PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be extremely pissed.....

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 05:12 PM
....if we sign Kidd. The more I think about it, the more I absolutely hate the idea. I can't stand the thought of having to see TJ and Joumana every 10 seconds.

To me, Tony is absolutely untradeable. I think with another year or two of experience, he is going to be the #1 or #2 PG in the league for many years to come. If he is traded, I will riot.

I know Tony and Kidd could play together, but it's quite obvious from Tony's reactions throughout the season that he doesn't want Kidd either. I think bringing in Kidd would hurt team chemistry quite a bit and would be obviously wouldn't be addressing our most important need in bringing in Kidd.

Come on Jermaine.

Jimcs50
07-03-2003, 05:14 PM
^^^^smartest post all day.

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2003, 05:17 PM
You hope Tony is that good. I don't see it. In addition how are the Spurs going to add a great player for Duncan to play with? Who will they move?

Bounce580
07-03-2003, 05:18 PM
You do realize that Jermaine O'Neal has to WANT to come here, right?

That's the whole catch with free agency.

Yeah, if Kidd came here and the Spurs improved, would you still be bitter?

Jimcs50
07-03-2003, 05:20 PM
Marcus, he is not saying that we have Kidd and TP, he is saying that we leave Kidd be, and sign a frontcourt player.TP will not stay if we sign Kidd, noway, nohow.

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I realize he has to want to come here. Duh.

There are at least 10 other scenarios I would consider before signing Kidd though.

Like resigning, Clax -- Parker & Clax > Kidd.

Or, giving Zo a 1 year $10M contract and wait until Brand is unrestricted next year.

Or, go after Maggette, Brad Miller/Kandi/Nesterovich, and keep the other players intact.

There are tons of possible scenarios, I just hope Kidd is not one of them.

Bounce580
07-03-2003, 05:24 PM
TP has no choice but to stay for a few years if the Spurs don't trade him. And when he IS eligible to leave, I think everyone will be able to gauge a Tony/Kidd pairing a little better than the speculation floating around here before any FAs have been signed.

Why do you think he would leave? How well do you know Parker?

ChumpDumper
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
The best thing about Parker is we still have a couple of years to figure out his true worth. If Kid is signed for 6 years and doesn't fit with the Spurs he'll be much more difficult to move.

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 05:28 PM
I think he would leave after the '05 season when he becomes an FA because he has made it explicitly clear that he doesn't think we need Kidd all season long. How many times has he said that he doesn't know why they want Kidd, but knows the NBA is a business?

If the Spurs won't embrace him being their PG for the future, he will go somewhere he is wanted. While Kidd would definitely improve this team, especially with the addition of a decent center, I think it would hurt much more in the long run. Kidd is overrated as it is and I just think it would be totally irresponsible to offer a 30 year old PG entering the last leg of his career the Max, when you have a 21 year old PG that is improving at an incredible rate and will pass up the 30 year old in less than 2 years easily.

Bandit2981
07-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Parker & Clax > Kidd.
oh, so thats why kidds numbers in the finals were BETTER than both of them COMBINED like kori showed you in an earlier post?? :lol

Bounce580
07-03-2003, 05:30 PM
You say that you won't go after a player who is perennial all-nba, all-star and a future hall of famer in Kidd, because we have a point guard loaded with potential in Parker....

...but you're fine with stealing minutes from Ginobili and Jackson (who just happened to be loaded with potential...especially Manu) for a swingman in Maggette who hasn't proven a dang thing in this league, simply because he also has potential? That's a push at best.

Logical.

Jimcs50
07-03-2003, 05:30 PM
Tony will leave because he wants to be the Spurs pointguard, he is a competitor, he does not want to take the backseat to a overpaid over the hill player who has not done a damn thing for the Spurs franchise. He also told Kori that he does not want Kidd to come.

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Parker & Clax > Kidd.
For the price, damn right! Kidd is also THE MAN on his team, whereas Tony and Clax are just supposed to contribute when Tim isn't doing his thing. If Kidd doesn't put up ridiculous numbers, his team isn't even in the game. They play 2 totally different styles of basketball and I would take Parker & Clax over Kidd any day of the week.

timvp
07-03-2003, 05:36 PM
Signing Kidd means you trade away Parker, Bowen and Jackson to fit the new mold.

Fans won't be happy.

But Spurs could be better.

Bandit2981
07-03-2003, 05:37 PM
if parkers ego is so fragile that bringing in the best PG in the league to play with and learn from will be detrimental to him, maybe he doesnt belong on our team. i'd rather have a professional, mature player who believes in the betterment of the TEAM, (ala david robinson with tim coming in) than someone who will pout and sulk about not being the only PG on the team that can play at a high level

bigzak25
07-03-2003, 05:55 PM
put your foot down and keep JK away from San Antonio.

ducks
07-03-2003, 08:04 PM
like you would not be pissed if you were tony parker and you did what he did and you would be jumping up and down and wet yourself because you are thrilled kidd is a spur. these players are human to you know!

Whottt
07-03-2003, 08:51 PM
TimVP why do you trade Jax in that scenario? Jax is fast and looks like a great finisher to me, plus he gets lots of steals to key fast breaks.

And you know ditching Bowen would suck..Kobe would kill us all over again. Every team in the NBA wants Bowen for the way he plays against Kobe.

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 09:20 PM
There is no way the Spurs are going to get rid of Parker and Bowen. They are just too good for the price they are payed. Pop loves defenders and Bowen is probably the best perimeter defender in the league.

TheFlo2
07-03-2003, 09:34 PM
wasn't it not too long ago, when the spurs said that there were only two untradeable players on the roster. Being:

1) Tim Duncan
2) Tony Parker

I doubt things have changed...Keep the faith!

Marcus Bryant
07-03-2003, 09:44 PM
**** YEAH. I'M GONNA BE PISSED TOO LIKE A MOFO TOO IF THE SPURS SHOULD HAVE TIM DUNCAN AND JASON KIDD UNDER CONTRACT. AS A SPURS FAN I DESERVE BETTER. YEAH.

I DEMAND CHAMPIONSHIPS.

http://www.cryingbabies.com/taubsmalllight.JPG

MadeFromDust
07-03-2003, 10:38 PM
....if we sign Kidd. The more I think about it, the more I absolutely hate the idea. I can't stand the thought of having to see TJ and Joumana every 10 seconds. That's because you're about 50 cents short of a dollar, mang. Here on earth, Kidd is the best available FA and his wife is not some nightmare to see on TV. :drunk :elephant

50 Cent
07-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Sorry, I don't tune in to an NBA game to see updates on some basketball player's wife and his oversized-head son eating popcorn every 10 seconds. I don't care how nice she looks.

And, I believe Jermaine O'neal is the best available free agent.

God Almighty
07-03-2003, 10:59 PM
Well, I do. Don't blame me for that kid's dome though.

Bandit2981
07-03-2003, 11:44 PM
i'd rather look at tj's pez-dispenser head than pop's nasty crater face :rolleyes

myspursrule
07-04-2003, 02:40 AM
I don't understand all this negative talk about signing Kidd. He's not my first choice either, but if we can't get JO to sign, than Kidd's the next best thing. I have never been a fan of his, but if he becomes a spur, I will support and cheer for him. IF we sign Kidd than I think you trade parker and bowen, or parker has to come off the bench if he really wants to stay and win championships. Ginobili, Kidd and Duncan would be an exciting team to watch. I hope we sign JO, but I can't complain if we get KIDD!:)

50 Cent
07-04-2003, 03:35 AM
I'll put it this way: No matter what happens, if we were to trade Parker, I would be the most disappointed I have ever been with this franchise. PERIOD!

gunawanspurs
07-04-2003, 05:12 AM
quote]originally posted by JimCS.....He -Tony- also told Kori that he does not want Kidd to come. [/quote]

Is it true, Kori ? :shock :depressed