acknowledge he is the best SG to ever play and one of the 3 best players of all-time, along with Wilt and Kareem.

I hate Lebron, but his stats say he is an all-time great. I wish LeBitch could have played against the Bad Boys, the 90s Knicks, and the 90s Heat. They would have turned him out prison style.

I hate Russell Westbrook, but the guy is a walking triple double......just a poor teammate who cannot seem to coexist with anyone else, thus he is always dealing with chemistry issues

NBA > College (though not by much anymore).....College needs to move to 4 ten minute quarters, shorten the shot clock to 24, and do the penalty like the NBA does. Also, maybe modify the zone defensive scheme rules to make it more conducive for scoring and offense.

Luka is very good, but who knows where he will be in 10 years? Will he stay healthy? Will he stay passionate?

Advanced stats are for nerds and geeks. Just let me watch the game and let me see the guys do their thing.

CP3 isn't even a top 5 point guard......Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Kidd, Cousy, Oscar, Westbrook, Parker (outperformed CP3 head to head most of his career), Steve Nash

Duncan > Kobe......I agree, but the gap is very narrow. both were elite, top 10 of all-time. Duncan is the greatest PF of all-time. Kobe at best, is the #2 SG of all-time. They were the Magic vs Bird of their era and both delivered handsomely. Spurs fans and Laker haters will almost unanimously say Duncan. Lakers fans and Spurs haters will almost unanimously say Kobe. The area where I give the biggest edge to Duncan was his ability to lift the players around him. He without a doubt made his teammates better. With Kobe, that wasn't always the case. He wasn't always the best teammate. Still, both were absolute assassins. Imagine if Duncan and Kobe would have spent their entire careers together.......they would have completely owned the West and the NBA.

Bird > KD......of course. KD is a great scorer no doubt. However, he is not truly an assassin. He is a bitch ass mama's boy, who will curl up in the corner and suck his thumb if you say mean things to him. Bird showed no heart for his opponents. He wanted to torment and humiliate his foes. He wanted to take your soul. Bird would have had KD crying out there on the court by the end of the first quarter.......soft ass Durbeta. Miller > KD as far as assassin ability goes. Durant is one of the best scorers of all time, but he just doesn't have that psycho killer level that Bird and Miller had.

ambchang
05-01-2021, 12:03 PM
I hate almost every Laker player, doesn't make me a racist. I respect several of them for their skills and accomplishments. But, I am a lifelong Spurs fan, the Purple and Gold are the Evil Empire. I also hate most Rockets players too. Aside from the trash talking and dirty Mavs from the mid 2000s to the mid 2010s, I never really hated the Mavs players, except that one Center who couldn't keep his nose clean, Roy Tarpley, I believe. I hate the Jazz during the Stockton/Malone era, mainly cause of those two dirty, rotten, cheap shot criminals. Karl Malone is still my most hated player to this day. The fact that Stern let him throw those illegal and lethal elbows at other players' skulls with little to no ramifications was pure bullshit. I know there are a lot more, but I only remember Isiah and his 40+ stitches, AC green losing his front grill, DRob getting knocked out and twisting his knee on the way down, and then Tim Duncan. Not only a filthy ass player, but a fucking pedophile and a dead beat dad......what an all around shitty human being Karl Malone is. I was a huge fan of the Bad Boys, especially with my Spurs sucking in the late 80s. I needed someone to root for against the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, and Sixers. Also, the basketball I watched in the 80s and 90s was quite violent. However, I saw the difference between hard fouls, and cheap shots. Aside from a few clotheslines between rivals like the Lakers/Celtics, Bulls/Pistons, Celtics/Pistons, Heat/Knicks, or Pacers/Knicks....the physicality was hard but not necessarily dirty or cheap. Malone had two dirty moves, the vicious elbow to the head and the knee or kick to the nuts on his jumper. Stockton would do a quick swipe of your nuts and then steal the ball when you momentarily lost focus (kinda like what Chris Paul would do when he was a Hornet).
Pedo also broke donyell marshalls ribs on purpose. I hope the guy dies of leukaemia mixed with aids.
I hate Lebron James. He is not the goat, never will be. Also, as much as I hated Kobe Bryant, I take Kobe every day and twice on Sunday over Lebron. At least Kobe was consistent his entire career as far as how he played the game. He never quit, he never backed down, never made excuses, and never cried about people playing super physical with him. Kobe was a supreme ball hog for sure, and didn't always do what was best for the organization, quite a bit selfish to be honest......but at least you knew when he was on the court, he was going to do everything he could to win, and then off the court......he didn't act like a complete douche bag and jackass with the media, like Lebron does. I still remember all those bitch ass SGs and SFs crying and pissing their diapers about Bruce Bowen, well everyone except for Kobe. He shrugged it off and welcomed the challenge, as it made him a better player. Lebron cries if you look at him funny.

Pedo also broke donyell Marshall’s ribs.

Neo.
05-01-2021, 01:19 PM
:lmao so much butthurt

Spurtacular
05-01-2021, 02:42 PM
these questions are stupid.

You can dislike a player but respect their game. I hated Michael Jordan, but I acknowledge he is the best SG to ever play and one of the 3 best players of all-time, along with Wilt and Kareem.

I hate Lebron, but his stats say he is an all-time great. I wish LeBitch could have played against the Bad Boys, the 90s Knicks, and the 90s Heat. They would have turned him out prison style.

I hate Russell Westbrook, but the guy is a walking triple double......just a poor teammate who cannot seem to coexist with anyone else, thus he is always dealing with chemistry issues

NBA > College (though not by much anymore).....College needs to move to 4 ten minute quarters, shorten the shot clock to 24, and do the penalty like the NBA does. Also, maybe modify the zone defensive scheme rules to make it more conducive for scoring and offense.

Luka is very good, but who knows where he will be in 10 years? Will he stay healthy? Will he stay passionate?

Advanced stats are for nerds and geeks. Just let me watch the game and let me see the guys do their thing.

CP3 isn't even a top 5 point guard......Magic, Isiah, Stockton, Kidd, Cousy, Oscar, Westbrook, Parker (outperformed CP3 head to head most of his career), Steve Nash

Duncan > Kobe......I agree, but the gap is very narrow. both were elite, top 10 of all-time. Duncan is the greatest PF of all-time. Kobe at best, is the #2 SG of all-time. They were the Magic vs Bird of their era and both delivered handsomely. Spurs fans and Laker haters will almost unanimously say Duncan. Lakers fans and Spurs haters will almost unanimously say Kobe. The area where I give the biggest edge to Duncan was his ability to lift the players around him. He without a doubt made his teammates better. With Kobe, that wasn't always the case. He wasn't always the best teammate. Still, both were absolute assassins. Imagine if Duncan and Kobe would have spent their entire careers together.......they would have completely owned the West and the NBA.

Bird > KD......of course. KD is a great scorer no doubt. However, he is not truly an assassin. He is a bitch ass mama's boy, who will curl up in the corner and suck his thumb if you say mean things to him. Bird showed no heart for his opponents. He wanted to torment and humiliate his foes. He wanted to take your soul. Bird would have had KD crying out there on the court by the end of the first quarter.......soft ass Durbeta. Miller > KD as far as assassin ability goes. Durant is one of the best scorers of all time, but he just doesn't have that psycho killer level that Bird and Miller had.

Preach.

Mark Celibate
05-01-2021, 03:26 PM

:lol when were the Mavs ever considered a dirty team? If anything they were criticized for being a soft, jump shooting team...but I have a feeling I know where this is going....probably the typical Spurfan overreaction to Jason "Bin Laden Hitler Stalin Zedong Ghengis Khan Satan Himself" Terry and his horrific atrocity committed on Michael Finley on May 17, 2006. I shudder to even recollect the horror of that event myself. The 15th anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Ala 9/11, I still remember what I was doing that exact second when it happened....and the world changed forever....

ElNono
05-01-2021, 05:09 PM
:lol when were the Mavs ever considered a dirty team? If anything they were criticized for being a soft, jump shooting team...but I have a feeling I know where this is going....probably the typical Spurfan overreaction to Jason "Bin Laden Hitler Stalin Zedong Ghengis Khan Satan Himself" Terry and his horrific atrocity committed on Michael Finley on May 17, 2006. I shudder to even recollect the horror of that event myself. The 15th anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Ala 9/11, I still remember what I was doing that exact second when it happened....and the world changed forever....

9/11 can't hold a candle to that atrocity, tbh...

Millennial_Messiah
05-01-2021, 08:12 PM
1, 5, 6 and 8. Fuck the Lakers and all the OG OKC Thunderefs players.

Millennial_Messiah
05-01-2021, 08:15 PM

The Mavs were pretty likeable in the Dirk era OUTSIDE of the Avery Johnson era, when they were very unlikeable.

Terry was there forever, heck he stuck around to win a ring coming off the bench in 2011.

But the whole Mavs team under Avery Johnson was downright unlikeable. Kind of in an early 2010s OKC kind of way with how they played offense centered around the iso and drawing phantom fouls for free throws all game. Not just Dirk but also Howard, Stackhouse, Devin Harris etc were all miserable fucks.

The Nash-Dirk-Finley team was the most likeable, it's unfortunate they didn't win a ring together.

Mark Celibate
05-01-2021, 08:48 PM
The Mavs were pretty likeable in the Dirk era OUTSIDE of the Avery Johnson era, when they were very unlikeable.

Terry was there forever, heck he stuck around to win a ring coming off the bench in 2011.

But the whole Mavs team under Avery Johnson was downright unlikeable. Kind of in an early 2010s OKC kind of way with how they played offense centered around the iso and drawing phantom fouls for free throws all game. Not just Dirk but also Howard, Stackhouse, Devin Harris etc were all miserable fucks.

The Nash-Dirk-Finley team was the most likeable, it's unfortunate they didn't win a ring together.

To Biggems' credit, I would admit that Stackhouse was somewhat of a dirty player for us during the mid-00's. He was that 'enforcer' type that every championship calibre team has to have. I do recall a couple of plays in particular (chokeslamming Ginobili, shoving Shaq into the stands on that breakaway layup, etc)...but like I said, the Mavs had to have somebody who would fight back. I just think it's hilarious how Jason Terry of all people Spurfans hate the most even a decade later. Even just a few years ago, I saw many GNSFs saying how Terry was their most disliked player ever just because of that nutpunch :lol It was obviously intentional, and uncalled for but you'd think he gave prime Duncan a career-ending injury or something with all the hate he has even though the nutpunch only got him suspended and hurt the Mavs. The hate for Terry is bizarre and up there with Zaza for some reason hence the ongoing Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, nutpunch = 9/11, etc. shtick

You are right though. The mid-00's Mavericks were kind of a weird team in that they had a very high peak for a short time despite not having an all-world roster nor being elite in either offense or defense

Neo.
05-01-2021, 08:52 PM

so basically they were unlikable during the era where they were giving the spurs issues, but we're perfectly likable when they were being dominated by the spurs :rollin

Mark Celibate
05-01-2021, 08:53 PM
so basically they were unlikable during the era where they were giving the spurs issues, but we're perfectly likable when they were being dominated by the spurs :rollin

rofl that's literally how I read that too. :cry Steve Nash was such a great guy getting abused by Tony Parker all game :cry

Neo.
05-01-2021, 09:06 PM
rofl that's literally how I read that too. :cry Steve Nash was such a great guy getting abused by Tony Parker all game :cry

and :lmao at how spurfans think they should have 10peated from 2003-2013 and that refs were the reason they lost every year they didn't win

Mark Celibate
05-01-2021, 09:37 PM
and :lmao at how spurfans think they should have 10peated from 2003-2013 and that refs were the reason they lost every year they didn't win

:lol yeah I see those GNSF posts from time to time. But most of the time they assume they'd beat the EC team just because they barely lost in the WC playoffs (Viability of Suicide, I'm not taking a win in Indianapolis for Granted just because the Cowboys had a good run in the 90's etc)...but there's no guarantee they beat the 04 Pistons and they weren't on the same level as the 08 Celtics IMO. After watching Duncan get manhandled by Brandon Basshole and Ryan Hollins in 09 and getting swept in 10, any Spurfan who claims they should've rang those years is retarded. tbh the only obvious missing ring is in 06. No doubt they would've beaten Miami if Ginobili didn't commit that dumb foul on Dirk

Spurtacular
05-01-2021, 11:21 PM
:lol yeah I see those GNSF posts from time to time. But most of the time they assume they'd beat the EC team just because they barely lost in the WC playoffs (Viability of Suicide, I'm not taking a win in Indianapolis for Granted just because the Cowboys had a good run in the 90's etc)...but there's no guarantee they beat the 04 Pistons and they weren't on the same level as the 08 Celtics IMO. After watching Duncan get manhandled by Brandon Basshole and Ryan Hollins in 09 and getting swept in 10, any Spurfan who claims they should've rang those years is retarded. tbh the only obvious missing ring is in 06. No doubt they would've beaten Miami if Ginobili didn't commit that dumb foul on Dirk

06 and 12 should've been for Spurs at a minimum.

13 and 15 were missed opportunities.
And I think Spurs very well could've won 16 minus being Zaza'd.
No suspension for that and Wade breaking Rondo's arm in 2011
showed what a bush league the NBA is when it comes to favorite pets.

ambchang
05-02-2021, 07:50 AM

You forgot Juwan Howard hurting the irreplaceable Derek Anderson and killing the spurs repeat hopes :cry

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-02-2021, 10:59 AM
the spurs period from 2008-2012 was pretty effin rough

Millennial_Messiah
05-02-2021, 12:18 PM
To Biggems' credit, I would admit that Stackhouse was somewhat of a dirty player for us during the mid-00's. He was that 'enforcer' type that every championship calibre team has to have. I do recall a couple of plays in particular (chokeslamming Ginobili, shoving Shaq into the stands on that breakaway layup, etc)...but like I said, the Mavs had to have somebody who would fight back. I just think it's hilarious how Jason Terry of all people Spurfans hate the most even a decade later. Even just a few years ago, I saw many GNSFs saying how Terry was their most disliked player ever just because of that nutpunch :lol It was obviously intentional, and uncalled for but you'd think he gave prime Duncan a career-ending injury or something with all the hate he has even though the nutpunch only got him suspended and hurt the Mavs. The hate for Terry is bizarre and up there with Zaza for some reason hence the ongoing Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, nutpunch = 9/11, etc. shtick

You are right though. The mid-00's Mavericks were kind of a weird team in that they had a very high peak for a short time despite not having an all-world roster nor being elite in either offense or defense

I think they worked out for some time because Avery Johnson was hell bent on doing a 180 from Nellie's era run and gun Mavs to trying to turn the Mavs into the 99 Spurs. The offensive pace was extremely slooooow, Avery micromanaged the tempo and made Dirk quit shooting threes and instead go four down in the post almost every possession, with Howard/Stackhouse taking their turns, and it worked for awhile. Very few threes, few assists, little ball movement, tons of free throws and the defense performed well against most teams because of Dampier/Diop in the paint, but those Avery Mavs teams were weak defensively against the three point shot which exposed them against the Nash Suns and (especially) the Nellie era Warriors -- which is why they never won a championship. In fact, Dirk and the Mavs never would have gotten over the hump without getting Carlisle and a bunch of three point shooters and radically changing their gameplan and philosophy.

As for Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, it wasn't just the nut punch. It dates back to Terry's days in Atlanta when he made that miracle shot over Timmy's outstretched arms to beat the Spurs in Atlanta in December 2002 when the Hawks were the league's bottom feeders at the time so it was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs. It's also all the tough shots Terry made to beat the Spurs throughout his Mavericks and even Rockets days. Terry was seen as a spurkiller, not quite Derek Fisher but somewhat close, more in the Marbury category IMO.

Mark Celibate
05-02-2021, 01:21 PM
I think they worked out for some time because Avery Johnson was hell bent on doing a 180 from Nellie's era run and gun Mavs to trying to turn the Mavs into the 99 Spurs. The offensive pace was extremely slooooow, Avery micromanaged the tempo and made Dirk quit shooting threes and instead go four down in the post almost every possession, with Howard/Stackhouse taking their turns, and it worked for awhile. Very few threes, few assists, little ball movement, tons of free throws and the defense performed well against most teams because of Dampier/Diop in the paint, but those Avery Mavs teams were weak defensively against the three point shot which exposed them against the Nash Suns and (especially) the Nellie era Warriors -- which is why they never won a championship. In fact, Dirk and the Mavs never would have gotten over the hump without getting Carlisle and a bunch of three point shooters and radically changing their gameplan and philosophy.

As for Jason 'Bin Laden' Terry, it wasn't just the nut punch. It dates back to Terry's days in Atlanta when he made that miracle shot over Timmy's outstretched arms to beat the Spurs in Atlanta in December 2002 when the Hawks were the league's bottom feeders at the time so it was an embarrassing loss for the Spurs. It's also all the tough shots Terry made to beat the Spurs throughout his Mavericks and even Rockets days. Terry was seen as a spurkiller, not quite Derek Fisher but somewhat close, more in the Marbury category IMO.

I actually think their biggest problem was against bigger, physical guards. The problem with the Warriors (besides Dirk choking his only playoff series of his career) was the inability to keep Baron Davis out of the paint. He was able to drive and kick at will, and for some reason Damp seemed to get softer and softer as his time wore on with the team. Eventually he just became a turnstile. Rarely did he ever give any kind of hard foul, which was extremely frustrating. Same thing with D-Wade in the Finals, he basically lived in the paint. Even the garbage Lakers gave the Mavs fits because Kobe could literally do whatever he wanted (i.e. the 61 points in 3 quarters games).

Ironically, the massive overhaul in the roster by bringing in guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson allowed them to beat the same kind of teams in 2011 that had always given them problems. Blazers had Roy who was a physical guard in his prime. Then they were able to get through Kobe, Durant, Harden, James, and Wade who would've all taken a giant dump on the guards that the mid-00 Mavs had.

Millennial_Messiah
05-02-2021, 01:25 PM
I actually think their biggest problem was against bigger, physical guards. The problem with the Warriors (besides Dirk choking his only playoff series of his career) was the inability to keep Baron Davis out of the paint. He was able to drive and kick at will, and for some reason Damp seemed to get softer and softer as his time wore on with the team. Eventually he just became a turnstile. Rarely did he ever give any kind of hard foul, which was extremely frustrating. Same thing with D-Wade in the Finals, he basically lived in the paint. Even the garbage Lakers gave the Mavs fits because Kobe could literally do whatever he wanted (i.e. the 61 points in 3 quarters games).

Ironically, the massive overhaul in the roster by bringing in guys like Kidd, Marion, Butler, and Stevenson allowed them to beat the same kind of teams in 2011 that had always given them problems. Blazers had Roy who was a physical guard in his prime. Then they were able to get through Kobe, Durant, Harden, James, and Wade who would've all taken a giant dump on the guards that the mid-00 Mavs had.

Makes a lot of sense overall. An interesting/cool side-plot to the 2011 Finals was Deshawn Stevenson getting the last laugh against his "bitter rival" Lebron from those Cavs/Wizards series where there was bad blood. I believe Stevenson retired after that.

Arcadian
05-02-2021, 05:18 PM
You do realize there aren't many actual farmers in San Antonio, right?

Millennial_Messiah
05-02-2021, 05:37 PM
You do realize there aren't many actual farmers in San Antonio, right?
unless you're talking about a certain kind of 7 leaf plant, that is

lefty20
05-02-2021, 05:41 PM
Signup for farmersonly.com, sort by zip and you will find out real quick, tbh.

LkrFan
05-02-2021, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I don’t understand how 2,5,6,7 and 8 have anything to do with being racist.

:lol tbh

i got 6, 7, and 8

LkrFan
05-02-2021, 08:19 PM

:lmao

Robz4000
05-02-2021, 08:31 PM
1, 6, 7, and 8.

Let me guess Humberto, you got 0?

Biggems
05-02-2021, 08:33 PM

Eduardo Najera.....scumbag. just one player, but he was downright filthy.

Biggems
05-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Terry wasn't dirty, just excitable and emotional. He lost his head a few times and overreacted. To me, a dirty player does violent acts while in a calm state. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Paul, Eduardo Najera....

Mark Celibate
05-02-2021, 08:55 PM

oh yeah, completely forgot about him. Can't argue with you on that one

Spurtacular
05-02-2021, 08:57 PM

Seemed like he towed the line though.
He wasn't a hitman like Zaza.

Biggems
05-02-2021, 09:42 PM
Juwan Howard did commit a dirty play, but he was not a dirty player. 1 dirty foul does not make you a dirty player.

daslicer
05-03-2021, 01:20 AM

Back in December of 2012 I bought court side tickets for Spurs vs Bobcats. Keep in mind I live in Charlotte. There was this guy sitting next to me who had brought his girlfriend who was a hot a blonde bimbo. I remember her saying out loud to her boyfriend "Tim Duncan is Black? I thought he was white." That to me was too funny at the time.

ambchang
05-03-2021, 08:27 AM
Terry wasn't dirty, just excitable and emotional. He lost his head a few times and overreacted. To me, a dirty player does violent acts while in a calm state. Karl Malone, John Stockton, Chris Paul, Eduardo Najera....

Don’t leave out Bruce Bowen.

KobesAchilles
05-03-2021, 10:46 AM
Back in December of 2012 I bought court side tickets for Spurs vs Bobcats. Keep in mind I live in Charlotte. There was this guy sitting next to me who had brought his girlfriend who was a hot a blonde bimbo. I remember her saying out loud to her boyfriend "Tim Duncan is Black? I thought he was white." That to me was too funny at the time.
Yeah it's weird how many people don't think Tim Duncan is black. Idk if it's because he's from the Virgin Islands or if it's because he never really brings up his race that much. But there are people out there who think like- well he's not white, but he's not black either. Might just be that island culture thing that none of the other NBA players have.

btw that story of yours is hilarious. Just imagining how it happened is really funny. Typical casual bimbos :lol

lefty
05-03-2021, 01:09 PM
https://twitter.com/AlessiaStepback/status/1389239146569506816

WHY THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!.... are you Following the TWEETS of a 12 Year Old Tick Toker girl

YOU PEDERAST FUCK!!!!!!

Oh Yeah King of Spurms talk Fake Laker Fan doing what Spursm Talk Fake Laker Fans have been doing for decades now....

This shit is so sick, you following and simping for a 12 year old Tick Toker girl on twitter, it goes up there with that dude who was into some gay ass anami show.... ALSO A FAK ASS LKR FAN on here
Lkrfan must be 12 tbh

ambchang
05-03-2021, 03:27 PM
Lkrfan must be 12 tbh

Nah, he’s just following the footsteps of his idol Karl Malone.

Biggems
05-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Don’t leave out Bruce Bowen.

he wasn't dirty, just very physical

Dirks_Finale
05-04-2021, 06:44 AM
he wasn't dirty, just very physical

Placing your foot under jump shooters is dirty, not physical.

lefty
05-04-2021, 09:36 AM

DMC
05-04-2021, 10:48 AM

Damn, that must have set you back what, 40 dollars?

DMC
05-04-2021, 10:49 AM
https://twitter.com/AlessiaStepback/status/1389239146569506816

WHY THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!.... are you Following the TWEETS of a 12 Year Old Tick Toker girl

YOU PEDERAST FUCK!!!!!!

Oh Yeah King of Spurms talk Fake Laker Fan doing what Spursm Talk Fake Laker Fans have been doing for decades now....

This shit is so sick, you following and simping for a 12 year old Tick Toker girl on twitter, it goes up there with that dude who was into some gay ass anami show.... ALSO A FAK ASS LKR FAN on here

Gotta make them anchor babies early

LkrFan
05-04-2021, 03:47 PM

:rollin :lmao :rollin