PDA

View Full Version : If we sign Kidd..who should/could we trade Parker for?

Whottt
07-07-2003, 07:33 AM
I am going with my gut instinct and think that Tony doesn't want Kidd to come here and probably does want to be traded if he is brought in.

I don't want Kidd over Parker and I think we will regret doing it..I don't think we need passing, I think we need scoring.

But, that's neither here nor there, if we sign Kidd, Parker has to be moved for the same reasons AD had to be moved.

Other reasons..Parker's trade value is very high right now, and we can get more for him if we trade him while we are under the cap..of course we still can't get that much for him or else we won't be able to sign the bricklaying messiah.

Trading draft picks to our rivals with the possibility of getting nothing in return during Duncan's prime...having huge ass cap space and signing a PG to replace the Admiral..I am not gonna try to understand it..I am just gonna go with it..

So who can we get for Tony? Who should we get for Tony?

My choice would be to see if we could trade him to Boston for Perkins and some other draft picks.

Or trade him to New Jersey for Kirstic and a #1 pick..

ZStomp
07-07-2003, 07:44 AM
I don't think they'll trade him. Who knows? Nothing is certain. But remember Parkers' value (as far as money goes--remember the salaries have to match) isn't high.

MadeFromDust
07-07-2003, 07:54 AM
I am going with my gut instinct and think that Tony doesn't want Kidd to come here and probably does want to be traded if he is brought in. Yeah, why believe what Parker actually said when you can project your own ideas and feelings and attribute them to him? :shootme

Whottt
07-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Boy you Kidd lovers just want to **** everything up don't you?

Here's a clue for you #1. There's an article out now saying that Parker has told Pop he wants to be traded if Kidd is brought in.

#2. I have a pregame interview with Tony in which he says he is trying to do every thing to keep Kidd from coming here. I watched another interview with him earlier in the year in which he said similar things. Oh yeah I also have the common sense to know that that he probably doesn't want Kidd to come here since he is our starting PG and he probably didn't like the taste of playing the 2 that he got in the finals. Tony's not stupid.

So it's stupid to sign someone and keep him on the roster if he doesn't want to be here..we are gonna have enough problems in repeating trying to overcome Kidd's shitty shooting
and a scrub replacement for DROB.

You guys want everyone to check their intelligence at the door so you can satisfy your superstar fetish. Sorry I refuse.

I am just trying to make the best of a bad situation and I do want to know what we can get for him.

Yeah we can't get much for him but we will get even less for him once we are over the cap.

Even if Tony doesn't want out(and he does) if Kidd is brought in, it still makes more sense to move him and get value for him.

You don't just let lottery level talent walk out the door for nothing, tard.

And if we don't get something for him while we are under the cap we likely never will be able to get anything for him.

I know resigning Speedy will cost more than Tony does..but that irrelevant, I don't want a cancer on the team when we are the defending champs, nor do I want to watch lottery talent walk away with the team getting nothing in return.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 08:17 AM
This excerpt is from a Johnny Ludden article:

While team officials are expected to intensify their courtship of Kidd today, they also may have some work left on selling Tony Parker on the idea of adding another point guard to their backcourt.

Publicly, Parker has said he is open to playing with Kidd. But privately he has told others, including teammates, that he has some concerns about how the pairing would work and his future with the team.

Parker's agent, Marc Fleisher, has urged him to be more aggressive in expressing any concerns to Spurs officials, a league source said. But Parker, both the source and Spurs officials said, has yet to do so.

What you got to say now mouth?

MannyIsGod
07-07-2003, 08:33 AM
hey whott, since you didn't want to post the next paragraph, i'll do it for you

"Pop has talked to Tony continually throughout the process and as late as this afternoon," Spurs general manager R.C. Buford said Sunday. "Their conversations have always been positive. Tony has said he thinks they would be great together."

at least present the whole fucking story man

www.mysanantonio.com/spor...lc=1022028 (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=211&xlc=1022028)

Whottt
07-07-2003, 08:42 AM
What do you guys expect them to say?

RC: Yeah Parker's pissed and wants out.

LOL boy could you imagine what the homer fans in SA would do to RC if they knew he was alienating Tony?

Tony: I hate Jason Kidd..

Yeah that's gonna go over real well with his teamates and public persona

Get real..here's what I know, I have seen Parker say he is trying to keep Kidd from coming here..even the spin doctors for the Spurs are saying Parker doesn't want it. I have seen another article where it is reported Parker has said he wants to be traded. I remember Parker's reported reaction to the Spurs trading for Speedy.

I see an excerpt in that article from Parker's agent..and I didn't even need to see that reported to know the Agent doesn't like the idea of Kidd coming here..He'd be the shittiest agent in the world if he did like that idea. I have been using that Agent aspect in my arguments for weeks. I didn't need confirmation from the media on that.

You KiddWaggoners are in serious denial.

Funny thing is i am not even arguing about bringing Kidd in at this juncture..I just want to get something out of the deal.

You guys just want to stay in never never land and get royally fucked..

What do you think Indy has been hearing? Why do you think they offered to trade Miller for Parker? (other than the obvious reason of blowing our cap so we can't go after O'Neal)

You guys are living in this candy ass fantasy land where everyone likes each other and no one has egos or career and financial ambitions...

Life just doesn't work that way.

Call me all the names you want but don't ask me to be stupid and ignore the oncoming train. I know better.

MannyIsGod
07-07-2003, 09:13 AM
can you make it one post without trying to come up with some idiotic new saying? KiddWagoners?

Ok, if not kidd then who?

And as far as TP goes, i've seen things for BOTH sides, yet, theonly quotes i get are those which say he is happy.

don't act like it should be common sense to know what he's thinking because its not.

RC and Pop are personal geniuses, if they say it can work, i believe it.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Actually what I am trying to do is get some ideas on what might happen if the bad rumors about Parker are true.

Like I asked..what can we get for him if he does want out? What's the best player to get or the best move to try to do?

I am just asking...I am not convinced Kidd is coming here..I stil don't think Kidd is gonna do it.

But if he does...and if these stories about Parker asking for a trade are true, what's the best we could get for him?

To my mind if Kidd comes here...even if Parker is initially ok with it..it's still probably a good idea to move him.

As for who's instinct or insider info is going to be right about what happens with Kidd and Parker, or how they will play together, or if the Spurs will repeat... when this all said and done..we'll just have to wait and see..

MannyIsGod
07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
if we move him, we probably have to move him for a young big or draft picks, because nothing else would work with his rookie contract.

Its a shame chicago drafted hienrich, or else I could see a deal with them.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Tyson Chandler

:cooldevil

NCaliSpurs
07-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Manny, you are in denial.

Until very recently, Parker's line has *ALWAYS* been that he wants to be PG for the Spurs next year.

If you chose not to pay attention (as many people here and SR haven't) because of your own wishes, then it is not my job or whott's job to disillusion you.

Truthsayer
07-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Why not relax, chill out, and let Pop and RC do their job?

Spurs just won a championship. Bask in the afterglow.

Lets see who walks into camp in October before we get into panic mode. Everything is going to be alright.

If we get Kidd and the Kidd/Parker backcourt doesn't work, then adjustments or trades will take place then. It would be premature to assume it wouldn't work.

And Kidd isn't even signed yet. Jermaine O'Neal is coming Wednesday.

If you want to worry about things beyond your control, then worry about what LA is doing with Payton and Malone. The Lakers are going to be a four headed monster if those two are signed.

We can enjoy speculating about all the possibilities, but why argue so vehemently as if our opinions are going to change the outcome.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 12:51 PM
LOL I like arguing about it. Can't you tell?

CrazyOne
07-07-2003, 01:15 PM
Relax, Whott... trust RC and Pop... everything will be alright... and here's some grape koolaid to help you relax... :wacko

Archie
07-07-2003, 01:17 PM
STFU Whottt.

CrazyOne
07-07-2003, 01:22 PM
Ok, the medication is kicking in... Whott, because of Tony's low salary, we're going to get the short end of any trade. Until his current contract runs out, any trade we make will be sending gold for pig iron.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 01:25 PM
Tyson Chandler

Stromile Swift

Pau Gasol

Whottt
07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
Why not trade him to the Nets for Kristic and another draft pick or something?

We are most likely going to get a scrub big to replace DROB..I know we probably won't get a frontline bigman..but that doesn't mean we can't get one for the future that is now developing overseas.

Ghost I would love to get Chandler but it will be a cold day in hell before we get that kind of big for Parker.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 01:41 PM
Tyson Chandler
Stromile Swift
Pau Gasol

Too bad Chicago and Memphis have 3 and 4 point guards under contract respectively.

Fizzzar
07-07-2003, 01:45 PM
AK47

adidas11
07-07-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm going to side with Whott on this one.

Quit going by what RC says to the press. That's the company line. Of course they're not going to come out and say "well Tony Parker hates the idea of Jason Kidd coming to San Antonio". Quit thinking that all of the Spurs players are unselfish, and only care about winning and could give a whoot about playing time. Tony Parker is as confident and arrogant as the next NBA player. He wants to be in the game, with the ball in his hands, making decisions as the point guard. EVERY NBA player has an ego. Even Tony Parker.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 01:54 PM
"Too bad Chicago and Memphis have 3 and 4 point guards under contract respectively." — Chump
Yeah, but I thought Parker was the mecca of PGs, Chump. :rolleyes

Archie
07-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Yeah, the Second Coming should draw only the best, right?

Whottt
07-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Parker is the mecca of PG's, at least compared to theirs..it's just that most teams don't make trades or aquisitions for positions they have adequately filled if it is going to leave them with a gaping hole elsewhere in their lineup.

Archie
07-07-2003, 02:00 PM
That's because most teams don't have the opportunity to add a top talent to their team.

Jimcs50
07-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Yeah a team is going to trade their franchise player(Gasol) for a pointguard when they have a good one already.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 02:03 PM
"Parker is the mecca of PG's, at least compared to theirs..it's just that most teams don't make trades or aquisitions for positions they have adequately filled." — Whott
Do "most teams" include the Spurs?

Why would they be wooing Jason Kidd if we already have the mecca of PGs?

Question.

By the way, I'm looking at Chandler and Swift for krissakes. It's not like I'm asking for Shaq or Wallace.

Rick Von Braun
07-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Ghost said:
Pau Gasol
That would be ideal! I don't see it happening though :(

Could you imagine a Spurs - Lakers WCF like the following?

Spurs - Lakers

Kidd vs Payton

Bowen vs Kobe

Manu vs George

Gasol vs Malone

Duncan vs Shaq

Bench

Speedy vs Fisher

Kerr vs Pargo

SJax vs Fox(health?)

Malik vs Cook

Willis vs Slava

WOW... a series for ESPN Classics!

-R

Archie
07-07-2003, 02:05 PM
You know, if Michael Jordan himself in his prime was a free agent an idiot such as yourself, Whottt, would argue to pass on him for needs. It's bad enough that you are smearing your lunacy all over this forum. What's worse is that you probably would pass on a 30 year old MJ if the Spurs had a young shooting guard who had shown some "promise." Just because he's a Spur, no doubt.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 02:10 PM
100% of the teams in the NBA would take a quality big over a qulity guard if all things were equal.

That preference for bigmen would actually increase if they had a HOF bigman retiring from their line up on a championship team.

Hey why don't we see if we can trade Duncan for Marbury and try a 3 PG offense.

Danny Ainge did it in Phoenix and we saw all the titles they won.

I'll be back in a bit..I gotta take a dump and am out of paper..I'm gonna go get a point guard.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Shit I lost the keys to my car, does anybody know of a good point guard who makes keys?

**** I can't find the remote control to my TV, I guess I'll have to go out and buy a point guard.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Can we ban Whott. His stupidity is eating up valuable bandwidth.

Archie
07-07-2003, 02:15 PM
Danny Ainge didn't have TD in Phoenix he had Wayman Fucking Tisdale you damn tool. You have made some of the worst posts I've ever seen in a Spurs fan forum and that includes a few hundred thousand of DizzG's posts. Stop your whining already you big fucking baby.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 02:16 PM
By the way, I'm looking at Chandler and Swift for krissakes. It's not like I'm asking for Shaq or Wallace.

Or Gasol.

Whoops, you did.

Why not look at teams that actually need a point guard?

Rick Von Braun
07-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Fizzzar said:
AK47
Hmm... that is a very interesting possibility... the Jazz desperately need a PG for next season, and they would be willing to send AK47 since they have Matt Harpring. With the money they would save by not getting Andre Miller, they could reinforce other positions (like SG).

Very interesting indeed.

-R

Whottt
07-07-2003, 02:21 PM
What Ghost? You think I'm stupid for trying to fill all my needs with a point guard? Me too actually. Must be something in the air.

I agree they should ban me, maybe there's a point guard around that can do that for you.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Chump, why don't you look at teams who need a PG?

You don't think Chicago might with Jay Williams going down and Jamal Crawford not exactly blowing anyone's doors in?

I am looking for big men with contracts as cheap as Parker's.

You stick to nitpicky like a little b1tch and I'll do the outside-of-the-Pop thinking, Chump.

adidas11
07-07-2003, 02:24 PM
:lol :rollin

You people have to stop it. I'm laughing my ass off here at work, and I don't want to get reprimanded by my bosses.

Whott, you're sinking. Very fast. You might want to make your way back to the shallow end of the pool.

NCaliSpurs
07-07-2003, 02:26 PM
I think the Spurs would love to have Andrei Kirilinko.

That would be a great trade if we got kidd.

AK blocks, rebounds some, shoots at a good position. He really hustles.

Archie
07-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Something with Golden State.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Careful there Adidas you were just siding with me earlier in this thread :wink .

Oh and Arch you're cracked old foot...I wouldn't turn down MJ...what's the biggest difference between MJ and Kidd? MJ's a scorer. We need scorers, we need them even more if we are gonna be getting an offensively challenged bigman.

Rick Von Braun
07-07-2003, 02:36 PM
I think the Spurs would love to have Andrei Kirilinko.

That would be a great trade if we got kidd.

AK blocks, rebounds some, shoots at a good position. He really hustles.
I agree. This lineup would be really powerful:

Kidd/Speedy/Kerr
Manu/SJax
AK47/Bowen
Duncan/Malik
Zo-PJBrown-Kandi-Miller-?/Willis

We would be a very deep team with a strong bench. I love it!

-R

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 02:53 PM
Kirilenko is Utah's new Chosen One. Not gonna happen, especially since the Jazz are getting A. Miller this summer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Archie, the difference is Jordan could hit a jumper, Kidd, well on a good day he'll hit a few.

Let's face it guys, RC and Pop have seriously underestimated Tony's concerns over bringing in Kidd. Don't believe what you read from RC in the paper, that's what he's supposed to say.

If Kidd comes, say see ya to Tony, the backcourt would be crowded as hell, with no minutes for everyone, and we'd be hurting BIG time in the front court.

Possible trade opportunities that come to mind:

Pau Gasol
Stromile Swift
Nene Hilario
Tyson Chandler

AHF

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:12 PM
So how did Kidd manage to shoot 34% on 130 more 3 point attempts than TP this season? You guys act like he has no shot at all.

And he can actually get off a jumper instead of Le Set Shot.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Parker gets his shots off the pick and roll just fine.

Kidd shooting more three pointers? There's a shocker. Who else is going to? Richard Jefferson? Backup guard Lucious Harris?

Tony had to split three point attempts with SJax, Manu, Bowen, and even Kerr this year.

Kidd? Kittles and Harris are the only two other guys around on that team that can hit them.

So yes, BFD that Kidd had more threes, someone had to shoot them.

AHF

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Kidd > Parker

Kidd < No Starting Center for the Next 6 Seasons

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 04:17 PM
If Kidd comes, say see ya to Tony, the backcourt would be crowded as hell, with no minutes for everyone, and we'd be hurting BIG time in the front court.
Possible trade opportunities that come to mind:

Pau Gasol
Stromile Swift

Ok so the Spurs have a front court log jam and hurt up front, and they fix that by getting the logo to run 5 point guards and giving up their only guy who resembles a franchise player.

Good stuff.

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:21 PM
So yes, BFD that Kidd had more threes, someone had to shoot them.

Yeah. The guy with the "bad jumper."

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 04:23 PM
Chump and Archie, I must've missed you suggestions for starting center.

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Yeah Ghost, I must've missed the last time you said the Spurs should run off a superstar who showed the slightest bit of interest in playing in SA. You change your mind more than a bitch.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 04:28 PM
I'd think more along the lines of Washington for a S&T partner for a big. There would be no controversey at all with the other PGs there.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 04:29 PM
Huh?

I don't want Kidd here if it means letting Payton and Malone play for the Lakers.

What's so unacceptable about that?

Tell me again the story about Kidd and Mourning playing for us next year... or "Plan D" — PJ Brown and Payton, pal.

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
BULLSHIT.

You don't want Kidd here at all.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Hey ChumpAss,

Were you too busy jerking off to your JKidd poster to be around and reading the site leading up to the draft.

Jerry West had Pau on the block, rumor is the guy still is. Yeah, they have a few points (all suck), but also a lot of inside players. Jerry obviously has a reason for putting Pau on the block. I'm sure he'd rather have Earl Watson or White Chocolate turning it over in the backcourt as opposed to having a great young point like Parker.

Have a nice day.

AHF

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 04:44 PM
AHF, I never wanted Kidd, so you'll have to change your fantasies about me. And I was in Vegas before the draft--forgive me if my life doesn't revolve around the rumors you guys regurgitate.

You assume that West is such a fool that he will take on 5 point guards--I don't care if they suck--they are all under contract--for Gasol.

I don't think the guy who traded Divac for Kobe would do that.

Would you?

Question.

adidas11
07-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Whott, I agreed with you about Parker not being thrilled with the prospect of Kidd coming to San Antonio, and how RC might be trying to hide that fact. But I ONLY agreed on that point. The rest of your argument was poor.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't want Kidd unless Parker is traded for a a starting quality center. Period.

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:49 PM
Oh so now you want Kidd.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 04:53 PM
I woulkd take Kidd if other moves were made. I do not want a Parker/Kidd backcourt. I want a starting center first and foremost.

Archie
07-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Oh so now there are conditions. Be a man. Take a stand. Stop being scurred.

adidas11
07-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Quote :"Oh so now there are conditions. Be a man. Take a stand. Stop being scurred."

Funny. I thought Ghost had always maintained that position. I guess I was wrong. :rolleyes

And what is "scurred" ? :wtf

Archie
07-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Funny, I thought Ghost could at least misrepresent his views without help.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 05:04 PM
Well Chump,

I guess it's too hard to fathom he could trade another one of the points away in another trade, or hell - he could package one of them there.

Wesley is more of a combo guard, Watson and Brevin Knight are always hurt, and if I remember right Knight, Watson, and Person all come off the books next year.

Forgive me to think he'd be looking to the future.

AHF

Archie
07-07-2003, 05:05 PM
Then call up Riles in Miami.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 05:08 PM
So AHF does think the logo would trade Gasol for Parker and carry at least 4 point guards on the payroll (Person is not counted).

Fine.

Forgive me for thinking West wanted to trade Gasol for a lotto pick who plays a frontcourt position.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 05:09 PM
I did always have that view. I'm not like the homers here who would veto any deal involving Parker and I certainly respect a talent of Kidd's level.

I'm one of the few who have advocated trading Parker to make room for Kidd.

But again, it's all in an effort to get a starting center and a star.

It would be so much easier to kill two birds with one stone and get the star/center in one player like Brand or O'Neal.

Archie
07-07-2003, 05:13 PM
Perhaps the Spurs could see if the Wiz are still interested in shipping out Haywood for Clax? I'd rather see them take a chance like that on a young big than make a long term mistake with Olowokandi.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Haywood or Etan Thomas would be ok in that case.

I don't have a clue as to what Speedy's perceived market value is right now.

Archie
07-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I'm thinking MLE for 4 years at most. The motivation for a team doing a S&T with the Spurs is that they would still be able to use their MLE to acquire/retain other talent.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
I think we could do better than Haywood (maybe get another player or draft pick out of it, I don't know).

Supposedly the Spurs vetoed that trade back in the early part of the year (Speedy for Haywood), Speedy's stock is much higher right now, exactly how high I don't know.

AHF

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 05:21 PM
What are your thoughts on Parker for Kwame instead?

Question.

P.S.

I don't know why the Wiz would want another backup PG like Claxton who shined in one Finals appearance after getting burned by Tyrone Lue.

Archie
07-07-2003, 05:23 PM
Cleveland has also reportedly contacted Claxton, in addition to a number of other teams.

Brown's an enigma at this point.

As for Memphis one name that hasn't come up yet is Duncan's bud Shane Battier.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 05:53 PM
Ok so let me get this straight...you guys have no problems letting Tony Parker go, you both brag about your willingness to do so in fact..and now you are both considering the merits of bringing Kwame Brown to our Spurs?

Have you guys ever considered offering the Lakers your scouting services? Please do it if you love the Spurs. Oh and pass the f'n pipe.

adidas11
07-07-2003, 06:03 PM
I think Ghost was only curious about everone's opinion on a Kwame Brown pickup. While it does sound enticing, I have a feeling that the Wiz won't give up on Kwame just yet, especially now that king Jordan and pyscho Doug Collins are no longer in the fold. This upcoming year could be a new experience for the young and developing Brown.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2003, 06:21 PM
I'd probably trade either for Kwame; he's got gobs of upside and never had anyone who could develop him. I think he could really flourish here with the treatment he'd get from the staff and vets.

So could Haywood and Thomas...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-07-2003, 08:18 PM
I don't like the idea of Kwame.

He's a project still IMO. Tony's anything but, and we should expect anything but in return if it comes to that.

AHF

Archie
07-07-2003, 08:24 PM
They should take a look at what kind of offers there are for Clax. I don't think that they would find that much better than Haywood...too many teams have the exception which they can offer for Claxton. The situation would be one where a team wants to sign someone else and wants to do a S&T. Haywood might not be a bad idea as a young 'project' big.

Whottt
07-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Why not trade Parker for Vin Baker..that way it won't take you guys a year to figure out we made a stupid fucking trade.

Peter
07-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Whottt, do you own a trench coat?

Ghost Writer
07-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Whott, if Jason Kidd came to the Spurs, Kwame Brown would be a more vital performer for our team than Tony Parker would.

I don't expect a dope homer like you to understand the risk/reward to bringing in an unpolished big man for an extraneous PG.