PDA

View Full Version : GTA 6?

DMC
05-30-2021, 10:32 PM
https://www.techradar.com/news/gta-6-release-date-news-and-rumors-mapping-the-path-to-grand-theft-auto-6#:~:text=However%2C%20the%20timing%20of%20the,Apr il%202023%20and%20March%202024.

2 years? Can't wait tbh

Reck
05-30-2021, 10:47 PM
I may pass on it given the emphasis Rockstar is putting on the multiplayer aspect of it. They might not even bother with a story for 6 and just skip right over to GTA 6 Online.

baseline bum
05-30-2021, 10:56 PM
I miss when we got 3 GTA per console gen. Instead we now get 3 console gens per GTA.

lefty
05-30-2021, 10:58 PM
Vice City or bust

DMC
05-31-2021, 12:46 AM
I may pass on it given the emphasis Rockstar is putting on the multiplayer aspect of it. They might not even bother with a story for 6 and just skip right over to GTA 6 Online.

But you can do private shit on MP. That gives you the run of the map.

DMC
05-31-2021, 12:46 AM
I miss when we got 3 GTA per console gen. Instead we now get 3 console gens per GTA.

You can look at 5 and see that it's not a small undertaking though. They hit that shit out of the park.

spurraider21
06-01-2021, 03:05 PM
imo the campaign is the big sell but the online element just gives it lasting power. based on the resounding success that GTA and RDR have been, i doubt they scrap the concept of a massive campaign

baseline bum
06-01-2021, 03:28 PM
You can look at 5 and see that it's not a small undertaking though. They hit that shit out of the park.

I enjoyed GTA V a lot but the PS2 gen was the heyday of this franchise when they went back to back to back with the three greatest open world games ever made up to that point in a span of four years. Would have been awesome to see them do a second single player game on GTA V's engine, or at least a couple of longish single player DLC like they did on IV's engine.

baseline bum
06-01-2021, 03:30 PM
imo the campaign is the big sell but the online element just gives it lasting power. based on the resounding success that GTA and RDR have been, i doubt they scrap the concept of a massive campaign

I don't think the campaign is the big sell at all. Or they would keep making new single player games or at least new DLC regularly like they did in the PS2 and PS3 gens.

ElNono
06-01-2021, 03:53 PM
Don't play online, so the campaign is all there's to it for me... While I understand Rockstar is trying to make money like everyone else, their switch to feed the online beast has been somewhat disappointing, personally.

At least I hope they stick with the Miami/LA/coastal city look and feel. GTA IV was the one that broke that mold and I thought it was the weakest one.

baseline bum
06-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Don't play online, so the campaign is all there's to it for me... While I understand Rockstar is trying to make money like everyone else, their switch to feed the online beast has been somewhat disappointing, personally.

At least I hope they stick with the Miami/LA/coastal city look and feel. GTA IV was the one that broke that mold and I thought it was the weakest one.

GTA III did NYC and was awesome though. What killed GTA IV for me was the terrible driving physics (GTA works so much better with arcade racer driving) and Niko Bellic constantly whining about wanting to become a good person after murdering 60 people in the previous mission. All the characters felt pretty poorly written in GTA IV. Missions felt super repetitive too. The GTA IV engine was amazing but felt like the rest of Rockstar just phoned that one in.

DMC
06-01-2021, 04:37 PM
I enjoyed GTA V a lot but the PS2 gen was the heyday of this franchise when they went back to back to back with the three greatest open world games ever made up to that point in a span of four years. Would have been awesome to see them do a second single player game on GTA V's engine, or at least a couple of longish single player DLC like they did on IV's engine.

I tried DLing GTA IV yesterday but Steam doesn't offer it because Microsoft stopped supporting "Live" or whatever it was. I did play San Andreas, hard as hell to like again.

DMC
06-01-2021, 04:39 PM

Did you ever use Menyoo mods? Pretty cool shit in SP of course.

ElNono
06-01-2021, 05:29 PM
Did you ever use Menyoo mods? Pretty cool shit in SP of course.

I play on consoles, so that would be a no.

Xevious
06-01-2021, 08:14 PM
I mean the Red Dead games are some of my favorite ever, and I've been playing GTA since the top-down games. The single player campaigns are still wildly popular, so I would hope that they at least continue to make a quality single-player product. The problem is that Take 2/Rockstar is basically just printing cash via micro-transactions on their online content. They have very little incentive to produce single-player DLCs. If they ever reach the point of ditching single-player altogether, I'm out.

DMC
06-03-2021, 11:06 AM

There's that too I guess, if you don't want to fly around like superman.

Reck
06-03-2021, 11:34 AM

Any idea why game devs removed cheats in games starting with the PS3 gen?

I used to play hours on end with them enabled on games like GTA3, State of Emergency, etc. Tbh, imo the fact they’re no longer there to fuck around with has removed potential hours of play. These days I beat a game and move on quickly unless it’s a game I MUST plat because it’s that good.

baseline bum
06-03-2021, 05:39 PM

I used to play hours on end with them enabled on games like GTA3, State of Emergency, etc. Tbh, imo the fact they’re no longer there to fuck around with has removed potential hours of play. These days I beat a game and move on quickly unless it’s a game I MUST plat because it’s that good.

Probably stopped once achievements / trophies became a thing. Plus now they're replaced by microtranscations.

ElNono
06-03-2021, 05:49 PM

dunno. like bum said, probably trophies. wonder about liability as well, if the game 'broke' or something.

Reck
06-03-2021, 06:12 PM
dunno. like bum said, probably trophies. wonder about liability as well, if the game 'broke' or something.

Trophies makes more sense, yeah. Worrying about getting their games broken hasn't stopped people from finding exploits to this date. Speed runners do it all the time. I love watching them wreck a game in mere hours.

ElNono
06-03-2021, 10:50 PM
Trophies makes more sense, yeah. Worrying about getting their games broken hasn't stopped people from finding exploits to this date. Speed runners do it all the time. I love watching them wreck a game in mere hours.

Well, true. It's just that now you have the whole buying from PSN store thing, so it also becomes a Sony problem.

koriwhat
08-08-2021, 06:48 PM
I don't play games much however my buddy out in LA got me on gta online not too long ago and I play it here and there with him and his buddy out there in LA. I rarely play but when I do we do this thing we like to call "fight club" and it's a blast; I don't really have fun trying missions or being serious on gta at all.

Our fight club consists of a coffee shop whose roof we use as a ring and right next door is another roof we use for spectating. We ran a tournament once with 10+ people and the rules are first person view only, 2 in the ring at a time, if one of you gets knocked down(and don't die instantly) the other has to back away and both get back in their corners for the 3 count to fight again. It's easier to show you how while playing the game itself than explaining it. Either way it's fun but I am just not much of a gamer so it's rare I even get on gta.

I hope they incorporate something like that in gta6 because gta5 on the PC has so many mods and even fight club mods I wish we could use on the PS4.

DJR210
08-09-2021, 04:57 PM
I don't play games much however my buddy out in LA got me on gta online not too long ago and I play it here and there with him and his buddy out there in LA. I rarely play but when I do we do this thing we like to call "fight club" and it's a blast; I don't really have fun trying missions or being serious on gta at all.

Our fight club consists of a coffee shop whose roof we use as a ring and right next door is another roof we use for spectating. We ran a tournament once with 10+ people and the rules are first person view only, 2 in the ring at a time, if one of you gets knocked down(and don't die instantly) the other has to back away and both get back in their corners for the 3 count to fight again. It's easier to show you how while playing the game itself than explaining it. Either way it's fun but I am just not much of a gamer so it's rare I even get on gta.

I hope they incorporate something like that in gta6 because gta5 on the PC has so many mods and even fight club mods I wish we could use on the PS4.

How often does somebody pull out a gun and kill everyone lol? I'd have a hard time not ruining that

koriwhat
08-10-2021, 06:50 PM
How often does somebody pull out a gun and kill everyone lol? I'd have a hard time not ruining that

Not that often at all... It's usually some dickhead on an oppressor, not a part of fight club, who ruins it for everyone.

koriwhat
08-10-2021, 06:50 PM

Not that often at all... It's usually some dickhead on an oppressor, not a part of fight club, who ruins it for everyone.

DMC
08-10-2021, 07:17 PM
World is full of dickheads. This is why I loathe multiplayer.

DJR210
08-11-2021, 02:18 AM
World is full of dickheads. This is why I loathe multiplayer.

There's like 2-3 cheaters in almost every server on PC too, best bet is to ignore them because if you complain in the chat they'll target you

DMC
08-11-2021, 02:45 PM
There's like 2-3 cheaters in almost every server on PC too, best bet is to ignore them because if you complain in the chat they'll target you

I just avoid multiplayer.

baseline bum
08-11-2021, 04:01 PM

I haven't liked multiplayer gaming since Unreal Tournament 2004 lol

DJR210
08-11-2021, 06:53 PM

Multi is where it's at for me, I just avoid these super popular ones everybody cheats on

DJR210
08-11-2021, 06:54 PM

Was that on your blazing fast 56k Dreamcast modem?

baseline bum
08-11-2021, 07:06 PM
Was that on your blazing fast 56k Dreamcast modem?

Did Unreal Tournament 2004 even get ported to console? How's the gpu hunt going?

DMC
08-12-2021, 01:35 PM

Headshot...

DMC
08-12-2021, 01:36 PM
Multi is where it's at for me, I just avoid these super popular ones everybody cheats on

I've been into Warzone about 2 times in total. Never got a kill. Both times I joined I was sniped from 500m or so by a hacker. I putz around with ranking weapons and such on Shipment but that's about it. Not too many hackers in those games. But it's not just the hackers. It's the tryhards and sweats that lobby farm and reverse boost to fish for subs on Twitch or YT. Activision seems to intentionally build in OP weps and silly tactics that makes the game feel more like Fortnite than CoD. I miss the old CoD days.

Reck
08-12-2021, 08:34 PM
GTA3/Vice City and San Andreas might be getting a remaster release sometime this year. Neat rumor!

DJR210
08-13-2021, 12:00 AM
Did Unreal Tournament 2004 even get ported to console? How's the gpu hunt going?

IDEK which UT it was, but I bought it on Dreamcast, first game I ever played online on a console. Was terrible because it was cross platform too

DJR210
08-13-2021, 12:02 AM
I've been into Warzone about 2 times in total. Never got a kill. Both times I joined I was sniped from 500m or so by a hacker. I putz around with ranking weapons and such on Shipment but that's about it. Not too many hackers in those games. But it's not just the hackers. It's the tryhards and sweats that lobby farm and reverse boost to fish for subs on Twitch or YT. Activision seems to intentionally build in OP weps and silly tactics that makes the game feel more like Fortnite than CoD. I miss the old CoD days.

The worst hackers I've seen so far has by far been GTA V, I've run into assholes that have been able to freeze up my PC and force me to manually shut the power off to resolve the issue

Xevious
08-13-2021, 09:07 AM
Same here. I played the shit out of Unreal Tournament, Quake 2, that era of online games. I know I played the original Call of Duty but don't remember what year that was. The only time I'll play multiplayer now is something cooperative with my kids.

DMC
08-13-2021, 06:42 PM
Same here. I played the shit out of Unreal Tournament, Quake 2, that era of online games. I know I played the original Call of Duty but don't remember what year that was. The only time I'll play multiplayer now is something cooperative with my kids.

And those few times you've succumbed to the urge and forget to mute everyone. Jesus how can anyone tolerate it?

koriwhat
09-18-2021, 03:50 PM
Like I've said before, I don't play games much at all and if I had to put a timer on it per month it would probably add up to 2-3 hrs tops if that.

With that said, my new favorite thing in GTA is a cargo helicopter and swooping in to pick up other users in their cars while battling and dropping their sorry ass off in the ocean. Fun times! Even more fun when it's two cargo helicopters and we take out a whole squad of rejects just to dump them all into the great blue sea. It's hilarious once the people figure out what's going on and they all squirm around in their cars to get away.

It's not easy peasy to hook onto their cars but when you do it makes for some great entertainment.

baseline bum
09-18-2021, 05:42 PM
IDEK which UT it was, but I bought it on Dreamcast, first game I ever played online on a console. Was terrible because it was cross platform too

Never played much Dreamcast. Is there much besides fighting games still worth playing on it? Other than Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, and the Shenmue games.

Reck
09-18-2021, 05:47 PM
Never played much Dreamcast. Is there much besides fighting games still worth playing on it? Other than Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, and the Shenmue games.

Air force Delta was a good game too. It's a kind of flight simulator game that's all about learning how to land, take off, refueling etc etc.

I used to suck at it but enjoyed it. Power Stone is another game that is a must play.

baseline bum
09-18-2021, 05:56 PM
Air force Delta was a good game too. It's a kind of flight simulator game that's all about learning how to land, take off, refueling etc etc.

I used to suck at it but enjoyed it. Power Stone is another game that is a must play.

:tu Nice, looks pretty good in this review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP9DYfB8skk

DJR210
09-18-2021, 08:03 PM

Sonic Adventure is ok.. the camera doesn't hold up with a game that fast IMO. Shenmue for sure.. Resident CV was one of my favs but it since came out on other platforms.. Virtua Fighter, DOA, Power Stone, NFL 2K (still plays pretty damn good too) Sega GT, Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Tony Hawk 2 are some of my top picks

Xevious
10-23-2021, 09:06 AM
FL5yD9s0bQw

They do look better, and I'm sure there will be some gameplay enhancements, but I personally can't imagine going back and playing these again.

Reck
10-23-2021, 10:36 AM
FL5yD9s0bQw

They do look better, and I'm sure there will be some gameplay enhancements, but I personally can't imagine going back and playing these again.

Im buying.

Hopefully this this is a sign that 6 is at least in the works. Developers often do a remaster release of games before announcing the big one.

Reck
10-23-2021, 02:20 PM
Wait..60 dollars? I changed my mind. I’ll buy it as a deep sale for 20.

Bynumite
10-24-2021, 02:57 AM
If you buy this, you're part of the problem and the reason these companies keep pumping out these shameless cash grab re-releases, instead of new content. This is coming from a huge fan of the gta trilogy.

Everything they listed as improvements to the original games, has already been done by modders. Which is why Rockstar has fought so hard against the modding community over the years. So they can keep releasing the same games on new platforms.

baseline bum
10-24-2021, 12:08 PM

$60? JFC I would expect that shit from Nintendo. This should be like a $25 collection. What a joke.

baseline bum
10-24-2021, 12:29 PM

I'll still pick it up a couple of days before launch for $0 though. Hacked Switch is awesome.

DMC
10-24-2021, 07:19 PM
I wont ever buy a 2nd version of the same shit. I love GTA V but I already own it, and it's damn near impossible to replay old shit (imo). I've tried it with a lot of games, not that great.

baseline bum
10-28-2021, 07:40 AM
Exclusive: Dr. Dre Working on ‘Great F–ing Music’ for ‘Grand Theft Auto,’ Snoop Dogg Says

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dr-dre-new-album-detox-2021-grand-theft-1248754/

Dr. Dre, who hasn’t released solo music since 2015’s Compton — and still has yet to put out his fabled, years-in-the-making album Detox — is working on new songs for the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise, according to his longtime friend and collaborator Snoop Dogg. Snoop is also on board for some of the new music, the rap legend says in an interview for the upcoming episode of Rolling Stone Music Now podcast.

“I do know he’s in the studio,” Snoop says in the episode, which will air October 29th on SiriusXM’s Volume channel (106) and will be available as a podcast on November 3rd. “I do know he’s making great fucking music. And some of his music is connected to the GTA game that’s coming out. So I think that that will be the way that his music will be released, through the GTA video game.” A representative for Rockstar Games, the company behind Grand Theft Auto, declined comment, and the company has not announced a new entry in the series; reps for Dr. Dre didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Dre and Snoop will perform with Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige in the Super Bowl LVI halftime show on February 13th of next year — and Snoop says the performance will center around Dr. Dre. “I just think it’s gonna be family,” Snoop says. “Look at everybody who’s up there. And then look at what they mean to Dr. Dre. It’s a Dr. Dre presentation. So we’re basically getting his back, coming through like his soldiers are supposed to line up, when the general say, ‘Line up.'”

Several hip-hop veterans have discussed visiting Dre’s studio this year to hear new music; Flavor Flav told the Wilde Ride! With Steve-O podcast that he recorded a new song with Dre, while producer Diamond D wrote on Instagram that Dre played him and Xzibit “about two hours of straight unreleased heat rocks.”

In February, longtime Aftermath producer DJ Silk reportedly previewed a new Dre track on Instagram Live, with lyrics that referred to the brain aneurysm he suffered in January and his contentious divorce: “In ICU, death bed, on some money shit/Greedy bitch, take a pick, girl you know how money get … You know we don’t tolerate that nonsense, by any means get your hand up out my pocket.”

Reck
10-28-2021, 02:09 PM
Exclusive: Dr. Dre Working on ‘Great F–ing Music’ for ‘Grand Theft Auto,’ Snoop Dogg Says

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/dr-dre-new-album-detox-2021-grand-theft-1248754/

Dr. Dre, who hasn’t released solo music since 2015’s Compton — and still has yet to put out his fabled, years-in-the-making album Detox — is working on new songs for the Grand Theft Auto video game franchise, according to his longtime friend and collaborator Snoop Dogg. Snoop is also on board for some of the new music, the rap legend says in an interview for the upcoming episode of Rolling Stone Music Now podcast.

“I do know he’s in the studio,” Snoop says in the episode, which will air October 29th on SiriusXM’s Volume channel (106) and will be available as a podcast on November 3rd. “I do know he’s making great fucking music. And some of his music is connected to the GTA game that’s coming out. So I think that that will be the way that his music will be released, through the GTA video game.” A representative for Rockstar Games, the company behind Grand Theft Auto, declined comment, and the company has not announced a new entry in the series; reps for Dr. Dre didn’t respond to requests for comment.

Dre and Snoop will perform with Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Mary J. Blige in the Super Bowl LVI halftime show on February 13th of next year — and Snoop says the performance will center around Dr. Dre. “I just think it’s gonna be family,” Snoop says. “Look at everybody who’s up there. And then look at what they mean to Dr. Dre. It’s a Dr. Dre presentation. So we’re basically getting his back, coming through like his soldiers are supposed to line up, when the general say, ‘Line up.'”

Several hip-hop veterans have discussed visiting Dre’s studio this year to hear new music; Flavor Flav told the Wilde Ride! With Steve-O podcast that he recorded a new song with Dre, while producer Diamond D wrote on Instagram that Dre played him and Xzibit “about two hours of straight unreleased heat rocks.”

In February, longtime Aftermath producer DJ Silk reportedly previewed a new Dre track on Instagram Live, with lyrics that referred to the brain aneurysm he suffered in January and his contentious divorce: “In ICU, death bed, on some money shit/Greedy bitch, take a pick, girl you know how money get … You know we don’t tolerate that nonsense, by any means get your hand up out my pocket.”

I would imagine it's for the remaster. Greedy Rockstar would rather pay for a couple of songs from the same rapper than bring back the killer soundtracks for all 3 games and pay rights fee for the entire catalog.

slick'81
10-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Lmfao-not this time Rock*

Reck
11-10-2021, 06:57 PM

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/here-are-all-the-songs-missing-from-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-3092176

No mention of Dre in there but holy shit, this is a massive blow. the two best games will be missing the entire song catalog basically.

baseline bum
11-10-2021, 07:05 PM
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/here-are-all-the-songs-missing-from-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-3092176

No mention of Dre in there but holy shit, this is a massive blow. the two best games will be missing the entire song catalog basically.

Don't know why anyone would buy those. You can play the original PC releases of Vice City and San Andreas on any cheap-ass PC and get the full soundtracks. Besides, San Andreas ain't San Andreas without the Hot Coffee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBeoWBXmgw8

Also lol this wasn't a mod, it was actually put into the game by Rockstar. All you have to do is flip one flag from off to on in the configuration on the original PC release.

baseline bum
11-12-2021, 07:32 PM
:lmao

baseline bum
11-12-2021, 07:34 PM

Reck
11-12-2021, 09:17 PM

Been watching some let's play and I have to say it's shit. It's rivaling Cybepunk in terms of unplayability.

The suckers who paid 65 bucks for 20 year old games with the bare mininum effort. I hope this is a wake up call for people who worship Rockstar. The need a kick in the balls.

Reck
11-12-2021, 09:35 PM

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-12-rockstar-pulls-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-from-sale-on-pc

Excellent start. Haha

baseline bum
11-13-2021, 12:09 PM
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-12-rockstar-pulls-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-from-sale-on-pc

Excellent start. Haha

No wonder this game is so shit. Rockstar didn't do the port, a shitty mobile dev named Grove Street Games did it.

baseline bum
11-16-2021, 07:13 AM

Excellent start. Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBHVVhwVC8

DMC
11-16-2021, 08:23 PM
No wonder this game is so shit. Rockstar didn't do the port, a shitty mobile dev named Grove Street Games did it.

:lol named after the hood in the actual game

baseline bum
11-16-2021, 08:26 PM
:lol named after the hood in the actual game

Home... at least it was before I fucked everything up.

baseline bum
11-21-2021, 04:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayP4oPk1Rg

DMC
11-21-2021, 06:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayP4oPk1Rg

That's like lunch every day :lol