PDA

View Full Version : For Soccer Fans: Argentina 2 England 3!

snoop33
11-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Please accept my apologies in advance if I have posted this in the wrong Forum. I don't mind if the Mods want to move it.

This was a fantastic "friendly" game on Saturday ahead of next year's World Cup (which the USA have also qualified for - in case you are interested).

Behind Brazil, Argentina are the 2nd favourites to win the tournament, so this was a great result for England's young team. What made the win even sweeter was the fact that the Argentine players were rubbishing and taunting the English before the game!

Who's laughing now? :lol

atlfan25
11-14-2005, 12:01 PM
bullshit forum

Summers
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
:lol This is gonna be good.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-14-2005, 12:44 PM
It was a good game. England won with a goal in the 91st minute, so don't get TOO cocky. Either way I thought Argentina played better than England for most of the game, and crumbled in the last 10 minutes, evidenced by the fact that England scored 2 goals in almost rapid succession. Either way it was a deserving win for the English, congrats. Now we will see you in next year's world cup!

P.S. WHen you say England's young team you make it sound like they were playing with scrubs, which is completely untrue. Besides, they were both young teams.

tlongII
11-14-2005, 02:17 PM
As I am of English ancestory I was very pleased with this result.

snoop33
11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
bullshit forum

Thanks for your input. I told you already that I don't want membership to your bullshit forum. Now quit stalking me or I'll get the men in white coats to drag your sorry ass back to the institution. :rolleyes

snoop33
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
It was a good game. England won with a goal in the 91st minute, so don't get TOO cocky. Either way I thought Argentina played better than England for most of the game, and crumbled in the last 10 minutes, evidenced by the fact that England scored 2 goals in almost rapid succession. Either way it was a deserving win for the English, congrats. Now we will see you in next year's world cup!

P.S. WHen you say England's young team you make it sound like they were playing with scrubs, which is completely untrue. Besides, they were both young teams.

The game is over 90 minutes right? Don't tell me SA Spurs have never stolen a game in the dying minutes?

Personally, I think a draw was a fair result - I just wasn't very impressed with the lack of sportsmanship from some of the Argentinian players (pre-match). I'm not gloating - in fact I have a soft spot for Argentina, as Messrs. Ardiles and Villa are two of my heroes (yes I am a Spurs season ticket holder fan of the Tottenham variety).

I think Beckham is our only player over 26 years old. I'd need to check that, but that is what I meant by "young team".

snoop33
11-14-2005, 04:12 PM
As I am of English ancestory I was very pleased with this result.

Where in England are your ancestors from?

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
England owns the Argies again.

tlongII
11-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Where in England are your ancestors from?

Near Ipswich.

Extra Stout
11-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Near Ipswich.Ya think yar special, do ya? Yar people oppressed mine far centuries, ya English swine!

Extra Stout
11-14-2005, 04:54 PM
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/europe/ireland/Flagbig.GIF

snoop33
11-14-2005, 04:57 PM
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/europe/ireland/Flagbig.GIF

Very nice flag (that we won't see at the 2006 World Cup).

Spurs have 2 good Irish players (Robbie Keane and Andy Reid), so I won't mock you Guiness man!

nkdlunch
11-14-2005, 04:57 PM
preseason :lmao

tlongII
11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Ya think yar special, do ya? Yar people oppressed mine far centuries, ya English swine!

Sorry about that. The English did a lot of bad things throughout history.

snoop33
11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
preseason :lmao
No - it's "mid season" actually (you can get up off the floor now). :rolleyes This was a friendly international game between England and Argentina.

The "World Cup" (Soccer) is the biggest sporting event on our planet. Don't make me embarrass you by saying any more. :blah

Summers
11-14-2005, 05:10 PM
I have no idea why people say the British are uptight.

nkdlunch
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM
No - it's "mid season" actually (you can get up off the floor now). :rolleyes This was a friendly international game between England and Argentina.

The "World Cup" (Soccer) is the biggest sporting event on our planet. Don't make me embarrass you by saying any more. :blah

I was saying that because a "friendly" soccer match could be equated to NBA preseason game genius.

and everyone here brushed off Spurs losses w/the preseason pretext.u actually embarrased urself :tu

Extra Stout
11-14-2005, 05:11 PM

How often do you brush your teeth?

atlfan25
11-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for your input. I told you already that I don't want membership to your bullshit forum. Now quit stalking me or I'll get the men in white coats to drag your sorry ass back to the institution. :rolleyes
That makes a lot of sense.

smeagol
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
England owns the Argies again.
How is that so?

snoop33
11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I was saying that because a "friendly" soccer match could be equated to NBA preseason game genius.

and everyone here brushed off Spurs losses w/the preseason pretext.u actually embarrased urself :tu
England are only playing 2 or 3 "friendly" Soccer matches ahead of the 2006 World Cup (next June/July). If you think that Argentina vs. England is a "friendly", then you need to broaden your horizons Sir. :rolleyes

NBA pre-season games are relentless and back-to-back. You lose, you lose, you lose again... no-one gives a shit. Imagine SA Spurs only playing 2-3 games before entering a play off final against say - the NY Knicks or the Chicago Bulls...?. That's all the warm up you get for the ultimate prize?

30-15 to me nkd - your serve...

snoop33
11-14-2005, 06:01 PM
I have no idea why people say the British are uptight.
I have no idea why American sports winners (NBA / NFL / NHL) call themselves "World Champions". Please enlighten me Summers.

Before you pedants and hostile posters try and attack me for being anti-USA, I love your country (which I have visited 6 times), so please construct a valid response.

smeagol
11-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I have no idea why American sports winners (NBA / NFL / NHL) call themselves "World Champions". Please enlighten me Summers
Because the winner is the best in the World. Isn't that obvious? :rolleyes

nkdlunch
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
England are only playing 2 or 3 "friendly" Soccer matches ahead of the 2006 World Cup (next June/July). If you think that Argentina vs. England is a "friendly", then you need to broaden your horizons Sir. :rolleyes

NBA pre-season games are relentless and back-to-back. You lose, you lose, you lose again... no-one gives a shit. Imagine SA Spurs only playing 2-3 games before entering a play off final against say - the NY Knicks or the Chicago Bulls...?. That's all the warm up you get for the ultimate prize?

30-15 to me nkd - your serve...

A friendly match between 2 soccer nations is still nothing compared to if they meet in a real competition. oh and btw:
http://eldiego10.8k.com/La_mano_de_Dios.jpg :)

snoop33
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
A friendly match between 2 soccer nations is still nothing compared to if they meet in a real competition. oh and btw:
http://eldiego10.8k.com/La_mano_de_Dios.jpg :)
Read back up the page. I already said it was a friendly, but I stressed that it was an important friendly. There are only 1 or 2 more before the World Cup. :rolleyes .

Diego's "Hand of God" has nothing to do with 2006. The fact that you chose a pic of Argentina "cheating" ahead of his 2nd goal in the same match says a lot about you. As a purist, I applauded his 2nd goal - it was pure Genius.

40-15. Don't make me serve for the game - just hit it wide like all your other posts so far in here. Sheesh! :pctoss

N.Y. Johnny
11-14-2005, 09:01 PM
2006 will be interesting....I'm planning on making a trip to Italy next summer and also planning on goin up to Germany for maybe a couple of matches with my team.

I don't expect them to do bad, but then again there are superior teams participating in 2006. Brazil and Argentina are great as always and the Germans as hosts have that Home Field advantage thing kicking in for them, which lately has been a good thing for World Cup Hosts.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c342/NYJohnny/th_47acbdff.gif
Forza Azurri!!!

snoop33
11-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Italy are sure to do well - they don't concede many goals and have some very experienced players.

I don't agree about Germany though. Yes they are the "hosts", but home advantage is no use with a poor team. The England games will be like home games by the way (just like in France 1998).

Brazil are definitely the team to beat.

Extra Stout
11-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I have no idea why American sports winners (NBA / NFL / NHL) call themselves "World Champions". Please enlighten me Summers.

Before you pedants and hostile posters try and attack me for being anti-USA, I love your country (which I have visited 6 times), so please construct a valid response.
Because if another country's league claims to crown the "World Champions," we invade them.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2005, 09:02 AM
IMO Brasil is going to win again. Just because of sheer talent. There is absolutely no team that can rival them. I'd say Argentina is the only real threat to Brasil, and that is only because we've had more experience against them in qualifiers and the sort. England stands no chance against Brasil, and neither does France. Germany's team sucks. Ronaldhinio is out of this world, that guy is the best if not one of the best players to have EVER played the game, he is INSANE!

snoop33
11-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Because if another country's league claims to crown the "World Champions," we invade them.

:lol

Although, I'm not sure that I should be laughing at that. :oops

snoop33
11-15-2005, 09:12 AM
IMO Brasil is going to win again. Just because of sheer talent. There is absolutely no team that can rival them. I'd say Argentina is the only real threat to Brasil, and that is only because we've had more experience against them in qualifiers and the sort. England stands no chance against Brasil, and neither does France. Germany's team sucks. Ronaldhinio is out of this world, that guy is the best if not one of the best players to have EVER played the game, he is INSANE!

If I had to put money on it, I would also go for Brazil.

However, I think they know Argentina's players too well and England would pose them different problems. For example, they would get far less time on the ball.

I agree with you about Ronaldinho - some of the things he can do with a football are out of this World.

What's the story with this "Argentine Mafia" thing? Should I be concerned?

velik_m
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM

Brazil is a good team but don't forget WC is in Europe and home advantage is worth something (see France 98) i say France&Italy will chalenge the hardest, France has something to prove & Italy gave up on playing watchable football, so they are dangerous again (and they are lucky)

Argentina always has talent, but usally disappoints...

Anyway... GO DUTCH! :king

tlongII
11-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I would like to go to London during the World Cup and watch some games in a pub there. I did that during the last World Cup in Korea and had a blast.

nkdlunch
11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
There is no way Germany will lose on their home soil. Germany all the way.

Duncan21
11-15-2005, 02:24 PM
There is no way Germany will lose on their home soil. Germany all the way.

:lmao thats the funniest thing i have heard all year

cheguevara
11-15-2005, 02:30 PM

why?

nkdlunch
11-15-2005, 02:40 PM

do you even know what we're discussing??? this ain't the quattro thread :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Brazil is a good team but don't forget WC is in Europe and home advantage is worth something (see France 98) i say France&Italy will chalenge the hardest, France has something to prove & Italy gave up on playing watchable football, so they are dangerous again (and they are lucky)

??? What the hell??? Yeah, that's right, that's why we're ahead of France and Italy in the FIFA world rankings. Give me a break! How the hell does Argentina dissapoint?? Besides if France has something to prove, what the hell do you think Argentina has???

snoop33
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM

I was 7 years old when Argentina won the WC in 1978. They also won it in 1986 and lost the final in 1990. That's a pretty frikkin impressive recent record for a tournament held every 4 years. Only Brazil (in my lifetime) can beat that.

As for Italy being "lucky", if teams can't score against them - that doesn't make them lucky.

snoop33
11-15-2005, 04:33 PM
I would like to go to London during the World Cup and watch some games in a pub there. I did that during the last World Cup in Korea and had a blast.

Whereabouts in London did you go tlong?

tlongII
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I watched the games at an Irish pub in London. I can't remember the name of the hotel I stayed at, but there was a place called Belgium Bar very close. The Irish Pub place was close by too.

tlongII
11-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I think it was near Kensington if I remember correctly.

Duncan21
11-15-2005, 04:47 PM
why?

cause they are CRAP! the only good player they have is Ballack, they don't have a chance!

nkdlunch
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
cause they are CRAP! the only good player they have is Ballack, they don't have a chance!

oh I see. I haven't been paying much attention. But I still think Germany will at least get to the Finals. They would have a revolution if they don't. Also look at how far Korea and USA got ontheir home soil. Look at the history of World Cup and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway I still guarantee the trophy will stay in Europe, they'd never allow an American team to take it from them.

MaNuMaNiAc
11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
oh I see. I haven't been paying much attention. But I still think Germany will at least get to the Finals. They would have a revolution if they don't. Also look at how far Korea and USA got ontheir home soil. Look at the history of World Cup and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway I still guarantee the trophy will stay in Europe, they'd never allow an American team to take it from them.
what trophy?