PDA

View Full Version : NBA TV & League Pass

leemajors
11-12-2005, 06:56 PM
how many miles is the territorial restriction/blackout radius? I live in Austin and the game tonight is blacked out on NBA TV, and all Spurs games are blacked out on League Pass. I assume it's between 90 and 120 miles, but would like to know for sure. Rockets games are never blacked out - it's just frustrating. I have Sirius radio so i won't miss the game, but it's still nice to see it on tv.

ShoogarBear
11-12-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't understand. Why is the Spurs game blacked out on NBA TV when they're playing in DC?

leemajors
11-12-2005, 07:26 PM
i have no idea. i had league pass in 03-04 and every single spurs game was blacked out no matter where it was played or if it was broadcast in austin. i can understand if it is on fox sports southwest or when they relay a local sa broadcast (which happens sometimes) , but it seems ridiculous. ok, it says blackout on digital cable but the game is still on. even weirder.

dbreiden83080
11-12-2005, 10:15 PM
I don't understand if it is blacked out in your area, that means you should get it on one of your local channels. I grew up in SA and now live in NY i have league pass to see the Spurs games, Knicks are blacked out but are on local MSG network in NY. How could you not be getting the Spurs on your local network.

GoSpurs21
11-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Spurs NBAtv was only blacked out on Time Warner Cable and Direct TV.
Fast Eddies on 35 up by Round Rock has disk TV and they showed it.

leemajors
11-13-2005, 11:16 AM
we get games on wb occasionally here, but it's usually only on saturdays. they showed the mavs/spurs game on wb last week. fssw picks up quite a few of them. it just sucked a couple years ago when me and my roomies threw down 200 expecting a season of spurs games.

mcornelio
11-13-2005, 11:18 AM
its on espn or tnt, thats why its blacked out....

leemajors
11-13-2005, 11:20 AM
its on espn or tnt, thats why its blacked out....
that is understood when that happens. but every single game on league pass is blacked out even if no other network is running it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Bishop,

You need to write up an intelligent, well thought out letter to send to all the parties involve, particularly Dish/DirecTV and NBA League Pass, and threaten legal litigation for breach of contract.

That will go a lot farther than talking to some asshat on the phone.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
I understand what you're saying now. I just realized that the Wiz games are never broadcast on LP in DC (big whoop). But the road games are always on Comcast Sports Net.

It really bites if they black you out just because they could show the game, even if they don't.

Louae
11-14-2005, 02:45 AM
the thing that pissed me off about the wizards game not being televised on NBATV was b/c they were gonna show the game in High Def. No NBATV, no High Def. Sucked big time donkey balls.