PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Kawhi back

SURGE
05-26-2021, 01:21 AM
If the clippers choke and get eliminated by the mavs I really hope Kawhi would comeback to the SPURS and we try to sign John Collins to put us back in contention

Dancelot
05-26-2021, 01:26 AM
Yes...That would be pretty neat.

Gorepopovich
05-26-2021, 01:26 AM
Unkle Dennis= claw

Spurs Homer
05-26-2021, 01:28 AM
Fuck kawhitter

it would be like taking back a woman who cheated on you

then you take her back

fucking weak

daslicer
05-26-2021, 01:38 AM
He'll be a Knick. Knicks fans will look past his failures since they are just desperate to get a superstar. He will get love in NYC just for being there. The Knicks are still more popular than the Nets. He can fill the vacuum for them and plus Uncle Dennis loves NYC.

Texas_Ranger
05-26-2021, 01:41 AM
if kawhi is a smart, he'll go to the Mavs.

Em-City
05-26-2021, 01:43 AM
Due left to be home, why would he come back to a non-competitor with whom he has baggage?

daslicer
05-26-2021, 01:43 AM

I will vomit if he joins the Mavs. I actually like Doncic but seeing him paired with Kawhi would be insufferable.

Atl Spur
05-26-2021, 02:09 AM
He'll be a Knick. Knicks fans will look past his failures since they are just desperate to get a superstar. He will get love in NYC just for being there. The Knicks are still more popular than the Nets. He can fill the vacuum for them and plus Uncle Dennis loves NYC.

This!

99 Problems
05-26-2021, 02:13 AM
:lol. Oh dear, wot Kawhi, Patti and Pop could have achieved.

R. DeMurre
05-26-2021, 02:56 AM
:lolIt would be hilarious to see which posters would immediately embrace his return, after posting for two years that he was the devil.

DeRozan m8
05-26-2021, 03:23 AM
Everything about this post is so low iq and just plain fucking stupid...I hope its satire.

Weirdness part is I think OP is serious and it boggles my mind people can have such little idea about things.
Explains the dumb idiots I see on fb.

Even more surprising you've been around since 2013 at least.

Zero % chance it happens and I'm not even gonna waste my time spelling it out for someone so ignorant.

You've wasted enough of my time

Good day

Dejounte
05-26-2021, 03:40 AM
He's not leaving LA. He cares more about being at home than winning.

NK123
05-26-2021, 05:27 AM
- Man... I'm here hoping for the same here.

JohnnyMax
05-26-2021, 06:12 AM
I want him to leave Clippers but not sign with his former teams so he can be known as a journeyman. That way it makes him look bad compared to Spurs greats because there are people who disrespect them to elevate this clown.

exstatic
05-26-2021, 06:21 AM
The co-dependency is strong in this thread….

baseline bum
05-26-2021, 06:43 AM

If he was smart he would have stayed in Toronto, he's not.

dbestpro
05-26-2021, 07:00 AM
Lakers might find a way into the mix.

Maddog
05-26-2021, 07:03 AM

This

DMC
05-26-2021, 08:14 AM
Kawhi is where he wants to be. My guess is he would retire before going outside California. Then he could sit out every game.

Fireball
05-26-2021, 08:15 AM
he stays in L.A. ... other things around him will change ... he is the sun ... not a planet

Texas_Ranger
05-26-2021, 08:21 AM

Toronto wasnt gonna win again. They won the ring just cause of injuries.

daslicer
05-26-2021, 08:29 AM
:lolIt would be hilarious to see which posters would immediately embrace his return, after posting for two years that he was the devil.

Agreed. I could never root for him even if he returned.

Brazil
05-26-2021, 09:19 AM
I just hope he lose the serie and break his leg in the process

dogpraying.jpg

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-26-2021, 09:21 AM
:ban: OP

Leetonidas
05-26-2021, 09:22 AM
If Nephew actually cared about winning he wouldn't have opted out of defending his title. He has his two rings, he doesn't give a fuck anymore

KobesAchilles
05-26-2021, 09:29 AM
It's interesting bc you would think that in the next few years, the West would be his for the taking. Lebron will be too old, AD can't be the man of a championship franchise. The Mavs chose the wrong guy in KP so that could hinder them building around Luka. Portland still doesn't look that great matched up against the Clips. Denver might lose in the first round to Portland and who knows how long it takes for Murray to get back to his level pre-injury. Utah and Phoenix are question marks as well. The west can be very winnable the next two seasons if they stay the course...

Though having Playoff Pee as your second option isn't the greatest of things :lol

PrimeMinister
05-26-2021, 09:39 AM
Jokic and Doncic are going to be the gatekeepers of the west in the coming seasons.

Kawhi is still really good, but he’s starting to get outpaced by players that do the 3point pace and space game to better effect. The 2 euros are also way, way, way better playmakers than kawhi and are systems in and of themselves.

To the point of Kawhi coming back- he literally could not have made more explicitly clear what the desire and priories are. I don’t think the on court product of his team matters at all.

offset formation
05-26-2021, 09:46 AM
FOH

baseline bum
05-26-2021, 09:54 AM
Toronto wasnt gonna win again. They won the ring just cause of injuries.

While true that nobody was beating Golden State without injuries in 2019, I would take that Toronto team against the Lakers last year and they'd have a great shot against the Nets this year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-26-2021, 10:08 AM
If Nephew actually cared about winning he wouldn't have opted out of defending his title. He has his two rings, he doesn't give a fuck anymore

I actually think Kawhi believed the hype. People were comparing him to Lebron, and I truly believe he and uncle thought he could go to the Clippers and just bring a championship with him.

He demanded Paul George as his running mate, and the Clips traded the farm to appease him. The loss to the Nuggets in last year's playoffs was apparently Doc Rivers' fault, so Kawhi had him fired. Kawhi wants to win, I truly believe that. He's just got this inflated sense of how much he brings and how capable he is.

He's getting roasted in the media this morning, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-26-2021, 10:17 AM
didn’t watch but quadbone had 41 on 21 shots. did he not play defense or what? or is the rest of the team simply spursesque (ie not good)

C-Dub
05-26-2021, 10:23 AM
Next season starting 5 Jersey Numbers for the Spurs are as follows:

#1 LW4
#2 DA CLAW
#3 BIG BODY
#4 D. WHITE
#5 DJM

Next season's rotation is as follows:

DJM - Patty - T. Jones
D. White - LW4 - QW
Kawhi - Vassell - KBD
F.A. - Luka - 1st Rd Pick
Jakob - Dieng - Eubanks

Need the starting Free Agent PF to be a really good 3&D player as well as the 1st Rd Pick and the Spurs would be 2 years away from completing for the CHIP again. Do not base our young guys off of this year and past season's along. They will all only get better within this 2 year period and would compete for the CHIP in 2 years with this lineup.

cd98
05-26-2021, 10:24 AM
Luka is better than Kawhi. I don't think Kawhi is a top 5 player in the NBA.

Rocalcio
05-26-2021, 11:01 AM
Sorry OP, but that’s a shitty thread.

Maddog
05-26-2021, 11:05 AM
didn’t watch but quadbone had 41 on 21 shots. did he not play defense or what? or is the rest of the team simply spursesque (ie not good)

A little of both
He doesn't really play defense like he used to-The Clips shot .536 and lost.
He looks a little too heavy and doesn't have the quickness he used to have and also seems to be saving his energy for the offensive side.

John B
05-26-2021, 11:48 AM
Moved on :wakeup

Russ
05-26-2021, 12:11 PM
He's getting roasted in the media this morning, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Here in LA he's just being laughed at -- it's all about winners here, not resumes. It's all about lately.

For decades the Clippers needed a face for their historic failure, now they have a confused-looking one. Perfect casting. Print it, CB.

rjv
05-26-2021, 12:42 PM

that's exactly what i was thinking when watching the game last night-that kawhi wasn't the best player on the court. that designation belonged to luka.

Brazil
05-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Jokic and Doncic are going to be the gatekeepers of the west in the coming seasons.

Kawhi is still really good, but he’s starting to get outpaced by players that do the 3point pace and space game to better effect. The 2 euros are also way, way, way better playmakers than kawhi and are systems in and of themselves.

To the point of Kawhi coming back- he literally could not have made more explicitly clear what the desire and priories are. I don’t think the on court product of his team matters at all.

As much as I wish Kawhi tears his ACL and end his career dude is not just still good, he is dominant offensively and even though he lost a bit on Defense, he is still one of the best defender on the league. Now and no surprises here Lue is awful and PG is a perenial loser tbh... Batum is almost more positively impactful than he is in this serie.

I don't get Clippers defense, they still have not figured that switching on Luka is a fucking bad idea ? :lol Luka is basically choosing on each possession who is going to defend him, guess what ? he is picking Zubac all night long and he is tearing his butthole apart.. who would have thought ? :lol

lefty
05-26-2021, 12:48 PM
As much as I wish Kawhi tears his ACL and end his career dude is not just still good, he is dominant offensively and even though he lost a bit on Defense, he is still one of the best defender on the league. Now and no surprises here Lue is awful and PG is a perenial loser tbh... Batum is almost more positively impactful than he is in this serie.

I don't get Clippers defense, they still have not figured that switching on Luka is a fucking bad idea ? :lol Luka is basically choosing on each possession who is going to defend him, guess what ? he is picking Zubac all night long and he is tearing his butthole apart.. who would have thought ? :lol
Well players like Luka are a matchup nightmare

KL is too small to guard him, PG not strong enough, Zubac slower and don't get me started on that barking midget dog Pat Bev

Best thing they can do is double team him and hope his teammates miss, which would be easier if that unicorn Porzingis wasn't playing

MultiTroll
05-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Trading SGA, Shamet, Boban and the boatload of picks and going after Playoff Pee George was an epic failure. Flees Fiddy Patty and 48 mil Gasol for this shit? Loco.

How much of that was Uncles doing or just incompetency by Clippers, who knows.

Either way Klaw held his own against Luka last night. This was way more about the cast.

Texas_Ranger
05-26-2021, 01:38 PM
While true that nobody was beating Golden State without injuries in 2019, I would take that Toronto team against the Lakers last year and they'd have a great shot against the Nets this year.

Irving >> lowry
Durant > nephew
Harden>>> vanflet

Id mention siakam, but that guy is a fraud. They couldnt make the playoffs this year. That team is shit and would have zero shot vs the Nets.
You re right about last year, when teams were injured, but no injuries, they aint that good.

MultiTroll
05-26-2021, 01:42 PM
This.
Had he ran it back with Toronto he could have retired and would be in conversations of Top 15 all time.
Now his only chance is to try to pair with another star or two. Ie Luka, Miami.
The Luka join would be a lesser of all time bitch move Durbetta style. Going Judas on OKC and joining the Bay Gays.

baseline bum
05-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Irving >> lowry
Durant > nephew
Harden>>> vanflet

Id mention siakam, but that guy is a fraud. They couldnt make the playoffs this year. That team is shit and would have zero shot vs the Nets.
You re right about last year, when teams were injured, but no injuries, they aint that good.

Meh how many years have we watched Harden piss away championships? Looks like the Raptors hated playing in Tampa and their frontcourt from 2019 has been completely gutted.

baseline bum
05-26-2021, 03:32 PM
This.
Had he ran it back with Toronto he could have retired and would be in conversations of Top 15 all time.
Now his only chance is to try to pair with another star or two. Ie Luka, Miami.
The Luka join would be a lesser of all time bitch move Durbetta style. Going Judas on OKC and joining the Bay Gays.

There is nothing that will ever be as weak as Durant going to a 73 win Warriors team that he choked a 3-1 lead to as well as a late Game 6 lead at home to. Would have been like Jordan joining the 86 Celtics.

Texas_Ranger
05-26-2021, 03:36 PM
Meh how many years have we watched Harden piss away championships? Looks like the Raptors hated playing in Tampa and their frontcourt from 2019 has been completely gutted.

Harden being an alpha is not winning anything, thats true. Being a 2/3rd option I think can work.

spurraider21
05-26-2021, 03:43 PM
he should go hide in Brooklyn for the vets min

Texas_Ranger
05-26-2021, 03:45 PM
i really would love to see him go to some shithole like Sacramento. Lets see if he's an alpha. Sucks that he's a bitch and will join the Warriors if they lose in the first round. All these new ''superstars'' are a joke.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-26-2021, 03:49 PM

KL is too small to guard him, PG not strong enough, Zubac slower and don't get me started on that barking midget dog Pat Bev

Best thing they can do is double team him and hope his teammates miss, which would be easier if that unicorn Porzingis wasn't playing

again, didn’t watch ... but kawhi is ~ as tall as luka, and luka didnt strike me as particularly strong ..

r0drig0lac
05-26-2021, 03:52 PM

this

he stays in L.A. ... other things around him will change ... he is the sun ... not a planet

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Allan Rowe vs Wade
05-26-2021, 03:55 PM
again, didn’t watch ... but kawhi is ~ as tall as luka, and luka didnt strike me as particularly strong ..

that being said, luka and mavs have been cleaving the spurs rectums so ferociously lately that i was mainly just seeing luka dominate in all aspects of offense so not really focussed on his physical strength per se

rjv
05-26-2021, 04:14 PM

i don't know. last night, luka didn't move kawhi off the block but luka didn't get pushed around by leonard either. luka has a much thicker trunk than kawhi. and that turn around jump shot on leonard was a thing of beauty. made me wonder as to whether or not dirk has been teaching the kid a thing or two.

SAGirl
05-26-2021, 04:35 PM
Really happy for the Mavs. Somehow the team that came to mind if Kawhi wanted to bolt the Clippers is GSW, but he probably wants to stay in LA.

jjspur
05-26-2021, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Kawhi breaks his leg but I do think the clippers lose the series. Watch for Lue to get fired or Paul George get traded after Kawhi throws a quiet non verbal tantrum.

koriwhat
05-26-2021, 05:00 PM
I hate the mavs organization so much but Luka gets nothing but love. That dude is a straight up baller!

BacktoBasics
05-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Fuck him breaking a leg. I hope he dies choking on one of uncle Dennis chicken wings.

GreekSpursfan
05-26-2021, 05:31 PM
He's going to whoever gives his uncle a private plane and part of the team lol. Kawhi is not the same player, he stopped being a two way player, he's mediocre at best defensively nowadays, he doesn't want to spend much energy on that end probably because his legs can't handle it any more. Miami is the perfect destination because others will play defense for him.

Jordan Jackson
05-26-2021, 05:36 PM
I see Uncle Dennis has his favourite useful idiot Jabari Young pushing this nonsense on Twitter. Nobody believes nephew is leaving. Dude wants to work from home.

Anyway, it’s fun watching him burn down that clippers franchise.

J_Paco
05-26-2021, 06:11 PM

I hate Leonard just as much as anyone else, but he's still better than Luka.

Luka's elite playmaking doesn't close the gap that exists between them defensively. Now, in another year or two as Kawhi's degenerative quad hinders him more and more then that'll be true.

Not yet.

Flawless
05-26-2021, 08:00 PM
Why would you want to bring back someone that quit on the team? I appreciate all that he has done for this city to help bring us a championship but I wouldn't want him back.

cjw
05-26-2021, 08:28 PM
Fuck kawhitter

then you take her back

fucking weak

If she’s hot enough and there’s a bunch of 3s and 4s walking around the bar...

spurs1990
05-26-2021, 11:26 PM
We've gone through so much misery in the last three DeRozan-Forbes-Belinelli-Mills-Gay seasons that I'd have no problem forgetting about the unpleasantness of 2017-2018 and have Leonard back on the team. Aside from that quitting stunt he still embodies the prototypical San Antonio Spur in how carries himself on and off the court. He was supposed to be a Spur start to finish.

If James could go back to Cleveland after 4 years, Leonard can too.

timtonymanu
05-26-2021, 11:28 PM
We've gone through so much misery in the last three DeRozan-Forbes-Belinelli-Mills-Gay seasons that I'd have no problem forgetting about the unpleasantness of 2017-2018 and have Leonard back on the team. Aside from that quitting stunt he still embodies the prototypical San Antonio Spur in how carries himself on and off the court. He was supposed to be a Spur start to finish.

You must not follow but his antics off the court are definitely anti-Spur. :lol alienating your own teammates

Obi Juan Kenobi
05-26-2021, 11:35 PM
I'd be fine with it but I'm not going to get any hopes up for a reunion...

Spurs should still do their due diligence and explore it...its not like the franchise has improved any since he left...

KaiRMD1
05-27-2021, 12:38 AM
He ain't never coming back, don't get your hopes up. I'd rather he keep failing with Playoff P over there

Maddog
05-27-2021, 06:02 AM
I hate Leonard just as much as anyone else, but he's still better than Luka.

Luka's elite playmaking doesn't close the gap that exists between them defensively. Now, in another year or two as Kawhi's degenerative quad hinders him more and more then that'll be true.

Not yet.

He doesn't play defense like he used to. Now if he was on a team that told him he had to and helped share the offensive load....

Unlike Lebron, Nephew is not loved by his teammates. there are a lot of stories about irritation with his showing up late- not being part of the team etc.

Down Under
05-27-2021, 07:06 AM
Kawhi 4 yrs $160m
Mills 2 yrs $10m
Dieng 3 yrs $21m
We'd do well to sign another forward with the full MLE.

Brazil
05-27-2021, 07:20 AM

yeah but still stop switching on defense, I mean for their limitations against him both PG and KL do a better job guarding him than freaking Zubac. Lue is a terrible coach tbh

Brazil
05-27-2021, 07:21 AM
also Carlisle is a stud tbh... severly underrated. would love to see him coach the Spurs after Pop retire tbh...

exstatic
05-27-2021, 09:23 AM
also Carlisle is a stud tbh... severly underrated. would love to see him coach the Spurs after Pop retire tbh...

Carlisle is Doc Rivers, a middling coach with one title a long time ago.

dbestpro
05-27-2021, 09:41 AM
We never really filled the SF position once KL left. It still is filled by a committee of shooting guards.

K...
05-27-2021, 10:11 AM
We never really filled the SF position once KL left. It still is filled by a committee of shooting guards.

Of course we did. We just renamed it pf. We don't have an elite sf.

Spurtacular
05-27-2021, 10:12 AM
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7bfe1b22-c685-4b8a-9129-6792859d3f8b

https://i.imgur.com/cZ6lsQc.jpg (https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7bfe1b22-c685-4b8a-9129-6792859d3f8b)

Brazil
05-27-2021, 02:48 PM
Carlisle is Doc Rivers, a middling coach with one title a long time ago.

:lol

EricB
05-27-2021, 03:20 PM
I actually think Kawhi believed the hype. People were comparing him to Lebron, and I truly believe he and uncle thought he could go to the Clippers and just bring a championship with him.

He demanded Paul George as his running mate, and the Clips traded the farm to appease him. The loss to the Nuggets in last year's playoffs was apparently Doc Rivers' fault, so Kawhi had him fired. Kawhi wants to win, I truly believe that. He's just got this inflated sense of how much he brings and how capable he is.

he’ll just pull a Durant and sign with Golden State

BillMc
05-27-2021, 03:54 PM
Fuck him breaking a leg. I hope he dies choking on one of uncle Dennis chicken wings.

r0drig0lac
05-27-2021, 04:49 PM

poopbox
05-27-2021, 06:59 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Kawhi breaks his leg but I do think the clippers lose the series. Watch for Lue to get fired or Paul George get traded after Kawhi throws a quiet non verbal tantrum.

Clippers going to fire a first year coach and trade a guy who just signed a 200 million dollar contract :lol

exstatic
05-27-2021, 09:46 PM

He hasn’t coached the Mavs to. Playoff series win in ten years. Pop coached a series winner 5 years ago, but is supposedly washed.

illusioNtEk
05-27-2021, 10:21 PM
What if he apologizes then what?

exstatic
05-27-2021, 10:28 PM

He won’t.

Wu36
05-28-2021, 03:10 AM
I hope he gets jealous of Stephons China statue. Could be bank for uncle

8FOR!3
05-28-2021, 09:02 AM
Fuck kawhitter

then you take her back

fucking weak

I mean this is true, but it's a game not real life and it doesn't have real life implications on fans other than it's kind cool for some people (and frustrating at the same time.) Less like a girl who cheats and more like one who just leaves and then wants to come back into your life lol. Odds are it won't happen anyways.

Brazil
05-28-2021, 09:44 AM
He hasn’t coached the Mavs to. Playoff series win in ten years. Pop coached a series winner 5 years ago, but is supposedly washed.

After their title they went full TOSB retirement house, kidd was almost 40, Marion was in his 35 like fucking Terry and Dirk was washed up... Their young talent was Rodrigue fucking Beaubois. Until the arrival of Luka they had some pretty terrible teams and yes much worst than the Spurs including 5 years ago Spurs. Last year they lost a 6 games serie against hugely favored Clippers.. nothing to be ashamed of.

Carlisle is a smart coach, always gave lots of problems to the Spurs, has solid play calling and Xs and Os. Now he has a young superstar and he is developing him nicely. Mavs are gonna be a powerhouse for the years to come with superstar talent and a solid coach.

I hope you don't draw parallel between Carlisle and Rivers tbh... Rivers underachieved every season except that Boston title, I don't feel Carlisle has never underachieved with the talent pool he had to work with.

John B
05-28-2021, 10:10 AM
If he does a LeBron doing it right with the Cavs after leaving them, it would be cool. With nephew, this Spurs team could be pretty good and he could turn the negative image around.

spursparker9
05-28-2021, 08:58 PM
Will forgive Kawhi if he come back

dokdok
05-28-2021, 11:06 PM
Come back to daddy Kawhi

exstatic
05-29-2021, 07:01 AM
Stay in LA and fail, Kawhi.

Kurgan
05-29-2021, 10:03 AM
If he does a LeBron doing it right with the Cavs after leaving them, it would be cool. With nephew, this Spurs team could be pretty good and he could turn the negative image around.

:lol Why would he return? The Spurs team Kawhi abandoned was much better than the current group. Those Spurs won 47 games and finished 7th without Nephew. The current roster finished 10th and struggled to win 33 games. Knicks have cap space. Mavs have cap space. Either team would be a much better choice than this garbage Spurs roster.

TDMVPDPOY
05-29-2021, 04:29 PM
kawhi leaving set this team back

gettin lma and ddr set this team back a decade...

all the guys that was former spurs still playing in the nba on a team>>>current 20/21 roster

Fireball
05-31-2021, 04:48 AM
damn that efficiency ...

Spurtacular
05-31-2021, 05:45 AM
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7bfe1b22-c685-4b8a-9129-6792859d3f8b

https://i.imgur.com/cZ6lsQc.jpg (https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7bfe1b22-c685-4b8a-9129-6792859d3f8b)

JR3
06-04-2021, 05:10 PM
I think the Spurs would take Kawhi back. But he is too used to running the show now. He gets whatever he wants in LA and is spoiled. I did hear that his Mom still lives in SA and I’ve found that interesting.

GreekSpursfan
06-04-2021, 05:19 PM
Wrong title, it should've been "Welcome back Uncle Dennis and let bygones be bygones"

testies
06-05-2021, 01:16 AM
Given how bad most NBA teams are now, look how many rings we could have gotten with Kawhi

Thanks moon face for fucking it up, and RC Buffoon

DeRozan m8
06-05-2021, 01:46 AM
Given how bad most NBA teams are now, look how many rings we could have gotten with Kawhi

Thanks moon face for fucking it up, and RC Buffoon

As much as pop and RC are drunk morons, it's not they're fault SA is not in LA.

Uncle Dennis wants LA no matter what.

It's not rocket science....

Blows my mind people still can't see it

99 Problems
06-05-2021, 02:52 AM
Wot coulda been with Whi & Patty.......

offset formation
06-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Stay in LA and fail, Kawhi.

yup. nothing could be more rich to watch then his career slowly fading into the abyss for one of the NBA's worst teams, shortly after he resigns for a max contract with them. Like where he just becomes less and less revered year after year but is making like damn near 50M in his final contract season, which is spent with many load management days off. that would be the fitting end to his contract.

Ice009
06-06-2021, 03:18 AM
I think the Spurs would take Kawhi back. But he is too used to running the show now. He gets whatever he wants in LA and is spoiled. I did hear that his Mom still lives in SA and I’ve found that interesting.

I asked that question a while ago, but no one answered. So Kawhi's mom definitely is still in SA? Kawhi was in the process of building her a pretty big house there before he left, so I was wondering if she stayed after he left. I knew she was still there during his Raptors season, but wasn't sure if she was still there now. I actually thought she would have left when he went back to LA.

daslicer
06-06-2021, 03:08 PM
I asked that question a while ago, but no one answered. So Kawhi's mom definitely is still in SA? Kawhi was in the process of building her a pretty big house there before he left, so I was wondering if she stayed after he left. I knew she was still there during his Raptors season, but wasn't sure if she was still there now. I actually thought she would have left when he went back to LA.

It doesn't mean anything that his mom still lives in SA. Shaq's mom stayed in Orlando even after he went to the Lakers because she just liked Orlando better than LA.

exstatic
06-06-2021, 06:45 PM
I doubt he would consider it. He dodged Pop for months before meeting to say he wanted out. This would be 10X harder for him to do, assuming he would even consider it.

Ice009
06-07-2021, 03:07 AM
It doesn't mean anything that his mom still lives in SA. Shaq's mom stayed in Orlando even after he went to the Lakers because she just liked Orlando better than LA.

I didn't mean anything by it in regard to Kawhi coming back. I was just curious if his mom stayed in SA due to him having built a house there for her. I was mainly asking because of the Spurs fans heckling her at a game in the 2019, I thought she might have decided to leave if other fans were bothering her outside of basketball games too due to Kawhi leaving. Definitely wasn't suggesting he'd come back because of her still living there.

JR3
06-15-2021, 03:21 PM
Yeah she still lives in SA. This is as of the last time the clippers were playing in San Antonio. I just found it interesting. Like you, I know it is not a lock that he would come back but all speculation is based on small ties like this one.