PDA

View Full Version : Stein: One-on-One with Manu

spurschick
11-12-2005, 12:59 PM
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-051112-13

This week's subject is San Antonio's Manu Ginobili, who has been trying to play through a bruised right quadriceps suffered just three days before the start of the season.

1. Stein: We saw you miss your first nine shots [last weekend in Dallas], including a wide-open layup right at the rim. How much is the injury holding you back?

Ginobili: I don't know if it's more my body or my head, but something is holding me back.

2. Stein: Maybe one thing leads to the other.

Ginobili: It's probably a little bit of both. I'm out of rhythm, like I'm still on vacation. The good part of it is, it's only been a few games.

3. Stein: This was your first summer off from Argentina's national team in years. Is it a case where the extended break might be hurting your sharpness now but help your freshness later in the season?

Ginobili: For me it's something strange. I've never had this time off in my career, so I really feel like I'm a couple steps behind. But it's not too worried. Obviously I don't like playing that badly, but I know it's going to get better.

4. Stein: There's a theory out there that your long hair used to help you get to the foul line because it flew all over the place whenever you absorbed contact. Aren't you worried that your new, shorter cut will cost you some free throws?

Ginobili: I went to the line 10 times [against the Mavericks]. So, no.

5. Stein: Whose decision was it to cut it? Yours or your wife's?

Ginobili: I was tired of it already. But it's going to grow again.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

angel_luv
11-12-2005, 01:09 PM
It's okay Gino. This too shall pass. =)

Spurzilla
11-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Manu says of his hair, "it's going to grow again...."

Kind of sounds like something you would hear at the end of a movie, setting the scene for a sequel.

First thing that popped into my head was the end of that 60's movie, "the Blob." At the end of the movie, on the screen it read, "the End?"

With Manu and Timmy doing the extended growth this year.... one can only wonder what horrors opposing teams will face during the playoffs.

Mua-ha-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

angel_luv
11-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Hahaha!

TMTTRIO
11-12-2005, 01:40 PM
He'll be back again. I do think that Manu not playing this summer for the first time in years really threw off his rhythm which has been made worse with the thigh contusion. Look at Tony right now. He's off to an awesome start just the way Manu was last season. I like his attitude about he's going to get better. I have no doubt he'll find his rhythm again and when he does watch out. GO MANU we know you can do it.

I was tired of it already. But it's going to grow again.

Grow it Manu. Look how well it's worked with Duncan and his fro so far this season. The NBA better watch out. Once Manu grows his hair out again he'll be unstoppable again along with Tim and Tony :spin :elephant :elephant

smeagol
11-12-2005, 02:30 PM
So is it good or is it bad to play over the Summer?

TPark and others, what you say?

1Parker1
11-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Long Hair sucked!! Good Riddance.

1Parker1
11-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Someone should email Stein and tell him that was the most insightful and thought provoking one-on-one Interview ever!

:rolleyes :lol

Kori Ellis
11-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Either Kori Started this rumor or strengthened it one or the other.

:lmao

True. I think I started it. Pop and I joke around together and the national media catches on late. :lol

leemajors
11-12-2005, 04:42 PM
i liked what manu did, especially in the 3rd last night. shot wasn't falling but he was still taking it to the hole and dishing. he's also been great on the boards. if one facet isn't working, the others are still there. the shot will come in time

ALVAREZ6
11-12-2005, 05:38 PM
So is it good or is it bad to play over the Summer?

TPark and others, what you say?
Good.

Ginobili played over the summer in Athens 2004, came back great.

Then he didn't play this summer and is in a slump.

TP played for France this summer and is averaging 22 points and overall is doing great.

leemajors
11-12-2005, 05:58 PM
depends on whether you get injured during the season.