PDA

View Full Version : Clippers How scary good are the Clippers?

spursreport
06-06-2021, 05:12 PM
- A top 5 talent and proven champ in Kawhi

- An elite #2 in Paul George who has finally arrived

-Lethal/clutch role players in Rondo, Kennard, Jackson, Mann, Morris, Batum

-Elite defense

- A head coach with a proven championship

- A TEAM who all have each other’s backs and have lots of fun winning games together

They showed the heart of a champion through out this series. Utah is going to be overwhelmed along with everyone else against the Clips.

Millennial_Messiah
06-06-2021, 05:18 PM
Elite defense just gave up 111 points in a game 7, I'm looking more at their offense tbh.

Millennial_Messiah
06-06-2021, 05:19 PM
But yeah, I'm rooting for the Clippers to win the championship. As the Lakers are out I no longer have any hate-able teams left, except maybe the Nets because Durbeta.

Thread
06-06-2021, 05:20 PM

-Elite defense

- A TEAM who all have each other’s backs and have lots of fun winning games together

They showed the heart of a champion through out this series. Utah is going to be overwhelmed along with everyone else against the Clips.

I don't see it, but I'm gladdened to hear it.

Neo.
06-06-2021, 05:21 PM
plenty of depth

still no one is good at creating offense aside from rondo, which will bite them in the butt against legit defensive teams

Thread
06-06-2021, 05:22 PM
plenty of depth

still no one is good at creating offense aside from rondo, which will bite them in the butt against legit defensive teams

Uh, oh, now I'm scared again. I'm putting myself down for a nap.

Neo.
06-06-2021, 05:23 PM
Uh, oh, now I'm scared again. I'm putting myself down for a nap.

ok?

Isitjustme?
06-06-2021, 05:24 PM

-Elite defense

All of this is true except the part about having fun. I mean winning is fun but Kawhi doesn't seem like he inspires a jovial locker room. Sometimes he's scoring buckets and teammates seem like awkward to want to celebrate with him since he so autistic. Of course if he was a Spur we'd say he was too classy to celebrate or show much emotion lol

Millennial_Messiah
06-06-2021, 05:31 PM
plenty of depth

Fortunately it's 2021, so those don't exist anymore. The Duncan Spurs, Big Five Pistons, Grit-N-Grind Grizzlies, etc. ain't walkin' through that door.

JokicParty
06-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Jazz in 6

spursreport
06-06-2021, 06:09 PM
Jazz in 6

I just can’t see it. Clippers have a major edge. They have the better superstar, better #2, better supporting cast, better coach, and more heart and championship poise.

monosylab1k
06-06-2021, 06:47 PM
It took them 7 games to beat a one man team. They’re all talent, no heart, absolute frontrunning douchebags.

If Luka had even one reliable teammate this series, Mavs win. Instead we’ve got a glorified Channing Frye on a max contract and the most inconsistent shooters you’ve ever seen.

American Citizen
06-06-2021, 07:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IqbgzTb.jpg

Kawhitstorm
06-06-2021, 07:31 PM
It took them 7 games to beat a one man team. They’re all talent, no heart, absolute frontrunning douchebags.

If Luka had even one reliable teammate this series, Mavs win. Instead we’ve got a glorified Channing Frye on a max contract and the most inconsistent shooters you’ve ever seen.

You also said the same thing after getting sent home in 7 back in ‘14

Thread
06-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Fortunately it's 2021, so those don't exist anymore. The Duncan Spurs, Big Five Pistons, Grit-N-Grind Grizzlies, etc. ain't walkin' through that door.

...neither is the Daddy/Kobe/8-5 Lakers, right, MM?

Millennial_Messiah
06-06-2021, 09:40 PM
...neither is the Daddy/Kobe/8-5 Lakers, right, MM?

I don't consider them a top defensive team. They were a top halfcourt offense with a couple flaws: Daddy's FT shooting and the streakiness of the shooting of the older role players. The defense was hit or miss. They sure couldn't stop Sacramento to save their lives. Only Sacramento and their icy shooting/fishy foul calls in game 6/terrible free throw shooting in that game 7, got Sacramento beat.

Those Lakers routinely gave up 100+ in a much more slow paced halfcourt offense era in the NBA. They won those 3 championships on sheer star power, some clutch shooting from the vet role players, some timely whistles in their favor, and other teams (Blazers/Kings to name a couple) shooting themselves in the foot at the worst possible time to the Lakers' benefit.

monosylab1k
06-06-2021, 09:48 PM
You also said the same thing after getting sent home in 7 back in ‘14

In 2014 I said the Mavs would have won if Luka Dončić had more help? Ok :tu

daslicer
06-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Their 2 weaknesses are not having a playmaker and lack of size.

Dirks_Finale
06-06-2021, 10:49 PM
Had them going to the Finals till I saw them struggle vs a one man team.

Jazz in 6.

Thread
06-06-2021, 10:51 PM
I don't consider them a top defensive team. They were a top halfcourt offense with a couple flaws: Daddy's FT shooting and the streakiness of the shooting of the older role players. The defense was hit or miss. They sure couldn't stop Sacramento to save their lives. Only Sacramento and their icy shooting/fishy foul calls in game 6/terrible free throw shooting in that game 7, got Sacramento beat.

Those Lakers routinely gave up 100+ in a much more slow paced halfcourt offense era in the NBA. They won those 3 championships on sheer star power, some clutch shooting from the vet role players, some timely whistles in their favor, and other teams (Blazers/Kings to name a couple) shooting themselves in the foot at the worst possible time to the Lakers' benefit.

Was that the game where Webber walked away from Horry?

Thread
06-06-2021, 10:51 PM
Had them going to the Finals till I saw them struggle vs a one man team.

Jazz in 6.

Oh, Lordy, I don't like the sound of that.

therealtruth
06-07-2021, 01:04 AM
This kind of reminds me of the Spurs in '14. They have a disappointing loss the year before. They meet Jim Carrey in the first round and he pushes them to 7 games. However it kind of galvanizes them for the championship run. I guess we'll see if they sweep the Jazz in the next round like the Spurs did to the Blazers.

therealtruth
06-07-2021, 01:07 AM

THJ was pretty reliable. He shot the lights out.

Robz4000
06-07-2021, 02:38 AM
Jazz in 5 imo

Thread
06-07-2021, 08:11 AM
This kind of reminds me of the Spurs in '14. They have a disappointing loss the year before. They meet Jim Carrey in the first round and he pushes them to 7 games. However it kind of galvanizes them for the championship run. I guess we'll see if they sweep the Jazz in the next round like the Spurs did to the Blazers.

You're much too kind.

Thread
06-07-2021, 08:11 AM
Jazz in 5 imo

I don't like the sound of that either.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-07-2021, 08:18 AM
I think they look kinda weak. Took 7 games to get rid of a very weak Mavs team.

George is not a super star in any way.

Millennial_Messiah
06-07-2021, 08:50 AM
Was that the game where Webber walked away from Horry?

Game 4 = Lakers furious comeback from almost 30 points down, but started by that miracle halftime halfcourt shot that shouldn't have counted
Game 5 = Sacramento won a nail biter on that Bibby shot, Shaq fouled out late
Game 6 = Sacramento shot well, but the refs ensured there would be a game 7 with all the phantom fouls
Game 7 = both teams got a lot of free throws, but Sacramento uncharacteristically shot 50-55% despite being a normally 80-85% FT shooting team

monosylab1k
06-07-2021, 09:40 AM
THJ was pretty reliable. He shot the lights out.

:lol no. He was hot for two games and pretty trash all the rest. Like he usually plays.

Texas_Ranger
06-07-2021, 09:50 AM
Good to win a ring. Kawhi is a lucky guy. In the west every team he faces will have an injured player. Conley, Paul and Murray. And if he gets to the finals, there will be another injury, you can bet on it. So, they are scary just as Toronto was scary vs the Warriors.

ambchang
06-07-2021, 10:23 AM
:lmao needing 7 games to beat Luka and a bunch of G-league srcubs.

Thread
06-07-2021, 12:29 PM
Good to win a ring. Kawhi is a lucky guy. In the west every team he faces will have an injured player. Conley, Paul and Murray. And if he gets to the finals, there will be another injury, you can bet on it. So, they are scary just as Toronto was scary vs the Warriors.

I like the sound of this one.

the golden era
06-07-2021, 01:29 PM
I got Jazz winning it all. Jazz in 5, six max. Clippers overpowered a weaker team and still took a massive effort from nephew to get it done. Streak of no conference championship games continues for the clips.

Arcadian
06-07-2021, 02:19 PM
I keep hearing about some stat that says they're one of the best shooting teams of all time.

Mark Celibate
06-07-2021, 05:57 PM

I agree with this part. They have the talent and have even shown they can play well enough to win the West. However, I just can't see guys like Paul George, Marcus Morris, etc play solid composed basketball throughout this postseason. If they consistently played like they did against Dallas in some of their wins, they'd be my Finals pick. But something tells me they're going to choke like f@ggots either this series or in the WCF. They just have that "can't trust em" type vibe to them

I could see something typical like Paul George going 0-5 from three in a Game 7 4th quarter or Morris getting a late game technical to cost them a pivotal game. It's not even an X's and O's or talent thing

DMC
06-07-2021, 07:51 PM
Nephew likely sprains his vagina

Isitjustme?
06-07-2021, 08:17 PM
I don't like the sound of that either.

In the playoffs the team with the best player wins like a fairly large amount of the time and the Clips have by an absolutely astronomical margin by far the best player in the series

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2021, 12:50 AM
Kawhi played great but the Clips still don’t seem like a cohesive group to me. I’m going Jazz in 6.

Thread
06-08-2021, 06:09 AM
I agree with this part. They have the talent and have even shown they can play well enough to win the West. However, I just can't see guys like Paul George, Marcus Morris, etc play solid composed basketball throughout this postseason. If they consistently played like they did against Dallas in some of their wins, they'd be my Finals pick. But something tells me they're going to choke like f@ggots either this series or in the WCF. They just have that "can't trust em" type vibe to them

I could see something typical like Paul George going 0-5 from three in a Game 7 4th quarter or Morris getting a late game technical to cost them a pivotal game. It's not even an X's and O's or talent thing

That's all I want, Mark.

Rummpd
06-08-2021, 07:55 AM
Only scary team out there are the Nets. Irving a lot better than i thought and Durant is virtually unguardable. They actually are defending pretty well too. Unless they regress with Harden back and ball dominating no one going to beat them. Blake Griffin a great role player as well.

Biggems
06-12-2021, 09:46 AM
The Clippers are so scary good, they most likely won't make the NBA Finals, maybe not even the Conference Finals.

I see the Suns vs the Nets in the Finals.

Thread
06-12-2021, 01:01 PM
The Clippers are so scary good, they most likely won't make the NBA Finals, maybe not even the Conference Finals.

I see the Suns vs the Nets in the Finals.

Yep, I'm not scared though. I'm terrified...that only the Jazz are standing between the Suns and the Finals. And unlike the last time the Suns were in the Finals/'93 I had Jordan as stopper in the bottle.

35 years I've been here countin' coup on the Suns. Methinks it's about to come to an end.

From the Gospel of Mark:
"And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Mark 9:31-32

Millennial_Messiah
06-12-2021, 02:28 PM
Yep, I'm not scared though. I'm terrified...that only the Jazz are standing between the Suns and the Finals. And unlike the last time the Suns were in the Finals/'93 I had Jordan as stopper in the bottle.

35 years I've been here countin' coup on the Suns. Methinks it's about to come to an end.

From the Gospel of Mark:
"And when the sixth hour had come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
Mark 9:31-32
Suns winning the championship and Trump losing in the same year. Would that push you to do the Robin Williams?

Thread
06-12-2021, 07:06 PM
Suns winning the championship and Trump losing in the same year. Would that push you to do the Robin Williams?

Trump was robbed last year, MM.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-12-2021, 08:10 PM
Yeah, robbed of his dignity when he wouldn’t accept defeat with grace and got himself impeached TWICE :lmao

Thread
06-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Yeah, robbed of his dignity when he wouldn’t accept defeat with grace and got himself impeached TWICE :lmao

Hells-bells, son, you threatened to impeach him the day after he kicked Hillary's ass up so high she could use it for a hump. Then the day he got sworn and moved into the White House Madonna threatened to blow the damn place up.

You got some fuckin' nerve, Cuppy.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Hells-bells, son, you threatened to impeach him the day after he kicked Hillary's ass up so high she could use it for a hump. Then the day he got sworn and moved into the White House Madonna threatened to blow the damn place up.

You got some fuckin' nerve, Cuppy.
Trump was impeached twicePERIOD

Millennial_Messiah
06-12-2021, 09:10 PM

I agree 100%.
But he still lost. And that's that.
Just like the Sacramento Kings of 2002 will never have an NBA championship banner for the same reason.

Thread
06-12-2021, 10:05 PM
I agree 100%.

Your capitulation to the truth is welcome.

Let us proceed...

Thread
06-12-2021, 10:07 PM
Trump was impeached twicePERIOD

You were after him hammer & tong as soon as he left Hillary where he found her. Then Madonna threatened to blow up the White House as he was moving in.

I ain't forgettin' it, and neither is President Trump.

CHARGE!!!

Millennial_Messiah
06-13-2021, 12:42 AM
Your capitulation to the truth is welcome.

Let us proceed...

If I had to choose between Trump beating Hillary and losing to Biden vs. the other way around, I'd much rather have seen Hillary get crushed, which is what happened. Obviously winning both terms would have been ideal, but at least "Hilldawg" will definitely never, ever be POTUS.

Biggems
06-13-2021, 12:01 PM
I wish the Stock market would take a huge 90%angle upward with stocks I owned in a span of 4 overnight hours. I know the stock market is closed at that time.....still. It was convenient that we all went to bed and trump was up by a certain number of votes, and somehow by morning, Biden added enough votes to erase those deficits and take a decent lead, even though the voting was allegedly halted for the night.........

We all know shady shit went down, however, the Trump haters justify such illegal shenanigans because it rids them of the guy they hated.....Unfortunately, it also destroys our voting system by condoning voter fraud, tampering, etc. So, you have nary the room to complain when the same bullshit comes back to bite you in the ass in future elections.

I am a Trump supporter. I had no issue with him losing the election, had he lost fairly. However, everyone in the freakin world knows he was robbed. It is what it is......now we have Biden and Kamala......what a shit show.

Biggems
06-13-2021, 12:03 PM
If I had to choose between Trump beating Hillary and losing to Biden vs. the other way around, I'd much rather have seen Hillary get crushed, which is what happened. Obviously winning both terms would have been ideal, but at least "Hilldawg" will definitely never, ever be POTUS.

That corrupt bitch needs to pay for her sins, her and her shitty ass husband. They have raped, pillaged, murdered, and defiled all over the world. Yet, they sit fat and happy as free citizens over here.

DMC
06-16-2021, 01:04 PM
Nephew likely sprains his vagina

:bobo

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2021, 09:44 AM
Paul George is a playoff BEAST man. The Clippers have so much heart, beating the Jazz in Utah in a pivotal Game 5 without the Great :claw

Thread
06-17-2021, 11:23 AM

Yes, that is our salvation. (They'll) never forgive, or, forget that.

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2021, 01:08 PM
Yes, that is our salvation. (They'll) never forgive, or, forget that.

Yep.

Boiled down::::

Trump: 1

the tired old shit bag Hillary: 0

Thread
06-17-2021, 01:23 PM
Yep.

Boiled down::::

Trump: 1

the tired old shit bag Hillary: 0

The kicker? Hussein had fucked her over, then she came crawlin' for the SoS job, "no buffer, direct line on the Bat Phone" to him was her demand and a free ride to the 45th. "Agreed."

Here comes this wise ass outta New York: "Hey, Mel, I'm gonna try for President. First though I'm gonna do 18 holes in New Jersey, then come back with McDonald's, then watch TV."

Mel: "Oh, fuck me." to herself.

ambchang
06-17-2021, 03:49 PM
Paul George is a playoff BEAST man. The Clippers have so much heart, beating the Jazz in Utah in a pivotal Game 5 without the Great :claw

Another data point showing how stacked Kawhi's teams are/were.

Millennial_Messiah
06-17-2021, 05:56 PM
Another data point showing how stacked Kawhi's teams are/were.

Danny Green carried him on defense and allowed him to basically play free safety while Green did the dirty work (i.e. man coverage)... Kawhi on defense just hasn't been the same since he parted ways with LDN, tbh.

ambchang
06-17-2021, 08:57 PM
Danny Green carried him on defense and allowed him to basically play free safety while Green did the dirty work (i.e. man coverage)... Kawhi on defense just hasn't been the same since he parted ways with LDN, tbh.

True. It’s a lot easier to play lockdown defence when you have LDN and Duncan in your lineup.

DMC
06-17-2021, 10:20 PM
Kawhi's defense dropped off when he started focusing on offense and realized he couldn't expend that much energy just to maybe get a steal or block. Very similar to other superstars.

KaiRMD1
06-18-2021, 11:04 PM
Has there ever been a worse "live by the three, die by the three" team like the Utah Jazz?

Millennial_Messiah
06-18-2021, 11:17 PM
Has there ever been a worse "live by the three, die by the three" team like the Utah Jazz?
D'Antoni Rockets. Specifically 2018. Game 7 :lmao

ducks
06-18-2021, 11:20 PM
Dude the one basket is cold
Other one is hot

spursreport
06-18-2021, 11:22 PM
Reggie Jackson- star
Terrance Mann- rising star
Paul George- Elite #2
Batum/Kennard/Morris- elite role players

Nobody can guard this team. Kawhi is a genius for pushing these studs!!

ducks
06-18-2021, 11:57 PM
Andy Larsen Andyblarsen
·
11m
This is the most soul-searching defeat possible: elimination game, up by 25, and losing by double-digits.

Jazz aren't especially close to the mountain top — even if injured, the Clippers revealed big flaws.

Locker room cleanout tomorrow.

dbestpro
06-19-2021, 12:02 AM
Terrance Mann was a second round pick. Makes you think anyone could pull names out of a hat and do just as good a job as these so called experts.

99 Problems
06-19-2021, 12:02 AM
:claw K bringing that trophy back to SAntonia

KaiRMD1
06-19-2021, 12:04 AM
Man, the Utah Jazz were horribly exposed. I expect the coach to be fired

baseline bum
06-19-2021, 12:12 AM
So were the Clippers trapping hard with quick and aggressive double teams on Mitchell again tonight knowing no one else on the Jazz could beat them like in Game 5? Didn't bother watching since it was obvious Utah wasn't winning this series after that horrible loss.

ducks
06-19-2021, 01:36 AM
You rather watch cnn lie to u?

Rummpd
06-19-2021, 02:07 AM
Terance Friggin is the Man

TDMVPDPOY
06-19-2021, 07:35 AM
if the mavs can utilized boban, i dont c why the jizz cant utilized golbet on offense... like give him more touches in the post to draw easy baskets/fouls...

but lol mitchell is nothing more then a overglorified lillard which is a overglorified wannab curry

JamStone
06-19-2021, 07:57 AM

Yeah. Like probably two-thirds of the league like all season long, all playoffs. Most teams shoot enough threes that when they’re hot, they’re world beaters. In today’s league, when teams are cold, they don’t stop shooting the three. That’s why there are so many 20+ point leads, even in the playoffs between good teams, and 20+ point comebacks even in just one half. The entire league is the worst live by the three, die by three team.