PDA

View Full Version : My Time in Boston

Ghost Writer
11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
We went to Legal Fish restaurant and the waiter noticed my Spurs hat. He said Bowen was just in and reminded me that he had once played for the Celtics. The waiter said he dropped a $100 tip on a bowl of chowder!

Our seats in the Banknorth Garden were sweet. Cam Neely, Dennis Leary, Richard Seymour and Tom Brady were all in the house.

I did not like to see Horry starting, as pathetic as our centers have been playing. I like preserving Horry for the most part and living with our 5s.

Sean Marks saw significant time during the Celtics comeback stretch.

I never heard of that Saunders kid before last night.

Van Exel has b@lls of brass.

Ginobili looks visibly hobbled. It was nice to see he busted out tonight, but he looked kind of hurt last night.

Parker got to the rim at will. Doc Rivers brought Dickau off the bench to slow Parker down, but to no avail.

Looks like the Spur shave more faith in the Duncan-for-3 play at the end of quarters.

I've been going to Spurs games all over the East Coast for some years now. Chalk it up to the exciting players on the team and the 3 titles, but I have never seen more Spurs fans at these road games than I did in Boston last night. My whole row was clad in Spurs gear! It was pretty amazing. Lots of Spurs fans that were loud, passionate and supportive in the stands. Nice to see.

exstatic
11-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Hey, GW. Good to see you post. I'm sorry that I have to give you some bad news. While you were gone, your arch nemesis MB stole your place and title as forum bitch.

Solid D
11-13-2005, 06:56 AM
We went to Legal Fish restaurant and the waiter noticed my Spurs hat. He said Bowen was just in and reminded me that he had once played for the Celtics. The waiter said he dropped a $100 tip on a bowl of chowder!

Legal Seafood is always good, although they probably pay referral fees like crazy to concierges at all the local hotels.

Good talk and on-the-scene game report.

I never heard of that Saunders kid before last night..........

Welcome to the Forum. :smokin

timvp
11-13-2005, 07:00 AM
A season is officially started without a Ghost Writer game report.

:tu

Marcus Bryant
11-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey, GW. Good to see you post. I'm sorry that I have to give you some bad news. While you were gone, your arch nemesis MB stole your place and title as forum bitch.

Spurs fans have crawled so far up Holt Cat's ass that GW, MB and timvp are now on the same side.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-13-2005, 08:24 PM

:lol

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2005, 09:21 PM
The Armageddon must be upon us; either MB and GW agree on Spurs management or they disagree and GW has changed sides.

Legal Seafood is always good, although they probably pay referral fees like crazy to concierges at all the local hotels.

Legal is definitely a good choice, regardless of how you end up there. I went the the Legal in Cambridge a few years ago and had a great time.

Solid D
11-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Jimmy's Harborside is also an excellent choice, when in The Hub.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
I remember the original Legal's, when it was a basic fish market in Inman Square.

Then the place mysteriously burned down, and next thing you know they were sprouting up in fancy places all over town.

I find the name kind of ironic.

Brodels
11-13-2005, 10:02 PM
The Armageddon must be upon us; either MB and GW agree on Spurs management or they disagree and GW has changed sides.

Legal is definitely a good choice, regardless of how you end up there. I went the the Legal in Cambridge a few years ago and had a great time.

I agree. The one in Cambridge off of the Kendall/MIT Red Line stop is great.

And no trip to Boston is complete without a trip to Mike's Pasties, of course.

ShoogarBear
11-13-2005, 10:33 PM
And no trip to Boston is complete without a trip to Mike's Pasties, of course.

:lol Is that in the old Combat Zone?