PDA

View Full Version : GTFO DeRozan

Pages : [1] 2

baseline bum
05-19-2021, 09:10 PM
And take Brian Wrong with you

Robz4000
05-19-2021, 09:15 PM
Mills and the old man as well. Time to go scorched Earth.

timtonymanu
05-19-2021, 09:17 PM
I can't believe people were really wanting him back. :lol

Chinook, tbdog, FkLA, etc. Same old loser shit from him and you think he deserves to be brought back for the max lol

slick'81
05-19-2021, 09:18 PM
Ive been saying it for three seasons

Sugus
05-19-2021, 09:22 PM
Tbh I'm pretty happy about the game, all things considered. The most important thing that had to happen, did: DeRozan showed his true colors and proved to be jack shit on a big stage (once again). There's little chance he stays a Spur past this game, which makes the loss worth it. Hope other teams get in the play-in that boost our lottery odds.

spurraider21
05-19-2021, 09:23 PM
mfw he re-signs

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Entire organization needs to be rebuilt:

Derozan - career choke artist, fake star. His accolades all dried up when he started playing in the big boy conference. His inability to shoot or play defense makes him a poor fit on any modern NBA team. His three years with the Spurs resulted in the ugliest basketball this franchise has ever seen.

Brian Wright - his front office resume includes the trainwrecks that are the Orlando Magic and the Detroit Pistons. Imagine hiring somebody because of what he did on those two teams :lol Since being hired, we've had the horrific Kawhi trade. Giving away Bertans for free. Signing the corpse of Demarre Carroll for three years only to buy him out a few months later. This feels more and more like a diversity hire.

Pop and his group of yes men assistants all have to go too. Pop's had a legendary career but you gotta put down a dying dog to spare them of their misery. I have nothing good to say about Becky or Will Hardy. Fuck them both for having their lips glued to Pop's ass as the dementia-ridden old man continues to coach like it's 1995

baseline bum
05-19-2021, 09:25 PM

They're going to have to pay someone to hit minimum payout requirements and probably only want to give out two year deals, so I'd take Mills back. Not happily, but I'd much rather have him than another couple of years of DePression. He's gotta fucking go, that guy is garbage in this era where you have to shoot the three and have to be able to guard the perimeter.

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2021, 09:25 PM
Id tell him to shoot himself, but hed miss.

slick'81
05-19-2021, 09:26 PM
Spurs couldnt even attempt to move him after his great regular season. Hopefully that capspace pays off

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2021, 09:26 PM

disagree, he goes ain't nobody on the bench take his spot, plus disagree all you want he's still one of the best development guys in the league. I'd like to see what he runs with the vets gone

Robz4000
05-19-2021, 09:28 PM
disagree, he goes ain't nobody on the bench take his spot, plus disagree all you want he's still one of the best development guys in the league. I'd like to see what he runs with the vets gone

Pop will never coach a team without vets to ride tbh. Guarantee you if Pop comes back the Spurs will sign several vets to get the lion's share of minutes.

tim_duncan_fan
05-19-2021, 09:29 PM
Yo, Demar has been a good guy. No need to go at him personally.

He's just not that dude. Not many people are.

slick'81
05-19-2021, 09:29 PM
Pop will never coach a team without vets to ride tbh. Guarantee you if Pop comes back the Spurs will sign several vets to get the lion's share of minutes.

Pop sure as hell aint letting fatty walk away

Robz4000
05-19-2021, 09:30 PM
They're going to have to pay someone to hit minimum payout requirements and probably only want to give out two year deals, so I'd take Mills back. Not happily, but I'd much rather have him than another couple of years of DePression. He's gotta fucking go, that guy is garbage in this era where you have to shoot the three and have to be able to guard the perimeter.

Give Gay $30mil tbh.

baseline bum
05-19-2021, 09:31 PM

He's a garbage player. He just got paid $28 million to shit the bed. I don't give a shit if he was the Virgin Mary, he gotta go.

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 09:32 PM

Chinook, tbdog, FkLA, etc. Same old loser shit from him and you think he deserves to be brought back for the max lol

I said it when Demar first arrived here. His on court value doesn't match the reputation he's built in a weak Eastern Conference as a fake star. His skills are a poor fit for any NBA team. His 1st option skills aren't good enough to be a top dog in the modern NBA and he doesn't have the defense or shooting necessary to be a 2nd option. He can be a decent 6th man, scoring against bench units but Demar will refuse that kind of demotion out of pride. He's going to go the Melo route, jumping from team to team until reality hits him hard - that he has no role in the modern NBA except on the bench.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2021, 09:33 PM

boo fucking hoo if he really cares, he can go cry about it in his fucking mansion with some fucking sluts

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 09:39 PM
Spurs reddit mentality: Demar's a nice guy, let's not criticize him guys. It's not his fault he shot 5-21 in an elimination game. His teammates should have shot better to give him more space to work, even though he scared his teammates not to shoot before the game:

https://i.redd.it/ek7n2b5bcqz61.jpg

K...
05-19-2021, 09:39 PM
bye, he set a bad example for the young kids and i think they've learned enough

timtonymanu
05-19-2021, 09:40 PM
I said it when Demar first arrived here. His on court value doesn't match the reputation he's built in a weak Eastern Conference as a fake star. His skills are a poor fit for any NBA team. His 1st option skills aren't good enough to be a top dog in the modern NBA and he doesn't have the defense or shooting necessary to be a 2nd option. He can be a decent 6th man, scoring against bench units but Demar will refuse that kind of demotion out of pride. He's going to go the Melo route, jumping from team to team until reality hits him hard - that he has no role in the modern NBA except on the bench.

tbdog: It's the players' fault Demar has no space to operate. He can't shoot 3's.

Fucking Dieng worked on his 3 point shot. Why is that the excuse for this fucking loser time and time again?

rudwick
05-19-2021, 09:40 PM
Try to get a sign and trade.

NASpurs
05-19-2021, 09:41 PM
Spurs reddit mentality: Demar's a nice guy, let's not criticize him guys. It's not his fault he shot 5-21 in an elimination game. His teammates should have shot better to give him more space to work, even though he scared his teammates not to shoot before the game:

https://i.redd.it/ek7n2b5bcqz61.jpg

Even the autistic retard was a better leader than this guy.

widowmaker
05-19-2021, 09:48 PM
Haha that team gives up 38 points in the first quarter and u want to blame 1 player. You GTFO unrealistic motherfucker.
Derozen isn’t resigning anyway.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2021, 09:49 PM
Try to get a sign and trade.

that means they'd have to take back some shitty contract so fuck that.

timtonymanu
05-19-2021, 09:50 PM
Haha that team gives up 38 points in the first quarter and u want to blame 1 player. You GTFO unrealistic motherfucker.

Yeah paying 28 million a year to our supposedly "best" player who goes 5-21 in a big stage game. He deserves to be shit on, GTFO you stupid motherfucker.

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 09:56 PM

It's almost like you ignored the fact that Depression is objectively one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Impact stats, synergy, on/off numbers will all agree. If the Spurs are playing bad defense, he's one of the primary reasons why.

itzsoweezee
05-19-2021, 09:59 PM

Your man’s trash. Haha

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:00 PM

DeRozan's max is like $228M/5. No one's ever endorsed a contract for even half that amount.

Anyways, he didn't shoot well, but he was also being guarded pretty heavily the whole game. The problem is that basically each of the other starters also scored poorly, and most of what they were trying to do was run headlong into a sea of arms. The starters, who combined for 157 of 240 minutes took eight threes. That's what's unsustainable. DeRozan is part of that problem, but he's not close to the only part, and simply swapping him out for a three-and-D player won't fix the general shittiness of the offense given the development of the young perimeter players.

paperboy77
05-19-2021, 10:00 PM
And take Brian Wrong with you

I second that motion and append to it: and Pop!

BacktoBasics
05-19-2021, 10:02 PM
GTFO with this shit. Most of you wanted to lose for draft position. Now you’re pissed? This a forum for basketball or menstruation?

Slippy
05-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Tbh I'm pretty happy about the game, all things considered. The most important thing that had to happen, did: DeRozan showed his true colors and proved to be jack shit on a big stage (once again). There's little chance he stays a Spur past this game, which makes the loss worth it. Hope other teams get in the play-in that boost our lottery odds.

Demar showing those true colours for 4 full quarters didnt put off the old playing him lesser mins at all. Like others said the old man has to vacate the coaching posi .

poopbox
05-19-2021, 10:05 PM
DeRozan's max is like $228M/5. No one's ever endorsed a contract for even half that amount.

Anyways, he didn't shoot well, but he was also being guarded pretty heavily the whole game. The problem is that basically each of the other starters also scored poorly, and most of what they were trying to do was run headlong into a sea of arms. The starters, who combined for 157 of 240 minutes took eight threes. That's what's unsustainable. DeRozan is part of that problem, but he's not close to the only part, and simply swapping him out for a three-and-D player won't fix the general shittiness of the offense given the development of the young perimeter players.

Swapping a guy out who shoots virtually no 3's for a player who will shoot 3's won't go a long way in solving the problem of the starting lineup not having enough people shoot 3's :lol

I'm watching the lakers have to guard random scrubs on GS for no other reason that they will actually shoot the ball from 3 if they get it and no one is guarding them :lol

Having literally any nba guard out there instead of Demar would be a win for the spurs...Demar is one of the 5 easiest players in the entire nba to guard, by virtue of around 80% of his shots coming from 3 spots on the floor...all WELL inside the 3 point line :lol

paperboy77
05-19-2021, 10:08 PM

The guy has some pretty great runs this season so I can see why. Dude really sucked when it counted tho. Ain't got time for that. GTFO mr NWA.

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 10:09 PM

Demar's inability to shoot is why he couldn't switch onto Morant. Ja would just leave him and let Brooks recover back. His game would open up so much if he wasn't such a coward from beyond the arc. He's the highest paid player on the team. It's on him to maximize his game and make everyone around him better.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:10 PM
lol dejounte gets 10 points on 17 fgas, 0-3 from 3
lol lonnie gets 8 points on 8 fgas, 0-3 from 3

demar gets 20 points on 21 fgas (0 3s)
morant gets 20 points on 20 fgas

and all the hate is focused on demar

face it. evidence is mounting that lonnie may not be an nba player

05-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Did you know that he has depression? Can't talk about him like this tbh

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 10:12 PM

Our first and second options are mid range chuckers. If anything, this game has shown how useless this style of basketball is in the modern NBA.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2021, 10:13 PM
Did you know that he has depression? Can't talk about him like this tbh

boo fucking hoo if he really cares, he can go cry about it in his fucking mansion with some fucking sluts

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:14 PM
Swapping a guy out who shoots virtually no 3's for a player who will shoot 3's won't go a long way in solving the problem of the starting lineup not having enough people shoot 3's :lol

Swapping out a guy who barely shoots threes and is even more reluctant to shoot them off the catch for a traditional three-and-D guy would also go a long way to solve the problem. Did you not read where I mentioned that DMDR is part of the issue? DeRozan is a very good offensive engine. He shouldn't be playing off ball so guys like Murray and Johnson can drive very often. Obviously he needs to shoot better, and if he won't it wouldn't be the worst thing if he moves on. But the issue with the offense is that basically none of the starters shoot threes as a first instinct. They all want to dribble and try to get creative driving to the rim. That's bad. Getting a designated shooter would help, but it wouldn't help nearly as much if possessions are still ending with guys driving into the teeth of the defense and taking bad shots.

timtonymanu

DJ and Lonnie both sucked today as well. But Demar has years of underachieving in the playoffs and it's time to move on from him. Spurs shouldn't give him a dime to come back. I've also said it many times that the Spurs will suck regardless if demar stays or not. There's really no star player on the horizon within our youth.

james evans
never underestimate popovich. I will not be shocked if he's maxed this summer and Mills is given $12 million per..

baseline bum
GTFO with this shit. Most of you wanted to lose for draft position. Now you’re pissed? This a forum for basketball or menstruation?

Yes which is why I wanted him gone in the offseason. He's just good enough to make this a 30-35 win team but not good enough to take the team anywhere. Would much rather tank and get a high draft pick as opposed to still being shitty but only getting a late lottery pick.

Trainwreck2100

were you not watching that 2nd quarter where he just went full iso ball and fucked the run

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:16 PM
Our first and second options are mid range chuckers. If anything, this game has shown has useless this style of basketball is in the modern NBA.

i may or may not agree with you on the broader point, but this game the grizz shot the same amount of 3s and made 1 fewer. they shot better from 2 lol

Robz4000
Swapping out a guy who barely shoots threes and is even more reluctant to shoot them off the catch for a traditional three-and-D guy would also go a long way to solve the problem. Did you not read where I mentioned that DMDR is part of the issue? DeRozan is a very good offensive engine. He shouldn't be playing off ball so guys like Murray and Johnson can drive very often. Obviously he needs to shoot better, and if he won't it wouldn't be the worst thing if he moves on. But the issue with the offense is that basically none of the starters shoot threes as a first instinct. They all want to dribble and try to get creative driving to the rim. That's bad. Getting a designated shooter would help, but it wouldn't help nearly as much if possessions are still ending with guys driving into the teeth of the defense and taking bad shots.

Wouldn't be opposed to trading everyone in the SL myself tbh. No one on this roster is untouchable.

B1gduff
Derozan 5/21
Murray 4/17
Kj 5/11
Walker 2/8
Mills 3/7!
Gay 8/21

No teams is going to win, when 90% of your teams shoot like hot garbage!

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:17 PM
DJ and Lonnie both sucked today as well. But Demar has years of underachieving in the playoffs and it's time to move on from him. Spurs shouldn't give him a dime to come back. I've also said it many times that the Spurs will suck regardless if demar stays or not. There's really no star player on the horizon within our youth.

i agree with this take ^

all i'm saying is spread the hate around

everyone on the roster is expendable imo

except vassell, tre jones and lil luka

timtonymanu
05-19-2021, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't be opposed to trading everyone in the SL myself tbh. No one on this roster is untouchable.

This, sadly the guy that is closest to untouchable is injured all the time, which drops his value.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:18 PM

give vassell tre and lil luka another year

i don't know what it is, but i have a good feeling about vassell

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:19 PM
Demar's inability to shoot is why he couldn't switch onto Morant. Ja would just leave him and let Brooks recover back. His game would open up so much if he wasn't such a coward from beyond the arc. He's the highest paid player on the team. It's on him to maximize his game and make everyone around him better.

No, it's not. It's on the team, players and coaches to make the best scheme possible. The Spurs built a roster with very few shooters and then decided to start as many of the non-shooters as possible. Then to make matters worse, Pop ran a scheme that deemphasized the three. This was obvious during the bubble, but folks didn't want to hear it. The Spurs don't run a sustainable offense, and while DeRozan is part of the problem, having guys play like poor man's versions of him is the bigger part.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:19 PM
This, sadly the guy that is closest to untouchable is injured all the time, which drops his value.

yep. white is a solid bench floor general who can start in a pinch ... but yeah his trade value is much less than his actual value because he has cinderella feet

slick'81
05-19-2021, 10:20 PM
Spurs could of literally traded derozan for an expiring ,and a first just to go the fck away. I hope a sign and trade can bring atleast that back

Robz4000
05-19-2021, 10:20 PM
give vassell tre and lil luka another year

i don't know what it is, but i have a good feeling about vassell

Still way too early obviously, but I feel Vassell isn't all that great of a prospect. Reminds me of Lonnie: flashes potential but just doesn't have the mentality to put it together.

B1gduff
05-19-2021, 10:21 PM
smh..not everyone is Curry or Klay. Both guys are special.
Beside's these two's and harden, every other all-start relies on the midrange with a bit of 3s.
For Murray, Walker, Johnson ita learning game, i fully expect them to add it into next years. With Derozan, it either mental or not in his game, he has the 3 pt shot but doesn't use it.
Heck even only Kobe shot only 33% from 3, Lebron's at 34.5 for his carrer, Durant and Leonard both are the only once's over 38%

All our young guys need, is confident and to slow the game down. Just trust and let it go.

poopbox
05-19-2021, 10:23 PM

You said he is not "close to being the only part". I think he is very close to being the only part, because he doesn't just not catch and shoot 3's, he doesn't catch and shoot period. Passing the ball to demar derozan doesn't really do anything for any player on our team. It doesn't generate an assist cause he won't shoot it. It doesn't generate spacing because the guy guarding...doesn't actually guard him until he starts going to the rim. Most of the time it doesn't even set up another player to score because Derozan likes to pound the ball for a bit before making a decision. I think the spurs offense will get substantially better by doing nothing than replacing one guy who doesn't catch and shoot period with someone who does because that one thing completely changes the trajectory of the floor.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:24 PM
Still way too early obviously, but I feel Vassell isn't all that great of a prospect. Reminds me of Lonnie: flashes potential but just doesn't have the mentality to put it together.

he's got one side of the ball figured out (defense). that puts him light years ahead of lonnie

LCM
05-19-2021, 10:26 PM
GS has a double digit lead against a LeBron lead team going 10/23 on 3pts in the first half alone ... Against the Grizz, the Spurs went 8/22 for the whole game!!!! ... Where have i seen a team beat a LeBron James team into submission before outside GS ... I KNOW, THE SPURS IN 2014 YOU JACKASS COACH!!!!

WHEN YOU WERE SITTING ON THAT BENCH AFTER GAME 5, RUBBING YOUR BALD STINKING HEAD, YOU MUST OF THOUGHT, "WOW, I'M GLAD THAT NIGHTMARE OF SHOOTING THAT GIMMICKY 3PT SHOT IS OVER!!"

IT'S TIME HOLTS!!!! POP DOESN'T OWN THIS TEAM, YOU DO!!! GET NEW PEOPLE IN HERE THAT WILL TEACH WINNING BASKETBALL IN TODAY'S NBA, AND GET EXECUTIVES THAT WILL GET THE RIGHT PLAYERS AS WELL!!! GET THAT SENILE OLD MAN, DEROZEN, GAY, AND PATTY THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!

Kurgan
05-19-2021, 10:27 PM

That's the problem with late picks, there's going to be some caveats when you're not picking in the lottery. White is more talented than most of the players picked above him but he's injury prone and a late bloomer(aka old). Murray's offensive game resembles a point guard from 2002. Lonnie has the athleticism/shooting but none of the bball IQ or killer instinct. If you want youngsters with less flaws, you gotta pick in the top 5/top 10.

Chinook

That's too hasty for me. But they should look at the way the roster and especially the SL is constructed and realize it has to change. One of Murray/White, Walker or a guy who can do what Lonnie can do but consistently, Johnson or a legit three-and-D wing, defensive four who can shoot and Poeltl. The absolute best the team can hope for is that two of Walker, Johnson or Vassell can rise to the occasion of being plus starters while they find a real PF. Honestly, the Spurs should look to sign or otherwise acquire a starting wing and a starting PF with their cap space and not have to rely on so many guys getting better. Heck do that and then try to trade for other pieces like a second starting wing or a sixth man. I don't think they should "give up" on anyone, but they need to establish a real baseline for what their starting unit is going to be talent-wise, and that talent needs to fit together in a way that allows for spacing and movement. If guys haven't improved or can't fit in, they need to be benched.

Slippy

After 4 quarters of Demar and to a lesser extent DJ taking turns stink it up.. getting rid of lonnie is the best you could come up with?. Wtf are ypu watching.. lonnie hardly played the second half.hahaha

You got to be kidding me .

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-19-2021, 10:30 PM
After 4 quarters of Demar and to a lesser extent DJ taking turns stink it up.. getting rid of lonnie is the best you could come up with?. Wtf are ypu watching.. lonnie hardly played the second half.hahaha

You got to be kidding me .

don't get me wrong -- trade demar or let him walk. trade dejounte if you can. CUT lonnie

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:36 PM
You said he is not "close to being the only part". I think he is very close to being the only part.

He's not. The Spurs' starters shot .254 threes per minute tonight. That's about one third of the average for an NBA team. That's not acceptable, and it's not just DeRozan who's responsible for it. DeRozan shouldn't be spotting up very much. He should be on the ball, because he's actually really good at it. The other guys aren't very good off the ball, but the difference is that they aren't very good with the ball either. That's a huge problem. If it were DeRozan and four shooters, you'd see a much more balanced offense. Instead it's DeRozan trying to space for guys so they can be poor imitations of him.

The Spurs would get better by replacing the guys who can't spot up for DeRozan with guys who'd actually be able to take better advantage of DMDR's strengths. Replacing DeRozan would probably add threes, but it would lose other offensive efficiency since none of the other players are very good engines, and they'd have the same problems spotting up for each other as they do for DeMar.

tim_duncan_fan
05-19-2021, 10:36 PM
Could we get pick #5 or 6 for Dejounte or Lonnie and #11?

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:38 PM
Could we get pick #5 or 6 for Lonnie and #11?

Nah. Could probably get like Marvin Bagley though.

Brazil
05-19-2021, 10:39 PM
Id tell him to shoot himself, but hed miss.

:lol

Chinook
05-19-2021, 10:40 PM
In general, I think people need to stop clinging to the idea that it's just the vets holding the young guys back. They aren't that good. That's it. Stop making excuses for them. We can all hope the young players improve, but that can't be part of the plan to ignore outside talent. The Spurs need to fall out of love with their players and look at everyone with objective eyes.

acoelho1
05-19-2021, 10:42 PM
DeRozan’s failures in the playoffs and in big games have all to do with his mental toughness. When teams play him physical, he typically crumbles under the pressure. Aldridge and DeRozan have never had the Spurs DNA and will be glad when their chapter is officially over.

Also, I’m still pretty amped on our young players and their is still considerable room for growth for all of them. Trust the process.

Slippy
05-19-2021, 10:43 PM
don't get me wrong -- trade demar or let him walk. trade dejounte if you can. CUT lonnie

Lonnie at 22 still has alot of upside.

This game showed he needs experience as a starter in this sort of playoffs atmosphere. Too often he was happy to stand and watch on offense. On D the silly fouls on shooters got him benched. Agaim 22yo mistakes that spurs can live with for now.

Demar for example , kept it up with isolation plays and was again lazy on defense. But coach kept on playing him. Thats why the focus.

At his age there aint no excuses

BackHome
05-19-2021, 10:45 PM
This team/organization has no direction I think the fans and the players have no idea what Pop and the Front Office wants

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-19-2021, 10:47 PM
In general, I think people need to stop clinging to the idea that it's just the vets holding the young guys back. They aren't that good. That's it. Stop making excuses for them. We can all hope the young players improve, but that can't be part of the plan to ignore outside talent. The Spurs need to fall out of love with their players and look at everyone with objective eyes.

There's some truth here, but we also need to discuss this coaching staff's inability to develop players as of late. We're seeing guys leave and go play better elsewhere. That's coaching.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2021, 10:49 PM
Spurs could of literally traded derozan for an expiring ,and a first just to go the fck away. I hope a sign and trade can bring atleast that back

What team makes that deal? Nobody trades for a sunken asset without at least getting rid of a shitty contract themselves

KobesAchilles
05-19-2021, 11:36 PM
I started a thread about that but everyone here is convinced that all the young guys will be all stars :lol
Lonnie has upside! He’s a pussy and a mental midget but he is still young! Murray can’t shoot 3s but hey he has a midrange game now! KJ is our starter for the future! He reminds me of Kawhi. Blah blah blah Poeltl is DPOY and better than Gobert.
The problem is that we have a buncha bench players as starters and our one legit starter is injured all the time

itzsoweezee
05-19-2021, 11:39 PM
Our Allstar!

Barfunk
05-19-2021, 11:46 PM

This. Who the fuck would want to play here if they see how all the fucking fans on the forum turn on them when everything is not going great.

baseline bum
05-19-2021, 11:51 PM

I don't think we're making excuses for the youth. There is no one all that special on this team, youth nor vets. So might as well tank and try to get a player or two who might be. The team is completely directionless and doing nothing to improve for the future while completely stuck in the mud in the present. DeRozan is holding back the rebuild because he's good enough to win you some games but not enough to make it a team with any real hope. I could understand not blowing it up when the Spurs were a consistent playoff team even as a low seed but now they're just a below mediocre team with no reason to be kept together. So please, GTFO DeRozan.

Gibbz
05-20-2021, 12:04 AM
Obviously we all hate Kawhitter, but it was some real salt in the wound watching DeRozan and Jak tonight :spin

dbestpro
05-20-2021, 12:25 AM
This team needs an enema.

DeRozan m8
05-20-2021, 01:27 AM
Yeah its done, time to move on.
I need a new username...please.

Brian Wright can absolutely get fucked...he can fuck off even quicker than Derozan...you can't manage a roster, that much is clear.

Pop...see ya.

Half this squad needs to just leave and go to China...if they'll even have you.

Tank, rebuild.

So envious of OKC with their billion high picks

DeRozan m8
05-20-2021, 01:28 AM
This. Who the fuck would want to play here if they see how all the fucking fans on the forum turn on them when everything is not going great.

This forum is about the only place the truth is spoken.

Fb, reddit, real life - they get sucked off regardless....they'll be fine

Robz4000
05-20-2021, 01:29 AM
Yeah its done, time to move on.
I need a new username...please.

Brian Wright can absolutely get fucked...he can fuck off even quicker than Derozan...you can't manage a roster, that much is clear.

Pop...see ya.

Half this squad needs to just leave and go to China...if they'll even have you.

Tank, rebuild.

So envious of OKC with their billion high picks

Same, only I'll keep my username :lol...

Spurtacular
05-20-2021, 01:57 AM
Unlike Nugs Gm 7 in which DeFrozen just wasn't hitting good shots, I felt like this idiot was taking one bad shot after another as the team had no rhythm.

spurs1990
05-20-2021, 02:11 AM
“He was just bummed from espn leaving him off their playoff promo marquee which affected his subpar play tonight”

- DeRozanites

DeRozan m8
05-20-2021, 02:21 AM
Same, only I'll keep my username :lol...

You'd think I learned from the Kawhi saga...its like getting a tattoo of ya gfs name...not a good idea.

Ready for a neutral name tbh

SAGirl
05-20-2021, 05:13 AM
Valanciunas outplaying his former teammate and looking like an all star tbh. grizzlies with the better former Raptor.

duncan2k5
05-20-2021, 06:18 AM

So what's the point of keeping him?

duncan2k5
05-20-2021, 06:19 AM
The guy has some pretty great runs this season so I can see why. Dude really sucked when it counted tho. Ain't got time for that. GTFO mr NWA.

Against trash teams

duncan2k5
05-20-2021, 06:24 AM
You said he is not "close to being the only part". I think he is very close to being the only part, because he doesn't just not catch and shoot 3's, he doesn't catch and shoot period. Passing the ball to demar derozan doesn't really do anything for any player on our team. It doesn't generate an assist cause he won't shoot it. It doesn't generate spacing because the guy guarding...doesn't actually guard him until he starts going to the rim. Most of the time it doesn't even set up another player to score because Derozan likes to pound the ball for a bit before making a decision. I think the spurs offense will get substantially better by doing nothing than replacing one guy who doesn't catch and shoot period with someone who does because that one thing completely changes the trajectory of the floor.
Someone with some basketball sense

duncan2k5
05-20-2021, 06:27 AM
He's not. The Spurs' starters shot .254 threes per minute tonight. That's about one third of the average for an NBA team. That's not acceptable, and it's not just DeRozan who's responsible for it. DeRozan shouldn't be spotting up very much. He should be on the ball, because he's actually really good at it. The other guys aren't very good off the ball, but the difference is that they aren't very good with the ball either. That's a huge problem. If it were DeRozan and four shooters, you'd see a much more balanced offense. Instead it's DeRozan trying to space for guys so they can be poor imitations of him.

The Spurs would get better by replacing the guys who can't spot up for DeRozan with guys who'd actually be able to take better advantage of DMDR's strengths. Replacing DeRozan would probably add threes, but it would lose other offensive efficiency since none of the other players are very good engines, and they'd have the same problems spotting up for each other as they do for DeMar.

The problem with DeMar being in ball is it stifles the growth of young players because it turns them strictly into spot up shooter...it doesn't give them the offensive freedom to grow their game because HE can't play off ball

KingKev
05-20-2021, 06:45 AM
Happy to see DDR go but that is only the start if want to change the trajectory.

widowmaker
05-20-2021, 07:10 AM
Yeah paying 28 million a year to our supposedly "best" player who goes 5-21 in a big stage game. He deserves to be shit on, GTFO you stupid motherfucker.

Fuck you pussy slide a tampon in and stop the bleeding motherfucker acts like 28 million is coming out of his account lmao.

widowmaker
05-20-2021, 07:15 AM
It's almost like you ignored the fact that Depression is objectively one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Impact stats, synergy, on/off numbers will all agree. If the Spurs are playing bad defense, he's one of the primary reasons why.

I didn’t ignore anything. That team gave up 38 points other than derozen who else was on the floor? Some one forgot to step up take your pick who that some one is. Im not defending derozen i know his defense is subpar but people like to lay blame on the obvious and most likely hes not coming back so when he eventually doesn’t come back people that are claiming to know what has been the “problem” on this team will say “see i knew it all along”

widowmaker
05-20-2021, 07:17 AM
Your man’s trash. Haha

Whos my man? Hipster faggit

TDomination
05-20-2021, 07:30 AM
Yes please go away. He seems like a good person, a good friend but man he does not equate to winning basketball.

Yes he probably helped us win more games these past few years but we know he’s not someone that will lead you to a championship or even a high seed in the playoffs or even the playoffs period at this point in his career. So let’s move on.

weebo
05-20-2021, 07:57 AM

I've been saying this for a while now. People seem to think that XYZ young guy is the second coming but in truth the very best of this young core is nothing more than a solid starter. Maybe someday one of these guys will make an all star or two but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Dex
05-20-2021, 08:39 AM
Derozan 5/21
Murray 4/17
Kj 5/11
Walker 2/8
Mills 3/7!
Gay 8/21

No teams is going to win, when 90% of your teams shoot like hot garbage!

People like to overcomplicate things. They bash Pop for his "shots didn't go in" mantra, but sometimes it really is that simple.

They were pretty even with Memphis in rebounding (surprisingly), assists, and turnovers, but were a net 10% worse in FG%. They also hit one more three than the Griz, each on 22 attempts.

The problem was that the Spurs shot like a blind Stormtrooper.

We can sit and argue about the type or efficiency of the shoots until the cows come home, but all things considered, it's amazing the game was even as close as it was given the poor shooting.

itzsoweezee
05-20-2021, 09:03 AM
People like to overcomplicate things. They bash Pop for his "shots didn't go in" mantra, but sometimes it really is that simple.

They were pretty even with Memphis in rebounding (surprisingly), assists, and turnovers, but were a net 10% worse in FG%. They also hit one more three than the Griz, each on 22 attempts.

We can sit and argue about the type or efficiency of the shoots until the cows come home, but all things considered, it's amazing the game was even as close as it was given the poor shooting.

It’s not amazing at all considering the quality of the opponent - a very young team that is likely going to be in the lottery this year

KingKev
05-20-2021, 10:41 AM

The quality of the shot attempts, especially in the 1st quarter were poor. Keldon, Demar and DJ all jacked ill-advised long range jumpers to start the game. Pop has been telling all his guys to let it fly and they certainly listened tonight. If they slowed the game down early, ran some plays and got into rhythm we would have had a chance.

Dex
05-20-2021, 11:06 AM
The quality of the shot attempts, especially in the 1st quarter were poor. Keldon, Demar and DJ all jacked ill-advised long range jumpers to start the game. Pop has been telling all his guys to let it fly and they certainly listened tonight. If they slowed the game down early, ran some plays and got into rhythm we would have had a chance.

Not arguing that. The offense in the first quarter definitely left a lot to be desired, to put it lightly. They weren't putting themselves in good spots to take good shots.

Still, sometimes guys make tough shots. Sometimes guys miss open shots.

Last night, we were missing both tough shots and open shots. You don't win a lot of game shooting 35%

John B
05-20-2021, 11:08 AM
Demar has been a great soldier. He's done what he's told, be a facilitator when we didn't have DJ/White and his assist have been career high. Be a mentor to the young team, and he's taking that role. He's never complained, nor any locker room drama. He has never asked to be traded. He's been a good soldier. BUT his game does not make it in today's NBA. Without a dominant player like LeBron, KD, Giannis, the ball needs to rotate, and make extra passes to find the open man - beautiful game. This team needs to get back to playing great team defense, and great passing. And Demar's game does not allow that. So yes, Spurs need to move on.

rjv
05-20-2021, 11:16 AM
i just don't know what kind of market demar has. maybe a team that sees him as an extra piece but certainly not a difference maker. but i'd have to think his value has depreciated significantly. that may mean that he'd strongly consider staying with the spurs if he sees the market for his services has shrunk.

Spurs Homer
05-20-2021, 11:20 AM
Get rid of white , ddr,pop,mills,gay for starters

John B
05-20-2021, 11:36 AM
i just don't know what kind of market demar has. maybe a team that sees him as an extra piece but certainly not a difference maker. but i'd have to think his value has depreciated significantly. that may mean that he'd strongly consider staying with the spurs if he sees the market for his services has shrunk.

Demar's numbers are actually in career high. He wouldn't be the first option, but if you pair him with contenders and hide his defense, he could be a great fit.

Dex
05-20-2021, 11:40 AM
TBH, DeRozan could actually survive in today's NBA and be a good piece for the Spurs if he was even an average defender. But he's not.

Having a guy who doesn't space the floor AND doesn't play defense is like kryptonite to the current build of this team.

He needs to go some place with a lot of solid defense and shooters around him, and be a 2nd or 3rd option....although that sounds a lot like Toronto and that didn't really work either

EasyMoney
05-20-2021, 11:41 AM
Demar's numbers are actually in career high. He wouldn't be the first option, but if you pair him with contenders and hide his defense, he could be a great fit.

Like Miami. Once they realized they can't get kawhi, demar will be the next best option. He can be the 3rd option behind butler and bam. And he's the same age as butler, so same timeline. Give him options like herro, maybe Robinson, butler and a far better big like bam who can shoot a bit too. The paint is wide open for him to operate.

objective
05-20-2021, 11:44 AM
One of the problems beyond his bad shooting, terrible defense, and playoff underachievement ... Is how the other players defer to him way too much

What was it, the second or third defensive possession of the game, and Keldon grabs the rebound after a block, and has Lonnie running ahead looking back for the pass for a transition attempt or at least early offense.

BUT Keldon refuses to pass, holds up and kills any break opportunity, to find and pass it to DeRozan. DDR then promptly goes ISO to puke up a bricked mid-range.

What could have been a flowing, aggressive offense is choked out because everyone is conditioned to get DeRozan his first option looks

John B
05-20-2021, 11:45 AM
TBH, DeRozan could actually survive in today's NBA and be a good piece for the Spurs if he was even an average defender. But he's not.

Having a guy who doesn't space the floor AND doesn't play defense is like kryptonite to the current build of this team.

He needs to go some place with a lot of solid defense and shooters around him, and be a 2nd or 3rd option....although that sounds a lot like Toronto and that didn't really work either

I bet he'd like to ball at home in LA with LeBron and AD if Lakers find a way to squeeze his salary in. Demar would be a great 3rd option.

SPURt
05-20-2021, 12:40 PM
DeRozan underachieved expectations way beyond anything Richard Jefferson ever did last night. It’s time to move on… After Richard Jefferson came Kawunt, if only we could be so lucky again

itzsoweezee
05-20-2021, 12:57 PM
I bet he'd like to ball at home in LA with LeBron and AD if Lakers find a way to squeeze his salary in. Demar would be a great 3rd option.

No he wouldn’t, unless by third option you mean as a replacement for Kuzma. KCP is better for LA than what Demar would provide to their starting lineup.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-20-2021, 12:58 PM
Real question: How good is this Spurs team, with White and Lil Luka healthy ... but you slide in January 2000 Tim Duncan instead of Lyles?

BatManu20
05-20-2021, 01:01 PM
DeMar likely don’t be back, but goddamn I’d hate to see him on the Lakers next season tbh.

BatManu20
05-20-2021, 01:05 PM
DeMar to the Wizards also seems to be a recurring rumor and I could actually see it happening.

BatManu20
05-20-2021, 01:08 PM

JeffDuncan
05-20-2021, 01:22 PM
DeMar likely don’t be back, but goddamn I’d hate to see him on the Lakers next season tbh.

Oh, I’d love to see DDR on the Lakers next season: playing zero defense, having a hissy fit every time he doesn’t get a foul call, ruining their offensive flow with his stupid iso game. Etc. It’d be a hoot. DDR on the Lakers, yes please.

SpursDynasty85
05-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Bad look on Demar. He's not quite who you want as the offensive engine but there is no doubt he is a good offensive player and facilitator. Memphis had a better team, period. He would be a great 3rd option for most teams. Chicago and Atlanta would definitely benefit.

Edit: Memphis had a pretty good team. Yesterday I do believe Spurs could've beaten Memphis if they benched Derozan but we all knew that wasn't going to happen this year and let's hope Derozan finds a good place in the Eastern Conference this summer along with Rudy and Patty.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 01:36 PM
Oh, I’d love to see DDR on the Lakers next season: playing zero defense, having a hissy fit every time he doesn’t get a foul call, ruining their offensive flow with his stupid iso game. Etc. It’d be a hoot. DDR on the Lakers, yes please.

He’d thrive in both LA and Miami

itzsoweezee
05-20-2021, 01:52 PM
He’d thrive in both LA and Miami

lol

exstatic
05-20-2021, 01:56 PM
No, trade for two year contracts. I can’t watch Patty run the offense for another two years. Only bad things happen when he dribbles more than 3 times.

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins

Dex
05-20-2021, 02:00 PM
DeMar to the Wizards also seems to be a recurring rumor and I could actually see it happening.

Beal, DeRozan, and Westbrook....

Sounds like the toothless hobo version of the Nets to be honest.

Man In Black
05-20-2021, 02:14 PM
I'm going to laugh when he's given a 2+1 Max Contract.
While it's true he didn't shoot well, at least he was aggressive and got to the line.

Where was the other guys outside of Rudy Gay?
#Comp10 Will be back. That money is too good, but on a 2 + 1, that give DeRozan the most cash and the team flexibility to prove they can get better players with him. If not, the relationship ends after Season 2 of that new deal.

Gervin44Silas13
05-20-2021, 02:18 PM
Pop rather invest in vets than young Guns.......when the Grizz went on that early run in 1st.....he never called time...he looked uninterested and it showed the team had no will to win either

the system has to change (whether Pop wants to or not) within Spurs Basketball or their will be dark years ahead...Pop knows what he has on this team...inconsistent play.

7 years removed from winning #5
2 years removed from a Playoff Berth

rjv
05-20-2021, 02:19 PM
While it's true he didn't shoot well, at least he was aggressive and got to the line.

#Comp10 Will be back. That money is too good, but on a 2 + 1, that give DeRozan the most cash and the team flexibility to prove they can get better players with him. If not, the relationship ends after Season 2 of that new deal.

i'd rather it'd be a 1+1 but i doubt he'd agree to that.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 02:40 PM
No, trade for two year contracts. I can’t watch Patty run the offense for another two years. Only bad things happen when he dribbles more than 3 times.

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins

Even Kevin Love if he comes with a sweetener. Once we strike out on JC, these are the moves. This is probably as daring and savvy of a strategy PATFO is capable of.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 02:43 PM
i'd rather it'd be a 1+1 but i doubt he'd agree to that.

Plus 1 team option I hope? DDRs only value to us is to sign him under 30mm a year for 2+1 team option and move him at the opportune time. He said all the Spurs culture bullsh!t things that will get him overpaid by the Spurs in his exit presser.

exstatic
05-20-2021, 02:48 PM
Get rid of white , ddr,pop,mills,gay for starters

White is their best 2 way guard. He’s a stout defender, and a 3 level scorer.

exstatic
05-20-2021, 02:51 PM

Fuck the Lakers. Seeing Luol Deng exercise his option for next year reminds me of the absolute SHIT they offered for Kawhi. I can’t even image what kind of garbage they want us to take back this time.

Fuck the Lakers.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 02:51 PM

For 30 games a season

exstatic
05-20-2021, 02:56 PM
For 30 games a season

Yeah, you would have wanted to trade Steph Curry when it looked like he had a chronic ankle condition.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 03:05 PM
Yeah, you would have wanted to trade Steph Curry when it looked like he had a chronic ankle condition.

D White is not Steph. I’m not advocating for trading him currently, especially because he has little value to the rest of the league but his injuries might not just be bad luck. He is arguably our top player when healthy. Close to half the season out or taking time to get into rhythm 3 years straight is something to consider.

KingKev
05-20-2021, 03:06 PM
D White is not Steph. I’m not advocating for trading him currently, especially because he has little value to the rest of the league but his injuries might not just be bad luck. He is arguably our top player when healthy. Close to half the season out or taking time to get into rhythm 3 years straight is something to consider.

And when White is arguably your best player to begin with you have worse problems.

exstatic
05-20-2021, 03:22 PM
He’s been on the mothership roster for 3 years.

Year 1: 67/82
Year 2: 68/71
Offseason surgery when the offseason was shortened. Missed 18/19
Sprained ankle 12 games. Covid 5 games. Definitely bad luck.
Year 3 35/72

Sugus
05-20-2021, 03:48 PM
never underestimate popovich. I will not be shocked if he's maxed this summer and Mills is given $12 million per..

Ehhh, this is the same board that swore up and down that we'd bring back Forbes and Beli, to the point that you'd be ridiculed for suggesting otherwise. Above all, the most important factor here, is that DeRozan WANTS to get paid the big bucks - and the Spurs aren't that kind of organization at all. If they truly wanted him back, they'd have resigned him already before or during the start of the season, where him "balling out for his last big contract" and making other teams pursue him as a FA, driving up his price, wouldn't be a possibility. The fact that they took a wait-and-see approach - and how that approach turned out, with yesterday's "brilliant" performance from DD - says it all.

I'm pretty confident in saying we've seen the last of DeRozan as a Spur.

....hope I don't have this post bumped in a couple months, but I'm confident right now about it.

RC_Drunkford
05-20-2021, 04:01 PM
trading for DeRozan was the worst decision in franchise history

objective
05-20-2021, 04:21 PM

I disagree, he has value and would be easy to move on from.

They could get a first and a trade exception for him this summer easily from teams that have space and picks.

First teams that come to mind for me, Dallas, Chicago, NY would love to get their hands on White. He's locked in to a fair deal for years, is ready for win-now mode that these teams think they're in, plays defense, can run an offense, can start or be a lead reserve, play with anyone. Maybe the Mavs and the Bulls would have to put the picks way out in the future, but a deal for a first and an exception s probably there anytime the Spurs want.

The Bulls would dance for joy if they could swap Markannan for White. They desperately need a point guard who can defend, but also defer some of the on-ball to Levine.

The Mavs had a big disappointment in Josh Richardson and would take White anyday.

The Knicks have extra picks and room and White would be great for Thibs and a huge upgrade over Payton and Ntilikina.

baseline bum
05-20-2021, 05:44 PM

Blech, DeRozan's a loser, just cut ties with that guy.

baseline bum
05-20-2021, 05:49 PM

Nah I'm going to give that to Red McCombs cheaping out and not trading for Barkley when they could have had him for Terry Cummings and Willie Anderson. But I'd put it second or third when they should have just tanked once Leonard forced his way out. I still think the Spurs should have just suspended Leonard for the 2018-19 season and eaten the contract considering how little they were being offered for the piece of shit. Coin flip between that fuck up and Red McCombs being too cheap to pay Rod Strickland, and us being stuck with Del Negro instead. Really fucked David's prime years making him carry such shit supporting casts until Duncan got here.

Spurs Homer
05-20-2021, 06:18 PM

and a bonafide china doll

Twisted_Dawg
05-20-2021, 06:36 PM

I've been a fan since Day 1 and have seen every good and bad trade they've made. This one is easily the worst in franchise history. Not just for the shit we got back, but what we could've had, had we leveraged Kawhi for the best package. That trade is completely on Pop and RC 100%.

I'll go one further, that trade has to be in the Top 10 of all time bad NBA trades.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Nah I'm going to give that to Red McCombs cheaping out and not trading for Barkley when they could have had him for Terry Cummings and Willie Anderson. But I'd put it second or third when they should have just tanked once Leonard forced his way out. I still think the Spurs should have just suspended Leonard for the 2018-19 season and eaten the contract considering how little they were being offered for the piece of shit. Coin flip between that fuck up and Red McCombs being too cheap to pay Rod Strickland, and us being stuck with Del Negro instead. Really fucked David's prime years making him carry such shit supporting casts until Duncan got here.

They couldn't have suspended him, he'd run the same play book, show up for a game and find a doctor to say he was injured. I can't imagine the league would have been ok with a top 5 player sitting out for a second year as well.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2021, 06:56 PM
I've been a fan since Day 1 and have seen every good and bad trade they've made. This one is easily the worst in franchise history. Not just for the shit we got back, but what we could've had, had we leveraged Kawhi for the best package. That trade is completely on Pop and RC 100%.

I'll go one further, that trade has to be in the Top 10 of all time bad NBA trades.

There was no "best package" he tanked his value on purpose and nobody was willing to go for a one year rental. Giving him to the Lakers would have been what he wanted so fuck that, and they offered jack shit when they found out what he was doing because they expected the spurs to be desperate.

Robz4000
05-20-2021, 07:19 PM
There was no "best package" he tanked his value on purpose and nobody was willing to go for a one year rental. Giving him to the Lakers would have been what he wanted so fuck that, and they offered jack shit when they found out what he was doing because they expected the spurs to be desperate.

Clippers at least offered Tobias Harris and the 11th/12th pick tbh. They prolly could've gotten more too. Yes it would've sent Nephew where he wanted but if they were out to fuck him over they should've just told him to stay in NY for another season.

TheChillFactor
05-20-2021, 07:28 PM
this guy has been a whiny bitch from the moment he got traded to us.

i'm so tired of looking at his pitted grille talk about depression and compton.

he claims to be a kobe stan, hasn't he ever seen a video of Kobe making a fucking three? good riddance.

baseline bum
05-20-2021, 08:26 PM
They couldn't have suspended him, he'd run the same play book, show up for a game and find a doctor to say he was injured. I can't imagine the league would have been ok with a top 5 player sitting out for a second year as well.

They were fine with it for one year. But yeah the league fucked New Orleans over when the Pelicans wanted to hold Davis out from playing until a trade had been worked out. Guess they would have done the same to the Spurs to get Leonard to the LA market.

B1gduff
05-20-2021, 08:50 PM

Perfectly said! Its wasn't one single guys fault, it was most of the guys inabaility to make shots. The guys that actually mades, shots, supperiouly were the two hated people on this board.

LCM
05-21-2021, 09:10 AM
Clippers at least offered Tobias Harris and the 11th/12th pick tbh. They prolly could've gotten more too. Yes it would've sent Nephew where he wanted but if they were out to fuck him over they should've just told him to stay in NY for another season.

That is the package that should have been taken. You could have flipped Harris at trade deadline, but those two picks could have been Michael Porter Jr. and Miles Bridges. You still would have had 17 where Lonnie was drafted. But that meant Pop would be coaching kids, and Harris who wouldn't have been here long.

LeBowen
05-21-2021, 09:24 AM

If not for Keldon and his potential, it would be the worst trade in history.

Should've made nephew sit for another season.

exstatic
05-21-2021, 10:17 AM
Spurstalk: Should have made Nephew sit until his contract expired!

Also Spurstalk: Why are we letting DeRozan walk for nothing?

TimDunkem
05-21-2021, 10:34 AM
and a bonafide china doll
At least we have our built-in excuse for the next few years as White plays a total of 40 games.

KobesAchilles
05-21-2021, 10:46 AM
We once didn't trade for MVP Barkley bc we didn't want to pay him 5 million a year. Just saying

KingKev
05-21-2021, 12:09 PM

Would have cost us the TD era but:

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott or Rodman
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

add Nique in his final year a couple seasons later and wow.

lefty
05-21-2021, 12:38 PM

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott or Rodman
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

As long as Strickland doesn't attempt an ill advised no-look pass in the last seconds of a game 7, or Charles doesn't gamble by going for a turrible steal attempt in crunch time

exstatic
05-21-2021, 02:50 PM

Rod Strickland
Dale Ellis
Sean Elliott or Rodman
Charles Barkley
David Robinson

‘Nique was more than done by the time he got here.

lefty
05-21-2021, 07:20 PM
‘Nique was more than done by the time he got here.
IIRC that season we beat the Lakers twice that season , with Mad Max and Nique going off on them
:lol fuck tanking

Thomas82
05-21-2021, 07:25 PM

Al Horford
Harrison Barnes
Andrew Wiggins

With a lottery pick attached, I hope.

Thomas82
05-22-2021, 01:36 AM

They should have taken that deal, maybe even try to get a little bit more out of the Clippers.

exstatic
05-22-2021, 08:09 AM
They should have taken that deal, maybe even try to get a little bit more out of the Clippers.

They never offered 11&12, and Harris would have walked in FA. He’s a nice player at the right price, but $30M isn’t the right price.

Dverde
05-22-2021, 03:11 PM
I believe the Spurs helped DDR more than he helped us. He had a bad game, but there is no game 2 to bounce back. Hoping that horrible performance drops his asking. Fine with 25 mill for 3 years. Okay with him also leaving.

Thomas82
05-22-2021, 03:39 PM
They never offered 11&12, and Harris would have walked in FA. He’s a nice player at the right price, but $30M isn’t the right price.

I could have sworn I heard one of the announcers at the draft say the Clippers offered the Spurs Harris plus both of their lottery picks for Nephew.

SpursDynasty85
05-22-2021, 03:43 PM
I could have sworn I heard one of the announcers at the draft say the Clippers offered the Spurs Harris plus both of their lottery picks for Nephew.

Pretty much everything was speculation. Considering they ended up signing him next summer anyway in what seemed like an "under the table" move, highly doubt Clippers were going to give up much for him that year anyway. My speculation is that it was a much deeper thing and Kawhi's camp literally did their very best to set back the Spurs franchise as much as possible (with external forces helping).

Thomas82
05-22-2021, 05:53 PM
Pretty much everything was speculation. Considering they ended up signing him next summer anyway in what seemed like an "under the table" move, highly doubt Clippers were going to give up much for him that year anyway. My speculation is that it was a much deeper thing and Kawhi's camp literally did their very best to set back the Spurs franchise as much as possible (with external forces helping).

All of this sounds about right.

Truth4sale$
05-22-2021, 05:59 PM
Toomuch blame on Derozan. He is what he is, a one dimensional player that was comfortable with what he does. Blame mgmt for not getting better value for any of their veterans ,( then and now)

DMC
05-22-2021, 06:02 PM
Amazing after the big 3 left how many "meh" players it turns out the Spurs have.

K...
05-22-2021, 07:29 PM
Amazing after the big 3 left how many "meh" players it turns out the Spurs have.
Manu was pretty important too In both the bench strength and getting guys good looks without being a ball diva. Complete anti derozan.

baseline bum
05-23-2021, 03:09 PM
Toomuch blame on Derozan. He is what he is, a one dimensional player that was comfortable with what he does. Blame mgmt for not getting better value for any of their veterans ,( then and now)

So keep DeRozan?

baseline bum
05-23-2021, 03:24 PM
Hey baseline bum...

You keep trying to prevent people from seeing my posts. Maybe I should start posting them in your threads.
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287716&page=17&p=10511513&viewfull=1#post10511513

Stop trying to kill people with your disinformation on the COVID vaccines that are finally giving us a degree of normalcy after a horrific year plus in the US and I'll stop spamming your shit.

baseline bum
05-23-2021, 03:33 PM
I'm trying to save people you shill.

Fuck you. I just lost one of my best friends of 30 years to COVID. If he would have been able to get vaccinated in time I'd probably be having a beer at his place watching the games today instead of talking to your faggot ass.

SpursDynasty85
05-23-2021, 03:36 PM
There is only two reasons you keep Derozan. He takes a discount and he recruits an actual alll-star with him to the team. Otherwise, too many younger olayers waiting to play and develop.

baseline bum
05-23-2021, 03:44 PM
There is only two reasons you keep Derozan. He takes a discount and he recruits an actual alll-star with him to the team. Otherwise, too many younger olayers waiting to play and develop.

Just not enough three point shooting on this roster for DeRozan to make any sense back. I think you have to pick between DeRozan and Murray and I'm taking Murray since he is an elite defender.

Kurgan
05-24-2021, 06:44 AM
Just not enough three point shooting on this roster for DeRozan to make any sense back. I think you have to pick between DeRozan and Murray and I'm taking Murray since he is an elite defender.

Murray's also younger and cheaper so it's a easy call to make. There's also the hope that he develops a three point shot while it's a lost cause with Derozan on that front.

Atl Spur
05-24-2021, 03:02 PM
Derozan served his purpose, time to move on though. I’d love to see a Dj, vassell, kJ, Collins , poodle line up

spurs1990
07-06-2021, 11:18 AM
I was thinking DeRozan was heading towards a return to San Antonio until the smoke billowing today online and from the LA sports show. Gotta believe DeRozan will take any chance to play for his hometown team.

We may finally have a replacement 'franchise' player who'll shoot a 3pt at least every other game.

EasyMoney
07-06-2021, 11:31 AM
I was thinking DeRozan was heading towards a return to San Antonio until the smoke billowing today online and from the LA sports show. Gotta believe DeRozan will take any chance to play for his hometown team.

We may finally have a replacement 'franchise' player who'll shoot a 3pt at least every other game.

The article mentions the 21 draft pick. But Harrell has to agree to opt in and be traded for it to work. There's no guarantee he will opt in though

John B
07-06-2021, 11:39 AM
The article mentions the 21 draft pick. But Harrell has to agree to opt in and be traded for it to work. There's no guarantee he will opt in though

I'd use that 21st pick to get Duarte if he's still available. That alone is worth the deal.

the golden era
07-06-2021, 12:06 PM
I'd use that 21st pick to get Duarte if he's still available. That alone is worth the deal.
If Duarte is still there absolutely

Seventyniner
07-06-2021, 01:45 PM
The DDR trade is difficult to pull off if it involves the Lakers #21 pick cause the teams would have to agree to a deal on draft night (so the Lakers pick who the Spurs want), then they would have to negotiate DDR's deal later once free agency starts.

That and the Harrell opt-in makes this look unlikely imo. Harrell would probably be able to get a multi-year MLE contract at the very least.

Ocotillo
07-06-2021, 01:49 PM
When you stop and think about it, the odds are against a trade happening. This is typical off-season media talking about how to get big name free agents to the Lakers. It happens every year so it would be surprising if anything happened. The only reason to give me pause is Derozan may want to play closer to where he is from.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-06-2021, 01:55 PM
I'd love to see a S&T involving DeRozan (the right S&T), just so we'd be getting something in return. I think he's more likely just to go and sign a deal outright.

Mnky
07-06-2021, 02:01 PM
I'd love to see a S&T involving DeRozan (the right S&T), just so we'd be getting something in return. I think he's more likely just to go and sign a deal outright.

Most contenders don't have the money to sign him.
It helps him as much as it does the spurs to do a sign and trade as it opens his options. He in noway thinks of himself as a minimum type player. He will also likely be willing to work with the spurs considering they have a good relationship.

Mnky
07-06-2021, 02:03 PM
When you stop and think about it, the odds are against a trade happening. This is typical off-season media talking about how to get big name free agents to the Lakers. It happens every year so it would be surprising if anything happened. The only reason to give me pause is Derozan may want to play closer to where he is from.

What options are so enticing? Which teams with cap space would be so intriguing for him?

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-06-2021, 02:06 PM
Most contenders don't have the money to sign him.
It helps him as much as it does the spurs to do a sign and trade as it opens his options. He in noway thinks of himself as a minimum type player. He will also likely be willing to work with the spurs considering they have a good relationship.

Makes sense. If he wants to go ring-chasing most contenders would have to free cap space, you're right. I'm hopeful we won't be willing to take on anyone's garbage. Then I'd rather just see him walk in that case. Toronto would probably welcome him back with open arms.

Robz4000
07-06-2021, 02:15 PM
DePression is going to the Knicks tbh.

ismael-robert
07-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Replace Harrell with tht

John B
07-07-2021, 11:07 AM
Old post, but if he gets the opportunity, he would love to play at home.
But hopefully the Spurs would try to get out of it. Kuzma, Harrell, THT and pick #22 (Duarte)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95kgsN4fSiE

baseline bum
07-13-2021, 02:33 PM
Old post, but if he gets the opportunity, he would love to play at home.
But hopefully the Spurs would try to get out of it. Kuzma, Harrell, THT and pick #22 (Duarte)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95kgsN4fSiE

I'm fine with trading him to the Lakers if he wants to go there and the Spurs can get an interesting asset or two but no fucking way I want Kuzma. That skinny pos thinks he can score 25 a game in this league and that he's some budding star. :lmao

BackHome
07-13-2021, 03:15 PM
I would do that trade and then trade Kuzma for a player or future draft pick. Do a little of what OK has done

spurs1990
07-13-2021, 04:32 PM
DeRozan on a James-Led Lakers team would be the perfect recipe for deepening my utter contempt for LA. I'd be giddy with every loss as much (or more) as during the 2001-2004 glory years.

Maybe Pop will sell low again and get Pope, 2021 1st and 2023 1st for DeRozan (probably not cap compatible), or as you suggest unload Kuzma to a 3rd team.

TheGreatYacht
07-13-2021, 04:43 PM
:lol at folks expecting Brian Wrong and Drunkford to not get finessed

Phenomanul
07-16-2021, 08:43 PM
Perhaps Derozan ends up with the Splash Bros... on that team he wouldn't be a liability or be forced to shoot the three...

Twisted_Dawg
07-16-2021, 08:49 PM
:lol at folks expecting Brian Wrong and Drunkford to not get finessed

Exactly

BackHome
07-17-2021, 01:02 PM
Man I am hoping the Spurs can finally catch some good luck and get something for DEROZZ

lmbebo
07-21-2021, 03:34 PM
10 Best Available NBA Free Agents (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/10-best-available-nba-free-agents/ar-AAMoLSk?ocid=msedgntp)

DeMar DeRozan, SGDeRozan turned in yet another 20 PPG season with the Spurs last year, owning the midrange in an age obsessed with the three-point line. DeRozan was the No. 1 option on that San Antonio team and may have to accept a downgrade in priority status if he wants to go for a shot at a championship rather than running it back (with the Spurs or someone else) as the top scoring option on a mediocre team. That will define how DeRozan's free agency will go. If he's willing to settle for an MLE deal or somthing around there, his suitors will line up around the block. But if he's looking for a deal that pays him $10 million-plus annually, that line will be much shorter.

Seventyniner
07-21-2021, 03:46 PM
I can't see DDR taking the MLE. Maybe for one year as a bet on himself. If he's going to sign a longer term deal he will get at least $16M per year imo.

SpursDynasty85
07-21-2021, 03:48 PM
10 Best Available NBA Free Agents (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/10-best-available-nba-free-agents/ar-AAMoLSk?ocid=msedgntp)

DeMar DeRozan, SG

DeRozan turned in yet another 20 PPG season with the Spurs last year, owning the midrange in an age obsessed with the three-point line. DeRozan was the No. 1 option on that San Antonio team and may have to accept a downgrade in priority status if he wants to go for a shot at a championship rather than running it back (with the Spurs or someone else) as the top scoring option on a mediocre team. That will define how DeRozan's free agency will go. If he's willing to settle for an MLE deal or somthing around there, his suitors will line up around the block. But if he's looking for a deal that pays him $10 million-plus annually, that line will be much shorter.

Dang, that's pretty harsh. I've always thought his value is around $20MM. If he goes to a place like NY or Detroit it would be $25MM but contenders would probably only want to pay $15-20MM. If he's worth $10MM we might as well sign him. lol.

SAGirl
07-21-2021, 03:57 PM
Someone suggesting Derozan take the MLE is likely hoping he signs with the Lakers or some shit. Even if he were to play a role as a second banana or a bench scorer, which I see him disinclined to do, but let's say he considers it, he would command more.

I can't take reports like that seriously tbh.

slick'81
07-21-2021, 03:59 PM
Dang, that's pretty harsh. I've always thought his value is around $20MM. If he goes to a place like NY or Detroit it would be $25MM but contenders would probably only want to pay $15-20MM. If he's worth $10MM we might as well sign him. lol.

i mean hell struggle to get the max ,but 10 mil plus would scare teams away?:lmao Whoever wrote that doesnt know shit

cd98
07-21-2021, 04:19 PM

It's MSN. Person is just spouting reading material. He isn't taking the MLE and it would be an insult to offer him the MLE. That's just the easiest way for him to get to a contender. But likely if he goes to a contender, it will have to be through a sign and trade.

Leetonidas
07-21-2021, 04:37 PM

DeMar DeRozan, SGDeRozan turned in yet another 20 PPG season with the Spurs last year, owning the midrange in an age obsessed with the three-point line. DeRozan was the No. 1 option on that San Antonio team and may have to accept a downgrade in priority status if he wants to go for a shot at a championship rather than running it back (with the Spurs or someone else) as the top scoring option on a mediocre team. That will define how DeRozan's free agency will go. If he's willing to settle for an MLE deal or somthing around there, his suitors will line up around the block. But if he's looking for a deal that pays him $10 million-plus annually, that line will be much shorter.

What retard wrote this article? :lol I'm not a demar fan by any means but lmao at anyone thinking he's getting less than 20M a season.

spurs1990
07-24-2021, 08:25 PM
Couple more Derozan to LA articles on somewhat reputable sports sites.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-former-all-star-demar-derozan-willing-to-take-a-pay-cut-to-join-lakers-per-report/

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyle-lowry-demar-derozan-170914603.html

The CBS is conflicting in that Derozan is willing to take a pay cut but all LA has is $6m deal.
The Spurs would need to do DeRozan a solid, which based on how nice they've been to him in his 3 years, I think they'd be willing.

DeRozan in LA with his pal Lowry is ideal scenario #1, and increases the odds of him not being here for another 3-4 years.

itzsoweezee
07-24-2021, 08:28 PM
Does Demar want the $ or does he want to win? He can’t have both

exstatic
07-24-2021, 08:38 PM

Uh, the MLE is really close to $10M. Not really a point in differentiating between them.

TD 21
07-24-2021, 11:21 PM
To Lakers: DeRozan

To Suns: Harrell, 22nd pick . . . presuming Paul is extended/re-signed, they're a year away from cap issues once Ayton's and Bridges' extensions kick in. This alleviates that and plugs backup C hole for a year.

To Spurs: Kuzma, Smith, Saric . . . Smith is a worthy flier to fill the needed stretch big (at least theoretically) role.

Uriel
07-24-2021, 11:29 PM
If the Spurs sign and trade DeRozan, nab Collins in free agency, and then draft Wagner/Sengun/Johnson with the 12th pick, I’ll be dancing in the streets.

NASpurs
07-27-2021, 03:41 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-clippers-join-lakers-in-5-team-race-for-demar-derozan/

Besides the Lakers, the Clippers, Knicks and Bulls are apparently also interested according to Marc J Spears.

spurs1990
07-27-2021, 05:05 PM
Article begins with San Antonio Spurs "Star". How many Star players are there, that their own team has no interest in bringing them back at a star salary (my thinking). Also that ESPN's clip focusing on DeRozan being one of the few players avegrage 20ppg since 2014... Did they see how that worked out in San Antonio the last two years. Both losing seasons with DeRozan being the anchor in the 2nd one.

dbestpro
07-27-2021, 06:13 PM
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-rumors-clippers-join-lakers-in-5-team-race-for-demar-derozan/

Besides the Lakers, the Clippers, Knicks and Bulls are apparently also interested according to Marc J Spears.

The Knicks can sign him straight up without doing a sign and trade.

K...
07-27-2021, 06:21 PM
Article begins with San Antonio Spurs "Star". How many Star players are there, that their own team has no interest in bringing them back at a star salary (my thinking). Also that ESPN's clip focusing on DeRozan being one of the few players avegrage 20ppg since 2014... Did they see how that worked out in San Antonio the last two years. Both losing seasons with DeRozan being the anchor in the 2nd one.

the spurs would pay him handsomely but won't give 3/4 years. And there is much more the derozan is saying GTFO San Antonio rather than the reverse.

K...
07-27-2021, 06:21 PM

the spurs would pay him handsomely but won't give 3/4 years. And there is much more the derozan is saying GTFO San Antonio rather than the reverse.

Drom John
07-28-2021, 12:01 PM
FiveThirtyEight Raptor / 2020-2021 salary

96th: Jarret Allen, DeMar DeRozan, Duncan Robinson, Domantas Sabonis, Christian Wood
96th salary: Jusuf Nurkic $12,000,000.

spurs1990
07-31-2021, 03:02 PM
More Derozan to LA smoke with him willing to take a big pay cut.

Derozan, James, Westbrook, and Davis will make for must see TV.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-demar-derozan-expected-to-still-show-significant-interest-in-joining-lakers/

https://youtu.be/IYsZg15pCOM

tim_duncan_fan
07-31-2021, 03:06 PM
More Derozan to LA smoke with him willing to take a big pay cut.

Derozan, James, Westbrook, and Davis will make for must see TV.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-demar-derozan-expected-to-still-show-significant-interest-in-joining-lakers/

https://youtu.be/IYsZg15pCOM

No shooting. I love it for them!

ElNono
07-31-2021, 03:07 PM
I was hoping that drafting Josh Primo would make him reconsider... lmao

pad300
07-31-2021, 05:36 PM
Media talks up names to the Lakers. I will believe in DDR taking a huge paycut on his last big contract when I see it.

lmbebo
07-31-2021, 06:01 PM
Going from 27 mil/yr to 5.9 mil? at 32 years old. Not sure Demar takes that... I've heard people throwing out that he could make 13-17 mil/yr.

I also heard someone push Mills to Lakers to ring chase (Mills already has a ring ..)

All these players taking the vet min to play alongside Lebron, AD, Westbrook....

lefty
07-31-2021, 06:10 PM
No shooting. I love it for them!
Last 2 NBA Champs aren’t known for their shooting

K...
07-31-2021, 07:18 PM
i am convinced he's just faking to LA to get better offers from the east. as in we "we are mad that our client is being considered a third rate FA, if you sad ass teams don't bring the money on day one he'll go to LA and get to suck lebrons dick for compensation"

tim_duncan_fan
07-31-2021, 08:14 PM

I see that, but Bucks got VERY lucky, imo.

Marcus Bryant
07-31-2021, 09:18 PM

Hear, hear. Blow it up. He wasn’t good enough to make the team an 8th seed during his tenure. No sense in going through the purgatory of early teens lotto picks and settling for being close to making the playoffs.

We’ll see what free agency might bring, I’m skeptical. Stockpile draft assets and man, make good draft decisions.

While it’d be nice to see Pop not coaching lotto teams, it is what it is. Small markets build through the draft. RC needs to put down the bottle, get out from behind the desk, and get back in the saddle.

lefty
07-31-2021, 09:27 PM
I see that, but Bucks got VERY lucky, imo.
They did catch a few breaks, I’m not gonna disagree

Marcus Bryant
07-31-2021, 09:30 PM
Now every Spurs fan should realize what an absolute blessing 1989 through 2019 was from a sports perspective.

Prime BEEF
07-31-2021, 10:02 PM
Don’t see him taking a pay cut. He wants to be on a contender and make his money. Not many options for that. Maybe a double S/T to Atlanta for Collins

slick'81
07-31-2021, 10:14 PM
Now every Spurs fan should realize what an absolute blessing 1989 through 2019 was from a sports perspective.

David robinso,tim duncan:toast tony&manu werent too bad either. Def a helluva ride

time to rip the band-aid off rebuild,and go young. Let murray/white and co. have all they can eat

JeffDuncan
07-31-2021, 11:31 PM

Update your data. 3pt shooting last year for some of the Bucks:

Middleton .414
Holiday .392
Connaughton .371
DiVincenzo .379
Forbes .452 (best of his career)

NASpurs
08-01-2021, 01:38 AM
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-07-31/nba-free-agency-lakers-clippers-options

"DeRozan had his sights set on joining the Lakers as a free agent and coming home to play for his favorite team while growing up in Compton. But Russ put the brakes on that. DeRozan made $27 million last season and probably doesn’t want to take that big of a pay cut. So, for the Clippers to sign DeRozan, they probably would have to do a sign-and-trade. But watch out for Dallas possibly being a home for DeRozan."

slick'81
08-01-2021, 01:39 AM
Any news on this bum actually leaving yet?

TheChillFactor
08-01-2021, 06:39 AM
after hearing about how we just couldn't live without this clown on the roster, the lakers pick fucking westbrook over him? on a $40mm+ deal?

lmao this should tell you all you need to know about the value of this "franchise" player.

lebron thinks he has a better chance in an angry little player that uses every possession and shoots 20% from 3. pobrecito derozan hahaha

GreekSpursfan
08-01-2021, 09:08 AM
Bucks weren't a good 3pt shooting team but when their defense was on it was suffocating, the best by a wide margin. Lakers defense can never reach that lvl with LeBron at his age and RW, imagine DDR as well.

NASpurs
08-01-2021, 01:26 PM

NASpurs
08-01-2021, 02:45 PM

Eaglenole2002
08-01-2021, 04:00 PM
http://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1421937992055222277?s=21 (https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1421937992055222277?s=21)

ace3g
08-01-2021, 04:01 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1411554325168627713/YPhnbz2Z_normal.jpg (https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine) Marc Stein (https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine) (https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine) @TheSteinLine (https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine)

In addition to its increasingly promising pursuit of Kyle Lowry, Miami has been exploring pathways for acquiring Lowry's former teammate and free agent-to-be DeMar DeRozan as well, league sources say. More NBA from me: marcstein.substack.com (https://t.co/A6ycVm5PUQ)
3:56pm · 1 Aug 2021 (https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1421937992055222277) · TweetDeck (https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/how-to-tweet#source-labels)

Eaglenole2002
08-01-2021, 04:04 PM

how do you post tweets with that formatting?

BG_Spurs_Fan
08-01-2021, 04:06 PM
No idea how Miami think their spacing would work if they get DDR. One fun fact is that for the last two seasons, basically for as long as Jimmy Butler has been with the Heat, DDR has shot the 3 at a better % than Butler. With Bam also not being a 3 point threat it'd be awkward.

If they trade Dragic in the Lowry S&T it'd be difficult to make the numbers work for DDR.

NASpurs
08-01-2021, 04:16 PM
http://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1421937992055222277?s=21 (https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1421937992055222277?s=21)

Get all the numbers in this link you posted, for example (from 1421...2277) and put them inside a tweet tag with open and closing tags.

Or just click “Reply with quote” on my post with the tweet for an example.

Eaglenole2002
08-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Get all the numbers in this link you posted, for example (from 1421...2277) and put them inside a tweet tag with open and closing tags.

Thanks!

4lifecowboy
08-01-2021, 04:34 PM
They will team up in Dallas. We will end up with Portzingis in a sign and trade for Derozan

poopbox
08-01-2021, 05:49 PM
They will team up in Dallas. We will end up with Portzingis in a sign and trade for Derozan

I would be ok with this. I had said from the beginning that if we sign and trade derozan for anything, it would be for Porzingis to Dallas. That mostly hinges on what Tim Hardaway Jr does though

spurs1990
08-01-2021, 07:47 PM
I'm all good with Porzingis even with his inability to stay off injured reserve.

We'll be jettisoning a guy who refused to take a 3pt with a 7 footer who averages 5 attempts a game.
We'll have Poetle as the only non shooter on the roster.

Dennis the Menace
08-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Derozan & Porzingis swap would be interesting.

If we could get one of Myles Turner, Siakam, John Collins, or Porzingis. That would be a win

slick'81
08-01-2021, 07:53 PM

Cant dallas just sign drozan outright?

CGD
08-01-2021, 07:55 PM

You must be a Mavs fan. Rather they sign DeMar out right.

4lifecowboy
08-01-2021, 08:01 PM
Cant dallas just sign drozan outright?

Not if the plan is to get Lowry too.

CGD
08-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Not if the plan is to get Lowry too.

Let them work out the S&T with Raptors then.

Dejounte
08-01-2021, 08:05 PM
If the goal is to attain high character guys, you don’t poison the well by going after Porzingis.

slick'81
08-01-2021, 08:09 PM
I dont see demar wating anything to do with texas anymore. Aren't the heat the frunt runners to nab lowry?

CGD
08-01-2021, 08:17 PM
I dont see demar wating anything to do with texas anymore. Aren't the heat the frunt runners to nab lowry?

Yes. So stay away from KP swap crap.

Separately, the Lowery to Heat thing also makes the rumor of reuniting him with DeRozen hard. Apparently DDR not feeling taking MLE money from Lakers now, so hes probably that much more unlikely to take it from Miami.

slick'81
08-01-2021, 08:21 PM
Yes. So stay away from KP swap crap.

Separately, the Lowery to Heat thing also makes the rumor of reuniting him with DeRozen hard. Apparently DDR not feeling taking MLE money from Lakers now, so hes probably that much more unlikely to take it from Miami.

Interesting to see what team if any pays him what he wants. His whole talk of i have enough money its about a ring might be bs

CGD
08-01-2021, 08:31 PM
Interesting to see what team if any pays him what he wants. His whole talk of i have enough money its about a ring might be bs

I think all the happy talk came crashing down once the Westbrick trade happened. And the Clipper path to ring looks bad now, so that has to be out too.

Looks at the rest of the options:

- The Knicks might talk themselves into it, but it feels like they have a competent FO now so dont bank on it.

- the Miami thing looks bleak since they’re essentially also relying on a full MLE offer.

- Maybe Dallas? But they have to decide what to do with Hardaway first. That would eat into their space, but they at least could have more than the MLE to use.

- My dark horse and preferred option is Washington as a running mate for Beal, but we have no idea where Beal’s head truly is.

And of course, I don’t yet rule out the Spurs doing something dumb and offering him and extension. I pray not, but I don’t think we know for sure yet. Barf.

slick'81
08-01-2021, 08:35 PM
I think all the happy talk came crashing down once the Westbrick trade happened. And the Clipper path to ring looks bad now, so that has to be out too.

Looks at the rest of the options:

- The Knicks might talk themselves into it, but it feels like they have a competent FO now so dont bank on it.

- the Miami thing looks bleak since they’re essentially also relying on a full MLE offer.

- Maybe Dallas? But they have to decide what to do with Hardaway first. That would eat into their space, but they at least could have more than the MLE to use.

- My dark horse and preferred option is Washington as a running mate for Beal, but we have no idea where Beal’s head truly is.

And of course, I don’t yet rule out the Spurs doing something dumb and offering him and extension. I pray not, but I don’t think we know for sure yet. Barf.

Yea resigning derozan would be a swift kick to the balls. Still some posters on here will look at it as a positive somehow:lol

TDomination
08-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Watch us resign demar and somehow get Lowry down here too. Lol

slick'81
08-01-2021, 08:46 PM
Watch us resign demar and somehow get Lowry down here too. Lol

Dejounte would be a mess on insta