PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Kobe stat

CosmicCowboy
11-14-2005, 09:32 AM
He's not shooting 3's this year...he is averaging 32ppg and hasn't made a single 3 this year...and thats after jacking up 6 a game last year...whats up with that?

Ginofan
11-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Kobe is the man.

Taco
11-14-2005, 09:38 AM
...he is averaging 32ppg

Yeah but @ 30 FGA per game :lol

missmyzte
11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Last year, Rudy T had one play that he drew up: shoot 3's. That's all any of the Lakers did last year was shoot 3's. As you know, that's not a good game plan and you saw the outcome of that. Phil Jackson has a better game plan and shooting 3's every possession isn't a part of that plan.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2005, 09:44 AM
doesnt stop him from being a ballhog, its me, myself n kobe.

if you look at the trend of his stats, he likes to score 30+ pts for 3-4 games and then stat padd the ass/rebs columns in the 5 game so he can avg 30 5 5...

implacable44
11-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Yeah but @ 30 FGA per game :lol

he is shooting 46% - 13 for 27 and have you seen his team ? where else do you want the points to come from ? Kobe is the second best perimeter player in the league - the only perimeter guy better than him is Dwayne Wade.

SenorSpur
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
It may be a different coach, but it's the same offensive philosophy. 1 on 5 featuring all Kobe, all the time. Kobe will win his share of battles, but the Lakers will certainly lose the war.

CosmicCowboy
11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Dang, lotta Kobe hate in here...I'm just sayin it's very strange that a career 33% three point shooter with the ball in his hands isn't taking any threes...It would be like Big Shot Rob (31% last year) passing up threes...

Jimcs50
11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
It is called the TRIANGLE offense.

Duh!

CosmicCowboy
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
It is called the TRIANGLE offense.

Duh!

Not so Duh, buddy...

In '03-'04 lakers went to the finals using the TRIANGLE and Kobe was putting up 3.5 three point attempts a game on a team with more offensive threats...

I'm just sayin it's a strange stat coming from Kobe..

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Kobe is on my FB team...keep scoring brah! :)

Jimcs50
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Not so Duh, buddy...

In '03-'04 lakers went to the finals using the TRIANGLE and Kobe was putting up 3.5 three point attempts a game on a team with more offensive threats...

I'm just sayin it's a strange stat coming from Kobe..

They also had Shaq in the middle creating double and triple teams all game long, thus giving Kobe the open looks.

duh, again.

:)

Medvedenko
11-14-2005, 10:39 AM
He's in attack mode...settling for 3's in not part of the game plan anymore. Now, he is playing better ball lately with exception to last game. I don't care if he takes 30 shots per game as long as he's hitting a good percentage. Now with that being said...Lamar Odom is averaging 4 3's per game....that's just scary.

Taco
11-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Kobe is on my FB team...keep scoring brah! :)

All is fair in Love and Fantasy Leagues :lol

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 10:50 AM
He also hasn't raped a woman this season. Odd.

Medvedenko
11-14-2005, 11:02 AM

Nice......
Anyway..back on the topic of basketball...The Lakers need a better Low Post presence if they are going to do any damage this year. Kwame needs to improve or the Lakers will make some changes come deadline....remember....the Lakers currently are worse than the Clippers and Kings in their city. I gaurantee Buss doesn't like that.

LilMissSPURfect
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM

dam cold........

LilMissSPURfect
11-14-2005, 11:17 AM
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per Game(31.8)
Ranks #6 in the NBA in Minutes Per Game(41.0)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Made(76.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Field Goal Attempts(164.0)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Free Throws(39.0)
Ranks #11 in the NBA in Free Throw Attempts(47.0)
Ranks #2 in the NBA in Points(191.0)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field Goals Per 48 Minutes(14.83)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Field-Goal Attempts Per 48 Minutes(32.0)
Ranks #15 in the NBA in Free Throws Per 48 Minutes(7.61)
Ranks #1 in the NBA in Points Per 48 Minutes(37.3)
Ranks #18 in the NBA in Total Turnovers(20.0)
Ranks #12 in the NBA in Total Efficiency Points(149.0)
Ranks #8 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(24.83)
Ranks #14 in the NBA in Turnovers Per Game(3.33)

the bizarre stat is that the CIPPERS lead thier division !!!!

SenorSpur
11-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Nice......
Anyway..back on the topic of basketball...The Lakers need a better Low Post presence if they are going to do any damage this year. Kwame needs to improve or the Lakers will make some changes come deadline....remember....the Lakers currently are worse than the Clippers and Kings in their city. I gaurantee Buss doesn't like that.

Like it or not - don't expect that to change this season.

Congrats to Kobe. He's forced the Fakers to construct a team built solely around him. Good luck being the hero. Now he'll see what it's like to be licking the Clippers bootstraps for the next couple of years.

Medvedenko
11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
The Clip joint will implode as it usually does..they always had the talent, just poor execution. Good for them and their early season fortunes. Nothing wrong with having a rivalry in the same city. We are all curious to see how a team that's built around Kobe will do...this is real first year that this will happen.

SenorSpur
11-14-2005, 12:03 PM
The Clip joint will implode as it usually does..they always had the talent, just poor execution. Good for them and their early season fortunes. Nothing wrong with having a rivalry in the same city. We are all curious to see how a team that's built around Kobe will do...this is real first year that this will happen.

Uh, are you conveniently forgetting about last year? This is the second year of the All-Kobe regime.

It's funny, I used to wish ill on the Fakers and rejoiced in seeing the Spurs, or any team for that matter, take them down. Now, all I have to do is sit back and watch Kobe do it on his own.

romsey31
11-14-2005, 02:33 PM
he is shooting 46% - 13 for 27 and have you seen his team ? where else do you want the points to come from ? Kobe is the second best perimeter player in the league - the only perimeter guy better than him is Dwayne Wade.

Dwayne Wade is better than Kobe??

implacable44
11-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Dwayne Wade is better than Kobe??

is that news to you ? Dwayne Wade will end his career as a better player than Kobe, Lebron or Mcgrady. As long as he keeps developing his jumper he will be great. His jumper is sporadic now - and he is still unstoppable - even without Shaq on the floor and he will only get better as his jumper improves and people have to respect his range. You can't tell me you think Kobe is better than D. Wade can you ? - I mean I guess you can because after all - these are just opinions but for case in point- read the ESPN magazine article on Dwade and look at the players who said they would take Dwade over anyone else in the league.

romsey31
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
is that news to you ? Dwayne Wade will end his career as a better player than Kobe, Lebron or Mcgrady. As long as he keeps developing his jumper he will be great. His jumper is sporadic now - and he is still unstoppable - even without Shaq on the floor and he will only get better as his jumper improves and people have to respect his range. You can't tell me you think Kobe is better than D. Wade can you ? - I mean I guess you can because after all - these are just opinions but for case in point- read the ESPN magazine article on Dwade and look at the players who said they would take Dwade over anyone else in the league.

Ok cause you can see the future right? Is he better than Kobe now???? Dont tell me what will happen at the end of his career.

implacable44
11-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Ok cause you can see the future right? Is he better than Kobe now???? Dont tell me what will happen at the end of his career.

In my opinion he is and as I said - feel free to read the ESPN the mag article where several NBA players and coaches agree.

Brutalis
11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Kobe is doing good and has the right mindset.

But little to people understand that the Lakers are a 1 man team and run in and out of Kobe. Teams like that either fall subject to injury or losing seasons.

romsey31
11-14-2005, 03:29 PM
In my opinion he is and as I said - feel free to read the ESPN the mag article where several NBA players and coaches agree.

My Gosh

Medvedenko
11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
I forgot ESPN magazine is the main source on who's better than Kobe....
It's funny all the sg's in the league are compared to Kobe....it's funny no one says....
I'm better than Wade or Pierce or Carter....they all compare themselves to Kobe and media does the same thing....why....? Because Kobe is better, was better and will be better when all of these poseurs careers are over. 11 game of 35 pnts in a row and over, 9 games of 40 points in a row...the most 3's in a game...TD threat each game, clutch shots, oh and rings...
Wade is good, but Kobe is great, everyone else will keep on comparing.

Brutalis
11-14-2005, 04:56 PM
It's funny all the sg's in the league are compared to Kobe....it's funny no one says....
I'm better than Wade or Pierce or Carter....they all compare themselves to Kobe and media does the same thing....why....? Because Kobe is better, was better and will be better when all of these poseurs careers are over. 11 game of 35 pnts in a row and over, 9 games of 40 points in a row...the most 3's in a game...TD threat each game, clutch shots, oh and rings...

Did you just called Wade, Carter, and Pierce a poser?

#1. Dummy.

#2. At least they never got.. caught.

#3. Even if they never win a ring, they'll never be known for the guy that rode Shaqs back to rings.

#4. Ahahahahahah.

SA Gunslinger
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Showbie Cryant is overrated.

duncan2k5
11-14-2005, 07:13 PM
he is overrated...ppl continually say he is the best player in the game (mostly laker fans)...and i ask how can he be the best when he cant lead his team to the playoffs? timmy can be put on ANY team in the league and make the playoffs...another thing to look at is if he makes teammates better...so far for kobe...nope. everyone who went there became worse...Odom is lost, Chis mihm became better by default because he never got minutes befoe...as soon as butler and chucky left they became good again...kwame is still a bust. i can go on and on...but i'll save it

lordswing
11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I really don't see where all the kobe hate is coming from, my fucking god. Odom is NO way lost, he's flirting with triple-doubles every game, Mihm is starting to turn into a offensive threat, and Smush Parker?? Yeh, Kobe does NOT deserve this bashing.

sandman
11-14-2005, 09:58 PM
I really don't see where all the kobe hate is coming from

I would say Eagle, Colorado.

slayermin
11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I really don't see where all the kobe hate is coming from, my fucking god. Odom is NO way lost, he's flirting with triple-doubles every game, Mihm is starting to turn into a offensive threat, and Smush Parker?? Yeh, Kobe does NOT deserve this bashing.

Screw Kobe and Phyllis. I hope they fail miserably.

Though I hate Sam Cassell, I will be rooting on the Clippers to win the Pacific.

Marcus Bryant
11-15-2005, 12:51 AM
Kobe is finding out how great life is without a 7'2", 400 lbs dominant center in the paint right about now.

jochhejaam
11-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Dang, lotta Kobe hate in here...I'm just sayin it's very strange that a career 33% three point shooter with the ball in his hands isn't taking any threes...It would be like Big Shot Rob (31% last year) passing up threes...
Maybe Phil has outlawed the 3 in LA, how many do the rest of the team shoot?

implacable44
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM

dude I dont care if the quotes were in better homes and gardens - ESPN the mag was irrelevant as far as a source - the sources were the players who made the statements - the people that matter. hell - all of them said D wade was a tougher match-up than Kobe - did you see what Kobe did last year? NADA ZIP -- ZILCH -- ZERO _ funny thing - the year before that trade D-WADE still led his team to the playoffs with basically the same squad Kobe had - wierd how that works.

implacable44
11-15-2005, 09:55 AM
I would say Eagle, Colorado.

Katy Tigers?

CavsSuperFan
11-15-2005, 01:17 PM
St. Croix Boy is the smartest basketball poster on this board.... :smokin

CavsSuperFan
11-15-2005, 01:28 PM
1st pick... Andrew Bynum...7 feet 290 lbs...
PPG 0.0
RPG 0.6
Go Mitch...

sandman
11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Katy Tigers?

Yes, they are. You local?

implacable44
11-15-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes, they are. You local?

no i went to judson - but there is a 5a message board - maybe you already post on it - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/

you should take a peek - built and maintained by Katy apologists er faithful.

sandman
11-15-2005, 08:09 PM
no i went to judson - but there is a 5a message board - maybe you already post on it - http://www.5atexasfootball.com/

you should take a peek - built and maintained by Katy apologists er faithful.

John Jay man myself, at least before private school. My son is only in the 5th grade, so I have not been consumed by the god that is Katy Football.