PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Think Having Home Field Advantage In The Finals Is Important To The Spurs?

Shiner Bock Girl
11-14-2005, 04:22 PM
I know this is thinking wayyy too far ahead, but i guess my concern is how they played Detroit in the finals there and if Detroit continues playing like they are, theres a good chance they'll have home field advantage. Does anyone worry about this or think the spurs will catch up with detroit???

FromWayDowntown
11-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I know this is thinking wayyy too far ahead, but i guess my concern is how they played Detroit in the finals there and if Detroit continues playing like they are, theres a good chance they'll have home field advantage. Does anyone worry about this or think the spurs will catch up with detroit???

I think a 2 game deficit in November is insurmountable.

Shiner Bock Girl
11-14-2005, 04:25 PM
I think a 2 game deficit in November is insurmountable.

Detroit just seems like they are on fire right now, not just winning games, but blowing most of them out...I hope they tire out soon...LOL...

ShoogarBear
11-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Why yes, I proved this very point . . . er . . . um . . . last year?

:smokin

Solid D
11-14-2005, 04:40 PM
It's important, but it's the 14th of November for crying out loud. Who's to say it won't be the Clippers and Pacers in the Finals?

What good does 5-0 in November do you if Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton go down with knee surgeries?

I'm throwing this minnow back into the lake.

Brutalis
11-14-2005, 04:58 PM
oh

my

GOD

-pullshair-

ZStomp
11-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Home field?

or

Home court?

ZStomp
11-14-2005, 05:08 PM
oh

my

GOD

-pullshair-

DITTO.

OH MY GOD!!

How can this even be questioned right now? We don't know how either team (or any of the 28 teams) will be playing in April/May/June.....

MiNuS
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
2-3-2

Spurs win 1 away and close it out at home in game 5.

Marcus Bryant
11-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Oh yeah, the Spurs don't need homecourt just like the Spurs don't need depth.

Solid D
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
:lol

Shiner Bock Girl
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM
Home field?

or

Home court?

Well excuse the fuck out of me...LOL...

ZStomp
11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
:)

Extra Stout
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah, the Spurs don't need homecourt just like the Spurs don't need depth.
Don't you think HoltCAT wants the revenue from that extra home game?

Holt's Cat
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.ottophoto.com/gallery/Cat.jpg

Looks like I'm eating that Wal-Mart shit for the rest of this year. Come on, vBookie...

Marklar MM
11-14-2005, 06:07 PM
As a Pistons fan, home court is a necessity. It is much easier that way. You Spurs fans should know that. :(

boutons
11-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Shiner mein schatz,

People's havin some fun with ya.

I'm convinced HCA gave the Spurs the 05 Title, ie, Game7 in Auburn Hills would have had a different result.

I bet you $100 that every Piston + fan is also convinced of same, which may be partially the motivation behind the Pistons' perfect start and best playing so far.

Pistons are probably thinking:

"We lost in Game7 in June 05 becasue of HCA, so if we've gotta play another Finals Game7 in June 06 (implying an even matchup/series between EC/WC Finalists), no fncking way it's gonna be anywhere but in Auburn Hills. We're playing for HCA starting from season Game1 thru Game82"

Smart move. I wish Pop weren't so fatalistic about HCA and play the season end to end to win every game.

SequSpur
11-14-2005, 06:25 PM
Football Forum.

bdubya
11-15-2005, 02:11 PM
As a Pistons fan, home court is a necessity. It is much easier that way. You Spurs fans should know that. :(

Depends who you're playing. It wasn't all that important in '04, you might recall (except that NOT having it allowed the Pistons to have the celebration on their home court).

But to answer the OP, yes it's dang important. November is not too early to think about it (but definitely too early to take it for granted, or give up on it).

pache100
11-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Anyone Think Having Home Field Advantage In The Finals Is Important To The Spurs?

No. Pop has said it's not that important. Therefore, to me, it is not. I trust Pop on stuff like this (well, just about everything).

Pistons < Spurs
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
I bet you $100 that every Piston + fan is also convinced of same, which may be partially the motivation behind the Pistons' perfect start and best playing so far.

Pistons are probably thinking:

"We lost in Game7 in June 05 becasue of HCA, so if we've gotta play another Finals Game7 in June 06 (implying an even matchup/series between EC/WC Finalists), no fncking way it's gonna be anywhere but in Auburn Hills. We're playing for HCA starting from season Game1 thru Game82"

Exactly!!!!
:fro

boutons
11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Have Pop say whether he thinks the Auburn Hills crowd had any effect of the outcomes of Finals Games3 and 4, or the outcome of SBC crowd on Game7.

And Spurs were fucking LUCKY not to drop ALL THREE GAMES at Auburn Hills.

Sir Charles says HCA is overrated, all I'm saying is not to "overrate it",
but just "rate it" as significant.

Last June, Finals between two very evenly matched teams, was a perfect example of HCA.

pache100
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Have Pop say whether he thinks the Auburn Hills crowd had any effect of the outcomes of Finals Games3 and 4, or the outcome of SBC crowd on Game7.

He said it doesn't make that much difference to the SPURS. As far as I know, he was not commenting on the other team. Naturally, anyone would prefer to win a championship at home. Pop says he likes playing on the road because the guys bond better without interference; they eat together and spend leisure time together as opposed to everyone going their own separate ways after practices and games when they are in town. They depend on each other. The main thing he doesn't like about it is there is usually very little time for full-scale practices.

mavsfan1000
11-15-2005, 03:39 PM
I think the Lions definitely need a home field advantage. Wait a minute we're talking about basketball aren't we. :lol

ZStomp
11-15-2005, 03:47 PM

True but last year was different.

We're use to closing it out on the other people's home court. :fro

1999 Finals 4-1 Series Won in NY (won 2 games in NY)
Round 1= 3-1 over 'Wolves (finishes series in MIN)
Round 2= Swept LAL (finished series in LA)
Round 3+ Swetp Port (finished series in Por)

2003 Finals 4-2 Series Won in SA (won 2 games in NJ)
Round 1= 4-2 over PHX (series won in PHX)
Round 2= 4-2 over LAL (series won in LAL)
Round 3= 4-2 over DAL (series won in DAL)

Last year was a different. :smokin

cheguevara
11-15-2005, 04:21 PM
the importance depends on who they play. If we play Indiana or Detroit. YES. we have about 50/50 chance of winning the championship. If we play some other team then we have better chance. If we have HC, we have 80% chance of winning it doesn't matter w/who

samikeyp
11-15-2005, 07:11 PM
important but not necessary.

Marcus Bryant
11-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Something to think about, in 2 of the Spurs' 3 championships, they clinched on home court. Furthermore, last June's championship saw they humilated twice on the road and choke once at home before winning it. In '03 they damn near gave that away save for the 4th quarter efforts of Speedy Claxton and Jack (who Spurs fans still do not seem to appreciate for his efforts in that title run).

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
11-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I think the Lions definitely need a home field advantage. :lol

Don't even get me started on the pussy cats...

2centsworth
11-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Spurs barely won the championship last year and probably would have lost if they didn't have home court.

They better not try to coast because Detroit is for real!