PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Trade

FromWayDowntown
11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Say you could get Edgerrin James and Steve Smith if you traded Larry Johnson, Roy Williams, and Jeremy Shockey. Do you do it?

Guru of Nothing
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I'd say yes, but my I'd like to know what you would be left with at TE.

FromWayDowntown
11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
I'd say yes, but my I'd like to know what you would be left with at TE.

The deal is more complex than what I posted. I get LJ Smith back to offset the Shockey loss. And I get Delhomme for Favre in an effort to balance it out.

sa_butta
11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Smith had a concussion last week but should be good to go this week. If you make the trade he should be even better by next week. And with the loss of TO they may go to him more often. The trade sounds fair to me and may even benefit you more.

King
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Edge>LJ
Smith>Williams
LJ<Shockey
Delhomme>Favre (especially because you double up on points with Smith)

2centsworth
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Say you could get Edgerrin James and Steve Smith if you traded Larry Johnson, Roy Williams, and Jeremy Shockey. Do you do it?
in a heart beat.

2centsworth
11-14-2005, 11:31 PM
The deal is more complex than what I posted. I get LJ Smith back to offset the Shockey loss. And I get Delhomme for Favre in an effort to balance it out.Delhomme will have it tough this weekend but the rest of his schedule is real soft.

FromWayDowntown
11-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Delhomme will have it tough this weekend but the rest of his schedule is real soft.

Appreciate the feedback from all. I pulled the trigger on the deal.

I get Delhomme as a backup. I drafted Favre and Carson Palmer, so I'm dealing my backup QB and getting back another backup in Delhomme.

My biggest concern is that if the Colts keep up their winning ways, they'll have home field advantage wrapped up by Week 16, which is the final week of my league's playoffs. Assuming my team can make it there (a big if), I may have to try to win without Edge, which would be a problem. Anyway, post-trade, my team now looks like this:

QB -C. Palmer
QB -J. Delhomme
RB - E. James
RB - S. Jackson
RB - C. Taylor
WR- S. Smith
WR- D. Driver
WR- K. Curtis
WR- J. Jurevicius
WR- D. Jackson (injured)
TE- L.J. Smith
TE- D. Clark
K- S. Graham
DEF- Cincinnati

We'll see how it goes from here.

T Park
11-15-2005, 12:15 AM
pretty damn good team their FWD.

I see you were smart like me in drafting Palmer! :)

I had jurevicious and I cut him like a dumbshit.

I also traded Kevin Curtis for Antwain Smith of the Saints.

Another stupid trade.

But drafting Droughns, Houshmandzadah, Palmer, and cutting David Akers and replacing him with Neil Rackers was also a good move! :)