PDA

View Full Version : Recycling - How Committed Are You?

DMC
05-14-2021, 04:25 PM
30 years ago the talk was about making recycling profitable in order for it to "take off". I think we have to recycle as much as possible and get away from non biodegradable plastics even if it costs us.

They collect the stuff here every week but I also haul a lot to the recyclers. Are you recycling and if so, are you delving more into by looking for better methods and materials or are you staying about even keel on it? How do you feel about your impact on the overall issue?

SpursforSix
05-14-2021, 04:31 PM
We recycle but we don't have a pick up and have to take it to the dump. Have to separate paper from plastic.

I'm pretty good about it up to the point where I have to clean out a peanut butter container or a soap/shampoo bottle. But in those cases, I usually just leave it in the cabinet or shower for someone else to tackle.

MultiTroll
05-14-2021, 05:10 PM
The smelly - slimey floors of all the recycling joints out here (Calif not allowed to clean their paved / asphalt with water) is def a deterrent.

Stopped a while back and now donate them.

ChumpDumper
05-14-2021, 07:02 PM
Single stream pickup every other week is great.

Haul in shit like old electronics, etc.

spurraider21
05-14-2021, 07:17 PM
i dont do so maniacally, but i do try to separate obvious things like cardboard, plastic, etc.

how do i feel about my impact on the overall issue? probably not even a blip on the radar. in scale, i think household recycling is like agreeing to round up a purchase to the nearest dollar to go to a cause.

Millennial_Messiah
05-14-2021, 08:01 PM
i dont do so maniacally, but i do try to separate obvious things like cardboard, plastic, etc.

how do i feel about my impact on the overall issue? probably not even a blip on the radar. in scale, i think household recycling is like agreeing to round up a purchase to the nearest dollar to go to a cause.
a hamburger purchase, or a Sandals' round trip to Jamaica type of purchase?

spurraider21
05-14-2021, 08:54 PM
This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Kim Jong-il
05-14-2021, 08:58 PM
It was pretty disheartening to discover that 90% of our recycling efforts are completely pointless and it all ends up in a landfill in the Philippines anyways.

Spurtacular
05-14-2021, 09:55 PM
The same people pushing green policies the hardest are the same ones who just polluted the oceans with billions of face diapers.

Blake
05-14-2021, 10:39 PM
It was pretty disheartening to discover that 90% of our recycling efforts are completely pointless and it all ends up in a landfill in the Philippines anyways.

Seriously. It's when you see a documentary showing our plastic crap piled up high like small hills near homes in other countries that makes you ask what the fuck is going on

We're sending it faster than they can melt it all down to recycle it

Blake
05-14-2021, 10:41 PM
And we need to stop making plastic bags for grocery stores already. It's 2021, make people bring their own goddam bags to the stores already.

Blake
05-14-2021, 10:42 PM
The same people pushing green policies the hardest are the same ones who just polluted the oceans with billions of face diapers.

Either derp never left his home this past year or he wore a diaper on his face.

Spurtacular
05-14-2021, 10:43 PM
Seriously. It's when you see a documentary showing our plastic crap piled up high like small hills near homes in other countries that makes you ask what the fuck is going on

Your bull's condoms are floating that far?

Spurtacular
05-14-2021, 10:43 PM
Either derp never left his home this past year or he wore a diaper on his face.

Derp (Chumpdumper) wore his face diaper.

Blake
05-14-2021, 10:44 PM
Derp (Chumpdumper) wore his face diaper.

You're derp

Spurtacular
05-14-2021, 10:46 PM
Yes we do.

Yes you betas do (wear your face diapers).
But no confirmation was needed, board cuckold.

:lol Editing it (and hastily going to your fallback) after you realized you fucked up.

Kim Jong-il
05-14-2021, 10:54 PM

:lol Editing it (and hastily going to your fallback) after you realized you fucked up.
Have you worn a mask in the past 15 months, yes or no? And remember that God is listening and knows if you’re lying.

Blake
05-14-2021, 11:57 PM

:lol you edited your post that said "alphas don't need masks" so I edited mine.

Why are you here trying to fuck up this thread, derp?

Blake
05-14-2021, 11:58 PM
Have you worn a mask in the past 15 months, yes or no? And remember that God is listening and knows if you’re lying.

We all know he's lying

Xevious
05-15-2021, 09:03 AM

I read that it's cheaper to produce new plastic than it is to recycle the old stuff. I'm sure that's the biggest factor.

DMC
05-15-2021, 04:16 PM

Probably, or like obeying traffic rules/laws. Collectively it enables us to get from point A to point B relatively safely, so we know we benefit from the concept of adherence.

DMC
05-15-2021, 04:17 PM
I read that it's cheaper to produce new plastic than it is to recycle the old stuff. I'm sure that's the biggest factor.

Probably in the short term for entity A who's making plastic goods, but not for society as a whole.