PDA

View Full Version : USC's defeat of OU last year

NoMoneyDown
11-15-2005, 10:12 AM
When comparing USC and Texas, it is inevitable that the NC game last year between USC and OU comes up. Of course it's pointless, but it still finds it's way in the argument. I read the following on another message board, and thought I'd paste it here to show a big reason why this interjection is pointless ...

I love how all you guys compare this Texas team to OU last year.

Do you even do research? Last year USC was 6th in total defense, 3rd in scoring defense. OU was 11th in total defense, 13th in scoring defense. USC had the better defense last year. OU gave up 35 point to Aggie and Okie St. last year and was very suspect in stopping the pass.

This year Texas has 4 DBs that will play on Sundays. Texas is ranked #6 in total defense & scoring defense. USC is ranked 37th in total defense and 28th in scoring defense.

If anything Texas sounds like USC last year. Everyone thought OU would win because they played better competition, had a Heisman QB and AP.

Hmmm…Heisman winning QB and Reggie Bush. All we talk about is offense. Who’s the best defense USC has faced? Those pesky Beavers?

No mention of defense.

Ask Miami what happened vs OSU. Ask OU what happened vs USC. Ask Nebraska what happened vs Miami. Ask OU what happened vs LSU. Ask FSU what happened vs OU.

Just in case you haven’t been watching the MNC game the last 5 years the team with the better defense has won the game, and if I’m not mistaken the underdog has won the game in 4 of the last 5 years.