PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinmi - Stats after 9 games

mathbzh
11-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Hello,
Ian has played his 9th game in the french league (with STB Le Havre).

His stats seems good (10pts 6rbd in 20 minutes).
On his last game, he was 17pts 13 rbd in 27 minutes.
This is really impressive for such a young player.

Once again SA choice seems to be the good one.

More stats:

http://www.lnb.fr/?pid=22&type=1&id=A28929&from=2005&stat=m

mathbzh
11-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Sorry I just realised this thread duplicates another one

picnroll
11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
No problemo. Time to get a new one going anyways. French A league is less than a third of the way through the year. Hopefully Ian's breaking out. Hopefully he can solve the Spurs need for an uber-athletic bigman that has existed since DRob retired. Possibly unrealistically hopefully he can do it next year.

TheTruth
11-15-2005, 12:37 PM
fantastic.
loving the rbnd numbers.

smdanss
11-15-2005, 12:57 PM
fantastic.
loving the rbnd numbers.
Around one month ago, in this site heard that he has been growing from 6'10" to 6'11". Is that true? Any one knows about that?

Bruno
11-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Bienvenue Mathbzh (breton ?)

Around one month ago, in this site heard that he has been growing from 6'10" to 6'11". Is that true? Any one knows about that?

He is 2m08 height without shoes.
2m08 is exactly 6'10", so he is 6'11" with shoes.

SWC Bonfire
11-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Possibly unrealistically hopefully he can do it next year.

I think so, but it was a while before Ginobili got here, and Scola still isn't here yet, so to expect him to come and contribute next year is asking a bit much of a what, 19 year old? (Who isn't named Tony Parker :lol)

I don't know if it is the case, but Ian might not even have stopped growing yet. Didn't the Admiral shoot up 4" or so at Navy?

He's in the right place, getting playing time, learning sound technique and hopefully some good basketball knowledege. :tu

smdanss
11-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Bienvenue Mathbzh (breton ?)

He is 2m08 height without shoes.
2m08 is exactly 6'10", so he is 6'11" with shoes.
thanks to Bruno and SWC for the quick responses.

silverandblackreign
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
some staff were just recently over there taking a look at him - said he is looking good.....

boutons
11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
give him 3 more years, eg, equivalent to gradating from college.

SWC Bonfire
11-15-2005, 01:43 PM
give him 3 more years, eg, equivalent to gradating from college.

Good point. He's pretty raw, and needs a lot more experience. The Spurs knew what they were getting into when they drafted him, they should at least give him ample time to develop his game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-15-2005, 01:59 PM
I suspect the same day we find out we're losing Rasho or Nazr to FA/trade you'll hear Ian will be suiting up for the silver and black the following year.

wildbill2u
11-15-2005, 02:44 PM
I suspect the same day we find out we're losing Rasho or Nazr to FA/trade you'll hear Ian will be suiting up for the silver and black the following year.

That would mean he'd be suiting up next season. :rolleyes

I don't think he'll be ready by then.

Gino2882
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Any update on the young SF they got over there? Viktor Sanikidze?

JUUOT
11-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I was preparing my thread for the tenth game update after the 5 game update.
bienvenu mathbzh. i will do my update in this thread after the 10th game or maybee wait the 12th this way we can make update every 3 games.

boutons
11-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Could Ian be invited to the summer leagues, or Spurs camp, just for puroses of getting closer look, us to him, him to USA/NBA ?

Time to start breaking in the boy on the "culture shock" front.

Bruno
11-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Could Ian be invited to the summer leagues, or Spurs camp, just for puroses of getting closer look, us to him, him to USA/NBA ?

Last summer he goes to SA for some practice with Duncan, Bowen and Foster.
It's a good begining :spin
I don't know if he will do the summer league next summer because of french teams (U20 or senior).

Kori Ellis
11-15-2005, 04:45 PM

Isn't he out for the season injured?

Bruno
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM

No. He is out for the season with an ankle surgery but I have no more news.

Rummpd
11-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Don't forget we also have a Lithuanian Center sitting in the wings!

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2005, 12:47 AM
Whats the lith center name we got??

Quasar
11-16-2005, 01:16 AM

I had meant to post this a long time ago but had been too busy; it's an interview of Ian Mahinmi by the french press:
http://sports.fr/fr/cmc/basket/200537/cmc_75027.html

You'll also find a pic of him and pop - he's TALL!

I don't have enough time to do a full translation, but i'll try to get the interesting info:

Essentially he said that he had planned to withdraw from the draft as he registered himself only to make himself known to all the other teams. He was pleasantly surprised to find out that a few teams were interested in him.

After the draft, he went back to finish his high school and then played in the Under 20's European tournament. After that he spent 15 days in San Antonio undergoing training and playing 1-on-1 against young americans foward/centers.

Apparently Pop had intended to ask him to come to San Antonio since July, but had to postpone it till August after he found out Ian wanted to play in the tournament.

When asked what he's working on, he said that as he's pretty good defensively, he's now polishing his offensive go-to moves as well as bulking up.

He said that his model right now is Marcus Camby.. otherwise one player that impresses a lot is KG. No mention of TIM!!! :lol

Lastly, he said that he's hoping to join the spurs next year and that it's the same on their side!

xcoriate
11-16-2005, 04:22 AM
Yeah I think that article was posted here a while ago.

Thanks for the info though guys always good to keep updated :)

Bruno
11-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Whats the lith center name we got??

Robertas Javtokas : you can follow his stats here (http://bc.lrytas.lt/lt/disp.php/lt_games)
It's average but he missed some games, maybe he is injured.

The guy who rocks in Europe is scola, he put 20 pts/8 rbds in Spanish championship (it's quite strong) and in euroleague.
Spanish league stats (http://www.acb.com/stsacum.php?cod_equipo=BAS&cod_competicion=LACB&cod_edicion=50)
euroleague stats (http://www.euroleague.net/plantillas/jugador.jsp?id=AJG)

Kobayagi
11-16-2005, 07:47 AM
The guy who rocks in Europe is scola, he put 20 pts/8 rbds in Spanish championship (it's quite strong) and in euroleague.

Scola is playing against Olimpija, our team (which by the way, sucks big time this year) tomorrow, so we'll let you know how he does.

That's Euroleague in case you don't know....i'm not too sure about the quality of the French league.