PDA

View Full Version : WTF kevin?

emmo
08-31-2004, 11:25 AM
www.twincities.com/mld/tw...540263.htm (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/columnists/9540263.htm)

• Pssst: At an informal workout the other day at Target Center, after Timberwolves rookie Rick Rickert made a nifty move to slip past his boyhood idol, Kevin Garnett of the Wolves, to score a basket, Garnett responded, without warning, by punching Rickert in the jaw.

A cut required seven stitches to close, and Rickert also suffered a chipped tooth. The astonished 6-10 Rickert didn't retaliate against the 7-foot NBA most valuable player, who also had unkind words for the former Gophers player. Apparently, the rookie wasn't supposed to score on the MVP. Rickert received his stitches at University of Minnesota Hospital.

Because the incident involved the Wolves' franchise player, the incident seemingly will make it even more difficult for Rickert to make the Wolves' final roster.

The astonished 6-10 Rickert didn't retaliate against the 7-foot NBA most valuable player

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Just read that.

I agree Rickert is a tool, but KG is officially a bitch -- his bitch.

Bring forth the apologists....

Tommy Duncan
08-31-2004, 11:30 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Draft2003_RickertRick.jpg
Rickert, Rick

That's going to endear KG to the Minnesota faithful.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:35 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our final big man.

http://www.euroleague.net/fotos/noticias/jornada1/med_631_63.jpg

Will probably have as much impact vs. the Wolves as Malone would at any rate. Pull the trigger RC!

From Way Downtown
08-31-2004, 11:43 AM
KG is 100% class -- or is that ass?

SpursWoman
08-31-2004, 11:47 AM
Unreal.

exstatic
08-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Where is Wolves009 now?

bigzak25
08-31-2004, 11:55 AM
i think garnett is a racist. he's obviously a punk asshole.

maxpower
08-31-2004, 12:06 PM
If always wondered why people who have been enamored of garnett despite his history. I thought it was too superficial to think that because of his stats and gameplay people would overlook an obviously blatant punk asshole. More and more it seems to me that is the only reason. It is beyond me, what garnett has done to deserve any of the praise he has gotten the past couple of years. Granted I do not live in the minnesotta area and therefore am not privy to his local exploits...but nationally, there is nothing to cause me to believe this guy is a good guy.

garnett fans...:served

tekdragon
08-31-2004, 12:09 PM
is this for real?

Honestly, it's hard to believe. Not because KG is such a great guy, but in an informal workout?!? Absolutely unbelieveable.

What an ass.

And it's really a shame. I've been a pretty big fan of KG, (don't confuse that with the ridiculous KG>TD debate bullshit) but that might be changing. Adding this to his Olympic refusal, and he's slipping quickly in my book.

Nikos
08-31-2004, 12:12 PM
Who is that Chump? :Q

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 12:24 PM
It's Rickert -- he played in Slovenia last season.

I know the Wolves own his rights, but I'd venture a guess the Wolves aren't in a great bargaining position right now.

Shaq H8ter
08-31-2004, 12:35 PM
The only thing KG can do now is MAKE SURE he gets on the team.

He'll try to play it off saying he's tired and stressed out and that he always got people coming at him trying to show him up.
Then he'll say the kid is tough and even though he's not use to the Street Game, fashizzle.

Dump this team Kid come play for the Spurs, we'll promise you a starting role everytime we play the Timberwolves this season.

Thank you Larry Bird for making this all possible!

Solid D
08-31-2004, 12:46 PM
This may be an incomplete story (one-sided). MJ and Steve Kerr got into a tangle once with the Bulls but it doesn't sound like this. Even if it was trash talking by Rickert, that isn't just cause for assault by KG.

If the story "is what it is" - then KG just adds another instance to a growing list of punk acts.

E20
08-31-2004, 12:50 PM
What mother fucking pussy faggot ass punk.
I want TD to nut all over KG just 14 times this season.

Rick Von Braun
08-31-2004, 02:51 PM
If this is true, it is unreal!

I wonder if Rick Rickert could sue KG? :Q

sportcamper1
08-31-2004, 02:53 PM
I don’t blame Garnett one bit...I always wanted to punch that “Dennis the Menace Kid” myself...

http://www.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Draft2003_RickertRick.jpghttp://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/jay-north.jpg

From Way Downtown
08-31-2004, 03:18 PM
I wonder if Rick Rickert could sue KG

he might consult with that dude that Antonio Daniels slugged a couple of summers ago.

ducks
08-31-2004, 03:31 PM
man do that to me next time! I would take his butt to the cleaners!

kmgospurs
08-31-2004, 03:51 PM
I thought he was too busy to play for the USA? I guess he has time to slug someone playing basketball. I still remember the time he almost got into it with Manu and if Tim wasn't holding Manu back I think Manu wouldn't of allowed that.

Useruser666
08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
:Q

Would it be worth a vet min to see the mailman twist KG's alien body into a pretzel just once? I'd pass the hat for a piece of that.

Useruser666 :eyebrow

iminlakerland
08-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Screw that take it for all its worth. You bastard you got beat get the **** over it.

timvp
08-31-2004, 06:56 PM
This is what team leaders do.

iminlakerland
08-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Team leader since when? If i'm not mistaken he needed Cassell and Sprewell to make it out of the first round.

Where the hell is wolves? Can i upper cut him in the jaw and force him to chip a tooth and get stitches?

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Rickert went overseas because he sucked. He was only drafted bc he's from the U of M. Supposedly he had been playing good enough to compete for the final two roster spots. Shooter (guy who wrote that column) usually spews nonsense, you have to when your writing for a B-class newspaper. That being said i'm dissapointed that something happaned. I'm sure this is a one sided story however.

Very disspointed, however
Jordan,
Kobe,
Shaq,
and many more have thrown punches with teamates before.

I would have thought that the whole "KG is a wuss cuz he didn't come to the olympics" talk would have ended.

Timmy didn't even garner a gold yet he's 95 % sure he's not coming back in '08. When Tim and AI win a gold and come back to play the next olympics then you can talk.

DuffMcCartney
08-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Timmy didn't even garner a gold yet he's 95 % sure he's not coming back in '08. When Tim and AI win a gold and come back to play the next olympics then you can talk.

Bullshit Sick. Tim and AI can talk all they want...KG is the one that didn't show up in the Olympics. He has 0 room to talk.

iminlakerland
08-31-2004, 07:04 PM

wtf does this have to do with tim and ai not winning a gold. We put together a crappy team. You keep beating a dead horse.

Look KG wanted to use the lame excuse that he was getting married this off season and thats why he wouldnt be able to play in the olympics.

If im not mistaken manu and hedo got married this offseason and obviously they were able to take time off of their busy schedule and play for their country.

STFU

:next3

From Way Downtown
08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Timmy didn't even garner a gold yet he's 95 % sure he's not coming back in '08.

Well, Timmy didn't even garner a gold, but his unwillingness to go apparently has very little to do with being unwilling to represent his country -- unlike KG who has now turned down that opportunity in each of the last two summers, when Timmy stepped up to represent the best of American basketball. Timmy lacks gold because he played on a team that was inferior to the 2000 team and against a pool of teams that was much better than those who qualified in 2000. KG's got little room to brag around Tim on that one -- and certainly no room to brag around Tim when it comes to NBA accomplishments.

Oh, and Tim's not a punk-ass bitch who punches teammates during pickup games.

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 07:11 PM
It means more to Timmy and AI BECAUSE they havn't been there yet. Who else from the GOLD medal 2000 team was anxious to be there this year? You can bet KG and others would be there if 2000's team failed.

tlongII
08-31-2004, 07:19 PM
I like the way the incident was buried at the bottom of the article. It this happened on the Blazers it would be front-page news and would probably be leading off Sportscenter as well. We get no respect.

From Way Downtown
08-31-2004, 07:28 PM
I had almost forgotten that Portland has an NBA team . . . . actually tlong, I'd think the respect thing will change a bit this season. Mostly good stuff in Portland these days.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Ah, the apologists have arrived.

Please stay on topic.

Tommy Duncan
08-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm trying to recall the last time TD coldcocked a teammate. Perhaps it is because he's never been scored on in practice. In any event, TD > KG you little KG apologist suck on my fatty.

SequSpur
08-31-2004, 08:40 PM
I wish Duncan would have punched Rashopuss and Hedoqueer in the mouth.

From Way Downtown
08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm trying to recall the last time TD coldcocked a teammate.

That's just because TD is "soft" and plays without emotion.

That, or its because those championship rings of his would do some serious damage.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-31-2004, 08:51 PM
When this kid gets cut, we should sign him up, and start him every time vs. Minny this season.

KG would have a grand total of about 5 minutes of playing time after he got tossed every time.

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:13 PM
Someone before made the comment about KG's approach with Rasho didn't work.

Looks to me like Tim's approach with meeker players like Rasho and Hedo didn't work either.

Bottom line is that you can talk the talk all you want how Tim is more patriotic because he went to the Olymics, how AI says he'll play in '08 if asked but Tim is ALREADY saying he won't play in '08. KG would be more inclined to be there if he hadn't won the gold in '00. You can say that Tim would have went to athens if he had won in '00 but then your speculating just as much than if you said 9/11 wouldn't have happaned under Gore, spurs in 99' would have won without a lockout, red sox would have won the world series if Pedro would have been yanked, etc...

Tim will never have the chance to make the choice that garnett did. Do I want to come into the season half beat, wore down to win a gold medal even though i've already have one?

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:14 PM
Start a new topic if you aren't going to defend your punkass demigod here.

Spurminator
08-31-2004, 11:15 PM
I agree with Sick that Duncan probably would have been less inclined to come to Athens if he had already won a Gold Medal.

But Garnett's still a punk. It's time for him to grow the **** up.

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:26 PM
Well i know firsthand how heated games can get, i don't know anyone that hasn't played streetball that hasn't either been in or witnessed a fight because of that. But i've already said i'm dissapointed in him. What's the matter Chump, you mad at me because you've had all your "your mom" and troll comments ready to spew at me but i'm not taking that side?

Spurm, its easy to say its time for him to grow up but why? He's arguable one of the most popular players in the states and easily the most popular in the world. Players, refs and coaches respect him. Top tier players in the league want to play with him. Get my drift.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:29 PM
What's the matter Chump, you mad at me because you've had all your "your mom" and troll comments ready to spew at me but i'm not taking that side?Not really, you're just pretty weak making excuses for him. Have your mom decide what you actually feel and run with it.

Spurminator
08-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Spurm, its easy to say its time for him to grow up but why? He's arguable one of the most popular players in the states and easily the most popular in the world. Players, refs and coaches respect him. Top tier players in the league want to play with him. Get my drift.

Players don't make an effort to continue playing with him for many seasons. He hasn't shown a lot of fortitude under pressure. And, less importantly but equally as annoying, he looks like a dope when he opens his mouth on the court. Have some dignity.

I think he's a very talented player, and he seems to be a decent person every once in a while. But then he goes off on one of his on-the-floor tirades or slugs a teammate and it makes me rethink my opinion of him.

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Good comeback. That well-thought out blast was definately a whole level above "yeah well, you suck". Keep it up.

ChumpDumper
08-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey, my take is consistent -- he's an idiot and a coward. You know he wouldn't punch Kevin Willis after getting a hard pick. Hell, Anthony Peeler punked this guy.

You say you're disappointed then make excuses for him.

Brilliant.

Mom must be proud that you can exist without a spine.

SequSpur
08-31-2004, 11:47 PM
KG has no rings, so why is he a part of this forum?

smeagol
08-31-2004, 11:52 PM
Hey Sicko,

KG=punkass

'nough said

:next3

SickDSM
08-31-2004, 11:57 PM
The only teamate that mattered that left was Steph and we all know how he's bounced around the league.

Chump, to sum it up i pretty much said that even though this is one side of the story and these things happaned i'm dissapointed in it regardless. Even if Rickert was running his mouth or prodding his finger in KG's face or whatever happaned, i'm dissapointed. You seem to expect me to either say i hate KG or show blind loyalty to him. You sound like a person who would get angry at a repub/dem for not blindly checking their party list or a laker fan who isn't on one end or the other on the "Kobe's Guilty!" spectrum.

ducks
08-31-2004, 11:58 PM
I said kg had a better year then duncan last year
I still stand by that
however what kg did was unexcussable
it will be intersting if the wolves fine him or suspend him from nba games for such action

I would want spurs to suspend duncan had he done that to ANY rookie

ChumpDumper
09-01-2004, 12:00 AM
You sound like a person who would get angry at a repub/dem for not blindly checking their party list or a laker fan who isn't on one end or the other on the "Kobe's Guilty!" spectrum.And you sound like a jellyfish.

Squishy.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Looks to me like Tim's approach with meeker players like Rasho and Hedo didn't work either.

???

Rasho had a better year than he ever had in Minnesota if I remember right. So Shaq kicked his ass. BFD. I don't think there's anyone in the league you can't say that about when it comes to big men.

Hedo sucked, we gave it a shot and it didn't work out. Not Tim's fault. Some people just weren't made to play in pressure situations.

Your arguments are getting weaker by the day Wolves009, I wish Kori would have done us all a favor and just banned your ass. Nothing but a waste of bandwidth.

KoriEllis
09-01-2004, 03:20 AM
• Former University of Minnesota player Rick Rickert has shown the Timberwolves during summer workouts that he has NBA potential, and notwithstanding the sucker punch he received the other day from the Wolves' Kevin Garnett during a pickup game, still has a chance to make the team's roster. That will depend on whether the Wolves figure they can afford to keep a player who is still developing or whether they feel they need immediate help.

The day after the 6-foot-10 former Duluth East star received seven stitches and a chipped tooth from Garnett, Rickert was back seeking another workout with the same players. And he would have continued playing immediately after being punched except that he couldn't because of the bleeding the blow caused. Rickert has gained extra respect from the Wolves for not pressing the issue.

Meanwhile, word is Garnett realizes he made a big mistake by losing his temper and doesn't consider it an issue.

www.twincities.com/mld/tw...289.htm?1c (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/9548289.htm?1c)

KoriEllis
09-01-2004, 03:23 AM
More on the story.

msnbc.msn.com/id/5881037/ (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5881037/)

Useruser666
09-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Rickert, 21, scored several times with the 6-foot-11 Garnett guarding him. Several other players began to "tease" Garnett about being outplayed, according to a source. When Rickert scored again, Garnett struck him without warning.

In November 2000, Garnett punched teammate Wally Szczerbiak in the head following an argument.

So is this to be considered fact? I hope his new wife doesn't get into an argument with him. If the reason Garnett punch this guy was because he was embarrassed then he is an immature punk.

SickDSM, I understand the intense going ons in street ball. What happened here, occurred in a pickup game with "professional" players. Give me a break, there is no excuse for acting in that manner. Period!

From Way Downtown
09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Yet, somehow, when the season is half over, we'll be listening to NBA talking heads expound on what a great "character" guy KG is and how he's such a great "leader" -- he's had quite a past, but that didn't stop any of it last year. This will be spun as an emotional guy losing his temper, doing something rash, then "showing character" and "leadership" by apologizing. Why is there somehow less character or leadership in never putting yourself in position to have to apologize?

In a sense, that's the "leadership" argument that so many make as distinguishing Duncan and Garnett. Garnett acts like a jackass, but steps up to be accountable for acting like a jackass, and somehow is a great leader. Tim just wins basketball games, never giving himself any reasons to apologize for his behavior, but somehow he's not regarded to have the same "leadership" qualities that Garnett supposedly has.

It's bullshit.

As contradictory as it sounds, this kind of thing just makes me wish Manu had just rolled the dude last year. THAT would have been fun to watch.

SAmikeyp
09-01-2004, 11:44 AM
You can take the punk out of the 'hood but you can't take the 'hood out of the punk. Others have done this before, and I understand the heat of the battle angle but there is still never any excuse for this, especially with a teammate. Despite him playing for a Spurs rival and some of his on-court antics, I have always liked watching Garnett play and have had respect for him. If this is indeed true, that would change.

SickDSM
09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Leadership? Kinda funny how that word is being used while millions of fans are scrambling around trying to come up with the de-facto answer why Timmy and AI couldn't LEAD a star-studded american team past the scraps of professional ballplayers. Leadership means more than keeping a straight face throughout everything. Ray Lewis is a leader. I don't care what happaned off the field but you cannot refute that you come to play with him, you play hard and you dig in when he says. FWIW, KG showed his LEADERSHIP in leading three dinosaur's past their prime (Earv, Spree, Alien), two guys who weren't even good enough to ride the bulls bench (hoibs, Hassell) three gimps more in street clothes than shorts (kandi, wally, Huddy) and a smattering of scrubs. Prick, asshole, punk, bitch are all words that may be inserted in this thread and stick but to question his leadership skills is laughable.

E20
09-01-2004, 11:14 PM
The team couldn't shoot for shit not TD's fault. He can't make them into shooters.

SequSpur
09-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Remember when Garnett slapped Duncan in the back of the head during that playoff game??

I DO.

**** KEVIN GARNETT.

I HOPE HE FUCKING DIES.

End of Discussion.

SAmikeyp
09-02-2004, 01:06 AM
I don't care what happaned off the field

Therein lies the problem. A leader has to be such on and off the field. FWIW Sick, I agree with you that name calling doesn't prove a point.

SickDSM
09-02-2004, 02:17 PM
Leadership does not equal good citizenship. Usually a good leader can get his team, troops, coworkers, etc... fired up. Jack Nicholson in A few good men was a good leader. Watching the Apprentice showed that all the people that were good leaders of their team weren't any good samaritans.

I'm not Wolves, don't confuse me with him.

SAmikeyp
09-02-2004, 02:21 PM
They weren't good samaritans but they also weren't involved in killing people like Ray Lewis and Nicholson's character. In the Apprentice, you also saw how teamwork was vital to success. Getting into your teammates face is one thing. Sometimes a team leader has to do that. Punching someone is over the line.

Oh and to be fair....Sick is 100X the poster Wolves is. You may not agree with Sick but he at least knows his stuff.

bigzak25
09-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Garnett hasn't led his team to shit.....the olympics are a distraction from the issue....Garnett punched his teamate in the face...a teamate whom he should be setting an example for....this argument is a waste...the facts are what they are...and Garnett is just another asshole with some game...

From Way Downtown
09-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned (or perhaps I'm not old fashioned enough), but I just think that "leaders" tend to support teammates, rather than getting pissed at them and slugging them in a rage.

I guess my quarrel is with this -- Tim is generally not perceived as a "leader" because he doesn't do the emotional crap that Garnett does. I think that's bogus -- I'd much rather have a leader with fire and poise, than someone whose emotions tend to hold him hostage and have, in the past, cost him when it mattered most.

Tim wins titles and competes for others, but since 1999, the Spurs have never had a second all-star -- no excuses about a supporting cast when he doesn't win. KG creates excuses about his supporting cast, and since 1999, the T'Wolves have had at least two other players voted to all-star teams, both of whom are still in Minnesota (Szczerbiak and Cassell).

Leadership isn't about being vocal -- it's about knowing when to be vocal. Leadership isn't about accepting credit or assigning blame -- it's about knowing when to assign credit and accept blame. Garnett has raged for years about how he's got no supporting cast -- he's blaming others for his failures. Tim gets the very guy who has been at the heart of KG's tirades (Rasho) and somehow manages to accomplish more than KG ever did with the same guy. Yet Tim's stoic nature leaves critics believing that he's the inferior leader. I just don't buy it.

E20
09-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Lead by example.

Useruser666
09-02-2004, 03:28 PM
Sick,

Please answer this question for me.

How was KG demonstrating his leadership skills by punching a player who was trying out for his team, in the face at a pickup game?

Those are the facts right? Then what's the answer?

There is NO reason for that to happen. PERIOD!

Judging by the damage he inflicted, he truly meant to hurt the other player. How can anyone justify that? It's just not possible. That is the same thing as a ten year old boy hitting another because they beat them in a game of NBA Live. It is immature, irresponsible, and plainly wrong. If I were a Spurs fan and Duncan did the same, I would be on his case and not trying to defend him so strongly. It might be different here if KG came out and apologized profusely., but that hasn't happened as of yet.

KoriEllis
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
It's not like this is the first time he's punched someone. He punched Wally. He slapped Tim in the back of the head. I wasn't surprised when I read this about KG; just disgusted.

E20
09-02-2004, 03:31 PM
KG is an ass.:served :next3

Man in Black1
09-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Leadership isn't about being vocal -- it's about knowing when to be vocal. Leadership isn't about accepting credit or assigning blame -- it's about knowing when to assign credit and accept blame. Garnett has raged for years about how he's got no supporting cast -- he's blaming others for his failures. Tim gets the very guy who has been at the heart of KG's tirades (Rasho) and somehow manages to accomplish more than KG ever did with the same guy. Yet Tim's stoic nature leaves critics believing that he's the inferior leader. I just don't buy it.

He ain't BALLA enough for Madison Avenue and New York. He is however, RESULTS-ORIENTED and his way works. Pop said it best, "Tim Duncan plays and represents basketball the way you would want your kid to."
That is how it should be but you have punk ass ESPN trying to tell us all different.
The Olympics exposed the subtle beauty of TEAM HOOPS. I hope people start opening their eyes when it comes to San Antonio's version of TEAM HOOPS. It's hoops, not hype.
:brotha

Tommy Duncan
09-02-2004, 04:16 PM
The Spurs need to get Rickert.

SpursFanInAustin
09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Can't leave out the fact that he told Tim "Happy Mother's Day" during Game 1 of the 1999 playoffs, when Kevin knew Tim's mom passed away when he was 14. Classy move there.

SickDSM
09-02-2004, 11:11 PM
I've asked that to be backed up and i suddenly saw more waffles than Kerry's campagn strategy. A friend of a friend is the closest its come. Larry Brown's comments could clearly be seen by video, if this is so true and serious how come noone can come up with any?

Kori, you hate KG, you have access i'd think to unimaginable footage or know someone that does. Lets see, a playoff game in their 99' title run isn't available? Find the footage, leak it out and tear his national rep apart and make a name for yourself at the same time. Until that happans this is just a grown up game of telephone. Last time i questioned this someone pointed to you and said you heard it firsthand, which you denied.

Sid Hartman is the main sports guy in town, he knows everyone. Shooter is the ONLY guy that's reported it. I'm sure something happaned but usually Sid's right on top of it. Shooter's a two-bit reporter from a second rate paper. He also said less than 24 hours before Googs signed with Boston that Googs to the wolves was a done deal, dot the I's and cross the T's. More details, follow up or some sources other than a little birdie are expected.

KoriEllis
09-02-2004, 11:34 PM
Kori, you hate KG, you have access i'd think to unimaginable footage or know someone that does. Lets see, a playoff game in their 99' title run isn't available? Find the footage, leak it out and tear his national rep apart and make a name for yourself at the same time. Until that happans this is just a grown up game of telephone. Last time i questioned this someone pointed to you and said you heard it firsthand, which you denied.

First of all, I don't hate KG. I think he's an amazing talent. I think he's smart and has a great appreciation for the game of basketball. I know that he knows more about basketball history than probably 90% of the players in the game today.

I do however think that his body style can't usually take the fatigue of an 82-game season, but he did much better with that this season (probably because he had a lot more help.) I do think that Tim Duncan is a better player. But I don't hate Garnett.

As for the Mother's Day comment, I heard about it on television and read about it in a magazine just like everyone else. I wasn't even a Spurs fan at the time (though I was a Duncan fan).

I think KG is a punk in a lot of ways. But I had actually given him credit for "growing out of it" many times on the radio here this past season.

I understand that a hack of a writer might be the one who spilled this "punch" story, but maybe the legitimate writers have more respect for KG than to print it.

Obviously the guy got hit, whether he was taunting KG or whatever when it happened, we'll probably never know.

I'm sure a lot of fights, scuffles happen within NBA basketball teams. I know that the Clippers used to have a lot of throwdowns at practice when Mo Taylor was on the team.

All I'm saying about this particular incident is that it's not like he's never hit anyone before --people shouldn't be shocked.