PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Nets - May 12, 2021

timvp
05-12-2021, 11:57 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san-antonio-spurs-brooklyn-nets-game-69/

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-13-2021, 12:26 AM
C- for Pop? come on LJ, is he giving you the McDonald treatment? Call out his senility and stupidity.

spurs10
05-13-2021, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the grades. Should be a good game tomorrow! Go Memphis!!!

spurs1990
05-13-2021, 12:47 AM
"DeRozan couldn’t have been much worse on defense if he tried"

I don't pay attention to much other than his kooky allergy to the 3pt line, but if he is truly this hopeless at defending, why would they possibly resign him. Definition of expendable. ....Just four more games thankfully.

timvp
05-13-2021, 01:23 AM
C- for Pop? come on LJ, is he giving you the McDonald treatment? Call out his senility and stupidity.

So you watched this game and think the Spurs lost due to coaching and not talent disparity? I know it's a reflex at this point ... but let's just say the Nets didn't win because Steve Nash was pushing the right buttons :lol

Fusternino
05-13-2021, 02:21 AM
Wasn't the floater by Tre Jones to cut it to single digits? Really surprised he just didn't just take one step and put it off the glass.

tbdog
05-13-2021, 05:05 AM
What's with DDR last twenty games where he isn't even trying on defense.

exstatic
05-13-2021, 06:56 AM
So you watched this game and think the Spurs lost due to coaching and not talent disparity? I know it's a reflex at this point ... but let's just say the Nets didn't win because Steve Nash was pushing the right buttons :lol

AHF…hating since 99.

exstatic
05-13-2021, 06:57 AM
What's with DDR last twenty games where he isn't even trying on defense.

Hopefully, he’s realizing that his days here are numbered, because the Spurs aren’t budging from 2 years.

KingKev
05-13-2021, 07:00 AM
Hopefully, he’s realizing that his days here are numbered, because the Spurs aren’t budging from 2 years.

@ 2yrs 45mm total

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-13-2021, 11:35 AM
Thanks Timvp!

I didn't even bother to watch this one (which is rare). This had throw-away game written all over it. I just Pop would have played all the reserves instead of letting guys like Murray and DeRozan go at less than top gear and just burn minutes.

MultiTroll
05-13-2021, 11:38 AM
So you watched this game and think the Spurs lost due to coaching and not talent disparity?
The two are not mutually exclusive.

John B
05-13-2021, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the grades. On the contrary, I think Spurs played pretty well. As you said, they had 22 more attempts. They were just not falling in, and the Nets shot 61%.
I didn't like how Harden/Claxton did a clinic on PNR with our big men Jakob/Drew, which resulted to several point blank shots or dunks. It's not an easy task, but DJ needs a better job slowing down Harden. And Jakob/Drew needs to punish the bigs for getting in the rim. Athletic bigs just have ways with our centers.. period. But overall, the Nets just have too much firepower.

Dejounte
05-13-2021, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the grades. On the contrary, I think Spurs played pretty well. As you said, they had 22 more attempts. They were just not falling in, and the Nets shot 61%.
I didn't like how Harden/Claxton did a clinic on PNR with our big men Jakob/Drew, which resulted to several point blank shots or dunks. It's not an easy task, but DJ needs a better job slowing down Harden. And Jakob/Drew needs to punish the bigs for getting in the rim. Athletic bigs just have ways with our centers.. period. But overall, the Nets just have too much firepower.

Lonnie was on Harden for most of the night. Vassell, too.