PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pop, Get Ron Artest and Malik RIGHT NOW!!!

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Trade anyone and everyone NOT named TD, Manu, or Bowen...and i'd also like to retain the rights to Scola.

That is all.

(yeah we gotta give up parker to get artest...so be it..., unless Pop wants to trade tony for Billups instead...you got my approval on either of those Pop. Now you KNOW what you have to do...just do it. :tu)

and where the F*#! is that trade scenario website i asked for....:lol

Extra Stout
11-14-2005, 12:58 PM
OK, so he's back on the chronic apparently...

angel_luv
11-14-2005, 01:01 PM
You're crazy Zak!

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 01:47 PM
ain't anybody on this team except TD, Manu, and Bruce that are more valuable than a Ron Artest in a Spurs Jersey would be...

and that's the straight up troof...

Ron just needs love and discipline...he'll get both here.

And he has a mentor named Bruce Bowen.

Fuckin Mouse could play the point with Manu, Bruce, TD and Artest on the floor...although, one would goto the bench...I love you Manu, but back to the bench you go...you can run the offense better and have more energy off the bench anyway...

As for our bigman? Well, I'm tired of rasho. I want malik back. And I like scola's potential. As for Nazr? He's awesome, but i'd be shocked if he settled for less cash and remained a Spur next year...

Oberto? The jury is still out...

but seriously? if we can play hypothetical and disregard shaq for a second,

a lineup of TD, Malik, Artest, Bowen, and whichever point guard we have left, Van Exel or even beno, with Manu off the bench and another Big from somewhere...HOrry for right now, damn, can't forget Horry, KEEP BigShot of course!!! but another big like TMass or Willis that can body up shaq if/when needed...

That is MORE than enough to bring home tht title this year, and set our Spurs up for years to come...especially if Scola is the real deal and can be brought on board next year...

I ain't smokin shit...but i see the truth...do you? :tu

ChumpDumper
11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
I ain't smokin shit...but i see the truth...do you?Yeah, You just pimped Beno as a championship starting point guard.

You'll feel better after the next win, trust me.

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
he'll be the backup to van ex...and manu can play the point as well...not to mention barry if he is retained....

our Spurs need to wake up to the fact that this year will be no cakewalk.

Dallas is for real. Avery and Dampier make all the difference in the world...

and IF/WHEN Riley takes over as coach in Miami...holy shit...

we all remember his heat/knicks teams of hte past...and he didn't have shaq on those teams or a pg the quality of dwayne wade...

The Spurs will be damn lucky to get past dallas and a riley coached heat team this year...

With Malik and Ron Artest on board? Our chances would IMPROVE. :tu

ChumpDumper
11-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Indy is not going to trade Artest.

Had you posted this after a win, I'd be more inclined to take it seriously.

Vashner
11-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Artest is a looser.. not a winner.

We don't need a pathetic looser like Artest.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Classical threads forum

romsey31
11-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Artest is a looser.. not a winner.

We don't need a pathetic looser like Artest.

Dam thats harsh.

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Indy is not going to trade Artest.

Had you posted this after a win, I'd be more inclined to take it seriously.

you may be right, but if Artest is the loser eveyone thinks he is, why wouldn't Bird jump at the chance to unload him...

plus bird as SJax and he can have Finley and Tony Parker and even Nazr or Rasho, Barry, whoever he wants...

although seriously, we need to get Zeek on the phone and get the malik trade done 1st. :tu straight up...he can have Rasho or Nazr. But we keeping Horry...and Artest trade is more important thatn getting even malik back...so Zeek can pick from the big man that bird don't want...

now. the salaries. that's where i'm fucked.

i want that website...the one that you can do trade proposals and it tells you 'approved' or not...:tu thanks in advance! :elephant

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 02:32 PM
If you could splice the two into one player, to take Artest's skills and motor and combine that with Malik's energy, sanity, heart and ability to step it up in the postseason, you'd have the league MVP.

ChumpDumper
11-14-2005, 02:33 PM
he can have Rasho or Nazr.Zeke is trying to get rid of a center now, not take another one on.

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 02:36 PM
If you could splice the two into one player, to take Artest's skills and motor and combine that with Malik's energy, sanity, heart and ability to step it up in the postseason, you'd have the league MVP.

Marcus sees the light...

now get them on the same team, under Pop's guidance, with TD, Manu, and Bruce's leadership...and we ARE talking dynasty...

Bruce and Ron locking down on the other teams best two threats?

TD waiting in the paint?

Malik hustling for boards?

Van Ex waiting for the open 3...

Manu off the bench with Horry...

some other Big waiting to give TD a rest and play some D on shaq, give a couple hard but clean fouls...

Championship, after Championship, after Championship people... :drunk

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Zeke is trying to get rid of a center now, not take another one on.

then we do the same trade as last year in reverse....Nazr's contract is up.

Zeek can do as he pleases and Nazr's value will be sky high in the east...especially coming off a championship and with an expiring contract...

and Bird can have Rasho if he wants...or not...i've got nothing against rasho...except his lack of aggressiveness...which is everything...:lol

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
If I didn't have the feeling that tomorrow I will read a report about Artest biting off a puppy's head, I might agree with you Big Man.

ChumpDumper
11-14-2005, 02:42 PM
then we do the same trade as last year in reverse....Nazr's contract is up.you forgot the "[/crackpipe]" at the end of that.

Extra Stout
Let's splice most of the existing Tim Duncan with Kevin Garnett's athleticism.

Trade the entire team, except Duncan, for KG.

That's right, Tim Duncan & Kevin Garnett, 2 on 5, against the rest of the league.

Awesome.

bigzak25
If I didn't have the feeling that tomorrow I will read a report about Artest biting off a puppy's head, I might agree with you Big Man.

but if you can tame a lion?

what a powerful ally he would be...all he needs is love and guidance...he'll get that here...

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
I take it from lack of further objections, that the 200 plus peeps that have viewed this thread are in AGREEMENT...

cool...i like it when i'm right...

now for the next step, getting Pop to read this and snap to the same fact...when there's a will, there's a way Pop...you and RC work your magic...:tu

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
It's the Rodman argument. That he comes to play every night and on the court he's a total team player so that's worth putting up with his, um, eccentricities...

bigzak25
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
It's the Rodman argument. That he comes to play every night and on the court he's a total team player so that's worth putting up with his, um, eccentricities...

i agree with you. but our Spurs won a shitload of games with Rodman next to DRob.

and when did it fall apart?

when Rodman failed to go out and cover his defensive assignments on the wing...he wanted to rebound and that's it...

but ARTEST? he's all DEFENSE. Add his 3pt shot and his offensive skill set, and YES, HIS HEART...and you have what could be the BEST 2/3 in the NBA...if you can get a player like that while keeping your core intact? (TD,Manu,Bruce,Horry) Then you gotta do it!!!

Mark in Austin
11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
Avery and Dampier make all the difference in the world...

:lol Dampier? Eric I'mawasteoftalentthatonlyplayshardincontractyears Dampier?

uh-huh. sure. whatever you say, dude.

SequSpur
11-14-2005, 06:43 PM
Malik Rose is terrible. It was no fluke, he isn't an allstar in the Eastern Conference :lol

Just as I've said all along. Malik Rose blows.

TonyMontana
11-14-2005, 09:25 PM
:lol Dampier? Eric I'mawasteoftalentthatonlyplayshardincontractyears Dampier?

uh-huh. sure. whatever you say, dude.

what was the score the last time our Spurs played Dallas?

just checking...:tu

TonyMontana
11-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Malik Rose is terrible. It was no fluke, he isn't an allstar in the Eastern Conference :lol

Just as I've said all along. Malik Rose blows.

sequ, i suppose you think Rasho is the 2nd coming?

Rose is what he is...a hustler, all heart, a badass motherfucker that needs to play a little more under control...he can and he will...and his contract is looking nicer and nicer by the day...

and c'mon man...you think everyone blows...think about the team chemistry and the potential man...not individual numbers and shit...watch his hustle and see his heart....that's what wins championships man...

SequSpur
11-14-2005, 09:47 PM
The Spurs won a championship without Malik.

:rolleyes

exstatic
11-14-2005, 10:05 PM

Every blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. "Check" back when Dallas wins a meaningful series, like maybe the Finals.

SuperManu!!!
11-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I vote this thread for being one of the worst this season!

ploto
11-14-2005, 10:15 PM

It surely wasn't because of Dampier!

ploto
11-14-2005, 10:16 PM
sequ, i suppose you think Rasho is the 2nd coming?

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! :lmao

The Artest Factor
11-14-2005, 10:46 PM
Artest is a lot better player than Manu and also 3-4 years younger. In order for the Spurs to get Artest they would have send Manu, Parker, and multiple 1sts.

Brodels
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
What does Artest bring to the table? First and foremost, it's perimeter defense and the ability to shut down and opponent's best swing player. The Spurs, more than any other team west of the Mississippi, already have that covered.

Why would you want to trade your second scorer for a player who's best attribute is already covered by a player you already have? Sure, Artest isn't a bad scorer. But Parker's penetration makes the offense go. Parker's penetration is the primary difference between the current team and the teams of the past with Porter, Kersey, and Smith tossing the ball into the post and watching Tim try to score against triple teams.

Parker generates offensive opportunities for himself and others. Artest isn't quite as good as that. Based on the team's needs, this trade could only be a negative thing.

Not to mention the fact that you're giving up a solid citizen for a known troublemaker.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-14-2005, 11:36 PM
I guess we couldn't make it to Thanksgiving without a post calling for a trade for everyone's favorite overpaid bench scrub (aka Malik Rose).

Hey, he was good in the 90s.

Malik's such a superstar he's scrounging for garbage time minutes on that juggernaut New York Knicks squad.

T Park
11-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Worst thread in the history of Spurstalk.

Easily.

Trade Tony Parker for douchebag Artest?

Get a fucking life.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2005, 12:17 AM
trade rasho+parker for artest+foster

have orbs+td+bowen+gino+barry start or orbs+td+artest+gino+barry

boutons
11-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I bet Artest won't make it through the season without a suspension, without several FFs.

Marcus Bryant
11-15-2005, 12:36 AM
There are very few players in the L I would trade Parker for.

Marcus Bryant
11-15-2005, 12:50 AM
I guess we couldn't make it to Thanksgiving without a post calling for a trade for everyone's favorite overpaid bench scrub (aka Malik Rose).

Hey, he was good in the 90s.

Looks like someone missed the 2003 title run. Hey, it happens, I suppose.

Malik's such a superstar he's scrounging for garbage time minutes on that juggernaut New York Knicks squad.

That claim was never made, douchebag.

The Artest Factor
11-15-2005, 02:07 AM
trade rasho+parker for artest+foster

have orbs+td+bowen+gino+barry start or orbs+td+artest+gino+barry
Trade the best defender in the NBA, who also happens to be a 20/6/3 player with a $7M a yer contact, and a top-5 rebounding and defensive center, also on a great contract, for a 1-dimensional shoot-first point guard and a massively overpaid stiff? Wow.

Trainwreck2100
11-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Big Zak show why you shouldn't drink cascade.

Silent Bob
12-12-2005, 05:29 AM
You're crazy Zak!

when your right, your right. :lol :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Zak, parker owns your chode.

I say we sign Artist and don't play him at all until the 3rd round of the playoffs. It will be like unleashing a beast. Have him start in place of Bowen, and by the time he self-destructs, we'll be on our way to the finals :smokin

CubanMustGo
12-12-2005, 10:22 AM
i agree with you. but our Spurs won a shitload of games with Rodman next to DRob.

Yah, not to mention all the championships they won.

Rodman: head case
Artest: head case

'nuf said.

Samr
12-12-2005, 10:52 AM
And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason you DON'T DO DRUGS

Samr
12-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Isiah Thomas Forum

xapatan2
12-12-2005, 11:18 AM
What does Artest bring to the table? First and foremost, it's perimeter defense and the ability to shut down and opponent's best swing player. The Spurs, more than any other team west of the Mississippi, already have that covered.

Why would you want to trade your second scorer for a player who's best attribute is already covered by a player you already have? Sure, Artest isn't a bad scorer. But Parker's penetration makes the offense go. Parker's penetration is the primary difference between the current team and the teams of the past with Porter, Kersey, and Smith tossing the ball into the post and watching Tim try to score against triple teams.

Parker generates offensive opportunities for himself and others. Artest isn't quite as good as that. Based on the team's needs, this trade could only be a negative thing.

Not to mention the fact that you're giving up a solid citizen for a known troublemaker.

End of the thread.
Thanks.
Sincerely
Xap'

romsey31
12-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Coming from a Pacer fan YOU DONOT WANT Artest. Its crazy watching agame just HOPING he doesnt go bezerk. I really tried to forgive him for frigging Millers last shot at a ring but now I really hate this guy. I hope Bird can just get rid of him as soon as possible.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Why the hell is it that nobody can spell "loser" anymore?

Vashner
12-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Artest is not the Wurm....
Artest does not have half of the Wurm's brain.. baked brain I mean but still. Rodman is cool.. artest is not "cool".

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
This guys head is not screwed on anywhere close to straight. I wouldn't trade a point guard having a career year who still has room to grow and is playing at a bargain rate considering his level of play right now, for a guy who a ticking time bomb. Besides, he's talking about how he wants to become one of the premier wings in the league, which means that whatever team he lands on he's going to want the rock. I don't think he'd really be in a position to get it here in SA. There's no shortage of teams out there that could use this guy but the Spurs ain't one of 'em.

bdubya
12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Coming from a Pacer fan YOU DONOT WANT Artest.

Coming from a Pistons fan, PLEASE TRADE FOR ARTEST. Much as I'd like a Spurs/Pistons rematch, I think Dallas would be easier in a 7-game series, and having Mister Exploding Head in a Spurs' uniform would grease the skids for the Mavs.

pache100
12-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Mister Exploding Head

:lol

Here you go:

http://tinypic.com/igxetv.gif

Gummi
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Worst idea ever. You're willing to give up Parker for a headcase that has said that he's going to New York after his contract is over which is after 2 season. He said that no matter what he's going to NY and also he has said that he might retire after a couple of seasons.

That's a very nice plan you got there. Trade Parker which might be a top 5 PG in this league and only 23 years old for a player that might retire tomorrow. I just thank God you're not our GM.

LittleGeneral
12-12-2005, 04:32 PM
This might be a good idea.

But the Spurs != Wolves.

bdubya
12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
:lol

Here you go:

http://tinypic.com/igxetv.gif

Beautiful. Made my day.

FromWayDowntown
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
The idea that non-responses are the equivalent of approval is really odd. If you read something that is so preposterous that there is no reasonable way to respond, the fact that you don't respond doesn't mean you agree.

As for the idea itself, Parker is the 2nd most talented player on this roster. Given his age and ability, you don't trade him unless you're getting a sure thing in return (or as close to sure as you can get). Artest is, by no means, a sure thing, unless you're talking about "sure to go haywire," or "sure to undermine chemistry," or "sure to be a decision the Spurs will regret."

And there's this practical matter: Pop has already turned down deals that would have brought Artest to San Antonio. There was some legendary possibility a few years ago of trading Steve Smith to Chicago for Ron Mercer and Ron Artest. Back then few could understand why Pop wouldn't make the deal. But 2 months of Ron Mercer in the 2003-04 season showed why there wasn't much interest in him, and the series of Artest's antics culminating in the Detroit fiasco may explain the reluctance to acquire him as well. In any event, if there wasn't interest back then to get Artest by dealing an aging vet, why would there be interest in dealing a 2-time champion PG who is in the midst of his best season and is only 23 years old?

For all of those reasons, I agree that this is the worst idea ever.

ShoogarBear
12-12-2005, 04:59 PM
But on the positive side, The Artest Factor would become a Spurs fan . . .

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
But on the positive side, The Artest Factor would become a Spurs fan . . .

I wonder how that would affect his "unbiased" opinion of a possible Spurs/Pacers finals.

Rescueone
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Beno, Barry and the rights to Scola for Artest if the salaries work!

mikejones99
12-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Spurs should make no moves. Artest is good player. Just cuz he went after those criminals in Detrouit does not make him a bad guy. If any of you had to live in Detroit for more than a week you all would be shooting guns and trying to beat the shit out them fools too. Rasho is untradeable you morons. He earns his money vs Shaq, Ben and Minnesota.

ALVAREZ6
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Ron who???

NyKco
12-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Finley , Barry and Marks for Ron Artest is NICE! :smokin

Parker - Ginobili - Bowen - TD - Narz

NVE , Ron , Rasho , Horry

Extra Stout
12-12-2005, 05:40 PM
The idea that non-responses are the equivalent of approval is really odd. If you read something that is so preposterous that there is no reasonable way to respond, the fact that you don't respond doesn't mean you agree.
No offense, FWD, but giving a well-thought-out, reasoned response to one of zac's brain farts is like trying to teach a cat how to do a Laplace transform.

SequSpur
12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Who coined the phrase, Malik would be an allstar on any team not named Spurs?????????

LittleGeneral
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Who coined the phrase, Malik would be an allstar on any team not named Spurs?????????

I don't know.