PDA

View Full Version : what one fa do you want the lakers not to get?

ducks
07-03-2003, 06:29 PM
I say gp

bigzak25
07-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Zo or Karl Malone.

Whottt
07-03-2003, 06:34 PM
GP..

Malone's a choker, Tim's bitch and he is an antique, if I had to pick which one I want LA to get it probably would be Malone.

kohai
07-03-2003, 06:37 PM
I don't think any one FA who would sign for the MCE will put them over the top. Tony has pretty much played Payton to a standstill for over a year, Muglone is Tim's bitch, and signing 'Zo as a PF allows you to majorly sag on Shaq.

adidas11
07-03-2003, 06:38 PM
The FA I most covet is PJ Brown.

In an ideal world, the Lakers would find a way to get both Gary Payton and either PJ Brown or Elden Campbell.

If they did that, the Lakers would wreck shop next year.

kohai
07-03-2003, 06:42 PM
You guys would be lucky to get GP for the MCE. If he signs, he's going to want it all.

As I said, no ONE affordable FA will put them over the top.

Jimcs50
07-03-2003, 06:43 PM
O'Neal or Brand.

kohai
07-03-2003, 06:46 PM
I don't think any one FA who would sign for the MCE will put them over the top.
O'Neal won't sign for the MCE, and Sterling would happily match any Laker offer sheet for said amount. Let's keep this in the real world.

ImFromBeijing
07-03-2003, 06:52 PM
As I said, no ONE affordable FA will put them over the top.

Be careful about what you wish for. If Lakers add Gary and a decent PF (D Coleman?) then watch out. You sound like Spurs completely dominated Lakers in the playoffs. Had Horry's final shot in game 5 been half an inch shorter the championship parade could have been held outside Staples Center.

picnroll
07-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Zo if he stayed healthy, a definite if.

ImFromBeijing it's interesting how all Laker fans seemed to have penciled in a return of the Shaq of old. First Shaq has to come back in shape, a big if. Second even if he does get "in shape" how much of the Shaq of old is left? He was sloowwww, no elveation, bad hands? How much of that is just breaking down? Kemp can lose weight but he'll never be the Kemp of old. Will Shaq?

ImFromBeijing
07-03-2003, 07:12 PM
I don't think Shaq will ever regain his 99-00 form because of his age. But if he can dedicate himself this summer and trim down to 325 pounds or so, he could still be very effective. Remember despite being terribly out of shape last season, he and TD were still the most dominating low-post players in the league, with no one else close to them.

Shaq doesn't have be as dominant as he was in 99-00 since Kobe is a much better player than he was 3 years ago. The possible addition of Gary Payton will give Lakers a great shot of winning it all next season.

Whottt
07-03-2003, 07:24 PM
IMO The LakerFans are right they don't need that much to get back on top and Payton might be enough by himself..I'm very glad that the Lakers are letting Horry go..I am pretty sure he's the rabbit's foot for winning titles but we'll see..

mrcoon
07-03-2003, 07:25 PM
I don't want them to be able to get a decent PF.

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
GP -- we don't need them to have a good, quick point guard.

goliath
07-03-2003, 07:54 PM
Payton

SpurShark
07-03-2003, 07:59 PM
GP, obviously.

I already hate K. Malone but seeing him in Gold and Purple would just add to that hate.

KoriEllis
07-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Though they need to upgrade both at the point and the power forward spot, Karl Malone as a Laker doesn't scare me at all. He wants to score; the Lakers are looking for someone to rebound and play defense. Karl would be a horrible fit there. He'd be standing around waiting for the pic-n-roll wondering whey Shaq and Kobe get all the touches. :)

Gary Payton would definitely help them. I don't want to see him in a Laker uni.

TwoHandJam
07-03-2003, 09:08 PM
link (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-adande3jul03,1,7771068.column?coll=la-headlines-sports)

Lakers Having Money Troubles

Mitch Kupchak is hoping for an exceptional summer.

The Laker general manager stepped into the free-agent market this week armed with only the mid-level exception to offer players, hoping for that rarest of exceptions: the guy who actually means it when he says he values a championship over everything else.

The off-season actions of NBA players repeatedly show that it's a league that values dollars over diamonds, cha-ching over bling-bling.

When Shaquille O'Neal came to town with that seven-year, $125-million contract in 1996, the Lakers immediately vaulted into championship contention and salary-cap constraints. If rings were all that mattered, the Lakers would have free agents calling them. Instead, the Lakers of recent years have had to make do with everything from the old (A.C. Green and John Salley) to the odd (Dennis Rodman and Isaiah Rider).

That's why, early on in the process, the smart money's on the money — and not the Lakers — when it comes to luring the top-tier free agents.

Players still capable of matching their best seasons, such as point guard Gary Payton and power forwards P.J. Brown and Juwan Howard, can still command more than the $4.9-million mid-level exception the Lakers have to offer.

Sun, sand, Staples Center and shots at championships won't cut it. One associate of a Laker free-agent target has already said he was put off by the Lakers' attitude that it's a privilege to play for them.

Kupchak wouldn't talk about specific names when he discussed free agents Wednesday, the same day the Lakers introduced draft picks Brian Cook and Luke Walton to the media.

But he did talk about the prevailing attitude given the opportunity to make $2 million, $3 million or more per year somewhere else.

"If [the money's] close, they want to win," Kupchak said. "If it's a large discrepancy, then of course not. The real world doesn't provide for us to make that kind of money. You have to do it while you can.

"That's natural. This kind of money is not real-world money. You really have to do the best you can to finance yourself."

One hope for the Lakers is to coast in on the largesse of the free-spending summer of 1996. That was the boom year, right in line with the dot-com-crazy stock market. With several teams flush with cash and without the threat of a luxury tax, salaries skyrocketed. Now the seven-year deals (the maximum allowed) signed that summer have expired.

"Some of these guys have made a lot of money and they've saved it," Kupchak said. "I think they'll make a decision based on wins — quality of life and winning

"There may be a couple of guys like that. A couple."

Two in particular would be Howard and Payton, two of the biggest winners in 1996. Howard roped in a $105-million contract and Payton signed an $85-million contract.

They won't get that type of money again. But perhaps Denver would be willing to spend a little bit to keep Howard in town with first-round draft pick Carmelo Anthony and potential free-agent signee Gilbert Arenas. And Milwaukee owner Herb Kohl, eager to show he's serious about the Bucks after rebuffing an offer from Michael Jordan to buy the team, ponies up to bring back Payton.

Either of those scenarios seems more likely than their signing with the Lakers.

Remember a couple of years ago when Kendall Gill — Kendall Gill — passed up a chance to play with the Lakers to take $7 million from the (pre-Jason Kidd) New Jersey Nets?

Only once have the Lakers had a viable free agent come to town for less than market value, and that was six years ago.

Rick Fox, fresh off a career-high 15.4-points-per-game season with the Boston Celtics, signed with the Lakers for $1 million. He had better offers, including $5 million a year from the Cleveland Cavaliers. But he came to L.A. for less cash.

"He made a decision that was just a little bit different than most people," Kupchak said. "That's very unlikely, but you never know. You could get one guy like that. It happened once. It worked out for Rick."

He got a slight raise the next season, but the payoff began in August 1999. That's when he signed a six-year, $24-million contract, then embarked on the first of three championship seasons.

"I couldn't tell him it was the right thing to do," Kupchak said. "I said, 'Rick, do you know what you're doing here?' He said, 'Yeah, I know. But I need a change. I need to get out of Boston. I need to get my mind back on something that's important.' "

Maybe, just maybe, there's another guy with Fox's mentality out there.

One avenue for the Lakers would be to offer a longer contract than another team, particularly for slightly older players such as Payton (35 on July 23) or Brown (34). Then they run the risk of getting stuck with a diminished player down the road.

The collective bargaining agreement prevents them from offering more than three or four years to a player over 36, which could factor in with Karl Malone.

"You really can't get creative," Kupchak said. " You just kind of offer what you can. You hope whatever else you have to bring to the table either offsets two equal bids, or if there's a little bit more, the chance to win and live in Los Angeles, those things can happen."

So Kupchak keeps his cell phone charged. The other night he was in the backyard, watching the kids play in the pool, when a player agent called.

"Put your clothes on!" Kupchak yelled — at his daughter, not the agent.

But maybe his time with the kids will prove to be less frustrating. At least they don't put the money first.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think the Lakers will do too well in the FA market. Bottom line is that the players go where the money is 9 times out of 10. Payton is just a dream IMO.

adidas11
07-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I'm less than enamored by a potential Karl Malone pickup.

I just can't see him resorting to the 3rd or 4th option in an offense, and basically standing out there and setting screens and diving for loose balls (the kind of PF the Lakers really need)

A big reason why Karl Malone has had such an effective career is because he is a developed and professional scorer. He knows how to put the ball in the basket. The Lakers do NOT have offensive problems. Their problems are on the defensive end. I'd prefer someone with longer arms, and can function in an offense without getting the ball the majority of the time. Hit your wide open jumpers, and help Shaq defend and rebound in the paint.

PJ Brown fits that description perfectly.

Also, picking up Gary Payton would help tremendously. The Lakers two "problem" positions are point guard and power forward. The Lakers didn't have a point guard problem the year before, because they had a solid rotation of Fisher and Lyndsey Hunter, and they just went with whoever was playing better out of the two in any given situation. But last year, it was either Fisher, or nada (with Jennero Pargo counting as nada because of his inexperience) Payton would be a huge upgrade in competing and defending on the perimeter.

I would like the Lakers to target PJ Brown first, then Payton second. Ideally, they would get both. :)

SpursFanInAustin
07-03-2003, 09:16 PM
PJ Brown is gonna take up the entire MLE of the Lakers, leaving them with just 1.4 mill exception, and we know Payton's not gonna take that. Brown is gonna get some offers for the full MLE by Orlando and Dallas to name a few.

SanAntonioBard
07-03-2003, 10:17 PM
You sound like Spurs completely dominated Lakers in the playoffs.

And you act like SA doesn't have the two time MVP, $16M in fucking caproom, and at least 5 of the eight rotation players locked into returning.:fro The Lakers didn't exactly blow out the spurs in 2002, either, slipped badly last year, and have little to spend, with several large holes to fill.

Separation. Can you say separation boys and girls? I knew you could...

My answer would be...Speedy Claxton. He'd be infinitely more dangerous than the aging Gary Payton. PLEASE sign Payton, Mr. Kupchak. PLEASE!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm scared that they might nab Scottie Pippen and Karl Malone somehow...

Pippen
Bryant
Fox
Malone
Shaq

That's a pretty scary lineup given that Pippen had his best year in 5 last season, and Malone can still defend okay and knock down open jumpers.

God Almighty
07-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Gary Payton.

ImFromBeijing
07-03-2003, 11:35 PM
Karl Malone, hands down.

I don't wanna see the "chasing the all-time scoring title" side-show. I wish all Lakers players would just concentrate on winning the title.

TwoHandJam
07-04-2003, 12:29 AM
You sound like Spurs completely dominated Lakers in the playoffs.

Well, you did get beat in game 6 by the largest margin of defeat of any defending champ in NBA history.

I think that says something.

ImFromBeijing
07-04-2003, 01:09 AM
Well, you did get beat in game 6 by the largest margin of defeat of any defending champ in NBA history.

Yeah, but it's just one game. Spurs completely dominated lakers in the second part of 3rd and fourth, and that's about it.

When you talk about domination you should go no further than WCF 2 years ago.

I don't care how the series ended, but you don't call 4-2 domination, especially when it could have easilly been 3-3 or even 4-2 had a certain 3-pointer been 1/2 inch shorter.

SanAntonioBard
07-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Scoreboard, Beijing. Spurs were "close" in every game in 2002, and that and a dollar will buy Pop a cup of coffee. Lakers slid back, and don't have the cash. Spurs passed them by, and DO have the cash.

adidas11
07-04-2003, 02:23 AM
The main reason the Lakers lost in these playoffs was because they ran out of gas. Worn out after winning 3 titles in a row (something San Antonio will probably not achieve) and being the #1 target in the league since the new millineum. Couple that with a hungry and well organized Spurs team, the Lakers were not able to advance past the 2nd round of the playoffs this year.

But quit acting like the Spurs and Lakers were on even footing to start off with. The Lakers entire season was a COMPLETELY different experience than anything the Spurs have ever faced. It has happened to every team that has won multiple titles: eventually you wear out, and you're left running on fumes. It happened to the Bulls, it happened to the Pistons, it happened to the Celtics of the mid to late 80s, and it happened to the Lakers this past season.

Check back with me in a few years, and see if San Antonio is playing at full strength, IF they even make the finals 3 consecutive years in a row. Until then, don't EVEN compare 2003 to 2002.

NEXT.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-04-2003, 02:24 AM
Beijing - about that 3; yes he was wide open and yes it went in and out, but by my calculations Horry has made every game-winner he's had against the Spurs, so I don't feel too bad about the fact that he missed one... about time! :lol

gunawanspurs
07-04-2003, 05:27 AM
Gary Payton.

Guy is a light yrs improvement compared to Fisher.

TwoHandJam
07-04-2003, 10:09 AM
When you talk about domination you should go no further than WCF 2 years ago.

Hey, at least we didn't cry like little girls. :cry Lakers love to dish it out but they sure can't take it.

I don't care how the series ended, but you don't call 4-2 domination, especially when it could have easilly been 3-3 or even 4-2 had a certain 3-pointer been 1/2 inch shorter. Could easily have been 4-1 as well. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

adidas11
07-04-2003, 02:47 PM
Tim Duncan was crying in 2002 as well TwoHand, and don't forget 2001, when he just sat there after game two, and quit playing the rest of the series (most heartless display by a superstar that I've ever seen)

The Lakers were crying because they were trying to make history, winning 4 in a row. It just meant that much to them. Calling them out like little girls is classless on your part as a true basketball fan. As a Laker fan, I would have been pissed if they didn't act crushed after losing in the playoffs. Heck, growing up playing soccer, when my club team lost in the game before the national final 4, I cried my ass off, because it meant so much to me. Bring a better take, chump.

:flipoff

TwoHandJam
07-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Tim Duncan was crying in 2002 as well TwoHand, and don't forget 2001, when he just sat there after game two, and quit playing the rest of the series (most heartless display by a superstar that I've ever seen)

I've never seen Tim cry and neither have you. There were no tears in '01. The most heartless display by a superstar goes to Shaq by a landslide. Neglecting his weight year after year, delaying surgeries and shirking his responsibilities to his teammates and his fans is far worse than anything that happened in '01.

picnroll
07-04-2003, 03:24 PM
Adidas I'd like to see pictures of TD crying. I've seen pictures of him with a towel over his head. I've seen countless post from Laker's fans ragging on him about crying (none since Kobe and Fisher had their game six catharsis). I've seen pictures of Fisher bawling like a newborn baby. I've seen pictures of Kobe, tears rolling down the cheeks. Could you post these pictures of TD crying so I could see those too?

adidas11
07-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Jordan cried
Kobe cried
I cried

Maybe it's because the Lakers cared.

As for a heartless display TwoHand, I want people to fight hard in the face of adversity. The Lakers did that. I was never more proud of my team than this past playoffs, when they had every reason to fold in the series after game 2 against the Spurs, but they came back to give themselves a chance.

Why didn't the Spurs do the same in 2001? Why??? At least come out on the court and bust your ass!

Picnroll, I don't have any pictures, but seeing Tim Duncan sitting on the bench while playing against the Lakers, in Game 3 in the 3rd quarter while getting blown out, with his hands folded and staring at the floor, with Pop trying his best to console him, is absolutely the same thing as crying.

Oh, and as far as heartless displays, which team has established themselves as one of the greatest teams ever by winning 3 in a row, and which one has not?

End of discussion. :)

DuffMcCartney
07-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Why didn't the Spurs do the same in 2001? Why??? At least come out on the court and bust your ass!

They did bust their ass, I'm not using the injury excuse but our 2nd leading scorer(Derek Anderson) was injured in that series. Whoever the 2nd leading scorer is on the Lakers, Kobe I would assume, so lets see Kobe injured and see how far you would get. Probably nowhere.

DuffMcCartney
07-04-2003, 05:31 PM
If Lakers add Gary and a decent PF (D Coleman?)

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Coleman a decent PF? HA HAHAHAAHA thats a fucking laugher.

adidas11
07-04-2003, 05:35 PM
That's two awful takes in a row, in just this thread Duff. Plus the one awful take in the Malone thread. Pathetic

Without a doubt, the Spurs quit playing after game 2 in 1999. Pop even called them out after the loss in game 3. So what does that tell you!?

As for Derrick Coleman, he had an excellent season for Philly last year Duff. Please do some research before you post on this board. Just because a player doesn't average superstar numbers, doesn't mean he didn't have a good season. Understand the dynamics of team sports before you swim in the deep end with the rest of us bigger kids, young one. :lol

DuffMcCartney
07-04-2003, 05:41 PM
Without a doubt, the Spurs quit playing after game 2 in 1999. Pop even called them out after the loss in game 3. So what does that tell you!?

It tells me you're a dumbass who doesnt remember the Spurs swept the Lakers in 99. Especially, since we are talking about 2001 Playoffs.

As for Derrick Coleman, he had an excellent season for Philly last year Duff

An excellent season in Philly who is in the East....enough said.

adidas11
07-04-2003, 05:45 PM
Quote: "An excellent season in Philly who is in the East....enough said. "

A good season is a good season. You still haven't proven that Coleman had an awful season. Please show facts to substantiate your claim. And who cares if it's in the east, or the west? Are you saying that since Tracy McGrady plays in the east, he isn't a superstar???

As for 1999, the Lakers fought hard in every game, and lost to the better team. In 2001, the Spurs quit after game 2, because games 3 and 4 were over by the middle of the second quarter. Don't compare the two Duff. :flipoff

DuffMcCartney
07-04-2003, 06:24 PM
I find it funny that the LAKERS always fight hard and stick it out to the end but the Spurs give up and the game is over by the 2nd quarter. Not only that that I can't compare the two, which means your bitter about the first sweep but I could care less about the second, since you guys sweeping us 2 years ago doesnt mean shit since we are hold the O'Brien trophy this year.:wacko

adidas11
07-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Then quit acting like winning this year if justification about how the Spurs were actually better than the Lakers for the previous 3 years (they weren't) I gave the Spurs props for winning it this year. It was well deserved, they were the best team. I even predicted them winning it before the playoffs even started.

Now they have to prove they have what it takes to repeat and 3peat. :) That's the test of a true great team. My team has already proven that they can do it.

TwoHandJam
07-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Jordan cried
Kobe cried
I cried

Maybe it's because the Lakers cared.
Jordan cried tears of joy. Kobe cried like a baby from grief. There's a difference.

As for a heartless display TwoHand, I want people to fight hard in the face of adversity. The Lakers did that. I was never more proud of my team than this past playoffs, when they had every reason to fold in the series after game 2 against the Spurs, but they came back to give themselves a chance.

They were the 3 time defending champs for chrissakes, they're not supposed to give up after being down 0-2. Not to mention they were headed back home. We folded badly in '01 for sure but we were not the 3 time defending champs and we were headed on the road. Big difference, moron.

Picnroll, I don't have any pictures, but seeing Tim Duncan sitting on the bench while playing against the Lakers, in Game 3 in the 3rd quarter while getting blown out, with his hands folded and staring at the floor, with Pop trying his best to console him, is absolutely the same thing as crying.
Crying is crying. Looking dejected is looking dejected. There's a difference, fool.

Oh, and as far as heartless displays, which team has established themselves as one of the greatest teams ever by winning 3 in a row, and which one has not?

Which team has lost their title defense in the worst fashion in NBA history? On their home court no less. Largely because a irresponsible fat ass couldn't live up to his responsiblities.

That's heartless.

adidas11
07-04-2003, 11:28 PM
TwoHand, I seriously don't want to chat with you anymore. Thank you.

I've already proven my point, and destroyed your argument at the same time. Please do me a favor, and don't respond to any of my posts anymore. And I will do my best not to respond to any of yours. I'm asking you very nicely to respect my wishes, as a fellow poster.

TwoHandJam
07-05-2003, 02:46 AM
:lol
adidas, all illusions of grandeur aside with respect to your thinking you've "destroyed my argument", I can agree to discontinue discussing this subject if you wish.

If some of the points I've brought up touched a nerve, I can understand but just remember we were discussing a sensitive subject. I can also distinctly remember things starting to get a little nasty when you told me to:
Bring a better take, chump. :flipoff You know how that old cliche goes; If you can't stand the heat....

I think we're both adult enough to continue replying to each other's posts in the future if we agree to drop this one discussion. I don't see the need for some pact whereby we need to avoid one another.

Deal?

adidas11
07-05-2003, 03:09 PM
:)

adidas11
07-05-2003, 06:37 PM
I can stand the heat without a problem. The problem here is that you have no idea what your talking about.

2 instances in my life with the subject of crying

1) My freshman year in college, we were the defending national champions, and the current #1 team in the country. We were considered a lock to win it again, after we landed probably the top recruiting class in the country. Including myself, another one of the freshmen on my team won National Player of the Year, after setting a school record for goals in the season. In the Regional Championship game, the game before the Final 4, we lost to a team in a game that we completely dominated. 1-0. A senior on my team, team captain and 2nd Team All American, cried his ass off after the game. So did our freshmen goalkeeper, who made an awful mistake in the game that allowed the opponent to score on us.

2) Myself, playing club soccer in high school. We got to the game before the National Final 4 for our age group (Under 16). In this game, playing with a sore back and bad ankle, I played one of the worst games of my life. Earlier in the year, my father passed away, so the team dedicated our representation in the Southern Regional Tournament to him. I made it my personal goal to win the National Championship for him, and we lost. Needless to say, I cried my ass off after we lost 2-1. One of the most painful moments in my life.

I can't respect your stance on this issue, because you have no idea what you're talking about, TwoHand. When I see a professional athlete at the highest level cry after his team loses an important game, I respect it. It means to me that he really cared that much. For you to call people (Kobe and Fisher) out like that tells me that I had no business crying after my team lost a tournament that I had personally dedicated to my Dad. CHUMPS like yourself, who just watch sports, but can't play them for sh!t, offer your simplistic views, which honestly are just pathetic.

Provide examples in your life were you played a sport at a very high level, and your team lost and didn't cry. Since you're an expert on sports, I'd love to hear your response. :rollin

Don't come into the kitchen, if you have no idea what you're talking about to begin with.

That is why I completely destroyed your weak argument in this thread. And man, that was fun! :)

NEXT!

CarnacTheMagnificent
07-05-2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I think it's embarrassing to make fun of fisher and kobe for crying.
I really like those two as players and, heck, I even felt for them when they took the loss that hard.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2003, 06:56 PM
:)
Laker fans feeling their oats with the latest FA news....

adidas11
07-05-2003, 07:07 PM
Quote: "Yeah, I think it's embarrassing to make fun of fisher and kobe for crying.
I really like those two as players and, heck, I even felt for them when they took the loss that hard. "

That's because TwoHand is a classless TOOL, Carnac, who probably has never played a sport in his life. (Rec league, and pick up basketball doesn't count)

Absolutely embarassing...

Archie
07-05-2003, 07:12 PM
what one fa do you want the lakers not to get?

Duncan, Tim.

And seeing the Lakers cry like a bunch of little girls was fucking classic.

adidas11
07-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Congratulations Archie, you just enlisted yourself into the classless TOOL contingent of the FullSportPress posters group.

:rollin

Bring a better take than that, man. Please, I'm begging you!

timvp
07-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think it's embarrassing to make fun of fisher and kobe for crying.
I really like those two as players and, heck, I even felt for them when they took the loss that hard.

Carnac tries hard to keep his "ultimate non-homer" image.

To answer the question, PJ Brown would go a long ways in making the Lakers a better team.

P.S.

The Lakers crying like beeches was classic:smokin2

Archie
07-05-2003, 07:18 PM
adidas, you are the epitome of a "classless tool." Be gone.

CarnacTheMagnificent
07-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Carnac tries hard to keep his "ultimate non-homer" image.

What is that supposed to mean? In order to be a true fan I must laugh whenever an opponent cries?
Sorry I don't fall right into line with others who think Kobe and Fisher crying was classic.
I'm sure if it was Tim Duncan who lost a series and was crying, you all wouldn't make fun of him. You'd probably defend him i addidas came in here saying that was classic.

Archie
07-05-2003, 07:28 PM
DFish was crying like he just got his cherry popped. It was a sight to behold.

TwoHandJam
07-05-2003, 09:27 PM
DFish was crying like he just got his cherry popped. It was a sight to behold.

I never get tired of watching it. :lol

Classic!

adidas, you don't seem to understand why Spurs fans like seeing the Lakers cry. The Lakers have been acting like classless champions for 3 years. Arrogant on the court and in the press. Never giving credit where it's due. In '01 when they were blowing us out by 20 point margins, they were laughing it up on the bench and gratuitously dunking in our faces. Miming "rip your heart out" gestures with Nicholoson, the whole nine yards. '02 was no better. No one cried about it.

When it was clear that we were going to win game 6 against the Lakers this year, Pop called a time out and asked everyone to be professional and not gloat. No one did. Not on the court and not in the press. We gave you guys credit even after the ass-walloping you received in game 6. The Lakers cried like babies. I can't imagine what they would have done if we had rubbed it in and gloated like children. Probably would have had to stay on suicide watch that night.

So you see, the moral of the story is that revenge is sweet. Especially when exacted against a group of clowns who really deserved it. The fact that they cried is just icing on the cake but it's not the crux of the matter. Your little personal anecdotes about crying after losing at sports, while highly entertaining in terms of visualizing you crying, aren't really relevant.

BTW, You seem to have quickly recovered from not even wanting to reply to my posts anymore. Not only that but it didn't take long for the name calling to surface again I see. I can understand why you like the Lakers. You can dish it out but you don't take it very well, just like them. I'm not going to personally insult you lest you crawl back into your shell and ask me to leave you alone again. I've got you pegged.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 03:18 AM
You idiot, bring a better take than that, TwoHand. I told you to list times in your life when you've played a sport (I doubt you have) and you lost something that you deeply cared about. Of course, you even failed to do that. Pathetic.

And as a Laker fan, once the Spurs or Kings, or any other team besides the Celtics wins 14 championships, then I'll start worrying about them and little "fans" like yourselves.

I don't seem to have a problem with the respected Spurs fans on this board, we seem to get along OK. But as for you, Twohand, you started a fight with me that you aren't going to win. I figure, to keep myself occupied and to have some fun, I'm going to hound you on this board for a very long time. It'll give me something to do before I start grad school! :)

BRING A BETTER TAKE, PLEASE! List specific events in your life when you've played a high level in sports! Show us that you know at least something about sports! hahaha! :rollin

adidas11
07-06-2003, 03:31 AM
Quote: "BTW, You seem to have quickly recovered from not even wanting to reply to my posts anymore. Not only that but it didn't take long for the name calling to surface again I see. I can understand why you like the Lakers. You can dish it out but you don't take it very well, just like them. I'm not going to personally insult you lest you crawl back into your shell and ask me to leave you alone again. I've got you pegged."

Are you done crying now, TwoHand? I've been dishing it out, taking it, and waiting for a response from you. Hopefully you won't back out of this game from me, because I could actually have a lot of fun with this! :)

TwoHandJam
07-06-2003, 09:08 AM
So you see, the moral of the story is that revenge is sweet. Especially when exacted against a group of clowns who really deserved it. The fact that they cried is just icing on the cake but it's not the crux of the matter. Your little personal anecdotes about crying after losing at sports, while highly entertaining in terms of visualizing you crying, aren't really relevant.

Read. Learn. It's sad what riff-raff they let into grad school these days.

I don't seem to have a problem with the respected Spurs fans on this board, we seem to get along OK.
Archie said
adidas, you are the epitome of a "classless tool." Be gone. But you have no clue who Archie is an alias for.
timvp said
The Lakers crying like beeches was classic so by your logic he's a classless tool as well. You're getting a lot of love from two of the most respected posters here.

It's boring trashing you. You're too easy a target and that takes all the fun out of it. Go away before you expose yourself to more public scrutiny/ridicule.

Whottt
07-06-2003, 11:27 AM
If being in the Classless Tool section of FullSportPress.com means you get to **** with Adidas...

Where can I sign up? :smokin

Edited:

Never mind I just don't have the heart to do it.

Jimcs50
07-06-2003, 01:26 PM
I have no problem with Kobe crying. If all the players in the NBA were as passionate of the game as he is, and worked as hard as he does in the offseason, then the NBA would be the best sport in the world as far as ratings. There are too many players that do not give a shit once they sign that fat contract and let themselves go to pot. In the NFL, if you do not produce, you lose your contract and can get cut, that is the way it should be.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Please keep it up, TwoHand! I haven't even begun to trash you yet! :)

Whott, you're more than welcome to participate in the conversation. I'm just fucking with TwoHand, gives me something to do this weekend.

TwoHand, you have yet to answer the question. Don't tell me you were the little kid on the playground who got picked last to play every sport. Or the little kid who got bullied around by the bigger kid, and you feel anger and resentment for doing that.

Quote: "adidas, you don't seem to understand why Spurs fans like seeing the Lakers cry. The Lakers have been acting like classless champions for 3 years. Arrogant on the court and in the press. Never giving credit where it's due. In '01 when they were blowing us out by 20 point margins, they were laughing it up on the bench and gratuitously dunking in our faces. Miming "rip your heart out" gestures with Nicholoson, the whole nine yards. '02 was no better. No one cried about it."

This explains everything. You look at the Lakers (and I'm only using this example, there are lots of others.) as the big, bad bully who made fun of you when you were younger, and now you're living this sick little fantasy in basketball. I hope this is not the case, because if it really is, then you're hopeless, pathetic. But it's the only way that I can infer into you mindless dribble.

And yet you have the balls to come on this board, and chastise my family (especially my Father) Absolutely classless. I don't mind you coming at me, because if you didn't, that would take the fun out of fucking with you. But by brining up the whole "crying" aspect, you attacked my Dad. Well done, TwoHand. :rolleyes

Quote: "Read. Learn. It's sad what riff-raff they let into grad school these days."

Yet you still whine and cry, about nothing! :cry

Make a real response. Stand up for yourself like a man! Please! :)

Whottt
07-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Jim what makes Kobe a bitch for crying is the way he thought he was king shit two years ago when they swept us and he pulled that sick fucking "rip their hearts out" display up by about 40 points. It was fucking barbaric.

Sorry that was shitty and he needed someone to stick their foot up his ass.

Basically he can dish it out and taunt when he is winning but then he cried like a little bitch when he lost.

It's hard to respect that IMO.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 01:48 PM
You're welcome to your opinion Whott. :)

Unfortunately, the sticking the foot in his ass came 3 years too late, after the Lakers had already established themselves as a dynasty.

For some reason, I don't think Kobe will have "learned his lesson" as some of your Spurs fans seem to hope.

Archie
07-06-2003, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately when the Lakers' great dynasty was unseated, Bryant chose to cry like a little bitch. Now all the fans of the former great Laker dynasty can do is troll Spurs fan forums and reminisce...

Go find something else to do, kiddo.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 01:58 PM
Unfortunately Archie, I've been "trolling" on this board and the SpursReport forum for a couple of years now. I came on when my team was the champion, and I'm still on when my team lost.

Instead of going to find something else to do, as you suggested, I think I'll just stick around here and post some more.

Quote: "Bryant chose to cry like a little bitch."

Awww...is Archie feeling resentful? :cry Did BIG and BAD Kobe hurt his feelings before? :lol

Archie
07-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm just telling it like it is. Yes, you are trolling today.

Whottt
07-06-2003, 02:05 PM
I've seen Girl Scouts that took losing better than Kobe.

If he's gonna be a dickhead when his team wins then he needs to take it like a man when they lose.

He didn't, he cried like a bitch.

"rip their hearts out" wasn't a celebration of victory..it was taunting and attemping to demoralize and humiliate fellow competitors. An incredibly undefensible act of poor sportsmanship.

Kobe's lucky the Spurs are a class act..if he tried that shit in front of Charles Oakley or Charles Barkley he'd have had a basketball shoved up his ass and been picking his teeth up off the floor.

I'll give Shaq this..I hate Shaq with a fucking passion, I don't really hate Kobe..but at least when Shaq lost he took it like a man. Shaq's talked a lot of shit since he was blessed with his titles..at least took it like he dished it out.

Edit: and they both whined about injuries after they lost..fucking Robinson alone was carrying more injuries than the entire LakerTeam..not to mention our past injuries when we lost.

Why can't your team just respect their opponents and give credit when they are beaten? And how do you as a fan turn a blind eye to the fact that they don't? They made inroads to accountability during this past asskicking...but I was disenchanted when I had to watch Kobe come on during the finals and pull the injury card.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 02:08 PM
And how exactly am I trolling Archie? Did I incite a negative response in a Spurs forum, by talking trash? No. All I did was respond to someone who attacked me personally, and attacked my family. And I had fun doing it at the same time.

DuffMcCartney
07-06-2003, 04:34 PM
I'll give Shaq this..I hate Shaq with a fucking passion, I don't really hate Kobe..but at least when Shaq lost he took it like a man. Shaq's talked a lot of shit since he was blessed with his titles..at least took it like he dished it out.

He took it like a man when they lost but then turned into a bitch when he blamed the rest of his team for them losing and couldnt even be bothered to show up for the teams post season meetings. Talk about being a classless ****.

TwoHandJam
07-06-2003, 04:39 PM
:lol

I love it! Now according to addidas, I attacked his family, specifically his father.

Fucking hilarious!

addidas you need help, man. Now I just feel sorry for you.

adidas11
07-06-2003, 04:46 PM
You're happy that you verbally attacked a man's deceased father, TwoHand? You don't say?

Now, back to the question that I asked you earlier. Actually, I'll even make it simplier for you. Have you ever played a sport in your life? Ever?

I'm sorry that I hurt your feelins earlier on. :cry , but I'm really curious about your answer on this one. Go for it! Don't be scared! :)

adidas11
07-06-2003, 06:59 PM
No answer from TwoHand? Why?

And here I was, hoping for an epic battle, similar to the Ghost vs SpursFan/MarcusBryant/DogNasty battles that we've all come to love. I guess that's what I deserve for getting my hopes up. :(

"Crying??? There's no crying in baseball!!" :lol :rollin

Archie
07-06-2003, 08:12 PM
:sleep

Jimcs50
07-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Well, maybe Kobe learned a valuble lesson, and if he wins again, he will act like a good sportsman , because he experienced defeat and knows how it hurts inside to be on the losing end. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I like his passion and his practice habits, he is driven, and you have to respect that, even if we hate his team.

adidas11
07-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Still waiting for TwoHand...

Please don't tell me it was this easy to hurt his feelings, and make him run off from a simple challenge. :(

As for Kobe, he never did anything wrong in the first place. The "learning his lesson" part probably won't take effect.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2003, 10:14 AM
Karl Malone

Giving Shaq a credible power forward to take some of the post-pressure off him would be devastating offensively and defensively.

While I'd hate to see Payton land in LA, I think adding a star perimeter player will butt heads with the shot-happy Bryant.

:cooldevil