PDA

View Full Version : Big commit for UT football......

Ballcox
11-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, Jevan Snead out of Stephenville was a solid lock for Florida, but looks like things have changed recently. Evidently, Florida told him he was their primary QB recruit, and then they went after some in-state QB pretty hard and Snead didn't feel too appreciated. Anyway, Florida's loss is our gain as reported today that Snead is now a firm commit to UT. He's ranked as the #4 dual threat QB in the country, and will join Sherrod Harris out of Arlington (#7 ranked dual threat QB) to form a very impressive haul at the QB position, a position that we've lost out on a bunch lately. So, I feel much better about the QB situation, and now just hope that VY does actually come back for his senior year so that these two young guys have a chance to work on the offense before they play at DKR. Bad news for the rest of the Big XII! :drunk

Mr. Peabody
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Well, Jevan Snead out of Stephenville was a solid lock for Florida, but looks like things have changed recently. Evidently, Florida told him he was their primary QB recruit, and then they went after some in-state QB pretty hard and Snead didn't feel too appreciated. Anyway, Florida's loss is our gain as reported today that Snead is now a firm commit to UT. He's ranked as the #4 dual threat QB in the country, and will join Sherrod Harris out of Arlington (#7 ranked dual threat QB) to form a very impressive haul at the QB position, a position that we've lost out on a bunch lately. So, I feel much better about the QB situation, and now just hope that VY does actually come back for his senior year so that these two young guys have a chance to work on the offense before they play at DKR. Bad news for the rest of the Big XII! :drunk

Damn, can you imagine the recruits UT will get after they win the national chamionship.
________
Magic Flight (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

samikeyp
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
Assuming this kid doesn't pull a Perriloux. Was that kid Colt McCoy a high prospect as well?

Willinsa
11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Urban Meyer was looking at a few more QB's and he did not like that at all.

Mr. Peabody
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Assuming this kid doesn't pull a Perriloux. Was that kid Colt McCoy a high prospect as well?

Perriloux was a punk. Hopefully, this kid has a little more integrity.
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Ballcox
11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Agree about Perilloux, during his recruitment both he and his dad were talking about how Perilloux should come in and start immediately as a freshman. Yeah right, ever heard of a QB named Vince Young? I'm glad he ended up at LSU, I don't think he would have been a real team guy, more of an individual. I was, however, concerned about our lack of depth in recruiting the QB position, this Snead kid is a legitimate top 100 guy nationally and with his combination of running and passing skills could be the heir to the QB position at UT. Also, Colt got really good reviews from the coaches and observers at practices. Evidently the kid has great arm strength and ran an offense similar to UT's while playing at Jim Ned HS. I would still like to bring in one more top notch QB prospect, but we're looking much better in that department. Most likely, UT's current class for next year will be ranked #1 in the country. :hat

IceColdBrewski
11-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Why was Perriloux a punk? Just because the kid changed his mind about where he wants to go to school? Too funny. Yeah, it's only a decision that was going to affect the rest of his life. Nothing worth putting any thought into. :rolleyes

Man, the world is full of yahoos.

Horry For 3!
11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I already talked about that in another thread, that Snead will be comin to Texas.

Ballcox
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
^ Sorry, didn't see that. Just wanted to post the info that evidently he made it official today where as before he was just starting to consider Texas after Florida started looking at other QB recruits. And to the above poster, yeah, Perriloux is a punk. How can you look at what a QB like VY had accomplished to that point in his college career and then say you should be starting if you decide to come to Texas. Give me a break, you wait your turn and prove you're ready to play when VY leaves, you don't just come in and replace a dominant starting QB based on your play in HIGH SCHOOL.

batman2883
11-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Can you say repeating champions??? Cause i sure as hell can UT baby all the way get hooked motherfuckers

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Sergio Kindle is the cream of that crop
big play MLB who was dominant running the ball in high school
this guy is as tall as DJ but has the frame to be massive

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:18 PM
is he black

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:20 PM
fuck yeah

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
is he tall and extremely difficult for people under 6 foot 2 to tackle?

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Urban Meyer was looking at a few more QB's and he did not like that at all.

this information belongs in the offiical urban meyers thread

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
he's 6-4 but he's commited at linebacker

Texas is gonna be BADD next year

if Vince returns
the 2006 Texas backfield with Young, Charles, Taylor, with S. Young and Melton off the bench could challege for GREATEST BACKFIELD in MODERN COLLEGE FOOTBALL ERA

mark it down

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:39 PM
linebacker wtf?
no dude i was asking is the quarterback we're talking about in the thread black and tall and untacklable

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:40 PM
shorter than simms and vince

Cant_Be_Faded
11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
send him back

he'll be a bust

anyone who urban meyer is interested in cant be that good

he's just a young, up and comer coach, with wild ideas

mookie2001
11-14-2005, 07:42 PM
we still have colt mccoy

he can be a good dont fuck up QB

Horry For 3!
11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36016&Sport=1

There is a profile of Jevan Snead

to CBF, hes 6'3 205 lbs and hes white

cecil collins
11-16-2005, 01:05 PM

Sort of, played at a smaller school, but rivals.com ranked him as the 15th best pro-style QB. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=22880 I assume if Vince comes back next year, he will be a backup for his career. Unless he works his ass off and takes the job from Harris and Snead.

Ballcox
11-16-2005, 02:08 PM
There's also a chance S. Harris might not even plat QB at the college level. He's had a pretty bad senior season at the QB position, some recruiting services beginning to list him as an 'athlete'. So, he could be one of those guys who moves to another position at UT and does well. Just take a look at how Billy Pittman has done.

Mr Dio
11-16-2005, 09:06 PM
send him back

he'll be a bust

anyone who urban meyer is interested in cant be that good

he's just a young, up and comer coach, with wild ideas

He actually is a better passer than VY right now EXCEPT he stares down the WR & doesn't look off or go thru a progression of reads. He has a good arm & awesome touch. He will not be better tahn VY on his feet but he can scramble & get 5-15yds no prob.

cecil collins
11-17-2005, 11:54 AM
He actually is a better passer than VY right now EXCEPT he stares down the WR & doesn't look off or go thru a progression of reads. He has a good arm & awesome touch. He will not be better tahn VY on his feet but he can scramble & get 5-15yds no prob.
Like Rhett Bomar?

Mr Dio
11-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Actually, I'm not sure if Bomar stares down the WRs. His wheels skillz are sorta like Rhetts'.

mookie2001
11-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Texas just needs a Mark Farrislike QB
and Melton isnt wide enough
they need a Javorski Lane

Mr Dio
11-17-2005, 11:24 PM
Friend told me that it looks like a UT commit is going to the west coast. This guy has some moves too!
Does the fact that UT has Charles & Ramonce scare away RBs for this yr & next?

Brutalis
11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
As long as the top QB is still coming to Northwest Arkansas, everythings gravy.