PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 'Trivia Night'

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 06:46 AM
I just moved back to a big city temporarily, and I forgot about the large density of f@gginess and soyboys that exists in the concrete jungle. I keep seeing this obsession with "Trivia Night" and it is apparently something that lots of men who are not fundamentally happy and fulfilled in life partaking in. My question is:

If you are an adult male, and you regularly participate in "Trivia Night" leagues is it time to consider the Viablity of Suicide and implement as quickly as possible? Is their any hope for such a large drop in masculinity? "Trivia Night" is just one g@y example. Other similar h0m0 bar hobbies on a regular basis apply here as well (painting classes that involve drinking, kickball beer leagues, etc)...

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 08:45 AM
why'd you move back to a big city during the p(l)andemic and masks are still a thing? What big city is this? Dallas? NYC?

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 09:03 AM
why'd you move back to a big city during the p(l)andemic and masks are still a thing? What big city is this? Dallas? NYC?

took a short term contract position and found a cheap place to live...then it's back to the mountains for me IMO

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 09:09 AM
took a short term contract position and found a cheap place to live...then it's back to the mountains for me IMO

Mountains? Where at? I spent the last week of April in the Mountain West and loved it... elevation 7000+.

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 09:23 AM
Mountains? Where at? I spent the last week of April in the Mountain West and loved it... elevation 7000+.

Montana, Big Sky country tbh...luckily I've reached a point in my career where I can work remotely whenever I need IMO

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 10:03 AM
Montana, Big Sky country tbh...luckily I've reached a point in my career where I can work remotely whenever I need IMO

like Butte/Anaconda area? That general place is gorgeous. Saw a few too many hipsters the one time I visited, though. But yeah gorgeous state particularly the western half.

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 10:14 AM
like Butte/Anaconda area? That general place is gorgeous. Saw a few too many hipsters the one time I visited, though. But yeah gorgeous state particularly the western half.

Big Fork, MT. It's basically an outdoorsman's paradise tbh. Zero crime, no WOKE politics, etc. It does get f@gged up a little bit in the summer though when the White Claw/Selfie Militia comes in from out of town for tourist season to g@y everything up, but other than that it's great IMO

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 11:57 AM
Big Fork, MT. It's basically an outdoorsman's paradise tbh. Zero crime, no WOKE politics, etc. It does get f@gged up a little bit in the summer though when the White Claw/Selfie Militia comes in from out of town for tourist season to g@y everything up, but other than that it's great IMO
The White Claw/Truly/sand volleyball fratty party types tend to lean right of center, tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 12:01 PM
Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544) Nice, you're quite a ways north of the population center, not too far from Canada actually. Looks like a nice climate -- even the summers get warm in the day but are cool enough at night to be sleepable with the window open and no A/C.

Any hot girls around there? It seems pretty barren.

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 02:20 PM
The White Claw/Truly/sand volleyball fratty party types tend to lean right of center, tbh.

rofl far from it in my experience tbh. The White Claw big city crowd usually consists of extreme bleeding heart liberals...always too drunk/hungover to do anything but gulp down mainstream news. The frat types are usually mutually exclusive with that crowd for the most part, but they can be somewhat right leaning IMO

MultiTroll
05-27-2021, 02:39 PM
Hooters used to have a Trivia night with Grade A cat workers.

Perhaps your current 'hood is lacking.

MultiTroll
05-27-2021, 02:41 PM
Montana, Big Sky country tbh...
Oh I'm sorry.
So you're looking for 4 legged creatures?

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 02:51 PM
Hooters used to have a Trivia night with Grade A cat workers.

Perhaps your current 'hood is lacking.

oh

How did that work for you? I have to admit I'm jealous. I'm sure their panties were soaked at first sight of a fat nerd who spends his day posting Ralph Wiggum pictures online while spending his hard earned money guzzling down beer, stuffing his face with wings, and rattling off Star Wars quotes. I can imagine this type of sentiment would only come from a man who is fundamentally happy and fulfilled in his life's endeavors ....

MultiTroll
05-27-2021, 02:59 PM
:cry:cry Projection.

San Diego home to some world class cat, and some of them worked at / made it into Hoots.
The most in shape of my life as i was in competition. At the time huge screens were a deal and one hoots even had a Spurs Club.

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 03:12 PM
Was this you?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fxJo6QKNV-g/sddefault.jpg

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 03:19 PM
Mark Celibate (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49544) Nice, you're quite a ways north of the population center, not too far from Canada actually. Looks like a nice climate -- even the summers get warm in the day but are cool enough at night to be sleepable with the window open and no A/C.

Any hot girls around there? It seems pretty barren.

Quality over quantity IMO. Obviously the numbers aren't there, but the quality is much higher than the White Claw guzzling, GoldensteinRecords.jpg consuming, Chad-branch swinging thottery you'll find in the big cities. Also, everyone is friendly out there so if you aren't an autistic sperg, someone will probably matchmake for you. None of that had anything to do with my decision to move out there though IMO

MultiTroll
05-27-2021, 03:55 PM
Was this you?
Yes this is you. :rollin
https://media1.tenor.com/images/56658cf99b078f0122eb90b6a84a407c/tenor.gif?itemid=10106061

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 04:04 PM
:lol

DMX7
05-27-2021, 04:20 PM
If you even know about "Trivia Night" then you're hanging out in the wrong circles. I didn't know this was a thing until you explained it to me.

Blake
05-27-2021, 04:30 PM
Lol I've seen plenty of bar tvs set up for trivia but "trivia leagues?" :lol

I will say coed kickball league is much much fun I highly recommend

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 06:58 PM
Lol I've seen plenty of bar tvs set up for trivia but "trivia leagues?" :lol

I will say coed kickball league is much much fun I highly recommend

Really?

tbh I used to play sand volleyball years ago near a place that did these social leagues, and the kickball group looked like one of those spurstalk GTGs....basically a breeding ground for diabetes.

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 07:58 PM
rofl far from it in my experience tbh. The White Claw big city crowd usually consists of extreme bleeding heart liberals...always too drunk/hungover to do anything but gulp down mainstream news. The frat types are usually mutually exclusive with that crowd for the most part, but they can be somewhat right leaning IMO

that's probably who I'm talking about though. They do drink seltzer, especially their females they come with. The fratty dudebro sand volleyball guys are more likely to sip actual suds than seltzer, though.

Millennial_Messiah
05-27-2021, 08:00 PM
Quality over quantity IMO. Obviously the numbers aren't there, but the quality is much higher than the White Claw guzzling, GoldensteinRecords.jpg consuming, Chad-branch swinging thottery you'll find in the big cities. Also, everyone is friendly out there so if you aren't an autistic sperg, someone will probably matchmake for you. None of that had anything to do with my decision to move out there though IMO
"The numbers aren't there" could be a problem in any given country town though, because if there's only a handful of single females around your age at any given point, the chances of actually finding an ideal longterm partner wife are pretty slim, even if you have your pick of any of the single females.

I'm pretty damn picky tbh. She's got to have a lot in common with me.

Spurtacular
05-27-2021, 08:27 PM
Lol I've seen plenty of bar tvs set up for trivia

Nothing you'll have to worry about going foward.

You won't be attending those breeding dens for COVID, amirite?

Blake
05-27-2021, 08:34 PM
Really?

tbh I used to play sand volleyball years ago near a place that did these social leagues, and the kickball group looked like one of those spurstalk GTGs....basically a breeding ground for diabetes.

Lol like anything else I guess, all who you play with.

We used to do sand volleyball leagues too. Softball tho sucked, imo. Too many serious people thinking their just a bad high school coach away from being in the minor leagues

Blake
05-27-2021, 08:36 PM

You won't be attending those breeding dens for COVID, amirite?

But do you ever leave your gamer chair tho

Mark Celibate
05-27-2021, 08:44 PM

We used to do sand volleyball leagues too. Softball tho sucked, imo. Too many serious people thinking their just a bad high school coach away from being in the minor leagues

rofl I did one softball league in college and it sucked tbh especially when you play a legit team that can hit. 90% of the time you're either standing there in the infield getting whiplash watching them smack it to the fence or chasing balls nonstop in the outfield

Spurtacular
05-27-2021, 09:18 PM

:lol Minor leagues. The bar low for your peers.

Neo.
05-28-2021, 10:44 AM

white claws

scoff

ChumpDumper
05-28-2021, 12:03 PM

You won't be attending those breeding dens for COVID, amirite?We can go pretty much anywhere now that we're vaccinated.

Why do you stay home every single weekend?

Mark Celibate
05-28-2021, 10:02 PM
"The numbers aren't there" could be a problem in any given country town though, because if there's only a handful of single females around your age at any given point, the chances of actually finding an ideal longterm partner wife are pretty slim, even if you have your pick of any of the single females.

I'm pretty damn picky tbh. She's got to have a lot in common with me.

meh I guess, but then again the city culture is garbage and I have zero desire to date anybody whose idea of a good time is going out to the bars every weekend listening to shitty GoldsteinRecords.jpg music (in other words, 90% of city dwellers). Then again, I don't really have any desire to get married. Abandoned that idea a long time ago like The Bot abandoning the run at the goalline in favor a shitty goalline fade per par etc

Millennial_Messiah
05-28-2021, 10:48 PM
meh I guess, but then again the city culture is garbage and I have zero desire to date anybody whose idea of a good time is going out to the bars every weekend listening to shitty GoldsteinRecords.jpg music (in other words, 90% of city dwellers). Then again, I don't really have any desire to get married. Abandoned that idea a long time ago like The Bot abandoning the run at the goalline in favor a shitty goalline fade per par etc

:lmao

p.s. I don't think Fat Mike is any better, tbh. He's the guy who settled for two field goals inside the 1 yard line in Seattle on back to back post-turnover drives early in the NFC championship game.

JasonGarrett
05-29-2021, 06:50 AM

Gotta look 'innovative'.....'innovative'.....

and nothing says innovative like drafting a 6'7 tight end early and having him sit behind 55 year old Witten the whole season except for when we're at the goalline. Preferably this tight end would be African American so I can win social justice points in my weekly Bingo league. Nothing says 'innovative' like shoehorning in this goalline fade play when you have a Pro Bowl offensive line and running back....even though it never worked it gave off the impression that my firmware and programming was actually adaptable....adaptable....i guess that's what you humans call 'critical thinking'....

Mark Celibate
05-29-2021, 08:13 AM
white claws

scoff

I'm building my own 'mookie crew' scoff list in this thread. Will edit as it builds..so far I've got:

White Claw
Adult Beer Leagues
Trivia Night
Stephen A Smith and other f@ggy sports analysts (from the Kwame Brown thread)

DMC
05-29-2021, 10:32 AM
Never did the Trivia thing but I did like the wings.

I am out of the circuit I guess, I cannot even think of anything that's in fashion now to bitch about.

Neo.
05-29-2021, 10:38 AM
I'm building my own 'mookie crew' scoff list in this thread. Will edit as it builds..so far I've got:

White Claw
Adult Beer Leagues
Trivia Night
Stephen A Smith and other f@ggy sports analysts (from the Kwame Brown thread)

wth is an adult beer league ?

Mark Celibate
05-29-2021, 11:09 AM
wth is an adult beer league ?

Basically any kind of semi-athletic league that revolves around drinking. Cornhole, Kickball, Darts, Volleyball, etc. Even worse is when it's not even semi-athletic, just sitting around drinking like the aforementioned "Trivia Night"

Now I'm not saying those activities in general are bad. I think competition is good IMO especially ones that involve legit athleticism. Nothing wrong with using some of this stuff as a legitimate outlet. But if one were to enroll in these f@ggy leagues that revolve around drinking and having members that look like they came straight from a spurstalk GTG, that's when the Viability of Suicide needs to be seriously contemplated IMO

Neo.
05-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Basically any kind of semi-athletic league that revolves around drinking. Cornhole, Kickball, Darts, Volleyball, etc. Even worse is when it's not even semi-athletic, just sitting around drinking like the aforementioned "Trivia Night"

Now I'm not saying those activities in general are bad. I think competition is good IMO especially ones that involve legit athleticism. Nothing wrong with using some of this stuff as a legitimate outlet. But if one were to enroll in these f@ggy leagues that revolve around drinking and having members that look like they came straight from a spurstalk GTG, that's when the Viability of Suicide needs to be seriously contemplated IMO

brah we need to hoop again

lets go to a park with a broken 9 foot rim so you can dunk on it and piss people off for bending the goal further :lmao

Mark Celibate
05-29-2021, 11:39 AM
brah we need to hoop again

lets go to a park with a broken 9 foot rim so you can dunk on it and piss people off for bending the goal further :lmao

ROFL

need to find the whereabouts of that other tall honky and recreate the Redneck Twin Towers IMO

Spurtacular
05-30-2021, 09:47 PM
But do you ever leave your gamer chair tho

What do you care? You want lockdowns in case you forgot, board cuckold.

Blake
05-30-2021, 09:52 PM
What do you care? You want lockdowns in case you forgot, board cuckold.

What do you care? You haven't left that chair since 2015, derp.

Spurtacular
05-30-2021, 10:10 PM
What do you care? You haven't left that chair since 2015, derp.

Any mixed race babies make their way into your negligent care lately, board cuckold?

ChumpDumper
05-31-2021, 02:51 AM
What do you care? You want lockdowns in case you forgot, board cuckold.We're vaccinated, derp. We can go anywhere we want.:tu

Spurtacular
05-31-2021, 03:35 AM
We're vaccinated, derp. We can go anywhere we want.:tu

You can anyways. But :lol that Biden's gambit worked on you. :lmao :rollin

ChumpDumper
05-31-2021, 03:38 AM
You can anyways. But :lol that Biden's gambit worked on you. :lmao :rollinWorked on me how, derp?

Explain your conspiracy theory.

Or fold at my feet again.:lol

Spurtacular
05-31-2021, 04:34 AM
Worked on me how, derp?

Explain your conspiracy theory.

Or fold at my feet again.:lol

You think you need Biden's permission to live your life.

You're such a pathetic bitch.

Blake
05-31-2021, 08:55 AM
You think you need Biden's permission to live your life.

You're such a pathetic bitch.

10/10

Blake
05-31-2021, 08:55 AM
Any mixed race babies make their way into your negligent care lately, board cuckold?

20/10

Spurtacular
05-31-2021, 10:38 AM
20/10

Only b/c it might be true. :lol

Blake
05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Only b/c it might be true. :lol

30/10

Millennial_Messiah
05-31-2021, 04:18 PM

baseball

Blake
05-31-2021, 06:21 PM
baseball

You'd make a pretty good catcher, frodo. You wouldn't even need to squat down.

Millennial_Messiah
05-31-2021, 08:43 PM
You'd make a pretty good catcher, frodo. You wouldn't even need to squat down.

dumbass, and not true

Chad.
06-04-2021, 12:08 AM
:lol still falling for the Marriage/Job Jewish trick in 2021

https://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1500872961905.png

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/484/104/0d1.png

Millennial_Messiah
06-04-2021, 12:37 AM
Pepe the Frog is one meme I wish would just die a sudden and merciful death. It sucks.

Spurtacular
06-04-2021, 09:46 AM
Pepe the Frog is one meme I wish would just die a sudden and merciful death. It sucks.

It's good when done right. Leave it to a soy boy alt to post shitty ones, tbh.

Chad.
06-04-2021, 10:07 AM
^ :lol butthurt wagies spotted. Shouldn’t you wagecucks get back to completing those spreadsheets? If you keep working those 12 hr days maybe Shlomo will finally give you that 2% raise!

Spurtacular
06-04-2021, 10:33 AM
^ :lol butthurt wagies spotted. Shouldn’t you wagecucks get back to completing those spreadsheets? If you keep working those 12 hr days maybe Shlomo will finally give you that 2% raise!

At least you're staying in character for once.

Mark Celibate
06-12-2021, 09:07 AM
Adding another one to the scoff list:

'DJ Tiesto'

tbh I still have a lot of friends in the DFW area apparently this guy is selling out this weekend as if the second coming of Jesus Christ is upon us. A quick Youtube search left to believe that this is just more 'lowest common denominator' EDM garbage. This video below pretty much says all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAW7CDF3_0

as most of you would probably agree, i can't picture many MENSA-level or intelligent men who are fundamentally happy and fulfilled in life attending this sh!tshow. Yet, there are still plenty of 30 year old manchildren lining up to watch this trash. if you are into this stuff, please skip the "contemplation" part and just commit suicide immediately

pgardn
06-12-2021, 10:26 AM
Nothing wrong with a trivia night.
Could be fun.
Having said this Im not competing as I would be useless.

I think we might be mixing two different types of activities up. Exercise can be done during the day. League stuff that involves moving is different from sitting and chilling. I think it would be fun to do indoor soccer or something at night if I had a venue to go to and I was actually decent at soccer. Hell I'll play anyway. Already have outdoors and all I was useful for was running and being directed to chase the other teams best midfielder and make him run and give the ball up. Try to make him throwup or stop moving or both.
Moving in general is fun and its good for you. Sitting and chilling whilst having some good discussion is also good. Do both.

Hopefully some pickup basketball outside and soccer will start up again in SA. I love the feeling of getting winded and then going at it again and again until its difficult to actually get winded after shape is achieved.

ST. Get outside and move.

Will Hunting
06-12-2021, 11:40 AM
:lmao GoldsteinRecords.jpg

Mark Celibate
06-13-2021, 09:01 AM
Nothing wrong with a trivia night.
Could be fun.
Having said this Im not competing as I would be useless.

I think we might be mixing two different types of activities up. Exercise can be done during the day. League stuff that involves moving is different from sitting and chilling. I think it would be fun to do indoor soccer or something at night if I had a venue to go to and I was actually decent at soccer. Hell I'll play anyway. Already have outdoors and all I was useful for was running and being directed to chase the other teams best midfielder and make him run and give the ball up. Try to make him throwup or stop moving or both.
Moving in general is fun and its good for you. Sitting and chilling whilst having some good discussion is also good. Do both.

Hopefully some pickup basketball outside and soccer will start up again in SA. I love the feeling of getting winded and then going at it again and again until its difficult to actually get winded after shape is achieved.

ST. Get outside and move.

i agree...of course having regular get togethers is a good social outlet. Grilling, campouts, etc....however it's when one feels the need to do it in some dingy bar rattling off f@ggy Star Wars/Harry Potter quotes, listening to sh!tty goldsteinrecords bar pop music, and shamelessly trying to flirt with the toothless 40 year old tatted up single-mom bartender (with Tyrone's kid) because no other decent female would even consider consenting to have sex with him is when the Viability of Suicide comes into play

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 09:41 AM
Adding another one to the scoff list:

'DJ Tiesto'

tbh I still have a lot of friends in the DFW area apparently this guy is selling out this weekend as if the second coming of Jesus Christ is upon us. A quick Youtube search left to believe that this is just more 'lowest common denominator' EDM garbage. This video below pretty much says all you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keAW7CDF3_0

as most of you would probably agree, i can't picture many MENSA-level or intelligent men who are fundamentally happy and fulfilled in life attending this sh!tshow. Yet, there are still plenty of 30 year old manchildren lining up to watch this trash. if you are into this stuff, please skip the "contemplation" part and just commit suicide immediately
This is all true. I really have nothing socially in common with people who enjoy any form of “electropop” Goldstein Records garbage.

Anyone who ever liked the song Party Rock Anthem should be sent to the gas chamber.

Mark Celibate
06-13-2021, 10:08 AM
This is all true. I really have nothing socially in common with people who enjoy any form of “electropop” Goldstein Records garbage.

Anyone who ever liked the song Party Rock Anthem should be sent to the gas chamber.

:lol EDM is basically the white man's version of "Gold on my Watch"/"Stanky Leg"

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 11:28 AM
:lol EDM is basically the white man's version of "Gold on my Watch"/"Stanky Leg"
So is life out of the big city really that much better? I'm also in a spot where I can always work from wherever I am and I think in another few years I'm going to hate still living in a city and will want to buy a house in the exurbs.

baseline bum
06-13-2021, 11:53 AM

:tu

What are Goldstein Records though? :lol

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 12:02 PM
:tu

What are Goldstein Records though? :lol
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/218/88e.jpg

baseline bum
06-13-2021, 12:07 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/817/218/88e.jpg

I thought Goldsteins controlled the entire music industry tbh

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 12:10 PM
I thought Goldsteins controlled the entire music industry tbh
Not sure why you think that meme suggests that they don't :lol

baseline bum
06-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Not sure why you think that meme suggests that they don't :lol

So you don't listen to music? :lol

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 12:13 PM
So you don't listen to music? :lol
You're taking this meme way too seriously :lol

baseline bum
06-13-2021, 12:21 PM
You're taking this meme way too seriously :lol

Just saying man, your people been doing this shit for decades lol

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 12:27 PM
Just saying man, your people been doing this shit for decades lol
Sure, but my people promoting dogshit like Party Rock Anthem that makes anyone who listens to it retarded is a newer phenomenon :lol

baseline bum
06-13-2021, 12:36 PM
Sure, but my people promoting dogshit like Party Rock Anthem that makes anyone who listens to it retarded is a newer phenomenon :lol

LOL that's the most generic sounding piece of shit ever made and it sold fucking 10 million copies. Then again this is the country where you can make people want to pay $2 for a fucking bottle of water.

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 12:37 PM
LOL that's the most generic sounding piece of shit ever made and it sold fucking 10 million copies. Then again this is the country where you can make people want to pay $2 for a fucking bottle of water.
The bootleg looking afrobe@ner who performed at the last superbowl produces similarly shitty music that dulls the brain of anyone who listens to it.

Mark Celibate
06-13-2021, 09:40 PM
So is life out of the big city really that much better? I'm also in a spot where I can always work from wherever I am and I think in another few years I'm going to hate still living in a city and will want to buy a house in the exurbs.

For the most part, yes. But it depends where tbh. Denver/Salt Lake I wouldn't mind living in, and obviously you'd know more than me but I've always enjoyed visiting Phoenix :lol I would travel there a few times a year for work/visiting friends when I worked in Dullas and it was pretty much night and day. PHX seemed preferable to the slower, more relaxed culture vs the f@ggy ultra-competitive doucheb@gerry culture of Dallas. Outside of that, nowhere else seemed preferable outside of the obvious beach cities in FL or California. IMO, I think an exurb would be the ideal place or maybe a town of 100-250,000 people

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 09:43 PM
For the most part, yes. But it depends where tbh. Denver/Salt Lake I wouldn't mind living in, and obviously you'd know more than me but I've always enjoyed visiting Phoenix :lol I would travel there a few times a year for work/visiting friends when I worked in Dullas and it was pretty much night and day. PHX seemed preferable to the slower, more relaxed culture vs the f@ggy ultra-competitive doucheb@gerry culture of Dallas. Outside of that, nowhere else seemed preferable outside of the obvious beach cities in FL or California. IMO, I think an exurb would be the ideal place or maybe a town of 100-250,000 people
Yeah living way out in the sticks might be a bit much for me but a lot of the DC exurbs are growing quickly and houses can still be bought cheaply.

I stayed there longer than I should have but yes, Dallas just fucking sucked. Never ending amounts of douche baggery. Phoenix is way better than Dallas. You couldn’t pay me enough to move back to Dallas.

Mark Celibate
06-13-2021, 09:43 PM
The bootleg looking afrobe@ner who performed at the last superbowl produces similarly shitty music that dulls the brain of anyone who listens to it.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

seems like every pop music person nowadays is an [email protected] maybe it's just the same guy producing all the songs....

kind of like how every basketball player growing up is mixed-race and has that 'cotton candy' crew-cut/moptop hair thing

Mark Celibate
06-13-2021, 09:46 PM
Yeah living way out in the sticks might be a bit much for me but a lot of the DC exurbs are growing quickly and houses can still be bought cheaply.

I stayed there longer than I should have but yes, Dallas just fucking sucked. Never ending amounts of douche baggery. Phoenix is way better than Dallas. You couldn’t pay me enough to move back to Dallas.

IMO it's because there's zero culture there and really no reason to move there other than 'good jobs' (myself included). Like I don't know anybody who would pick Dallas for any other reason than the job market, which probably creates the 'no identity' doucheb@g culture ("f*ck you f@ggot, I make more money than you!!). Whenever I lived there, I'd pretty much be racing out of town to the lake or something every weekend. The bar culture got old really quick

Will Hunting
06-13-2021, 09:51 PM
IMO it's because there's zero culture there and really no reason to move there other than 'good jobs' (myself included). Like I don't know anybody who would pick Dallas for any other reason than the job market, which probably creates the 'no identity' doucheb@g culture ("f*ck you f@ggot, I make more money than you!!). Whenever I lived there, I'd pretty much be racing out of town to the lake or something every weekend. The bar culture got old really quick
Never thought about it that way but that’s definitely it now that I have.

Everyone I knew or was friends with in Dallas is also gone now too. It’s like the minute any of us could find an equally good job in a city with actual culture we bounced.

The only real culture is being able to to ooga boogaing in Uptown or Deep Ellum bars every weekend or eating at some overpriced tourist attraction restaurant :lol

leemajors
06-14-2021, 11:05 AM

I'd be wary of living in Phoenix, personally. Especially with the current drought, they will be under severe water restrictions for the forseeable future.

pgardn
06-14-2021, 11:21 AM
i agree...of course having regular get togethers is a good social outlet. Grilling, campouts, etc....however it's when one feels the need to do it in some dingy bar rattling off f@ggy Star Wars/Harry Potter quotes, listening to sh!tty goldsteinrecords bar pop music, and shamelessly trying to flirt with the toothless 40 year old tatted up single-mom bartender (with Tyrone's kid) because no other decent female would even consider consenting to have sex with him is when the Viability of Suicide comes into play

Cant you make your own trivia night with friends and teams? Instead of a shitty bar? Ive participated in this, Im just bad at it. And Im married so the ladies.... meh. Cant you invite friends of friends who have female friends who they know who are actually human?

If Im going to a public venue then I would rather it be physically active event.

Millennial_Messiah
06-14-2021, 05:17 PM
Cant you make your own trivia night with friends and teams? Instead of a shitty bar? Ive participated in this, Im just bad at it. And Im married so the ladies.... meh. Cant you invite friends of friends who have female friends who they know who are actually human?

If Im going to a public venue then I would rather it be physically active event.
That's pussywhipped logic.

Will Hunting
06-14-2021, 10:13 PM
I'd be wary of living in Phoenix, personally. Especially with the current drought, they will be under severe water restrictions for the forseeable future.
That’s the hesitation I have about moving back there, but it’s still infinitely better than Dallas.

Spurtacular
06-22-2021, 06:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UBsAGlpQZI